[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 7 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: paper.jpg (105 KB, 1000x1000)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Hey guys, I would like to upgrade my origami level through buying a good paper. Now I usually use a normal white printer paper 80 gm^2.

I would like to know which kind of paper do you use and some tips if you want. Thank you!
>>
https://youtu.be/EpRz8NHaupc

This should get you started. Thin, crisp, and most of all cheap paper. Perfect for practicing. For a model you want to show off, try getting your hands on kozo, awagami or smthg similar. Always (!!) treat with mc (methyl cellulose) first ;)
>>
>>565749
Kraft paper is, i think, the most direct upgrade after printing paper (for origami). Kraft has the advantage that it can be used directly once it's cut in a square form, no processing required.

However it pales in comparison with other origami papers. Other cheap and good options are double tissue and tissue foil. They behave pretty differently from each other, i personally prefere double tissue. They both require a little bit of work to make though.

After that, best papers are handmade papers treated with MC (methyl cellulose). Unryu, Lokta, Dò paper etc... They're beautifull and perfect for origami, but they're also quite expensive usually. You can find some of them in decent art store in the art paper or asian paper section. I personally found some rice paper that is just perfect for origami (once it's treated with mc) but it's not the most beautifull paper since it's just plain white with very little interesting texture.

Alternatively there is the high quality heavy occidental papers like elephant hide, some canson etc... Used with wet folding they can be very good paper for not so complex models.

TL;DR : buy kraft or learn to make double tissue/tissue foil. Then you'll see what suit you best.
>>
Here's some simple written instructions for tissue foil
>>
>>565774
tissue foil is trash idk why people recommend it when single/double/triple tissue exists
>>
Thank you everyone, I will try with kraft paper at first
>>
>>565785
underrated post

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.