[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pol/ - Politically Incorrect


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.




Why is the general public so opposed to nuclear energy? Why do 'green' parties across Europe so vehemently oppose it?
>>
>>309389075
Because
>muh nuclear waste
>>
>>309389181
Just fucking dump it in a hole in Siberia or something
>>
Because the operational costs are so low that you get close to free electricity. Free energy isn't good for the goyim.
>>
>>309389075
Well us westerners are fine with it, we just don't trust decaying and totalitarian regimes like Russia from using it, since there is so much corruption that we can't trust that nuclear power plants would be safely operated (see Chernobyl). Nuclear power would be fine if we could trust it in the hands of the bad actors of the world, which we can't.
>>
>>309389075
Chernobyl, nukes and the hazardous waste.

It's a damn shame really, nuclear power would literally solve all our problem when it comes to lowering our carbon footprint.
>>
>>309389075
Well, not only can it lead to horrific disasters, but nuclear waste stays deadly for thousands of years.
>>
>>309389468
>Horrific disasters
Hydropower has killed more people than nuclear
>>
Did you know there are no nuclear weapons and bombs at all? Just another lie to the sheeps to make them afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSMk2IzK2o&ab_channel=ElsaAnnaArendelle
>>
>>309389468
>nuclear waste stays deadly for thousands of years
You realise we mine the radioactive fuel out of the ground? We can put the waste back when we're done. Easy.
>>
>>309389075
Retarded island chinks also built some on heavy seismic activity land.
I'm sure there's safety protocols and whatever, but they fucked up and now nuclear power is softbanned in the ring of fire.
>>
File: 1613597315922.jpg (244 KB, 1000x938)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>309389075
Honestly boomers started the panic over nuclear after three mile Island (where no one died) and the subsequent movie "the China syndrome" in which the dumbest possible explanation of a meltdown in human history is given. Couple that with the disastrous reposnse of the communists to chernobyl (who knew dumping millions of lbs of concrete on radioactive material was a bad idea?) And add to that the hype over Fukushima (again, where no one died) and you come to the present. Everyone is terrified of nuclear energy even though it's the cheapest, most plentiful and cleanest energy source we have. It's to be expected though, the U.S. has a tendency to completely ruin something that is good and beneficial. Just look at our women.
>>
>>309389075
Ya why the fuck are we messing wit windmills when we can just use nuclear
>>
>>309389075
As soon as politicians get involved they deliberately cut funding, put off upgrades and fixes. That way when something happens to it and makes a giant nuclear aids mess they go
>Ermahgerd da Nooclear bad bad poo poo
>This is turrible we should've never left coal and natural gas
The jew can't make money off nuclear so they sabbotage it
>>
>>309389075
Because big oil shills against it and normies fall for it since they can't into nuclear physics.
>>
>>309390417
Honestly in the long run(and I mean long long run) wind turbines are obviously safer, but as >>309389854 said burying the waste isn't as difficult as most make it out to be.
>>
>>309390099
The earthquake didn't even harm it, it was the fact that they built it at sea level.
>>
>>309389075
Waste. It will be a problem in 50 years
>>
>>309389075
>Why do 'green' parties across Europe so vehemently oppose it?
frankfurt school
they want western civilization to collapse
>>
>>309389075
Because they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>309390469
This, we had a nuclear plant near my town that was built in the 70s, it was slated to be modernized in the early 2000s but due to obamas fetish of windmills they canceled the update, decommissioned the reactor, and layed off 200 people. A plant that never had a single safety issue was taken offline simply becuse democrats don't want people to have cheap energy because that decreases their need for government.
>>
File: images (41).jpg (42 KB, 667x460)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>309389075
You barbarians should take the hydropill
>>
>>309389181
It's not just the nuclear waste, it's where you store it.

Everyone wants the power but no one wants the storage liability. Waste storage is a "race to the bottom" industry -- the cheaper you can store the waste, the more money you make. That's why you have so many companies in charge of waste disposal doing the bare minimum to treat and properly dispose of the waste. ie Toms River, Love Canal, Champion Paper, Flint, Cincinnati, etc.
>>
>>309389075
because normalfags believe whatever the media tells them, and the media told them that nuclear power is scary and will make them grow a second head.
>>
File: Nuclear_Retard_Twitter.jpg (826 KB, 1125x1799)
826 KB
826 KB JPG
>>309389075
Unironically fucking pic related.
>>
>>309391327
I would be far more concerned about nuclear stations being military targets than one melting down.
>>
>>309389075
Because idiots are scared of what they don't understand
>>
>>309389075
It's not.
And those who are, huge amounts of globohomo propaganda
The same type also believe that fossils bad and that climate change is men-caused.
Just lock them in mental facilities.
>>
>>309389075
Because they have to hire niggers, nigger involvement is always an indicator of imminent catastrophic failure.
>>
File: 1611091011678.jpg (57 KB, 720x707)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Because deep down inside we all know how stupid we are on an individual level and dont trust other humans to operate Hiroshima factories.
>>
>>309389075
because they're retarded shills who listen to other people who tell them lies to prop up industries that they have investments in

if a government or corporation is about wind and solar, its because they stand to make money from wind a solar, thats the point of a business, not to spread social awareness or mommy/daddy every pathetic faggot in society
>>
Because the plants will be ran at the lowest common denominator due to budget constraints and will be in right shape soon causing a big problems. It's not the nuclear power that's the truth, but the facilities and people who finance it.
>>
File: images (40).jpg (20 KB, 640x480)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>309391631
Goyim should read on the UN Sustainability Goals
>>
>>309389075
Fukushima

>"Oh, it's totally safe, don't be a panic-monger, it's so safe, it's completely totally safe, nothing bad will ever happen!"

Fuck your mother.
>>
>>309389075
Because it's not about being "green" it's about forcing you to live in a low energy society with restricted movement and freedoms.
>>
>>309389075
This faggot.
>>
>>309391654
Weaponizing nuke plants is more difficult than you think
>>
>>309389075
Hmmm because foreign governments don't want Americans to have infrastructure.

Why do you think they bomb the power facilities first before an invasion starts? They are literally shutting them down without even bombing them.
>>
File: Candu 3.jpg (2.33 MB, 5016x3054)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>309389468
Modern reactors don't melt down
>>
>>309389075
Thank you for raising the gamma radiation levels in everything on Earth and also thank you for Fukushima and the constant leaking reactors spewing radiation poisoning us all daily.
So clean so good!
>>
>>309389468
What about all the "can do" regarding solar and wind? The message I get is we can go ahead and stop building pipelines and cutting off our ability to produce fossil fuels relying on the fact that the deficiencies in wind and solar will be overcome by our certain need to triumph and solve these problems. But nuclear is impossible forever the problems can't be solved!
>>
>>309389331
>russia
>chernobyl
burgers amiright
>>
>>309391830
Fukushima was an ancient reactor design that should have been retired 25 years ago.
>>
>>309391998
I belive he meant it as in the plants being purposefully destroyed by burgers (while blaming it on "terrorists") to cause as much damage as possible to an enemy nation
>>
>>309392149
Ukraine is Russia
>>
>>309392156
Too bad there are many more of the same build "GE" along the fault line in the US.
>>
>>309389075
>Why is the general public so opposed to nuclear energy?
because it provides a reliable source of electricity. This electricity can be used for industrial processes, which pollute the environment. Greens are only interested in unreliable wind and solar that makes industrial activity impossible. For example, a paper mill had to temporarily shut down in Sweden due to the wild swings in electricity prices.
The greens work for soros who works for china.
>>
>>309392187
Correct.
>>
>>309391830
How many people died at Fukushima?
>>
>>309392045
>Nothing bad could happen
>We have all of these moving parts that couldn't possibly fail to protect us and properly paid humans who are not prone to error

Are you in charge or TX energy infrastructure?
>>
>>309389075
The libs are against it because it removes their entire grift. Anyone serious about conservation wants nuclear energy.
>>
>>309389075
Because it's not profitable you retard so people are bing memed into it being dangerous.

>>309391830
The Fukushima disaster was caused by external factors, not because the plant itself was faulty. Had those retards built dams to stop the tsunami from flooding in it would've never happened.
Also all the deaths were caused by the tsunami, not by radiation.
But oh noes politicians around the world used it as an excuse to label nuclear energy dangerous and bad.
Germany then closed down all its nuclear power plants in response and started mining brown coal again, which is the single most harmful and deadly form of energy for both the environment and humans alike.
It's all political bullshit and lies. Fuck these cunts and fuck uneducated retards such as yourself.
>>
>>309392149
russia of today is 99% the soviet union in terms of leadership style and censorship
>>
>>309392510
How does one stop a 130ft tsunami
>>
>>309392653
A really big wall maybe?
>>
>>309392653
Nuke it or something
>>
>>309392653
Honestly Japan probably shouldn't have nuclear reactors at all, unless they're far inland enough that the tsunami risk is almost naught
>>
>>309392268
Yes it disgusts me we aren't replacing them with your CANDU reactors. Most reactors in the US are way past their due date. It's a joke.
>>
>>309392444
Only 1, but that won't stop the Fukushima fearporn he's promoting.
>>
>>309392456
CANDU failure modes don't involve a melt down.
>>
>>309392510
lmao why did Germany shut down their plants because the Japs got hit by a tsunami
>>
File: deltawerken.jpg (53 KB, 1120x700)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>309392653
Nigga I live 7 meters below sea level. Figure something out. I thought you Japs were supposed top be masters of engineering.
>>
File: unnamed (2).jpg (60 KB, 358x512)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>309392696
>>309392700
>>
>>309392905
politics
>>
File: Fukushima_Disaster.png (59 KB, 1207x865)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>309392444
>I assume you mean radiation deaths.
1.
https://ourworldindata.org/what-was-the-death-toll-from-chernobyl-and-fukushima
>>
File: cs.jpg (47 KB, 333x500)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>309389075
It's their fault. Hollywood scared everyone with their bullshit.
>>
>>309389075
Because it's actual green energy, and "green parties" never actually want to find solutions to problems.
>>
>>309389075
Jew propaganda
>>
>>309392915
When was the last time the Netherlands was hit by an earthquake and ensuing tsunami?
>>
>>309391574

You could feed nuclear waste to infants, and it'd still kill less than the air polution caused from coal plants.
>>
>>309393166
>defending retarded japs for building a nuclear power plant on the jap coast out in the open with no protection from quakes or the sea whatsoever
>>
File: 1610937548033.jpg (88 KB, 1024x535)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>
>>309389075
Successful brainwashing by the coal industry.
Big coal invested billions in "green" parties to say nuclear is worse than coal.
>>
File: LFTR.jpg (61 KB, 616x547)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>309389075
Social engineering, fear-mongering, over-regulation, special interest and corporate greed, a profound ignorance of the average person, etc.

Most people aren't aware of it, but nuclear energy is already the safest form of energy production in history by a wide margin (including Chernobyl and Fukushima). We now have the technology to build liquid salt reactors (as one example) that can't meltdown, even if they are suddenly abandoned by humans while running at full power. Green supporting people should love nuclear energy but most of them don't for grossly fallacious reasons. It's quite silly.

The entirety of all the nuclear waste from energy production in all of human history COMBINED can fit into a warehouse the size of a football field. Most people seem to think it takes massive expanses of land and that the amount of waste is truly enormous. Not to mention, we now have the technology to build nuclear plants that produce waste with a radically shorter half-life of which can also be used to power spacecraft (i.e. satellites, probes, etc).

People are stupid is the gist of the whole issue.
>>
>>309392149
You might be too young for this, but when I was in school the Soviet Union was a thing, and Ukraine was part of it. And Russia managed it during Chernobyl.
>>
>>309393365
Yea no protections from the sea or isolated buildings or anything
>>
>>309392510
>Had those retards built dams to stop the tsunami from flooding in it would've never happened.

They did build dams.
Just nog high enough to stop a once in 10.000 year tsunami.
Our dams and dikes are also not high enough for a once in 10.000 year storm surge.
>>
>>309389075
Because it'll be about 5 years before neo-Marxists infiltrate nuclear energy and replace safety training with bullshit about systemic racism
>>
>>309389075
Because then there would be no way to justify the existence of niggers.
>>
>>309393005
I am fairly sure "evacuation stress" was made up just to create some kind of death toll after all the media hype.
Anyone who died of old age or other natural causes was probably put down as "evacuation stress" right?
>>
>>309389075
>Why is the general public so opposed to nuclear energy?

Lots of people are mentioning good reasons like Oil Companies and successful Public Hysteria campaigns, so I'll mention one of the more 'practical' reasons:
Nuclear power plants are really expensive. They're really expensive, they produce VAST quantities of very inexpensive energy (so it takes ages to get your money back), and they take +5 years or so to build. They're also a source of energy where cutting corners is absolutely fucking 100% forbidden because if you fuck up the consequences are extremely dire. So put all of these together and private companies/jews/globalists/ are intimidated and frightened by Nuclear Power.
>>
>>309389331
Ah yes that horrible nuclear accident that ultimately only resulted in 50 deaths and localized contamination.
>>
>>309394307
>>
File: basedcheck.jpg (8 KB, 300x300)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>309390253
unfathomably based and red pilled
>>
>>309389075
>if something goes wrong, it is immediately very serious. Nuclear power plants in the middle of inhabited area are like the sword of Damocles
>what to do with nuclear waste over the next decades, centuries and millennia
I'm not sure if the position of the green parties is coherent, but I would prefer there were no nuclear power plants
>>
>>309393910
>10m elevation
It was that low? That's fucking dumb when earthquakes can reach into the 9's.
>>
>>309393910
>13m max
It's like they made no effort.
>>
>>309389632
This, hydro dams are ecological disasters that have caused more damage to the environment than just about any other form of power production
>>
>>309394341
>Nuclear power plants are really expensive.

True, but they are mostly expensive because they keep banning older, proven designs that they know how to build.
Newer designs are even safer, but old designs are already plenty safe.
And every new design cost a shitload in R&D and it takes a few builds before the whole construction process is ironed out.

If the world adopted nuclear power en masse the cost per plant would plummet.
>>
>>309389075
fukushima solved their nuclear waste problem by dillution
>>
>>309394307
Not for me to speculate on. The tsunami by itself was bad enough. Point is directly attributable deaths = 1 and faggots that hate on nuke are cock suckers.
>>
>>309392510
i heard it was because the plant was old and they had no way of stopping it after they like skipped a step in the procedure or something. It's been a while so I forgot the details.
>>
>>309389075
"That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear."
>>
>>309395024
There is no nuclear waste problem.
We put all our nuclear waste on display along with works of art, open to the public (except currently closed due to corona).
>>
>>309395106
General Electric's plans called for the back up generators to be located in the basement. Basement flooded.
>>
>>309395106
The plant had a built in failsafe system which shuts everything down when it detects an earthquake. This disables the entire electricity grid which triggers the backup diesel generators to keep the pumps running to keep the reactor cool. This all worked fine for the first few minutes.
Trouble is the tsunami rushed in a bit later and flooded the place, including the diesel generators which stopped working, meaning the pumps that were supposed to cool the core also stopped which lead to overheating and eventually the meltdown.
>>
>>309395570
The point is that plant design was ancient and you dumb nips should have retired it 25 years go.
>>
>>309395524
dillution
>>
you guys say this shit is good but people live in bumble fuck

you don't want an expensive ass plant that requires smart people in the middle of bumble fuck

versus
some guy jus pulling fan blades up with a crane
>>
>>309389075
>Did you know there are no nuclear weapons and bombs at all? Just another lie to the sheeps to make them afraid.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSMk2IzK2o&ab_channel=ElsaAnnaArendelle
>>
>>309389075
Did you know there are no nuclear weapons and bombs at all? Just another lie to the sheeps to make them afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqSMk2IzK2o&ab_channel=ElsaAnnaArendelle
>>
>>309395959
>mutt thinking he's in a position to criticize others
You fags still insist on building those flimsy garden sheds you call houses in common disaster areas. Hell, never mind the flint water crisis and Texans having no running water and having to burn their furniture to keep warm because you have no functioning basic infrastructure.
lmao
>>
>>309389075
>>309396112
related, I just analysed the impossibility of Switzerland forgoing Nuclear
>>
>>309395570
>>309395866
damn I was completely wrong, I must have mixed it up with another event. Thanks for clarifying.
>>
>>309395106
>i heard it was because the plant was old and they had no way of stopping it

The reactors were already shut down.

The problem is even shut down reactors still generate a lot of heat.
It's only like 0.1% the heat of an active reactor (and gets less and less over time), but that's still significant and needs to be removed.

They are 2nd generation reactors, which means they need active cooling.
Without electricity they can't be cooled so the fuel rods will eventually melt (a "meltdown") damaging the reactor beyond repair (but not causing any serious health risk since it's all contained in a very thick concrete containment building)

3rd and 4th generation reactors can be passively cooled.
So they won't suffer a meltdown even if the power goes out.
>>
>>309389075
I think they are scared of the very rare meltdown. Idk. Seems like it doesnt happen very much.
>>
File: 1612863966993.jpg (32 KB, 960x642)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>309389075
Hollywood
>>
>>309389075
the long term consequences are not worth the short term solution.

the price is to high.
>>
>>309396936
>long term consequences are not worth the short term solution
Nigger you're retarded. Once you get a plant up and running it'll provide energy for at least a century, for free.
>long term consequences
What do you mean? Nuclear waste? Just launch it into space lmao.
>>
>>309397142
yeah idk why we don't just launch all that waste into the sun or something
>>
>>309395866
Another problem was the rest of the grid was taken down by the tsunami.
As were communication lines.

So they couldn't power the cooling pumps externally or call the fire department to have them drop water from helicopters (like they did later on)

Even so the damage was only material.
The environment is doing fine and at most one person died from radiation.
>>
>>309397312
Its too expensive for the time being but we're well on our way to commercializing space flight and makig it cheaper thanks to dudes like Elon Musk and Richard Branson so it should be very viable in the future.
>>
>>309389075
Because they won't need that much energy for the upcoming model of the new world after the reset.
>>
>>309389235
>Because the operational costs are so low
They arent low you fucking moron. Take 1t of nuclear waste and see how much you will have to pay for storing this shit for 120years or more plus covering natural dmg and following court cases of health/live loss.
There is thorium but THAT is being kept in shadows exacly because of your reason.
>>
>>309390843
enjoy not having birds
>>
>>309392510
retard toothpase, put that graph along time axis. We have coal for 10k years, nuke for 100.
>>
>>309397461
musks rockets exploded so much that biden pulled the plug
>>
>BUT IT CREATES WASTE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1556074534199.jpg (94 KB, 750x851)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>309389181
Ignorance is the main reason and manipulation from ass holes that tell you lies about nuclear.

There is so much more info that no one here actually understands nuclear the most any of you fuck wits have an idea is from cartoons and jew media.
>>
File: 9xUQzvA.jpg (324 KB, 805x5208)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>309389468
>>
>>309390740
Fuel combustion companies are why, ironically.
>>
>>309397855
Do you understand that coal waste is fucking rock and dirt? We made a fucking snowboard atraction and a lake from our coal mine. Pls tell me what have you made with glowing cancer sluge?
>>
>>309389181
>nuclear waste
Literally, a non-issue.
see: https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/5-fast-facts-about-spent-nuclear-fuel#:~:text=Used%20nuclear%20fuel%20can%20be,of%20operation%20in%20a%20reactor.
>>309389075
To answer your question potato-anon, media induced fear and frenzy because of Chernobyl and Fukushima, and miseducation wherein they believe a nuclear meltdown is tantamount to a full on thermonuclear detonation.
>>
File: Nemty73.jpg (123 KB, 644x832)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>309390843
>>
>>309397733
You must be some special kind of retard.
>>309397798
Sure, development costs tons of money. Especially when designing rockets.
>>
File: 1614015809229.jpg (26 KB, 448x270)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>309389075
Because green partys dont care about the environment, they simply want to use the issue as a vehicle for socialism
Nuclear is an actual solution so they hate it

Notice how green partys all across the world support mass immigration and the reality of mass immigration is destroying the environment to build more houses + the increase in emissions that results in moving someone from a country with low emissions per capita to a 1st world nation with high emissions per capita

The greens are red
>>
>>309389331
> we just don't trust decaying and totalitarian regimes
Like the western governments?
>>
>>309398101
>https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/5-fast-facts-about-spent-nuclear-fuel#:~:text=Used%20nuclear%20fuel%20can%20be,of%20operation%20in%20a%20reactor.
>The United States does not currently recycle used nuclear fuel but foreign countries, such as France, do.
Pls dont hit yourself Bob.
>>
>>309397855
Meanwhile China has 46 reactors and the US continues to fall behind...
>>
>>309395959
>that plant design was ancient and you dumb nips should have retired it 25 years go.

Your country has equally "ancient" nuclear plants.
As does mine (and below sea level for extra bonus).

They are perfectly fine.
At the most they might suffer a meltdown in extreme conditions like 0.5inch of snow in Texas, but TMI and Fukushima have shown meltdowns aren't dangerous to humans or the environment.

The only real dangerous situation is a run away reactor, like what happened in Chernobyl.
But that can't happen to the water moderated reactors we use in the western world, only to graphite moderated reactors like RBMK.
>>
>>309398153
>You must be some special kind of retard.
Nah just at work so reading fast. Still
>hypothetical
>6 milion
>>
>>309389075
Nuclear energy is the future, but the western world decided to regress.
>>
File: jF3Dy3v.jpg (95 KB, 485x960)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>309398099
Fact that tech doesn't stop advancing and we are able to start putting used nuclear waste back into plants for more energy. Also glowing slug you just proved my point that you honestly don't know what waste is and take this from the god damn simpsons like the fucking cuck you are.
>>
>>309397710
Lol this, people don't understand how many birds die to both windmills and solar farms. These things are fucking death traps to any flying animal.
>>
>>309398099
Clean power that can keep your entire country's lights on for 300 years and give you fresh air to breathe
>>
>>309398372
That's becuse the USA hasn't built a new nuclear plant since the 70s. They pretty much killed nuclear in this country 50 years ago.
>>
>>309397312
>why we don't just launch all that waste into the sun or something

It takes a stupid amount of energy to launch things into the sun.
Probably more than you generated creating the waste.

Plus it's a complete non-issue.
The vast majority decays in a couple of centuries.
And what's left is an absolutely tiny amount and has other uses like in cancer treatment and space exploration so we'll WANT to hold on to it.
>>
>>309389075
because it'd actually solve the problem as opposed to siphon off funds indefinitely
>>
>>309393910
is that supposed to be a barrier? its terrible
>>
>>309398848
but you can feed a family of 6 if you live near one.
>>
>>309398101
Not currently recycling ≠ cannot ever recycle.
All that is preventing the US from recycling is investing the necessary reactors to utilize the waste fuel.
>>
>>309397312
right idiot. hasnt every musk rocket blown up?
you could use the money to build 4th gen reactors that generate almost no waste
>>
Green parties with their talk of limiting population and immigration, cutting back consumption, and preserving northern biomes (they never talk about Southern Hemisphere biomes) are some of the most powerful champions of white supremacy because they are covert in their advocacy for maintaining white power.

Greens oppose nuclear power, not because it isn’t safe, but because they are against POC running them. They think it will be a Chernobyl every other day if we build nuclear plants because brown people aren’t smart enough to maintain them.
>>
>>309389075
STEAM RUINS THE ENVIRONMENT
>>
>>309399592
Show me an an environmentalist and I will show you a racist (because they are all white - get it?)
>>
>>309398787
I agree tech is advancing, sadly it dosnt work that way or we would be on moon colony at this time. Our tech jumps are geting smaller and smaller. As for sluge its figure of speach, try not to be a literally retard. Nukes have the same problem allmost all of our power sources have, we waste 90% of fuel in to making things we dont want or are left with not spent byproduct we have to process or we just burn money.

Im all in for clean energy but there is no way in hell that it will be ever posible to have with kikes at the top.
>>
>>309389075
It seems to shift a little here, biomass (american wood cut from forrest, burned in a 'dutch oven') has sparked outrage, even amongst the greenest people. And thats were the whole green plan floated on.
>>
>>309398997
Why? You have growing pop, you need energy.
>>
>>309399771
>Our tech jumps are geting smaller and smaller
We honestly need another world war if we want to see any significant jumps in tech in s short time.
>>
>>309399592
>Green parties with their talk of limiting population and immigration,
Literally never happens, The greens in the UK for example are PRO mass immigration
>>
>>309399926
America has huge amounts of natural gas.
More than they can use.

Natural gas killed their coal mining towns, but don't tell any Trumptards that.
>>
>>309389075
Ignorance and because fukishima and Chernobyl
>>
>>309399926
USA is heavily betting on oil. They have enough oil reserves to become completely energy independent and are still building fracking plants and off-shore drilling platforms.
Most of USA's production and jobs are in the oil industry too so you can't switch over to nuclear energy within a day, it's just not viable.
>>
>>309399941
Or just get in to vatican/pentagon vaults and get Tesla/egipt tech. With all the reading about electro magnetism ect flowing trough our planet Im suprised we dont build each new building as a fucking conductor and gather all that free sun juice.
>>
>>309392149
>soviet union
You are a fucking retard
>>
>>309400046
>>309400195
But why do you need to switch if you have plenty of gas/oil? I mean you could diversify for strategic security and future improvments. But you dont build well when you live 10m form river, unless you are preper and belive gods have nasty sense of humor.
>>
>>309389075
I love the idea of building nuclear weaponry. The by-product of electricity is just an added benefit.
>>
>>309399330
Lol
>>
>>309399982
Hence why I said they are covert. If they come out and say “ sink the boat people” they would be pilloried so instead it’s “oh yes, immigration is fine but we need to stop population growth (abort black babies) and limit urban sprawl (keep blacks locked in debt spiral of the urban living work-rent debt cycle as a underclass to whites who can live outside the urban zones and “enjoy nature” (POC free zones - when was the last time you ever saw black hikers or campers? Green space is White space)

That you can not see how supremacist green parties are shows how imbibed you are to systems of White power. The whole movement was founded by conservative white men who wanted to maximize amd codify their capitalist/white power fantasies.
>>
>>309391469
Not sure if serious. Putting dams in rivers destroys ecosystems, offsetting the whole purpose of "green" alternatives.
>>
>>309391574
It's almost like you can use nuclear waste in smaller reactors, but we don't have any because retards stand in the way of real progress.
>>
Because: “What do you do with the waste?”
>>
>>309390253
Succinct.
>>
>>309400849
Ecofacists and mainstream greenpartys are diametrically opposed, the green partys you see on tv are pro globohomo, they're communists, they arent secretly based, they're the enemy
>>
>>309400653
>you could diversify
Yes, trouble is you need to find parties who are willing to invest in said diversification but as there is no money to be made in nuclear energy no party is willing to comply.
Fossil fuels are just far more profitable.
>>
>>309389075
Because of the exaggerated Chernobyl incident.
>>
>>309401300
At it's peak 70 rontgen was measured, it's basically nothing.
>>
>>309399330
kek
>>
>>309401579
Spread some mycelium. Watch the mushrooms grow sucking up the waste. Harvest mushrooms to remove the waste. Problem solved.
>>
>>309391469
Like the other guy said you just end up fucking up fisheries. Dams are horrible for the animals that live in rivers
>>
>>309389075
Because most of the public knows next to nothing about physics.

Because it would fix the problem, that they depend on.
>>
>>309401300
>Because of the exaggerated Chernobyl incident.
At the same time generation of men who were at puberty at the time of incident have higher rate of having daughters then any other.
Source: my 3 brothers and all of their frens from primarchy school.
>>
We used to pour oil and waste into the ocean, thinking "dilution was the solution to polution". The answer to what happens to the inevitable waste from nuclear energy had not been found. All models where nuclear solutions work depend on things working perfectly and indefinatly. The consequences of nuclear gone wrong are terrible and, given enough time, inevitable. That's the opposition.
>>
>>309389075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciStnd9Y2ak
this ted talk covers it pretty well in my opinion, we've been lied once again by the media and the politicians. Nuclear energy is the way to go
>>
>>309389075
>Why is the general public so opposed to nuclear energy?
Either because the general public is expert in nuclear physics and its aplications and has done its research and concluded that nuclear energy can't be trusted.

OR the Jews lied to them and they bought it.

Hard to decide?
>>
>>309393869
do you think public opinion will sway over time? I can't find a reason not to other than keeping arabs interests fullfilled
>>
>>309389075
Probably because of Uranium mining and disasters like chernobyl and fukushima really scared them
>>
>>309402979
99.9999% of oil in the ocean is there naturally . Crude is always venting into the ocean.
What we need is more of those new ships that convert floating garbage back into petro
>>
>>309394594
>but I would prefer there were no nuclear power plants
what's the reason behind that anon? The entire thread has some red-pilled posts about it that you certainly can't overlook
>>
>>309402979
>The answer to what happens to the inevitable waste from nuclear energy had not been found.
fuck off shitposting leaf. New Gen4 reactors have almost no waste
>>
>>309389075
>General public
You mean why are politicians paid so much to prevent nuclear energy projects?
>>
>>309389181
You can literally store it on site, now. It produces practically no waste volume so you can hold that shit in a few super sturdy silos basically forever.

>>309389075
Because the elites decided to make it unpopular.
>>
>>309389075
NUCLEAR ENERGY
SO CLEAN AND PURE
YOUR IGNORANCE IS A DISGRAAACCE
>>
>>309398101
>fear and frenzy because of Chernobyl and Fukushima
>"miseducation"
yes goy, containment wall breaches are no big deal
>>
>>309403781
I doubt public opinion will sway much in almost any western country. China on the other hand, for example, seems to look at nuclear power much more fondly. Nuclear power should be far more extensive than it is now and should be a central part of what can be considered a boot loader until we achieve beneficial fusion power plants. "Clean renewables" should obviously still play somewhat of a role, but their usefulness is often radically exaggerated to the point of sheer absurdity.
>>
>>309404327
I will read up on gen4 because I represent the everyday man and have no idea what differences there are in nuclear technology. This stuff is not presented to everyday people, so unless someone is actively searching for this info it is not obvious.
>>
One of the first targets of the 60s-era "green" movement (once socialist revolutionaries had largely displaced the authentic conservationists) was nuclear power. Their agenda was (and still is) energy starvation, as a strategic step toward their revolutionary objective of destabilizing the capitalist system.

The old-school, socialist "green" movement was always steeped in misanthropy and Malthusian catastrophism. Despite some rebranding in recent years, the only solutions truly on offer are the ones that "green" socialists have been pushing all along -- energy starvation and human depopulation.

For anyone who cares about human potential, this prescription is precisely backwards. The "green" hucksterism should of course be attacked relentlessly -- including and especially the decarbonization meme that has directly led to so much of this nuttiness. But the reason why "green" activists aren't marching in support of nuclear is that, in the final analysis, they care far more about their own power over the fate of mankind than they do about carbon.

The single greatest threat to the future of humanity is totalitarian rule. A global scientific dictatorship may be ushered in on the back of "green" appeals (perhaps if virus panic doesn't work out). But once established, it will carry out far greater abuses to the planet, its ecology, and its human population than our idle minds could easily conjure.
>>
>>309397495
>There is thorium but THAT is being kept in shadows exacly because of your reason.

Yup.

The only path forward that preserves both human freedom and planetary ecology is a civilization powered by abundant energy, but with industrial processes (including agriculture) carried out under a high degree of caution regarding the use and disposal of chemical pollutants and toxins of all kinds.

Beyond this, humanity requires an organizing principle to achieve a form of collective action greater than merely enslaving ourselves or reselling each other the scraps of earlier endeavors. Self-abnegation obviously won't do. Instead, we must recognize as profound gifts the light of consciousness and our own human agency -- and commit ourselves to the project of spreading self-awareness to every corner of the Milky Way galaxy.

In the (relative) near term, by moving our industrial base out into the solar system, together with the vast majority of human habitations, we may well achieve the dream of turning Earth into a garden world or ecological preserve.

But until we have fully escaped their reach, we would do well to fastidiously ignore all those who would see the destruction of human lives as a boon.
>>
>>309404121
Safety and responsibility towards future generations, basically. Let's say however that we continue to trust our luck that the plants can be safely operated in developed countries for the time being and will not pose an immediate threat. Will this still be the case even in 20 years from now, or 50 years from now, with all the changes to society that we are witnessing. Even if we have perfect plans for the management of nuclear waste, will those plans still be carried out 50, 100 or 200 years from now. After a big enough cataclysm, future generations may not even be aware of where nuclear waste from a hundred years ago is being stored.
>>
File: 1613654658023s.jpg (2 KB, 125x118)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>309398099
>glowing

where are your handlers
>>
>>309405189
Not really. Radiation doesn't transmit through water. In fact if you went swimming in a reactor pool you'd get less radiation than you would standing outside of the pool.
>>
>>309389075
Petrodollar.
>>
>>309407069
Oh cool we can just build cities and towns under the water and live like aquamen in the future when shit goes bad with nuclear energy
>>
>>309407069
Correct, mostly. It's not that radiation doesn't travel through water, it's that water absorbs most of it, so it doesn't take much water to block radiation.

You can swim at the top of a pool storing nuclear waste, and you get less radiation than if you were standing next to the pool because the water blocks radiation from the sun. But if you swim down to where the fuel is stored you can get a fatal dose of radiation.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/29/
>>
anyone shilling nuclear is a supreme bugman
>>
>>309407253
Why would shit go bad with nuclear? Its literally the safest form of energy compared to anything else.
>>
>>309404327
oh so they HAVE waste. wow you inbreed fuck. so as shit as the old ones, case closed.
>>
>>309389075
>3 mild island
fake liberal bullshit
>chernobyl
CIA sabotage
>>
>>309407563
thenopen wiki and nuclear accidents and start crying you nigger mutt. especialy in america, you leak radiation in to the ground water for centurys.
>>
>>309407520
All that being said... this is for nuclear waste stored in sealed containers. If you crack the containers and let it spread you can easily poison a huge body of water.

But, the ocean and planet are pretty fucking big. Dumping radioactive waste in it obviously shouldn't be done, but it's happened and we're fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_disposal_of_radioactive_waste
>>
>>309392456
Department of Energy fucked Texas we have the documents faggot!
>>
File: Thorium.jpg (847 KB, 938x4167)
847 KB
847 KB JPG
>>309389075
>Why do 'green' parties across Europe so vehemently oppose it?
Same reason pic related never became a reality: the (((elites))) don't profit from free energy
>>
>>309407824
I never said it never killed anyone. It's just killed the least you smoothbrain. And water is a radiation buffer. Just because you are afraid of progress it doesn't make me any less right.
>>
the last country on earth that should have nuclear powerplants is niggermerica.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_and_radiation_accidents_and_incidents
>>
>>309408138
Now post the death toll for wind, hydro, coal, solar, and natural gas.
>>
>>309407824
In the western world, solar panels have killed more people than nuclear because installers occasionally fall off roofs. Hydroelectric dams fail and kill thousands downstream, wind turbine maintenance is dangerous, and of course coal, gas and even biomass kill millions per year due to air pollution. Literally all other forms of power generation have higher death rates than nuclear.
>>
>>309408344
>>309408291
unlike nuclear they dont contaminate areas for generations. nuclear kills generation long and is in the billions any thing else will never catch up loosers.
>>
>>309408576
Except it doesn't if its properly stored. Which it always is. And the death toll is only in the thousands. Its the safest, cleanest, and most efficient form of energy production we have and its being held back by ludites like you.
>>
>>309408576
>nuclear kills generation long and is in the billions
hello kike
>>
Even if a Chernobyl or Fukushima level incident happened somewhere on Earth *every year*, it would still kill far less than coal and gas. We should be building nuclear plants EVEN IF THEY KEEP MELTING DOWN.

Do you people know how radioactive coal is? That shit fills the fucking sky, yet you're worried about a few kilos of nuclear waste safely stored at the bottom of a pool.

400 million people live downstream of the Three Gorges Dam in China. If that thing fails, it will kill a thousand times the number of people that died from all nuclear incidents and nuclear bombs combined. You think this is fucking safer than nuclear??
>>
>>309402636
That's from all the weed smoking.
>>
>>309398101
>Literally, a non-issue.
It is. US stores most of its spent fuel in reactor pools. No dry storage or reprocessing
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=24052

And these spent fuel pools are vulnerable to accidents and terrorists attacks (and military attacks, in fallout full scale nuke war scenario US will drown in its nuclear shit from nuke plants and turns into radioactive wasteland fro centuries, Fallout unironically is prophecy)
http://scienceandglobalsecurity.org/archive/sgs24vonhippel.pdf


Essentially US nuclear industry boomers in their usual boomer fashion push problem to the younger generations. And with time passing solving it becomes more and more costly and difficult as fuel rod assemblies corrode siting in these pools and become much more difficult to transport disassembly and reprocesses.
>>
>>309408887
>>309408850
>>309407783
>>309407520
>>309406082
Retards ITT hardcore shilling nuclear and pretending its the miricle energy source

you eather work in the industry hope to are deludid or a paid shill
>>
>>309408887
I'm actually a geologist and you're right about coal. The thing about coal is that its chock full of thorium and uranium. Not enough to do anything with, but you burn it and all those radioactive particles go into the sky.
>>
>>309409344
It basically is. Name one source of energy that's safer and more efficient.
>>
>>309389075
Because it will inevitably end up full of diversity and women hires and things will go kaboom under their supervision.
>>
>>309409344
yeah, I'm going to trust the people making actual scientific and factual arguments over some retard who can't even spell basic words
>>
>>309409654
good for you
>terrible choice
also has anybody seen more of a shill post ever?
>>
There has never been a failure of a CANDU reactor and there never will be one. CANDU is Canada's single greatest contribution to the world and the average Canadian doesn't even know about it.
>>
>>309407783
'Murica in one post.
>>
>>309409504
hydro,solar,wind,gas,coal.oil.bio

i mean nuclear is one of the least efficent forms of energy on the planet the word your looking for is consistent

you also have an increadibly shortsighted vuiew on the subject if nuclear was scaled to that of the coal industry it would produce a much more difficult waste problem than that of coal
>>
>>309389075
>Why is the general public so opposed to nuclear energy? Why do 'green' parties across Europe so vehemently oppose it?

I'm not sure about Europe, but here in the States most of the political class grew up during the Cold War. They instinctively associate "nuclear" with "fiery death and destruction" after years of anxiety over the prospect of their city getting blown away if War War III kicked off. We have access to the information about how safe nuclear energy can be, but a lot of boomers have this huge psychological aversion that has to be overcome.
>>
>>309389075
Because oil companies/countries fear nukes and are campaigning against it with all their billions and billions.
In France greenpeace is directly financed by anglos oil companies.
>>
File: CANDU_fuel_cycles.jpg (63 KB, 487x395)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>
>>309410011
The opposite is true, and this is a trivially testable claim, because there are lots of countries and states that have more nuclear than coal. Ontario and France are good examples. They have much, much cleaner air than their neighbors.

In France, almost 2000 people a year die due to air pollution... due to the wind carrying over smoke from the coal plants in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_France#Air_pollution
>>
>>309389075
Because its bad. See fukushima and chernobyl...
>>
File: Paluel FC-0019.jpg (1.82 MB, 3000x1996)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>309389468
>horrific disasters
Like 2 of them since humanity exist. In other hand oil or coal kill more people in a year than those 2 "horrific disasters" have ever killed.
>nuclear waste stays deadly for thousands of years
Yeah, literally the one who are the less toxic and you can have in your bedroom without been irradiated (the only way to be irradiated would be to eat it).
CO2 stay 500 years in the atmosphere btw.
>>
>>309410871
Those are ancient designs from the early days of nuclear energy.
>>
>>309410662
lets break down this reply a little here because this is disgusting

so firstly your trying to compare the harm the byproducts of energy generation cause this can be done in many ways your chooseing a cherrypicked purpusfully biased example that makes nuclear look perfect and coal evil when its clearly not the case

secondly you try to blame Germany coal production for Frances air pollution #

finally you post a meme artical asif any of this is backed up by any science whatsoever and validate your claims

absolutly abhorant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzqJtHZXsiM
>>
>>309409923
>>309410625
The CANDU reactor is truly the greatest energy source on Earth. It's a travesty that we haven't continued to invest in them. CANDU uses heavy water as a moderator so Chernobyl can't happen, and it uses ordinary unenriched uranium so it can't be used for weapons proliferation.
>>
>>309410871
>Because it's bad
great argument
>>
>>309389468
nuclear waste can largely be recycled
>>
>>309389075
Because people are stupid. They think nuclear = Chernobyl.
>>
>>309411063
>>Wikipedia
>meme artical
???
>>
>>309393910
Even more retarded was that the backup generators for powering the reactor coolant pumps were located in the basement.
>>
>>309409344
more people die from car exhaust pollution each year than nuclear, more people die from coal power plants giving them cancer over nuclear.
>>
>>309389075
>Why is the general public so opposed to nuclear energy?
50 years of the fossil fuel industry dumping billions of dollars into groups like Greenpeace and Sierra Nevada and all the other NGOs and politicians that openly oppose nuclear energy combined with decades of popular media like The Simpsons portraying nuclear energy as dirty, dangerous, and evil.

Schumer pocketed a fortune for his role in shutting down the Yucca Mountain Repository, which could have safely stored all the nuclear waste in the country several times over.
>>
>>309389075
greenpeace propaganda
>>
>>309410011
>nuclear is one of the least efficient forms of energy on the planet
This has to be bait... no one could possibly be this retarded.
>>
>>309411355
>>309411290
baised claims with meme science backing them up that wont allow opposite claims to be heard at all due to the narrative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaOX2rW0gc
>>
Reactor waste storage is a moot point. Waste has already has been produced and it will need to be stored somewhere. What difference does it make if we store one football field's worth there or ten?
>>
>>309411355
And the 5 biggest super cargp ships bringing solar panels and green light bulbs from China produce more pollution than every car in the world combined
>>
>>309411568
http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2018/ph241/wang-k2/
>>
The real reason is Nuclear is way better than any other resource. Wind and solar are nothing compared to Nuclear's output.

They are too invested in their wind and solar and can't have another source making that look bad, hence why they run it in the ground and ban it whenever they can.
>>
>>309411075
>it uses ordinary unenriched uranium so it can't be used for weapons proliferation.
That's actually the best way to make Pu-239, especially because it has continuous, online refueling.
>>
File: chernobyl.jpg (41 KB, 474x321)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>309389468
>actual real life
>>
>>309390843
Wind turbines aren’t set and forget. The wind farm near my hunting lease in the panhandle of Texas always has big equipment taking down and putting up stuff. Talked to a number of the maintenance staff at the local bar and the subject of maintenance cycle came up. They said there is no such thing as deferred maintenance on turbines, if you fail to address issues as soon as possible they lead to catastrophic failure. Then they showed me a bunch of videos on their cell phones. All and all it seems pretty maintenance intensive and the rotors and generation heads need frequent overhaul due to stresses and moving parts.
>>
>>309411672
all the nuclear shills absolutly seething i posted this documentry and it will probably be scrubbed from the internet

anybody with interest in nuclear power should watch this
>>
>>309413380
to add to this the water that plants use for cooling being dumped into the sea contained gasus iodene so the reverse osmosis filter is inefective at filtering the iodene

*buut butt the waste water gets cleaned now&
>>
>>309391574
just dump it into the sea, and the same problem applies to solar panels
>>
>>309413380
You think we're going to sit here and watch a 52 minute documentary on ocean disposal of nuclear waste?

Nobody has forgotten anything, I even posted a link above to the list of nuclear waste disposals on Wikipedia, all of this shit is tracked. It's just not as big a deal as you're making it out to be. Coal is far more deadly and emits far more radiation. You just don't see it because it's in the air.
>>
>>309409654
>>309410011
>>309411063
>>309411672
>>309412125
jej the state of this anon
>c cant spell hahahah
>see you dont know anything because you spelt your wrong hahah
jej
>>
>>309413745
The feedwater in a nuclear plant is a separate loop.
>>
What is stopping us from launching nuclear waste into space and letting it fly away from us? That or burying it on the moon.

Serious question
>>
>>309391574
This is a uniquely American problem of privatizing and deregulating everything. The government doesn't have to allow this race to the bottom. They can just make laws that set minimum storage requirements, or better yet store it themselves and charge fixed prices to nuclear plants for storage, or even better yet fucking socialize nuclear power entirely and stop pretending the free market can solve everything.
>>
>>309414285
lmao watch the documentary haveno idea what you are talking about


unusially high instances of specific cancers
heavay metals in the fish
above average radiation in marine mammels
undiscloased ammounts of waste being dumped in the sea by military
corrupt governing bodys exploiting loopholes in waste management
rampant lieing to the public ect ect

stop trying to deflect
>>
>>309413745
the new gen4 reactors are cooled with liquid metal you stupid cunt.
why is every commie shill here talking about 50 year old tech?

most likely you know but are lying cocksuckers
>>
>>309414544
money serious answer
>>
>>309389075
jews
>>
>>309414544
Well for one thing, rockets aren't reliable enough. If a rocket fails on ascent you've just spread that nuclear waste into the atmosphere.

But more importantly, there's no fucking point. Just bury it, it's fine.
>>
>>309391327
Jersey anon?
>>
File: KYMMXJ.gif (1.19 MB, 491x270)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB GIF
>>309414544
>>
>>309414602
ohh yea how many of those are built?
>>
>>309414656
>>309414699
That makes a lot of sense actually. Fuck it lets bury it in the desert what could go wrong
>>
>>309414590
If Greenpeace says it, it must be true.
>>
>>309390740
this. oil is for greasing up one's anus to take the saudi dick.
>>
>>309414544
cause every Musk rocket has exploded you stupid twat. So you want a dirty bomb you twat?
FOR THE 5TH TIME
NEW GEN 4 REACTORS HAVE ALMOST NO WASTE
>>
>>309414827
shills are absolutly SEEETHING that i came to this thread
>>
Nuclear fuel is limited. And the US-Brazil co-prosperity alignment will need all of to curb the Laotian Space Hegemony in the coming conflict.
>>
>>309389075
Green parties hate it but 10 years from now you’ll hear them all rage at the price of electricity
>>
>>309414590
> unusially high instances of specific cancers
> heavay metals in the fish
> above average radiation in marine mammels
> undiscloased ammounts of waste being dumped in the sea by military
> corrupt governing bodys exploiting loopholes in waste management
> rampant lieing to the public ect ect

None of this compares to *millions dead* every year from pollution due to coal and oil. None of this will compare to *billions dead* due to displacement and famine from global warming. You're complaining about fucking fish getting cancer.

Obviously ocean disposal of nuclear waste is bad and we shouldn't do it. That's why we now just bury the nuclear waste. Nuclear is still the safest source of energy.
>>
>>309414725
the answer is building modern reactors you piece of shit commie
>>
>>309414667
Nah, iowa
>>
>>309389632
Even wind-power has killed more people than nuclear.
>>
Because greens are commies


>>309414985
Windmills are also limited. There are only so many atoms available to humankind.
>>
>>309389075
Decades of intense propaganda, starting in elementary school and continuing on from there.
>>
>>309389226
I once confronted a leftist suggestion and several people grabbed me and started yelling at my face.
Australia has a dessert, if you bury radioactive waste you irradiate sand a few miles underground.
>it never goes away
How long will it be until the ground under your feet comes to the surface?
What's going to happen, tectonic plate shift, a volcano, an earthquake?
millions of years is a long time for the atmosphere, but a short time for the earth itself.

Even if your mildly radioactive sand comes to the surface and blows around and ends up in the ocean and gives someone cancer- who gives a fuck?
We are more likely to die from obesity, car crashes and dun related cancer.

Leftoids can't make compromises because they moralize
>>
>>309414725
you just build more you stupid twat
>>
File: Cooling.png (143 KB, 346x255)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>309396842
I am waiting for a cold fusion.
>It will be more interesting
>>
File: 1613653687588.jpg (68 KB, 720x854)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>309414725
thats because communist pieces of shit like you are fighting safe clean nuclear power because its not about energy, its about promoting communism and stealing wealth from consumers.

An international task force is sharing R&D to develop six Generation IV nuclear reactor technologies. Four are fast neutron reactors.
All of these operate at higher temperatures than today's reactors. In particular, four are designated for hydrogen production.
All six systems represent advances in sustainability, economics, safety, reliability and proliferation-resistance.
Europe is pushing ahead with three of the fast reactor designs.
A separate programme set up by regulators aims to develop multinational regulatory standards for Generation IV reactors.
>>
>>309396095
>Fan blades kill birds every day
>Giant fan falls in his house killing him and his family
>giant and expensive nuclear reactor melts perhaps giving him cancer 20 years later
>>
>>309415552
>>309415092
kek unproven tech has no downsides whatsoever where have i heard this before
ohh thats right fairytales

if it was 1/10th of what you shills claim it is we would have adopted it years ago your just trying to misslead people with a onesided argument that isnt even proven

and you pretend the drawbacks are a *non issue* or dont exist

do we need nuclear yes we do
should we adopt nuclear at a mass scale or even a large scale absolutely not
>>
>>309389075
>>309389181
It’s dangerous
>>
>>309415106
Right on. We just had Oyster Creek get shut down here. First commercial nuke plant ever built, spotless safety record...greens wanted to force the operator to install cooling towers instead of using the nearby bay for cooling, and the operator didn't want to spend the money, so they shut it down.
It was licensed to operate till 2029. Fucking waste.
>>
>>309416001
you are moron who doesnt believe anything unless CNN/BBC tells you its real
>>
>>309415744
Cold fusion is wishful thinking that makes people on the pro-nuclear side completely complacent and passive.
>>
>>309416628
Seething nuclear shills btfod
1st they tried shittyevidence and i btfoed them
2nd they try reductive argumentation and i btfo them
now all the can do is screech and reee
>>
>>309416001
>under contruction
>not real

are you a crack-head?
>>
>>309416802
you should probably nuke the thread anon its a catastophy for you guys anybody who reads it will know exactly what you are a litteral shill
>>
>>309416215
To be fair, thermal water pollution is actually the largest pollution concern of nuclear plants, not radioactive waste. It only takes a few degrees of temperature change to kill all the fish and completely alter the ecosystem of a body of water. This is why it's important to build nuclear plants on huge bodies of water (like the ocean for example.)
>>
>>309392653
shut the reactor off as soon as there is a Tsunami warning
use more emergency power sources than diesel generators, like solar, external grid power or some form of battery
>>
>>309400921
just don't be retarded and build waterways for the fish
>t. country that used to have the largest dam in the world and yet got to keep the biodiversity
>>
>>309417177
Also don't put every single one of your backup generators in the place that is going to be the first to flood in the event of a tsunami.
>>
>>309417177
you cant just shut the reactors off thats not how it works
>>
>>309417177
> emergency power sources
> solar
> some form of battery

Imagine being this retarded
>>
>>309389181
Kike boy billy gates found a use for nuclear waste as a fuel for a style of nuclear reactor.
>>
>>309417046
fuck off commie

https://www.wired.com/story/next-gen-nuclear
>>
There is nothing wrong with nuclear fission energy, all other renewable forms of green energy are complete meme in comparison.
>>
>>309391469
dams have killed millions of people....nuclear had killed like 10 people...
>>
>>309417288
You can't simply shut them down but you can act upon these warnings to ensure that it doesn't end in a catastrophe.
>>
>>309389075
>why
Cowardice and ignorance. Pushed by ecoteorrists (Green peace)
>What if someone crashs a plane into a powerplant?
Nothing, Maybe the staff ask "Did you hear something"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4CX-9lkRMQ
plus, the you can look up the ratio of deaths to megawatt (Nuclear basicly wins. Only other winners are those that aren't counted at all or have zero deaths)
If you're afraid of being killed by radiation. Don't work in a fuel processing facility. Thats where you'll likely get a painful death if anything goes wrong.
If you're killed in a power plant, It will likely be something physical (like a crane falling over or a steam pipe bursting.)
>>
>>309417288
of course not but you can start the process at the beginning of the warning

>>309417311
b8
>>
>>309417046
look at this idiot
>cars arent safe today because cars were dangerous in the 50's
>>
>>309417387
is comeing
s
c
o
m
i
n
g

>cores of nuclear startups are aiming to solve the problems that plague nuclear power

kek

>>309417519
straight up biased misinformation cherry picked
>>
>>309417793
Fuck off greta
>>
>>309417508
true japan in particular has an increadably tough time its not a great place for nuclear plants at all and yet it suffers massively with energy production i feel bad for those guys i really do
>>
>>309389075
Most pseudo-environmentalists are either misinformed or simply don't give a shit about the environment and just want to feel good about themselves. Wind and solar not only kill a lot of birds, but are also complete meme energy sources. Hydro seems ok in terms of power but can ruin ecosystems (kind of goes against the point of environmentalism) unless meticulously planned. Nuclear is clearly the most efficient, safe, and clean major energy source we currently have. I haven't done much research into thorium so I don't really know how good of an opportunity that is. Of course, while it would be good to increase our nuclear energy production right away, before allowing it to become our number 1 energy source we need to solve the waste issue, with the gen 4 reactor sounding promising and a ton of innovation currently going on in the field in an attempt to solve this
>>
>>309417859
your argument is framed around enviromentalism my argument is framed around pragmatism and being realistic

>fuck of gretta
you inconsistent by the standards of your own argumentation
>>
>>309418285
actually ignore what I said. I know very little about energy production and the real practicality of different energy sources. I do however still think that wind and solar energy are meme sources of energy
>>
>>309418285
ohh gosh thousands of birds are dieing a year lets pretend that chernobyl hasnt irradiated 20km2 for the next 100k years

nuclear is totally better for the enviroment just look at its track record .....


>n n no but in the future the magical nuclear sites will somehow for somereason have non of the problems that have been systemic throught the lifecycle of the nuclear industry jj j just because
>>
>>309389075
Because to have a nuclear industry, you have to recycle. It's a common sense. But the technology for recycling could be used for military use. That's why US government does not allow any one to develop such tech. They invest in green information warfare and stuff.
>>
>>309419002
>better for environment
>lets third worlders who mass litter multiply

Slit your throat
>>
>>309389075
same reason why a lot of people are so shit-scared of a virus that will only kill them 0.001x% of the time.

The public is made of easily frightened pussies.
>>
>>309414985
>US-Brazil
what
>>
>>309418457
> pragmatism and being realistic

Germany followed your advice and shut down their nuclear plants, supposedly to build renewables. To this day almost 30% of their power comes from coal.

Meanwhile in France, less than half a percent of the electricity comes from coal. In Ontario it's zero; we no longer have coal plants.

Who is being pragmatic here? Who is being realistic?
>>
>>309419263
germany wasnt pragmatic they unironically took the nuclear option *thats a play on words i know you wont get it so i explained it*
and dissolved the nuclear industry

i said it in an earlier post we DO need nuclear energy but it should absolutly not form the backbone of any energy economy or even a sizable portion
>>
>>309419263
The industry term "clean coal" is increasingly used in reference to carbon capture and storage, an advanced theoretical process that would eliminate or significantly reduce carbon dioxide emissions from coal-based plants and permanently sequester them


The coal industry advocates that carbon capture and storage (CCS) can reduce carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants. ... Ultimately, coal cannot be considered “clean” when you factor in the air and water pollution generated by coal mining, preparation, transport and combustion


nuclear has the same mining problems



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.