[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 12 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File deleted.
How did you get your start into /out/ activities? What are your favorite activities/hobbies and what do you recommend I go with if I want to get someone started on /out/ activities?
>>
What country?
>>
>>2696017
My parents started taking me when I was 3 months old.
>>
Our parents used to let us go camping on weekends. There were 6 of us that would go together. We had cheap KMart packs, sleeping bags and tents. We would stuff our packs with canned food and our stuff and ride our 10 speed bikes down the bike trail to the state park.
We would build a camp fire, cook our food and sleep around the camp fire. Just a group of goofy high school kids.
Then we would wake up filthy from sitting around the camp fire all night and sleeping in the dirt , pack our stuff, ride our bikes home, shower and sleep.
>>
>>2696041
America
>>
>>2696017
My first memory is deer hunting with me dad. My favorite out hobby is ice fishing, with deer, elk, bear hunting being second, fly fishing being third, small game fourth, duck hunting fifth....im always outside at least once a week all year long
>>
>>2696017
Just start with hiking on a trail. It's not difficult. Build up from there how you feel like it
>>
>>2696017
By buying land and moving innawoods. (Oregon)
Activities, mostly hiking and the various projects I find myself working on (usually related to gardening)

(Side note: are captchas completely fucked in incognito mode?)
>>
>>2696017
Brother threw me into the deep end with hammock motocamping.
In fair weather it was fine, but then we started being in wet sub-freezing conditions more and more frequently and my lack of decent camping gear/apparel really sucked all the fun out of it.

Took a break from it moving around for work and got into backpacking on my own and learned all the shit I really should have known and bought all the shit I really should have had and it's now my primary hobby.

>what do you recommend I go with if I want to get someone started on /out/ activities?
Dayhikes, car camping, and then backpacking are the foundations. They need to know how to not get lost and not die first before adding in other activities.
>>
>>2696078
They still work, it just makes you wait one minute until you post a few times
>>
Recommendation:
1) apply shoes to feet
2) visually locate nearest tree or bush
3) approach
>>
>>2696154
I do that every day, what's the next step?
>>
>>2696095
I went about a week without posting before I saw the timer in the captcha
>>
>>2696017
>How did you get your start into /out/ activities?
My parents took me on hikes and skiing.
>>
>>2696789
Find a tree that's farther away. Walk to that tree. Walk back.
>>
>>2696154
kek
>>
>>2697815
What about advanced /out/
>>
>>2696017
A buddy of mine woke me up to it by taking me hiking, and it was beautiful. I then went /out/ somewhere primarily since there's no light pollution and i love astronomy, but I figured I should probably do stuff in the daytime too. I went kayaking and hiking. After that, I was hooked
>>
How does one get into camping, longer hiking trips, and bushcraft/survival stuff?
>>
>>2696049
Are you still friends with them? Don't tell me you let those friendships slip away

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.