[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images.jpg (13 KB, 259x194)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
hello-

I'd like to start going to mass but I've never done so before. I've been reading the Bible for a while but now I'd like to start actually attending consistently and get involved with groups. What should I do? how do I find a church, what should I except, what are the rules, etc. I am in Spain, btw

>inb4 troll responses
pls troll somewhere else instead of acting preventing people from turning away from degeneracy
>>
>>185681775
>what should I except
Molestation
>>
>>185682174
fuck off cultureless materialist capitalist jew-slave american burgerfuck scum. fuck you.
>>
File: leo-xiii-immortale-dei.jpg (167 KB, 1760x538)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>185681775
Find a traditional order (SSPX/FSSP/ICK)
>SSPX= Society of St. Pius X
>FSSP= Priestly Fraternity of St. Pius X
>ICK= Institute of Christ the King
If you don't have one nearby, find the closest diocesan traditional Latin mass.
I would not recommend going to any vernacular (vulgar) language mass (Novus Ordo). It is there that you will find the most bizarre shit and questionable doctrine.
>>
File: file.png (19 KB, 624x133)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>185681775
>>185682488
>the rules
When you're in mass, you're there to pray. You're at the foot of the Cross.
It is the time to offer up your sins and sacrifices in union with Christ's eternal sacrifice.
You cannot receive Holy Communion unless you are Catholic; because you must believe as Catholics believe in order to receive so as to not endanger your soul.
>pic related
If it were just a symbol, how can a symbol make one guilty of the Body of the Lord (guilty of His murder) and eat/drink judgement unto oneself?
Speak to the (traditional!!) parish priest about conversion. Read. Study. Learn.
Begin with the writings of the Church Fathers & pre-1960 catechisms.
>old Baltimore catechism (a US one, but good)
>catechism of St. Pius X
>catechism of Trent
Pray hope and don't worry
>>
>>185682488
thank you. much appreciated. God be with you.
>>
>>185682255
Well if your catholic as I am your in a church that is started by the Jews to distort Jesus teachings and speak for the devil. A good portion of priests are pedophiles the pope is a puppet and has his own throne room that looks like he’s speaking from a mouth of a serpent and statue of Jesus being nuked
>>
>>185683590
You're welcome.
The Church is going through a time of cleansing and looks to be a time before persecution because of the sins of hierarchy that don't follow Christ or His Church.
The good will be persecuted along with the bad.
It's gonna get rough.
>>
File: abuse-1.jpg (68 KB, 629x452)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>185683819
>A good portion of priests are pedophiles
You've bought into the Jewish media meme.
The problem is primarily a homosexual problem.
>>
File: 1496154127927.png (80 KB, 500x421)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>185681775
I've been feeling very down lately, feeling disconnected and losing hope and motivation, feeling alone. I seem to have drifted away from the faith and I don't know what to do, as I am a hopeless sinner. Any help would be appreciated, anons. God bless
>>
>>185683896
You’re fucking retarded the catholic church is literal Jewish subversion. Almost all churches fall under this category. You should only follow the teachings of Jesus and nobody else. Mass is retarded another Jewish trick to get money from dumbasses. Your idol that speaks for god has a throne room that looks like a fucking snake how many more clues do you need?
>>
>>185683826
Yes. There is a reason why we have been so targeted historically. i think of the cathedrals that still stand tall and the fact that it has been 2000 years and it gives me hope. the modern order is arbitrary, fragile, and ugly. the spirit is beautiful and eternal and will stand long after every last night club and bar has collaped
>>
>>185683896
Multiple occasions over the decades have a large quantity of priests been busted for pedophilia
>>
There is but one temple on Earth and it is your body
>>
>>185681775
Seeing that you are in Spain, finding a latin mass to attend should be easy.
>>
>>185683954
I have been like this too for a while. it is so blackpilling to see what the west has become. beauty is rare in this place and time, but it is still there, lingering. you should read Origin of Our Ideas of the Sublime and Beautiful, by Edmund Burke. Understanding the Sublime and the Beautiful and how they function together within Faith was very important in my development
>>
>>185683954
It is never too late to turn to the light. Unironically, read the New Testament; Jesus will give you weird pride in strength while he espouses /pol/ approved lessons. Like about how the k*kes are evil and worship the Devil, and how you should sell possessions to buy weapons to fight evil with. But also genuinely inspirational stuff, like the parable of the king returning, saying that all good things you've done for your fellow man, you have done likewise for God himself
>>
File: snek.png (1.44 MB, 1246x630)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>185684085
>>
>>185684452
>>
File: better pic.png (1.46 MB, 1262x620)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>185684485
seems legit
>>
>>185683954
You have great insight and honesty into how things feel for you right now. That is a gift from God who is your eternal loving father.

Jesus felt alone when he was betrayed. The Saints who were martyred by being fed to lions were full of fear and had lost hope too.

You are in mighty company. You are not alone. Carry your cross. Our Father is allowing you to become closer to him by sharing in his passion. You must be very dear to Him.

You must allow this cleansing fire to engulf your soul and purge you of all evil.

Pax
>>
>>185681775
Go and find out, anon. Most churches these days have websites.
What should you expect?
Don't expect anything, really. If it's a good church, you'll fit in and be welcomed quickly. If it's crap, go to another one.
Read your Bible and pray everyday tho.
>>
File: papal3_1_1.jpg (54 KB, 1000x1000)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>185682488
This guy gives good advice, but largely for america. Luckily for you OP, youre in Spain>>185681775. Depending on your location, there are several cathedrals that, due to their provenance and splendor, are unable to get away with the more heretical modernism like small town American parishes. I would recommend, even if it's a vernacular mass, going to one of those cathedrals for mass once. When you enter one as a man of faith, even if youve been in jt before, it is a completely different experience. I recommend a gothic or baroque cathedral just for the provenance

Now on to latin. Your goal should be to one: find a home parish and become Catholic, and two: attend regular mass. Ideally this would be one with a regular tridentine (Latin) mass. Here is a directory i found (although i haven't used this one before) https://www.latinmassdir.org/country/es/
Call the churches or visit. Ask about conversion to the faith and how often or if they say Latin mass. Finally attend a mass, and listen to the sermon. A good priest can make or break a church. Just remember that until you are baptized, you cannot take communion. However you can process with the baptized and instead of receiving communion, cross your arms over your chest (think like a mummy) and receive a blessing instead. Usually the priests who preside over a tridentine church are exceptional. Lastly, while the societies in >>18568248 are good to find a traditional parish, be careful. Not all of them are recognized by the vatican and you can end up somewhere where the priest isnt recognized by the church.
>>
>>185684275
Thanks, will read it. It pains me to see the postmodern designs of so-called "churches" being built, devoid of any objective beauty.

>>185684339
I will have to get my hands on it. I somehow forgot my Bible before I went to college, and that in itself is a bit miserable.

>>185684551
Thank you, that means a lot. I'll be praying for guidance.
>>
>>185683896
848 priests arrested for pedophilia and 3,400 reports of abuse in the last decade.
>>
>>185683954
Many of the most pious saints were the worst of sinners. The Lord is loving and forgiving. Attempt to make a change. Better yourself and your life, pray to God for the strength to overcome your sins, and strive to be better. Finally, seek repentance for your sins and know forgiveness.
>>
>>185684929
You can get the bible as an app on your phone, thats how I read it. It's also better imo since you can digitally save passages
>>
File: Tac3.jpg (1.33 MB, 2560x1561)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>185681775
>>185683954

Here its between YOU and GOD now
https://youtu.be/BBDBW_10q-E
>>
File: 1482495266604.jpg (3.22 MB, 3200x2806)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
>>185685009
I've already broken down in regret many times, because I feel so guilty, and every time I fail again it feels even worse. But thanks for the encouraging words, anon. I will do what I can to improve.

>>185685202
I'll have to check that out, I didn't know apps like that existed.
>>
>>185685641
Regret, guilt, and repentance is most of the battle already. The Lord knows that we are tempted and that we are sinners, he knows that we aren't perfect. Its that guilt that separates the faithful from the nonbeliever. Are you catholic? If so, go to reconciliation, confess your sins, and do the penance. And in your heart strive to avoid it. You WILL sin again, and seek forgiveness again. What matters is that you're truly repentant, and truly trying to stop it. God's love does not diminish, especially when one is trying their best. He knows your struggle, he knows your pain. Those who suffer in the name of the Lord, especially in the face of sin, are elevated in his eyes.

Lastly, this is a good bible website to use
http://www.drbo.org/chapter/47001.htm
The Douay-Rheims translation dates to the 1600s, and is one of the most direct translations from the Latin Vulgate.
>>
File: 1520133412356.jpg (613 KB, 2008x1376)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>185686176
I am not catholic, or not as far as I know anyway. In fact I don't really know what denomination I am. I just know that I used to be an atheist, and then felt the Holy Spirit and have been very guilty for ever having been an atheist in the first place. I think maybe I should go to church, but there are mostly protestant churches here and I don't know how that would be as I've heard mixed things about them.

Besides, there are almost only boomers there, and I'm only 20 so I already feel alienated in a way. Everyone else around my age are partaking in degenerate and hedonistic activites which makes me feel left out. I will take a look at the link you sent, seeing the words written from the 1600's hopefully means that it won't be jewed or tinkered with. Thanks for all the encouragement, it really helps.
>>
>>185681775
So basically you have two types of mass, senpai

>Vernacular (ie in Spanish)
This is the Novus Ordo mass created after Vatican 2. Much shorter and less formal. Boomers love it, trads hate it with a passion

>Tridentine Mass (Latin)
This is the boi you want. It's longer and will take you a while to figure out what's going on, but it really is the pinnacle of Western spirituality imo. This is the mass used in this exact form since the 1500s, and which is only a slight revision of the masses that preceded it for the other 1500 years.

Basically find a Latin mass and just go. Don't take communion if you haven't been baptised, just go and sit and follow as best you can. There are usually missals where yo can follow along
>>
>>185683954
Prayer and mortification, friend.

Go to mass this Sunday (Tridentine pls), and make sure to confess your sins.

In my experience when I'm getting eaten alive by whatevers in my head, some sin is often at the cause of it, it's a kind of self hatred out of shame. Confess it, there are some illnesses no doctor can cure.
>>
>>185682174
Only if he’s a kiddie or a woman. Not true if OP is adult and male.
>>
>>185682488
>SSPX

I'm always confused by their canonical status these days

I think they're in communion but just kind of act like Francis doesn't exist, but need NO clergy to preside over their weddings, some shit like that?
>>
>>185687829
Or a seminarian

All McCarricks abuse was against adults
>>
>>185685641
Julian of Norwich had visions of our Lord that spoke to his desire to help people who fall, they're even more blessed for their efforts to stand back up, no matter how many times they need to do it

Confess, pray, fast.

Read the Imitation of Christ if you haven't, it gives very practical advise, such as that controlling what you eat makes every other urge much easier to control too, or that if you can just learn to control the easiest, lightest urges, you get the key to stopping them from becoming bigger sins
>>
>>185681775
Just go to your nearest church and ask. They tend to be friendly and helpful. I'm an atheist but I believe in freedom of choice so I'm not actually anti religion. Seems to make a lot of people happy, just not for me though.
>>
File: 1536190631556.jpg (161 KB, 1200x1026)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>185688268
>>185687714

Thank you for your advice, I will look into the Imitations for guidance. There are no catholic churches around my area sadly, but I try to confess privately to Him. I end up crying every time.
>>
>>185687278
To feel guilt for not believing is natural, but not completely necessary. What matters isnt that you didn't believe, but that you believe now. St. Paul was a nonbeliever, and even persecuted the church, but when his belief grew and was one of the first saints in the church. A nonbeliever coming to the faith is exalted over one who was born into it. Much like the prodigal son you are alive again. Do not feel despair for what you've done and your sins, but excitement in knowing that your conversion elevated you in the eyes of God. Follow through with this conversion, get baptised. I recommend the Catholic church, even if it's hard for you to find. I have to drive over an hour to get to my church, but it's worth it. If you believe that your actions have consequences (which they do, see Revelations) you already are more Catholic than you'd expect. Seek a formal conversion and baptism. Baptism washes away your sins and the sins of the world, and strengthens you with the holy spirit.
>>
File: 1520133944827.jpg (973 KB, 2000x1485)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
>>185689965
I hadn't really thought about the incident with st. Paul, that makes a lot of sense now that you mention it. We get baptised as a kid in Norway, or at least most people do, but I don't know if one is to do it again.

After looking around, it turns out that there actually is a catholic church in the city I'm studying, I had no idea. Can you just walk right in? I've never really done that, so I'm very new to all of it.
>>
>>185691334
Yes. Walk right in, explain that youre thinking about joining the church. If they have a website or phone number, call ahead and ask in order to streamline the process. If you were baptised as a child, no matter the denomination, tell them that too, you will get confirmed into the church instead if you choose to join the faith. You can still attend mass even without being a catholic, you just can't receive communion. If you are able to, look for a tridentine or latin mass around, if not, that's ok. Any catholic church is still good! Sometimes they keep pamphlets at the entrance for joining the church. If not, just keep asking around and they'll point you in the right direction. Welcome to the faith, whatever path you choose, accepting Christ into your heart has immeasurable value that I'm sure you'll come to see soon enough.
>>
File: 1482374382975.jpg (722 KB, 3200x2150)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
>>185692369
Thanks a lot for all your information and time, anon. I will take it to heart, it's been really helpful. God bless!
>>
>>185692901
As a catholic, I would like to add that you should avoid novus ordo mass. Search up on YouTube, novus ordo mass Vs tridentine mass. Tridentine mass is the original latin mass. There is an abundance of novus ordo masses that are watered down versions of a mass.
>>
>>185693736
I will have to check what they are practicing in the church in my area, but I'm not too keen on taking part in a (((modern))) version of the mass.
>>
>>185689965
>Baptism washes away your sins and the sins of the world,
No, this is non-Biblical and Catholics do. It practice immersion in water - Baptism. Catholics also “Baptise” children.
Jesus was baptized by John (the Baptist), yet John knew Jesus was without sin. Jesus did this to show us how to demonstrate an outward profession of faith and to incorporate washing of the earthly spirit as you are washed in the blood of the lamb, spirirually, when you accept Jesus as your savior, believing that He is the Son of God, that he was crucified, died, arose on the third day, and ascended into Heaven shortly thereafter; and He will return as King to rule.
>>
>>185689965
>St. Paul
Paul = First in Rome. You believe Simon Peter founded the Catholic church, yet it’s not in the Bible as such.
>>
This place is not your personal blog. If you wanna go, go. If you don't want to go don't go. Imagine asking anonyous people on the internet for advice.
>>
>>185695424
>practicing
The traditions of men. They are perpetuating fraud in the name of God. Explain worldwide sexual predation within the Catholic church. Explain how the papacy, “Pope,” was a bought and paid for position, and, who is to say it is no longer the case. Jesus is the only way, belief in Jesus, of the Heavenly Father, not an earthly “Father,” and especially not one who values “climate change” as the most daunting problem facing the world and the Catholic church.

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.”
Matthew 7:7-8 King James Version( KJV)

Beware “modern” translations of the Bible, as they are copywritten for a reason, i.e., shekels and deception. You can’t go wrong with the King James Version, and be it known the “King” did not translate the KJV, as it was a committee of the greatest scholars, linguists, specialized in many languages that were assembled to bring forth the definitive English language version. inb4 Catholics - Latin... check out “The English Hexapla,” and “The Hexapla,” both found online for free. Verse above related. Peace.
>>
>>185682255
Anon, if you join the Catholic church, participate, and/or give money to it, are you not complicit in its crimes against humanity? Please see my other posts. Godspeed. Peace.
>>
>>185682174
fpbp

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.