[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Detective Sam.png (97 KB, 477x895)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
July 25th, 1909. A raining evening. New Hopesky Police Department. Commissioner Malinowski's office.

"Lieutenant Sam, got a case for you," Malinowski takes out a file and slides it across his desk. "A piece of cake, homicide somewhere in 7th James Street." He takes out a fat cigar and turns around, "Anything you need to know is in that case file." You take the manila file and walk out to the back door, trench coat and all.

Welcome to New Hopesky City, the industrial hope and crime infested city of the big country! Steel, diesel, guns, and alcohol production on one side of the city; mafia, second rate bars, occasional shoot outs, and corruption on the other. This is your first time being detective for the force, and may be your last if you're not careful around the parts. Now, where to start?

>Head to the armory, grab some gear.
>Head to your cubicle, lets read something.
>Get to your car, we're going to do our job.
>>
>Head to your cubicle, lets read something.
Lets see what we're headed into
>>
>>2716898
>>Head to your cubicle, lets read something.
Agreeing with above. Let's see what we're in for first.
>>
You head to your cubicle. Passing by other busied officers, workers, and a coffee boy. You sit at your wooden desk. Looking around you and your neighbor's desk, you realize yours is the cleanest compared to the others who have mountain stacks of incomplete report files, murder cases, the works.

There's a newspaper on your chair, it reads: "Crime up to 65%, may be higher, mayor says no comment." There are more articles into it, but you leave it for now and put it on the desk. Theres an empty small picture frame on your desk next to your plaque. I really got to put a picture on that some day, you think to your self.

You open your case file and spread out the paper work. Theres only 3 pages of it.
First page reads: Homicide, July 25 1909. At around 5:45, a doctor named Sullivan was shot dead and lying on the ground.
A picture of a blonde man, pale skin, thin, with circle glasses is clipped on the page, that may be the man who died.

>Read the newspaper
>Keep reading the case file
>Head to your car
>>
>>2716927
Forgot to add >Head to Armory
That is a valid action
>>
>>2716927
>>Keep reading the case file
>>
>>2716935
This. Where was the bullet wound? How many shots? Was the murder weapon found? What kind of gun or caliber caused the bullet holes?
>>
>>2716943
Also was there any sign of struggle and was anything stolen?
>>
>>2716935
Page 2 of 3

Only a single eye witness during the shooting, a woman named Nora Hills. She was standing across the street, quote, "looking down on myself". A clipped picture of a woman with brown hair with bangs is shown, she has green eyes. This should be her.

There are some blank lines here, such as occupation and address.

Page 3 of 3

First responders found 3 bullet casings, 2 of the same caliber. Though it doesn't say what caliber. No guns were found on the scene. Dr. Sullivan died from a shot in the gut, the body has not been moved yet for pictures. There are some blank lines here, such as date of birth and relationships.
>>
>>2716947
How far from the body where the casings found?
>>
>>2716947
>>2716966
Supporting

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEI2zet48Uc
>>
>>2716947
>Head to your car
>>
>>2716961
The paper reads that the casings were found... "around a meter from the body" There are some erased numbers overlaying the words. A coffee boy walks by and puts a mug on your desk. That mug doesn't look steaming hot, you thought to yourself.
You reread the paper again, but there's nothing to it but those few sentences.

There are too many blanks on this case, incomplete would be an accurate word. Well, we're done reading this case file, because that was all there is.

>Read the news
>Go to the armory
>Head to your car
>>
>>2716981
>Go to the armory
Sounds like we might be headed to a darker part of town. We should have something on us
>Head to your car
>>
>>2716981
Seems like an intentional hit. Pretty bad to only get one bullet out of three one meter away so the murderer must have been in a rush. Seems odd to shoot someone for a robbery in broad daylight with witnesses present so probably not a professional hit. Also the witness is hiding something. There's no way she didn't look up and see anything after hearing three gunshots go off. And maybe she knows the murderer or is scared for her safety.
>>
>>2716989
This
>>
>>2716989
You walk to the armory. Upon entering, you're greeted by the loud bangs of the police standard .45 Semi-Auto Turner Handguns. Or .45 pistol, as the officers call them in the field. 3 officers are practicing in the range, with 1 wide spot open for practice. To your right is Corporal Bates, reading the latest issue of Lady Killer, a comic about crime fighting and saving the ladies. You knock on the screen and Corporal Bates jumped in a surprised stance, throwing away the comic book behind him.

"H-Hey! Lieutenant, didn't see you there!" Bates smiled, "Now what can I get you? Reminder, only one piece of gear because some cops have been "losing" their gear."

>Give me a better gun than my .45 pistol.
>Give me some armor.
>An electric bat, please.
>Nothing, never mind
>>
>>2717010
>Do you have high explosive grenades?
>>
>>2717010
> armor

Dont want to get shot and it sounds like we already have a 45
>>
>>2717017
+1
Sounds good. In addition to what you've said we can also still engage in cqc with our fist.
>>
>>2717010
>>2717017
Supporting. Let's get some Body armor. Should be able to wear it under this trench coat, right?
>>
File: detective sam armor.png (73 KB, 412x806)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
"Armor, bates." You told the corporal. "Right away sir!" Bates up and walks off to the back of his station. A couple of officers walk out of the armory, you overheard them saying donuts and fries. Gotta grab a bite after this, you smiled. Only a single officer left is firing in the range.

"I'm back, Lt!" The corporal showed up with a light blue vest. It looks worn, but that's just evidence its tried and tested to save you. "Now remember, one piece of gear only!" The corporal reminded you, "You gotta return your stuff back if you wanna try another gear."

>Lets go try out the range
>I change my mind, I want another gear.
>Lets head to the streets, [Leads to Crime Scene]
>>
>>2717055
And yeah, the armor is able to be hidden under trenchcoat, sorry didn't see that one.
>>
>>2717094
>Lets head to the streets, [Leads to Crime Scene]
>>
>>2717134
This
>>
File: detective's car.png (149 KB, 1059x475)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
You walk your way to the garage and see your spotless blue sedan. Its beautiful in a way that your salary can buy. New Hopesky City, your criminal days will be over in less than a year with this baby...

The drive didn't take long, but the scenery changed from Hopesky PD's clean and open streets, to the dirty brick buildings of James Street. Broken window panes, boarded stores, literal trash in the streets. Why was the doctor here, you questioned yourself.

You arrive at the crime scene, its clear if you didn't count the police officers surveying the area. An officer walks up to you, he looks tired but at the same time acts awake and pumped. "Lieutenant Sam, sir!" The officer saluted, "Sergeant Thompson, sir! Proud to work with you, sir!" He shouted at you, saluting and quaking.

>What do you know, Sergeant?
>Where's the body?
>Anything new?
>Where's the witness?
>>
>>2717224
>>Where's the body?
>>
>>2717253
This. Then
>Where's the witness?
>>
File: 7th james street map.png (31 KB, 800x600)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
You take out your notepad and start writing down whatever the scene has to offer you. Walking up to the sergeant, you ask him a question, "Where's the body, Thompson?" The sergeant twitched for a moment, chug down a mug of coffee, and inhales deeply.

"The body's on the stairs of the apartment building, sir! We have not yet moved or touched the body to preserve any evidence, but we have white chalk drawn where the body is now! We are ready to take it to the morgue after your orders!" Thompson shouted in one breath. You write down what he said. Might get some leads if I check the body out, or maybe I should keep looking somewhere, you thought.

He gives you a map, "this is where everyone was positioned after the crime scene!"

>Take a closer look on the body
>Where's the witness?
>Anything new, sergeant?
>Look for any other pieces of evidence.
>>
>>2717299
> look at the bullet casings (what caliber/gun). Also does it look like the casings came from two trajectories (two different directions and/or guns)? Where in the building did the bullets end up? Check the skid marks. The aim was probably off because he was shooting from a car. The witness probably saw the car.
>>
>>2717320
Also ask the sergeant if he knows of any criminals living in the building he was shot in front of.
>>
>>2717299

First and foremost:
>Where's the witness?

Later:
> The report said the doctor was hit in the stomach once. Perhaps look for the impact point of the other two bullets? Maybe we can piece together something from there
> Inspect the casings to determine at least caliber
>>
>>2717320
>>2717365
You look at the bullet casings closer. In an obvious glance, they're different calibers. The single casing is a .45 round while the two casings are 9mm. You write the information down.

"We believe the .45 to be from the doctor's firearm, but we have no idea where the gun is, sir!" Sergeant Thompson reported. "The 9mm casing most likely came from the killers, sir!" The rain starts to pour, should've bought an umbrella.

>Where's the witness?
>Anything else to report, sergeant? [Relating to the bullets]
>Look for any other pieces of evidence.
[spoilers] Captcha is giving me some problems, I'm gonna feed it to the mob if it starts starting more trouble. [/spoilers]
>>
>>2717398
Take a look at the body.
>>
>>2717398
>>Take a closer look on the body
>>
>>2717412
You lean close to the dead doctor's body. That foul smell of blood and hint of gunpowder really does a number on your nose. Looking at the obvious, the man died from a fatal wound in the stomach. His left hand is clutched tight while the right is open. His glasses are cracked and his eyes are still wide open. You don't see anything interesting, but you feel like you've gotta focus on this one...

You finish writing up whatever it is relating to the body.

>Focus, I must be missing something [roll 1d20]
>Lets move on to the witness, need more leads.
>Anything to add on, Sergeant?
>Look at any other pieces of evidence

Notes Written:
There are two different calibers of bullet casings found in the scene (One .45 casing, two 9mm casings)
The body hasn't been moved since death
The man died from a single fatal wound in the stomach
The man's left hand is clutched tight while his right is open
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>2717476
>>Focus, I must be missing something [roll 1d20]
>>
>>2717538
You look closer and focus on the dead doctor's body. You notice a rectangular bulge popping out from the doctor's blue coat. "May I take a closer look," you asked the sergeant. He shrugs, "Be my guest, Lieutenant."

You put your hands inside the doctor's jacket and take out a book, there's a bullet hole but it stopped at the 55th page when you opened it. The leather cover and paper most likely stopped the bullet from going further, but bruised up the doctor's chest real hard. "Nice find, Lieutenant sir!" You write this down on your notepad. You put back the book where it was.

"Alright, looks like we still have some time for investigating." You tell Sergeant Thompson, "Lets keep looking."

>Lets look for the witness
>Look for any other evidence
>[Write-in]

Notes Written:
There are two different calibers of bullet casings found in the scene (One .45 casing, two 9mm casings).
The doctor hasn't been moved since death.
The doctor died from a single fatal wound in the stomach == The doctor was shot twice, One bullet struck his book while the other hit his stomach.
The doctor's left hand is clutched tight while his right is open.
>>
>>2717571
>Lets look for the witness
>Might we be able to discern what the book is? Is it a notebook/journal, a fictional story, a reference guide, or something religious/occult?
>>
>>2717674
The contents inside the book was all wet, the evidence inside his jacket has to be dried up, which could take until tomorrow.
>>
File: nora hills.png (339 KB, 976x704)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>2717674
You look for the witness using the case file photo you were given. It did not take long as the woman is sitting inside a squad car, giving off a depressing aura from where you're standing while looking at her reflection. "What's her problem," you turn to Sergeant Thompson. He shrugs as he downs another mug of coffee. The rain is starting to lighten up, but you should have really bought an umbrella, you're soaking wet.

So, how are we going to approach this woman?
>Aggressively probe her memories
>Shoot the breeze, talk calmly
>Directly ask for what she saw
>[Write in]

Notes Written:
There are two different calibers of bullet casings found in the scene (One .45 casing, two 9mm casings).
The doctor was shot twice, One bullet struck his book while the other hit his stomach.
>>
File: detective sam front.png (110 KB, 393x688)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
I'm gonna stop here for today, detectives. I'm burnt up writing stuff and drawing at the same time.

You'll know we're back into investigation when I write again. Any feedbacks, tips, suggestions, how is everyone feeling about my quest?
>>
>>2717804
Thanks for doing both.
>>
>>2717734
>>Shoot the breeze, talk calmly
>>2716993
From what the others said, she's either really sad, apathetic, or in fear. Might be best to ease her into it.
>>
>>2717734
>Directly ask for what she saw
>>
>>2717734
>Shoot the breeze, talk calmly
>>
File: lieutenant sam's badge.png (163 KB, 632x703)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
You walk up to the cold woman staring at her reflection, as if she was lost. You engage a calm and friendly conversation with her, "Excuse me ma'am, Detective Sam of NHPD," You show her your shiny metal badge, a golden shield with your rank and number. "You can trust me, I promise."

She looks at you for a moment, but looks back at the window of the squad car. She sighs.

>Continue talking to her calmly
>Get her to talk directly
>Make her talk forcefully
>Back out
>>
>>2718558
>Continue talking to her calmly
>>
>>2718624
You start conversation again after clearing your throat. "Miss Nora, was it? Are you okay, we can talk about it," You reassured her. Nora looks again, making a frown. She opens up with a broken voice, "I'm not fine... I saw someone die." Nora turns to you, her mouth shaking and her eyes watering up.

You take out your notepad, "I'm listening, Nora, please tell me." An ambulance arrives the with coroners inside, Sergeant Thompson leaves to go talk to the them.

>Reassure her
>Make her describe what happened
>Blame
>Back out

Notes Written:
The doctor was shot twice, One bullet struck his book while the other hit his stomach.
>>
>>2718654
>Make her describe what happened
>>
>>2718654
>>Reassure her
Something about sympathy to her plight?
>>
>>2718907
You lean closer to Nora, enough to notice the pearl necklace on her neck. You ask her for details, "Tell me what you saw, what you heard, anything." Nora breathes in the cold rainy air, "I-I saw.. a car..." she starts to tear up. "A-and... and.." Nora covers her mouth with her right hand. This dame really got hit with that dirty scene, you thought to yourself. "I was just going home... I was just.. going home..." Nora repeated, scrubbing away the tears flowing out of her eyes with her left hand.

>Pressure her
>Sympathize
>Probe her memories
>Back out for now
>[Write-in]
>>
>>2718939
>>Sympathize
>>2718915
For this reason.
>>
Its a slow day today and I've used up all my time here, I'll see you all tomorrow, detective.

>2718977
I'll write that tomorrow
>>
File: hit and run.png (785 KB, 1449x1282)
785 KB
785 KB PNG
>>2718977
"Ma'am, it'll be okay, trust us," You tell Nora, "We'll find the murderer if you tell us what you saw." Nora keeps on sobbing those tears away. What a poor dame. You think for a moment, how am I going to make her talk clearly? Breathing techniques.

You face the depressed Nora and take her hand, "Look, stay calm, listen to me..." You paused and inhale the cold rain air, "Breathe in," and then exhale your breath, "Breathe out." Nora repeats what you told her and she starts to calm down, tears still running down her face.

Nora speaks up, "I saw a b-black car, with two seats..." You write that down your notepad, "Anything else defining? You know what model? License plate? How many passengers?" Nora looks down, "I think it was a Winfred model... I think there were two men inside the car, I heard arguing in the after they shot the man." You nod at the woman after you finish writing up, "Anything helps, a patrolman will write up your official statements later."

We're done with the witness. You look down at your watch, its 6:15. Maybe we can catch this perp, or report it to be someone else's hunt?
>Report the vehicle description
>Look for the vehicle
>[Write-in]
>>
>>2720432
>[Write-in]
"Do you remember how many shots were fired?"
>>
>>2720737
Nora shakes her head, "I don't know.. maybe three or four shots? It all happened so quickly.. I'm sorry if that doesn't help." You nod, "Any minor details you remember, it helps."

Sergeant Thompson steps in, "Detective, the coroners have taken the body for autopsy back in the department, sir!" he shouted. You salute the man off

>Look for the vehicle
>[Write in]

Notes Written:
[New!] There may be 2 suspects in this murder
[New!] A black two seat Winfred was used

Do you guys mind if I throw in a few ideas here and there? I'll take it off if it doesn't stick to the quest
>>
>>2720432

I'm all in for QM tossing in ideas.
>>
>>2720759
>Do you guys mind if I throw in a few ideas here and there? I'll take it off if it doesn't stick to the quest
I don't mind. Feel free to.
>>2720810
Same.

>>2720759
>[Write in]
"Do you remember which direction or street the vehicle was coming from and left at?"
"Did you recognize the appearance of the two men? Clothes?"
>Look for the vehicle
>>
Bad news, detectives. I've been called to work in an unexpected hour... I'll be back in 3 hours
>>
>>2720432
>>
File: reporting.png (531 KB, 1525x1084)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
>>2720810
>>2721139
"Do you have anymore information regarding the suspects who shot Doctor Sullivan? Clothing, hair, face, where they left?" Nora thought for a second, "No, no I didn't see them clearly enough and the car left as quick as it drove up so I have no idea where it went after."

You walk to your blue sedan and radio in your findings, "Dispatch, this is Detective Sam. I have a vehicle description that needs to look out for: A black 2 seated Winfred model, two passengers, possibly armed. Location should be around 7th James Street." The radio crackled, "This is dispatch, we'll look for it, over." That should hand over the problem to other cops in the area.

>Head to the police department
>Take a look around the scene
>[Write-in]
>>
>>2721553
>Take a look around the scene
>>
File: crime scene.png (783 KB, 2280x1560)
783 KB
783 KB PNG
>>2721567
You take a look around the crime scene. There's chalk where the body was before it was taken by the coroners, the bullet casings have been chalked over and bagged for evidence, the witness has left the area. The only things left to look at is the alleyway and the skid marks left by the suspects' vehicle.

>Take a look at the skid mark
>Take a look in the alleyway

Notes Written:
There may be 2 suspects in this murder
A two seat black Winfred model car was used

I'm going to stop here for now, see you tomorrow detective. I've got a new addition to add if we get to that point
>>
>>2721667
>Take a look in the alleyway
Cya copper
>>
>>2721667
>I'm going to stop here for now, see you tomorrow detective. I've got a new addition to add if we get to that point
See you.
>>
File: alleyway.png (760 KB, 2280x1560)
760 KB
760 KB PNG
>>2721909
You enter the dark alleyway. Smells like trash, means the garbage hasn't been picked up yet. In front of you is a brick wall, dead end. No way one of the murders could have escaped through this route. A cat drops on by and sits on top the garbage container, it stares at you.

>Search inside the garbage container
>Back off the alleyway and take a look at the skid mark
>[Write in]
>>
>>2722271
break down that door
>>
>>2722303
You stand in front of the door. It doesn't have a door knob or a push plate, it might have to be opened from the other side. "Eh, what the hell, you can only know if you try." You tell yourself. Standing from one side, you get ready to kick down the door with your leg. One, two, three and you run straight to it, trowing yourself.

Upon impact, it made a loud "BANG" sound. You hurt your leg and fall down on the ground. Looking up, you realize its a metal door. A thick one, too. Sergeant Thompson runs up to the alleyway, pistol shakily drawn. "I heard a bang, sir! Are you okay sir?!" Thompson shouted. You stand up limping and brushing yourself, "Yeah, I'm fine.. back to where you were, sergeant." Thompson nods and walks back to his spot, drawing his pistol away.

What's next, genius?
>Search the garbage container
>[Write in]

Notes Written:
There may be 2 suspects in this murder
A two seat black Winfred model car was used
>>
>>2722340
>Search the garbage container
>>
>>2722365
You search through the garbage container. It stinks like rotten sausage washed with 3 day old milk. You pinch your nose and hope for the best to not get bitten by a dirty rat inside the garbage.

Looking inside, there's a couple of trash bags torn open and new, diapers, and a new brown leather bag covered with a newspaper. You take the brown leather bag and lay it down on the ground with the newspaper. A journalist jumps to your side and flashes you with his camera. "I can see the headlines now! 'Local Detective Desperately Dumpster Dives For Evidence!'" He laughed as he kept taking pictures of you, "Smile for the camera, detective!"

>Tell him off
>Ignore him and open the bag
>Head to the police department, in shame
>[Write in]
>>
>>2722411
>Tell him off
>>
>>2722411
punch him in the face and break his camera. Interfering with a police investigation is not ok
>>
>>2722411
>Ignore him and open the bag

"Simply doing my job kid, just as you are. A man's dead, and it's my job to find out who killed him. And sometimes, that involves doing thing's I'd rather not, something I'm sure you understand."
>>
I'm sorry I haven't narrated for you in a while now, detectives. I promise I'll be back on July 15th of 2018. If I don't come back, assume the mafia of New Hopesky City has killed me for working with the coppers.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.