[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is worse than Roe v Wade being overturned.

Plus-size travel influencer who wants free extra seats for fat fliers says airport worker refused to push her up jet bridge in wheelchair because of her size - and forced her into walk that left her wheezing for oxygen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-13433065/Plus-size-travel-influencer-wants-free-extra-seats-fat-fliers-says-airport-worker-refused-push-jet-bridge-wheelchair-size-forced-walk-left-wheezing-oxygen.html

A plus-size travel influencer has claimed she was discriminated against by an airport employee who refused to push her in a wheelchair because of her weight.

Jaelynn Chaney, 27, recounted her experience with a wheelchair assistant on a jet bridge after a recent landing at Seattle–Tacoma International Airport.

'My ordeal at SeaTac Airport will shock you,' Chaney, of Vancouver in Washington, said in a TikTok. Chaney, who can walk, then detailed how she requested wheelchair assistance on a recent flight - as she always does.

However, Chaney claims that when she tried to deplane the aircraft, the employee assigned to help assist her started to walk away when she realized she was supposed to help the plus-size woman and not one of the smaller passengers.

The travel influencer said that as the employee walked away with the wheelchair she was making comments about her size. Chaney - who has previously demanded free extra seats for fat fliers subsidized by slimmer passengers -

says the ordeal left her gasping for air.
>>
'Even when I told her I really needed the chair and needed her to let me sit down in it she blatantly ignored me and kept walking,' Chaney complained in the dramatic TikTok - which showed her walking up an airplane's aisles aisles.

'I was then forced to walk up one of the longest jet bridges I've encountered and she didn't stop,' the 27-year-old continued in her rant.

By the time Chaney was finally allowed to reach the wheelchair and sit down her lips were white, her oxygen levels had dropped and she almost fainted, she claims.

According to Chaney, by assuming that she could walk and not pushing her up the jet bridge - the employee was discriminating against the plus sized woman.

'Staying silent isn't an option anymore,' Chaney said of the 'discrimination' she faced. 'If you've faced something similar, you're not alone.'

She continued: 'Discrimination is real, and I don't want anyBODY else to ever experience something like this.'

Users in the comments were quick to show their support for the 27-year-old. 'I'm so sorry honey,' one wrote.

'Sending positivity! No one should be discriminated against for their body or abilities,' another wrote.

Chaney also used the experience to promote her push for airlines to give free extra seats to fat fliers who may not fit in a standard airplane chair.

She says the 'passenger of size' policy afford basic human rights to fat people - but previously conceded that slim passengers' fares may have to go up to cover the cost of paying for overweight flyers' additional needs.

This was the travel influencer's first time traveling without oxygen and uploaded a TikTok documenting the experience.
>>
Imagine The Daily Mail being your only source of news. Imagine how confused and unprepared you would be.
>>
>>1296099
Imagine being this fat
>>
>>1296102
It would probably be hard to breath after walking a reasonable distance, and you might have heart issues.
But your biggest problem would always remain: plane travel not being designed for 1000kg Democrat women.
>>
>>1296094
I would blame the fat, but we all know her parents were also fat and lazy and never taught her nutrition and coached her to never learn nutrition from everyone else that did try to teach her. I still blame jer for being a disgusting fatass with an equally disgusting personality. However, I am understanding that her parents were also terrible and her entire bloodline should be genocided.
>>
>>1296107
>implying red states don't have most of the fat people
How did you get this confused?
>>
>>1296110
Probably true, but it's also possible her parents were slim and she started eating during her rebellious phase and never, ever, ever stopped.
>>
>>1296111
Why yes, black people do suffer from obesity at a greater rate and most blacks are in southern red states.
Thanks for noticing.
>>
>>1296113
>Why yes, chuds do suffer from obesity at a greater rate and most chuds are in southern red states.
*ftfy
proof: https://www.maxmasnick.com/2011/11/15/obesity_by_county/
>>
>>1296114
It's what I said.
https://censusscope.org/us/map_nhblack.html
>>
>>1296099
source that Daily Mail is OP's only source of news?
>>1296111
>it's another "Black people live in red states which proves that Republicans are bad!" thread
kek.
conservatives are not the ones promoting HAES and fat acceptance.
>>
>>1296141
>source that Daily Mail is OP's only source of news?
OP here, I get the majority of my news from late night comedy shows, thanks!
>>
Being morbidly obese should be a crime.
>>
>>1296094
I wonder if she's ever considered that she might be overweight and it would be better to lose some weight than to keep taking flights while making ridiculous demands then yelling for help from people who have no idea what it's like to be so ridiculously and morbidly obese that you can't even walk 30 feet without gasping for air and your heart exploding a second time.
What a stupid fat bitch.
>>
>>1296133
No it isnt.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3236990/
>>
>>1296145
Go back to >>>/tv/
>>
>>1296320
Uh...
>The prevalence of obesity is higher in blacks than whites, especially in black women
It's what I said initially.
>>
>>1296369
The problem is there aren't enough black people for all the fat white people.
>>
>>1296379
Guess what? In the south, where the majority of black people in the US live, there is.
>>
>>1296383
The fattest state in the country is West Virginia. Its 94% white. The internet has turned your brain into race obsessed mush.
>>
>>1296474
Hmm well, the fastest states are pretty much all black states.
I guess you are wrong again
https://files.catbox.moe/nvwnsc.png
>>
>>1296477
>Hmm well, the fastest states are pretty much all black states.
The fattest state in the country is West Virginia. Its 94% white. The second fattest state is Oklahoma. That state is 74% white. The third is Louisiana. That state is 60% white. You need to get off of the internet. Your entire mind has been captured by propaganda and programmed to make everything about race. There is no such thing as a "black state".
>>
>>1296479
But the states which are all white, aren't fat, like Vermont.
Even if a state, like Louisiana, which is the second blackest state in the US is still 60% white, that shows you just how fat black people are.

This is simple statistics anon
>>
>>1296479
Let me just word this another way you can understand, anon.
When you line up the 10 blackest states to the 10 fattest states, 6 states are on both lists, and the other 4 black states aren't far down in the list of fattest
>>
>>1296484
Conversely, when you line up the 10 fattest states with the 10 whitest states, only a single state is on both lists
>>
>>1296483
>But the states which are all white, aren't fat, like Vermont.
But the state that is the fattest is 94% white. The second fattest state is 74% white.

>This is simple statistics anon
The simple statistics show that obesity is a southern issue, not a racial one. Its so weird like you're even pretending to give a shit about obesity in the first place.

>>1296484
You've managed to obfuscate and shit this thread up to such an extent that we're not even discussing anything relevant anymore.
>>
>>1296487
>The second fattest state is 74% white.
It's the second blackest state, anon.
>>1296486
This
>>
>>1296488
shut up fatty, take a walk
>>
>>1296489
Lmao thanks for admitting your wrong, fatass faggot
>>
>>1296487
Me obfuscate?
I read your cherry picked west Virginia comment and demolished you.
Don't even know what you were arguing about before that, just that your cherry picked example isn't representative of reality
Next time don't cherry pick, retard
>>
>>1296488
>It's the second blackest state, anon.
That's a really weird way to refer to state that is 74% white.

>>1296491
>Me obfuscate?
Yes. This thread is about some random fat white woman with followers on Twitter and you've managed to turn this into some dumb fuck /pol/ rage bait thread about how fat black people are.

>I read your cherry picked west Virginia comment and demolished you.
The #1 fattest state in the country is West Virginia. Its 94% white. Cope.

>Don't even know what you were arguing about before that, just that your cherry picked example isn't representative of reality
>Next time don't cherry pick, retard
I have a bone to pick with whoever taught you to parrot the phrase "cherry pick" but didn't bother to teach you what it meant. Getting BTFO'd because you hate black people so much you couldn't be bothered to read a 2 page CDC abstract is not cherry picking. Its just you being a moron whose brain has been completely deteriorated by far-right cesspools. Not everything is about race, anon. You're actually obsessed.
>>
>>1296490
fat and can't spell either. Sad!
>>
>>1296493
Hey here just so you can blow it out your ass even more
https://files.catbox.moe/ii5v2t.png
A state having heavy black pop and being obese is positively correlated with a p value of 0.15
The p value of non-black population to obesity is just the negative of that, p value -0.15
>>
>>1296497
Imagine putting this much effort into dying on a hill that nobody gives a fuck about and isn't even remotely related to the thread. You dislike blacks, anon. We all got it.
>>
>>1296500
No, I believe they should take better care of themselves.
>>
>>1296501
opinion dismissed for irrelevancy
>>
>>1296500
Bro it's like 5 minutes in excel for anyone who isn't a retard

Next time don't cherry pick.
>>
>>1296501
You went on this irrelevant, statistically one dimensional tangent because you really really care for the well being of black people. Great. Is that all?

>>1296503
>cherry pick.
You don't know what this means
>>
>>1296505
I'm *not* the one who brought up some lie about fat states being correlated to white people. That was in fact, you. All I simply did was prove you were wrong

It's not my fault you are wrong all the time
>>
>>1296507
how do you feel about the millions of obese white people though
>>
>>1296507
WHY WOULD A LEFTIST LIE ONLINE!!?? THIS IS UNHEARD OF!1!
>>
>>1296509
Doesn't affect me as much as it does you, I guess
>>
>>1296511
nice job derailing the thread boss
>>
>>1296515
You brought it up
>>
>>1296517
whatever you want to talk about boss, your rails now. black people instead?
>>
>>1296510
>Arguing with the leftist in his head.
Are you okay?

>>1296507
>I'm *not* the one who brought up some lie about fat states being correlated to white people. That was in fact, you. All I simply did was prove you were wrong
The whole conversation started because some dipshit immediately started making this about Republicans vs. Democrats. When it was brought up that southern states statistically have the highest obesity rates you chimed in with "WELL WHAT ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE" despite it having absolutely nothing to do with anything. When the statistics were brought up showing that the two fattest states in the nation are overwhelmingly white, completely debunking your assertion that fat black people are somehow responsible for all of the obesity stats in the south, you had a complete /pol/ spergout where you just kept repeating your same debunked talking points until you exhausted everyone in the thread. Despite all of this, you never even bothered arriving at a point. Nothing you said held any relevance whatsoever to the thread and you failed to make any prescriptive statement at all. You went on this irrelevant tirade seemingly only because it makes you seethe on a cellular level when anybody brings up any issue and it isn't immediately turned into a "REEEEE BLACK PEOPLE" thread. You are mentally 12 years old.
>>
>>1296521
This tard thinks he debunked something.
It's been rebunked. You need to check the sources instead of generating outraged walls of text.
Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings.
And any state with about the national average of the black population is not overwhelmingly white. It's blacker than average.
WV aside, the obesity crisis is a majority black Democrat problem.
>>
>>1296519
affirmative, change course to black people
>>
>>1296521
Just shut up dude you're having a meltdown
>>
>>1296521
>you chimed in with "WELL WHAT ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE"
As I stated earlier, I will state again, because I don't think you have decent reading comprehension. I entered the thread when you started talking about west Virginia being all white and having a high obesity rate.

You were factually already engaging in that conversation by the time I engaged with you.
>>
>>1296319
demoKKKrats and basketball shaped Americans dont understand the concept of accountability.
They honestly believe weighing 300+ pounds is completely normal and society needs to accommodate them. Apply this to literally anything and you see why the victim mentality is so prevalent these days.
>>
>>1296094
>The travel influencer said that as the employee walked away with the wheelchair she was making comments about her size.
"You're gonna need a bigger chair"
>>
>>1296110
I looked her up and apparently her parents were druggies and she was homeless for a good bit of her childhood. That is really tragic, but she's an adult now and she's old enough to make the change instead of making excuses and demanding the rest of society pays for her choices.
>>1296111
https://www.vice.com/en/article/j5e3z7/gym-bros-more-likely-to-be-right-wing-assholes-science-confirms

https://msmagazine.com/2019/10/18/the-feminist-history-of-fat-liberation/

right-wingers are gym bros, leftists are fatties who whine about the world not catering to their obesity.

>>1296497
fucking rekt, well done
>>
>>1296542
>Muh race is only important when when people are doing better
Hypocrite.
>>
>>1296581
race isn't important at all, only to racists.
>>
>>1296874
The left is racist, yes
>>
>>1296874
demoKKKrats all agree with you
>>
>>1296949
>>1296961
So you both are democrats since you hate blacks and browns, right?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.