[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/news/ - Current News


Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 48 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]


The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!




File: what is this i dont.jpg (124 KB, 726x1040)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
https://news.avclub.com/taylor-swift-comes-out-in-support-of-democrats-breakin-1829597483

Taylor Swift is a modern pop icon, but, in a social and political climate that expects its celebrities to wield their massive influence with care, she’s been criticized for prioritizing glamour pics of her lavish lifestyle over any kind of opinion on the issues currently afflicting the country. It’s not that fans want Swift’s take on Trump so much as they do a proclamation that she, unlike a particular subset of the country, stands by the kinds of basic human rights the administration doesn’t. Of course, that silence has led to 4chan trolls and assorted to neo-Nazis to maintain that, secretly, Swift is one of them.

Oh, then what a disappointment it was for them when, last night, Swift took to her Instagram to endorse Phil Bredesen, the Democrat running for the U.S. Senate in her home state of Tennessee. In the process, she took several shots at his Republican opponent, Marsha Blackburn.

“In the past I’ve been reluctant to publicly voice my political opinions,” she wrote, “but due to several events in my life and in the world in the past two years, I feel very differently about that now.”

She continued, “I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country. I believe in the fight for LGBTQ rights, and that any form of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender is WRONG. I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent. I cannot vote for someone who will not be willing to fight for dignity for ALL Americans, no matter their skin color, gender or who they love.”
>>
>>299132
As such, she wrote, she “cannot support Marsha Blackburn,” saying “her voting record in Congress appalls and terrifies me.”

Bredesen expressed his thanks on Twitter. “Thank you for the kind words @taylorswift13,” he tweeted. “I’m honored to have your support and that of so many Tennesseans who are ready to put aside the partisan shouting and get things done. We’re ready for it. Last day to register to vote is October 9.”

As The Daily Beast reports, the trolls are crestfallen. “It was good while it lasted, mates,” wrote one. Another posted an image of a picture of Swift aflame, while another said Swift’s endorsement had cost him his “last additional bit of hope,” causing us to wonder how, exactly, one’s entire well-being could apparently rest on the belief that a pop star might be racist.

Fox News, meanwhile, is scrambling. Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk—a man best known for wearing a diaper—swung by the network to push what seems to be the right-wing narrative for Swift’s post, which is that, actually, she didn’t write it.

“I don’t think she’s the only one that wrote that post on Instagram,” he claimed. “She probably got some very bad information.”

His apparent source? 4chan, of course! “All PR nonsense,” they claim, citing the post as a means to “get the jew media off her back.”
>>
Not only did she break /pol/'s heart, but she helped register 65,000 new democratic voters in a single day.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/09/voter-registrations-skyrocket-after-taylor-swift-instagram-post.html

I'd post the conservative butthurt aftermath, but that's from a shareblue article and it would be mass reported by /pol/.
So when are Republicans going to start burning their Taylor Swift stuff? They sure like burning things.
>>
And the those still clinging to false hope that it wasn't actually Swift who made the post.
They just got their skulls kicked in on national TV.
https://pagesix.com/2018/10/10/taylor-swift-encourages-crowd-to-get-out-and-vote-at-amas/
>>
>>299137
>>299138
sounds like NPC theory at work, tbqh
>>
>>299143
>NPC
Take your latest reddit forced meme back there.
>>
>>299137
>even believing for a moment shareblue provides factual information
>>
>>299151
The conservative media movement is still aching from the development.

Turning Point USA Executive Director Charlie Kirk seemed to be especially crushed by Swift’s endorsement, taking to Twitter for an extended public meltdown on the subject, claiming the global superstar had “no idea” of what she was talking about.

He then continued his whining on Fox News and Fox Businesses, where he bitterly denounced the singer as a know-nothing charlatan.

For some strange reason, white nationalists had convinced themselves Swift was secretly one of them.

“Users on 4chan, the online message board popular with the white supremacists and white nationalists who make up the alt-right, had long used Swift’s silence about politics to push a baseless theory that she was secretly a white supremacist, hailing the blond-haired, blue-eyed pop star as ‘the Aryan princess,'” Business Insider notes.

The National Republican Senate committee also felt the wound acutely, and lashed out on Twitter.

>NRSC press release: "If you haven’t heard, multimillionaire pop star Taylor Swift came down from her ivory tower to tell hardworking Tennesseans to vote for Phil Bredesen."
>>
I guess I missed the meme here, didn't realize anyone cared about her opinions.
>>
>>299154
>4chan, the online message board popular with the white supremacists and white nationalists who make up the alt-right
I miss when this wasn't what people thought of when they saw 4chan. Why can't we go back to the /b/ days?
>>
>>299132
>a proclamation that she, unlike a particular subset of the country, stands by the kinds of basic human rights the administration doesn’t.
so, what terrifying human rights violations have the Trumpians done this time? Hurt leftist fee fees on Twitter?
>>
>>299175
Figure it out, genius.
>>
>>299178
I'm sorry. Are you going to sue me over a human rights violation?
>>
>>299180
Are you making 2 year olds represent themselves as adults in immigration court like the Trump administration is doing?
>>
>>299182
Are you warping and twisting a fact to fit your ideological world view?

>Upon being separated from their parents, children are officially designated “unaccompanied alien children” by the US government — a category that typically describes people under the age of 18 who come to the US without an adult relative arriving with them.
https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17443198/children-immigrant-families-separated-parents
>>
>>299187
No.
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/27/immigrant-toddlers-ordered-appear-court-alone/

>As the White House faces court orders to reunite families separated at the border, immigrant children as young as 3 are being ordered into court for their own deportation proceedings, according to attorneys in Texas, California and Washington, D.C.

>Requiring unaccompanied minors to go through deportation alone is not a new practice. But in the wake of the Trump administration’s controversial family separation policy, more young children — including toddlers — are being affected than in the past.

>The 2,000-plus separated children will likely need to deal with court proceedings even as they grapple with the ongoing trauma of being taken from their parents.

>“We were representing a 3-year-old in court recently who had been separated from the parents. And the child — in the middle of the hearing — started climbing up on the table,” said Lindsay Toczylowski, executive director of Immigrant Defenders Law Center in Los Angeles. “It really highlighted the absurdity of what we’re doing with these kids.”
>>
>>299164
Yeah, it really makes you line for the exploding van days when everyone thought we were dangerous hackers or the Guy Fawkes days when everyone thought we were retarded.
>>
How does encouraging people to vote translate to backing Democrats?
>>
>>299196
She actually endorsed a Democratic candidate and implied the Republicans are racist, sexist, and homophobic. Not that I disagree with her but that's what they're crying about I think.

The Democratic party is the larger of the two parties by quite a wide margin but it has a less stable voter base that tends to sit out elections.
>>
>>299132
>breaking 4chan's heart
no one gives a shit
>>
>>299202
Recent polls put self-identification for either party at around 26%.
>>
>>299155
Why 4chan specifically even?
>>
I dont care if you vote left or right, but with all of the stuff going on in the country and all of the major issues and political events, if the thing that gets you motivated to vote; the only thing that is able to push you over the line and take action is a pop star..
you shouldnt be voting
>>
>>299132
>taylor-swift-comes-out-in-support-of-democrats

Good.
>>
>>299193
#Kill/Pol/
>>
>>299193
>>299284
>hiroshimoot catalogues every unique IP in /pol/ over the course of a couple weeks or so
>suddenly permabans everyone who posted on /pol/
>deletes the board
Why can't it happen bros?
>>
>>299154
>Users on 4chan, the online message board popular with the white supremacists and white nationalists who make up the alt-right

Kind of sad our site is known for having so many white supremacist inbreds.

Maybe if the mods actually enforced the global rule that explicitly states racism is not allowed, we wouldn't have that problem.

Everyday I feel more and more guilty about visiting this cesspool that's void of any morality. If Reddit was an anonymous board, I would have migrated there long ago.
>>
>>299270
> pop star tells you to vote
> you shouldn't be voting
> reality tv star tells you to vote
> Line 'em up at dem polls

/pol/cons seem to conveniently forget that Reagan was a movie actor before he was elected. Other than Lincoln, he was the best President the Republicans had.

> Inb4 Rutherford B. Hayes
>>
>>299292
The problem is /pol/ is the most active board on 4chan now, and Hiro's taking full advantage of all the phoneposting newfags with his malware ads and mining programs. (These days if 4chan breaks, it's because he's trying to insert a new miner that messes with site's functions.)
So they are his main money maker for the site and he's not going to crack down on them regardless of the damage they cause here.
It's also why you're seeing a farther and farther slant to the right in moderation.

The only thing that might save 4chan from the cancer it is now is a real life political shift in power where everyone who /pol/ supports loses. And that assumes they don't dig in and use places like /pol/ as their last stand.
>>
>>299299
>The only thing that might save 4chan from the cancer it is now is a real life political shift in power where everyone who /pol/ supports loses
I think this is already happening actually. The populist left wave is now. They support policies that the majority of Americans support (Medicare for all, free college, gays are okay, end the wars, get money out of politics, etc.) so if the will of the people was actually represented well we'd probably already have those policies. But uncorrupted populist left candidates are held back by their permanent monetary disadvantage, since the good ones don't take corporate money.
>>
>>299296
>Reagan
>Good
Pick one.
He was a precursor to the cancer that Republican party is today where they believe their are ordained by God to governor and any Democrat who wins the presidency must be removed at any cost while the ends always justify the means when it comes to winning elections.

Also, let's cut the crap, this isn't the party of Lincoln anymore and Republicans shouldn't be . You have Republican candidate right now running for governor who is on record with justifying slavery and saying the 3/5th's compromise was a way to empower African Americans and an anti slavery move. Seriously, look up Ron DeSantis and judge for yourself if he's a racist and then realize, there's a good chance he'll still win.
>>
Swift is from Pennsylvania not the south
>>
>>299154
Carpetbagger from Pennsylvania
Yankee in Tennessee influencing the vote
Rebel Yell
>>
>>299132
4chan isn't a Republican site
>>
>>299329
Tell that to /pol/ seeing as they're a 24/7 shill machine for them.
>>
>>299308
yeah, all republicans are nazis
>>
>>299346
They certainly have a REALLY hard time condemning them these days.
>>
>>299346
Hmm, is that what you think he said? You see, I went back and read through the post you responded to, and guess what? He didn't fucking say that. No one has said that. No one believes that. You're a useless, detestable piece of strawmanning shit.
>>
>>299349
most republicans do condemn nazis. if someone is one. more often than not someone gets called a nazi for little/no reason
>>
>>299308
>look up Ron DeSantis
i did, on wikipedia and read through it:
>his opponent, Gillum, is African-American.
explains it all. all DeSantis literally has to do is say his opponent makes bad choices and it will be spun as a racist comment
>>
>>299308
>>299354
nothing I read about DeSantis on Wikipedia suggested the man was racist, except for:
>DeSantis said: "The last thing we need to do is to monkey this up by trying to embrace a socialist agenda with huge tax increases and bankrupting the state. That is not going to work. That's not going to be good for Florida."
>DeSantis was accused of using the word "monkey" as a racist dog whistle; his opponent, Gillum, is African-American.
I will repeat that:
>The last thing we need to do is to monkey this up
>DeSantis was accused of using the word "monkey" as a racist dog whistle
This is how completely retarded most lefties are now. You use a common figure of speech and it is taken racially when it clearly did not have and racist overtones, just to assassinate ones political character.
get fucked anon
>>
>>299353
>most
Well when push came to shove, they sure did a weird way of showing it.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/04/03/tennessee-resolution-denounce-neo-nazi-white-nationalists-failed-twice/483759002/

>>299354
>Saying the 3/5th compromise was good for African Americans and an anti slavery move
>Justified slavery
>Keeps getting caught up in racial situtions
>'Hur his opponent is black so it's just the race card!'
The blinders are strong with you.
>>
>>299355
Cherry picking this hard.
https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/floridas-ron-desantis-wrote-book-excusing-slavery-10809091
https://www.alternet.org/election-03918/ron-desantis-book-thurgood-marshall-founding-fathers-slavery
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ron-desantis-book-its-unfair-to-blame-founding-fathers-for-allowing-slavery
>>
>>299356
Do you even understand the 3/5 compromise?
It was better for slaves than no compromise at all and the South fought not to have it
So He's right.
>>
>>299362
No, it's not because a slave still doesn't get representation or any influence.It's only to give their white owners more power. So no, it's a pro-slavery move and you're as big an idiot for defending it.
>>
>>299356
Your article is not about desantis, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>299364
>Delegates opposed to slavery proposed that only free inhabitants of each state be counted for apportionment purposes, while delegates supportive of slavery, on the other hand, opposed the proposal, wanting slaves to count in their actual numbers
So you're either saying that The South was right and there should have been no compromise and slaves should have been counted as a full person towards their Congressional seating
or are you saying that they were simply property and shouldn't have been counted at all
>>
>>299365
>He thinks every point is towards the same thing.
Dumbass
>>
>>299366
>Trying to deflect.
The real question about the 3/5th's compromise is 'was it fair to African Americans and slaves'? Unless you're a racist or slave apologist like DeSantis, the answer is clearly no. It was not fair to African Americans because they were still slaves and the 'comprise' gave them no political influence.
>>
>>299368
So the bill was shot down because they didn't want to consider white power organizations domestic terrorists.
News flash, their not. Neither are black power organizations or Chicano power organizations.
All of these organizations are generally just filled with bigots, and only a few from any of them commit crimes for political goals
>>
>>299308
I would put that on Newt Gingrich. Reagan was famously amicable. He may not have had the best economic ideas but at least he was personable.

It was Gingrich who made the word Democrat a slur.
>>
>>299366
Slaves counting towards congressional seating doesn't mean they suddenly have the right to vote (or count as a real person and not considered property), nor does it mean the representative elected to that seat will give a shit about the plight of slaves (since they cannot vote). In essence counting slaves as population without giving them the right to vote simply pads the power of slave states (and slave owners) in the House. allowing them to push pro-slavery laws (preventing free states from automatically freeing escaped slaves that made it on their soil).

Conversely, not counting slaves as population gives proportionally more seats to free states which were more likely to support abolitionist measures (such as automatically freeing escaped slaves if they crossed into a free state) and would be better for slaves in the theoretical long run if the free states could gain enough political power to abolish slavery.

Thus the 3/5ths compromise was created to keep one side from pushing it's views on the other and get both the free and slave states into the union. It was never a measure of if slaves were real people (that would happen with the passage of the 13th which just got rid of slavery) and did nothing to help slaves, it was simply a tool (along with the Connecticut compromise) to get all 13 states united in a single nation.
>>
>>299202
>endorsed a Democratic candidate
>implied the Republicans are racist, sexist, and homophobic
Ooo, implied. Got links to tweets or whatever? Y'know, primary sources. The stuff that news is made of.
>>
>>299374
Is that why right wing organizations commit the bulk of terrorism in America today?

>>299375
Actually it was Reagan that started the demonization of liberals by portraying them as immoral and seedy, while at the same time laying the ground work for the religious right and racists who were brought into the Republican party starting with the Southern Strategy. Don't forget that Reagan started his campaign near Philadelphia, Mississippi, a town infamous for the murders of 3 civil right workers in 1964, and speech was a dog whistle to the racists who fled the democratic party after the Civil Right's Act was passed and floundered on their own.
Reagan however would not spit in your face though, which is why he was still able to cut deals with Tip O'Neil. But he still laid the groundwork for Gingrich's scorched earth governance that only got worse under GW Bush, the tea party and the current cancer of the Republican party that is now Trump where they despise the Democrats to the point that they'd conspire and defend a hostile foreign power if it meant they won office.
But make no mistake, Trump didn't commit a populist, hostile take over of the Republican party, he just lead it to its inevitable conclusion.
>>
>>299395
At least it IS A conclusion. Republicans are a third party in at least one state, and that's before the first midterm election of this administration.

If the economy wasn't riding high on Obama's fiscally responsible dick they'd already be out. Trump's got a baby carrot where his economic policy should be.
>>
>>299132

Must be backlash from kanye west's current support of trump. If he can get his wife to encourage women to start voting Republican it's all over.
>>
>>299155
Nobody ever cared what Taytay actually thinks about. If Taytay started boning Jamal, now THAT would be heartbreaking.
>>
> I believe that the systemic racism we still see in this country towards people of color is terrifying, sickening and prevalent.
> people of color

Oh my god, the irony is strong in this one. Not nearly reluctant enough, sweetheart.
>>
>>299393
But they are all of those things. Why is this news?
>>
>>299420
Unfortunately, I don't share your confidence, and neither does even a majority of Democrats. The fact that Trump is so brazen in his both his treason and continued embrace of Russia along with the fact that not only have Republicans done everything in the power to sabotage the investigation into Russia, but have done nothing to shore up our electoral defenses while at the same time weakened it by refusing to fund it.
The thought that the Russians and Republicans will just outright alter results so that they're the winner weigh's heavily on the minds of democats, and to be quick frank, I share that cynicism since Republicans have shown there's willing to do anything to win, even committe treason. Funnily enough, it's not the first time a Republican candidate has committed treason to win the White House. The first was Nixon when his campaign sabotaged the Paris Peace talks. Then Reagan when he cut a deal with the Ayatollah to keep the hostages until after the election, and this was after Abolhassan Banisadr won the presidency with one of his main platform points being returning the hostages. Both Nixon and Reagan conspired with foreign adversary, but Trump upped the game to conspiring with a hostile foreign power that was attacking the United States. The only reason he's not already hanging from the gallows for treason is the Republicans put party over principle and like their voters, would rather openly surrender to Russian than give up any power to the Democrats.

>>299427
Unfortunately for your side, Trump and the Republicans' blatant racism nullifies any ability Kayne West might have had in influencing blacks to vote for Trump or Republicans. If you must cling to something, it's the Latino vote continues to be suppressed and that will be the key to any hope of republicans maintain control of the senate if you don't resort to unethical, criminal or other underhanded means to influence the vote.
>>
Man the fucking crying in this thread is palatable. I can practically taste the tears and impotent rage.

Not shocked you limp-wristed buffoons spend all day in your shitty text board fixated over Trump's dick. Someday, it will quit raping you, liberals.
>>
>>299434
>>299436
>>299438
You guys coordinate your shitposting or is it just one person samefagging with a 4chan pass? Because we've had to deal with the latter already.
>>
>>299440
I'm only one of those posts, and I just think you spending all day on /news/ fucking crying about drumpf is the most adorable thing on Earth.

I think it's almost as good as how you ignore that Drumpf is by far not the start of all these problems. This is a two-party system failure, but you'll never acknowledge that because that takes away from your Drumpf cocksniffing.
>>
>>299442
>>299450
You sound very mad at being called out.
>>
>>299442
>>299450
Y'all act like Trump being the worst of a shitpile means he can stay.

Just because there's multiple dumpster fires doesnt mean you don't put out the biggest one first.
>>
>>299151
>Cnbc
>shareblue

lol, cute. here's a (you)
>>
nice fabricated outrage
>>
>>299476
To be fair the last thing Republicans want is more people voting and Swift also broke the heart of /pol/ and other racists like Charlie Kirk who thought Swift was secretly like them.
Why wouldn't they be crying like little bitches?
>>
>>299437
>muh Russia, muh racists
I'm really sorry. If you can't handle the lack of evidence, and it's causing you to sperg out on a siberian cave painting forum, I sincerely advise simply killing yourself.
>>
>>299496
>Russian didn't attack the United States
>Trump isn't racist
LOL, imagine having your head so far up your own ass to believe that.
>>
>>299497
>Russia attacked the U.S. through some anti-Democrat tweets and facebook posts
>Trump is a racist because he's not nice to immigrants
LOL, imagine having your head so far up your own ass to believe that.
>>
>>299500
yeah pretty much this
>>
>>299500
>Trying to spin harder than a dreidel in damage control
>Can't even think of an original retort
LOL, imagine having your head so far up your own ass to believe that.
>>
>>299530
>Trying to spin harder than a dreidel in damage control

|
|>
|
|3
|

... Gee I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>299535
I know this... it's Mario at the end of a level on the flagpole. Wait, you did it the wrong way. YOU HAD ONE JOB YOU USELESS SACK OF SHIT.
>>
>>299290
Or, permaban them everywhere but /pol/ so they can have their little cesspool all to themselves.
>>
>>299562
That's actually way better. And then hiro keeps his web traffic and everything. We've got to convince him.
>>
>>299530
>lack of rebuttal
>d-damage control! haha!
LOL, imagine having your head so far up your own ass to believe that.
>>
>>299440
I dont plan to meet or get to know anyone on chan, so no. Just stating what should be blatantly. Wouldnt be surprised if all her SJW fans pressured her for a response. Thats all you liberals and democrats do.
>>
>>299572
>Still can't refute the facts
>Has to resort to studdering and no original response
LOL, imagine having your head so far up your own ass to believe that.
>>
>>299563
>>299562
Liberals conspiring to censor free speech once again.
Sad!
>>
>>299665
Meanwhile conservatives have already banned left leaning sources here because they're waging a war on free speech
>Sad!
>>
>>299663
>thinks he has "facts" that have been debunked a million times already
>Has to resort to "d-damage control! haha"
LOL, imagine having your head so far up your own ass to believe that.
>>
>>299676
Every major news outlet that has dominated TV for the past two decades, except for FOX, has been left-leaning, and yet again the lefties want to pretend they're the victims of censorship.
>>
>>299914
Nice regurgitation of Sean Hannity's talking point but in reality corporate media is more conservative than liberal and if you truly think the MSM is far left then you yourself are so far to the right that you are a poor judge.
>>
>a pop star who makes songs like this
https://youtu.be/3tmd-ClpJxA

>Is not a republican
Was this meant to be shocking? It's kind of a given that she is a messed up corporate whore high on money these days. She hasn't been blacked (yet) but it's going to happen.
>>
>>299914
>Every network is left-lea-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fHfgU8oMSo
>>
>>299917
Wow. I'm baffled that there is someone so left with that they think the MSM is mostly """""""right wing"'''''''''' based on whatever relative political scenario they have in their heads.

Do tell of how ad infinitum support of homosexuality , democracy, abortion, feminism, by nearly every news outlet is in anyways right wing by most people's standards. Maybe you live in an echo chamber and just don't consume a lot of media but I mean come on.

The MSM are made up of bourgeois corporatists trying to make money, they don't appeal to the "left" or the "right" they try to make money above anything else and will appeal to anyone they need to in order to *keep making money*. It doesn't even matter my dude stop bitching
>>
>>299926
How does this make them right leaning? It just makes them bootlickers to whatever corporate entity they are paid from/ owned by.
>>
>>299928
Look up Sinclair broadcast and consider yourself enlightened in how far the tentacles of the right wing media actually reach.
>>
>>299933
>the right wing media actually reach.
Topkek. Just explained to you that they are not right wing my little ideologue. Funny seeing this sentiment towards the left right diachotomy reflect across it as well
>>
>>299943
No, you didn't, because the news outlets you're talking about and the news outlets he's talking about are not the same.
>>
>>299945
Whatever these billion dollar corporations are is the same regardless of if they pander to different people. That is what the MSM is, it does not matter if they pander to the left or to the right. They are the same structure. Sinclair is no different from any of the others. Don't think of them in any regard as left or right wing. It's just business.
>>
>>299952
>Sinclair is no different
How to tell someone is an idiot or a blind right wing ideologue.
They are not mutually exclusive either.
>>
>>299955
>>>/b/
or maybe
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>299955
I mean you're just stupid
>>
>>299665
Free market anon, 4chan is a private website. If you don't like it go somewhere else. Also, why does 4chan think that me saying the name of that other website similar to 4chan is spam?
>>
>>299966
Back when Gamergate was still a thing people cared about people spammed thousands of posts advertising it every day and they never took it off since.
>>
>>299969
>Gamergate
Thought it started with /pol/harbor desu
>>
I always thought she was intelligence well I guess I was WRONG
>>
>>299927
>supporting democracy is a liberal thing
Jesus Christ
>>
>>299958
Nice projection
>>
>>300028
>conservatives are now literally admitting that they're against democracy
Priceless.
>>
>>300028
Well, it is. They're called Democrats, they want literally everyone to vote, they hate money as political power...

I'm more amused by the fact that it's implied that it's ONLY the democrats who like democracy.
>>
>>300184
these little non sequitur gotchas aren't an effective tactic btw
>>
>>300239
Explain how it's wrong.
>>
>>300184
I remember there was some image of Fox news where they listed a bunch of things liberals were fighting for, shit like women's rights and healthcare or something, but it was treated like they were bad things.
Shit Jesus would argue for, but dems want it so it must be bad.
>>
>>300266
I would claim that the entire name of their party suggests they are in favor of a republic, so I'm not sure what you are arguing since America is a representative democracy, which is just another way of saying republic + democracy
>>
>>300275
I remember that shit, I laughed. The best part is they were largely policies that are supported by the American public too.
>>
>>300275
>dems want it so it must be bad
It's not the wanting. It's the manner in which they intend to realize those desires.
>>
>>302121
Uh, would you mind expounding on this? As far as I know the democrats plan to implement their preferred policies through the political system we have set up. Are they secretly planning a coup or some shit?
>>
>>302204
Republicans want people to have healthcare too.
They just don't want you to be forced to buy it at gunpoint, or take other people's money at gunpoint to fund your own healthcare
>>
>>302222
Republicans want it so bad they can't write a actual bill and pass it despite shit-talking healthcare for almost 10 years now.
>>
>>302222
They want it so bad they failed to repeal the shitty plan in place despite having control of Congress, the presidency, and the supreme court.
>>
>>302222
>Republicans want people to have healthcare too.
It sure ain't showing.
>They just don't want you to be forced to buy it at gunpoint
Progressives (not corporate shill dems) don't want ObamaCare either. We want single payer.
>or take other people's money at gunpoint to fund your own healthcare
This meme needs to fucking die. It always rears its ugly head whenever something important needs to be funded. You could use this logic for any stupid bullshit.
>you're taking other people's money at gunpoint to fund your own roads!
>you're taking other people's money at gunpoint to fund your own cops!
>you're taking other people's money at gunpoint to fund your own military!
Bottom line is, if you don't want to pay taxes you can leave. That's the social contract.
>>
>>302222
Funny how their stated goals run completely opposite to the government's own projections of what their proposed legislation would have done. If they wanted everyone to have healthcare, why write a bill that would make millions of people lose coverage? Why are they trying to use the giant tax cuts for the rich that are generating giant deficits to justify making cuts to medicaid and medicare? (and social security too for that matter). Just because they say "we want people to have healthcare" does not make it true.

STOP TAKING WHAT PEOPLE SAY AT FACE VALUE BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME COLOR AS YOU AND PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DO YOU FUCKING RETARDS BECAUSE IT AFFECTS THE REST OF US WHEN WE ALL LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY. YES I MAD.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.