[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 122 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: 1527829290451.jpg (47 KB, 480x468)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
In 2014, two officers with the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office in Florida went to Gregory Vaughn Hill Jr.'s home for a noise complaint.

Hill, a 30-year-old black man, had been blasting an expletive-laden song by Drake, according to court testimony reviewed by CNN, and an unhappy woman who heard the song called officers to complain. The two deputies, including Christopher Newman, arrived to the house and knocked on the garage door, which Hill opened.

The officers exclaimed that the man had a gun, according to a lawsuit from Hill's family, and so the 30-year-old closed his door. Newman fired bullets through the garage door, hitting Hill once in the head and twice in the chest.

Hill, a father of three, died of those injuries.

Hill's family filed a wrongful-death lawsuit in 2016 after a jury didn't indict Newman. They hoped to receive compensation for their suffering and wanted a jury to determine whether any of the deceased man's rights had been violated, according to The New York Times.

Police say Hill brandished a handgun and refused to drop it when ordered, according to The New York Times, but his family disagrees.

A jury just handed down its decision. It led John Phillips, the family's attorney, to issue a bold proclamation: "Black lives don't matter."

At first, the jury gave the man's family $4. That includes a single dollar for each of Hill's children — aged 7, 10 and 13 — and another dollar for the man's funeral expenses, NBC reported. But the jury found that Hill, who had been drinking at the time, was 99 percent at fault for his own death.

So that $4 was then reduced to just four cents.

Monique Davis, the fiancee of Hill, told NBC that the decision left her feeling shocked.

"My heart just dropped," she said.. "It was like, are y'all serious?"

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article212324564.html
>>
Phillips lamented that the jury sent the message that they "viewed these childrens' pain as virtually worthless."

"I'd have rather seen a zero," he told NBC, "than have to tell the children that their pain and suffering for losing their father is only a dollar."

Sheriff Ken J. Mascara praised the jury's decision, writing "we are pleased to see this difficult and tragic incident come to a conclusion."

“Deputy Newman was placed in a very difficult situation, and like so many fellow law enforcement officers must do every day, he made the best decision he could for the safety of his partner, himself, and the public given the circumstances he faced,” he wrote. “We appreciate the jury’s time and understanding.”

The two deputies did not realize they killed Hill after shooting through the garage door, according to the family's lawsuit, and then shot tear gas canisters through windows and called the SWAT team and snipers. The family argues the tear gas destroyed much of the home.

Court documents allege Hill was found dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket. A SWAT team first discovered that Hill was dead after using a robot to photograph the inside of the garage, The New York Times reported.

Hill's fiancee said she isn't going to rest until she feels justice is served.

“I’m going to keep fighting until I get some justice,” she told The New York Times. “That’s the only way I’m going to get peace.”
>>
>>256149
>have to tell the children that their pain and suffering for losing their father is only a dollar
Maybe if he wasn't a violent psychopathic thug his children wouldn't have to suffer.
>I’m going to keep fighting until I get some justice
You already got it.
>>
Shouldn't have gotten anything
>>
Thanks OP. With all that very painted language, I know to avoid the Miami Herald from now on.
>>
>>256176
You are welcome
>>
conservatives unanimously agree death penalty is appropriate sentence for brandishing weapon in own home, more at 11

honestly the feds should have just driven an APC with a 50 cal through the crowd at charlottesville and ventilated every armed citizen they saw
>>
>>256148
>Police say Hill brandished a handgun and refused to drop it when ordered,
>Court documents allege Hill was found dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket.
I am confused. Please explain.
>>
>>256149
> Noise complaint
> Emptying service weapon through a closed garage door
> Calling SWAT
> Lobbing tear gas into house with 7-year old children
> Deploying snipers
Overkill much?

If the man was white, you would be screaming Waco, Part II.
>>
>>256194
> ventilated every armed citizen they saw
Do you really believe that the guy just happened to have an unloaded revolver in his back pocket?

Police carry throwaway guns to cover up mistakes. They are usually guns acquired at weapon swaps or from cold cases. FIle the serial numbers off, and you have a handy excuse. "He had a gun." Yeah, right.
>>
>>256199
the police are no strangers to planting evidence but in this case it's more likely that he had a gun than that the police tried to raid the house for literally no reason

usually when the police shoot someone for no reason it's because they're rank cowards who shoot everyone whose hands drop below waist height or might be holding objects of any kind but in this case i figure the jury doesn't find the estate's alternative theory to be plausible
>>
>>256148
he should have just put down the weapon, why do people chimp out every time a black guy disobeys a lawful order while holding a weapon and gets shot for it
>>
>>256199
>Police carry throwaway guns to cover up mistakes. They are usually guns acquired at weapon swaps or from cold cases. FIle the serial numbers off, and you have a handy excuse. "He had a gun." Yeah, right.
this is exactly what the CIA did with Stephen Paddock
>>
>>256204
because the law doesn't prescribe summary execution as the penalty for disobeying lawful orders
>>
>>256207
were you at the court case? do you have the transcript of what transpired in court? if there were any body cameras did you watch the entire footage?
or are you just assuming the cop went full rambo as soon as he saw a black person and unloaded a clip into the mans head and then dropped his throwaway revolver on the scene he keeps handy for when he feels like shooting someone?
>>
>>256207
>>256148
>But the jury found that Hill, who had been drinking at the time, was 99 percent at fault for his own death.
well, that says it all, doesnt it?
>>
>>256208
i'm not the guy claiming the gun was planted, i'm >>256200. but the cops have only so far alleged brandishing, and while it's understandable you might shoot someone for brandishing it's not quite as clear that it's always the right decision.

>and then dropped his throwaway revolver on the scene he keeps handy for when he feels like shooting someone?
not all cops keep these, but there is no shortage of cops prepared to plant evidence for the entirely honorable purpose of putting the bad people away.
>>
>>256210
>but there is no shortage of cops prepared to plant evidence for the entirely honorable purpose of putting the bad people away.
oh i totally agree with this, ive witnessed it first hand
>>
>>256151
>>256160

what crime did he commit and is the punishment for that crime death?
>>
>>256209
That people shouldn't be allowed to drink or play music in their own home?
>>
Guys be careful when you drink; never drink alone and always make sure you know how much you can handle before making a huge scene. Friend of my father decided he was the head hancho in charge of everything when he decided to drive drunk at 3AM after a family barbeque. He crashed into someone's house and when the police got there he pulled out his got and got his caps busted.
>>
>>256213
Did you file a complaint and a civil lawsuit for it? Or did you allow this to happen, only by your inaction?
>>
>>256148
>>256149
>Black dude with a peashooter listens to Drake
>Wh*te people are scared by this and call the cops
>Cops shoot him through a closed door because they're so scared
>Cops LITERALLY call in a SWAT team and snipers because they are so fucking scared of one dude with a peashooter
>>
>>256229
I was never able to prove anything, it was a possession related crime so short of having video evidence of something being planted I had no recourse as saying I was in possession would have been illegal
>>
>>256227
>Police say Hill brandished a handgun and refused to drop it when ordered, according to The New York Times, but his family disagrees.
Did you miss that part? He was drunk, armed and uncooperative.
>>
>>256148
Family should have sued Drake. It's clearly his musics fault. ;-)
>>
>>256231
Iam pretty sure you are not impervious to pea shooters
>>
So why aren't body cameras and microphones mandatory for all police yet?
>>
>>256278
Nah, dude. Putin gone done it.
>>
>>256204
we get it. you hate black people. ever so very much.
>>
>>256273
Did you miss the part where American cops shout stop resisting at corpses, than proceed to handcuff them?
>>
>>256226
If I'm robbing a store then try and fuck up an officer and I get shot I wasn't unjustly punished because robbing a store doesn't equal death penalty you daft cunt
>>
>>256329
he didn't try to "fuck up an officer"

he tried to be left alone inside his own home
>>
>>256148

The court should have given the Dead Black Mans family a bill to cover the expense of the trial, PD time and material (bullets) and pain and suffering of the officers.
>>
>>256341

The Dead Black Man was playing his (so called) music so loud the Police had to get involved.

Everyone else on his street was trying to be left alone.
>>
>>256345
what is due process.
>>
>>256148
This is an OUTRAGE!!!1! BLACK LIVES MATTER !1!1! They should have been awarded 10 times as much!
>>
>>256353

Due process is LOVE YOUR NEIGHBORS!

Dont bring DEGENERATE B.S. into a quiet and peaceful neighborhood..
>>
>>256357
>what is 40¢
Stupid ape got what he deserved.
Should have just cut that noise down and calmy talked to the cops.
>>
>>256370
lol fucking this, any normal person sees the cops come and they dont answer with a weapon, they turn down the music and they talk calmly
they dont do actions that "make them 99% responsible for their own death"
>>
It's not a crime to have a gun on you inside your own house. They invaded the guy's property and shot and killed him over a loud music complaint.

Playing music too loud is at most a fine not a death sentence. You people are disgusting.
>>
>>256380
were you there? do you know the exact events that occurred? did you watch the body cam footage, if there was any?
the jury of his peers found he was 99% responsible for his own death
and your just some asshole online that doesnt know the complete facts and are making a judgement.
ill take the juries decision over yours.
>>
>>256380

His behavior caused his death.
>>
>>256380

If anyone requests that you or I turn down the music you TURN DOWN THE MUSIC and apologize that someone had to ask you to turn it down.......
>>
>>256381
The events are pretty hard to fake, he was found dead inside his own garage which was shut. He died from gunshot wounds. I assume the garage door would have bullet holes to match the gunshot wounds. He had an unloaded gun in his back pocket which isn't even illegal if you're in your own house.

>the jury of his peers found he was 99% responsible for his own death
Bullshit, if they felt he was responsible for his own death they could have just given nothing at all. The jury went out of their way to give a joke settlement to hurt his family and send a message. They were obviously not capable of being impartial.
>>
>>256393

Messages are important.
>>
>>256398
The message was, "don't be a black man anywhere, even in your own house."
>>
>>256400

The message is:

You AINT above the law; so respect the POLICE or it will just get worse for you.
>>
When Police give a command it is not a suggestion. It is a command that needs to be OBEYED.
>>
>>256401
You forgot to throw in a "BOY" at the end there for good measure.
>>
>>256196
this is my complete asspull reconstitution because why not
>cops knock on your garage door
>you open it because ok why not maybe it's important, but just in case it's stupid kids you have your empty gun in your back pocket to scare them away
>it's cops asking you to kill the music because you're bothering the neighbors
>you reluctantly go to lower the volume, but they see your gun when you turn around and start flipping their shit yelling contradictory orders
>you go oh shit they're gonna shoot me and close the garage door before running away
>cops are in full shoot before getting shot mode, see whatever hallucinations their massive PTSD cause
>door closes, but you suck at running away so you still die

there's a 70% chance i'm fucking right and you know it
>>
>>256403

You should consider getting help.
>>
>>256402
It was a noise complaint, they can tell you to turn your music down and then if you don't comply they may have a reason to arrest you but you'll be let out of jail like the next day probably. Worst case you might be fined. The whole situation was pointlessly escalated.
>>
>>256404

Either way, he SHOULD NOT have need the police to ask him about his music.

The dead man should have LOVED his neighbors instead of HATING them.

Its REAL SIMPLE
>>
>>256406

He had no RESPECT for his neighbors, he had no respect for the POLICE.
>>
He had no RESPECT for his neighbors, he had no respect for the POLICE.

What do you think happened to his SOUL?

Heaven or Hell?
>>
>>256200
> but in this case it's more likely that he had a gun
Why? Because he was black?

According to the story, he closed the garage door, was shot once in the head and twice in the heart (execution style), and then miraculously had time to place the gun into his back pocket before he died?

Come on. If the police told you that he fell down an elevator shaft onto some bullets, would you believe that too?
>>
>>256419

His mistake was on the VOLUME KNOB of that Drake CD
>>
>>256196
Real talk, brandish doesn't actually mean hold. Pulling your jacket back to reveal your armed with a gun in your waistband is brandishing in the eyes of the law. As for it saying "refused to drop it", the newspaper is probably just fucking amateurs and didn't realise that it was supposed to be "remove"
>>
>>256419
Brandish, not weld
>>

>>
>>256423
You seem very mentally stable
You just don’t want cops to be held accountable for killing blacks
>>
>>256422
> He wasn't doing welding at the time
Well, that clears it all up then. Thank you for your comment.
>>
>>256421
There is no way a cop would tell a person to remove their own gun unless they wanted an excuse to shoot him. There are cops that have shot a drunk white people for reaching down to their shorts without even know if there was a gun.
>>
>>256427
well, you'd be wrong
>>
>>256408
>>256409
Your autism is showing. Stop RANDOMLY capitalizing WORDS for EMPHASIS.
>>
>>256421
> Pulling your jacket back to reveal your armed with a gun in your waistband
It wasn't in his waistband. The police claim that it was in his back pocket. How did the officer see it? Or did he remove it from his waistband and put it in his back pocket after he was shot 3 times?

> "refused to drop it"
> blame fake news
Ok, Trump.

If the garage door was closed when the officer fired, how did he know what the guy was doing inside the garage? X ray vision?

Most likely events:
> Noise complaint
> Police arrive, bang on garage door
> Man opens door
> "Police. Turn your music off"
> Man goes to turn music off
> Police spot bulge in back pocket
> "HE'S GOT A GUN"
Other deputy shouts "DROP YOUR WEAPON."
> Police draw weapons
> Man panics, closes garage door
> Police fire through door at guy's last location
> Guy doesn't have time to move, drops dead
> SWAT called, tear gas, snipers peer in garage window
> Yup, guy down
> Break into garage, or just open door
> Oh shit, it's another cell phone
> Deputy doesn't want to be charged, puts throwaway gun into man's back pocket
> Police restore order once again.

And people wonder why brothers run from cops
>>
>>256433
It's virtually standard procedure to check if someone's armed by telling them to raise their hands and turn around. Jesus christ
>>
>>256430

!s tH!S bETTER?

aRE yOU hAPPY w!!!!TH tH!S?
>>
>>256433

pOL!CE d!DNT kneed tO bE tHERE !N tHE f!RST pLACE........
>>
>>256435
> It's virtually standard procedure to check if someone's armed by telling them to raise their hands and turn around.
For a noise complaint?

And is it standard procedure also to use deadly force and fire blindly into a house with 3 children?

Or to use SWAT to enforce a noise complaint? Just out of curiosity, is the National Guard called out every time a black man has a tail light out?
>>
>>256199
That’s what’s I thought for a second but then I figured that if the cops were gonna plant a gun on him they’d put it in a Moreno incriminating position than his back pocket
>>
>>256196
>>256404
>>256427
>>256433
Wow, so basically he couldn't have won either way. He got shot because it was in his back pocket, and we all know what would have happened if he had taken out or tried to take the gun out of his back pocket to drop it.
>>
>>256494
technically, the only thing you can do to stay alive when that shit hits the fan is stay calm as fuck and not do any sudden moves, slowly drop to the ground (knee first, then lie prone), keep arms and legs nicely spread, and not do anything else (not even talking)
after a bit they'll understand that you don't mean any harm and come "disarm" you - might get tased preemptively a couple times, but that's better than a bullet right?
>>
>>256455
Cops are people too. People can be good or bad. We want to hold cops to better standards so they don't do things like that, but, alas, it's something that does happen.
>>
>>256506
>We want to hold cops to better standards so they don't do things like that,
Kinda have to otherwise the he said/she said makes a lot of cases fall apart. Never pay a ticket again just by denying it.
>>
Typical Lawyer Payment Scheme:

Loss = Fixed Amount $$$
Win = % of settlement $
>>
>>256148
>The officers exclaimed that the man had a gun, according to a lawsuit from Hill's family, and so the 30-year-old closed his door. Newman fired bullets through the garage door, hitting Hill once in the head and twice in the chest.

It’s hard to see how the cops can justify shooting thru the garage door unless the Black guy was already shooting at them and that apparently wasn’t the case.

On the other hand, that the jury only awarded the family $0.04 tells me the Black guy brought this on himself, as Blacks are wont to do in the hopes of hitting “Lawsuit Lotto”.
>>
>>256449
If they have reason to suspect he's armed, sure. And swat uses Frangible ammo that doesn't penetrate walls very well, it's safer then the 9mm regular police use, so yeah, it was safer. Deal wit it
>>
>>256353
A thing that happens once you're in the custody of the justice system or if you never stepped outside the law to begin with.
>>
>>256632
>If they have reason to suspect he's armed
exercising second amendment rights now ground for summary execution

as expected of principled conservatives
>>
>>256644
Yeah, and not being shot for closing your garage door. Assuming this guy is right >>256404, and there's a pretty good chance he is. The cops went way overboard discharging an entire magazine through the garage door. The guy had a gun in his back pocket, and not pointed at police, or in his hands. How was he any threat?

I find this all so fucking ironic because the same people who defend the police in this situation are the same who oppose any kind of gun control. Does a person's second amendment rights not matter when they're black, or playing loud music? Get fucking real. These cops should be imprisoned for manslaughter, and the family rightfully compensated
>>
>>256379
>drinking and having a gun in your own home is a crime punishable by death
Fucking bootlickers
>>
>>256435
Even if it is standard procedure, why would they lose their shit after seeing the man has a gun? He's in his own home, and within his rights to have a gun
>>
>>256645
Conservatives have a weird problem where they are both pro-gun and pro-police, so if the two issues butt heads then their worldview starts to contradict itself and they're forced to either pick a side or remain silent and pretend the conflict doesn't exist (sort of like how liberals are pro-feminism and pro-freedom of religion run into the problem known as conservative Islam). Hardliner second amendment guys will immediately yell "fuck the police" because they care way more about the 2A than cops, while hardliner law and order types will always make excuses for why it was okay for the cops to kill someone. On the other hand, you have groups like the NRA that are very carefully playing the political game, and won't say shit when a cop shoots a legally armed individual, because they don't want to make enemies with the pro-law enforcement groups (plus the NRA doesn't actually give a shit about individual gun owners, they just want to sell guns and make money) and thus pretend the conflict doesn't exist so long as it's politically convenient.

Then you have legit racists who are pro-2A until the gun owner is black, in which case they will side with the cops. To these idiots, a dead black man is worth pissing away all their rights.
>>
>>256570

I don't live in a shithole that requires the ownership of a gun
>>
>>256681
he obviously did something that made his peers believe he was responsible for his own death
>>
>>256683
Good post.
>>
>>256683
if it were a white guy that answered the door drunk with a gun and was found to be 99% responsible for his own death, it wouldnt even make the news and nobody here would be defending him
>>
>>256695
A white guy got shot for pulling up his shorts when the officer yelled confusing, and complicated orders. Shut up
>>
>>256687
Drinking in his own home? His peers are retarded
>>
>>256695
>>256700
This, but also whites get killed more than blacks. There's percentage issues, of course, but nothing baffles me more than white people who say that more whites get killed and then STILL apologize for the cops.
>>
>>256285
With a type-I vest you are, and most cops wear type-II. And if they aim for the head, well, you're not impervious to a knife or baseball bat or BB gun to the head but cops figure out how to handle suspects with those without calling it a "deadly weapon".

Also, I thought Florida had castle laws? If the argument for gun and lawful murder rights there is that your home is sacred, why isn't the NRA all over this?
>>
>>256704
>whites get killed more than blacks
Citation please. Fairly certain blacks are more prone to be murdered, even if, yes, blacks murder whites at some ungodly number of times the rate that whites murder blacks.
>>
>>256717
>why isn't the NRA all over this?

The NRA represents American gun manufactures first and foremost, and one of the biggest purchasers of guns is law enforcement. Their regular members are also often part of law enforcement or are in favor of strong law enforcement. Due to these factors the NRA will not pick a fight with the police when they can avoid it. They didn't speak up the last time someone was killed while legally carrying, they won't do so this time, and they won't do so in the future.

>>256718
Based on the reply chain, I think he's talking about cops shooting people, not interracial shootings in general. A majority of people shot by cops are white, though when adjusted for demographics black people are shot by cops more frequently.

If he isn't talking about police shootings, in terms of interracial crime, a majority of white murders are by other white people, a majority of black murders are by other black people, and so on for pretty much every racial group. Interracial murders are actually pretty rare compared to same-race murders, and even given the high rate of blacks killing whites compared to other interracial crimes it still barely a blip compared to whites killing whites and blacks killing blacks.
>>
>>256718
>>256731
Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified. I was talking about cops shooting people specifically. This article does a good job of covering it: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do-police-kill-more-whites-than-black-people/
The final statistics show that white people get shot more because there are more white people in America than black people, so that's just raw numbers, but according to percentages isolated by race, blacks are more likely to be shot by police.
>>
Just four cents? I would have thought they would have atleast gotten about tree fiddy.
>>
>>256777
>determined he had his hand on his gun. Cop was justified.
and then after shooting at him through a closed door and calling swat for backup
>Hill was found dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket.
i'm sure i'd waste my final moments carefully putting my fucking gun in my back pocket before biting it
cop was flipping out and shot first, end of story
>>
>>256756
Not really there was a 2016 headed by a black guy showing that this wasn't the case. I'll try to find it.
>>
>>256756
>>256806

Here

https://www.google.fr/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.amp.html
>>
>>256433
>most likely events

smdh
>>
>>256329
What a retarded fucking response. Do brainlets like this really walk amonst us? Holy fuck I bet you have a drivers license too. Terrifying.
>>
>>256384
Hahahaha... try and make me, fatboy
>>
>>256407
Lol, have fun dying 40 years before everybody else on this website, shitforbrains.
>>
>>256454
He didn't threaten anybody and you didn't answer the second question, bootlicker.
>>
>>256807
Thank you, I had no idea there was such a study.
>>
>>256910
>illegal firearm
Literally fake news.
>>
He got shot cause hes black. They barely gave them anything cause its all racists.
>>
>>256382
Nah I'm pretty sure the cop shooting him caused the death
>>
I have to hang it to black lives matter they have been able to enable their lies pretty long.
>>
>>257110
He got shot because he's a viral
Criminal.
>>
>>256680
>does a person's second amendment rights not matter if they're black
This is literally what conservatives believe
>>
>>256401
>playing loud music in your home is punishable by death
>>
>>256910
Literally his only "crime" was loud noise. His gun was in his back pocket in his own home. But we all know that you're just an edgy /pol/ shitposter.
>>
All this could be reduced by a lot of the us started properly training their police officers. Almost every country in the world trains their officers to try and disable a perp, but in the us they are told to aim at center mass and head, they are literally trained to kill. There is still almost no psychological training for officers upside of the major cities. The "us vs them"mentality keeps getting reinforced, not only in the media, but also in the actual police training. Instead of being your friends and helpers police are trained to fight a "war"on crime only escalating everything for decades
>>
>>256197
If he was white i would have never have heard about it.
Not sure why they bothered with any fine for the police at all, 4 cents is just insulting.
>>
>>257236
It does if police fails to identify themselves afaik
>>
>>257243
I agree, just the idea of castle doctrine during police raid I thought was humorous
>>
>>257174
No you moron he was resisting the cops.
>>
>>257172
>Resist and attack cops get shot
>>
>>257170
Not if they resist the cops.
>>
>>257252
>>257250
>>257254
>Resisting
By closing his garage door because the cops lost their shit, and scared the guy shitless? His firearm was in his back pocket when he was found dead. He clearly didn't brandish it, since the cops wouldn't have been able to see it. So, I have no idea how you are defending the cops here
>>
>>256379
He was drunk you cunt. You don't think straight under the influence
>>
>>257431
>He was drunk you cunt. You don't think straight under the influence
this is no excuse for any crime, dipshit.
you take responsibility for your actions, drunk or not under the law
>>
>>256170

The judge was fucking juvenile and should be fired for offering such a petty amount, it would have been more respectful to offer nothing and to leave it inconclusive than to offer 4 cents which is a slap in the face. When a family member dies, the family is usually overwhelmed with emotions and will probably go against all logic to sue or seek justice (but in this case it was pretty reasonable), so even if the dad was completely and utterly wrong it is very stupid and disrespectful to offer 4 cents. I can't believe the united states legal system literally just a big joke where they waste tax payers money mocking people.

They should change their goal to getting the judge fired, than to receive compensation (though he's probably a boomer fuck ready to retire and doesn't give a fuck about ruining anyone's lives).
>>
>>256148
That is INSANE.

NO ONE should get shot THROUGH THEIR OWN DOOR over a noise complaint.

This is shame on all of America. We don't know what Freedom is anymore. We don't know what Justice is anymore. We don't uphold it. Those who should uphold the law practice lawlessness. Wicked and irrational men are our judges and jurors. It is madness. If this trend continues, surely our nation will fall from power, for righteousness exalts a nation, and sin is a reproach to any people.

Yet God has seen what was done to these people. He is a righteous judge. Florida and America must cleanse themselves or they will face judgement from God.
>>
>>256176
That is standard news language. The Orlando Sentinel covered it as well.
>>
>>257717
>be nigger
>exercise lawful second amendment rights
>close door in front of cops
>get shot
>>
>>257718
i'm sure the cop should have risked his life against a drunk and armed person instead. Nigga, i would have done the same thing and risked losing my job than dying.

You don't close the door on law face, either obey or suffer the consequences.
>>
>>257745
>i'm sure the cop should have risked his life against a drunk and armed person instead.
they literally could have left and gone home having suffered from nothing more than excessively loud music

>obey or suffer the consequences
summary execution now recommended punishment for disobeying authority

transformation of 4chan into bootlicker central now complete
>>
>>257745
The cops clearly overreacted. The man didn't "brandish" any fucking gun, and the police had no reason to be afraid of a handgun that was in his back pocket
>>257432
What was his crime? Being loud? Having a gun in his own home? The police overreacted
>>
>>257745

>either obey or suffer the consequences

Yes, you better turn down that music or we'll shoot you, tear gas your entire house, and then call in SWAT complete with snipers. Come on... officers with nervous trigger fingers is one thing, but itchy tear gas grenade pin pulls and a SWAT team called in?

The ease with which we turn to praising authoritarianism is depressing. Where if someone's 'crime' is not following the law to the letter, even over a minor issue (it was fucking loud music), it's fine, even commendable for officers of the law to kill civilians when they don't do exactly what the cops say, when they say it, because they panic or do something dumb. I guarantee most of us are likely to panic or do something fucking stupid if a couple of guys come at us shouting and pointing guns at us, even when sober, let alone drunk.

Police officers should be held to a HIGHER standard then civliians. Mag-dumping at the first sign of things not going the way they went at the academy is not upholding the law. Their first response should have been to get to cover when the garage door closed, call for backup, and then command over the loudspeaker that the man come out. If he was obviously drunk as they claim, then of COURSE he's going to do something stupid. The story says nothing about brandishing, it says 'he had a gun'. That could mean they found one in the garage after the fact.

The jury's response is just absolutely disgusting. Why spit on the family in such a malicious way? Regardless of what the man did or didn't do, they just lost their goddam husband/father. It's not like they were in the garage egging the man on or threatening the cops. No matter what your stupid fucking opinions are the LAW that you are claiming everyone should follow does not allow judgement or execution of individuals by police. In fact, that is AGAINST the law.

>>257717
>actual possesion of a gun is bad or abnormal in U.S.

When did /pol/ start siding with the gun grabbers?
>>
>>256148
>Newman fired bullets through the garage door, hitting Hill once in the head and twice in the chest.

Fucking John wick over here. Or x-ray vision
>>
>>257345
Im sure he had time to put said gun in his back pocket after closing the door.
>>
>>256148
>CNN
I found your problem.
>>
>>257794
Yeah what this guy said. There was no good reason for them to kill this guy.
>>
>>257802
Really? You have any proof of this assertion?
>>
>>256160
How is he a violent psychopathic thug?!
>>
>>256197
>If the man was white, you would be screaming Waco, Part II.
So, indifference? You know no one gives a shit about Waco anymore, right?
>>
>>256148
Unironically white and based
>>
>>256419
>(execution style)
Fucking lel
>>
>>256423
>drake
His mistake was his selection of ""artist""""". The police correctly identified him as a criminal based on that choice.
>>
>>257802
I'd like to see you do it with 1 bullet in your head and 2 in your chest, bootlicker.
90% of cops have the intelligence and temperament of a braindamged chimp.
>>
Too much in my opinion.
>>
>>256419
>he closed the garage door
>was shot once in the head and twice in the heart
>((execution style))
lol thats some expert fucking marksmanship to ((execution style)) someone thru a closed door
>he fell down an elevator shaft onto some bullets
nice reference to Mystery Men, ive seen that movie too, its pretty funny
>>
>>257929
>90% of cops have the intelligence and temperament of a braindamged chimp.
then why arent we using them to test cosmetics?
>>
>>257933
they keeping shooting the temps we use to smear the stuff on them
monkeys proved more amicable
>>
>>257852
>responds to basic reasonable requests to turn down his shitty, ear-splitting music by brandishing a weapon and making threats
Dont forget he was black, too, so there's really no possibility he wasnt a violent psychopath.
>>
>>257941
how exactly did he go from
>brandishing a weapon
to
>found dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket.
getting shot thrice through a door doesn't usually have that kind of fine motor control
>>
>was shot once in the head and twice in the heart
the often underappreciated djibouti shooty
>>
>>256148
What the fuck is wrong with that dog in the third row on the far right?
>>
>>256345
He's allowed to play music in his own home.
>>256368
>reee degeneracy!!!
>>256401
You're psychotic.
>>
>>256401
forgive the cliche but you are a bootlicking faggot
>>
>>256421
>Pulling your jacket back to reveal your armed with a gun in your waistband is brandishing in the eyes of the law
no it's not you dickhead, shut up
>>
>>258068
(4) For purposes of this subsection, the term “brandish” means, with respect to a firearm, to display all or part of the firearm, or otherwise make the presence of the firearm known to another person, in order to intimidate that person, regardless of whether the firearm is directly visible to that person
>>
>>258070
so he literally just turned around and brandished the shit out of his gun
plus some plumber's crack probably

that's when the poor drunk knew
he fucked up
>>
If a cop knocked on your door and told you “dead man says ‘what?’” real fast, and you said “what?”, is the cop entitled to shoot you?
>>
Racist cops racist neighbor racist jury.
>>
>>256210
I don't know what the law is in the US, but here a citizen can use all reasonable force to defend their life, and the lives of friends and family, against anyone threatening them. If the same rule applies in USA, and if Hill in fact WAS "waving a gun around", the officer was justified in firing first.
>>
>>256149
Was this whole encounter recorded with body cam?

Was Hill aware that the persons knocking on his garage door were police officers?

Was Hill holding a firearm when he opened the door?

Upon seeing the officers, Hill had an important life decision to make:
A) drop his gun and put up his hands and surrender immediately.
B) close the door.

I am assuming he chose B) because he was intoxicated.

Now the officer had a split-second to consider his situation: What if Hill decided to C) fire his gun from inside the garage at the officer outside?

I don't think the officer's decision to fire through the door after it was closed was the best possible either; him and his partner could have backed off and radioed for SWAT first. But there might not have been enough time. Hill could have killed the officer in one second.
>>
>>258387
It depends. Is this in America or a first world country?
>>
>>258389
Lol always crying racism
>>
someone having a gun(being drunk at that) being told by cop to maybe to freezes and he(being drunk) close the door on them. What would you do? (ps. was the cops white?)
>>
>>258898
If they had time to pull out their guns and shoot through the garage door several times then they had time to fucking sidestep 5 feet to take the odds of the man shooting through the garage door down from .005% to 0%
>>
Easy fix make it a law that cops in America can not fire unless fired upon. We will never have this issue again of cops shooting people with empty guns or reaching for a cell phone, or pulling up there pants.
>>
>>259111
That's a pretty retarded law.
Are you a politician?
>>
>>259126
It'd at least make "Protect and Serve" mean what it says.

Granted, I suspect you'd quickly find you have difficulty finding cops to hire in shit hoods.

This policy of shoot to kill by default has gotta go though. Cops shouldn't be penalized for shooting an arm or leg, and shouldn't need to fill out the same amount of paperwork for using non-lethal force.
>>
>>259072
fair enough, i assumed they already had their guns drawn when they knocked on the door.
Without the bodycam footage, it is pointless for me to speculate further. Presumably the jury saw the footage, and decided Hill was responsible for his own death.

Are police bodycam videos available to the public after conclusion of the trial?
>>
>>256680
The people who oppose gun control are the ones that have a balanced view on what is right and what is wrong.
You think we're happy about the Feds encroaching on everything, cops that don't know what laws they can enforce, ATF shooting dogs, and burning people to death?
>>
>>259237
I don't think those two are mutually exclusive, but in the golden age of identity politics, it's hard to find ground for reasonable argument. Americans have never been ones for nuance.
>>
ofta i loled.
>>
>>259111
Despite your digits I think you'd have an easier time abolishing police entirely and handing over all equipment to the NSA.
>>
death to america
filthy hypocrite nation of fake christianity
>>
We used to have the constitutional right to express disrespect toward the government.
>>
>>256148
well he had a fucking handgun, gun kills people. police told him to drop it, he didnt.

what kind of sick motherfucking stupid ass bitch wants a money back from that anyway? be glad you even got the 4 cents, if it was up to me i´d sue the whole family for not taking away the handgun in the first place

It´s not wrongful when you don´t obey the law, no matter and only the girl he fucked seems to disagree out of moral reasons like my husband is above the law. Putting your dick in things doesnt give you privilege to be above law
>>
>>260873
>It´s not wrongful when you don´t obey the law
why people keep trotting out the novel theory that all legal infractions should be eligible for the death penalty is beyond me
>>
>>260873
>dropping a handgun that is on your back pocket
So your idea is to have him reach for it then drop it?
>>
>>260999
and since it was still nicely in his pocket, he couldn't even reach for it before dying like a dog
>>
>>261133
>>256645
>>
>>256199

This, this & this.

Cops and niggers are 100% the same thing, regardless of skin color.

To believe that one is better than the other is a mistake.
>>
>>256208
I had Offer Schmitt, of the LAPD pull a knife out of his glove box, dropped it on the seat against my leg, and he told me that if I gave him any trouble he would shoot me and say I had that knife... so, yes, they do that sometimes.

(Officer Schmitt was angry because he had to transport me to hq and miss a dinner date he had).

I was released and never prosecuted for a crime.
>>
>>256148
Please tell me this is fake. Why even bother awarding such a small amount? Just tell the family that the slain was responsible for his own death and give them nothing. I would rather that than 4 dollars.
>>
>>256227
People are allowed to be drunk, play loud music and be armed in their own homes, but not at the same time.

Never mix fire arms and drugs including alcohol. A simpleton knows that.
>>
>>256231
Bullets hurt regardless of the caliber.
>>
>>256402
This. If you feel the command violated your rights, then speak a lawyer specifically for that rights violation after you are released—don’t argue and fight with LEO.
>>
>>262162
>OBEY OR DIE
>>
The bootlickers in this thread, smh
>>
>>262186
It’s not about boot licking. It’s about deescalating a situation your in. Right or wrong, jumping up and down screaming at a cop on the side of a road or at your garage door isn’t going to be the best case situation for anyone involved.
>>
>>262085
>4 dollars.
you're 100x too high
>>
>>262085
To send a message.
>>
>>262195
The only people screaming in this situation were the cops. The guy was found dead with an unloaded revolver in his BACK pocket. Tell me how he "brandished" his firearm, and why the family deserves only 4 cents each as compensation
>>
>>262195
There’s no evidence (not even the word of the cops) that this guy was jumping and screaming but okay.

It’s funny how random civilians, especially intoxicated ones, are held to a higher standard when it comes to deescalating a situation and being calm, brave and logical in the face of a gun than our “trained” police officers are.
>>
>>262443
>4 cents each
you're still 4 times too high
>>
>>260552
DEATH TO ALL FANATICS!!
>>
>>263395
DEATH TO ALL!!!!!
>>
>>264035
DEATH!!!
>>
I hate USA so fucking much
>>
>>259126
It's basically the law in Germany and at least here it works wonders. America is different soil but it makes me think if people knew that cops wouldn't shoot first wouldn't they be less likely to open up themselfes? I mean what is the point of being a cop killer. Even the most deranged idiot must understand that this is a death sentence.
>>
>>262162
A lawyer is expensive and one that would actually achieve something basically unaffordable.
>>
>>264541
People here act like the American streets are a war zone and cops are always an inch away from death. Just look at how people justify the Phillandro Castile shooting. They act like it was likely at all he was planning on shooting a cop with his wife and kid in the car, while he had no warrant for his arrest, was not in the process of committing a crime, and informed the officer beforehand of his legally purchased and carried gun. They think the American public (Black people, mainly) are such violent savages that they’ll publicly execute poor wittle powice officers even when it provides exactly zero benefit to them and endangers their loved ones.
>>
>>264586
Black areas are war zones. Look at the stats. Blacks are never to be trusted. Whites who do end up dead. Just the facts.
>>
>>256148
>Jury gives 4 cents to family
4 cents too may
>>
>>264541
>I mean what is the point of being a cop killer
mate I don't think these people are conducting thorough risk assessments or thinking these things through.
>>
>>264541
I doubt that this is actually the law in germany. Please produce the actual legislation that says "you cannot fire unless fired upon" or similar.

That doesn't sound reasonable at all.

In Australia use of force laws never mention firearms. It's all about proportionate and reasonable force.
Death/grievous bodily harm is justified in situations where a fear of death or grievous is perceived and would be perceived by a reasonable person.
For all people, not just police.
>>
>>264586
>no warrant for his arrest, was not in the process of committing a crime, and informed the officer beforehand of his legally purchased and carried gun. They think the American public (Black people, mainly) are such violent savages that they’ll publicly execute
none of that matters. Police in America aren't shooting people as a penalty and probably not even to apprehend people, but to stop a threat.
That's the only way to justify lawful deadly force in my country.
If they didn't present the threat, if they just did what they were told, there would have been no issues.
>>
>>256148
So if he was brandishing the pistol and refused to drop it, why was it found in his back pocket?
>>
>>265647
>none of the stuff that indicates he wasn't a threat matters. He was a threat!
>if they just did what they were told
He did what he was told and was murdered anyway
>>
>>265647
In many of the cases, when you watch the video of the incident, it seems it was literally impossible to survive if the killed listened to the police. The cops were too emotional, scared, inconsistent with their requests, and trigger happy.

The only way for a person to survive is to raise their arms into the air, never putting them down, and calmly request for a police officer to tase him until he is incapacitated.
>>
>>265656
In his dying breath he put the previously loaded and chambered pistol into his back pocket and thought "I'm bout to get paid when da media find out bout dis"
>>
>>265695
>>265706
>>265690
>>265645
>>265641
>>264035
>>262443
>>262195
https://is3.4chan.org/gif/1530365750504.webm
>>
>>262505
This. Seen a video the other day of a cop shooting a little dog inside a house filled with kids because it barked at him. Cops are some of the biggest pussies on earth.
>>
>>256149
>Hill's fiancee said she isn't going to rest until she feels justice is served.
>Hill's fiancee said she isn't going to rest until she gets paid.
They already granted them a "win". She just wants money
>>
>>265730
What a scumbag for wanting financial restitution for her husband and the father of her children being brutally murdered by the state. It’s not like she has any mouths to feed, or lost a source of income or has any funeral expenses, or heck, might want to buy a little something nice to take her mind off of the fact that the love of her life was unceremoniously ripped away from her. It’s just pure greed, I tell ya.
>>
>>265784
>It's not like she lost a source of income
Well... It's quite possible the four cents was the only income he had made
>>
>>258011
its edible
>>
>>256433
> Deputy doesn't want to be charged, puts throwaway gun into man's back pocket
PURE AUTISM, do you really believe the family wouldn't jump on the occasion to tell the press that he didn't own the gun?
>>
>>256149
>fiancee
So they weren't wed? That would weaken her case quite a bit, while also making the pits heroes for saving Tyrone from the living hell of being a negro stepdad.
>>
>>256780
Thank you.
>>256407
Why don't you love your neighbours(and their shitty music) and forgive their offenses?
>>
>>265646
The German law states you have to use the least possible force you could conceive to prevent the potential harm you perceived, I can't find stuff explicitly about firearms except recertification and psychological evaluation after a shooting etc.
>>
>>267882
as all the others, mind you
>>
>>256404
>you go oh shit they're gonna shoot me and close the garage door before running away
wrong. this attitude is 100% the reason why he got shot.
>>
>>268136
"bad attitude" to join gun ownership and running away on list of offenses punishable by summary execution
>>
>>268136
If he thought that the cops were gonna shoot him then I'd say his gut feeling was pretty accurate considering you know... they shot him.
>>
>>257458
A jury is not a judge my dude.
>>
So many rednecks with double standards in this thread. Just say you want black people dead for no reason. Just admit you're bad evil people. Simple as that.
>>
>>265935
Nice bait retard
>>
>>256148
I would have made it 3/5 of a cent for them.
>>
>>268136
well no shit, the whole point was explaining how he got killed with a closed door and an empty gun in his backpocket
also a total asspull, but i still stand by it
if anything your opinion only makes the % better than my estimated 70
>>
Why did the police shoot through the door? What was the need?
>>
>>256433
Blacks run from cops because they are cowards and impulsive buffoons.
>>
>>268375
That actually makes cents
>>
>>256380
If you brandish a gun at a fucking cop, you deserve to be shot for being so fucking stupid. It doesn’t matter if he was on his property
>>
>>256207
It does when the lawful order is to drop your weapon in the presence of an LEO.
>>
>>268142

Comply with LEO.
>>
>>269117
imagine a world in which americans cheerlead the notion that not submitting to authority should be a summary capital offense
>>
>>269117
>>269091
>>269111
>Court documents allege Hill was found dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket.
>>
lol
>>
>>256438
You are stupid
>>
>>269262
we also saw earlier in the thread that the legal definition of 'brandishing a gun' is retarded (see >>258070 ) - he just had to turn around to brandish it because of course cops will feel intimidated by an empty peashooter in a drunkard's back pocket.

now one of the cops definitely said "drop the gun" while the other probably said "freeze" and now the dude has two angry paranoid cops with their gun out and no way to "comply with LEO" as faggot prime over there is gently insisting upon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.