[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Could you survive ten whole days without TV, microwave meals and the internet?
Would you age 9 months or so, like this brave man.
>>
>>2747575
>inb4 this thread gets flooded by keyboard survivalists
The guy packed for a three-hour hike, if he packed anything at all besides water. Good on him for making it until they found him, especially considering he's a C*lifornian.
>>
>>2747590
desu maybe im being the keyboard survivalist but its summer, he had plenty of water and for only 10 days food isnt really super necessary before a month or so (plus he had berries so maybe 2 months)
i think most people would survive here
>>
>>2747593
>he went out hiking that day with “just a pair of pants, and my pair of hiking shoes, and a hat”.
>“I had a flashlight, and a pair of folding scissors, like a Leatherman tool. And that was about it,” he added.
>he survived by drinking large quantities of water, which he collected using his boot.
He did alright.
>>
>>2747575
I always bring a water filter, space blanket, and a way to make fire no matter how short of a hike I'm planning.
>>
>>2747575
The white man marches on.
>>
>>2747597
Well at least he took his hiking pliers.
>>
>>2747729
no pliers on the hiking folding scissors
>>
>>2747575
>>2747590
Yes yes HOWEVER
Surviving by drinking a gallon of water a day isn't how your body works at all. That's not even how hydration works lmao.
Ten points deducted from Slytherin!
>>
>>2747740
>yes yes HOWEVER
Gave me a chuckle
>>
How the fuck do you get lost in the mountains?
>walk down until you encounter a river
>follow the river
>>
>>2747575
And people laugh about EDC. 10 days is rough, but completely do-able.
>>
>>2747575
>10 days
>with plenty of water
And?
>>
I just don’t understand why the tard set out with no shirt. OK let’s just say it’s hot and you’re trying to stay cool. Why not still bring your shirt? Tuck it in your belt and let it hang. Just seems really dumb to me. What am I missing?
>>
>>2747919
>what am I missing
The part where he was dumb enough to get himself lost on a short hike where he had immediate access to flowing water that he could have followed back out. Packing a shirt was just too much thinking.
>>
some stupid people like to create problems and then heroically overcome them
>>
>>2747590
I'd be confident that I wouldn't even get lost desu
Stay on trail or use a compass if you plan of just walking through the woods

>t. I saw a deer once
>>
>>2747575
I dont understand. He had 10 gallons of water with him? How did he carry it?
>>
>forced 10-day fast

I’m jealous
>>
>>2748027
>lose ten pounds with this one simple trick
>dieticians HATE him
>>
>>2747593
>plus he had berries
You’re probably better off eating nothing if it’s just 10 days. Ketosis brain is mega alert and needs less sleep, I bet the mental clarity helps.
>>
>>2748031
Lol
This is your brain on keto
>>
>>2747964
>thread: could you survive the ten days
>well ackshually i wouldnt be in the situation
Keyboard survivalism is a mental disorder.
>>
You think he jacked off one last time thinking he was going to die?
>>
>>2747575
haha wow that's insane. that's almost as impossible as going 10 days without sex haha...
>>2747590
i read the story yesterday. he basically wandered around shouting for help and drinking from waterfalls for 10 days. they found him with drones by searching the general areas that people heard shouting from.
>>
>>2748178
>one
Rookie if true
>>
>>2748036
>>well ackshually i wouldnt be in the situation
yes, retard. people here know better than to go wandering in the fucking wilderness completely unprepared. if you go hiking alone and unprepared and you don't let anyone know about it or have an emergency PLB, you deserve to get lost and die.
>>
>>2748184
That's the thing that struck me as odd about this one. The search started because people heard him calling for help. If he was within earshot, how was he unable to find his own way out?
>>
>>2748188
>Going innawoods without PLB is crazy!
Statistically speaking, more people have survived /out/ innawoods without a PLB than have survived with a PLB.
>>
File: naked pepefrog.png (232 KB, 655x599)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
>>2747575
I would just click the SOS button on my garmin if I got lost that badly
>>
>>2748220
Presumably he's retarded.
>>2747575
I don't understand the greyness, what happened here? Looks like he's been out there 10 months. Like fucking castaway or something.
This must be a psyop to dissuade people from going /out/
>>
>>2747575
looks like he wallowed in an ash pit
>>
>>2747575
i wonder how much weight he lost
>>
>>2748250
But how would you get lost if you had the garmin
>>
>>2748406
fall off a cliff perhaps and get dazed and confused once you wake up way far down hill?
>>
>>2747919
Read the article and you'd know he had it eat it for survival. Mustard stains have lots of protein.
>>
>>2748412
kek
I love reading about the guys who get their cars stuck in two-foot snowdrifts and "survive" by eating hot sauce or drinking their own piss until they're "rescued" four hours later. You just know they were waiting for any excuse.
>>
>>2748406
>had the garmin
past tense
>>
>>2748414
now that i think about it, i don't actually know what piss tastes like. i might pee in a cup later and have a sip
>>
>>2747575
>this brave man
Like he had a choice..
>>
>>2748184
Sometimes when I'm out hiking I'll should "HELP" as loud as I can. It feels good.
>>
>>2747765
He said he was unable to distinguish landmarks because of wild fires,
>>
Bump
>>
>>2748447
English isn't your first language, is it?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.