[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm looking at picking up a compact, full frame camera with good vintage support or a healthy amount of modern manual focus lenses (ttartisans, voigtlander, etc). I'm looking at mirrorless cameras and why are they all so fucking samey and boring?

>fuji
Is interesting design-wise, has decent lens support, I would grab an X-H1, but it isn't full frame and I want that wider fov

>sony
the most god awful, sterile, and boring cameras imaginable, menus stuff with meaningless garbage and AI dog dick autofocus

>nikon
basically a sony except it has a decent grip

>canon
I'm actively paying more for less, might as well buy a nikon or sony

>panasonic
the s5ii seems okay, but there isn't anything to be excited about unless you shoot video otherwise it's just another sony clone

>sigma
Actually a very interesting camera, but the fp/fp-l don't have a mechanical shutter and there are a lot of people reporting flickering issues, which is a non-starter as I do a lot of indoor and night photography

>anything micro 4/3
lol, lmao even

So why is everything just a sony clone? There is no reason to buy one over the other aside from nit-picking. Everything is so stale and lifeless. I'm not a trihard " professional photographer" on youtube on my client grindset. I just want a fun and interesting camera.

Shill me your most fun camera
>>
>>4282923
Nikon ZF
>>
File: streetshit.jpg (2.86 MB, 4000x2667)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB JPG
>>4282923
>I'm not a trihard " professional photographer"
>I just want a fun and interesting camera.
>shits on crop sensors

You're just retarded, OP. Buy any small affordable crop sensor cameera and stop obsessing about sensor size and specs. These companies have carved out niches for a reeason.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 6.2 (Windows)
Photographerlucas/claus
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2023:02:28 15:20:31
Exposure Time1/9000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness7.7 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length18.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4282923
Buy a Leica.
>>
>>4282923
>I want that wider fov
stopped reading right here, you're fucking stupid
>>
Gear is the ultimate filter. If you do anything other than buy a body, 3 or 4 lenses and lighting equipment and then never think about gear again you will never amount to anything.
>>
File: f100.jpg (362 KB, 1333x1000)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
>>4282923
All wrong.

Sony is actually a cheap nikon clone. The a7 body layout and style is based on nikon's electronic SLRs with the angular styling cues taken from the first fully electronic minolta (=sony's eventual camera division).

Historically, nikon has purchased sensors from sony and gotten more performance out of them than even sony did. The sensor is sony, but the CFA is to nikon specs and the rest of the signal chain is all nikon's. Sony copied nikon's body designs. Pentax also followed this pattern, as a sort of low budget, hipster sony. Sony sensors, nikon style bodies. Sony and pentax used to be the only brands with IBIS but only sony put it on anything full frame.

The X-H1 and X-H2 are also styled after nikon cameras due to fuji's historical relationship with nikon - they used to make F mount DSLRs.

Panasonic is also literally just copying nikon.

Canon designed the EOS cameras by ripping off the nikon F3 and then later blobmaxed and put the dials in the wrong place while nikon got it right and everyone promptly copied them, and not canon (for a reason)

Every japanese camera ever is just a nikon clone. Oh, and guess which cameras fuji is actually copying with their retro line. Nikon F SLRs (X-T) and S rangefinders, not leica. The x100v is styled based on the nikon s3 and therefore only leica by proxy.
>>
>>4282939
OLYMPUS NUMBAH ONE
>>
>>4282947
>abandons heritage of compact 35mm SLRs, neglects possible affordable leica route and makes baby sensor mirrorless garbage, goes out of business blaming the camera market while panasonic rakes in the cash making camcorders with stills buttons
Olympus numba what?
>>
>>4282939
>the rest of the signal chain is all nikon's
You mean Fujitsu's?
>>
>>4282923
>good vintage support
Snapshitter meme garbage.
>>
>>4282957
What chinese alternatives would you suggest?
>>
>>4282923
What lenses do you have already that you want to use?

Zf is my favorite on the market for mf with adapted glass. The subject detection in mf just works so good, and I hope it makes it's way into every camera going forward. The body leaves a lot to be desired though, and for anything outside of adapted mf glass, I prefer Fuji's X-T5. Fuji also has the picture-in-picture type MF assist (and ERF on X-Pro2/3), where most other brands have just peaking and zoom.

Sony makes a lot of sense on paper, but I just hate using their cameras. Canon and Nikon always felt similar but different, and from those differences, I always preferred Nikon. Olympus was neat, but bordering on too small at the time (grips can only add so much) and much worse for adapting. I appreciate Sigma as a company, but every camera I've used from them has been a bad experience.

I've spent decent time with every brand over the years, but even now I still shoot with 3 brands across 5 bodies depending on what I'm doing. There's no perfect camera.
>>
>>4282930
What's up with the background in this pic? It looks watery or something.
I was also thinking of getting an X-Pro 2, but this image just looks very strange
Either that or I'm about to learn my eyes are fucked or something
>>
>>4283007
Xtranny crappy rendering + crappier fuji lens at a middling aperture between deep focus and bokeh

If you want to avoid this get a sony a7c and some of these lenses:
Sony 24mm f2.8 G
Sony 40mm f2.5 G
Sony 50mm f2.5 G
Sigma 90mm f2.8
>>
>>4282923
a smena 8 you fucking mongoloid
>>
A smegma 8?
>>
>>4282923
You should have noticed by now that everyone on /p/ settles on nikon, olympus, fuji, and some random film shit. This is for a reason.

All the sony and canon people are too busy fucking their girlfriends and taking awesome photos to post here.
>>
>>4283051
i use olympus but tell everyone to buy a sony so they dont end up like me ;_;

op, please, listen. i smell like wet dog all the time and got fired from work because i spent too long photographing birds and was late because i was able to hike out 20km carrying 800 of reach on my meager gamer frame. dont end up like this. buy a sony and a godox flash with a softbox and offer to photograph thots for their social media.
>>
>>4283010
>a7c
no weather sealing
useless anywhere with weather
>>
File: 1705204995640701.jpg (168 KB, 592x1308)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>4283082
Wrong.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerbkenez
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>4283082
You liars get btfo daily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AsIeYdxOos

Are you just on the fence and indirectly asking for arguments in favor of buying an a7c?

Just use a weather sealed lens (they have G and GM in the name with sony, specs may vary with third party, consult lens WR diagrams if available but i have no issue drenching my tamron 28-75 f2.8 g2)
>>
>>4282923
>I want that wider fov
what

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.