[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 27 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: thumbnail_snowblower-2.jpg (73 KB, 1054x593)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
Lets see your snowblowers! Post em if you got em. I'm interested to see what eurobros use.

I just picked up my first blower ever. An Airens 22" for $250
>>
File: 1142381-1.jpg (36 KB, 550x411)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>1391984
>>
What is the point of these things other for boomers to be loud and annoying?
>>
>>1391984
I hope you don’t live in an area that gets a ton of snow. Those tires are mini. Must be a single stage. It’s fine and better than shoveling, but you’ll just have to keep up with it and snow blow once you get like 6”. You might have trouble when you get to where the plow piles up all the snow at the end of the driveway
>>1392075
Have you ever had to shovel more than a foot of snow on a 24’ x 100’ driveway? You’d know the point real fast
>>
>>1392075
Buy things, stay in the garden breathe diesel fumes
>>
>>1392075
qft

If you're in decent shape it doesn't take long to shovel out the pathways you need for cars and to walk. Doesn't stop boomers from meticulously clearing every inch of their entire yard.
>>
>>1392911
>doesn't take long to shovel out the pathways you need for cars and to walk
Unless you live in a town that makes it so not shoveling every square inch of sidewalk bordering your property is a crime. Like mine.

And I live on a corner, so I have like 450ft of sidewalk. And we average about 14" of accumulation per snowfall and occasionally get up to 3ft at once. You ain't doing that shit by hand.
>tfw by February the sidewalks look like trenches from all the snow mounded up beside them
In 2014 my sidewalk-trench was 11ft deep. We had 5ft6" of accumulation that never melted off and you can only throw snow so fucking far.
>>
>>1392075
>I'm an apartment dwelling NEET that lives somewhere with no/little snow: The Post
>>
File: IMG_20180619_192448_485.jpg (2.58 MB, 3024x3024)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
>>1392914
>sidewalk
>not living innawoods
Pic related, from my porch
>>
>>1392922
I assure you I would love to go live on my family's farm, but my job 100% requires a home internet connection that wouldn't be available out there (fucking place can't even get satellite internet/4G coverage) and I'm not willing to deal with a 2 hour commute each day.
>>
File: Ariens 924048.jpg (50 KB, 816x612)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>1391984

(not my pic but) I’ve got an Ariens model 924048 7hp 5-speed locking deferential snowblower my dad bought in 1979 that is unstoppable and will throw snow clear across the street.
>>
File: Mr_Plow.jpg (547 KB, 500x375)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
>>1392087
> has a mile long driveway
> has a two car garage
> still parks in the street like an asshole

Too bad the plow truck didn’t smash the shit out of that car…
>>
>>1392087
what kind of banana republic state doesn't have winter parking bans?
>>
>>1391984
>tfw moved to Florida 6 years ago
>had to clear everything out of a house I lived in for 22 years
>left the snowblower in the garage because fuck snow
>mfw
>>
>>1391984
>eurobros use.
>>
>>1391984
this is a comfy fucking thread.
>>
File: 100_0891.jpg (561 KB, 2576x1932)
561 KB
561 KB JPG
Here's my snow blower
>>
File: heart attack.jpg (95 KB, 1600x1300)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>1394172
>>
>>1392921
>I can't handle nature and need powertools for something that children play in
>>
>>1393510

My buddy just came by and prepped the snowblower for the winter, as the carb was leaking gas last season, so I should be good to go.

Of course the only time we have shitty winters (Michigan here) is when the snowblower doesn’t work…
>>
>>1394172
How the fuck can you use those bent handle shovels? Those are good for the first inch of snow of the season. After that, you're better off kicking the snow away.
>>
>>1394375
Agree. If ours going to shovel at least get a proper shovel
>>
>>1394255
>I like to spend 5 hours of my Saturday shoveling 10 inches of wet snow from my driveway and sidewalk
>>
>>1392075
Quit letting your mother shovel the driveway you incel.
Use your allowance to buy her a snowblower!
>>
>>1392914
My first driveway was 200 ft long. Try shoveling 3 ft of snow off that before work in the morning.
When I moved to a developement (for work). I ditched the blower and went back to a shovel.
But I just picked a craftsman blower so I’ll fix that for this year then sell it next winter.
>>
>>1394255
I’m human, I don’t “handle” nature.
I grab it by the ears and skull fuck it to death.
>What’s the use of being the smartest animal on the planet if I’m just going to use a larger spoon.
>We’d still be picking termites out with a twig if civilization was left to you.
>>
Use a shovel you limp wristed 20-something boomer shits.
>>
Imagine thinking that spending an hour shoveling snow before the sunrises is in any way better than using your fucking brain.

But if you dont have places to be, yeah stop being a fucking pussy.
>>
File: 20181115_182053.jpg (2.81 MB, 4032x3024)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
I just shovel, heres a pic of some fresh snow
>>
>>1393513
It looks like he had a real good go at keep his garage and driveway operational desu. Too much snow.
>>
I just drive through the snow. It doesn't matter how many feet high it is. I have no motivation to actively clear it when I know I can just crush it. Sometimes I need to shovel out the icy bank that the plow makes along the side of the road, though.
>>
>>1397559
but that turns the snow into ice and shortly after you're sliding through the garage door
>>
File: 100_0910.jpg (764 KB, 2576x1932)
764 KB
764 KB JPG
>>1394375
I did all this with that shovel and it was a lot easier than a straight handle no matter what you say.
>>
>>1391986
real talk, a local is selling this exact model for $200.

Is it worth it? Or should I keep looking?
>>
I dunno if you'd consider this a hack or not but using a decent leaf blower works surprisingly well
>>
Those who are hating on snowblowers are forgetting the best part of owning one: the extra efficiency lets you do multiple driveways and sidewalks without wearing yourself out, so you can help out the neighbors. You end up with a sense of community, and they can help you out in return. I snowblow the driveway for the family that lives next door to me. They help out with my project car and invite my family over for fourth of july parties. It's great.
>>
>>1397567
That's fine, just drive on top of it
>>
>>1397575
Those Airens are fucking tanks man. They hardly go for less than$250

It's still early enough though to keep looking for one that was refurbished, or at least has a new scrapper.
>>
>>1397593
My neighbor helped me out for the last two years. Near the end of last season, his little Toro broke. I'll be shoveling his shit every time this year.
>>
>>1397429
mufucka is that the big y in chicopee MA
>>
>get 4" of snow overnight 2 days ago
>have driveway, walkways, and sidewalks shoveled in around 20 minutes
>snow plow decides he's gonna come through at like 2pm after everybody and their dead dog's driven on it
>6 foot tall, 35 foot long berm of ice and gravel DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF MY FUCKING DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE because live on a corner and he unloaded the blade as he turned the corner
>literally had to chop it apart with an axe-mattock because frozen solid, took 4 hours
Called up the county and they were like "you're dug out now, right? So fucking what". I'm pissed. Sent pics of it to the news station, hoping they're gonna roast the county road commissioner for it.

Last year the snow plow took a huge chunk out of the 80yo oak tree that's 15 fucking feet off the road because "lol couldn't see the road, snow lel" when we got an inch (we have actual curbs he had to drive over) and totaled my neighbor's car which was 10ft up their driveway.
>>
>>1391984
I have this exact one. Too lazy to post pic.
>>
>>1397572
I agree. How the fuck is a straight shovel better?
>>
>>1398027
A straight shovel is easier for picking up snow. A bent shovel is for pushing snow. Generally speaking, you’ll need to pick snow up to toss it over or on top of the snowbank, so the straight handle is better
>>
maybe I'll ask in /diy/ but since this is already here....

should a 50ft 14 gauge cord be alright for an electric snowblower?

I *believe* it suggests using a 12 gauge, but I'd rather not spend another $30 on a cord if I don't have to
>>
>>1398151
No
>>
>>1398151
It’s fine. You should be more worried about if you’re plugging it in to a 15amp or 20amp outlet. I’m assuming that since it calls for 12ga wire, that it pulls greater than 15 amps. Where you’re planning on plugging it in, do you know if you have a 20 amp outlet, 12 gauge wire in the walls, and a 20 amp circuit in your electrical panel (assuming the snowblower is > 15a). The worst that would happen is that your extension cord would get hot and start on fire - highly unlikely, and since it’s not enclosed in a wall, it’s not really a big deal. If your snowblower is 15a or less, 14ga wire is fine. If it’s 20a, then you should have 12ga wire.
>>
>>1398532
yeah, I haven't even taken it out of the box yet since we have yet to get enough snow that would require shoveling, so I didn't have the manual out to check

this is it: https://www.snowjoe.com/products/snow-joe-ultra-18-inch-15-amp-electric-snow-thrower

according to the site and the manual online, they say as long as the cord is 50ft or less, 14ga is fine...50ft - 100ft and they want 12ga

they even sell "their own" 14ga cords: https://www.amazon.com/Snow-Joe-PJEXT50-B-50-Feet-Extension/dp/B00AIHQ3HE

as far as I know, it is probably a 15 amp breaker, however, nothing else will be plugged in to it while the snowblower is in use
>>
>>1398543
It’s a 15amp snowblower, so 14ga is fine. No need to give them more money

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.