[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: accord passat.jpg (48 KB, 620x340)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
I'm looking for a comfy, affordable DD. Which would be better, an Accord or a Passat?
>>
3k civic with simple mods
>>
>>19852692
I know you're joking but that's what I currently have.

If by simple mods you mean a bike rack and a glued-on mirror.
>>
If you can find a TDI, go with a Passat.
>>
>>19852705
I'd like one but used ones are priced like Subarus
>>
>>19852688
Depends on which trim you get. Anything but the top get the Accord.
>>
>>19852688
Accord is definitely more affordable for maintenance. But the Passat will be more comfy.
>>
>>19852688
Accord, vw is more expensive to maintain and less reliable
>>
>>19852733
That's what I figured. It seems like a fully optioned-out Passat will basically be a low-key Audi.
>>
>>19852739
I've owned a VW I know what I'm getting into

>CEL
>CEL
>CEL
>CEL
>ABS Light
>CEL
>>
Camry XSE V6
>>
>>19852747
gay
>>
Ford Mustang Gt PP2
>>
>>19852688
Accord is better in every way.
>>
>>19852688
If you intend to keep it for a long time Honda
>>
>>19852767
Not sure about long term plans.

My heart says get a Miata or a BRZ because they're fun and RWD, but my brain says get a comfy four-door. I owned a Miata for a couple years and I think I'd grow to hate it if I had to daily it.
>>
>>19852758
but the nsx is faster, even better than VW garbage
>>
>>19852824
Maybe someday
>>
>>19852688
which do you value more, comfy or affordable?
>>
>>19852688
Is the passat Diesel?
>>
>>19853034
It isn't a specific one. I just plan on getting a used car next month when I'm done with school. Not super old, just a few years.
>>
>>19852741
Fully opt out accords are bretty nice too though
>>
>>19853058
where I live diesel is $4.09 a gallon
>>
>>19853120
Diesel is more expensive but it also gives higher mileage balancing it out. That's not why people get diesel most of the time, at least in the states. They get diesel because the engines are said to be super reliable and long lived.
>>
Accord bro.
>>
>>19852688
Hondas are definitely more reliable than VWs, plus the Accord looks better.
>>
>>19853129
they get diesel because their bro autism thinks that a 300mi 5.9 cummins is worth 20k alone when the entire body has rusted away and the transmission has turned to shrapnel.

with the exception of the prius vs corolla, most hybrids and diesels are not worth the extra cost premium unless you put on 150k+ miles on the vehicle with 3$+ gasoline. just run the basic numbers - it's bamboozling at its finest. with basic bitch cars getting near 40mpg in econobox form nowdays the difference hasn't been in the favor of the alternative fuels.
>>
I'd say Accord just because I have a Passat and the infotainment system is a sad excuse for technology in this day and age. It's not noticeable until you try to use GPS on it or set up your phone.
>>
>>19853594
>>19853129
I get 50mpg in my TDI. Diesel is only like 30 cents more a gallon than gas where I am. Most econoboxes don't even get better mpg than low to mid 30s anyway and even if they do they don't have that sweet sweet torque that makes my car feel more fun to drive than it would be otherwise.
>>
>>19853643
Jesus diesel is like 20 cents cheaper than gas here.
>>
>>19853718
I remember when it was cheaper here too. But the EPA really has a vendetta against diesel.
>>
I wouldn't even consider the passat
>>
>>19852688
I own a passat, the vr6 edition.

It's got a nice noise to it and it's surprisingly quick, but it lacks in a few departments, namely infotainment and connectivity. If you want to replace the head unit, you can do so and get a pretty nice ride. Although it looks kinda mundane, you can buy skirts for it and drop the ride height to get a unique look for the car.

On the bright side, it has a massive amount of cargo room and backseat passenger legroom is astonishing. For a non-luxury sedan, it's pretty well equipped at higher trim levels.
>>
>>19853765
>you can buy skirts for it and drop the ride height to get a unique look
you mean the basic vagstance vapeshit look? yeah real unique
>for a non luxury sedan its pretty well equipped
for $35k it had better fucking be

anyway to stay on topic, the passat will get you more mpg because of the overstressed tiny engines but might bite you in the ass in many maintenance costs (and vw engines love drinking oil). If you plan on going affordable on the long run you should go for the honda.
>>
>>19854475
Here's that "stanced" volkswagen you're talking about. It doesn't look really faggy to me.
>>
File: 1515481466294.jpg (19 KB, 374x347)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>19852824
>nsx is faster
Also 4x the price, unless you go for the old ones. Either way why would you DD either NSX?
>>
>>19853765
>comfy
>drop the ride height

Pick one

>>19854966
That’s stock suspension

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.