[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1605246302040.jpg (139 KB, 600x390)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
everyone seems to have some sort of online friend group, but i cant get into any as hard as i try. i've tried joining random discords, everyone already has established groups. i try to talk in video games, and i get talked over. how do people make friends online?

how do people do it? am i just autistic?
>>
>>61026463
yeah, you probably are
but people are cliquey cunts, and you need to get in at the beginning or know someone in the group to vouch for you, otherwise you're always going to be 'the other'
can't help you
>>
Those who can socialize online but not irl are just lazy people. Those with actual mental handicaps, aka truebots, have trouble everywhere.
>>
>>61026463
I joined a pokemon tournament that had a discord, and from there I talked a lot as well as dming people in it and talking to them/asking if they wanted to play vidya if I saw them on it. Now they're some of my closest friends, and the group is around ~50 people
>>
>>61026463
I find it way easier to socialize with people irl than online, and I'm an introvert.
>>
>>61027717
To me it seems online makes it easier for extroverted people with anxiety problems while making it harder for actual introverted people since it's so fickle and impersonal.
>>
Just embrace it. I've long ago resigned myself to being the entertaining yet relatable outcast everywhere I go, even in online cliques and groups. It's a sad way to live in the shadows, but it does provide me with some companionship.
>>
if I get really high I can video chat on omegle but I never made any friends
>>
>>61026463
I can do public speaking in front of hundred+ people no problem, but for some reason I choke up when I try to speak in online games with randos. I feel shy for some reason lol. I guess I'm just not used to talking to no one directly.
>>
File: 1585265862610.jpg (530 KB, 701x800)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>61026463
>Rosa
Based and Chadpilled OP
>>
File: air is thick.gif (1.82 MB, 466x258)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
>>61026463
I used to be so anxious/shy that I couldn't even talk to people in MMOs.
I'm not sure what the tipping point was, maybe I suddenly stopped seeing the community with as high a regard, but I kinda just stopped caring what people might think one day.
I just dick around nowadays, I don't even shy away from global chats that much anymore.

I don't use Discord, but when it comes to establishing your voice in vidya though, you kinda just have to keep interacting until people interact with you. Then you'll eventually find people that fuck with you, or have similar antics and enjoy being around you. In osu! (cringe example, but it's one of my biggest time sinks) I probably play 99% in multiplayer lobbies and just banter until I click with someone who I enjoy fucking with. I've made some pretty good online friends like this, hope it works out for you too!
>>
>>61026463
I'm too shy to even talk to anyone online nowadays outside anonymously posting on 4chan, didn't use to have this problem but for the past 5 or so years it's been been this way.
>>
My anxiety has gotten worse over the course of the decade. Five years ago I could at least add people from 4chan who posted their IDs. I wouldn't post my own out of fear, but would post emails and have email talks, and eventually would share my ID if we were okay together.

Now I can't even do that. I can't even make myself install Discord or any other social media stuff. I don't understand why. I just feel this overwhelming obligating force, telling me that I'm just not supposed to do such things.
>>
I can at least appear to converse normally with people for a few minutes IRL. Talking online through text though just sucks. I hate it. When the inevitable misunderstandings come up due to the ambiguity of words on a screen, I have no energy to clarify all the shit I say. Sarcasm is not possible unless you already know the person you're talking to, for example.
>>
File: 1604596715603.jpg (29 KB, 174x289)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Don't know how people can't to people on discord, its already hard enough to know when to speak. This one time I sweated so much from voice chatting this guy that my shirt was full of sweat and I had to change out, I was also breathing very hard cause of how nervous I was and I think someone else in the call noticed. (He brought his friends into the call later)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.