[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

oldfag here. have been using the Canon 6D for years now. Is there any reason to change to a new body?
All I use is the Sigma Art 35mm and 85mm.
>>
If amateur, yes, you're fine. Keep going with it.
>>
>>3317963
I do photography for a living
>>
>>3317955
Probably not. I know someone who has been using a 6D for years for there photography work and it's fine.

If you want pay loads of money for a higher megapixel count, worse battery life and an EVF go right ahead.
>>
6D since early 2013 here.
I love the haptics and form factor so no other canon camera interests me at the moment except for the 6D II, and sometimes I think having a better autofocus like the II has would be nice, but other than that I can't see any reason to upgrade
>>
I have been using the 6d since it came out for portraits, weddings, and family stuff. Video is decent and my clients have never questioned my gear. I now have 2 6Ds and a 6D2. The video af and tilt screen on the 6d2 is great but I actually prefer the video quality of the original a bit more.
>>
>>3317955
O hi Beethy, been awhile

Why do you want to change? Unless you need more resolution or better ISO performance than don't bother. If you're still doing almost exclusively portrait stuff and you're not printing larger than 20x30 you're fine.

If you're just antsy I'd hold off a year or so. There's been a lot of activity in the patent front from Canon and new stuff is expected soon. This will drive down prices for current cameras if you want one of those.
>>
I would trade up for a 5D Mark III for more AF points and the joystick.
>>
>>3317983
this tbqh

if you really need a new body rn, a 5DmkIII maybe is for the value I guess
>>
>>3317955
Another oldie here, hell l am still using a D300. I got off the whole upgrade carousel. When mine dies l will get a new body.
>>
>>3317955
>>3317995

and another oldie here - I use bodies from 2011 (1DX) for work and they still do their job good enough to fulfill my needs. If you're still happy with your gear then don't upgrade.
>>
>>3317984
and better autofocus and framerate, even though those are not necessities for portraits. and from a technical standpoint, the sensor in the 6D is better than that of the 5DIII, but barely.
>>
>>3317955
>beethy
you're not him gtfo
>>
>>3317955
no
>>
File: p.jpg (100 KB, 1082x956)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>3318049
I sure am LOL

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerbeethy
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
Do you have any brapper pictures?
>>
>>3318070
u wot m8
>>
>>3318069
>no you're not
>2012 folder

post unedited from >>3317955 set
>>
>>3318075
Or just go here: https://www.deviantart.com/beethy/art/Tharja-Fire-Emblem-682062970
>>
>>3318069
newfags cannut did do teh triforce
>>
>>3318076
waiting
>>
>>3318082
I've copied your post into the description of the photo
>>
>>3318049

why wouldn't you believe that it's beethy?
>>
>>3318069
good post more
>>
why are there the same 2 thots in your insta
>>
New to shooting and am just shooting random cosplayers at cons
H-how do I become like you
Pls resbond
>>
This photo would have fit well on a subsection of a 2007 copy of Maxim. What an unbelievably depressing mood for a portrait.
>>
>>3318293
Hey beethy how many models have you fucked?
>>
>>3317967
>6D since early 2013 here.
>I love the haptics and form factor so no other canon camera interests me at the moment except for the 6D II, and sometimes I think having a better autofocus like the II has would be nice, but other than that I can't see any reason to upgrade
Skip the 6DII and get a used 5DIII instead.
>>
Did Kayla need new boobs?

Why would you need a new camera then?
>>
>>3318377
I had a 5D II in the past and much prefer the layout and size of the 6D, so that's a no
>>
>>3318084
still waiting, unedited from THIS >>3317955 set, you're just a henchman fooling fools
>>
>>3318414

Bro it’s obviously beethy. Fuck off retard.
>>
Hope you're well!

I love that Sigma 35mm but am surprised that you don't have something wider - you used to right?

I just went through a camera change after about the same amount of time, and really haven't seen anything particularly compelling in new bodies.

Unless you fancy an EVF (which is helpful for manual focus portraits with shallow DoF) - I couldn't imagine something newer from Canon making you much happier.
>>
>>3318246
I shoot with whoever pays me.

>>3318293
Just ask people. Be confident and don't be weird.

>>3318492
I've heard good things about the Sony a7R III, know anything about it?
Apparently I can get converters for my 2 Sigma lenses if I do get a Sony body.
Not a gearfag so I have no idea what's good these days.
>>
>>3318090
>why wouldn't you believe that it's beethy?
It's him samefagging for attention.

>>3317955
>>3318049
>>3318069
>>3318075
>>3318076
>>3318134
>>
>>3318384
You prefer having 2.8 tele lenses flexing the frame of your camera?
>>
>>3318663
I have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>3318693

He’s saying that the half-plastic frame of the 6d isn’t as robust as the full magnesium frame of the 5D, and would flex under the torsion caused by a heavy lens.
>>
File: neverchangep.jpg (18 KB, 360x204)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>3318662
yikes

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerbeethy
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3318706
I seey doesn't happen though. Not in the last 5 years with any lens including the rental 200 f2
>>
>>3318658
I shot in the Sony system since the start, after retiring a 5D2.

My big reasons were using Leica and Canon FD lenses, loving the EVF (especially in studio), low light handling and the form factor. The A7iii is a huge step forward vs what I was using.

I actually used a converted Sigma 35/1.4 a lot of the time.

Sigma just released native FE versions of both.

There are consequences of as well (battery,, high repair costs, limited pro support in some areas)
>>
there are rumors of a canon FF mirrorless in the works, you could just wait for that imo
>>
How on earth do you go from taking just normal cosplay pics to all these very risqué photos?
>>
>>3318775
it's all about the clients, some want to take those photos
>>
>>3318711
You probably are just too dumb to notice.
>>
>>3318828
I see you're using only the best arguments there
>>
>>3318832
The proof is in the pudding, sweetheart. Put a heavy lens on your plastic camera and it WILL flex. Whether you notice it or not is up to you. There are people who go into the doctor with a melon-sized tumor on their mouth, and then act surprised when they are diagnosed with mouth cancer. Maybe you are one of those people. I don't really see how any sort of "argument" is going to convince you to be more observant.
>>
>>3318836
just bought the 1dx2, thanks
>>
>>3318838
You realize I’m talking about the 6D, right?
>>
>>3318775
Person below you pretty much answered it. I shoot for girls who need content for Patreon. This includes implied or lingerie stuff.
>>
>>3317955
>Is there any reason to change to a new body?
If you need more MP for really large prints, 5Ds/sr.

If you need 4k video, 5D IV.

If you need better AF, 6D II (or any of the above).

If you don't need any of those things, no reason. 6D can make fine prints to at least 20x30 and is honestly within 1ev of even the newest FF sensors in high ISO. It's still a very strong camera.
>>
>>3318836
>The proof is in the pudding, sweetheart. Put a heavy lens on your plastic camera and it WILL flex.
The mount is metal attached to a metal subframe "sweetheart." There's no flex.
>>
File: caption_007_new.jpg (68 KB, 701x520)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3319059
Metal subframe. Not metal frame. And that subframe is just screwed into the plastic frame. Yes, a piece of sheetmetal will flex with a torsional force is applied.
>>
>>3317967
this
>>
>>3319064
>he thinks he's a better mechanical engineer than the people designing full frame canon SLR's
>he doesn't know the difference between cast magnesium alloy and "sheetmetal"
>he can't tell torsion from tension
>he doesn't realise that all of the relevant components in the optical system are bolted directly to the cast metal chassis and isolated from the plastic shell
fugg
>>
>>3319378
The 6D is just a "Rebel T6" with a bigger sensor. Canon's crack team of mechanical engineers took shortcuts.
>>
>>3319403
it's actually a 60D with a bigger sensor, the layout and body are almost identical
>>
>>3319404
Wrong. It's a Rebel T6 with a bigger sensor and a few buttons borrowed from the 60D.
>>
>>3319411
nope, I have both the 60D and 6D right here and size, button layout and top screen are identical, unike the rebels with are a completely different body size and layout, look at the top screen and mode dial for example
>>
>>3317955

Oh shit Beethy is back

Unless you need better low light performance or more megapickles or are shooting sports there is no need to upgrade bodies in this day and age, especially if you are using Sigma Art prime lenses.

One could argue that you could get away with an original 5D from 2005 if you didn't print larger than 24x36" and shot landscape or portrait at 100 ISO, I noticed no pixelation on my landscape prints when I had mine
>>
>>3319415
Yea good to know. I guess I'll upgrade when this body breaks then!
>>
>>3317984
This. I thought the joystick was a meme until I finally had one. It totally deserves all the hype it gets from reviewers.
>>
>>3318090
NAYRT but I thought it was odd he would post a file directly from deviantart but he seems to be the real deal.
>>
>>3322628

Homie literally got his start here on /p/. It’s not at all unreasonable for him to drop in once in a while, at least for the bantz.
>>
>>3322649
Still not sure it's him. How hard would it be to post unprocessed pic... Or is he just vain?
>>
>>3322657

Maybe an unprocessed pic would spoil the magic. That’s typically the case with glamour/fashion/portrait photography.
>>
I remember beethy from like 6 years ago. Shit. Why do I even look at 4chan anymore?
>>
>>3322737
I have been here for 8 years lmao (on /g/)
>>
>>3322837
>>3322737
I've been here since 2004. What the fuck am I doing with my life haha
>>
I've only been on /p/ since 2008 or something though. Fuck that's still 10 years. Jesus

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.