[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

“...This was not where your story was supposed to end.”

Cold. The kind of frigidness that steals one’s will, one that lulls you into a peaceful slumber from which you never come back. You attempt to feel your limbs to no avail, only feeling what could only be described as “smoke-like traces” of what were once your extremities. The only thing that broke the darkness you were surrounded in was some kind of machine, massive in size, connected to several terminals all blinking the same, mute static. Silver with lines of gray breaking the monotony, with a particular red strip denoting its “eyes”, if ever such machinery required something like that. Its geometrical, arrow-like shape made its design almost angelical, yet the voice that came from it clashed with whatever preconception you had of this thing.

“...Son of man, the path that was forged for you does not need to end here.”

“Your flesh has long since abandoned you, but your will remains anchored in this realm.”

“I can craft new flesh for you, one that will suit and reflect your soul’s most inner desires,”

“As well as deepest of turmoils.”

“I’ve witnessed what you once were…”

> [I remember spending my days locked in the library, pursuing fiction and science magazines in my free time.]

>[I worked all year round, in all sorts of things. After leaving my shift I usually spent the rest of my days fixing what was broken. ]

>[I worked at my family’s farm, living a rural life and enjoying what nature provided me and my family.]
>>
>>6008716
> [I remember spending my days locked in the library, pursuing fiction and science magazines in my free time.]
>>
>>6008716
>[I worked at my family’s farm, living a rural life and enjoying what nature provided me and my family.]
>>
>>6008716
>>[I worked at my family’s farm, living a rural life and enjoying what nature provided me and my family.]
Farmer, choice, very out of the box, I like it.
>>
>>6008716
>>
>>6008716
>[I worked all year round, in all sorts of things. After leaving my shift I usually spent the rest of my days fixing what was broken. ]
If it ain't broke, go fix something else.
>>
>>6008716
>>[I worked at my family’s farm, living a rural life and enjoying what nature provided me and my family.]
>>
>>6008716
>> [I remember spending my days locked in the library, pursuing fiction and science magazines in my free time.]
>>
>>6008716
>> [I remember spending my days locked in the library, pursuing fiction and science magazines in my free time.]
>>
>>6008716

>>
>>6008728
>>6008749
>>6008758
>>6008789
>>6008797
>>6008827
>>6008850
>>6008906
>>6009165

[You possess the “Soul of the Indomitable”]

You remember your years helping your parents til the land, caring for the produce and playing with the livestock. You were not someone who had economical means, but what you lacked in fancy clothing and proper health care was replaced by having a close-knit community that cared for one another, and many kids your age you could play with. You remember playing soccer with neither shoes nor an asphalt field, coming back home with dust-covered soles but a grin on your face as your team won what measly cents could buy for all.

This forged you, strengthened you, fed your soul and your muscles. You learned how to adapt, how to fight, how to live life with no attachments.

And yet whatever dream of seeing the outside world was dashed, being but one of the many no names who never left the soil birthed you.

“Yours is a soul that has been burdened, that has bitten hunger and known poverty.”

“And yet you survived, struggling against the elements that threatened to rob you and your family of everything.”

Massive constructs shaped like claws whirred to life, energy surging and lighting the cables that were not protected by that layer of silver. Those enormous pillars approached your form, surrounding you in sharp-edged fingers, and slowly you began to feel something…different.

Cold. A coldness that once kept you awake, now lulled you into a deep slumber, all the while the feeling of immaterialism slowly hardened into what now felt like…flesh.
>>
File: FufVZbgaMAEbzqa.jpg (167 KB, 830x1200)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>6009281

You are awakened by the sound of festive music roaring from outside your window, feeling yourself having a hard time taking the covers off your furred body. Your massive, three-digit hands rubbing against your eyelids as you try to fully immerse yourself into reality.

It’s been a month since you were found in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and taken to this once abandoned house. You don’t remember much about yourself or whatever is this place. You were named “Bearmon” by the inhabitants of this village as they claimed this to be what you were, and you couldn’t help yourself but to take them by their word. Still, memories began to return to your sleepy frame-Today’s the village’s anniversary and they were throwing a day-long party. Everyone was tasked to gather something for the communal pot, so they could feast at midnight.

You take your cap and you surround your fingers and torso in leather, preparing for yet another day.
You are currently in a small room made out of old wood and straw, with the only other room separated by a door being the bathroom. There’s a chest at the foot of your bed frame. There’s another door at the other side of your room that leads straight to a path that’s basically untended and covered in grass and vegetation

[>Go outside and see the village]
[>Check chest]
[>Check the bathroom]
[>Use the other door that leads straight to the forest]
[>write-in]
>>
>>6009285
>Check Chest
>Use the other door that leads straight to the forest
Better to gear up and get our work done first, and then we can socialize. Then we can play and enjoy the festivities.
>>
>>6009285
>Check chest
>Go outside and see the village
Let's check what other people have managed to get for the feast, so we can narrow our focus.
>>
>>6009285
>[>Check chest]
>[>Use the other door that leads straight to the forest]
>>
>>6009285
>[>Check chest]
[>Use the other door that leads straight to the forest]
>>
>>6009285
>[>Check chest]
>[>Use the other door that leads straight to the forest]
>>
>>6009285
>[>Check chest]
>>
>>6009285

>[>Check chest]
>>
>>6009285
>Check chest]
>Use the other door that leads straight to the forest]
>>
>>6009909
>>6009895
>>6009851
>>6009677
>>6009606
>>6009555
>>6009421
>>6009348

You remember you had some stuff packed in your chest, things the villagers had given you so you could better adapt to this new life. Digging through trash and pieces of weird machinery you picked on the road, you find 500 bits and a machete. The money you tuck into your fur, while the long, wide blade rests comfortably between your right’s paws.

The opposite door had an entire backyard unkempt for who knows how long, leading to the literal wilderness, for even the flora appeared to be all too willing to invade your house had it not been for the door impeding its further advances, vines and flowers already growing from between the crevices of the old wood. You open the door to see a sea of green, using your machete to cut the tall grass in order to make a round, making sure to properly wrap the tall plants around your fingers carefully before swinging your blade at them, knowing full well that certain leaf blades could easily cut you and let me tell you, that stuff stings real good.

As you clear more and more of the foliage, you find yourself deeper into the jungle, the once loud festivities now being replaced by the gentle songs of birds and insects around you. Of course, you know all too well that being this deep could potentially end up with you encountering a mindless beast, for while things were peaceful in the village, it is not unheard of villagers being attacked by all sorts of animals that lurk behind the tall grass. Still, this rarely stops digimon from venturing forth, or trying to claim parts of this untamed wilderness and turn them into farmland. Not always a successful expedition, but at the very least they seem to have enough food to accommodate a squatter like you.

>[Go deeper into the jungle]
>[Hunt for ingredients]
>[Go back home]
>[Indomitable soul: Clear the land] (Step 1 to making a farmland) (This will result in a timeskip)
>>
>>6010338

>[Indomitable soul: Clear the land] (Step 1 to making a farmland) (This will result in a timeskip)
>>
>>6010338
>[Hunt for ingredients]
Farming time perhaps later.
>>
>>6010338
>>[Hunt for ingredients]
it's about to be a festival, kind of a strange time to overwork
>>
>>6010338
>>[Indomitable soul: Clear the land] (Step 1 to making a farmland) (This will result in a timeskip)
>>
>>6010338
>[Hunt for ingredients]
It would be very funny if we missed the party because we got too wrapped up in our new project. Still, nice to keep in mind for the future.
>>
>>6010346
>>6010363
>>6010419
>>6010442
>>6010464

The idea of using today to work on the fields and get something going right away DID cross your mind, but today’s the festival and honestly? You can just shelve work for tomorrow, not like the field’s leaving anytime soon, besides if you work now you’ll probably end up using up all the sunlight and then finding anything edible will become extremely hard not only because you’ll have limited visibility and finding stuff like tubers or wild berries will become a challenge, but there’s also a real, non-zero chance of something just straight up jumping from the darkness and turning you into ribbons. Better not take any risk.

You began to search for particular shapes in this sea of green, be them beautiful flowers with delectable roots, wild fruits and berries, or even seasoning weeds. It took you a bit, but in the end you found a patch of cassava. Usually toxic, you need to boil them a few times to remove all the bad stuff from them and then you can fry them, squash them into puree or serve them after a second or third boiling. The fact that they were growing in the wild here with no supervision whatsoever makes you think the land here is absurdly fertile…

…How do you know all of this? Hell, why do you know this root is even edible in the first place?

You shelve those thoughts as you collect a few of them-Still you spend some time finding and collecting them, using the tall grass to wrap them up and carry them on your back, and now you got both hands occupied holding them in place.

[obtained: Cassava x10]

>[Go deeper into the jungle]
>[Go back home]
>[Examine Cassava]
>>
>>6010517
>[Go straight to the festival]
Forgot to add this option do not bully
>>
>>6010517
>>[Go straight to the festival]
Get to know people, at least well enough that accessing the tools for using a farmland is less awkward.
>>
>>6010517
>Examine Cassava
>Go back home
If they need extra preparation to be edible, better do that. Good food will help make a good impression.
>>
>>6010517

>[Go straight to the festival]
Better to avoid any chance of missing it
>>
>>6010517
>>[Examine Cassava]
>>
>>6010517
>Examine Cassava]
>>
>>6010660
>>6010592
>>6010586
>>6010570
>>6010529
…No matter how hard you think about it, it just doesn’t make any sense! You drop the cassava to the ground, picking up one of the larger roots and getting it close to your face. You can feel the root-like texture around your paws, how its exterior sort-of resembles “soft” wood if such a feeling could ever be properly put into words. You turn it around, remembering the short tree with suspiciously five-pointed leaves that oddly resembles another, much more illegal plant. Why is that other plant illegal? You scratch your head but come up with blanks, yet the moment you return your focus to the Cassava some things just…

Stop making sense.

The Cassava grows in tropics, being its perfect environment and sure while this IS the jungle there’s something that just doesn’t add up: Your neighbors have a patch of strawberries which, for all intents and purposes, cannot grow in the same land Cassavas grow. The temperature, soil composition, manure, humidity levels, even things like altitude and different organisms make it almost impossible for these two species to coexist, and you are more than sure that there are several other flowers, fruits and vegetables that should theoretically speaking be impossible to have as each other’s neighbor. You remember asking some of the villagers about this, and they looked at you weird. “We’ve always grown these plants together” or “Well they grow here so I don’t know what you’re talking about” they say despite everything in your mind telling you that that’s wrong, that soil should never be capable of doing this.

Yet you remember your neighbor giving you a basket of strawberries yesterday, and now you find a random patch of Cassava a few steps from your home. Nothing in here makes sense, and the worst part of all of this? You have absolutely no idea why you are so hung up on this, in fact why do you even know so much about produce? Why do you even care so much about this stuff? You didn’t know who or what the hell you were a month ago, but suddenly you are the plant expert? If anything this just all sounds like you are making stuff up but another part of you insists that this is how things should be.

Maybe you ARE going nuts, maybe you ate something weird and now you are going thru something.

…Shivers alert your body, you are given no time to make sense of this strange feeling as you feel yourself turning towards the source of this strange feeling.
>>
File: Ff0Om_AUUAEfdee.jpg (464 KB, 2400x2416)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
>>6010678
It was silent, you never once heard it approaching you, it was actually a miracle that something kind of warned you about it. It stopped, looking at you straight in the eyes, lowering its head yet not even once breaking eye contact. There was at least a meter and a half separating you, you could feel your body tightening, stress taking over you, adrenaline flowing through your being.

[>Attempt to pet the creature]
[>Put your machete between you and the creature]
[>First strike! Swing at the beast with your machete]
[>Try to outrun it (You will lose Cassava x10)]
[>Slowly back away]
[>Write-In]
>>
>>6010678
>Attempt to pet the creature

Petting a wild animal? I don't see how this could possibly go wrong
>>
>>6010679
>[>Attempt to pet the creature]
>>
>>6010679
>[>Put your machete between you and the creature]
>>
>>6010679
>[>Put your machete between you and the creature]
We don't know for certain that it's going to attack
>>
>>6010679
>Attempt to feed it a (poisonous) cassava
>If it rejects it, use the smell of the poisonous cassava to ward it off
>>
>>6010679
>>First strike! Swing at the beast with your machete
>>
>>6010679
>[>Attempt to pet the creature]
Stop it you animals, he's a good boy
>>
>>6010896
>>6010875
>>6010851
>>6010814
>>6010768
>>6010764
>>6010722

He did look like a good boy! He probably was just curious and stumbled upon you, no need to be hostile, it's probably doing its best at surviving anyways. Besides, it's probably more scared of you than you are of it.

You approach your paws to pet the doggo.

You don’t even know when it opened its maws, realizing only when it was tearing into your paw with those long, thick fangs, its neck having enough strength to ragdoll you around, as if you weighed nothing . It was a pretty large creature and you were the size of a teddy bear after all. You let out a scream born from the depths of your belly as the pain of having knives stabbed into your fingers makes you lose your cool, but summoning enough strength to pull your arm off the beast’s maws, rolling on the grass once it releases you from its grip.

It hurts, you can’t move your arm, even a slight breeze makes you wince. You stare at the beast with clenched jaws as you lift your only good arm in front of you. You see your machete in the corner of your eye, it seems like you dropped it when the creature bit you and now the monstrous canine stands between you and your weapon.

[The beast growls at you]

Bearmon
Health: 85/100

>[Attack! (Bear Fist) (Roll 1d20 to hit) (Indomitable soul: Your soul resonates with this technique, letting you throw a second punch instantly.)]
>[Guard]
>[Run for the machete (Roll 1d20)]
>[Try to run away]
>[Try to reason with the beast]
>[Write-in]
>>
>>6010936
>>[Attack! (Bear Fist) (Roll 1d20 to hit) (Indomitable soul: Your soul resonates with this technique, letting you throw a second punch instantly.)]
>>
>>6010936
>>[Attack! (Bear Fist) (Roll 1d20 to hit) (Indomitable soul: Your soul resonates with this technique, letting you throw a second punch instantly.)]
I have never felt a sense of betrayal as immense
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>6010936
>>[Run for the machete (Roll 1d20)]
Hack and slash
>>
>>6010936
>Cassava. Or Punch.
>>
>>6010936
>[Attack! (Bear Fist) (Roll 1d20 to hit) (Indomitable soul: Your soul resonates with this technique, letting you throw a second punch instantly.)]
>>
>>6011096
>>6010944
>>6010941
Ah, sorry, I wanted to convey that you had to roll a 1d20 to see if the punch hits or not. Apologies for the confusion. testing the spoiler tag do not mind me
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>6010944
>>6011130
Here's my roll because I'm retarded and can't into reading
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>6011130
Here's my roll, for >>6011096. What rule are you using, Best of three?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>6010936
>>
>>6011159
>>6011137
>>6011136
>>6011096
>>6011082
>>6011040

(Highest number from the most requested action, basically)

You take a deep breath as you stare at the creature, a single-paw protecting your vitals from the fangs of the fiend.

The creature attempts to take a jump at you, only for you to swing your right arm just in the nick of time to land your knuckles straight on its nose, making the whole muzzle contract from the sheer impact. The blow enough to stun the wild animal, a split-second decision you could use as you were ready to give the beast the good ol’ left-right-goodnight.

A jolt of pain from your injured paw prevents you from using the momentum, switching paws and landing a bloodied fist on its face. This proved fatal, as it meant that you lost the window of opportunity to land a combo, as well as giving enough time for the crimson fiend to return to its senses.

And it was more than happy to return the favor, lifting one of its own paws and dragging those long, saber-like claws upon your body. You could feel your skin and fur being cut by those razor-sharp blades, but you were so pumped on adrenaline that you managed to compose yourself, taking a few steps back with your stubby legs and position your only good paw between you and the predator.

This…wasn’t looking good at all.

The idea of using a Cassava as a bludgeoning weapon did cross your mind, but it’d shatter on the creature’s face and you doubted it’d be of much help. Then again having A weapon was better than having NO weapon.

Bearmon
Health: 60/100

>[Pick a Cassava and use it as a bludgeoning weapon (Only one next to your feet) (roll a 1d20 to hit)]
>[Guard]
>[Try to run away]
>[Try to reason with the beast]
>[Write-in]
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>6011418
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>6011418
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>6011418
>Run for the machete
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>6011418
Hack this thing to ribbons
>>
File: 1716015435073257.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
Also what is Kumamon's line I know he goes to Grizzlymon next but after that I'm blank.
>>
>>6011483
I checked the wiki, and the first big split goes into whether we wind up as Grizzlymon or LoaderLiomon. Loaderliomon eventually winds up at Baihumon by the time it goes to Mega, which would be pretty neat, but I'm not sure if QM would let us get that big. Grizzlymon's can evo into either Monzaemon, Pandamon, Cerberusmon, or GrapLeomon, all of which have their own endpoints.
>>
>>6011501
>>6011483
>>6011477
>>6011468
>>6011464
>>6011439

Your eyes once more direct themselves to your bladed weapon, still guarded by that red dog. You grind your own teeth in pure, unadulterated hatred, the burning pain on your mangled paw only fueling your need to see this thing DEAD and/or in agony. The beast licked the claws that had drawn three red lines upon your body, seemingly more interested in playing with its prey.

You’ll show it not to fuck with you.

Your mind shuts off your fear as it replaces it with simmering hatred that was oh-so apparent in that twisted scowl that now adorned your face, your stubby legs taking you closer and closer to the beast who stared at you at first with disbelief, only to meet your bravado with its own. The massive, elongated canine pounces at you, readying its fangs to bite off your remaining good arm, but you push forth and be it a stroke of luck or you being too thick headed for even the monster’s fangs to dig at you for a second time, you use your shoulder to tackle the beast out of your way as you instantly reach for your weapon.

It was a split-second decision, your eye-hand coordination shining as you grasped at the hilt of your blade, at the same time that the beast flipped itself mid-air and reached for you, using its long limbs as a spring, throwing itself towards you with opened jaws.

But you spin around with your machete meeting the skull of the beast, managing to lodge itself against the canine’s face and even splitting its eye open. The monster cried in pain as it turned and twisted on the ground, its upper jaw and head having a deep gash eaten by your weapon.

But you weren’t going to let this beast run away, pouncing atop the downed beast you start to treat its face like you’d treat soil, throwing your body forwards as you let your blade impact upon its skull over and over again, your entire torso being like a slingshot that transferred as much of your strength onto your machete as possible. You unloaded all your pain, your sheer fucking hatred onto the beast, even feeling a tint of pleasure and pure, unadulterated satisfaction as your blade ended up turning grass and soil from how disjointed the head of the creature ended up being, with bits and pieces of bones and flesh now an unorganized mess.

…The monster starts to dematerialize, bits of its body fizzling with only a piece of flesh remaining.

[Obtained: Fangmon meat x1]
>>
>>6011552

“...I heard screams, are you alright!?”

You heard a set of steps approaching you, the adrenaline that was keeping you sane now leaving your body as the sheer pain on your paw quenched the fire of your soul, now a pitiful sight remained.

“...Wait, don’t tell me you…”
A curvy figure, golden fur mixed with white. A tall defender now loomed over your figure, needing to force your neck upwards to even meet her gaze. She was the protector of the village, the reason why the mortality rate wasn’t sky-high here, a vixen that had sworn to safeguard its people from the evils of the jungle. You heard she was strong, strong enough to compete with the horrors that lurk within the heart of the wilderness, but even she had problems dealing with some of the creatures that reared their ugly heads, harming the villagers when she was too far away to make a difference.

“You killed Fangmon! I’ve been trying to catch that bastard for months!” Her obsidian sclera widened as those cyan irises stared at both your sorry state, as well as the piece of flesh that remained of your mark. “...You’ve saved countless lives, newcomer. Now, let’s get you patched up.” The renamon offered you assistance, with the only request coming from you being that she doesn’t forget the Cassavas you’ve picked for the pot. “Right, I’ll take them with me once I have Palmon take a look at you…”
>>
>>6011555
—----

“...I still can’t believe you defeated Fangmon!” An energetic palmon looked at you in amazement, covering her mouth with those vine-like fingers of hers as she cheerfully declared her surprise at your feat. Renamon dropped you at Palmon’s hut to receive medical attention, having your paws and chest cleaned, moistened with a curing agent before receiving some stitches that Palmon assured you were just going to be there for a day and that your body will recover in no time. “You have no idea the amount of digimon that have been attacked by that thing! We’ve lost so many of our friends because of that thing lurking around and now he’s gone! Gosh I hope this is the last we see of it! Thank you so much, newcomer.”

The hut was twice the size of your house, several beds scattered through the floor with a few of them being occupied by digimon. The sound of the festivities once more caressed your ears, but it was quite enough in here that some digimon were sleeping through the party. Good for them.

[>Ask Palmon a question (write-in)]
[>Check on your wounds]
[>Check your inventory]
[>Go outside (festivities)]
[>Write-in]
>>
>>6011483
All I'm going to say is: I'll stick to digimon having wacky-ass lines. Now onto the topic of how to attain said digievolutions: I'll let you all figure it out~
>>
>>6011559
>Ask Palmon a question (write-in)
How did you learn to practice medicine? Could you teach me some time?
[>Check on your wounds]
>>
>>6011647
+1
>>
>>6011559
>Check on your wounds
>>
>>6011559

>[>Check on your wounds]
>>
>>6011559
>[>Go outside (festivities)]
>>
>>6011559
QM? Is everything okay? Or are you waiting on a tiebreaker?
>>
>>6014624
>>6011948
>>6011909
>>6011736
>>6011658
>>6011647
You look at the stitches, thinking the gashes were still there. You were prepared for some gorey imagery but what you were greeted with was…your body having healed quite well, even being halfway through having your flesh fused together into a healthy patch. “Don’t worry, your wounds will be fully healed sometime soon-ish I think!” Despite how deep the cuts were, despite the sharpness of the Fangmon’s, well, fangs, you were surprised by how quickly your body restored itself.

You ask Palmon about your wounds, and how she managed to patch you so well.

“Oh it’s a mixture of plants that accelerate a digimon’s own healing abilities. Sure, left unattended you’d probably be able to heal by yourself but I’m sure nobody wants to be an entire week bedridden!” The Palmon leaves her wooden chair as her own stumpy legs take her to a small box, from which she took three colored herbs. “You can smash and turn this blue herb into a paste and apply it into an open wound and it will speed up the process of healing. To treat any possible infection you apply a puree made out of these green herbs to the area, and depending on what you want to treat you can use these red herbs here to improve your inmune system through mixing it with green herbs or heighten the efficacy of the blue herbs by mixing it together.”

“There’s also lavender that you can consume to treat things like anxiety and stress. They are also very yummy and you can even make them into a tea!”

You learned about: Green, Blue and Red Herbs and Lavander.
>>
>>6020009
Darkness falls as Palmon’s topics went from her herbal knowledge, to the patients she used her herbs, to the very specifics of each patient, to straight up gossiping until the mantle of the night fell onto the village. Tribal music exploded as Palmon brushed you outside, needing beds for patients who, in their desire for celebration, ended up biting more than they could chew.

The first thing that greets you is the massive cauldron in the middle of the relatively small village, ingredients being poured one by one into the massive pot. Several digimon lining up to procure the items for who you remember to be the chief: A strangely-armored, small yellow dragon that went by the name of “Ryudamon”. Its small claws grasping at the equally comically large wooden spoon which it used to stir the pot, letting the ingredients cook. You remember it being quite the stoic character who gave you the chance to stay at his village, but warned you not to get any funny ideas. Something about digimon…acting weird or something? Well, there’s Fangmon so you can’t blame him

The circular nature of the plaza as well as the enormous fire in the middle of it gave you enough light to see the most important places of this village: Behind you, Palmon’s hut, at its right side the eatery, in front of it the store and between them Renamon’s residence, which obviously is the second biggest hut considering her many contributions to the village. On its opposite side it is the chief’s hut being the largest and on its side there are two huts that…you really don’t know what they are for.

You see Renamon resting her back against a tree on the distance.

You see the pot, and the many digimon already lining up for the soup.

You see the dark forest, the west, east, north and south.

You see your house somewhere in the distance, south from your current position, a digimon-made path of naked soil guiding the villagers to their residences. You remember there being a large farm at the north of your current position.

>[Get your meal]
>[Talk to Renamon]
>[Go to the dark forest (N/S/E/W)]
>[Go back home]
>[Go to the farm north from here.]
>[Write-In]

(Apologies for my sudden disappearance, but life caught up to me. I should be fine now thou!)
>>
>>6020011
>>[Talk to Renamon]
>>
>>6020011
>Get your meal
>Talk to Renamon
>>
>>6020011
>[Get your meal]
FOOD
>>
>>6020095
>>6020276
>>6020310
Your feet went plap plap plap as you approached the much taller vixen who gave you a side glance once you were near enough her, and promptly closed her eyes back again. The aloof protector of the village rested her back against bark of an enormous tree, both arms crossed bellow her chest as she appeared to be in deep thought. You remember hearing how she was so strong no digimon has ever won a battle against her, or even scratched her golden fur, not even once! Even you feel a tad bit intimidated by her aura, as if your subconscious was telling you that she was a glass too big for a cute bear like you.

“...You could’ve died. ” She states as a matter of fact. “Bravery and foolishness are two very different things.”

“...That being said, you did a good job today. Care for your scars and learn from today, every battle can be your last one if you are not careful enough.”

Your lips moved, raising your arm ready to speak up, but your guts were faster than you, growling loud enough to reach the Renamon's ears. The massive rookie laughed at you, breaking her stoic frame.

“...Go eat with the rest of the villagers. Once you are fully healed we can talk a bit more about having you help me with my job. Shinegreymon knows how hard it is to keep track of everything. ” She shoo’s you away like some kind of pet, and for as courageous as you were, you find yourself obeying her without a second thought.
>>
>>6020911
…You find a place to eat your bowl of soup, as the seats surrounding the cauldron were already filled to the brim with families and friends chatting and enjoying themselves. You take a few spoonfuls of soup before someone interrupts you.

“OH HEY, YOU ARE THAT DUDE!”

You are alerted to the presence of another, quickly veering your head to the source of this scream. The owner of the voice is...weird, he looks reptilian yet robotic at the same time, his vivid crimson scales are nothing compared to its strange, V-shaped head. His forearms and feet were encased in a strange type of machine-like clothing, but perhaps the most glaring thing about this digimon is the mic/staff weapon he carried on his right.

“I heard you took care of the Fangmon! Well, had it been me it would’ve been a quick one-two job and he’d be so done he would’ve ran away to tell all its forest friends not to mess with the great Shoutmon!”

This strange, devious creature sounded so full of himself, even laughing his lungs off as he stood tall and mighty with both of his fists placed on each side of his torso.

“Well I gotta thank you for taking care of it, quite sad that I can no longer use him as one of my many stepping stones for the greatness I was destined to, but hey! Just wanted to let you know who the true top dog is!”

All the while you were simply taking more spoonfuls into your mouth, hearing this stranger talk about how great he is.

>[Interrupt the stranger (write-in)]
>[Throw hands with Shoutmon]
>[Leave (where?)]
>>>[Go to the dark forest (N/S/E/W)]
>>>[Go back home]
>>>[Go to the farm north from Palmon’s hut.
>>>[Go back to Palmon’s hut]]
>>>[Write-In]
>>
>>6020911
>plap plap plap
good god man

>[Go to the farm north from Palmon’s hut.
>>
>>6020918
>[Interrupt the stranger (write-in)]
>"I'm sorry, who are you?"
>"What sort of cool stuff have you *actually* done?"
> "Wanna hang out some time?"
It's easy to talk about how cool you are. Actually doing cool stuff, not so much. Still, Shoutmon is decent people. We don't need to start a fight at a party.
>>
>>6020918
>>>>[Go back home]
>>
>>6021110
+1 to this
>>
>>6020918
>[Go back home]
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>6020926
>>6021110
>>6021483
>>6024214
Lemme do a tie-breaker real quick
>>
>>6024626
“I’m sorry, who are you?”

The shoutmon froze, almost in disbelief, from the words that left your lips, as if what you had asked was something known by the populus. A pompous smile returned from that shaken expression as he flexed both of his arms, one having a fist pointing to the skies while its opposite had its knuckles pointing at the ground.

“...Dah! I forgot they call you The Newcomer for a reason! Well I guess I CAN introduce myself but be sure to remember my name, okay? Name’s Shoutmon, and I’ll become one of the strongest digimon the digital world has ever seen! Yes, I’ll even ascend just like the gods did!”

>"What sort of cool stuff have you *actually* done?"

“...Heh! Well for starters I’m quite strong, I helped build the houses here with these guns you see here.” The Shoutmon flexed his arms further, attempting to make himself larger than he actually is. “And if I was a bit faster than Renamon I’d be the one celebrated for protecting the village, but hey! I’m a busy ‘mon too! So I’ll let her have all the credit for now, not like I care what this little place thinks about me.”

> "Wanna hang out some time?"

“You know I was thinking the EXACT same thing! Listen, there’s a place not far from here, beyond the Agumon’s farm, where some of the villagers swore several scary digimon roam about! Well, as the soon-to-be greatest digimon that has ever graced the digital world I was thinking of going alone and starting my legend by exterminating the villains…but then I heard about you and came to check you out.”

“No offense, but you look more like the cuddly and soft sorta deal than a badass like me.”

“I would have asked Renamon, but someone has to keep an eye on the village while I’m out, you feel me? So I was thinking of maybe employing you as both my sidekick and my witness.”

“I’ll be at the cave near the Agumon’s farm tomorrow morning!” The farm…yeah, you can kinda remember where that is-North from Palmon’s hut if you aren’t having a stroke. “I won’t hold it against you if you chicken out! Now if you excuse me I need to sleep, this ‘candy’” A smug, prideful smirk appeared on his face as he motioned with his hand that the candy he was speaking of was, in fact, his face. “Needs its sleep to maintain its natural beauty. Tah-tah newcomer.”

And just like that, the strange, mic-wielding digimon made his exit.

…A fight to the death, a warm meal and the strange shenanigans of the inhabitants. You could go home and sleep, give yourself a bit more time to prepare for tomorrow, wherever you want to start on your own projects or listen to Shoutmon’s offer and delve deep into the unknown.

>[Go to the dark forest (N/S/E/W)]
>[Go back home]
>[Go to the farm north from Palmon’s hut.
>[Go back to Palmon’s hut]]
>[Write-In]
>>
>>6024651
>[Go back home]
I guess the party's over? Since we've already got plans for tomorrow, a little extra sleep never hurt.
>>
>>6024651

>[Go back home]
>>
>>6024651
>[Go back home]
Sounds like the best bet.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.