[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

AOC files articles of impeachment against Justices Alito, Thomas, alleges 'unchecked corruption'
AOC argues Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas' presence on the court is a 'constitutional crisis'
By Anders Hagstrom Fox News
Published July 10, 2024 1:59pm EDT

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-files-articles-impeachment-against-justices-alito-thomas-alleges-unchecked-corruption

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., filed articles of impeachment against Supreme Court Justices Samuel Alito and Clarence Thomas on Wednesday, alleging "unchecked corruption."

"The unchecked corruption crisis on the Supreme Court has now spiraled into a Constitutional crisis threatening American democracy writ large," Cortez wrote in a statement. "Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito’s pattern of refusal to recuse from consequential matters before the court in which they hold widely documented financial and personal entanglements constitutes a grave threat to American rule of law, the integrity of our democracy, and one of the clearest cases for which the tool of impeachment was designed."

"Justice Thomas and Alito’s repeated failure over decades to disclose that they received millions of dollars in gifts from individuals with business before the court is explicitly against the law. And their refusal to recuse from the specific matters and cases before the court in which their benefactors and spouses are implicated represents nothing less than a constitutional crisis. These failures alone would amount to a deep transgression worthy of standard removal in any lower court, and would disqualify any nominee to the highest court from confirmation in the first place," she argued.
>>
id let her uncheck my corruption, if you know what i mean
>>
>>1312121
>uncheck my corruption
? Actually I dont. Wouldn't this just mean that she's doing nothing?
>>
>>1312086
This is the same story as >>1309348 rehashed by FoxNews for their boomer audience
>>
>>1312123
The old story is about the threat of impeaching. The current one is about her actually filing it and what it contains.
>>
>>1312124
It's a lot of hype over nothing to scare boomers.
>>
>>1312126
It's part of her plan to run for president in 2028. She will have my vote immediately. She's way too far to the left, but Republicans are going to have to learn to stop demonizing left-centrists the hard way.
>>
I already said it once and I'll say it again; AOC should be put in the most violent MEN's prison in America and be used as a sex toy by all the niggers and nazis who haven't seen a pussy in decades!
>>
>>1312127
you are fucking dreaming...
>>
>>1312086
No amount of airbrushing and photoshop makes this bitch look less deformed, what abysmal bone structure.
>>
>>1312127
Nope. The establishment uses progressive politicians to keep their base onside with a hefty dollop of fearmongering about imaginary fascists, but absolutely will not let them have actual power. Republicans tried to do the same thing with the Libertarians (not the joke party, actual Libertarians) and it failed because the difference between progressive voters and Libertarian voters is that progressives are broke college kids who do what they're told and Libertarians have a lot of rich boomers who are major donors and had actual sway with the RNC. That's why the Democrats could smother Bernie Sanders but stifling Ron Paul led to the RNC getting so neutered they couldn't slide Jeb Bush in and got Trump instead.

>>1312389
There's this Warhammer 40k series I like where they keep describing one of the junior officers as looking like a horse, and I would picture AOC if it wasn't for the fact that the officer in question is actually competent and canonically goes on to become a Lord General (Lady General, I guess).
>>
>>1312391
Lieutenant Sulla would have had AOC shot for heresy the moment the shrieking communist whore started simping for the Tau.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.