[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 027443976131.jpg (107 KB, 975x925)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Have you ever encountered a wild bear while hiking?
>>
>>2751784
Once while day hiking, I heard a commotion and saw a big bear really wrecking a guy, I quietly made my escape trying to go unseen.
Later that day I saw them dressed and going back toward the parking lot together.
>>
No, encountered a female moose though as a child, at the time i just thought it knew the way to my grandmas house, and that was why it was following me...
now i know, a female moose with its head low, fuuuuuck no
>>
>>2751784
Yes. Several black bears and a few grizzlies.
>>
>>2751784
I am The Bear.
>>
>>2751784
only domesticated ones sadly
>>
>>2751784
>>2751784
Yeah, a few times. Mostly blacks, only a couple of grizzlies.
Always excites me since I grew up overseas and we don't have bears back home.
>>
>>2751784
Black bear came up behind me while I was eating lunch.
>>
>>2751784
10 in the past month alone. All black bears tho. But one was a 500 pounder easy. He was on the trail coming my way around a bend not 50 ft from me. We saw each other and both immediately went the other way.
>>
>>2751826
domesticated bears
A circus?
>>
>>2751784
There was a black bear on my deck licking a suet feeder. Nice guy not to rip it down I guess. He just ran away from me.
>>
File: eewr.jpg (484 KB, 1920x1280)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>2751784
No, i hike regulary in bear country never seen them just shit and fucked up trees. Bears avoid people.
>>
>>2751784
All the time. Except during hunting season.
>>
Once. a grizzly on a remote trail. we looked at each other and then walked away in opposite directions
>>
>>2752610
That's how my encounters with huge ones go.
>oh hey
>s-see ya
>>
>>2751784
Yes, I have, they're normally not a problem, I watch out for the wolves more
Also a bear just mauled a 19 year old woman and threw her body in a ravine yesterday in my country lmao
https://www.digi24.ro/stiri/actualitate/tanara-atacata-de-urs-pe-jepii-mici-victima-ar-fi-fost-tarata-de-animal-salvamontisii-o-cauta-2855325
>>
File: Bear Scat.jpg (799 KB, 1920x1083)
799 KB
799 KB JPG
I have encountered black bears while bowhunting, camping and hiking in Appalachia.
My experience has been that they are very shy from humans. 99% of the time the Appalachian Black bear will pick up your scent or hear you and leave the area before you see it.
Picrel is some bear scat that an Appalachian Black Bear left next to my driveway. I live at the end of a long dirt lane. This area is mostly national forest. A 200 acre wildlife sanctuary borders my west property line.
>>
>while hiking
Only 4 times, and three of those were running away. The other one was way off in the distance in a ravine (though it might have been a “holler”; not sure what the difference is really). I saw two groups of bears digging in trash cans on separate occasions, but that’s not while hiking.

Feral hogs are much more common here than bears, and all of my bear airings have been out of state.
>>
>>2751784
Yeah, it turned away and went off into the trees as soon as it saw me. Surprisingly fast
>>
>>2753274
20 bucks says the bf did it
>>
>>2751784
no
>>
>>2751784
I saw two black bears running around (not sure if they were playing or hunting) in the general direction I was going once. My friend freaked out but I'm pretty sure black bears are scared of people so I just kept walking. If it was a grizzly though I'd have turned the fuck around.

>>2751790
lmao

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.