[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

3-Year duration 4chan Passes are now available for $45

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: anyaotomeop3.png (2.14 MB, 1500x900)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
On the star of Velekam, the small eye of the world god known as the continent Vinstraga, the outskirts of the capital of the Archduchy, Strosstadt in Strossvald, a young woman from nowhere tries her best to sail the sea of fates in a place most unfamiliar to her.

Challenged to fight when wreathed in weakness, battle refuses to wait for her strength to return. There is no path but to seek victory- and insist to herself of the inevitability of that war’s conclusion. The stakes are everything- if she cannot fight and win for what she wishes, then how else can she take her dreams?

An unspoken curse of judgment upon humanity from its God, if true freedom can only be found in conquest.

Or is living so simply dressing oneself in chains?

-----

You are Anya Nowicki. That name was all you were given from the one who had brought you into this world- and you would have discarded it in a moment if those most precious to you did not find a hundred times more value in it than you ever had. You were demanded, commanded, even if by none but yourself, to take that name and make it worthy of having been saved by the man who in a righteous world should have been the greatest legend in history.

That sort of lofty aspiration was easy to latch onto when you were young, and easy to let slip away over the years as you grew no closer to that aspiration. Yet it had still been in your heart when the days came that the ruler of this land and others had no choice but to recognize your deeds.

Should you be proud, you had to wonder, or was that not nearly enough?

That line of thinking was grandiose for where you were. Not a smoldering battlefield…well, perhaps one of sorts. Your cooking had produced an awful lot of smoke.

You were in the midst of the first of three…duels? Ostensibly for the hand of your boyfriend, Magnus Edelschwert, but as far as you were concerned, this wasn’t actually going to factor into any decision by a man like him. This series of duels was for you- and your opponent, one Yuliana Sanmorza. You remembered her name for a flash before correcting your recollection of her name back to Mouthy Cunt.

The first match had been one of cookery. The other’s choice, of course, but it was in an art you knew nothing of. You refused to forfeit whatsoever, even if you already knew your chances of winning weren’t fantastic, and the silver haired bitch had meandered by you to mouth off again.

She knew nothing of what you were, what you’d done, what you would become, so her insults were meaningless…but you still entertained yourself with the image of giving her the good old Dustlands medicine for the terrible sickness of wagging the mouth freely without knowing whether you had a glass jaw. It was clearly an ailment that had festered long without treatment.

Not yet, though. Her time would come. Nobody could dodge it forever- you knew that well enough.
>>
So you stayed silent and straight faced, albeit tight lipped, as Yuliana left you. Whether it was on your meal or your person, her opinion didn’t matter…

“Anya,” Magnus had come over, and you felt your shoulders lose their slack. “You’re finished?”

“Mm!” You nodded, hurriedly lifting the plate you prepared. “Better be hungry ‘cause we’re ready to get eaten.”

“We?” Magnus let that hang, “Never mind.” Shoot. You’d hoped that one would hit him lower. He walked over to where you had the eggy toast and rabbit, and looked it over with a grimace. “That is…what is that?”

“Pofesen. Rabbit.” You shrugged, “What else could it be?” You proffered the plate. “C’mon.”

“Alright,” Magnus said as he swallowed and picked it up.

“Y’know,” you tried again to tease with a smirk, “You won’t have room for the other bitch after that, for sure.”

His eyes flicked to you, then back down to the pile in his hands.

“It’s gonna get cold,” you warned. Hurry up and eat it. You knew it wasn’t great, but…

Magnus gave it a testing poke, then pinched a medallion of rabbit between his fingers and lifted it to his mouth. You searched his expression hopefully as he ate it whole and chewed thoughtfully, for a bit longer than you thought he’d need to, a raised eyebrow being his only reaction.

Then he went for one of the pofesen pieces- and grimaced when it seemed to sag under its own weight, dripping. Yet he still bit into it. The corners of Magnus’s mouth tightened, and his brow furrowed- a muffled cough into his sleeve was followed by quiet, then a pained closing of his eyes, a pant for breath.

It was plenty said without needing to speak. “What d’ya think, then.” You said flatly, not really wanting to hear it now even if part of you was hopeful.

“It…” Magnus hesitated, “Isn’t what I expected.”

You blinked and stared. “You gonna have more of it than a pinch? I ain’t never seen you have a small appetite.”

“I’ve had enough to judge.” Magnus gave you an uncertain look, then got close and put a light hand on your shoulder. Skin against skin. Your breath halted. “Lady Nowicki,” he said with a strained voice, “It’s alright. Sversk the Conqueror couldn’t seat the throne of his father, yet he bested the Maelstrom. You don’t have to be good at everything.”

>…If he didn’t want to eat it, you wouldn’t make him. Even if it did make you…upset. Unhappy. You didn’t have to be the best, but you did want anybody who’d be beside you to be happy for it…
>You didn’t want any pity. You’d done this to try and please him, not because you wanted to screw up cooking. He ought to be a bit more appreciative.
>Fine, then. Blow it all off and pretend this didn’t make you angry. Hold it in and keep a stony face about it- even if you’ll have to blow it off pretty soon…
>Other?
>>
Previous Threads-
Thread 1- https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2024/5967085/
Thread 2- https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2024/6017241/
Panzer Commander Quest Thread archives- Not required reading for this I think, but opinions vary- https://pastebin.com/UagT0hnh

I'm really late on getting this thread up, sorry, but honestly, I haven't been feeling writing or drawing in general lately. And still don't, but there's not that much left and I'd like to get this April Fools deal done on some level of timeliness. So nothing for it but to just hit the ignition.
>>
>>6060874
>…If he didn’t want to eat it, you wouldn’t make him. Even if it did make you…upset. Unhappy. You didn’t have to be the best, but you did want anybody who’d be beside you to be happy for it…
>>
>>6060874
>Fine, then. Blow it all off and pretend this didn’t make you angry. Hold it in and keep a stony face about it- even if you’ll have to blow it off pretty soon…
>>
>>6060874
This might be the cutest Anya yet. And I feel bad for her. Wow.
>>
>>6060874
>>…If he didn’t want to eat it, you wouldn’t make him. Even if it did make you…upset. Unhappy. You didn’t have to be the best, but you did want anybody who’d be beside you to be happy for it…
>>
>>6060874
>>Fine, then. Blow it all off and pretend this didn’t make you angry. Hold it in and keep a stony face about it- even if you’ll have to blow it off pretty soon…
Hey, at least here people don't die when we fuck something up like on a real battlefield. Probably.
>>
>>6060874
>>…If he didn’t want to eat it, you wouldn’t make him. Even if it did make you…upset. Unhappy. You didn’t have to be the best, but you did want anybody who’d be beside you to be happy for it…

:(
>>
>>6060874
>>You didn’t want any pity. You’d done this to try and please him, not because you wanted to screw up cooking. He ought to be a bit more appreciative.
>>
>>6060877
>>6060886
>>6060911
>>6061021
What a feeling. Not one felt in a while. How unwelcome.

>>6060885
>>6060944
Fine. Whatever. It's fine, and if he asks then that's what you'll say.

>>6061023
Sounds like this guy wants to get punched again.

Updating.
>>
>>6061085
Good to have you back tanq. I started your stuff with Revolutionary Man and went through all PCQ from the archive in a couple of months. I have to say i am in love with the world and characters you have built. Also going through the quest from the beginning till this side quest, the quality of your drawings is day and night.
I can't wait to see where the quests will go.

Also write a fucking book already what are you still doing here.
>>
>>6061100
Welcome aboard fellow anon, props on managing to get through 90+ threads in a couple of months, you madlad.
>>
Sorry for the delay, this update's just been awkward to feel out. It'll be out soon.

>>6061100
I'm flattered that you went through that amount of effort, frankly, especially with how rough the early quest is. I hope I'll live up to the expectations.
Honestly, I have something bigger than just a book planned, idk when it'll happen but I'll have to get started on it.

I try not to demand much of people for the effort they already put into reading and stuff, but I am always curious of new people's takes on characters and choices made Top three best girls is obligatory. Revolutionary Man is meant to be standalone after all but it's also quite a bit different in several ways from any other part.
>>
>>6062200
>I am always curious of new people's takes on characters and choices made

I really appreciate that characters feel different when speaking or are being described. Honestly the characters and dialogue are the best things about your quests. Alongside the world that you have built of course, which is what makes the whole thing unique.
Also one of my favourite things are the perspective changes when we see what other characters are doing or what events are transpiring while the main story is being played. Both the glimpses at the start of threads and the temporary character switches.
As for choices the only thing that baffles me is how is Tracht ok with the Tracht clone army that his wife is making, i don't know he seems like a moral dude and that's some fucked up shit.

No 1 is Signy (no contest). No 2 is Chiara (RIP). No 3 is either Owl or The Major, i love spooks what can i say.
>>
>>6061100
>>6062215
Im this anon just not posting from work.
>>
>>6062215
>Honestly the characters and dialogue are the best things about your quests.
>Signy and Owl appreciator
>Recognizes that Maddy is an evil witch committing unfathomable evils
This anon gets it, he really does.

>>6062200
Having reread all of PCQ myself a few months back, it really is a fantastic achievement of worldbuilding and character-writing.
>>
File: scene89_fissionmail.jpg (434 KB, 1100x1114)
434 KB
434 KB JPG
Usually, when you messed something up, or things didn’t go your way, you usually got pissed off, and that would give you the energy to do something about it. This was different. It’d been so long that you’d felt you’d disappointed somebody you actually cared about the opinion of- and you’d been ready for Magnus to be meaner about it. He could be spiteful and bitter if he wanted to be. That had been one of the first times you’d actually corresponded- over a perceived failure on your part when you’d done all you could. That had been a battlefield, where people were hurt, killed, nothing even close to what was happening now.

This time he wanted to reassure you, but you hadn’t wanted that. Yet you couldn’t be angry about it. You wanted him to choose the life he wanted, and even if you also wanted him to choose you, but that had been because you figured you were the best thing for him. If he wasn’t happy with part of you, if you’d caused that…

“…If y’ don’t want t’ eat it,” you frowned and withdrew to yourself, “I won’t make you. Just figured you’d like it if I tried t’ make something…”
It was a sort of feeling you hadn’t had in a long time, and you couldn’t look Magnus in the eye in the quiet after.
>>
You felt a pair of fingers grasp your chin, and reflexively, you put your hand up, though when you saw what was intended, you let your guard down, just for the moment it needed. It was just a peck, but you couldn’t resist letting it through anyways. Even if it was somewhat spoiled by you having to taste your own work through it. Butter, but wrong.

“That really what I made you eat?” You said under your breath, then looked across the kitchen, “You doin’ that while she’s right there?”

“I’ve been inconsiderate,” Magnus said with some quiet restraint, “It is not my intention to make you ashamed of your best intentions. Besides that…” He gestured out to the hallway, and you followed him there, wondering what needed to be said away from hearing. When there was a door between you and the kitchen again, he paused to think.

“What is it?” You pressed, “You smooched me right behind that other cow, so what’re we doin’ out here?” You were still too upset and confused to think of ludicrous self-gratifying ideas.

“I feel I haven’t been entirely honest,” Magnus said, glancing back to the door, “About Yuliana and I’s relationship.”

“It doesn’t matter t’ me,” you said.

“It matters to me,” Magnus said more firmly, “It was after Netilland’s expedition south was defeated, and its army broke apart to decide between the Military Council and the Republican Government that had been suppressed until that moment of weakness. I returned home with the rest of my men, none of us having chosen a side, but us remaining in Palatenhugel to guard it. I was tired, and directionless. Yuliana…gave me comfort then. And purpose. I am of the faith of the Cathedra, Anya. When a man and a woman share a bed, it ought to be between people who are nevertheless bound in the future. I had not known yet, about your feelings.” He looked shamed for some reason, and leaned against the wall. “I know not how much you mind about that, but it is something that, were I in your place, I would rather not have hidden from me.”

He searched your face for surprise, but didn’t find it. Yuliana had already told you, after all.

Did you mind that, though? Since you were being asked?

>When you were a girl, you’d loved Hell. He carried on with so many women in an “immoral” fashion that nobody could count his lovers. Yet that hadn’t been any obstacle for your feelings then. What did you care if he had slept with one woman, or even one hundred?
>Back then, you’d wanted to save him, because you wanted him to yourself. You couldn’t help but be a bit miffed, you know, that you’d basically sent him on his way to screw around with somebody besides you- right before you went to help him, even…
>Childhood friend or no, he had bad taste in women. You’d prefer him to be more discerning but nothing else. Considering you were going where their lips had been.
>Other?
>>
Before you could answer, though, he had another one for you.

“If I may ask,” Magnus said, “I know you are of the wastes. There’s plenty assumed about people from there, and what is reasonable to expect. It does not matter to me whether you match that assumption or not.”

The corner of your mouth tightened. “Spit it out.”

“Are you a virgin?”

Oh. Another thing that didn’t matter. Your sister wasn’t. Pretty much no women your age in Sosaldt were, but most people weren’t you. There had been a couple times you’d gotten blackout drunk with Richter, yes, and people said what they did about that, but…you didn’t like him like that. You wouldn’t sleep with him- at least, you were pretty sure about that.

>What would lying do for you in this situation? It wasn’t like there was anything for you to be ashamed of. It just wasn’t something you cared about, rather than something that many in this country would take pride in.
>Maybe you should commiserate. If you didn’t want him to feel bad about it, it’s not like it’d be out of the realm of possibility for you to have been screwed a few times. Not like he was asking for specifics.
>This mood was too dour. Make fun of him and don’t answer. It’s not like it mattered to either of you.
>Other?
>>
>>6062324
>>Back then, you’d wanted to save him, because you wanted him to yourself. You couldn’t help but be a bit miffed, you know, that you’d basically sent him on his way to screw around with somebody besides you- right before you went to help him, even…

>>6062325
>What would lying do for you in this situation? It wasn’t like there was anything for you to be ashamed of. It just wasn’t something you cared about, rather than something that many in this country would take pride in.
Anya being a classically monogamous virgin is so at odds with her general character that it must be true
>>
>>6062325
>>Back then, you’d wanted to save him, because you wanted him to yourself. You couldn’t help but be a bit miffed, you know, that you’d basically sent him on his way to screw around with somebody besides you- right before you went to help him, even…
>>What would lying do for you in this situation? It wasn’t like there was anything for you to be ashamed of. It just wasn’t something you cared about, rather than something that many in this country would take pride in.
>>
>>6062324

>Back then, you’d wanted to save him, because you wanted him to yourself. You couldn’t help but be a bit miffed, you know, that you’d basically sent him on his way to screw around with somebody besides you- right before you went to help him, even…

>>
>>6062324

>>6062325
>>
>>6062324
>>
>>6062324
>Childhood friend or no, he had bad taste in women. You’d prefer him to be more discerning but nothing else. Considering you were going where their lips had been.

>>6062325
>>
>>6062336
>>6062357
>>6062409
>>6062422
>>6062442
Possessive fluffy doesn't like to lose.

>>6062546
Also you have bad taste in women. What do you mean I'm scoring a goal on myself?

Updating.
>>
File: scene91_MildInquiry.jpg (405 KB, 1100x1085)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
What exactly would lying about you being a virgin accomplish? It wasn’t anything to be ashamed of, especially in Strossvald. Even in old Sosaldt it was just unusual. The dust lands were a place where people did anything to get ahead in the old times, and everybody wanted what was between a young woman’s legs, especially if they got the bump of being the first one there. Who wouldn’t take what they could get for one of the few things that you were born with, after all? With how much the odds were against you in every other way?

Well, you hadn’t made that trade. You weren’t your mother.

“I’m a virgin, yeah,” you said, “What if I wasn’t? Would that matter?”

Magnus shook his head. “I would be in no place to judge you. I’d presume it was for survival.”

“Feh.” You bit your lip, “Wouldn’t be an excuse for me.” A pause, before you thought of your answer to the other thing. “Y’know. Back in Alpha Two- that whole thing with the Ellowian Army and Mittelsosalia teaming up to take the north on- I knew you were out there. I tried my best, y’know, to keep my allies, t’ keep Richter from takin’ you down. Even though I couldn’t do much about it. Then I went t’ you anyways. All that…I didn’t do it so you could go off and stuff some other bitch.”

Magnus gave you a long sigh. “I understand. I’m sorry.”

“For what?” You scoffed irritably, “Not like you knew.” Though he should have. “Come on.” You turned on him to go back to the kitchen, “Let’s get back before your bedwarmer thinks something’s up.”

Yuliana hadn’t noticed anything, nor did she speak up, when you both came back. Too engrossed in her work, you went to watch her instead of wasting your time brooding over burnt butter.

At first she was silent, not even addressing you leaning on the counter and watching her, no snide comment, no demands for you to leave, nothing. Eventually though, she just started talking. Like she thought you wanted a story.

“You might think cooking to be beneath me,” she said as she pulled the pot from the stove, “The position of Burgomeister is practically hereditary. The people of Palatenhugel have ever known what Sanmorza once was. Even as its realms shrank to its city gates over time. Even when it could no longer be called a city any longer. Part of that is because the Sanmorza family has ever thought themselves servants of their people. They wear gold so that their subjects may shine around them.”

You didn’t comment. The sort of thing she was talking about was so far beyond you that it was pointless to try and think about it. When you and Alina played pretend as queen or princess it was so you could have everything you didn’t and couldn’t have, not for any high minded hoity toity philosophy. It sure as hell wasn’t honoring your ancestry.
>>
File: scene92_Temptation.jpg (311 KB, 1315x800)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
“I wonder sometimes,” she continued, “If I would have been happier born a pauper…though I can’t imagine being not of Palatenhugel. There are many people who would happily do something like cooking for me, or any of the other small skills I’ve set myself to. What need does a ruler of people need for something like cooking, after all? Though it isn’t as though the thought isn’t typical of my blood. As long as tales of my bloodline go back, there hasn’t been one time a Sanmorza has acted purely in self-interest. Even when my peaceful bloodline has gone to war, it has ever been for the sake of another. That selflessness has made them loved, for certain, but I wonder. Sanmorza has grown weaker and weaker, their subjects fewer and fewer, and soon enough, it may be that they are no different from any other common family. Their goodness has given them nothing. Perhaps my ancestors would say that no truly good deed needs a reward, but is it truly the best for our people? Is it really the best use of our noble blood, to fade away for others less conscientious to take our place and our power both?”

“You want an answer or are y’ just ranting to the ghost in the room?”

Yumilia gave an annoyed glance as she investigated the pot and took inquisitive sniffs. “What answer could you possibly have? How much could you hope to understand?”

You rolled your eyes. “Try me. Or treat me like a cramp. I don’t really care either way. You’re just yapping a hell of a lot to nobody if it ain’t to me. If you don’t want t’ talk then shut your cock holster.”

“Fine,” Yumilia said, “If I asked anybody at all, I doubt they would have the perspective I want them to share. Suppose that you wanted to do something great. That you could become strong enough to do. Something for the world. Could you do that, if you could not take something that you wanted for yourself? Could any person that could not act willfully for what is dear to them, aspire to anything at all?”

She said this while offering what looked like a spoon full of meatball soup. It smelled absolutely delicious.

>As far as you were concerned, she’d already taken what she wanted before. It sounded to you like the opposite. Like a greater purpose lacked value without something personal. Was her blood and aspirations really a part of what she even wanted? Did she actually want to fight you?
>Who the hell was she to think you didn’t have great aspirations too? Climbing into a man’s bed just didn’t have anything to do with that. If she thought she could be better than you just by cutting you to ribbons, she was wrong. You had enough scars to prove that didn’t work that way.
>The world wasn’t a nice place, from your perspective. If you wanted something, you had to be able to get it. No matter what it took. Wasn’t that why she was here? If she beat you, she was right. That much was always the obvious to you.
>Other?
Also-
>Eat the Soup
>Don’t Partake
>Other?
>>
>>6063597
>As far as you were concerned, she’d already taken what she wanted before. It sounded to you like the opposite. Like a greater purpose lacked value without something personal. Was her blood and aspirations really a part of what she even wanted? Did she actually want to fight you?
>Eat the Soup
Shit better no be poisoned.
I just had to deal with that shit.
>>
>>6063597
>Who the hell was she to think you didn’t have great aspirations too? Climbing into a man’s bed just didn’t have anything to do with that. If she thought she could be better than you just by cutting you to ribbons, she was wrong. You had enough scars to prove that didn’t work that way.
>Don’t Partake
damn bitch
>>
>>6063597
Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss.
>Don’t Partake
Putting meatballs in a soup is so aggressively central european it should be sticking mossheads on a train.

>Back in Alpha Two
This is a gay nerd question and I think it's been answered but where exactly does the Greek alphabet come from in-universe?
>>
>>6063597

>Eat the Soup

>>6063627
I don't think it's literally Greek, just like how New Nauk is represented with German but isn't literally German
>>
>>6063597
>Eat the Soup
>>
>>6063597
>>The world wasn’t a nice place, from your perspective. If you wanted something, you had to be able to get it. No matter what it took. Wasn’t that why she was here? If she beat you, she was right. That much was always the obvious to you.
>>Eat the Soup
>>
>>6063597
>Don’t Partake
>>
>>6063603
>>6063627
>>6063725
>>6063927
Why are you even here, if your gaze is pointed so high?

>>6063611
>>6063672
This will not be the way to dodge your problems- the problem being what she won't admit.

>>6063851
There's naught to think about save for the prize.

>>6063603
>>6063672
>>6063725
>>6063851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm0z5eTWUcg

>>6063611
>>6063627
>>6063927
I am already married to Justice.

Updating.
>>
Oh right.
>>6063627
>This is a gay nerd question and I think it's been answered but where exactly does the Greek alphabet come from in-universe?
There's sort of the deal that, technically speaking, this would all be "translated" like the other anon said, but to actually answer the question, the closest analog to Greek would be from Petrekora.
Given that New Nauk is theoretically descended from, of course, Nauk, maybe the runic alphabet would be more appropriate, but I don't think "Fehu" sounds as good, either. That said, New Nauk is blended with Emrean and that comes from Old Vitelian, and let's just say that the Aeneid has greater evidence of having its end result occur here. The end result being a migration, not good PR for the Julio-Claudians.
>>
File: scene93_snatch.gif (407 KB, 800x705)
407 KB
407 KB GIF
“Far as I’m concerned,” you said as you stared skeptically at the souped spoon, “You’ve already taken what you wanted before, haven’t you?”

Yuliana’s eyebrow twitched. “I would not call that taking.”

“That’s what it was.” There wasn’t any ambiguity to it from what you’d heard. “It doesn’t matter what you think of it, t’ me, it sounds like you’ve got it mixed up. Like all that stuff about your great purpose and all, the ambition t’ do what only you can? All that doesn’t seem like it matters if you don’t have Magnus. If it was really about what you say it is, what the hell are you doin’ here trying to pick a fight with little ol’ me? Am I some secret princess, am I the rightful Kaiser or some other drunk’s story?”

Yuliana did hear you, but she didn’t address what you said right off. “It isn’t poisoned,” she said of the soup, “I swear on my honor. No self-respecting cook would spoil their work for spite.”

“All I’m sayin’ is that the only way t’ know if you can reach your dreams is t’ go right at ‘em. Whether you’re bouncin’ on a cock or not while goin’ for it doesn’t have anything t’ do with it. What I have t’ do, I do whether or not anybody’s cheering for me. No matter if I get to have the fairy tale family at the end. That’s what I think.”

You leaned forward and took the spoon in your mouth after- a test of Yuliana’s cooking. Magnus would probably like it better anyways, but was it something to be disappointed about losing to? Food was food-

You’d tasted this somewhere. It was some soft and gentle memory you had long forgotten. One that had been buried deep within days you’d sooner have forgotten. It was a time you denied, one that couldn’t have happened. Yet there it was. A day when your mother had love in her eyes, instead of a dazed, senseless stare trying to see the real world through a haze of drugs. A time of hope and happiness despite your poverty.

It was incomprehensibly delicious. You hated it more than you could possibly imagine.

“Fuck you,” you muttered with the spoon hanging out of your mouth.

“Hm?” Yuliana frowned, utterly confused. “Is something wrong?”

“Nah,” you said, “Nothin’ t’ do with you. Just thought of something.”

Yuliana’s lips curved a little into a smile. “It is excellent, though, isn’t it?”

“…Yeah. Yeah, it is.” Your face probably couldn’t lie even if you wanted to not give her the pleasure.

“Magnus always loved Karminadle, simple to make, easy to make a part of something else. I merely made them in a homely fashion that I don’t remember him having often. Something old and something new.” A wistful dimming crossed Yuliana’s eyes. “It’s…been a long time.”

This'll be the only picture this update because I budgeted time poorly
>>
Most people from your past going back that far, you’d willfully excluded from your future for one reason or another. The only exception had been Alina. Even your comrades in the Iron Hogs, who wanted you to come back to be with them, had to be left behind. They wanted you for perpetuity and that was no longer what you wished for. Not without Hell.

“Magnus!” Yuliana called, “The dust bunny’s given her approval, come and share!”

…Better than dust whore. The smell of it alone was enough to guarantee that she won this one, but you could hardly blame Magnus when he came over and ate like a man who had been starving. If you were in his place you’d do the same.

“No need for me t’ concede it,” you said to Magnus, arms crossed tight against you.

“Indeed not,” Magnus agreed, “No need to be dour about it, Anya. Come and share.”

Part of you wanted to refuse, another part wanted to decline for a separate reason- but ultimately, your stomach triumphed over any defiance up higher than it.

-----

“I ain’t a hero, kid, save the songs for somebody else.”

“My papa says you saved him and his friends’ lives. Isn’t that what heroes do?”

“All I did was what I was told.”

Yet that was a lie, and everybody knew it.

-----

Back out of the hotel, you moved as a group out into the roads away from Strosstadt- twilight was coming, and the city center was busy with carriages and trams, bicycles. Out on the edge of the city, however, it was peaceful. A place where your next duel could be carried out uninterrupted. Unobserved.

“I’m not particularly happy about your mutual stubbornness,” Magnus said to you, having come over after instructing Yuliana how to do what was needed, “I even advised Yuliana to forfeit. This is more dangerous than what I’m sure you’re set on doing afterwards.”
>>
You were unsympathetic. “She’s said she wants to do great things. That means it’s gonna get a lot rougher than playin’ chicken. Ain’t no test of will better.” You glanced up at him from your seat on the motorcycle. “Unless you’re sayin’ y’ want me to forfeit.”

“I cannot force you to.”

“No,” you disagreed, “You could.”

“Not in a way that I wish to.”

“Good.” You kickstarted the motorcycle, and gave it a testing throttle.

“Anya.” Magnus grabbed your shoulder suddenly. “This contest isn’t important enough for you to die for it. Nor be crippled.”

An annoyed glance was thrust up to him. “You give your other sweetheart the same spiel?”

A defiant stare was returned by Magnus. “Of course I did.”

>Then he already knew your answer. Not that he had anything to be concerned about regarding you. You didn’t intend to lose this one.
>Fine, then. You’ll forfeit- but only by the thinnest of margins. Maybe this was about more than whether or not you’d be hurt by this.
>Agree to not go through with this, then- but he’d best know that you expected something in exchange. He’d give you something you wanted- and you’d give Yuliana what she wanted anyways. The knives were coming out no matter what your next move. (What “something?”)
>Other?
>>
>>6065208
>Then he already knew your answer. Not that he had anything to be concerned about regarding you. You didn’t intend to lose this one.
>>
>>6065208
>>
>>6065208
It's time to pull Akagi maneuver and decide you have zero intention of turning away whatsoever.
>>
>>6065208
>>
>>6065208
>>Then he already knew your answer. Not that he had anything to be concerned about regarding you. You didn’t intend to lose this one.
>>
>>6065208
>>
>>6065208
>>
>>6065208
Got another one for the >gay nerd shit
We haven't heard from him in 8 years, so it's probably not metafagging to ask.
Count Von Maskat, the guy overlooking Richter's graduation exercise alongside Zierke. Was he just a sponsor for Van Halm and the other class standouts, or does he run the Armor Academy itself?
Just thinking about the state these bikes are coming home in and how badly Anya's getting grilled for it lol.
>>
>>6065212
>>6065219
>>6065220
>>6065231
>>6065286
>>6065333
>>6065386
>>6065438
Well, this seems pretty certain.
I'll have to update tomorrow. I'm feeling creaky and probably won't get it done today, with work this evening.

>>6065438
>Count Von Maskat, the guy overlooking Richter's graduation exercise alongside Zierke. Was he just a sponsor for Van Halm and the other class standouts, or does he run the Armor Academy itself?
Oh man, that's not something I've thought about in a while. I had to look back- and I would say he's an instructor, though not the headmaster. In a place able to take advantage of nepotism, but whose prestige isn't based off of the academy's roster as a whole.
>>
>>6065939
Piggybacking off of this >>6065438, is the Academy also a tertiary institution à la West Point for officer cadets, or is the course more like OCS and purely focused on commissioning?
>>
>>6066142
>is the Academy also a tertiary institution à la West Point for officer cadets, or is the course more like OCS and purely focused on commissioning?
The Academy itself is a university- though it pulls double duty because the course Anya is enrolled in is focused on the latter rather than full course. Comparatively, what Richter went through was much more like the former.
Normally such a place wouldn't be used for something as plain as officer candidate advancement, but given that Anya is a specialist, the most suitable place for said specialty is where to place her.
>>
File: swimsuits2023_red1.png (7.59 MB, 2374x1800)
7.59 MB
7.59 MB PNG
Tonight's another work night, and I'm feeling pretty wretched tonight anyways, so I'll have to push back another day.
To try and make up for it, I have the first pair of rendered swimsuit images...from last year, but still. I wanted to wait until all of them were done and get them all out at once, but here we are.

Strossvald has no sea on its borders, and while rivers and lakes and ponds are held within, swimming is not a common skill. Bathhouses abound though, and are particularly popular luxury destinations for those with the coin to afford the exclusivity. Archduchy modesty precludes the nude bathing that, for example, mountainfolk would think little of, but bathing suits are still a matter of fashion- and by extension, potential titillation- in Archduchy Bathhouse Culture.
The white tone of Maddalyn's garb here is not so modest when wet, suffice it to say.

Meanwhile, though the Reich and Halmeggia both are both more nautical and less modest than the Archduchy, the popular Atom Suit was never designed for proportions such as the Queen of Halmeggia Edelina Von Halm-Auric. Her pale complexion and shy demeanor would mean that the scanty fashion of the beach would usually be never donned nor even thought about- but rumor has it that a specialist was hired to design a "royal harness" and to make some sacrifice towards the Queen's hesitancy, a sheer robe was allowed. Ostensibly to take advantage of the queen's youth and health to encourage support for her, alas, it is only a rumor, as the harness has never been seen, let alone worn by the young queen...
>>
>>6066838
nice work tanq
>>
>>6066838
You know maybe monarchies ain't all that bad after all.
>>
File: scene94_sundownrider.jpg (893 KB, 1177x1200)
893 KB
893 KB JPG
Magnus’s jewel-like stare, eyes that you could see beauty in the cold solidity of, was returned with your own, and a scowl. “Then you already know my answer,” you told him. “I don’t intend to lose. Save your concerns for my enemy.”

“So be it.” Magnus said, taking a step back. “If you cannot be dissuaded, then at least take my own wishes to heart.”

…You couldn’t do that without running headlong against them as well. When the world challenged you, you fought. That was the way it worked. You had to be strong enough to never falter. To never have it take anything from you without a good, all-out fight for it. Yuliana didn’t have to be here…but you did.

To turn down so direct a challenge was not you. Regardless of danger. It wasn’t what you envisioned yourself as having to act. Especially with this match being one that, for that reason of prestige, challenged a piece of you that you couldn’t surrender. Even in battles of even or inferior strength, when the wills of warriors were tested and found wanting, they could be defeated even in a position where an onlooker would presume victory to be guaranteed.

This strength of will was what could never be lost if you were to be in command of your future, and it was time for it to be tested.

Yuliana had become small, a speck, near two hundred meters distant. Enough time to get to a good speed for this. Watching her unsteadily handle the motorcycle made you feel how she must have felt watching you try to cook. However, this contest was fairer than that. Even a shaky rider could grit their teeth and forge their resolve into hot, then hard steel, either form useful.

You lacked a watch to use for timing, so you stared west, waiting for Yuliana to start, the setting sun dyeing the clouds. Your goggles had enough tint to resist the sun’s last glare from going into your face.

The unmistakable sound came. Yet also, you heard it from…behind?

No distractions. Deal with one thing, then the other, you thought. Yuliana had waited enough. Time to go, you decided.

She had thought the same, as you both began moving at the same time. The VAM-6C bellowed beneath you, fully able to test the limits of its power on this long stretch of black road. When was the last time you’d been able to do this? Never. The dustlands didn’t have roads like this. Machines like this. Speed like this.

Exhilarating. You wished that Magnus would feel the same, like he let out sometimes back in Netilland.

>Go right for your opponent. Head on. Either she’d turn off or you were both history. (Requires Will Check- don’t worry, Anya is pretty hardheaded)
>Blow right by her. It would only be a small adjustment, but shocking enough that most people span out- or were psyched out. (Requires Maneuvering Check)
>Wait- behind you? Maybe you should put this off just for a moment and handle that…
>Other?
>>
>>6068401
>Go right for your opponent. Head on. Either she’d turn off or you were both history. (Requires Will Check- don’t worry, Anya is pretty hardheaded)
If there's one thing Anya is good at, it's being reckless.
If there's another thing she's good at, it's toughing out hits that would seriously hurt another person.
So I feel either way it's a win.
>>
>>6068401
>>Go right for your opponent. Head on. Either she’d turn off or you were both history. (Requires Will Check- don’t worry, Anya is pretty hardheaded)
>>
>>6068401
Judge above, wouldn't it be funny if the women Magnus loved died horribly in a motorcycle accident because he refused to make a decision?
>>
>>6068424
Would be somewhat funny if both got injured enough that they couldn't carry out the duel
>>
>>6068401
>Blow right by her. It would only be a small adjustment, but shocking enough that most people span out- or were psyched out. (Requires Maneuvering Check)
I knew Magnus would be the damsel in distress from post 1.
>>
>>6068401

Now is not the time for safety, i would say even let go of the handlebars when we are getting close (assuming the bikes stabilize themselves like modern ones do)
>>
>>6068401
>>Blow right by her. It would only be a small adjustment, but shocking enough that most people span out- or were psyched out. (Requires Maneuvering Check)
I think we can get enough out of this without actually dying, which seems unideal.
>>
>>6068401
>>
>>6068401
>>
>>6068401
When have the dice ever let us down before?
>>
>>6068401
>>
>>6068414
>>6068420
>>6068424
>>6068448
>>6068505
>>6068525
>>6068547
Headon. Apply directly to the forehead.

>>6068441
>>6068464
>>6068718
Use some of this blowing right knowledge you've recently acquired.

Alright, updating.
>>
Man, it's gonna be pretty anticlimactic if we just fail a check on like literally the one thing we should be really, really good at.
>>
Once again, sorry this is taking so long. I don't have any actual ailment or time restriction right now, I'm just feeling so lethargic that it's hard to get anything done.
I'll have it out tonight though.
>>
Nothing to it, no clever plan that needed consideration, nothing save will against will. The only direct route for that- was right into your opponent.

Somebody with Yumilia’s will would turn off, panic, not stare her opponent in the eyes until she collided, inevitably. You were sure of that. All that you had to do was be iron and unmovable yourself- and you were certainly capable of that much.

Yumilia hadn’t had more than minutes to get to know the bike, but you were both hurtling towards each other at speed- you’d probably be hitting the top of the VAM’s power right when you were close enough to blink at the sight of one another, and open your eyes again to nothing.
It was impossible to think about it besides the decision of the moment. Approaching each other took barely more than twenty seconds even with both of you seeming far away. It was the long, condensed thoughts of memory that flicked within your head.

There was a time that stung more than anything, in your new life after you had been adopted by Hell. When he had led his Iron Hogs south to the battle that would make his mark in the history of the wastes…without you. You were too young. Too lacking in skill, too weak.

Those days, what people afterwards told as Hell’s finest battle, were ever clear in your head. When you saw Hell leave with his Iron Hogs as they were then, they seemed an invincible host to your youthful eyes and mind. The truth, you had heard later, was the opposite. Hell’s mish-mash of his own elite and the various allies he kept to his side was far from large- he sent away those who were not up to his standards, even if he would have had near twice as many fighters though still far less than the invading enemy. Compared to the host of the Southern Cities, Hell’s alliance looked puny and pathetic. Yet, when the battle was over, it was they, incredulous, who were forced to flee in disarray while Hell’s forces ran them down.

You’d figured out, years after, what had happened. Courage and strength were what was sung about in taverns, not strategic calculation. Schweinmann had convinced Hell to let you puzzle it out, so the easy way was right out. Certain things could be figured out relatively easily, though. The Southern Cities’ army was unwieldly and uncoordinated, relying more on being so imposing that only a brazen fool would dare fight it, like a big animal’s posturing for its rivals. Hell had waited, delayed, baited and won insignificant and puny skirmishes, before doing what seemed insensible and suicidal, and diving right into the strongest, densest part of his foe- which they had utterly failed to predict the possibility of- and ripped them to pieces in the dark before dawn. It was a hard fight, any who’d been there told, and uncertain whilst being fought, but it had ended in victory. The majority of the Southern Cities Expedition’s armor had been the primary casualty, as well as the core of their command and communications.
>>
File: scene95_fullspeedahead.jpg (666 KB, 1500x1336)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
It had been a risky move, but the attempt at intimidation had backfired on the Southern Cities. Seeing the most powerful, most mechanized portion of the host laid to waste, rather than converging, helping, the other parts of the army had dallied and delayed, expecting victory, even when requests for aid had come, and then when defeat was certain, they cut their losses and fled, at first at a leisurely pace, then in a blind panic for their lives when they belatedly realized that Hell hadn’t decided the battle was over just because the toughest enemies were defeated. Those who kept up the fight were either outmaneuvered and unable to force battle, or were small and disunited enough to defeat in detail.

The result had been such a disaster that the Southern Cities never tried such a bold expansion north ever again, and never would, as the Republic of Mittelsosalia had sprung up and was more powerful than Hell’s cobbled together union had ever been.

Sheer boldness, madness, concentrated at the most vital point. It was like this very sort of match, in a way.

The moment to blink came upon you- and you kept your glare forward. There was no room in this world for an Anya that showed fear now.
Funny. Yuliana, in the small moments you saw her face close enough to tell, didn’t think you’d really go about this the way you were. You wished you’d seen that face better- maybe you did need those glasses after all.

>Roll 4 sets of 1d10. The results will be added- you must either match or beat a total of 10.
>>
>>6070515
Seems simple enough.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>6070515
>>6070517
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>6070515
Oh shit
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>6070515
Okay

>>6070520
>>6070521
So..that's already a win right? 6 and 8 beats 10.
>>
>>6070524
Yeah we weren't in any real danger unless we got super unlucky.
This was our guaranteed win much like cooking was Yuliana's.
>>
>>6070529
I suppose, as expected, it'll all go down to a knife fight, which hopefully we'll be able to win.

Or maybe Magnus will finally stop being a chicken and make his decision before the two girls he likes literally stab each other over him.
>>
>>6070515
Wait, Yuliana's showing her stomach now? That's our thing!
>>
>>6070524
>So..that's already a win right? 6 and 8 beats 10.
Yes, it is.
Honestly I almost made it 3d10 instead of 4 because I had a creeping mental image of, against all odds and sense, a series of rolls like 1, 3, 2, but it didn't turn out that way.
I also decided that if it was 20 or above then I'd do something more, so... that's going on the table now.

Anyways, updating.

>>6070616
>Wait, Yuliana's showing her stomach now? That's our thing!
Prior boldness went off target when it came to outcome.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>6070689
Aiming for 20
>>
>>6070697
...good thing we already had 20
>>
>>6070697
See it's funny because he said he was going to get a 20 but rolled a 1, which is the exact opposite of a 20 and the worst roll, so he was wrong, which is ironic, and thus funny.
>>
>>6070698
If you rolled another 20, Magnus would have instantly proposed to Anya on the spot and they would have started making out in front of Yuliana. Too bad.
>>
>>6070708
Well I did roll a d10, so that was always off the table.
>>
File: scene96_thecapsuleslide.jpg (792 KB, 1600x1330)
792 KB
792 KB JPG
The moment came. The moment passed. You were not dead, airborne, or tangled in metal and bone- though something had tingled like pins and needles cutting against your arms and sides, pulling weakly before fading off like the chill of wind.

Yuliana had veered to the side in a panic, so close her leg brushed yours, but she had been the one who flinched- and from the sound behind you, had lost control of her bike in doing so.

No need for any of your speed anymore- you clenched on the brakes, let your VAM-6C veer to its flank, and tilted it on its side as it slid to a harsh stop. The entire time, you’d been in control, from start to finish. That was what that showed to any watching, and all who remembered.

When you raised your goggles from your eyes and surveyed behind you, the scene was bizarre. There was the fallen motorcycle, of course, there was Magnus running over, annoyingly. Then there was a pack of six riders who had stopped and were just watching. Sleeves, from the looks of them. Whatever. They at least had the courtesy to not try and interfere.

You revved the motorcycle’s engine again, and coasted over to where Magnus and Yuliana were, the tingling in your veins cooling when you thought about what Magnus would think if the loser had turned out badly mutilated.

You expected Yuliana to be badly scraped, cut, broken when she got up, but to your utter shock, and curious relief…she seemed completely intact. Mystifyingly so.
Upon seeing that there was no emergency, you made your statement that none else needed to confirm. A declaration of victory that was all yours.

>“I win.” There was no need for more.
>Next time, she’d best be prepared to die. Let this be a show of the same determination for when the knives were out. There wouldn’t be any fortune that would stop a cut then.
>Ask why, if she was going to turn aside anyways, she didn’t just do that at the start and avoid messing up the bike. You were probably going to get shit for that, medal or no.
>Other?

Just beyond them, there was a group of punks about twenty meters off. Sleeves, it looked like, if you squinted. Six of them. While you thought of what to declare to your defeated foe, you thought of if they needed a rebuke as well. They were just sitting there, waiting, transfixed- apparently, they hadn’t decided to pick a fight with Magnus while this duel was on. How courteous.

>Ignore them. See what happens. You don’t have time for these dorks unless they become a problem.
>Call out and challenge them. You were sick of being assailed all day. Maybe the derringers would come out to play- and you’d try to be merciful. Or they’d just piss off.
>Ask nonchalantly what they thought of that. How many of them would have the nuts to even play this?
>Other?
>>
>>6072422
>Ask nonchalantly what they thought of that. How many of them would have the nuts to even play this?
>>
>>6072422
Supporting >>6072446
>>
>>6072422
>Ignore them. See what happens. You don’t have time for these dorks unless they become a problem.
>>
>>6072422
>Next time, she’d best be prepared to die. Let this be a show of the same determination for when the knives were out. There wouldn’t be any fortune that would stop a cut then.
>>
>>6072537
Supporting
>>
>>6072422
>>“I win.” There was no need for more.
>>Ignore them. See what happens. You don’t have time for these dorks unless they become a problem.
>>
>>6072422
Supportan >>6072446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKKSBHlxRdg
>>
>>6072446
>>6072448
>>6072754
Level, cool, and collected. What, trying to switch personas to terminator? You'll need a wardrobe change. Probably a stylist too.

>>6072481
>>6072749
Short and simple, only for people who deserve acknowledgement. You don't talk to dorks (Lie).

>>6072537
>>6072574
Give the platinum a piece of your mind. Best not to hide any intent, hm.

Updating. Tomorrow. My rate of production lately has been absolutely terrible, so I'm hoping that having my mind off it for a bit will help things.
>>
File: scene97_outfitreversal.jpg (682 KB, 1400x1279)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
What more was there to say? You stared down, then up as she was helped unsteadily to her feet.

“I win.” It hardly needed to be said, but somebody had to declare it. One for one.

Yuliana glared at you, eyes still wide and pupils narrowed, her face flushing again with what little color it originally had. “You actually weren’t intending on steering or stopping, were you?” Yuliana panted, “I did not think you to be utterly mad.”

You gave her a small shrug. “Yeah. Maybe a bit.” When you’d enrolled in the Academy, they’d had you take a few psychological tests. You didn’t pay them much mind, else you’d be more certain. The tests were probably made by quacks anyways.

Yuliana shook her head vigorously. “Senseless idiocy. What happens if you try to match suicidal wills with a stone?”

An accusatory finger was outstretched. “I knew well enough before this,” you said, “You’re not stone.”

Yuliana leered at you, then looked away. “Tch,” she closed her eyes, “We shall see. It will not be over until the moon is bright. Neither of us have shed blood, and that will be what decides this.”

“Nah.” You said, “Magnus is the one who decides it.”

“Oh?” Yuliana snapped immediately, “I think not. Whom is more skilled and whom is bolder has been shown, but the matter of who is stronger remains. Only when that is shown would I ever accept his judgment as decisive.”

“You are both vexing me,” Magnus interjected finally, “I doubt that a miracle such as this where nobody is hurt would happen twice, especially in what you plan to do next.”

…It made you wonder. Was it really a miracle? A glance to the VAM-6C that had fallen revealed that it was pretty badly beaten up in the spin-out. One that would still at least scrape up somebody in heavy leathers, let alone in the new getup Yuliana had donned, which was…some attempt to outdo you from earlier, you expected. Maybe it had affected Magnus enough for him to speak of it after all.

“Enough of this,” Magnus said further, “I do not care how much you hate each other, do not act mercilessly towards one another again, lest you make a difficult choice easy. Am I understood?”

“…” Yuliana seethed silently.

You were about to say your own piece, but Magnus grabbed you by your jaw and stared into your eyes. “That includes towards yourself. I did not take you as companion in battle so you could fling yourself into danger. There are plenty enough dead to mourn and crippled to be shamed for. Who would I revenge myself upon if you were not taken from me by an enemy?”
>>
…He was lucky you were into him grabbing your face, or else you’d have ideas about what ways those fingers could point. You glanced to the side. You still hadn’t acknowledged the gaggle of Sleeves.

Magnus seemed to remember they existed, released his hold on you and turned to them. “Whatever their purpose here was before, they were distracted by your spectacle. I think they’re waiting to be recognized.”

Neat. “Fuck ‘em. ‘Don’t have time for shit stuck on my shoes.” If they wanted to make an issue of you ignoring them, then and only then, you’d deal with it.

“Then we’ve no reason to stay,” Magnus said.

Yuliana cleared her throat. “What are you two acting so flippantly for? Magnus, you should be more careful. These people look like rogues.”

Magnus gave her a reassuring pat on the back as he lifted the motorcycle and tested it. Thankfully, it wasn’t broken from the spin-out, not that you had expected that, but it would have been shitty luck wrapped up just for you.

You wheeled your motorcycle up, watching the sunset instead of the bikers blocking it. Waiting for them to try something- but they moved out of the way, made a path down the middle of the road.

Their masked leader spoke up. “You ride pretty panzerritter, sister.”

No shit you did. Who were they to decide that? Grumbling was pointless though. They probably thought that respect shown with a mask on was the highest honor they could give.

The Sleeves had probably come to try and challenge you, try to take your rides, and you had half the mind to prompt them to confess that …but they were already turning around and motoring off.

Magnus clicked his tongue and set a hand on his hip, grumbling. “I was rather hoping they wanted a fight. They seemed willing enough when they confronted me.”

Shoot. Now you wanted to see the same, especially if he was in the mood to go for it rather than avoid a tussle.

-----

There was some time to kill before the last bit. The night wasn’t dark enough- and you had to have some privacy on top of that. No matter if you and your opponent agreed to it, the constables of the Archduchy were well familiar with the youthful desire to duel, and were ever vigilant to stop them from occurring. So you’d have to lay about some, which you wouldn’t complain about considering the wringer you’d been through. A good fight would have been one where you were in peak form, and you were a pretty far cry from that right now, with the motorcycle mishap on top of recovering from being shot up.

You had all gone back to the hotel room that Yuliana had rented- and she felt a need to shower off after the tumble she had taken. Still unbelievable to you that she hadn’t been hurt by it. At all. You had both been going fast, it didn’t matter how tough somebody was, there was no way even the luckiest fall didn’t rip up clothes or scrape away flesh.
>>
File: scene98_moonbloodblades.jpg (353 KB, 1020x850)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
In the meantime, Magnus had shown you what you and Yuliana would be dueling with. The razors for the “Moon Cutting.” Girdles, vests, and collars with light mail woven within were also part of the kit, apparently to prevent ugly disembowelment, though the rules of the duel banned lethal strikes intended for rapid exsanguination.

The “razors” weren’t what you thought they’d be. As predicted the blades had no stabbing point, but they were not lithe or small like a fighting razor might normally be. They were stout and broad, like cleavers- sturdy, graceless and brutal. The reason for that became clear on closer inspection. The edge was not steel, but rather, some sort of shell-like material set into the blackened metal, which glimmered like pearl.

“I was thinkin’ of something different than these,” you said to Magnus as you picked one up and tested its balance.

“They are authentic Ciecieksiczyca blades,” Magnus said, “The edges are nacre from crescent-buckler snails. Sharp, lustrous, but brittle.” These blades had not been used, clearly. Even their grips were unstained cords of some sort of very smooth, velvety leather of a sort you were unfamiliar with. “Tradition would dictate that you ready it for battle by declaring what you hold within your blade. Its purpose. Your strength, and what it shall sever.”

You glanced from the knife to Magnus. “To who?”

“To God, perhaps. Or whomever you wish to hear. The blade, certainly.” You weren’t really keen on prayer. As far as you figured, the holy high one didn’t do much judgement until you were dead anyways. Magnus wouldn’t have agreed with that, though. He was a follower of the Cathedra. A dusty old relic from before Alexander, before the Shattering. “It comes from knightly tradition. A small piece of a greater ritual.”

It was pretty clear to you that the one who wanted to hear it most wasn’t a piece of steel, a snail’s house, or an apathetic deity. That mattered more right now anyways.

“I’m going to find a place for you two,” Magnus said as he got up off the wall, “Don’t kill each other while I’m away.” He left, and shut the door firmly behind him, leaving you alone with the knives.

What you held in “your” blade, huh.

…Though your “blade” would be a tank, not this knife, you’d go through with it anyways. In your blade, you held…

>Ardor
>Passion
>Vigor
>Talent
>Hatred
>Another Single Word Concept

…and this would sever…

>Greed
>Order
>Silence
>Anarchy
>Injustice
>See above's "Other"

Also-
>Use Protection (Outfit Change)
>No Need.
>Other things/Stuff to deal with before the last duel?
>>
This one wasn't as late as the last ones, but I will have to delay calling the update for a day or so, because I'm flying down to visit relatives and family friends today, so that'll fill up my day real well.
At the very least even with the delays we're nice and close to the end. Finally. At least it gives me plenty of time to consider what's got to happen in Revolutionary Man, and PCQ's return after.
>>
>>6075079
>Vigor
>Pride
>Use Protection
Don't want to be like mama.
>>
>>6075079
>Resolve
>Pride
I think 'Resolve' fits Anya better than the other choices.
>>
>>6075079
>Another Single Word Concept (Perseverance)
>Pride

>>6075084
Looking forward to going back to pastaland and the road to war!
>>
>>6075079
>Resolve
>Pride
One more time, Tanq.
We're gonna need one more Anya Outfit.
Just one more...
>>
>>6075105
You forgot the outfit that comes after Anya gets to claim Magnus - the 'wearing nothing' outfit
>>
>>6075108
Nah, when that happens we'll finally see what we've all been really waiting for.
Magnus hang mangnum dong
>>
>>6075111
After all the shit she's had to go through and all the years of stress Anya will have to unload, i fear for his pelvis.
>>
>>6075113
Well, I doubt they'll get that far on their first time.
What you should be worried about is her being able to successfully put Mathilda's advice to good use.
>>
>>6075079
Supportain >>6075087
>>
>>6075079
>Resolve
>Pride
>Use Protection

Also i am very suspicious of how she didn't get hurt at all. Could it be magic fuckery?
>>
>>6075079
>Perseverance
>Pride
>Use Protection
>>
>>6075087
Vigor- You've certainly got some to live through what you have.

>>6075089
>>6075105
>>6075326
Resolve- Or rather, it's what's in you that counts more than makes you.

>>6075094
>>6075344
Perseverance. Similar enough, though maybe less romantic.

>>6075087
>>6075089
>>6075094
>>6075105
>>6075326
>>6075344
All to sever Pride- though where is such a foe, without or within?

>>6075087
>>6075089
>>6075094
>>6075105
>>6075326
>>6075344
And the final form. Theoretically.
Yena has people fearful.Also getting Anya knocked up would be unideal for some future plans I'm sure, but that's another deal entirely.

Updating.

>>6075122
>Well, I doubt they'll get that far on their first time.
Magnus is rather traditionally minded about that sort of thing. Normally. Needing a ring on first and all, at least theoretically.
Whether Anya tolerates that is another question.

>>6075326
>Could it be magic fuckery?
It would be hard for Anya to tell for sure, that's certain.
>>
Going to have to delay for a day, sorry people, just going to be out all day today and got caught basically halfway done with the drawings.
Though I may as well ask now, what level of outfit change would you all be interested in? Like a full vote on wardrobe shift, or would you rather just shove the new set on top of the current backless outfit (with or without sweater top) and move right along a la RE4 late game armor?

Would be a good time too to gather general questions that I can answer when I get back.
>>
>>6076626
I guess the latter? Not like they're professional duelists or anything.

As for general questions:
Would Anya get her future tank crew from the Academy once she graduates like Richter did, or be assigned one from the unit when she gets back?
>>
>>6076653
>I guess the latter? Not like they're professional duelists or anything.
Alright then. We'll go with that. No opposition to it after all.
...Or anything at all really.

>As for general questions:
>Would Anya get her future tank crew from the Academy once she graduates like Richter did, or be assigned one from the unit when she gets back?
Considering that she is theoretically already part of a unit, she would get crew from said unit rather than the stock the academy uses to furnish new formations, even if said formations might only be replacement companies.
That said, it is more than a little likely that she'll continue to keep using the same crewmen she used back in Alpha Two and Netilland, even if said men are not presently here.
>>
>>6076110
>Magnus is rather traditionally minded about that sort of thing. Normally. Needing a ring on first and all, at least theoretically.
>Whether Anya tolerates that is another question.
This sounds like an excuse to use what Mathilda taught her. Something something Catholic schoolgirls.
>>
Sorry again for the delay, the days have just been completely packed lately. Ostensibly because of a vacation, even if I'd more generally call it obligation, though maybe it's what I needed to get me out of a funk.
Which basically means I keep getting cut off from actually finishing the update each time. Fun. I'll see if I can get it done today but I have absolutely no idea when that'll be.

>>6077226
>Catholic schoolgirls.
Magnus would probably prefer it if Anya was a Cathedra adherent, but in case it hasn't been clear, Anya isn't particularly respectful of religious structures- let alone half-broken up and declining ones.
>>
File: scene99_knifelook.jpg (420 KB, 872x1300)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
What was there but your resolve that had carried you this far, out of a place where you very well could have died before you were a woman grown? Even beyond that, when most settled in to wait for a quick death, you were out of there and set to shoot beyond. Yes, you had naught to be ashamed of when it came to the persistence of your will. Your grit, what Hell always said was the steel of the soul.

What then, did you smite with that?

Pride, perhaps. Not your own pride. The sort of blind haughtiness that sought to crush your will. The arrogance of those who thought where they came from naturally made them superior to you. How many such people had fallen thinking that such empty ego made them invincible, only to lose faith in that at the critical moment? Assuredly many had died for that by you or your crews’ guns.

Anyways. You toyed further with the duel blade, felt for where its weight worked for and against it. With how brittle the edge was, its mass wouldn’t help much, most likely, but it would make it useful for defending against its twin.

The shower stopped, and in a few minutes, Yuliana walked out clad in a towel.

“Magnus went out,” you felt the need to say.

“I know,” Yuliana said with an annoyed huff. She padded by you, glancing at the knife in your hand. “I wonder if you’re thinking of cutting me, right now?”

You gave her a coy look. “Nah. But if we both had towels, I’d whip you like a horse.”

The pale headed bitch scoffed loudly. “Heaven forbid that Magnus sees you in the nude. He might swear off women for good and return to blind war.” Yeah, yeah.
“I ain’t into chicks, let alone cunts, so don’t get your hopes up,” you said dully, waving the knife placidly before flipping it in your hand and setting it back on the table whence it came, “Y’know, I’ve been thinkin’. Pretty clear right now that you don’t got so much as a scratch, a bruise, from that crash. I don’t even think your hair was messed up.” You looked her over skeptically. “Magnus ain’t here. Just us. You got a secret you want t’ spill?”

It wasn’t like you had no reason to suspect something odd. You vaguely recalled once, when you and Richter were drunk, he rambled on about strange things, unnatural things, sorcery and creatures of the deep, of ghosts and spirits. The sort of nonsense plenty of people believed in, sure, but not enough to actually think they did more than be blamed for poor fortunes and bad sleep. You vaguely remembered that the man had been witness to far, far more than such little things as that.

Did you believe him then? Well, you hadn’t seen anything, but enough strange had happened around him, and he seemed so certain, that you couldn’t be as certain as you once were that such things as magic and evil spirits had no place in a world such as this.
>>
Yet Yuliana gave you a condescending look like you were a child giving the same fairy tales the time of day, asking about the thing that lurked in the long shadows of night by the cot. “Of course. I am a witch, with unnatural beauty, come to steal away your prize,” She postured like a table dancer, “Like I am taking an eye, for my father the dragon bereft of his by you, and next I shall take to the sky like the queen of the sky.” Neither tale you were not familiar with. “Do not be absurd. Why be disappointed with how I am unharmed? Imagine Magnus’s fury if, because of your madness, I had been horribly maimed with a duel left after that. Save your spite just a few hours more.”

If you were able to do some sort of magic, you wouldn’t have said you could, either. Not that such an overwrought and performative denial would have been convincing even if she was telling you the color of blood.

Yet how were you supposed to fight that, if you weren’t just being psyched out by pure good luck? You’d have to just see what worked in the moment. Since on the other hand, if it was something strong enough, she had no reason not to convince you right here…unless she had some sense of honor about actually fighting out the duel.

Yuliana walked past you to get dressed, and neither of you had more words anyways. Which left you to don the dueling armor. Better to hedge your bets on needing it, considering it didn’t look like anything heavy or restrictive. The girdle, collar, and vest went on- a small breastplate pushing in on the right of your chest. If it wasn’t for the soft tinkling of the exposed chain scraping against itself when you shifted your waist, you would have thought it was just a simple cloth harness. A light and supple sort- maybe silk. It’d fit the resources of some ancestral wealth.
>>
File: scene100_duelingarmor.jpg (602 KB, 1127x1300)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
It all went over top what you were already wearing. Save for the sweater. Its time had come and gone.

“You clean up rather well in formal wear,” Yuliana said, having dressed herself in taut sleeved shirt and trousers, pacing around you. “Though your hair should be evened past your neck.”

“You dressin’ me now?”

“From what I’ve heard,” Yuliana said as she went around back, and you felt an unwelcome finger brush over the scar above your right scapula, “You’ve looked your best with that decision left up to others.” To hell with that. You put on a uniform because you wished to, and hardly ever wore them to standard.

…Unless Magnus had presumably referred to something else.

“Tell me,” Yuliana said as she crossed in front again, “You have no intention of losing. Neither do I. Yet unless we behead one another, or our souls meld into one body, somebody must be the victor over the other.”

“The last one sounds best t’ me.”

“As to I. Yet if you lose Magnus to me, will you simply accept that?” She stopped in front of you and stared, “Because I would not. I could say many things about you, but weakness and cowardice are not among those. Yet what happens should your courage and strength falter? Will you bow your head, or…” She lifted the other blade in her hands and drew her finger across it- a drop of blood ran down its edge. “Would you do as I would?”

>If Magnus didn’t want you, then you’d let him go. Such was what you already wished of him. Even if it broke your heart. You didn’t own him- unlike how she clearly thought. Besides, there were other good men…though not many.
>Do as she would? Probably, if she referred to hounding him still after. You wouldn’t let him shackle himself to somebody not worthy. It was the least you could do, if you truly loved him.
>Other?
>>
>>6078288
>If Magnus didn’t want you, then you’d let him go. Such was what you already wished of him. Even if it broke your heart. You didn’t own him- unlike how she clearly thought. Besides, there were other good men…though not many.

I don't think Anya is a 'he's the only person in the world for me' kind of gal. Something something knowing her self-worth and respecting people's choices
>>
>>6078288
>I'm not quite sure what I'd do - but I do know that I'm not nice enough to let you keep hounding Magnus if I win.
We really need to get Magnus away from this harpy.
>>
>>6078290
well unless Magnus goes out west as well going to be hard to do so in the near future, since Anya has an actual job with responsibilities unlike someone.
>>
>>6078293
We're acting nice to her because of Magnus and because we're honoring the competition. If she tries to be a sore loser, Anya is very much capable of punching out her teeth.
>>
>>6078288
>>
>>6078288

Also if this bitch tries to come at us like she does now, after the competition when she loses. We should get some boys and beat her to a pulp like the duchess did to us.

Isn't she literally some glorified mayors daughter.
>>
>>6078288
>>If Magnus didn’t want you, then you’d let him go. Such was what you already wished of him. Even if it broke your heart. You didn’t own him- unlike how she clearly thought. Besides, there were other good men…though not many.
There is a number of motorcycle crashes you can reasonably be expected to go through or cause for someone before letting them go, and I think at this point we have reached or exceeded this number. Anya has her charms for sure but all the shed blood in the world cannot control someone else's heart. Or can it?
>>
>>6078288
>>
>>6078289
>>6078304
>>6078499
>>6078579
>>6078627
You're not so chained down. You're not at the edge of any different roads in life...

>>6078290
...but you'll be damned if you suffer this creature's presence any further, if she's going to insist on being like this forever.

Updating. The end is in sight. God this took too long.

>>6078499
>Isn't she literally some glorified mayors daughter.
Officially speaking, yes.
Beyond that, based on what she says, there may be more.
>>
File: finally.png (15 KB, 491x299)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Hey tanq , i wanted to tell you how amazing your quests are, seriously , i absolutely adore panzer commander, very few things have managed to captivate my attention in the same manner this quest has, i love it so much
This quest is what kept me happy this summer, spending nights outside sitting on my foldable chair with a beer in hand reading this quest,peak comfy,and very fun.It reminds me of better times
It managed to tickle me in every right way, drawfaggotry , interwar tanks , magic , cute waifus, interesting and well written characters , rich lore , quality writing , epic battles (example: anya beating the shit out of richter),pov's of other characters,and more. You are amazing tanq,you combined all these things and created what is in my opinion the best quest on this board.
I haven't finished reading the quests yet,i'm halfway through luftpanzer. I try not to hurry,i know i'm going to be sad once i finish reading them.I wanted to finish reading them first before telling you all this,but i was afraid that these anya drawquests would be over before i got the opportunity to.Since i noticed you said that the end is in sight i guess i made the correct decision.
You are awesome tanq,thank you for these quests.

Here's an extremely shitty doodle of Richter and Maddy,why is drawing so goddamn hard?
I should have just drawn stickman Malachi choking Metzeler to death.
>>
File: 1478141400034.png (157 KB, 600x700)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>6079307
Based vintage Maddy appreciator, glad to have you onboard.
>>
File: scene101_knifesedge.jpg (931 KB, 1600x1269)
931 KB
931 KB JPG
If Magnus didn’t want you? Why wouldn’t he? There wasn’t a reason you could be sure of, and you weren’t even gagging on your ego. If he didn’t, though…

“I wouldn’t do anything like a person like you’d do,” you challenged, “I want him to choose his path, and if he doesn’t want me on that, then I’d let him go. There’re other good men in the world.” Albeit not many. “He’s good enough to have whoever he wants, and I want that for him. I don’t own him. Like you think you do.”

Yuliana narrowed her eyes at you. “What words to hear from somebody who rides a motorcycle like the heavens could not stop her. Are your mind and soul different people?”

“I love a man, not a slave,” you said back, “One thing’s for sure, though. If he takes me and leaves your ass back in the place he left, where you sat and didn’t follow? If you try and screw with us, with him, after he’s made his choice? Try and do a second go when you’ve lost?” You flicked out the knife a finger’s span away from Yuliana’s head, and turned it aside at the last moment. A pair of silvery threads of hair fell from her head, but she hadn’t flinched. “The gloves come off. Mag wants us t’ be friends for some reason. It’s either that, or you get the hell away and never come back, or you’re buried. Got it?”

Yuliana’s eyes went to the knife, then slowly back to you, the corner of her mouth pinching. “We’ll see if your presumption comes true. I expect not to see you after I have exceeded you, regardless.”

Without any other words needed, you lowered the knife…though you could swear something had pushed your grip away as well.

-----

When Magnus returned, it was dark, and he ferried both of you to the dueling ground. One at a time. Unnecessarily, you’d have thought, but when he came back for you, it seemed he had things to say in the rented car, things he didn’t want to discuss in the room. Probably did the same with Yuliana.

“I wish you two could have some patience,” Magnus said quietly as city lights passed overhead, dim spectators peering in through the windows. The stars would not be dark when you escaped to the blooding grounds of your destination. “I would tell you of Yuliana’s kindness and have you see it, without her fighting herself. I would tell her of yours, without her trying to deny you it.”

You crossed your arms and sulked in the shotgun seat. “I ain’t the one who greeted her by callin’ her a whore.”

“I know.” He reached over to you and put his hand on your shoulder. Stretched out his fingers to brush your nape. “I must be frustrating you worse than she is.”
>>
That woman seemed set on hounding him afterwards, despite your warning. Would that be different if he drove her away by his hand instead? “If y’ didn’t make up for it,” you grumbled, “I’d have no problem ditchin’ you on the side of the road.”

The fingers, calloused from war, yet gentle in their touch, kept their stroking on. “I have no doubts of that. But I think you wouldn’t think to speak it if you felt neglected, either. The warrior’s life demands we grit our teeth much of the time. I can’t help but wonder if I’ve not shown you the affection you’d like.”

You turned your head to look out the window, watching the quieting streets of the capital of the Archduchy. There were plenty of people who would only be awake now, and they shuffled along or drove uncaring of the battle you were heading for. A few minutes passed, and Magnus pulled the car over.

“What’s the problem.” You knew you couldn’t be close. There’d be no place for the moon to shine down on the alleys, and the Archduchy frowned on public knife fights, even in the dark and away from the constables’ gaze.

Magnus hadn’t taken his hand off you the whole time. “Is there anything you want before this?” He asked plainly, “We’re by ourselves. If this is to be the last, I don’t want to leave anything half done. She has had a lifetime, you less than a year…but I feel you deserve at least the same.”

“You know what I want,” you said, looking back to him from the window.

The long-haired knight gave you a sad, weary look. “The time is fast approaching for that. You’ll fight your duel no matter if I make my choice here and now, but the part of me you feel most strongly for, that man, he would annoy you with how he feels about that. The feeling that I must watch you both fight if I am to clear any doubts about either of you.”

Doubts? You blinked at Magnus. “You’ve seen me fight plenty. Haven’t seen her fight none. Is it that close?” Your hand went to your modest chest. Then to the scar on your face.

As though in response, Magnus leaned forward and across. His lips alighted on the scar, at the bridge of your nose. “Nothing to do with that.” The intimate touch ended too soon. “I’ve seen you face many an enemy. Fight in a war on a modern battlefield. A cruel, mechanical place with little tolerance for honor or mercy. A duel…has no such rot.” He leaned back, but his eyes remained on you. The question remained.

What did you want? Here and now? Or maybe what you wanted later? Whatever it was, it wasn’t meant to have a thing to do with the pale headed bitch. Just between you, and your Netillian warrior.

>?
No second image for this one, just keeping it a bit easier on me
>>
>>6079307
I'm flattered, and glad you enjoy going through what's quite a lot of story at this point. Though I'm sure you've gotten plenty of time to catch up on whatever you've had left through all this.
In any case, you're quite welcome.
>why is drawing so goddamn hard?
It gets easier and harder the more you do it. Hell I wish I had more progress to show on that front, but it is what it is.
As I've decided is tradition, though, who are your three top girls from these quests? I do have the feeling that Maddy is at first place for you, call it a hunch.
>>
>>6079704
>Him.
Obviously, but, well, not happening right at this exact moment.
>Wasn't there some rot about promised knights and duelists getting favors from their courtly love? Ask for a handkerchief, or something. If only to bolster yourself or throw that bitch off her game.
>>
>>6079704
OH! This is an open-ended question. I was sitting here waiting on an update.
>You want to be someone worth loving and want to be with someone worth fighting for. Here and now you will prove what you've always known to be true. That you deserve both and put an uppity bitch in her place while doing it.
Simple dreams for a simple girl.
>>
>>6079704

>>6079728 this, someone that will have your back for life as you support each other.

Just don't ever let Alina hear any of this or Anya will never hear the end of this kek
>>
>>6079704
>?
>Here and now
>A kiss, or maybe two, and real ones so no funny chivalry buisness.
>>
>>6079704
Ask him if he will accept the duel's outcome, will he really reject the silver bitch if we win, because she will probably not from what she told us.

Also what >>6079721 said. He is our maiden after all.
>>
>>6079704
Supporti >>6079800 >>6079721
>>
>>6079721
+1
>>
>>6079706
Top 3 girls...
1.Maddy,you guessed right.
2.Winnifred
3.Now i'm really not sure,but i think it might be Emma.
Still got quite a few threads to read though,so this might change.

Also,a question,is panzer commander finished? It's not written in the pastebin,unlike luftpanzer or ashen dawn.I don't wanna spoil myself by checking the last thread.
>>
Won't be calling the vote until tomorrow, too much happening today and plenty to figure out even after.
>>6079994
>Also,a question,is panzer commander finished? It's not written in the pastebin
Not yet- you could call this an interlude, even, for it, but it's basically concluded its second arc and on hiatus until I finish the side stuff which is this and Revolutionary Man. Considering between the first arc and second was just Luftpanzer (or Wedgie, luftpantsu as one might call it) there's been a lot more side material this time...albeit stuff meant to be standalone, so maybe "side" is a misnomer.
>>
>>6080030
Should say, I'm phoneposting presently. Which might work for written updates (the drinking game sequence with Anya in the Ellowie arc was written during an art festival I'm set to attend again this year, while on minimum battery. It's been so long...) but this setup is not ideal for a drawquest.
>>
Alright, time to call this.

>>6079721
>>6079800
>>6079801
>>6079869
You.
Or, well, for the moment, I need a token from my maiden. Not that sort of maiden, nor that sort but- you know what, just fork it over.

>>6079728
>>6079766
I want to be good enough for you. No, better. The best. And I want to prove that I am.

>>6079799
Give me some sugar, big man. Be thankful it's not a snowball.

I'll be going minigolfing between now and when I can actually update, so in the meantime, I don't believe any of these are mutually exclusive, but I'd just like to be sure everybody would be fine with demanding kisses in the meantime.
>>
>>6080748
I am definitely fine with that. Make sure to hold him tight, too.
>>
>>6080748
sure
>>
Delaying until tomorrow. Yesterday sort of took it out of me so I'm taking today easy. Plus the update's a hefty one, which means more of...everything.
>>
File: scene102_qoda.jpg (300 KB, 900x895)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
What did you want? You glared at Magnus, and were tempted to just say You, but that was obvious as it was unlikely to get what you wanted from it. So instead, like you’d spent all day thinking about it, you spoke right from the heart. “Y’ asked what I wanted. I want a lot of things. When I was little, it was the same, but I knew better than t’ think I could get any of it. That’s not so now. I want t’ be somebody not just worth the life I’ve been given, but worth loving, worth havin’ somebody like you who’s good enough t’ fight for. I know I deserve those things, and I wanna prove I do. And show anybody thinkin’ different, that they can’t decide that for me.” You crossed your arms tight against yourself. “That’s just for myself. You can’t give me that. What y’ can give me, though, is…” You trailed off for a second. “I don’t know much ‘bout old court rot, but there was something like a knight getting a favor from their maiden, for luck or well wishing, right?”

Magnus frowned at you. “Well, yes, but that implies that I am the maiden..?”

You reached out and played with a lock of his hair, black as the sky above. “Yeah? You gonna give me it or what?”

He thought for a moment, then reached into his pocket, taking out a piece of shiny blue silk folded into a it was covered in decoration. He handed it to you. “There.”

You opened it up- it was perfectly clean, unused, though faded from age rather than use. “Somethin’ from home?”

“No,” Magnus said, “I bought the silk from a wasteland merchant and embroidered the text and decoration myself, to make a tract.”

He could sew. He could cook. He could fight. What more was there to say?

“It is from the Chronicle of Morginn,” Magnus said, taking your quiet as a request to explain, “The First Saint, who ventured to the Isle of Prophecy when it rose and recorded the commandments of the Judge Above, and spread them to the world. Though to be more specific, it is from the final piece of it, that some might call apocryphal, since that is when he ceases recording of the first and foremost laws of the Judge, and devotes to the sacred texts a chronicle of his own existence. The sum of himself, and the man he was before and after he found the fiery light of Judgment. A space for humility after divine proclamation. That and some parts of it are why some of the Cathedra debate upon its inclusion in the greater Chronicle and its meaning, but that is hardly why I carry it. It is because of what it says.”

You looked over the red embroidery. It was in a language you didn’t know. “This ain’t Old Vitelian. It’s Old Nauk runes.”

“Yes. It is the script that the Chronicles were written in before the fall of Nauk Imperial sent the Cathedra westward.”

“So what’s it say?”
>>
Magnus traced his finger down the runes. “Let the terrible enormity of my purpose inspire those who follow, let them be emboldened by the light, not cowed by its fire. Followed after by, Let them carry onwards to pass forth what they have exceeded of me. A heartening message. The first saint expected humanity after him to only be greater.”

You’d heard plenty of saints were blowhards, but you didn’t want to spoil this. He was right, after all. This was a message of humanity. You took the cloth from Magnus’s fingers, and put it in the dueling harness’s breastplate. Against your heart.

“There’s one more thing,” you said.

“You want a lot of things,” Magnus said, though it wasn’t in a mocking tone.

“I said so,” you licked your lips, “Just one more thing. Nothing like hoity toity chivalry or philosophizing. I want a kiss. Or maybe two.” When Magnus leaned in, you put a pair of fingers to his chin and pushed back. “No pecks. Real ones. I want you t’ kiss me like you mean it.” When Magnus raised a perplexed eyebrow, you added, “Don’t give me that look. You know what I mean. Do it like I’ve never had done t’ me before.”

Thankfully, he seemed to get that. He reached down to his seat, and adjusted it- a fancy car this was, with how back and down that seat could go. “Come over here,” He beckoned, grasping your arm. “Over on my lap.”

You hesitated, then clambered over.

“No,” he said, his hands on your waist and hip, turning you. “Like you mean it.”

So you straddled him. Your legs on either side of him. A guiding hand pushed you against him, and instinct put your arms around his back, squeezing him tight against you. Your lips touched together before you knew it- you were taken off guard by how violently his seized yours. Like how he must have felt when you had kissed him the first time. Unbridled and wild. If there was any chain on the passion, then his full might would have broken you the moment you tasted him.

His fingers ran over your scapula, down your spine. The touch was electrifying.

After a minute spent in a daze, you suddenly became aware of a change- his lips had left yours. Was it over?
>>
Not yet. You had bargained for two, and you took the second. This time, the heat and aggression were properly shared. Your lungs burned for breath, but you only gave them that momentary gasp before contact was made, and kept.

When you separated, it wasn’t because you willed it, but because your chest burned for breath enough to make you feel faint, and made you slip away, then yank yourself upwards, gasping, his sweet breath filling your own labored panting.

His hands had moved from your spine, to firmly squeezing your heinie, and moreover, while you had been making out, you had noticed another development, and ground yourself on it with a smirk.

“Am I makin’ you hard?” you asked smugly. Thank goodness your long-past insult of calling him pencil dick wasn’t coming back to bite you.

He let go of your ass, like he’d woken up. “Have patience, Anya,” he said as he sat up and carried you up with him, “Keep it in until marriage.”

Your body didn’t want to hear that. You didn’t want to hear that. You’d been riled up, damn it! Yet your blood was cooling. He was right- and so, the heat inside died, even if it left your cheeks last as you clambered off your boyfriend’s lap. A reassurance bubbled inside- he was holding himself back from you.

…Marriage though, huh. Psh. When would you be ready for that? You didn’t want to become your mother, after all…

You felt good, though. Like a million strossmarks. Made of gold and steel. Being kissed and groped hadn’t been healing in the past, but this was different.

The look on your boyfriend’s face had turned stony again, though. Troubled and cold. The warmth for some reason faded far faster from him than you. With that, a feeling that had been unknown until now had bubbled up where just a moment ago there had been nothing but affection.

That other bitch had to dealt with.
>>
“Hey.” You said, “Whatever happens, it’s still your choice, right? ‘Cause silver hair thinks it’s not. She’s saying she won’t accept anything but her takin’ you.”

Magnus had a stoney expression. “She can do as she wishes. As will I. But if she goes back upon her word for this to be the final word on our futures, then I will not recognize her as the woman she was.”

Whatever that Yuliana had been, you had no clue- but it served as your answer.

“The same applies to you.”

“Eh?” You frowned at Magnus, “What d’ya mean? Who else am I besides what you know?”

“Anya,” Magnus said without looking at you as he started the car again, “I know you are brave. I know you are fierce. Those need no duel to be revealed.” A pause. “You didn’t want to talk about marriage, earlier today.”

A sigh came unbidden from your lips.

“May we speak of it now?” Magnus pressed, “You show little fear of battle, of death. Yet what many dream of seems to terrify you.”

You glanced over sullenly. “What, you gonna marry me right after I win?”

He reached over and stroked your cheek, your lip. “Not if you would think it a chain.”

>A wife was supposed to stay home and raise children. You didn’t want to be a wife who wasn’t a mother, or a mother who didn’t care for children- and you were afraid you’d be one of those. You couldn’t let anything stand in the way of your dream of becoming Hell’s Legend, after all.
>You hadn’t ever expected to live this long. You hadn’t expected this to ever come up. Yet here it was. Was it unreasonable to be afraid of losing the dream? Of losing everything you knew? Because that’s what you’d do if you were married. And you didn’t know how you’d do it.
>If he’s not going to make you marry him, then there’s no reason to talk about it. You weren’t your mother, you weren’t your sister. You’d waited for him, couldn’t he wait for you?
>Other?
>>
>>6083943
>>A wife was supposed to stay home and raise children. You didn’t want to be a wife who wasn’t a mother, or a mother who didn’t care for children- and you were afraid you’d be one of those. You couldn’t let anything stand in the way of your dream of becoming Hell’s Legend, after all.

Childhood trauma, manifest!
>>
>>6083943
>>If he’s not going to make you marry him, then there’s no reason to talk about it. You weren’t your mother, you weren’t your sister. You’d waited for him, couldn’t he wait for you?
>>
>>6083943
>A wife was supposed to stay home and raise children. You didn’t want to be a wife who wasn’t a mother, or a mother who didn’t care for children- and you were afraid you’d be one of those. You couldn’t let anything stand in the way of your dream of becoming Hell’s Legend, after all.
>>
>>6083943

I mean children could wait a while after marriage right? Or is this like the Metzeler situation if i remember right where he needed to get the nerd pregnant for the marriage to count.
>>
>>6083995
You don't wanna wait too long to have children, it can cause health complications.
>>
>>6083999
Yea i mean like a year or two nigga not when she is 40.
>>
>>6083943
>>A wife was supposed to stay home and raise children. You didn’t want to be a wife who wasn’t a mother, or a mother who didn’t care for children- and you were afraid you’d be one of those. You couldn’t let anything stand in the way of your dream of becoming Hell’s Legend, after all.
>>
>>6083943
>If he’s not going to make you marry him, then there’s no reason to talk about it. You weren’t your mother, you weren’t your sister. You’d waited for him, couldn’t he wait for you?
>>
Flying back home today, so vote call and update will be tomorrow.
Though I have most of the stuff already worked on ahead of time so it shouldn't be another obnoxious 3-4 day delay.
>>6083995
>Or is this like the Metzeler situation if i remember right where he needed to get the nerd pregnant for the marriage to count.
It is not. There isn't any law in Archduchy marriage stipulating that marriages must be consummated to be legitimate, nor that children are needed for the same, especially considering the lack of titles for both parties involved here.
More of a matter in that case of how property and inheritance and divorce works. And Anya's property is all either shared in possession with the military or outside of the country, and her own citizenship with any nation is dubious while Magnus is a foreign national, so-
You know, there's a reason Otomes aren't (usually) international marriage law navigation courses.
>>
>>6084208
I kinda assumed she would have Mittelsosalian citizenship at least due to being born there, even if she doesn't have any particular loyalty to Signyland.
>>
>>6083943
>>
>>6083943
>You hadn’t ever expected to live this long. You hadn’t expected this to ever come up. Yet here it was. Was it unreasonable to be afraid of losing the dream? Of losing everything you knew? Because that’s what you’d do if you were married. And you didn’t know how you’d do it.
>>
Alright I'm back home again.

>>6083952
>>6083986
>>6083995
>>6084010
>>6084425
Would you be a good wife? A good mother? Because perhaps a Legend can't be, and that was more important than anything else...and you knew what it was like to be raised, abandoned as an afterthought.

>>6083980
>>6084045
Now was not the time. There's plenty of future left for that.

>>6084574
You can feel the call. The desire to be a woman first and a warrior second. That would mean setting down your blades and guns, though, setting your steel to rust- and were you even capable of such?

Updating.

>>6084368
>I kinda assumed she would have Mittelsosalian citizenship at least due to being born there, even if she doesn't have any particular loyalty to Signyland.
Theoretically, perhaps, but Mittelsosalia is so young a country that gathering up all the records and recording everybody who's ever been there is...still on the docket. Censuses are important for taxes, but the common person has not been the target of taxation in the new Republic rather than export and imports, and city dues.
Of course, while Mittelsosalia would not protest at having Anya, such things as adhering to a national identity are...not very appealing to Anya.
>>
File: scene104_glowbugaudience.jpg (400 KB, 1400x1189)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
You weren’t afraid to tell people your dreams. That you intended to do the most with the life Hell had saved. He’d been unable to fulfill his dreams before he kicked the bucket, so who else could take up that flag but you? Admittedly, you were as put together on what you and Hell wanted as he had been, but you knew that to become the Legend of Legends, you had to be a warrior, for who could even know how long.

It wasn’t so easy to admit what you were afraid of that getting in the way of.

“What’s a wife supposed t’ do?” You asked, answering straight off, “Make babies? Take care of the household? Raise kids?”

“Well…” Magnus had an air of objection, but you weren’t having it.

“No,” you cut him off, “That’s what wives do. That’s what mothers do. I know that because my whore cunt of a mother didn’t do that. She rode on cock for coin and shat out two little girls and got her head beaten in. That’s not what a good mother does. Sure as shit nobody was marrying her. She was just doing what she wanted without a care for anythin’ but…but the next high. Drifting on until there was a man to fuck or somethin’ to smoke, or stick up in her arm, or whatever. That was the most important thing to her.”

Magnus looked discomforted, hurt, even. Like how Alina looked when you told the truth about mother. That useless garbage bin that couldn’t even be bothered to live for you both. The woman whose name you didn’t remember- because apparently, nothing about her life before you was worth a thing, even when she tried to ply you with kindness in dreams. “Anya…”

“I’m afraid of that, Magnus, I want t’…I want to be the best thing to ever happen to you. But I…” You pounded a fist on the car door. “I can’t give up everything for that, y’know?”

Your boyfriend’s mouth tightened, like he didn’t like part of what he heard. “I know what it’s like to chase after something grand. To be on a journey to ever improve myself, to always become the best of myself. Yet, Anya…” He leaned back in his seat with a sigh, “…I do not wish to journey forever.”

Neither did you…but you weren’t sure enough of that to say. Not yet.

-----

The place of the duel was out of the city, in the hills you and Magnus had toured earlier. Plenty of privacy to be had there- especially in the present dark and the full moon. The stars were bright enough away from the city to light the ground with a soft blue light, wherever the trees did not block them utterly. However, the clearing where Yuliana waited was lit by a trio of incandescent lamps burning gold. Glowbugs danced about, looking for love.

She stood there, staring as you rustled forth through the manicured grass. The whims of nobility wanting this land both tamed and wild at once, unknowingly setting a stage for you both. Nothing had to be said- neither of you were under any illusion of what you were there to do.
>>
File: scene105_duelstart.jpg (529 KB, 1400x1265)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
It was Magnus who broke the silence as he walked past you, then between the two of you, looking as troubled as before.

“For the final time,” he said, more ceremonially than seriously, “There is no yield nor forfeit that can be negotiated?”

“There is not.” Yuliana answered sharply. You didn’t bother saying anything. She hadn’t said anything about Magnus’s favor tucked into your harness- maybe she didn’t know what it was.

“Then let it be decided by combat,” Magnus said wearily, unable to keep a stiff upper lip like the first words. “Whomever falls here will yield to the other. By your honor, you swear this, by appearing here.” He then spoke of the rules of engagement here. “This is no brawl, no assassination nor ambush. Failure to adhere to these rules will be an admission of surrender. Firstly, no cuts shall be made with deadly intent. Secondly, striking with the foot or knee or any part of the leg is forbidden. Similarly, one may not hold nor pin their opponent for more than three seconds.” The Moon Cutting was not Wrestling, apparently. “Finally, should you fall to a knee or collapse to the ground for more than three seconds, you surrender. An attack may not be made upon a surrendered person, and you may not attack once you have surrendered. Is all clear?”

“All’s clear,” you affirmed, and you drew your razor from its sheath, tossed it from hand to hand. You’d been briefed on the rules before, and thought about what was unsaid. You couldn’t kick, but you could punch. You could only hold or pin something for a few seconds, but that gave enough time to make a cut or twist something. The off-hand was far from useless here.

Funny as hell too, not like the knife was weighted for it, but nothing was said about throwing it.

Which made you ponder why Yuliana put one hand behind her back, like she was fencing with a saber. Yes, she had experience in fencing, but still…there was also how she seemed to not have a guard up at all. Like she was letting you have a free hit.

As for you, you stretched one arm, then the other. You could use your right hand as good as your left, but your left arm was wounded and weaker. Even if Yuliana wasn’t as muscled as you, she could probably outdo your left side.

Yuliana began to edge closer, and Magnus raised his hand as he stepped back. Time to decide your first move…

>Blade in your right hand. Best to keep the cutting thing swifter.
>Use your left hand for the blade. It was sharp enough not to need force.
>Other?
And-
>The lowered guard was a trick- but still a surrender of initiative. Make your first cut a quick snap, it doesn’t matter where.
>Let Yuliana make the first move, even if she was trying to bait it from you. Test her fighting style. Don’t attack, just see what she does.
>What did she think she was playing at? If she was letting you have at her, you’d give her a good lesson. (A well-aimed deep slash, but where?)
>Other?
>>
>>6085386

>The lowered guard was a trick- but still a surrender of initiative. Make your first cut a quick snap, it doesn’t matter where.
>>
>>6085386
>>Blade in your right hand. Best to keep the cutting thing swifter.
>>The lowered guard was a trick- but still a surrender of initiative. Make your first cut a quick snap, it doesn’t matter where.
>>
>>6085386
>Let Yuliana make the first move, even if she was trying to bait it from you. Test her fighting style. Don’t attack, just see what she does.
>>
>>6085386
There's nothing in the rules about using weapons other than the knife. I worry about what's in Yuliana's other hand
>If she's baiting an attack, we'll bait a response - with a feint
>>
>>6085409
Damn, you have a point. It could be a trick.
>If she's baiting an attack, we'll bait a response - with a feint
There's no point in using a hand for deep attacks when the entire point is being swift.
>>
>>6085409
Supporting both choices.

Also try to grab her knife hand first chance we get, just long enough to cut her though, we dont have the strength to tug with the lame arm.
>>
>>6085386
>Other?
Slap Yuliana as hard in the face as possible after feinting with the knife, then go for her exposed upper arm or back, depending on how much she twists.
>>
>>6085386
If we start of using the left hand we may be able to pull off a trick later and switch to using the right hand.
This ain't a fight that is going to end too quick. If she has some tricks for avoiding a knife, figuring those out could be useful enough to accept the risk of retaliation.
>>
>>6085627
Don't you think that you might have to pick the option that's specifically 'faster' if you want to go for the quick attack option for it to work?

Man, is it gonna suck if we just roll like garbage and job anticlimactically
>>
>>6085631
My thinking was to use the left hand more sacrificially to get a feel for the fight, then switch up to using the right hand to try to press the fight hard later with more of an idea of how Yuliana is fighting.
If I was a Yuliana whisperer I would say she would expect a stronger sort of all out opening so I don't want to give her our best shot first.
>>
>>6085639
Well, it's also a knife fight. One bad cut is all it takes to win.
>>
>>6085640
For sure normally, but the rules do say no cut shall be made with deadly intent. A single fight ending cut would fall under that umbrella I think so I am expecting something like that to be avoided. I get the feeling that the spirit of the fight is to cut your opponent with enough minor wounds that accumulated blood loss will eventually end the fight. A wound big enough to be decisive on its own would be life threatening and therefore a mortal wound and should count as surrendering the fight.
>>
>>6085389
>>6085392
>>6085396
>>6085420
Right Handed

>>6085409
>>6085560
>>6085586
>>6085627
The Sinister Underhand

>>6085389
>>6085392
>>6085627
Open with taking the initiative above all else.

>>6085396
Wait for an attack- let her take the first move.

>>6085409
>>6085420
>>6085560
Feint- don't make a real cut yet. Try and draw her out.
>>6085586
And then return that bitch slap from earlier.

I'll let this be for another hour or so to potentially resolve any question of ties. If it doesn't by the time I get some errands done, I'll flip a coin.
>>
>>6085856
It's obviously a trick, gonna suck if anons fall for it...
>>
File: majorraspberryss2024.jpg (2.1 MB, 3474x2204)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
Rolled 2 (1d2)

Alright, time to flip a coin for right or left. 1 and 2 respectively. Then I update.
...Though I could say that the tactic with one more (I think?) has more left, but that's getting weird with subcategories.
In the meanwhile, I had plenty of time with the sketchbook recently so I got two swimsuit sketches done before the last year's renders. It is how it is.
>>
File: scene106_vengeanceslap.jpg (548 KB, 1400x1273)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
Was she hiding her other hand for a reason, you wondered. In fencing, it was simply to keep it out of the way, to prevent it from being cut, but the rules of Moon-Cutting said you could do whatever you wished with the off-hand. To do otherwise was to dare to take on your opponent with…well, one hand tied behind your back.

There was no way this bitch was that confident. How to get her to open up, you wondered warily.

You tossed your blade to your left hand and adjusted your stance just as Magnus’s hand came down, and the duel started. With a quick lunge, you snapped out an incomplete jab of a cut- this blade could not stab, but a near miss of one cut just as well.
Somehow, you nicked her- you hadn’t even been intending to hit her with that one, but Yuliana hadn’t even moved, besides flinching a little. She’d just stood there and took it, but you weren’t wondering why yet, you were already following through with the move you did anticipate hitting her. The attack that wasn’t from the knife at all.

One of Hell Gitt’s tricks in his fighting style was something called the Magician’s Strike. It was a simple enough principle- divert the foe’s attention with a feint while hiding your actual attack where their eyes weren’t. The real attack in this case was your right hand swinging wide out as you stepped forward to turn your hip into the slap. The sort of full power smack like Richter needed every so often.

Yuliana didn’t have a thick skull like he did, you bet. Time to wake her up- and pay her back proper for the train station trespass.

Your palm collided with her cheek with an echoing WHACK, and it snapped her head to the side as your wrist followed through, spinning her as her torso tried to compensate for her neck. For a moment, you saw the wide eyes of disbelief venturing sideways too slowly to glare at you. She was seeing stars for sure with that one.

Take that, you oh so proud queen-of-nothing whore.

She swayed on her feet, and you knew you had a moment to capitalize on. Whether or not she had been letting you hit her before, you definitely had something now…you could slice her wherever you wanted.

>Give her a chop right across the face. Make her as pretty as you are. Would serve her right.
>Slice her across the back. A wound on the back served to humble. Something she was in sore need of.
>Step back. Let her find her wits again. You weren’t going to take a free shot at her with a knife.
>Screw the knife. Slap her silly. You didn’t need an edge to cut her down.
>Other?
>>
>>6086087
>>Screw the knife. Slap her silly. You didn’t need an edge to cut her down.

Let off some steam, and I think Magnus would prefer a bruised ego to scars
>>
>>6086087
>Other
Stop being proud and cut her on the arm. We need to win this as fast as possible.
>>
File: OH YEAH MR KRABS.png (97 KB, 411x230)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>6086087
>Slice her across the back. A wound on the back served to humble. Something she was in sore need of.
Let's see what she's hiding back there.
>>
>>6086114
I should specify, by arm i mean the lower part. You know, closer to her hand? So she has no choice but to drop the knife?

I realize you people want to show off, but really, I just want to win this damn duel.
>>
>>6086118
Yeah I get it, but we can't expect a quick, one shot victory when the stated point of a duel with stunted knives and armour preventing kill shots is that we must force a surrender through attrition.
Yuliana said at the station that she intends to kill us, the duelling knives in all probability won't kill us, so she's probably got some other hidden weapon (at her back) that she's banking on. That's what we should be aiming to find and disable.
I expect if we take out her knife hand first she's only going to switch to the lethal weapon sooner.
>>
>>6086141
I HOPE she switches. Because the moment she does, Magnus will see her for the bitch she is and we can stop 'holding back'

Anyway, it's just logical. We have a free shot - so we take out her hand so she can only fight with the other.
>>
>>6086141
Also, did you see the image? Her other hand is free. She doesn 't have a weapon there. If she wants to pick a weapon she somehow taped to her back Die Hard style or something, we'd have plenty of time to react.

Therefore, take out her knife hand.
>>
>>6086148
>She doesn 't have a weapon there
Anya hides razor blades down her underwear. What makes you think Yuliana couldn't do the something similar?
There's plenty of space down the back of these duelling harnesses to keep a more substantial weapon concealed. We were both in a chef's kitchen earlier, don't forget.
>take out her knife hand.
There's no disadvantage to having an opponent's back. Unless your arms bend backwards, you'll have a very hard time staunching a cut across your own back. If she keeps fighting afterwards, the bleeding should be immense and she'll tire quickly. One decent cut across a medial or posterior deltoid and she'll probably lose the ability to raise that arm entirely.
>>
>>6086158
>Anya hides razor blades down her underwear. What makes you think Yuliana couldn't do the something similar?
Even if she did, she'd still have to pull it out first.
> There's no disadvantage to having an opponent's back. Unless your arms bend backwards, you'll have a very hard time staunching a cut across your own back
Even so, the effects of cutting the hand is much more effective and quick. You cut a hand, that's it for the hand. It won't be able to fight effectively. Then you only have one hand to worry about.
>>
>>6086087
>Other?

>>6086114
I support to attack the knife hand, reduce her offensive capabilities.

Also at the bottom of the pic, are those the health bars of each limb or in general?
>>
>>6086087
It's more shameful than the face, innit.
>>
>>6086087
>The picture
Kino
>take out her knife hand.
If we slice her across the back, she won't be able to threat the wound herself and Magnus will be compelled to do it, and we don't want that.
>>
>>6086087
>>Screw the knife. Slap her silly. You didn’t need an edge to cut her down.
I'm very suspicious of what her plan is here so I think doing the unexpected and keeping her off balance is the best choice. But if it comes down to a tie between the back or the hand I'd support disabling her knife hand.
>>
>>6086092
>>6086377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKa2lx1c-s

>>6086114
>>6086185
>>6086316
The enemy can not push a button if you disable her hand.

>>6086117
>>6086201
A second asscrack will do her good.

Updating.

>>6086185
>Also at the bottom of the pic, are those the health bars of each limb or in general?
In general. Just a simple abstraction- mostly because Anya came into this pretty ragged anyways.
>>
>>6086479
>In general
Damn, we already have less than half HP, we cant take any silly risks.
>>
>>6086517
Yeah, pretty insane. That's why i said to go for the hand. Then she only has the other one. And if we can disable that one too...
>>
>>6086087
>>>Screw the knife. Slap her silly. You didn’t need an edge to cut her down.
>>
>>6086087
>>
File: scene107_noyieldyet.jpg (544 KB, 1400x1272)
544 KB
544 KB JPG
”What separates manhunters from other beasts,” the Yaegir ranger Saeker had written in his book The Fiercest Prey, “Is their disregard for the structure of nature. Beasts have honor as much as men do- a cat will not dispose of their brethren with the cold efficiency they do their prey, to avoid dangerous conflict. Man should have no such restraint if he wants to thrive on a battlefield.”

Of course, you weren’t in this to kill anybody, but there was one thing you could do to win this right away. If Yuliana wanted to fight you with one hand, then you would take that away from her. The knife hand had been splayed out trying to find balance- normally a hand was a difficult target, but there was no such thing right now. You moved your left hand to her right, and like a saw, cut both on your way towards and when you drew back, a cry of pain accompanying the spilling of blood.

Yet the knife did not drop- you saw blood running down Yuliana’s hand, dripping off her fingers, it had been no shallow cut. She must have had only the weakest grip on it.

“That’s it,” you said, “Quit messin’ around and fight, or get on your knees.” You doubted Yuliana could fight more, though. At least not as well as she could have, given that you didn’t observe any ambidexterity from her before.

Yuliana had only a bit of fear in her eyes when she faced you, biting her tongue as she stumbled back to a proper stance. “You didn’t even cut me like I thought you would,” she spat as a cut lip from you smashing her face had prompted a little trickle of blood. “I thought I wouldn’t underestimate you again.”

“I ain’t gonna say it again.” Talking let her get her bearings again. Another moment and you’d give her another cut.

“Won’t you stay your hand to allow praise?” Yuliana said, and you hesitated for only a bit longer. “The thought of what you had that I did not, that tormented me, Nowicki. I realized what I was missing today, though.” She raised her blooded hand, “I have strength, I have might, but I was pristine. I’d never known true pain in my life, I couldn’t even imagine it. Then look at you. Simply a glance tells what you have over me, yet I was blind to it. So I thank you. Because now,” Her other hand raised, in a half grasp, “I can be a foe worthy of my blood.”

Enough talk. She could monologue further when she was on the dirt. You advanced- and considered quickly what you had seen on her while she had been yapping. The blood had stopped flowing from her hand, and her grip had somehow tightened- in a grip that was too rock-firm for cut muscles. There had been a few cool summer breezes, but something else was impossible to ignore- because now it was freezing, and somehow, it felt like another hand was on the blade of your knife.
>>
…This couldn’t her could it? Magnus hadn’t said anything about this sort of thing if it was. What else could it be, though? Somehow, this was her- but you doubted you could do anything about it.

>So be it. This was still a knife fight. Go for another cut, then. (Slash)
>She wanted you to cut her? Maybe you shouldn’t, then. Use your fist- it’s your strong arm that’s free. (Strike)
>Hang back- react to whatever she does next. She won’t be waiting for you now, surely. (Parry)
>Other?
Also-
>You can switch knife hands at any point- your attacks made with your weaker arm will be slower and weaker by default
>>
>>6086693
>Hang back- react to whatever she does next. She won’t be waiting for you now, surely. (Parry)
>>
>>6086693
>She wanted you to cut her? Maybe you shouldn’t, then. Use your fist- it’s your strong arm that’s free. (Strike)
*glass her*
>>
>>6086698
You think that's going to work twice in a row? When she seems to be able to turn herself into some manner of buffed abomination?
>>
Hmm, I just had an idea actually- using our punch as a feint. Feint that we're punching then stab. The issue is that I don't wanna use it when she's using some shitty trick on us that seemingly let's her put her hand on our knife.
>>
>>6086713
Actually, this just made me realize that trying to parry when someone has the ability to possibly affect our blade...not good, right? It says we can feel like there's another hand on our knife.
>>
>>6086707
>You think that's going to work twice in a row?
It will when we punch her in the tit as hard as humanly possible.
>>
>>6086733
As much as I'd like to do it, we're literally starting with less than half our health. And she's got crazy voodoo Magic. One wrong move and we lose.
>>
>>6086693
>>She wanted you to cut her? Maybe you shouldn’t, then. Use your fist- it’s your strong arm that’s free. (Strike)
>>6086707
>You think that's going to work twice in a row?
Yes, there's no problem that can't be solved by simply beating the shit out of someone. Incidentally it's a good thing that magic isn't real otherwise it would be really bad for us that there's no rule against using it here.
>>
>>6086693
>>She wanted you to cut her? Maybe you shouldn’t, then. Use your fist- it’s your strong arm that’s free. (Strike)

I forgot, was it Poltergeist who beat the shit out of Yva?
>>
File: jinroh_byebye.gif (1016 KB, 500x270)
1016 KB
1016 KB GIF
>>6086761
>was it Poltergeist who beat the shit out of Yva?
I wouldn't say "beat," per se.
Also I'm gonna try and squeeze in two updates today to get back on some sort of proper pace to wrap things up, so I'll be calling the vote and updating in two hours.
>>
>>6086693
>>Hang back- react to whatever she does next. She won’t be waiting for you now, surely. (Parry)
>Switch hands
>Other
If we can make a little space I say we try to wipe this blood off the blade, call it a hunch but I think it could cause us problems. If we can swap hands quickly to have a better hold and wipe it on the back of a glove or something that should minimize the chances of it ...slipping.

I would hope we can get a big enough opening on the defensive to make another play for something disabling, maybe a chance to get her in a hold and break something.
>>
>>6086697
>>6086770
Hold back- and see what happens next, because right now, you can't exactly be sure...
Also see about getting that blood off, though maybe not licking it like the other time.

>>6086698
>>6086749
>>6086761
You never were somebody who did as she was expected- if she wanted a cut so bad, you'd only be able to offer her bruises.

Updating.
>>
>>6086690
Did her Presence bullshit require a blood sacrifice, and she baited us into doing it?
>>
>>6086764
tanq, this copse we're currently duelling in isn't anywhere close to the shooting spot with the ruined shack near the camp ground, is it?
>>
Fucking wizards and shiet, those old world wizards gatekeeping magic are looking more appealing thread by thread what with the richter undead army and now this bitch.
>>
Well that didn't quite work out, oh well, still morning I guess.
>>6086907
>>6086911
This is not information you would have access to in character!
That said, Magnus picked this place, so the location is unlikely to have any intended effect.
>>
>>6087127
Man...not only do we start with less than half our health for some reason, now there's just blood rituals too. You're really making it hard for Anya.
>>
>>6087152
>there's just blood rituals too.
That ship has somewhat sailed at this point, though using the endcap / hilt to strike at bones / head etc. Could be an alternate option if less blood is intended.

Also is it just me or does Yuliana 's off hand esp. her inside fingers look like its wrapped around / manipulating something something

Hopefully Anya's Gorget is more functional than it looks, I have a feeling that we're going to need it, shortly.
>>
>>6087172
Meh..with how little HP we have, we're going to lose with 1 or 2 hits anyway. Especially when literally stabbing her hand only gave us like a few points of damage. It's a rigged duel. If we had full HP I could see us winning...but with less than half AND blood magic?
>>
>>6087174
>I could see us winning
We still have a chance of a favorable outcome, make her do something flashy so it gets noticed, disable the other hand or draw attention to it, after all, we only need Magnus to intercede.

If its not blatantly magical in nature, assessing if she would circle with us, or pivots to face us, could provide some insight into if there is some sort of ongoing setup involved.
>>
>>6087172
>Also is it just me or does Yuliana 's off hand esp. her inside fingers look like its wrapped around / manipulating something
It sure looks like it's tugging on blood strings... just like a soulbinder...
>>
While you weren’t sure what was happening, one thing was for certain- Yuliana had wanted you to cut her, and didn’t seem to mind much about the cut she’d taken. She’d expected you to slice her from the start and had let you get a free one in, and even if you’d taken that as a bonus after giving her the sort of slap her father should have given her at one point, she hadn’t been disappointed, despondent. It told you enough. The rules of victory were simply putting the opponent on the ground for three seconds. Pummeling Yuliana into a pulp would be as effective as it was therapeutic.

Besides, your stronger arm would be the one striking now. You looked at her fat chest, the unarmored breast, and saw it an easy target. Center mass. Soft. Ideal for driving a fist into, and unlike the solar plexus in these harnesses, unarmored.

Should you clean off your blade, you had to wonder. Wiping it off would mean lowering your guard, but if you could…

Yuliana wasn’t waiting for you to come and pound her breast through her ribcage, though, nor for you to wipe her stain off. Already she was coming forward- and you stepped forward to meet her, knife held out in a guard while you cocked your shoulder back for another haymaker.

Then something strange happened. The knife tugged somewhat. Little specks of blood danced in the air between you and Yuliana, and even though you were pivoting a hip towards Yuliana while she lunged with her knife towards you, and you anticipated being able to turn away from it…your left arm was suddenly yanked on by something unseen!

>Roll to Attack, 3 sets of 1d10- Attack is being interfered with in unknown manner, so roll is reduced! DC Roll Over 7, each pass increases damage.
>Roll to Defend 3 sets of 1d10- Due to Attacking, the Defense Roll is lesser. DC Roll Over 5, every successful roll out of 3 mitigates damage, potentially nullifying.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>6087313
Ok ok ok we got this.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>6087313
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>6087313
Let's fucking go
>>
minimum damage, yikes
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>6087313
Wait, are we supposed to roll twice? Like, three rolls for attack, and now three rolls for defense?

>>6087326
Huh? No, we passed it twice. 7 + 7, 14. 6 + 3 + 5, 14.
>>
>>6087327
Bloody hell that's unlucky. It just had to be a 1? Somebody else go roll...we can still get the 5 as long as we don't roll ANOTHER 1.
>>
>>6087327
Where are you getting these numbers?
>>
>>6087329
Oh, i read it wrong. It's a DC roll, it doesn't add up. We failed every single one.

Damn. Guess we're just fucked, then. Total defeat.
>>
>>6087330
No total defeat. We still have a chance to deflect some damage.
It would be close, but assuming we get the next two, we might just make it outta this.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>6087313
I'll save you Anya!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>6087313
We ball?
>>
>>6087334
That was unequivocably not ball
>>
>not a single success
lol, i predicted it >>6085631
>>
File: CAt_WOcUsAAeoOp.png (28 KB, 137x175)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
It's Richter's dick all over again.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>6087321
>>6087324
>>6087325
Oof

>>6087327
>>6087333
>>6087334
Ouch

Damn guys, I guess we don't got this...
One more roll that won't count just for the hell of it.
>>
Pantsu players deserve to roast in a firepit of coals. You all roll badly, you all vote badly.
>>
>>6087347
I already knew it was gonna happen since the duel was announced. We were gonna get all the way there and then roll like utter shit.
>>
File: scene109_thelastgasp.jpg (542 KB, 1400x1278)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
You let swing with your fist, as hard as you could, like you were going to cave in Yuliana’s chest, but your body snapped left of its own accord- your fist reached the end of its travel shorter than intended, your knuckles only slapping the breast rather than driving into it- and some icy cold spread across your hand, filling it with the feeling of pins and needles up to the wrist.

That same left side that had spun you without you willing it suddenly seared with pain. Your knife hand had been jerked aside- and Yuliana had slipped her knife under your arm and cut deep into the side of your chest on the withdrawal. You snapped back with a bark of fury and surprise more than anything, but it was a bad cut. A really bad one. You could already feel the hot slick running down your side. She’d sliced you open from rib to tit.

Though, you weren’t done yet, and both of you knew it. What the hell had happened, though? The flickers of blood gave you the last clue you needed, and you stepped back, trying to wipe off the blood on the blade, but when you gave it another glance, it was frosting over- the chill spread from the blade to your hand.

Yuliana was silent and determined, approaching slowly and confidently. With you recovering from being shot and the motorcycle crash on top of that, you’d been pretty battered already…

…But Hell didn’t raise a quitter, and your legs weren’t broke yet. If you went down, you were going to make it bloody and bitter as you could.

You just had to figure out how the hell you were going to beat this bitch. Sorcery, or whatever it was, you remembered dimly being told about it but Richter had never said how to beat it- or if there was even a way to. All you could think was, if she could move you around however she wanted, then she should just tug you off your feet instead of messing with your knife…

>If she wanted your knife so bad, she could have it. It wasn’t weighted well for throwing, and didn’t have a point- but it’d be the last thing she expected.
>Use both hands on the knife. If physical strength still mattered, then you could at least keep control while you dove right in- and didn’t care how much you got cut.
>The one thing you had a lot of right now was blood- and if you were being generous, then Yuliana could get some too. Right in her eyes.
>Other?
>>
>>6087371
>The one thing you had a lot of right now was blood- and if you were being generous, then Yuliana could get some too. Right in her eyes.
>captcha: t4rt
Welp, we'll see who that's referring to when we roll.
>>
>>6087371
>Other?
She can't hold a knife if we break her fingers.
>>
>>6087371
>>
>>6087371
>>
>>6087371
She's already cheating, might as well even the odds with our wits.
>>
>>6087371
Did Richter tell us about the soulbinders' curse that prevents them from having relationships? If he did, we might as well tell Yuliana now to hopefully unbalance her
>>
>>6087371
If we can get a solid hit after blinding her with the blood, I think throwing the knife would work best in the next round.
>>
It seems pretty firmly for paying blood with blood, but I'll still wait til the turn of the hour to call it, just in case.

>>6087412
>Did Richter tell us about the soulbinders' curse that prevents them from having relationships?
It would be a drunken half-haze, but what is vaguely remembered could be enough to bluff with.
Fitting since it's not a curse per se, but again, more in character anyways to be unsteady with the details.
>>
>>6087383
>>6087385
>>6087388
>>6087389
>>6087440
Time for a blood donation. Do you know your blood type? It's a relatively new discovery, after all. Well, you don't have any diseases to share.

>>6087384
This little piggy went to market. This little piggy stayed home. The little piggy had roast beef...

Updating.
>>
What could you do? Not much, but you could hope for one thing, as you glanced around for dirt, or dust, but the grass was too dark and your opponent too close to go scraping around. There was one thing you knew that Yuliana couldn’t pull or chill, because it wouldn’t be anything she’d know to expect.

You had to buy a little time, though, as you clasped your hand to your heavy wound. Fuck that was bleeding a lot. “So what’s with this bullshit?” You demanded, a strain in your voice coming in that you hadn’t wanted to put in, “I’ve heard of tricks like this. You one of those mountain wizard people? I’ve heard you people always have t’ be on the move…got some reason for that? Can’t settle down like you’d want?”

Yuliana blinked, but tilted her head. “You know nothing about my blood,” she said without any of the anger you’d hoped for, just baffled musing. “It is not by any sacrifice from the mountains that you are laid low. It is the sheer gulf between the ancestry of you and I. The weight of destiny tipping the scales.”

Now wasn’t the time for a smartass comment, but you coughed out a chuckle. “Fate’s a slut, y’know. Even if y’ feel you’re lookin’ in a mirror, that don’t mean she’s yours. She’s everybody’s girl.”

“That wound looks serious,” Yuliana said coolly, “If I were you I’d surrender.”

You gave her a slight, pained smirk. “I’ve had worse.”

“This duel is over,” silver head declared for you, “I do truly appreciate you, though. You’ve taught me some things, in your way. But it’s time for you to stand aside. Or fall.” She made a readying stance- either you’d fall or she’d make you. But you weren’t quite ready for that to happen yet.

“Yeah, well, before that,” you felt your glove squish with blood. Plenty to do what you wanted with it. “I got a bonus lesson for ya.” You flicked out your handful of your own blood, right into Yuliana’s face.

“Akpth!” She tried to shield her eyes, but her alarmed yelp told you she was too late. Lessons were always better when you could figure out the answer without talking, and you wasted no words as you leapt forward again. You had the initiative again, and you’d have to make it count. You were already lightheaded as is, and slipping up again, magic or no, would mean you’d lose…

>The time for half measures was over. Make a deep gouge with your knife. (Where?)
>You couldn’t trust a knife that was in her grasp, even if she was distracted. Clobber her with a punch (Where?)
>Following this opportunity with something she could see coming was foolish. Throw your knife at her and then go for her knife. (Where to target throw?)
>Other?
>>
>>6087519
>Following this opportunity with something she could see coming was foolish. Throw your knife at her and then go for her knife. (Thigh)
They're big targets and it will hobble her further if we stick her good.
>>
>>6087519
>The time for half measures was over. Make a deep gouge with your knife. (Where?)
Inside of her elbow, if we can reach it.
>>
>>6087519
>Other
>Double Combo! Throw the knife at the back of her hand and then throat punch her.
Her grip is icy. We're not gonna be able to take the knife. But she can also control our knife so stabbing here's a no go.
>>
>>6087519
Supporting >>6087523
>>
>>6087523
>>6087531
Would a thigh strike even do anything if she can seemingly ignore pain and blood loss? Anyway, I just think we should throat punch her regardless of where we throw the knife. Can we agree to that?
>>
>>6087519
>The time for half measures was over. Make a deep gouge with your knife

Cut her knife hand again then throat punch her.

Kinda sucks that we are almost dead with just one of her attacks, imma be honest i think we're cooked.
>>
>>6087538
I don't know if we can even cut her with that stupid witch bullshit she's using. But I support the throat punch. That move should be really good. We're probably cooked anyway due to those shitty rolls regardless of what we do though...

Really sucks, we can't let Magnus be taken by a literal blood witch.
>>
>>6087532
There's going to be a fairly extreme difference in the degree of blood loss between a glancing cut to the hand and a knife lodged in a thigh, there's some major plumbing running along the femur after all. If she leaves it in place, it should absolutely reduce her movement, and she removes it she'll bleed very quickly.
If she's hobbled, we've got better odds of taking her to ground with a grapple, which seems like a more reliable way of beating her than chopping pieces off until she faints.
My issue with doubling up attacks is the likelihood of also doubling our chance to fail at both and taking twice the penalty, or it requiring higher rolls for success, and the dice are not with us.
>>6087538
The previous cut to the knife hand and slap only knocked off 3 points, we'd need 7 to put her out. I don't think trying the same trick again is a smart idea, she'll probably anticipate it, or send our knife off course.
>>
>>6087543
If we go for the artery she can claim that we did an fatal blow, though. I just don't think it would matter in the time of a fight.

Also, I'm sorry to say, but we're fucked. We're not gonna win if we just do normal. We have to gamble. And throat punching her would probably be very effective.
>>
Of course, if we're gonna have to roll again anyway (lol) I'd honestly rather just throat punching her

That's the one move I really want. Throat punching.
>>
>>6087545
There's armour around the throat, so I don't expect spectacular results from striking it with our fist if it's capable of turning aside a knife.
>If we go for the artery she can claim that we did an fatal blow
The throat has a cluster of large veins and arteries straight to/from the brain to occlude, a soft larynx to tear and a spinal cord to pinch, maybe all at once. Attacking the neck is absolutely a lethal measure.
We know she can manipulate and potentially slow her bleeding. If we puncture her thigh, we give her the choices of: Lose mobility and slow the flow of blood. Or remove it, retain mobility, but bleed faster.
Anya's a specialist grappler, and if we're losing the knife anyway we might as well try and slow her down make an opportunity to use that skill. All we need is 3 seconds on the ground and it's over, no need to batter and chop her to bits.
>>
>>6087519
Supporting >6087523
I do think it will be tough to go for her knife but with 1hp we can't damage race her down. Her whole body hasn't turned to stone though so I think Anya can find a way to force her to drop it or at least break or dislocated her wrist so she can't use her hand.
>>
>>6087576
>There's armour around the throat, so I don't expect spectacular results from striking it with our fist if it's capable of turning aside a knife.
And you think trying to break the literally magic grip is better? I'm telling you right now that it's going to fail, and that'll be the end of our chances.
>>
>>6087523
>>6087579
Lol, teach me to phone post
>>
>>6087523
+1
Tbh I'm not sure will Magnus will honour his promise now, use of magic/Presence seems totally against the spirit of the thing
>>
>>6087587
That would require him to realize she's using it.
>>
>>6087519
I'll have it said I support
>Throat punch
As a whole.
>>
>>6087519
>>You couldn’t trust a knife that was in her grasp, even if she was distracted. Clobber her with a punch (Where?)
Right in the temple, try to knock her out or at least send her head spinning too badly to slash at us accurately. I don't think we can hurt her throat through that armor. Also if we can throw our knife before punching I would say to aim above her eyes to keep the blood flowing into them.
>>
>>6087519
>Punch her in the head and continue punching till she falls
>>
>>6087728
> I don't think we can hurt her throat through that armor.
Bro, which armor? There are just two small strips of metal on the sides. The middle has nothing. There's no world where that counts as armor.
>>
>>6087580
>And you think trying to break the literally magic grip is better?
Show me in my post where I said anything about breaking her grip, my man.
My vote is for is: Throwing the knife at her leg. After that, we close distance, grapple and take her to ground.
>>6087781
Assuming there's actually no armour in the middle, it's still only a gap about 2 fingers wide, you're not going to get a whole fist in between that.
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 445x133)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>6087803
>My vote is for is: Throwing the knife at her leg. After that, we close distance, grapple and take her to ground.
No, your vote is 'go for her knife'. Do you even read the stuff you vote for?
>Assuming there's actually no armour in the middle, it's still only a gap about 2 fingers wide, you're not going to get a whole fist in between that.
It's not armor. Why do you keep saying it's armor when it's clearly not armor?
>>
File: 1724457426292893.jpg (174 KB, 424x897)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>6087804
>Go for her knife
Which requires we grapple, with our now empty hands.
>>6087804
>Why do you keep saying it's armor when it's clearly not armor?
These grey, steel plates suggest armour to me. I don't think the fabric of the harnesses we're wearing is preventing killshots all on it's own.
>>
>>6087809
>These grey, steel plates suggest armour to me. I don't think the fabric of the harnesses we're wearing is preventing killshots all on it's own.

Its probably chainmail to prevent thrust / cuting from penetrating, it shouldn't do all to much abut being crushed. Also it only spreads the impact, the energy still needs to be absorbed. So it should still hurt.

Also it doesn't go al the way up the neck just means we need to aim higher than would be optimal and the angle might be more like to graze then connect solidly
>>
>>6087809
>Which requires we grapple, with our now empty hands.
It means trying to tear a knife out of her literal frozen grip
>>
Anons really going to throw our last chance huh
>>
File: armorcoverage.jpg (264 KB, 606x669)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
Still a bit groggy so I'm not going to be working on anything yet, but to clear things up about the harness, most of the mail is on the inside as a lining, not actually visible. The cloth is going over top of the rings. Blue is metal rings and pink is basically just thicker cloth instead of any metal.
They're not detailed all the time because fuck drawing rings every single time.
>>
Alright, time to get something done before going to work.

>>6087523
>>6087531
>>6087579
>>6087587
"Your thighs are big targets" *grabs*

>>6087524
Move on up the arm.

>>6087529
Chuck for the hand, fist for the throat.
>>6087538
Mess up that hand more- and go for the throat.
>>6087612
Throat Punch, in genera;

>>6087728
>>6087736
The right hook. And the next right hook.

It always feels a bit weird calling these sorts of splits where I have to gauge the intent of "punch" versus "punch in a different place" and "throw." Anyways I'm updating.
>>
That knife of hers had to go somehow- and you couldn’t trust yours. What you were about to do might be going against the spirit of what this moon cutting was supposed to be, but as far as you were concerned, that had stopped the moment that magic tricks got involved. So screw it. You didn’t accept this duel to lose it.
A cut to the inside of the thigh was nothing to sneer at- it wouldn’t kill too quickly, but it certainly could if left untended. Magnus had a medical kit and know-how on the sidelines (too far off to see this ice nonsense or overhear any talk), but worst come to worst, too much damage very well could mean the end.

With Yuliana’s vision blocked and her distracted, she wouldn’t be able to react to what you’d do with your knife. It wasn’t an ideal shape or weight for it, it was made of some sort of shell razor that was stuck into the knife instead of being a forged edge, it had no stabbing point, but it could still cut, and that’s all it needed to do as you threw it into her advanced thigh.

How much it did, you weren’t watching for, just that you know it was a good hit, and it didn’t stick in, from the tap on the ground it made from falling. You were already dashing forth, reaching out for the flailing knife arm. That blade had to go, or else the next good hit she got on you might put you down no matter how much you willed otherwise.

No knife in your hands, all you could do was go for hers- however that needed to happen. You put your hands on Yuliana, one on her hand and the other on her wrist, and you found out right away that that wasn’t going to work.

“Filth-!” Yuliana spat belatedly, but you were more focused on how, like you had a hint at, she wasn’t really holding her knife now. It was more frozen to her hand in a lattice of blood. She couldn’t have let it go if she wanted to, and the chances of you convincing her anatomy to cooperate there were slim.

Oh well. The arm bent in several places, and there was more than one way to make it go the wrong direction. Though whatever you did would have to be fast. Touching her…your hands felt like they’d been stabbed with pins, especially your right hand that had struck her before, with how cold they felt, like nothing you’d ever known. It was a bizarre chill, Yuliana’s skin didn’t feel cold, but the warmth fled from your flesh wherever you grasped…

>Lock her wrist and elbow and give them a spin. Whatever breaks first, it doesn’t matter. That should keep her knife away for good.
>Try and slam her into the ground as hard as you can. All she had to stay down for was three seconds, after all.
>If her knife was stuck, then it could be yours anyways. Direct her knife into her own chest.
>Other?
>>
>>6088276
>Try and slam her into the ground as hard as you can. All she had to stay down for was three seconds, after all.
>>
>>6088276
>Other
Slam her into the side where the knife cut. That side should be weaker.
>>
File: file.png (7 KB, 830x340)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>6088280
I should specify, we should specifically slam her down. The rules allow for grappling/pining as long as it's no longer than three seconds, but the fight ends after three seconds

Ergo, if we use all our strength to slam her against the side of her wounded leg, and once she falls, pin her down, her three seconds will NECESSARILY end before OUR three seconds. As long as we don't fall together with her, then we can keep her down for the last three seconds and still win.
>>
File: 1632190690806.webm (2.9 MB, 1100x618)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>6088276
"as hard as you can", you say?
>>
>>6088278
>>6088306
Do we at least agree we should slam her on her wounded side? And ideally pin her once she falls? See the graph in >>6088292
>>
>>6088276
>Lock her wrist and elbow and give them a spin. Whatever breaks first, it doesn’t matter. That should keep her knife away for good.
>>
>>6088276
>>
>>6088329
>>6088341
I hope you realize that Magnus will probably have a fit if we just straight ul break her arm. He might reject us solely on the basis of being too bloodthirsty.
>>
>>6088355
I actually think a breaking an arm is within the realm of reasonable actions in a knife fight. If anything I would say we have been holding back by not going for maiming strikes to places like the nose, ears, and eyes.
>>
>>6088368
Doing an spin while locking feels more into the realm of 'turning an arm into shreds' doesn't it? Anyway, I'd rather finish it quickly. Last thing we want is for us to fall due to our weak health after such a hard upset. We ought to finish the fight.
>>
>>6088276
>>6088329
I want to change my vote to
>>6088369 is right the more I think about it, we don't have the luxury of be getting into a longer fight, especially with her frost debuff and the fact we just threw away our knife. Get her down for the count by any sick wrestling move means necessary.
>>
>>6088276
>>
>>6088276

>>6088292
Supporting this, as much as i would love to break her arm we really cant take any more hits, we need to end this fast.
>>
She can't unblind herself if we focus on her off hand, without ditching the knife.

Also if its actually being held to her hand, in place she can't shift her grip, so it will be easier to trap in a location that makes it less useful, though it would be trapped on our weak side.
>>
>>6088278
>>6088280
>>6088306
>>6088379
>>6088385
>>6088515
Finish this in the dirt- the cleanest win, in a way.

>>6088341
Nice arm. Let's fix that.

No update today, woke up late, have to go in to work early, too tired.
I can say that we're almost through, though.
>>
Better than how Richter and Bertram went, at least
>>
The suspense is killing me.
>>
Sorry for the delay, the update will be out tonight, it's just that figuring out how I want to draw something like a ground grapple is a lot tougher than I anticipated- and eventually I've gotten to the point where I just have to send what I've got going regardless of my problems with it. Human pretzel making is hard enough to figure out even when you have photos and diagrams.
>>
A flicker of an idea went through your head- and you snatched onto that thread of cleverness as hard as you could, because it was the best you had in the heartbeats of time you could afford to consider. Any other way you could think of to take down Yuliana held the hesitating factor of wounding her even more severely- yet this was a simple, crafty little trick, where instead of bending the rules- you’d force the both of you to adhere to them. The chain was now held in your hand, and instead of binding you, it would trap your foe. An unexpected ally.

You put your leg in between Yuliana’s, using your thigh as a fulcrum, and shoving Yuliana over as hard as you could onto her most wounded side- her knife hand, her arm. Off balance and unready as she was, she was easy to pitch over. This sort of fighting wasn’t her style. As she fell, you kept a solid grip on her arm, but delayed going down.

Not quite over, even as the pain of the chill became distractingly severe with that action. She was now on the ground, but she’d scramble back up as soon as she could. You were following her down after only a second- because even though both of you would be down, only she would be down for the requisite three seconds needed to be defeated.

It was against the spirit of things. It was daft in a way, as if one would simply question the scenario with, who would risk placing themselves in a position of surrender to pursue the other?. Yet there was no time to consider such things as whether it was an intentional oversight or not.

Besides, it was necessary, since you couldn’t pin somebody for three seconds either. Yet that would be dodged, wouldn’t it?
So you tumbled down, putting yourself on top of your opponent and locking her knife arm against you. There wouldn’t be any escape in the time remaining.

“What are you doing, you mad fool?” Yuliana hissed, but there was fear in her voice. “Get off of me, you’ll be ruined!”

That terrible chill had gotten worse and worse, but you grinned in an insane rictus. “You’ve lost. All the tricks, all the magic, and you lost.”

“Let go!” Yuliana insisted, her voice panicked.

Too late to consider that. Three. Four. You let go just as Magnus had sprinted over. It didn’t even hurt anymore, but your body felt numb, and heavy. You could barely sit up, and when you did, your stomach turned over, and you felt something in your chest, in your guts, surge up like you’d been punched in the heart.

Blaghff!” You coughed up something that burned, “Khoff, kuhgghh…urrrggh…” That hadn’t been vomit. This was. “Huh…” You stared at the hand you’d puked and coughed all over. It was covered in some sort of tarry black substance, that glimmered and sparkled…like the night sky…

>>
”Anya! Yuliana, what’s happening to her? What’s going on?”

“I don’t…Magnus, please, I told her to-”

“To what? Why? Help me, damn you!”

“I didn’t… I didn’t think she would…”

-----

Where were you?

Did you die? That’d be a stupid way to go. Did you get fast tracked to the Depths of Hell for badmouthing the Judge too often? This didn’t look like it. You just felt…heavy. Cold. Aching. Maybe that meant you were still alive.

“Darling,” a voice called, and arms embraced you from behind, “My little marigold, it’s not your time yet.”

Why her? Why not anybody else? Why not Heller? Why not any numerous dead comrades? Instead it was her. Not even the real thing. A figment of your imagination. No comfort to be found here.

“You must be so tired,” the apparition of your mother said, “You’ve not insulted me, cursed me, rejected me. You were always such a fiery little girl. Like I was before the fire inside me froze to death in the wasteland. Tell me that your fire is not out, Anya.”

“…What d’you want,” you asked tiredly, “You won’t leave me alone. The hell do you want.”

“I want to be here for you,” your mother said softly, in the voice like she used to sing in “Like I couldn’t be when I lived. Is that not what a poor, regretful mother should want? To make up for how she failed the beings she brought into the world, without them wishing for it at all?”

You barked a mocking laugh at that. “You’re not real,” you said, “You’re some imaginary friend that I didn’t ask for, not my mother.”

“No, I’m not real,” Mother said, “But I wasn’t any more real in the last years of my life. Yet I am your mother still, like then.” She settled over beside you, sitting down. “I want to give you the closure I couldn’t in life. Do you remember the last words you ever said to me? You asked if I felt good while you were hungry.” She sighed long and heavy, “I did try, Anya. I did, by the end. I was too weak, too senseless and desperate. I died foolishly and uselessly. And I’m so, so sorry. But you and Alina aren’t weak like your mother. You have so much further to go.”

You hadn’t remembered what you last said to your mother. Now you were reminded. It was true.

“I can’t offer much, Anya,” Mother said as she put her hand over yours, “But maybe, I can give you the answers you always wanted, that were never asked for, never told. Forgotten, perhaps.”

“They wouldn’t be real,” you said again, drily, “What’s the point?”
>>
File: scene113_anothermother.jpg (493 KB, 1200x963)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
“Who cares?” Mother said with a smile in her voice, “Is anybody going to prove that I am wrong? That you are wrong?” A pause, then another sigh. “This is all I can give you now, darling daughter. Let me help you in the way only I can.” You waited, unable to do much else and not having the energy to banish her with spat fire. “You are ashamed to be the daughter of a whore, Anya. I guess I can’t blame you. Do you have to be that, though? Could you not be…something else?”

Something in her tone changed- and so did her face. A shifting of her bangs, and Mother’s eyes were a dazzling, icy shade of blue that you didn’t remember. “What d’you mean,” you pressed skeptically.

“You should be proud of whence you came, shouldn’t you? That’s why you call yourself a warrior of the wastes. That’s why you call yourself Hell Gitt’s daughter. But that’s not true, is it? All these years, and you’ve not let go of your shame. So. Just answer this,” when you blinked, her hair had gone paler, it wasn’t straw hued like yours any longer, “If you had the choice, don’t you think it would be better to be a secret princess? A queen? I know how you and your sister liked to play. What if it weren’t fantasy? If you discovered that you were the lost heir of some magical kingdom…would you reject that for what you are now? Because your terrible, awful mother, could at least let you have your blood…”

It was a mad idea. Your mother wasn’t some secret noble, no heiress to a fallen but gloried name. Alina had asked whoever she could after that, and there was no chance of it. She was just some woman that fled from up north, alone, without a pfenning to her name.

Yet whether or not it could be true wasn’t what had been asked.

>What kind of question was that? Who would turn down that life if they had the choice to have it? Only a sentimental fool. The whole purpose of becoming the legend was to claw away from having been nothing and nobody- and to be more than you truly were would only help you in that endeavor.
>To be something like that would mean not being the person you are- a person forged from the fire of strife. A truth of the past like that wouldn’t help you- it’d only hurt. To know that what made you special was something you hadn’t earned for yourself.
>Other?
>>
>>6091567
I think I'd like to go for a middle point
>Other
>You would be lying if you said you didn't. To live a happy life like that would be great. There's no value in struggle for struggle's sake. Yet the Anya who had that life wouldn't be you. Your scars are the proof that you were alive, and you hold them with pride.
>>
>>6091567
>To be something like that would mean not being the person you are- a person forged from the fire of strife. A truth of the past like that wouldn’t help you- it’d only hurt. To know that what made you special was something you hadn’t earned for yourself.
To do what she's suggesting is just insulting to Hell's legacy, and he gave more to Anya than her mother ever did, in his own way. If someone wants to vote to incorporate that or Tanq does that's fine but I'm not going to >write in just because I'd rather be vague about it.
>>
>>6091567

Something something, Rhetorical Faustian bargain combined with engaging with people we know for certain to be dead probably raises significant flags that something is afoot, somewhere.

Did Maddy do yet more things while we weren't looking?
>>
>>6091567
>Other (To be something like that wouldn't mean anything and you wouldn't want it to. You were still who you were, the daughter of a whore that struggled and bled to be something more. Finding some secret about your heritage now, while nice, wouldn't change what you've been through and the person you've become because of it. Your blood didn't determine who you were, how you fought against your circumstances did.)

I prefer the idea that Anya would scoff at the idea more than be upset by it, but it's not thinking she'd cling too tightly. Just a fun factoid that she'd bring up at parties and probably hate her mother even more for, but nothing something she'd actively seek to define herself by.
>>
>>6091567

>>6091579
Supporting. I think you hit the nail in the head, anon.
>>
>>6091579
+1
I'd still like to know if this isn't just random bullshit, even if Anya doesn't take any pride in it.
>>
>>6091570
You wouldn't complain if your life was perfect- but who are you without your scars?

>>6091574
>>6091578
That would be your antithesis, wouldn't it? Everything you value came from having to overcome, no?

>>6091579
>>6091657
>>6091661
That fantasy means nothing, it has nothing you want. Your blood would have changed nothing about your battles- so why even consider it?

I should have a quick update with this, then, with this sort of choice. Doing it now.
>>
>>6091714
I forgot, are Anya and Alina full siblings or half, given their mother's profession?
>>
>>6091756
Half siblings. There's an age gap of about five years (depending on exactly when Anya thinks she was born) between them.
Though given that neither of them knew their fathers, that they treat each other as full blood is their only reasonable choice.
>>
“So what if I was?” you answered, “So what if I was some princess, or the daughter of somebody worth a shit? That wouldn’t change a thing about how my life went. It wouldn’t change that you dropped out of it.” And that Hell came into it- and did a hundred, a thousand times more than any person that had made your body did. “I’m not my blood. I’m my battles. I’ve made myself something that doesn’t matter who you are. I’m not sorry if that’s not what y’ want. It’s the truth. If you were somebody more, then I would hate your rotten bones worse, because you had all that, and then threw it all away for Alina and I anyways.” You crossed your arms, and despite how bitter your words were, your temper hadn’t heated at all. “Even then, it wouldn’t matter now. I’m over and past all any delusions like that.”

“Have you truly lost that place in your heart, dear?” Mother said with a small laugh, “You’re right though, I cannot claim to be proud of you because of your blood, but because of all the burdens you’ve borne without me. And if our heritage was anything more than it was, then somebody would have come for it. Anybody could have merely heard a whisper of it. But that doesn’t mean a great heritage can’t be claimed.” In her hand, she opened a palm to you- in it seemed to be a cameo, pale white on deep blue, like a painting of foam on a wave. “Kings don’t have to be the people who were born to be them. A crown can be taken…and so can blood.”

You glanced at the cameo, then to Mother, whose eyes had gone a pale, pale blue. “Don’t screw around with riddles. Talk like a person, not a ghost piece a’ shit.” If you had your choice, you’d be awake now, but something kept you here- so you had little choice but to suffer this.

“Do you know what this is? Power, my dear daughter. If I had anything but my body to wield, what might have become of me? Of us? That is what I can give you,” She reached out and brought a lock of hair to your face- it was brilliant, silvery blonde, like part of Mother’s had become. “Power, dearest. The true kind. Not one of wealth, or society, or anything that disappears the moment a man wants to take whatever he wishes and he has a rod and a strong arm. We can steal it here. We don’t know to name it, but who in our place can care? It doesn’t matter what a gun was used for, as long as it still shoots…isn’t that right?”

That hadn’t been something Mother had said, or even been alive to hear. That had been the words of Vinny Vangheiss- one of your martial arts tutors, whose history you hadn’t known, but unlike many Hogs, he’d not told anybody the same story, either.

With a pursing of your lips, you glared up at Mother. “What’re you not telling me? I know enough fairy tales t’ know this ain’t free. I’ve lived enough life t’ know there’s a catch.”
>>
“Catch? That’s the best part, Anya. I know as much as you do, and it’s something that’s fallen into our lap. The one thing is whether anybody will come looking, to steal it, or to destroy it. No poison here. Only who else might want it. Take it. It’s all I can give now, or ever…” Mother said, before letting her hands fall to her sides, “Or don’t. Keep being a girl who can never escape the shame of her birth. Who has to deny it has any part of who she is, or how she came to be now. As long as you don’t regret this, too.”

>She was right about one thing. Power was power. Any drawbacks could be dealt with, so long as the reward might be great enough…
>Nah. You had every bit of power you needed in your body and your metal. Anything offered to you by some pretend comfort was probably as real and useful as this ghost was.
>Other? (There are no half measures when it comes to acquisitions like this)
>>
>>6091776
>Nah. If it's not real then it doesn't matter. And if it IS real, then this is definitely not our mother, but some wizardy shit masquerading as her, and we definitely can't trust it.
>>
>>6091780
Supporting.
>>
>>6091776
>Nah. You had every bit of power you needed in your body and your metal. Anything offered to you by some pretend comfort was probably as real and useful as this ghost was.

We don't need no sketchy "powers", we have the strongest power of them all: The Indomitable Anya Spirit.
>>
>>6091776
Man I really want to keep the thing without using it but seems that isn't possible so:

From a purely player POV I want to theory craft a bit though, because this thing powers aside is pretty damn intriguing.So if I'm understanding it properly she got this off one of her clients?

Assuming its solely from Vinstraga the simplest explanation for me is that it's some heirloom from Wladyslaw's line? The Ellowian royals' exile would make it a pretty convenient reason for such an object to change hands around the region.

Other possibilities to me are Emrean (the Moon) or something from late or post-Nauk Imperial, though I'm not sure when the Nauklanders and Emreans transitioned into a Republic, or if they had a tradition of knighthood; though I'd assume so?

Doesn't seem like it's an Archduchy thing though, with the Sea and fish(?) ontop, plus Strossvald houses like to use flowers as far as I can tell.

I don't think it's Valstener or Vitelian either- if it was from that part of the world it'd probably be likeliest to be from the Grossreich.

Inb4 its from Caelus or the Sea version of the Sky People
>>
>>6091776
>She was right about one thing. Power was power. Any drawbacks could be dealt with, so long as the reward might be great enough…
>>
>>6091776
Worded like this, I've been convinced.
Think of it like suggested, a nice new weapon or gun. A tool to be used that we claimed by right of conquest if we're doing what I think we're doing and stealing this power from Yuliana.
The idea of a divine mandate that is won instead inherited is great.
I don't think Anya would turn something like that down, she's too scrappy not to use such a won prize to her advantage.
>>
>>6091776
>>
>>6091776
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg14jNbBb-8
>>
>>6091776
Supporting:
>>6091780
>Nah. If it's not real then it doesn't matter. And if it IS real, then this is definitely not our mother, but some wizardy shit masquerading as her, and we definitely can't trust it.
The hair and eye thing make it seem like somehow we're hijacking something fundamental to Yuliana. Really makes me appreciate how good Maddy is at magic actually, she only ever screwed up this badly as a teenager.
>>
>>6091896
Oh yes, it'd make sense if it was Yuliana's heirloom we were somehow nicking, maybe even related to her magic.
>>
>>6091776
>>
>>6091776
>>Nah. You had every bit of power you needed in your body and your metal. Anything offered to you by some pretend comfort was probably as real and useful as this ghost was.
>>
>>6091776
>>
>>6091776
>>Nah. If it's not real then it doesn't matter. And if it IS real, then this is definitely not our mother, but some wizardy shit masquerading as her, and we definitely can't trust it.
>>
>>6091776
>>She was right about one thing. Power was power. Any drawbacks could be dealt with, so long as the reward might be great enough…
>>
>>6091780
>>6091781
>>6091784
>>6091787
>>6091844
>>6091845
>>6091896
>>6091934
>>6091952
>>6092066
I don't want what you're selling. It ain't me.

>>6091827
>>6091840
>>6091915
>>6092089
This sort of power could certainly have many uses, couldn't it, though?

Updating. We're just about finished, of course.
>>
Mother stared, frowned, then slowly smiled. “Ah well,” she sighed, and the cameo vanished into nothingness, before she did too, her voice lingering. “I did try, dearest. At least allow me that.”

Alina would have agreed. You wouldn’t have. Nothing further was said from you as you laid on your back and closed your eyes. Would this place at least give you some quiet, if it wouldn’t return you?

“Anya,” your mother’s voice grew quieter and more distant. Finally leaving you be. “I hope that, even without my offering, you’ll be as free as I always wished to be. But…don’t think that you have not been changed. For sure, next we meet, you’ll be as different as you became when I first left you…”

-----
>>
File: scene115_wakeywakeyfluffy.jpg (580 KB, 1100x1334)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
The light of day touched at the corners of your eyes- you were in a bed. Not a particularly cozy one, and you felt wrung out and stiff. But alive. You opened your eyes, looked around the room. A hospital, privacy curtains all about. A military one most likely, looking around. A private ward. Probably better than would normally be afforded to you, no matter if you were an officer or cadet or whoever’s retinue.

Ah, crap. You didn’t have to go through this again, did you? You sat up and cracked your neck, your back, your shoulders, knuckles, stretched. No, you didn’t feel bedbound.

“Don’t be so hasty,” Magnus’s voice sounded to your right. He was in a chair there, a few books on the table by both your sides. “You’ve been unconscious for two days. Have some patience.”

Two whole days? Damn it. “Psh.” You leaned back again into your stack of pillows, “That’s a lotta wasted time. I feel just fine.”

“No, you don’t.”

“I’ve been way worse,” you said, “Trust me, this isn’t even close to the times I’ve been actually bedridden.”

“The doctors didn’t know what was happening with your body,” Magnus insisted, “Yuliana seemed to. She gave a blood transfusion to you, saying it was the only thing she could think of to help. I don’t know why it would have…but you’ve woken up now, so you’re better than you were, at least.”

Did that have anything to do with the vision you saw? Come to think of it, the way the hair and eye colors were changing with you and mother, those hues were just like Yuliana’s. “So where is she?” you asked, “I mean, I won, didn’t I?”

“You did.” Magnus closed his eyes, discomforted, “I sent her on her way home. She’s said that she needs to…journey. Go on a trek about the world. To become stronger.” He bit his lip and clicked his tongue. “She’s not quite given up. But she’s accepted that you won.”

A moment without words. “So uh,” you pushed, “That means…y’know.”

“Who won wouldn’t have mattered, Anya,” Magnus reached out and stroked your cheek. He was noticeably warm compared to you. “It was my choice. You restrained yourself. You didn’t hurt Yuliana too badly. I appreciate that. Even in a bitter fight like that, you could consider something besides victory. That was more important than who was standing in the end. Yuliana…was not herself. Because she thought she couldn’t be.”

Magnus seemed genuinely hurt by that, but…he’d gotten what he’d needed, hadn’t he? There wouldn’t have been any duels if he’d decided earlier. Then, maybe there would have been duels anyways. Maybe it was just like he said, where he couldn’t make the right decision without a fight. Either way, you couldn’t help but feel lighter.

“So that’s it, isn’t it?” you asked, “You’re my boyfriend. No more hesitating. It’s decided.”
>>
“Of course.” He stood up, and picked up something wrapped in wax paper on the table. “You must be very hungry. I’ve been bringing back street food every meal of each day. Don’t feel bad for not waking up earlier, they never went to waste.”

You snatched the parcel out of his hands, ravenous. Smelling that food even for a few minutes had been agony. You were eating it before you identified it- a coarse beef wurst on a toasted, fluffy roll, dressed with brown mustard and horseradish mayonnaise beside charred and melted cheese wedges and crispy fried onions. A faint scent of brown beer hung over the whole thing besides the meat’s overpowering aroma. Half grease and half nose-stinging spice, but it was entirely what you needed.

“It seems you’ll need seconds,” Magnus said with a suppressed laugh, “But I won’t be able to get you any. I wanted to stay and try to I could bid you farewell. I have to go again, just one more time. The train’s going to leave in two hours.”

A manic smile had crossed your face while eating, but as you paused sharply, it dropped into a scowl. “Friggin’…what? The hell do you mean?”

Magnus leaned down and embraced you tight against him. “A man like me has many obligations. I’ve decided to keep you, Anya. And I doubt you want to come to the Twin Republics with me, not when I’ve searched for reasons to leave it behind. I’ll chase after you, Anya. Count on it.”

You had to set down the roll, but your arms went around him. “Hey,” you sulked, “Kiss me, at least.”

“Greedy,” He chastised, “You’ve had plenty while asleep.” But he didn’t need to be fought for one. It wasn’t one like in the car, but it was a good one. Forceful and passionate. Still spicy. “Get better soon,” Magnus said as he let you go, “Pepperoni.”

Huh? “What’s that supposed t’ mean?”

“I sewed you up some that night to keep your blood inside. I had to undress you.”

Okay? “What does that have to do with whatever pepperoni is?”

“I’ll let you figure it out for next time,” Magnus said, “It will only be a few weeks, Anya. I’ll see you soon enough. Think of some good places to show me.”

…Was that gonna be all? He couldn’t be in too much of a hurry to leave. You’d only say goodbye again if there was nothing else you could do. Even if he would be back before you knew it.

>Anything left to resolve/talk about? (This will be the final update so don’t put off any lingering thoughts)
>>
>>6092868
Good question, not sure. Sadly, we're in a hospital, so we probably can't take him. I've got no real ideas.
>>
>>6092868
I feel like something similar to "i love you" couched in Anya-isms would not go amiss. Especially at the conclusion of the thread.
>>
I will say it's a shame we won't get to see Anya and Magnus as a REAL couple though...at least not for now, I guess.
>>
>>6092868
>"For sure, next we meet, you’ll be as different as you became when I first left you…”

Ominous.

>“I sent her on her way home. She’s said that she needs to…journey. Go on a trek about the world. To become stronger.”

Be awkward if we run into her out west, hopefully she sticks around Sosalia.

>Anything left to resolve/talk about? (This will be the final update so don’t put off any lingering thoughts)

Write often, come back as soon as you can, stay safe etc etc. Can't really think about anything pressing atm.
>>
>>6092868
Ask if Yuliana is a secret heir of some lost royal family. Weird question? Maybe. But it seems relevant all of a sudden.
>>
>>6093254
+1, describe the amulet best as Anya can remember
>>
>>6092870
>>6092878
>>6092939
>>6093254
>>6093255
Not too much to cover? Well, it's not like he'll be gone long anyways.
Updating.
>>
“There’s one thing,” you scratched your brow, “Something y’ might know. I had this weird dream while I was conked out. I saw somethin’ that I don’t know what t’ think of it. Yuliana,” you considered calling her bitch, cunt, whore, whatever insult had less syllables, but while she’d put you in the hospital, you had a feeling she’d also kept you from going there for too long. A little favor. “She’s some sort of noble. Is she from some lost royal family, or somethin’?”

Magnus nodded. “You could say that. She could tell you more about it, but the family of Sanmorza is very, very old. Ancient. I don’t know much more than that though. They might have been royalty of some place, some time, very long ago. By the time of the earliest found recorded history of this continent during Nauk Imperial, though, the Sanmorzas ruled over only a small territory, and even then, under sanction of the Nauk. A historian would tell you that the Sanmorzas were thus appointed to governing that territory. The Sanmorzas would tell differently, but there’s little significance to whether that’s true or not in these days.”

That wasn’t very helpful, so you told more. “I saw this pendant. A cameo. It had a picture of a helmet and a lance on the outside, and a crown on the inside, blue and white, on a picture of the sea and flowers with a moon. That sound familiar?” Magnus had been Yuliana’s childhood friend, lover, who knew what else. If any of that didn’t ring a bell…

Magnus raised an eyebrow and shook his head. “I don’t know what the outside symbol would be, but the Sanmorza’s emblem is the Seafoam Blossoms in Night. Is that the kind of flower it was?”

“I don’t know flowers.”

Magnus shrugged. “The Sanmorzas held the sea and the moon in reverence in the most ancient times, and their symbology is decidedly marine in character. I’m sorry though, without seeing what you saw, I don’t know if it’d be more than coincidence. There’s certainly no crown I can recall.”

…Alright. Not that that meant there’d never been one, though.

“Fine. Weird question I know, but I had weird dreams.” You looked and listened around the private ward. The two of you were alone in here…but Magnus didn’t seem in much a mood to get up to any last-minute games, especially in a room in a public building without a lock. Steps echoed up and down the halls outside. “…Uh,” you caught yourself on well wishes, “Make sure y’ write. Don’t get stuck in shit. ‘Cause…y’know.”

Magnus touched at your right ear, curled his finger around where a notch cut it in twain. “I know.”

“I don’t want t’ have to find somebody else like you again.” Why was a simply I love you so hard all of a sudden?
>>
File: scene117_backtoworkcadet.jpg (613 KB, 1160x1400)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
“You won’t have to worry about that.” Magnus let you go. From his pocket, he pulled the spectacles that had been broken the other day, and set then on your nose. “I should be going. Make a list of plans for when I get back, Sieben.”

“…Yeah. I will.” You turned over in bed, “Bye, girly hair. Be early for once.” And don’t screw any other bitches. Besides me.

You turned your head again to watch him go out the door- and bump into another person outside.

“Ah, excuse me,” he said to Magnus.

“No, I didn’t see you, my apologies.” Magnus said, “You must be from the Academy.”

“You must be her exotic lover, then? You’ve good taste in women. No, I’m just here to drop a few things off. We’ll catch up some other time.”

The voice already made it obvious, so you weren’t surprised when Van Halm stepped into your room with an attaché case.

“Hey,” you said, sitting up again.

“Hello, Sergeant,” Van Halm took a seat where Magnus had been. “So, how did it go? He must be impressively vigored, to put you in the hospital like this.”

“Hah.” You rolled your eyes. “It’s a long story.” You looked to the case he set by the chair. “What’s in the business box?”

Van Halm picked it up and put it on your lap, opened it. “Academy work,” he said, “They’ve given you a delay for health reasons, but they’re still expecting your thesis paper on maneuver coordination by September. There’s reading here too they want. New regulations and clearances.”

“Oi!” You cried, “I’m in convalescence, dickhead!”

“You didn’t suffer any wounds below the waist, did you, blushing maiden?” Van Halm said mischievously.

“I-” You bit back a sharp reprimand, “…Whatever. You getting along with Mathilda?”

“The Von Blum girl is still pestering me,” Van Halm shrugged, “It’s a shame. Usually when women can’t tear themselves away from me, it’s flattering. Truly I’m a cursed man.”

“Maybe you should feed her some milt, smartass.”

“Ah, but she might like that too much.” Van Halm wagged a finger, “Now, I don’t want to leave you here bored. Tell me about the wild, romantic adventures you had with your Netillian knight, Anya Nowicki…”

Well. At least being in an army meant you were never wanting for eye candy. You breathed a long sigh, and prepared to delay getting Academy work done for as long as you could...

...Huh. When did that steel ring get on your finger?

-----
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3WC2yGT3_4 - Ending V - The Vanguard, Triumph of Valor- Magnus Won + Heritage Rejected, 1/8 Endings Completed
That's just for the Otome bit there's no way I'm redoing this lmao, not canonically at least.

-----

Not far off, in the resort springs of the Capital, where sun houses and steam engines brewed up facsimiles of springs and beaches in great luxurious baths, the Major, only known by her rank, was having a holiday. Having recently returned, she wasn’t where she intended to be yet- in the far-off beaches of Paelli- but there was no reason to not start early. To get used to the fit of fashionable swimwear. To try and get a decent tan before heading out. There was just some business that had to be taken care of all of a sudden, though thankfully, she could review it all in comfort.

“Do you have their photographs prepared for their new files?” The Major asked as she laid supine on a chair near an imaginary setting of a hot spring and a beach, sipped at a whiskey as dark as cocoa, tinged with red, chilled with a mighty boulder of a rock.

“Is this a good idea, Major?” the sleepy Intelligence Office aide with her asked mildly, herself dressed in the skimpy wear of a warm vacation, but only freshly changed. “They veered away from their quite good arrangement to potentially attack somebody. Possibly a foreign noble.”

That hadn’t been the target, the Major knew. “They will be more controllable now. We let them along their original path. If they forget they owe a favor, they know the consequences.”

“You’ve developed a bad habit for leniency, Major,” the aide scolded.

“I’m on holiday, Seite,” the Major said with another drink and a clinking of ice against glass, “My orders are to not overexert myself.”

“Holiday? I’ve not noticed,” the aide sniffed as she paged over in her report. “Von Tracht’s retinue. She was hospitalized. An unsanctioned duel, it seems. She was loaded down with weapons and wasn’t carrying any identification. There’s legal material you need to waive.”

The Major sighed and waved a hand. “Wrap it in red tape. The courts don’t actually care about officer cadets acting like ruffians. The biker gangs are proof of that. Enough about that. What’s next.”

“The other foreigner that came along,” Seite turned the page, “She’s gone back. Healthy. That’s good. It wouldn’t have looked good for a controversy to spin off of a Netillian or Ellowian noble and a retinue having a spat.”

“It would give the wurst-wrapper papers something to crow about.” The Major said disinterestedly, “The east is too hungry for allies these days to try and make a fuss over young women doing as they do. So that’s all then? All the loose ends either tied up or cast out to the winds whence they came?”
>>
“Here yes,” the aide said, flipping a few pages, “Though you wanted updates on the Vynmark situation.” Who didn’t in the world, right now? “Naukland’s blockade of Twaryi is in full effect. There’s at least one report a week of a blockade runner getting caught, usually more. Caelus can’t that up, can they.” The Major didn’t feel any need to affirm that, so the aide went on. “The city of Sodrakron has been surrounded. The siege is a proper one now, but since the Twaryians cannot prevent ships sailing into the harbor, the truth of that is dubious. They’ve lost much of their momentum on most fronts as well. Not that Vynmark is doing much better, but time has let Naukland’s aid arrive, limited as it is. No troops of course, but materiel is flowing. It’s a good time to be an arms dealer.”

“Spare me the headlines,” The Major cut her off, “I want Department Zwei’s opinion on what I had to drag myself through all of that to pick through. The reason that Caelus, so careful in the past, with everything to lose from breaking the Accords, threw in their lot so recklessly.” The airship wreckage that couldn’t be perfectly cleaned up or hidden. The odd rumors heard between veterans of a battalion of adventurers, and what had been left on their treks up and down the front. The presence of not only Caelussians, but Vitelians, from across the continent. “What could they have been trying to seize that was so important that they’d trade away the guarantee of wealth they already had?”

“Well. Your initial suspicions were correct. The pieces from the airship wreckage match nothing like any airships of this continent, or across the seas. They’re made of strange material, too. Some metallurgists were quite excited about its properties…”

“Nothing about what I was interested in, though.”

“Correct.”

The Major scoffed and took a proper swig of liquor. “Bah. So that’s it, then. Have my hounds been informed of their next assignment, when the Archduke is finished with their service to the north?”

“Not yet, m’am.”

“Make it so, then. Their Silver Lances facsimile is going to have a valuable customer soon,” the Major held up a clipboard with a map of the west of the continent on it. Pohjanask, Vitelia, the whole mess on the edge of the Grossreich. “The most interesting times might be quite a way off from where the lords of the seas are preparing to wage their war.”

-----

-----

-----
>>
And that's the end of that. I'll be starting Revolutionary Man up again in about three weeks or so, thanks all for playing, reading, all of that.
I'll be sticking around til the thread falls off for more drawings I've got planned, answering any questions, et cetera. I probably have too many drawings on the backburner to do requests, but we'll see how I burn through them.
>>
>>6093407
Thanks for running!
>>
>>6093407
Thanks for running tanq as always, excited to get back to Bonetto (and Richter eventually).

So what are the other endings?
>>
>>6093413
>So what are the other endings?
It's probably more fun to hint at them rather than say exactly what they were, especially considering that none were exactly certain due to the nature of quests, but they depend on the following factors-
1-Who Anya chooses to pursue
2-Whether she succeeds in gaining them or gets the femcel ending
3-If she claims the "Power" (Obviously you can only do that in a very specific case. Such as shoving yourself into Yuliana for long enough in a fight)
and the comedy option
4-Getting picked up by bikers

Obviously there's a lot of little details being skimmed over, but that would be the general idea of alternate otome endings, of course.
>>
>>6093418
>No harem ending
>>
>>6093407
This was pretty cool, thanks for the quest.
>>
>>6093418
It's a small sample size two but the main thing I've taken away from this is being a childhood friend in PCQverse is an autoloss flag.
>>
>>6093407
Thanks for running tanq, i cant wait for the Vitelian quest, its about time we brought the future to Vinstraga.
>>
I wonder when Mathilda will drop off that..."esoteric literature".
It's a shame we'll likely not have the chance to put any of that knowledge to use, but I'd still like to know that Anya is learning and that Mathilda is committed to teaching.
More because they make a funny pair than anything else.
>>
>>6093804
>It's a shame we'll likely not have the chance to put any of that knowledge to use
Well, she still has to catch up and overtake the stuff that Yuliana's done with Magnus...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.