[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 7 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Anyone here making their own tissue-foil with Methylcellulose?
What kind of tissue paper do you use/prefer and where do you get it from?
Any tips or tricks that might be useful?
I've had a few successful attempts but the layers of tissue tend to separate upon turning a fold from valley to mountain and vice versa.

Thanks in advance!
>>
Where did my other comment in this thread go? The one about this finally being a good thread in this wasteland of a board?
>>
>>569103
you dont make tissue foil with MC, you make double tissue with MC. MC doesn't stick to foil which is probably why the papers separating.
for tissue foil use elmers or white glue watered down. or since you have mc and tissue paper already, skip the step of trash tissue foil and just make far superior double tissue by mc -> roll paper on > mc > roll paper on > mc > let dry
>>
>>569129
>you dont make tissue foil with MC, you make double tissue with MC. MC doesn't stick to foil which is probably why the papers separating.
> for tissue foil use elmers or white glue watered down. or since you have mc and tissue paper already, skip the step of trash tissue foil and just make far superior double tissue by mc -> roll paper on > mc > roll paper on > mc > let dry

Yeah I mixed up there a little bit, I'm trying to make double tissue, not tissue foil.
It looks perfectly fine when i pull it off the glass but sometimes separates when folding.
Can you maybe recommend a brand of paper which works well for you?
I've already tried adding more powder to the MC, but it didn't make much difference so it might be the paper's fault.
>>
>>569139
the mc should be the consistency of egg white. if it's too thick it won't absorb into the paper so it won't stick together properly. so it could be that? i'm in aus and grab a bulk pack from office works or some fancy shit from a news agent. try a different brand, I found different brands and even different colours from the same brand can behave way differently.
>>
As mentioned MC is not recommended for tissue foil, but there i've heard of people using CMC (CarboxyMethyl Cellulose) for that.

I use the cheap Canson and Clairefontaine brand and it works well. It's easier if you buy some fancier tissue paper which doesn't tear when wet but it's not necessary. Maybe the problem is that you don't use enough MC ? What i do is that i glue the first sheet on my window by applying MC on ti with a paintbrush. When the first layer is completely soaked i glue the second layer on the first in the same way. I brush till the second layer is also completely soaked.

I've never had any issue except for minor layer spearations on overworked corners (which you can fix easily with glue).
>>
>>569103
I am sick to fucking almost death by this shit. How come when ever I make it a thread about it this no one responds and all I get is more captchas are wrong. All I want to know of if tinsel worked better with water based color on paint on papora! Google won’t eeven give me right results on forums on its topic. Seriously why have none of hou thought of this yet? All I’m saying is that dice folds are more complicated than deciding what type of paper is best used for box making treats. You’d think that a simple Yes PLEASE will get the job done here on.
>>
>>569156
You alright dude?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.