[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: assange.png (1.35 MB, 1200x800)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/05/20/assange-appeal-extradition-court/

LONDON — A pair of High Court judges in Britain granted Julian Assange permission to appeal his extradition to the United States, where he faces charges of espionage for releasing reams of sensitive military and diplomatic files via WikiLeaks in 2010.

It was a legal victory for Assange, as it meant that the 52-year-old WikiLeaks founder would not be whisked away by U.S. marshals. But he is set to remain in the high-security Belmarsh prison, on the outskirts of London, while his legal saga continues in Britain for more months.
>>
He's still been in captivity one way or another for 14 years.

His first mistake was crossing the Republicans with the Afghan War Logs leak.
His last mistake was crossing the DNC with the podesta and DNC email leaks.
His worst mistake was publishing information embarrassing the glowies at the cia
>>
>>1296614
If an American posts confidential info about Thailand or Bahrain no one gives a fuck, but if an Australian posts confidential info about America then he gets life in prison.
>>
>>1296614
>He's still been in captivity one way or another for 14 years.
He shouldn't have opposed the Democrat neoliberal agenda.
>>
>>1296631
Indeed
>>
>>1296631
>Trump could have pardoned him at any time
>>
>>1296633
If I remember right he wasn't even in the US for a decade and was being held in an embassy somewhere.
>>
>>1296633
>Pardon someone who hasn't been convicted of a crime.
How?
>>
>>1296635
Ask Steve Bannon
>>
>>1296633
No, he couldn't have.
You can't pardon someone who hasn't been convicted of a crime
>>1296637
Idiot.
>>
>>1296644
>NO U
Hilarious concession.
>>
>>1296652
What the fuck is wrong with you why do you act like this
>>
>>1296690
You're retarded and don't know history and it makes me laugh.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/19/politics/steve-bannon-pardoned-by-trump/index.html
President Donald Trump pardoned his former chief strategist Steve Bannon in a last-minute decision made only hours before he is scheduled to depart the White House for a final time.

Trump told people that after much deliberation, he had decided to pardon Bannon as one of his final acts in office.

“President Trump granted a full pardon to Stephen Bannon. Prosecutors pursued Mr. Bannon with charges related to fraud stemming from his involvement in a political project,” the statement from White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany read. “Mr. Bannon has been an important leader in the conservative movement and is known for his political acumen.”

Bannon faces a federal case that began in August when New York federal prosecutors charged him and three others with defrauding donors of more than a million dollars as part of a fundraising campaign purportedly aimed at supporting Trump’s border wall.

Bannon’s pardon would follow a frantic scramble during the President’s final hours in office as attorneys and top aides debated his inclusion on Trump’s outgoing clemency list. Despite their falling out in recent years, Trump was eager to pardon his former aide after recently reconnecting with him as he helped fan Trump’s conspiracy theories about the election.
>>
>>1296695
OK but Biden still hasn't pardoned him.
Probably because of all that shit he released on how terrible Democrats are.
>>
>>1296700
I agree that Biden has every intention of keeping him in jail forever if that's what you mean. Even if his extradition is successfully blocked he's still going to remain in UK prison indefinitely, but that's still better than US Federal "Pound me in the ass" prisons.
>>
>>1296613

What's the over/under on Assange "committing suicide" in his prison cell where the surveillance cameras are conveniently "broken"?...
>>
>>1296728
I thought Pam Anderson visited him regularly and gave him handjobs.
>>
>>1296732
I don't think this is true anymore
>>
>>1296613
I don't really see how Assange is guilty of espionage in the US, especially since he wasn't physically in the US. Yes he received classified documents that were unauthorized to be released, but he wasn't under US authority or obligations.

The head of the CIA isn't going to be deported to Russia because he organized spying in Russia.
>>
>>1296728
It has been consistently a likely bet. Assange is half-dead already from hiding in the embassy.
>>
>>1296923
It goes back to the case in which Manning was his co-conspirator. There are 18 different charges including the espionage act violations. Read for yourself:
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-charged-18-count-superseding-indictment
>>
>>1296923
The problem is his defense is "I'm just a journalist", which no one believes.
>>
>>1296932
Why is this so unbelievable?
>>
>>1296933
Because many actual journalists call him a mere petty thief of classified info which he published, but I'm not trying to say it's a settled matter or he doesn't have any defenders. There are other journalists who insist he's one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commentary_about_Julian_Assange
I know it's wikipedia slop but this article combines a lot of the quotes on both sides and presents some of the controversy.
>>
>>1296942
>Because many actual journalists call him a mere petty thief of classified info which he published
It's doubtful actual journalists would do such a thing.
>>
>>1297040
>>1296942
>Joe Biden, the vice-president of the United States, was asked whether he saw Assange as closer to a high-tech terrorist than to whistleblower Ellsberg. Biden responded that he "would argue it is closer to being a high-tech terrorist than the Pentagon Papers".[27
Kek
>>
i bet julian assange would love project nortubel
>>
>>1296942
Most journalists are just rich Kids nowadays and not hard line reporters or good investigative journalist with skin in the game.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.