[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: im-960777_92(1).jpg (39 KB, 700x446)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
CNN Analysts now Cast Doubt on Cohen and the Prosecution's entire case, and say conviction of Trump is "unlikely"

>https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/trump-lawyers-accuse-michael-cohen-of-lying-about-key-phone-call-5651547
>https://12ft.io/proxy

President Donald Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen was grilled by defense attorneys on May 16 about a key phone call that Mr. Cohen had previously testified about.

Considered the key witness in President Trump’s Manhattan case, Mr. Cohen previously alleged that President Trump approved of reimbursements to him to pay an adult film performer Stephanie Clifford, also known as Stormy Daniels, during the 2016 election. Now, President Trump’s lawyers are asking him numerous questions about previous statements he has made, attempting to undermine his credibility and previous testimony.

Trump attorney Todd Blanche grilled Mr. Cohen about a pivotal phone call that had connected President Trump to the allegations at the center of the case. He accused Mr. Cohen of calling the former president’s bodyguard Keith Schiller to complain about harassing phone calls—not to disclose an update on a plan to purchase the silence of Ms. Clifford.

Mr. Cohen said that the prank calls were a part of the conversation with Mr. Schiller.

“Now your memory is that you were testifying truthfully on Tuesday, and you had enough time to update Mr. Schiller about all the problems you were having with these harassing calls?” Mr. Blanche asked him.

“I always run everything by the boss immediately,” Mr. Cohen said. “It could’ve just been me saying, ‘Everything’s been taken care of, it’s been resolved.’”

“This jury doesn’t want to hear what you think happened,” Mr. Blanche said.
>>
Mr. Cohen testified earlier in the week that he called Mr. Schiller just after 8 p.m. on Oct. 24, 2016, as a way of getting ahold of President Trump because he knew he’d be with him. But the attorney noted that at the time, Mr. Cohen was dealing with a spate of harassing phone calls and had exchanged text messages with the supposed harasser just before contacting Mr. Schiller.

Mr. Blanche cited text message records showing Mr. Cohen messaged Mr. Schiller at 7:48 p.m. regarding the caller, who’d identified himself as a 14-year-old boy who’d promised not to do it again. “Who can I speak to about harassing calls to my cell and office,” Mr. Cohen wrote to the bodyguard.

Mr. Blanche then cited phone records showing Mr. Schiller calling Mr. Cohen and leaving a voicemail at 8:01 p.m., followed by a text message at 8:02 p.m. stating, “Call me.” Mr. Cohen then called Mr. Schiller’s number.

The conversation lasted 1 minute and 36 seconds, phone records show, and Mr. Blanche said Mr. Cohen’s claim that he was talking to President Trump about the Daniels deal “was a lie” because he was “actually talking to Mr. Schiller about getting harassing phone calls from a 14-year-old.”

“Part of it was about the phone calls, but I knew that Keith was with Mr. Trump at the time, and it was more than potentially just this,” Mr. Cohen responded.

But Mr. Cohen stood by his previous testimony, claiming he believes he spoke with President Trump and his bodyguard at the time. Judge Juan Merchan then recessed the court for lunch.

Also on May 16, Mr. Blanche questioned Mr. Cohen about aspirations of receiving the title of special counsel to President Trump.
>>
“My daughter may have called it special counsel to the president. The role I had asked President Trump for was personal attorney to the president,” he said, referring to texts with his daughter. He wanted a hybrid role in the White House that had access to the president but was also outside the federal government.

When Mr. Blanche asked Mr. Cohen if he had wanted to work inside the White House, Mr. Cohen responded: “No sir.” The defense attorney also asked Mr. Cohen if he had wanted to be the Trump chief of staff, to which he also replied no.

Mr. Blanche had outlined conversations that Mr. Cohen had at the time with other people about the possibility of being President Trump’s chief of staff.

The former president has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records. The trial is expected to last for another one or two weeks.
On May 15, during a break in the trial, a former legal adviser to Mr. Cohen told a congressional panel that he believes that Mr. Cohen acted on his own and was trying to get in the good graces of the former president.
>>
Anderson Cooper was left stunned by Trump's attorney's cross examination of Michael Cohen

"It was incredible...lawyers want to build a box around the witness & slam it shut--that's what Todd Blanche did to Cohen...it was an extraordinary cross...Cohen was cornered in...a lie"

https://twitter.com/_johnnymaga/status/1791163774960816421?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1791163774960816421%7Ctwgr%5E9141a1c73ccafe13f1f3e533b6bb772a2bb1b2e8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fpolitical%2Fcohen-destroyed-trump-lawyers-dog-walk-star-witness-through-lie-after-lie-cnn-pundits

CNN legal analyst: "I don't think I've never seen a star cooperating witness get his knees chopped out quite as clearly and dramatically as what just happened with Michael Cohen."

https://twitter.com/MAGAIncWarRoom/status/1791196280758448251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1791196280758448251%7Ctwgr%5E9141a1c73ccafe13f1f3e533b6bb772a2bb1b2e8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fpolitical%2Fcohen-destroyed-trump-lawyers-dog-walk-star-witness-through-lie-after-lie-cnn-pundits
>>
tl;dr- Cohen got caught lying under oath and the entire case, which rests entirely on his verbal testimony, is now falling apart because of it

It's no wonder the only other thread about this is a Salon article that omits 90% of what happened and tries to re-frame Cohen getting demolished and exposed as a win for the prosecution lmao
>>
>>1295757
Not only that but he already lied about some dumb shit before...
But they didnt care....
But now they do.. Even so far as dudes own fucking lawyer was the one that threw him under a bus in court...
But why? Something strange is up.
They spike the ball on 4th down...
They want Joe Biden to debate???
Seriously... wtf is going on rn...
>>
>>1295757
The irony of complaining about Salon's bias/credibility, while using The Epoch Times as an alternative.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/
>>
>>1295765
>REEEEEEEEEEE
Epoch Times > Salon

Post all the pissbabybiasfactcheck links you want, Cohen is still a liar and still got caught committing perjury, again
>>
>>1295766
>Cohen is still a liar
Just like The Epoch Times
>>
>>1295771
No no no, you don't get it. Cohen lied about one random phone call so all the other evidence gets thrown out, Biden is imprisoned, and Trump is retroactively made president for the last four years. and gets another term.
MAGA really is that retarded.
>>
Imagine being dumb and gullible enough to think The Epoch Times was real.
>>
>>1295766
>CHINA BAD
>c-c-c-china based news good
magafags are jokes
>>
>>1295764
Cutting their losses and trying to hide their ability to cheat so they can cheat again in the future and don't end up as lamppost decorations or fish food.
>>
>>1295771
Source?
>>1295773
When you base your entire prosecution on one star witness who then has his credibility deleted, yeah. Strawmanning won't help you.
>>1295777
Epoch Times is based in reality, Salon is based in leftism. ET > Salon, simple as.
>>
>>1295954
>yes, i am a china shill and proud of it
well thanks for admitting as much, shill anon
>>
>>1295771
>>1295773
>>1295777
>no counter arguments
>no counter sources
"I achkept ur confeshhionz :^)"

The phone call Cohen lied about is quite literally one of the key pieces of evidence in the prosecutions narrative that Cohen constructed for them around the alleged pay off scheme. Cohen claimed during this phone call, Trump was present on it and approved Cohen paying of Daniels over the phone.

It turns out he was not present on the phone call, did not give any such approval, and Cohen committed perjury stating otherwise.
Without Cohen's verbal/written testimony there is no case, and he was just been proven to have been given false testimony. This throws the entirety of both his character and this entire narrative into serious doubt. It shouldn't be that surprising- he concocted this entire story in the first place to attempt to get himself out of being charged by the FBI for committing perjury under oath.

The Epoch times factually presented this information, and unless you can provide a source proving otherwise- womp womp cry about it. Which you will, I'm sure.

Compared to the complete joke of a Salon article someone posted about this, which pretty much goes over no details and says it didn't look good for Trump based on abso-fucking-lutley nothing other than "the jurors faces seemed to receive Cohen sympathetically". They hardly cover the cross examination at all, because the author was likely too stupid to even realize what had happened.

Again, when even CNN saying it's over, for all the money they stand to gain keeping suspense alive for more views, it's fucking over.
>>
>>1295757
Going after Cohen's credibility and reputation in general by referring to him as "*a convicted felon*" is their go to smear. They never go into the why he is a convicted felon.

Cohen addressed this in an interview shortly before the trial began:

I wish that when people state that “you lied to Congress,” that you’d do me the courtesy — do yourself the courtesy — of finishing the sentence. What is the sentence? That I had done that, really, for the benefit of Donald J. Trump. And that lie centered around the number of times that I had stated that I spoke to Donald about the failed Trump Tower Moscow real estate project — in conjunction with other lawyers Jay Sekulow, Abbe Lowell, Ty Cobb, with other individuals like Alan Garten or Ivanka [Trump] and Jared [Kushner]. Everybody worked on that statement. I was just the fool who went ahead and read it into the record and submitted it. But what benefit did I have in terms of saying three times versus 10? That’s the lie: That I claimed to have spoken to Donald three times about the failed Trump Tower Moscow real estate project, when the true answer was 10.
>>
>>1296007
>That I had done that, really, for the benefit of Donald J. Trump.
"Yes I did it, but I did it for the sake of Trump, so it's technically not my fault."
>>
>>1296003
>JUST ACCEPT THE CHINESE NARRATIVE YOU FUCKING LIBS
No, I don't think I will, chinashill
>>
>>1295954
>>1296003
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-epoch-times/
>Overall, we rate The Epoch Times Right Biased and Questionable based on the publication of pseudoscience and the promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, as well as numerous failed fact checks.
>>
But what did Trump and Cohen talk about on their phone calls between the 24th and 26th. They day the payment was made?
>>
>>1296023
Correct. Trump gets people to do shit on his behalf. This case is littered with examples supporting it.
>>
What kind of lawyer records his client without their knowledge, and since when is that admissable evidence in court?
>>
>>1296023
>"Yes I did it, but I did it for the sake of Trump, so it's technically not my fault."
Replace the name "Trump" with any convicted mob boss, and that's the testimony that was used to take that mob boss down.
>>
>>1296039
>What kind of lawyer records his client without their knowledge,
When the lawyer is hired to be a "Fixer" for one of the most notoriously corrupt real estate bullies of the 20th century and works 9 years in that position knowing where the bodies are buried.
>and since when is that admissable evidence in court?
https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/rule_3_7_lawyer_as_witness/comment_on_rule_3_7/
>>
>>1295948
The mainstream press, all of it, including FOX, NYT, NPR, CNN, MSNBC, etc are all tied up with China, and have defended our suicidal tax and economic policies, as well as their genocides of Tibet and others, for 50 or so years.
Chinese communist and Critical Theory (queer, black, fem, critival race, etc) fellow traveller money was behind BLM, Antifa, current universities, and have pushed objectively false and violently divisive movements for at least 15 years that have done billions in damage and killed 30+ people in just the last 5 years.
Considering Critical Theory's fake stats and unscientific, self destructive delusions and conclusions run all of the above, it is really fucking rich to claim an independent anticommunist paper which has been correct on ever major issue since 2019, one which CCP Google and FANG conspirators and other conspire to censor them in order to protect Neo-Maoist narratives about race and identity, is somehow less reliable than the confired liars you mark as reliable sources, I feel confident in disregarding your objectively incorrect positions.
The "Chinese Communist" news is your globalist corporate news, not the dissenters.
But hey, watch more TV, clearly you are happy in your mental slavery.
>>
>>1296042
Which one of those exemptions do you think applies here?
>>
>>1296044
I think your little tin foil hat slipped loose. Poor victimized cis white man. How do you get up in the morning with all that fear?
>>
>>1296026
>>1296033
>can't refute source
>can't refute claims in source
>can only cry about source bias
You've already conceded once guys, it's fine. You accepted the loss.

>>1296038
>This case is littered with examples supporting it.
Cite one that doesn't only exist because Cohen says it does, that would not not exist if he had not given testimony.

>>1296040
Usually there's more than just circumstantial evidence tied together by someone who's already going to jail for committing perjury, but sure, lets just throw all context and nuance out for your ad absurdum ass nonsense.

>>1296042
>Cohen recorded Trump telling him to commit crimes
Really? Then why is there no recording and the only evidence is, again, Cohen's verbal & written testimony?

>>1296046
>I think your little tin foil hat slipped loose.
I think your little black hat is showing
>>
>>1296042
>knowing where the bodies are buried.
You actually have to show the bodies, you can't just say there are bodies and expect everyone to take your word on it.

Also: you people are going to chant more idioms on way through another let down, aren't you? Turns out chanting "where there's smoke there's fire" during the Mueller probe did not, in fact, result in finding any fire. Right Maddow?
>>
>>1296061
>>1296062
Imagine being this Trump simp on the day he has to report to federal prison. Imagine the tears, the frustration, the agony of existence, knowing you've invested too much of your life defending a laughing stock of history like Donald J. Trump. I wonder if the people who defended Nixon felt 1/10th of that.
>>
>>1296073
When this trial results in no conviction, will you blame:

A- Russians
B- Chinese
C- White Supremacists
D- Chuds
E- All of the above as if they were the same person

My guess is E.
>>
>>1296073
Imagine the myriad of tears over the past decade about Trump not being in prison.
I bet your could fill a bathtub.
Ahahahahhah!
>>
>>1296073
>Imagine being this Trump hater on the day he gets inaugurated again. Imagine the tears, the frustration, the agony of existence, knowing you've invested too much of your life trying to take down Donald J. Trump and failed. I wonder if the Democrats who plotted to assassinate Abe Lincoln despite losing the civil war felt 1/10th of that

FTFY :^)
>>
>>1295753
The problem with the charges against Trump is entirely which pot of money was used for what. Cohen using the wrong pot of money to reimburse himself isn't Trump doing it. CNN tends to have extremely good coverage on court cases when you aren't reading the opinion articles. Too bad CNN sucks at international news, but then again they're still better than all other US news organizations at international news.
>>
>>1296062
Maddow getting humbled on live television over Trump taxes was amazing to see. Honestly gave me a little respect for her as anything other than a less shrill Nancy Grace.
>>
>>1296079
so you watch rachel maddow and whenever you claim other people are obsessed with her it's projection
>>
>>1296074
>>1296077
What are you people going to do when he goes to prison?
>>
>>1296082
What are you going to do when he doesn't?
>>
>>1296085
But he will. He got caught red-handed. So? Have you prepared or will you be here still in total denial like you are now?
>>
>>1296087
>But he will.
Two more weeks

>He got caught red-handed
Which case? The Georgia one that fell apart because of the corrupt DA? Or the NY one that's currently falling apart because the star witness got caught committing perjury, again?

>Have you prepared for him not going to jail or will you be here still in total denial like you are now?
FTFY. We'd like your answer, because we know what happened after the Mueller probe fell apart and we're concerned (hoping) you're going to hurt yourself
>>
>>1296089
u mad
>>
>>1296080
>If you watch X and remember it for longer than five seconds you're obsessed with it
No. Your statement is illogical and wrong and not a relevant argument. The presence or absence of "obsession" has no bearing at the current discussion.
>>
>>1296091
>Mueller time! Trust the plan!
>>
>no, you're going to feel stupid when trump goes to jail
>no, youre going to feel stupid when trump doesn't go to jail
>no u
>no u
Quality discussion here.
>>
>>1296098
so far only ever one side was 100% correct despite the other side for several cases and several years proclaimed every other week a new "bombshell"
>>
>>1296061
>Cite one that doesn't only exist because Cohen says it does, that would not not exist if he had not given testimony.

sealioning.
>>
>>1296138
True
>>
Wasn't Cohen paid to lie for Trump?
>>
They might convict him.
>>
>>1296162
No it isn't. Trump has been founds guilty several times while he was president.
>>
>>1296201
>Found guilty of mean Twitter posts.
>Feefees still hurt.
I'm not sure why you Canadians care so much about US politics. Perhaps diverting all this effort is why Canada sucks so much right now, eh?
>>
>>1296208
>Found guilty of fraud in the Trump University case
>Found guilty of fraud in the Trump Organization case
>Found liable for the sexual assault he did

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are many others.
>>
>>1296144
>claim there are multiple instances that are easily referenced
>get asked for references
>can't cite anything cause you made it up
>"muh sealioning"

So there's nothing that doesn't rest entirely on his verbal/written testimony

>>1296184
Cohen claims that Cohen was paid by Trump to lie for him. There's no evidence of this either- other than Cohen's verbal/written testimony

Is the sublime retardation of this case beginning to unfold for you people yet? This is literally all a story a guy who got charged with perjury made up so that he wouldn't have to go to jail for perjury. Yet already got caught committing perjury, again.

Nothing Cohen says can be relied on because it is now all suspect due to him getting caught committing perjury, and without his testimony there is no case. This case is dead.
>>
>>1296295
brother I appreciate your efforts but these troons are just farming (You)s because they don't do any actual work and are terminally online, grooming and dilating

feed them if you want, but I'd rather watch them starve
>>
>>1296335
Reminder there are no troons on this entire board but they live in your head rent free.
>>
>>1296336
Found the troon
>>
>>1296295
Good post
>>
>>1296348
Good post.
>>
>>1296295
They presented evidence of Trump commanding Cohen to do this. It was all in court. Your willful ignorance is wild. They reviewed documents showing g Trump was aware and ordered this illegal payment.

Keep calling people dumb, you look foolish and uninformed.
>>
>>1296361
>no citations
>no sources
>inb4 "muh sealioning"
Womp womp
>>
>>1296416
Pretty ballsy for someone who'd been duped into thinking EpochTimes is a valid news source.
>>
>>1296416
Circumstantial is a thing.

For some reason Trump is your guy when in reality he's no one's guy, including himself based on how his life was 10 years ago vs right now.
>>
>>1296482
Well, remember, the circumstantial evidence was plenty good for them when witnesses were testifying against Hunter Biden or Hillary Clinton. Remember all the witness affidavits they were swearing up and down were proof of voter fraud? You have to keep in mind these people have no principals. Its legit when it agrees with them and fake news when it doesn't.
>>
>>1296348
>>1296351
>>1296358
Extremely low quality posts.
>>
>>1296061
>usually there's more than just circumstantial evidence tied together by someone who's already going to jail for commiting perjury
...you aren't that familiar with mob trials, are you? Yeah, it usually is literally all tied together by the testimony of other career criminals and convicted liars who flip on the bosses they lie for. The witnesses are all taking plea deals to reduce their sentences, for perjury and extortion and murder. They're not good people, but their testimony can still be enough to put away the lynchpins--especially when there's plenty of other connective tissue and evidence of criminality.

Hey, guess what they have on Trump? Plenty of other evidence, that Cohen's testimony reinforced.
>>
>>1296208
>I'm not sure why you Canadians care so much about US politics.
Trump started a random trade war with Canada. The war had basically no material gain, but my assortment of investments dropped 10% that year. Instead of gaining at least 5%
I liked him before that, the luls were great. Now fuck him
>>
>>1296548
>Hey, guess what they have on Trump?
He said the word "pussy".
Everything else you retards rant about has been proven to be made up by team Hillary.
Your delusion rhymes with collusion.
RICO gonna get ya.
>>
>>1296548
>Plenty of other evidence
[citation still needed]

How come there's plenty of evidence but you still can't name even one piece?
>>
>>1296846
So... still no citations? No sources? Nothin?

I accept your concession :^)

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.