[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5140.jpg (95 KB, 446x410)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
What rivers is everyone looking forward to paddling this year? Anyone bringing out new boats and gear?

I’m hoping to find some time to make it down to the New River Gorge in the summer, low consequence big water is my jam.
>>
>>2697992
It better start snowing or it gonna be a short year.
>>
>>2697992
Ottawa River, la diable, la rouge, Lachine rapids, getting a piranha fusion 2 with the stout outfitting in late April , yes it is a crossover but I do not intend serious white water, r3 is my upper limit
>>
>>2697992
I injured my shoulder 4 years ago teaching myself how to roll (didn't even notice it until the end of that summer after doing a ton of class 3 but the rolling is def what started it) and had to quit doing whitewater because it progressed into shoulder tendonitis that I can't seem to shake despite doing PT. Doing a class V river was one of my few dreams in life. I'm still seething
>>
>>2698870
Honestly class V is only worth it for the bragging rights if you’re into technical creeping and big drops. Definitely not worth the stress when you can have a fun day playing down the river all day.

I’ve been paddling a Pyranha Jed and I’m thinking about bumping up to a more spacious river runner. I’m just worried about loosing some of the playfulness.
>>
>>2698885
>>2698885
>Honestly class V is only worth it for the bragging rights if you’re into technical creeping and big drops.
Probably true but watching videos of people sending stuff like Cherry Creek in California is mesmerizing. I wish I could experience that. Oh well, I'll just be an armchair kayaker
>>
do they make lifejackets for fat people?
>>
This thread is going to die, beside a few anon Out frowns on paddling, much more manly to make knots in the backyard while wearing camo waiting for ma to yell clean your room, Out dislike hiking and believe sport invalidate the out principle, go figure fishing is Out but just paddling or rowing is gay or something
>>
I really want to try class 1 and eventually 2 with my packraft, but even a class 1 is probably not safe doing alone and mone of my friends own packrafts. No Im not joining a club
>>
I need to find someone who also have a rack on their car so we can drop one at destination downriver the just paddle down without having to chainlock the kayak and walk back to the car for hours Wich is what I am doing, so now the length of my time on the river is dictated by how long it will be to get back to my vehicle afterward, with two cars that would not be an issue, never taught about safety going solo, I have a nice pfd and a level6 drysuit but yeah my throwbag is fucking useless now that you bring that up, I should check out helmets too
>>
>>2697998

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.