[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1541518629314.jpg (15 KB, 390x468)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
Why the fuck did I have to be born in a fucking boring country. Why couldn't I have been born in Iceland where you can get amazing landscape shots just by going out in the backyard.
>>
>>3388664
Limits force you to get creative. Stop whining
>>
Why the fuck did I have to be born in a fucking boring country. Why couldn't I have been born in Syria where you can get amazing war shots just by going out in the backyard.
>>
>>3388664
>another wahhh I live in a boring place wahhhh thread
kys you unartistic fuck
>>
>shooting landscapes
not even once
>>
If you lived in Iceland you'd be whining that you can't get any amazing city shots like in New York or London.

Work with what you have and realise that what's boring to you will be interesting to other people who don't live there. Emphasis the weird or the unusual, bring out the character of where you live. Or just stop buying gear and buy a plane ticket instead, travel more.
>>
File: IMG_0442.jpg (557 KB, 2000x1333)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>3388665
>>3388686
OK I took your advice and went down to the local lake. It was comfy and I managed to take this picture at least. Thanks for motivating me my dudes

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 200D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5902
Image Height3934
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2018:11:09 08:10:39
Exposure Time5 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.00 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2000
Image Height1333
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3388692
My pleasure, friend, glad to help. The best way to get better at your craft is to just do it
>>
>>3388692
Best thing I've seen on /p/ in a while.
Good job anon.
>>
>>3388692
Wait, that pier looks familiar. Did you make a thread one or two weeks ago? It was mostly pictures of lakes and flatland. The photo with the similar pier was centered.
>>
>>3388721
no, I havent posted a picture from my DSLR in ages, sorry.

I live in Sweden btw
>>
>>3388664
every country has places that look boring and places that look good though
>>
>>3388773
Some people dig those nordic lakes. Even if you find it boring there surely are moments where it gets interesting, like in the picture you posted the fog adds a lot of atmosphere. I also live in an extremely flat country, but if I walk around enough I can bump in some abandoned cabin, or some rusty metal thingy sticking from the ground, or just some rocks with interesting shapes or disposition. Otherwise take pictures when people usually don’t, like very early morning or rainy days if you know there’s a chance the weather clears up while you’re out. The pics are out there and you’re able to get them, you just proved it. Have fun
>>
Landscape photography is based photography.
Hills and lakes don't complain they look bad on a photoshoot, and take a million duckface selfies afterwards.
>>
>>3388791
>Hills and lakes don't complain they look bad on a photoshoot
I mean, neither do models if you don’t suck at photography.
>>
>>3388664
It's all perspective man. The pic here >>3388692
looks cool to me because I live in a dessert area and never see forrests, and I sometimes wish I could see a forrest like that, or see snow, but I have to travel pretty far. Also, be glad you weren't born in Iceland. All of the extreme landscapes would probably seem normal to you, vs you going there now, you would really appreciate how rare and incredible they are
>>
File: 91hDGVVd+UL.jpg (589 KB, 1812x2347)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>3388664
Why the fuck did I have to be born without any artistic talent. Why couldn't I have been born with a predisposition for art so I could just get amazing shots effortlessly.
>>
>>3388692
it's terrible
im not gonna sugar coat it like these anons

but if you think there isn't good photos to be taken in sweden - ur wrong. of any genre.
>>
>>3388692
Nice dock bb ;) can I show you mine?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.