[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1600247603087.jpg (81 KB, 993x505)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>girls find me attractive
>they try to talk to me
>find out I cant hold a conversation past two sentences
>lose all interest in me and never approach me again
It's been like this since I turned 16 and now I'm 27.
>>
>>61847820
I only get INTP, but I can hold a conversation and get words out pretty easily.
What's wrong with me or the quiz?
I can also relate to the picture.
>>
File: faggotniggeriam.jpg (218 KB, 993x600)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>61848202
Things in a red circle are things i can 101% relate to.
wow he is literally me
and about overthinking, i'm my own 'best' critic
i greatly critize myself so i could write a book but i won't too lazy
>>
>>61847820
>"INTP" bf
That just sounds like a sperg
>>
>>61847820
I'm an INTP and pretty much all the points apply to me. That said though none of these attributes are really negative. INTPs are angel like beings.
>>
Am also an INTP... Does this mean I will be a beta for life ?
>>
>>61847820
>find out I cant hold a conversation past two sentences
How the fuck do I overcome this? What do people even talk about these days?
>t. INTP
>>
>>61848413
>sperg asking other spergs how to hold a conversation
bes
>>
>>61847820

Why is this 80% me?
>>
>>61848520
Who else am I supposed to ask?
Origiral
>>
>>61848362
finally, another INTP that realizes our glory
>>
>>61848572
INTPs are vestiges of an extinct species of hominid. Hence the alienation. Like a mammoth that thawed out of a glacier and found itself in a world of elephants.
>>
>>61848615
>INTPs are vestiges of an extinct species of hominid
no, they are autistic
>>
>>61848669
INTP aka Asperger's syndrome is caused solely by Neanderthal genes, which is why it's absent in populations without Neanderthal admixture. It was how the Neanderthal man behaved.

There are another species of great ape that behaves like aspies, the Orangutan.
>>
I dont get whats the deaal with these other NT's

Its like im the black sheep of the family, but instead of it meaning something negative, it's positive, a white sheep if you will

T.Entj boi
>>
>>61847820
That isn't due to you being an INTP, it is due to you having little social experience.

Seriously go and try to find people who share your interests and learn how to socialize before it is too late. 27 isn't too late. Try to find real life meetups of people who share your interests and do not be afraid to talk about shit that you like.
>>
>>61848691
Nigga, I am 100% black and I am INTP as fuck. Not sure about autism, but I may just be since I have no friends.
>>
>>61848752
If you're an American there's 100% chance you have white admixture in there somewhere.
>>
I'd just like to remind everyone that 16 personalities is a bad test and is just a reskinned big 5. Take the Keys2Cognition or Sakinorva tests instead.
>>
Autism is the next step in human evolution. All the rest of you are lagging behing dragging your knuckles.
>>
>>61848788
Without autists we'd be living in mud huts and throwing rocks at each other.
>>
>>61848564
you cant ask. the real truth is that the only way to develop those skills is to throw yourself out into the world. to stumble over your words, to fail, to embarrass yourself. this is because it is only through pressure and outside input do we grow as people. you have the ability within yourself to do it, even if you dont think that you do. if you are to ask "where" or "how", you would be only making excuses. the path is different for everyone as everyone lives in different situations. you are intelligent enough to find, or to choose, your own.
>>
>>61848861
>the real truth is that the only way to develop those skills is to throw yourself out into the world.
It's not like I haven't tried that. I force myself to engage in conversation, make phone calls, ask questions, etc. I just have no clue how to continue after a certain point. It feels like I'm always putting all the effort into continuing the conversation, even if the other party initiated it. Guess I'm either autistic or just extremely fucking boring.
>>
>>61849018
Just start acting like a complete schizo. Worked for me.
>>
>>61849119
At this point I don't see any reason not to.
>>
>>61848788
wiser words have not been spoken on this board. Also i stole your Apu.
>>
>>61849163
This is actual advice. Don't think about the next "appropriate" thing to say and simply develop a carefree attitude. I have 0 social life outside my workplace, but I realized a long time ago that I am not stuck with them, buy that they're stuck with me and I won't really have any social repercussions from my behaviour.
>>
>>61849018
>It's not like I haven't tried that. I force myself to engage in conversation, make phone calls, ask questions, etc. I just have no clue how to continue after a certain point. It feels like I'm always putting all the effort into continuing the conversation, even if the other party initiated it.

I'm an aspi so I comprehend what you mean. The truth I have learned is that conversations are like dances, you pull back and forth and eventually they come to an end. A good strategy for you to try is to pay attention to the things people tell you. A lot of times they'll mention something they're into but won't emphasis it. If you can latch on to something like that and ask them about it, they'll be happy to talk to you about it. But some just dont want to talk, and that happens.

For me it was a ton of trial and error, but reading a lot helped me a ton. Read any narrative driven books that interest you and you will grow a library of idioms, perspectives and words that will improve you as a conversationalist. If it helps, I think of conversations as performances, like if I were a monkey dancing to entertain them. But humor is a hard thing to grasp.
>>
File: 1593814898384.jpg (178 KB, 716x960)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>61847820
Your personality isn't determined by a random string of letters, retard. MBTI is just astrology for faggots. You're antisocial because you either have social anxiety or autism.
>>
>>61849500
it took me a whole minute to figure out what was going on there.
>>
>>61849574
looks like an ass first but its just a neo-nazi eating a baby
>>
File: 4chan info.png (799 KB, 2600x2088)
799 KB
799 KB PNG
>>61849574

Newfag detected; this used to be practically the 4chan banner
>>
>>61847820
I don't like how close this hits to home
>>
>>61849500
>dumb nigger faggot pseud speak
The 4 letters represent deeper physiological and mental things. Of course your personality isn't determined by 4 letters, the 4 letters you get are determined by your personality
>>
>>61847820
>>find out I cant hold a conversation past two sentences
lmao, are you implying girls can hold conversations past two sentences?
>>
>>61848413
It depends. I am a INTP too and i have some massive problems, however talking to people without being a retard is my biggest strength. If i want to find out what a person is like in conversations i start with the most basic stuff, like where they live, what they do and so on. From there its always very easy to estimate how the person youre talking too works and what kind of personality they have, if you listen closely enough to the way they are the little details they mention and the way they are talking. With this knowledge you can go further on. For example i met some normies on my first day of uni and 1 hour after meeting we already talked about how much we hate women and where to get the best weed in the city. Obviously this doesnt always work with girls because girls are often times very retarded and cant hold a conversation themselves, a problem which i never found in any guy ive ever talked too. Making friends with guys is probably the easiest thing ever. I even befriended with the boss of my father and after 20 minutes of talking he already wanted to employ me. If you over analyze things the right way its somewhat easy to hold conversations with most people. I even had many good conversations with girls but they were mostly always in my class so i sooner or later got to them anyway and i didnt have to approach them myself. Now 2 years after highschool i cant even remember the last time i spoke to a girl
>>
>>61847820
for my case if the conversation theme is something that I'm interested in i speak a lot with quite ease but if that's not the case i just type /gamemode spectator, hear whoever is speaking and i would respond with non verbal communication or if i could reroute the conversation to an interesting topic for me and for the other/others then I'll do it. For the girls part I have the record of just one girl that found me attractive once but she lost interest quickly so i feel ya man
>>
>>61850485
of course not, men are supposed to carry the conversation past that.
>>
>>61851166
I hate this girl-worshipping world
>>
>>61847820
There's a lot here I identify with, especially the effort vs. gpa balance. My goal was never do my best but to do adequately for the least amount of work possible. But hey, it was enough to get me a degree and a job.
>>61848384
Only if you stay in your comfort zone forever. If you don't have parents who force you out then you need to do it yourself.
>>61848362
>>61848572
We're dope, we just need a lot of polish to function in our society.
>>61848615
Got any sources for that? I'm interested in your theory.
>>61848691
I don't think INTP == autism. It just correlates heavily, and they share some behaviors.
>>61849018
Just keep putting yourself out there. I fluked into one of my best friends by going on yikyak, announcing that I'd be hanging out on the quad with a joint, and that anyone was welcome to join me. One guy showed up. He invited me to go hang out at his dorm, where I ended up meeting his roommate who is now my friend. The original guy dropped out and we never really reconnected.
>>
>>61847820
Literally me except they don't even find me attractive in the first place
>>
File: 1565515937798.jpg (598 KB, 800x1200)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>61847820
Bruh just give up, stop caring.
I don't give a fuck about women anymore, all I'm focusing on at this point is myself, how to better myself, understand myself, how I work (and in turn others as well), as well as further my skills in whatever I'm interest in.
There are more important things in life than chasing after love or caring to it to that much of an extent. You will meet someone, at some point, somehow, and if it doesn't happen, it just wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>61848202
I only get INTJ but I can relate to 80-90% of OP's jpg
I trained myself to small talk but it is an effort, a facade and never leads anywhere. I think they enjoy talking small talk with me but I don't, it is a chore. It never leads anywhere
>>
>>61847820
Lmao that stung, nearly completely accurate for me, I hope you can find a way to speak to women anon. I find hanging out with bros who can speak to women either forces me into conversation with them or makes comfortable around them enough to the point I can converse with them. If you don't have bros to see girls through I'd recommend going to bars to pick up girls, find it very easy to speak to girls while pissed, social anxiety kinda disappears.
>>
File: 1610566084658.jpg (221 KB, 993x505)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
>>61847820
how well do i do
>>
I'm INTP too and can hold a conversation pretty decently. I only learned it like a year ago, but the key is constantly asking questions (no matter how stupid) and prerending to be interested. People love talking about themselves.
>>
>>61852526
How do you come up with any questions at all? I can't
>>
>>61852666
Depends on the situation, too hard to give you a straight answer on that. But even the stupidest questions can start a conversation, yes even shit like just asking for the time. Just ask anything.
>>
>>61852753
Ok well, what time is it? err How was your day? Lovely weather...

I cannot bring myself to do it, it's so fake
>>
INTPs are doomed

Living in a hellscape rn
>>
I knew a guy who pretended to have brain cancer years 12-19.
Telling close friends, losing 40 pounds in a summer, tired all the time, multiple realistic convulsions (pee, banged head lost teeth), told the school, got stitches on his head somehow, etc.
If you wanna make a mask, it's gonna take time and it's gonna be a shitty mask.
Only deeply troubled people do that kind of shit.
You guys should learn the ropes in disposable masks.
Be a funny guy and fail, be a charming guy and fail, be an even more introverted fag, be a stupid guy.
Put them in situations, use them to get out of situations. If something bad happens... well, fucking burn the mask and move on.
Learn to lie so you can work, learn to lie so your words don't hurt. Other than that don't do it Anons, life is habit forming. You could end up like one of those guys that answers with what he thinks you were asking.
>>
>>61847820
I'm probably an INFP and most of this applied to me
...are we this similar?
>>
>>61848355
That's why it says "isn't actually anyone's bf"
>>
>>61848770
This.
Slave owners raped their woman slaves a lot.
>>
>>61852178
>I don't give a fuck about w*men
>posts a w*men
You're embarrassing us my dude
>>
This feels a little bit too accurate for my personal comfort
>>
>>61854271
bruh, imagine being this retarded
>>
I wish there was a drop in center to hang around people like me. This alienation and living in a total shithole saps my will to live.

But nonetheless, have strength intp bros. We're all in this together.
>>
>INTP

This is either autism, trauma, or severely bad lifestyle. Which is it? Btw the myers brigg scale is a scam made up by corporations to make people fit into certain jobroles due to self fulfilling prophecies

>youre an intelligent introverted logician, time to start cracking ouit spreadsheets for us wagey!

>youre an extrovert! see! youve always been confident!

Its a pat on the back to wageslaves. Btw OP your issue is probably just poor health, cooming and video game addiction
>>
File: 1584476068358.jpg (95 KB, 676x800)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>61854941
it really is over for us intp's, isn't it?
>>
File: 1598314284633.png (1.28 MB, 1284x958)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
>be istp
get on my level fucking intp faggots
every day i feel more lonely and touch starved knowing no one will reach out towards me
>>
File: ass.jpg (99 KB, 640x797)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>61850686
the problem is that most people just give the most basic responses to basic questions so you never move anywhere
>>
>>61855380
Its never over until its over.
But its already over if u never impose ur will on yourself
>>
>>61847820
This was me too before I became old and neglected myself completely
>>
Hang on in there anon, you might meet girl that is as autistic as you are, happened to me even though I'm the impersonation of INTP personality
>>
>>61847820
Would you like to date yourself as a girl?
>>
>>61847820
Have you considered taking stimulants or a significant amount of alcohol before interacting with women? It might help loosen those tounge muscles and you will be a motor mouth love machine before you know what hit you!
>>
>>61847820
Humans are way complexer then a string of 4 letters. This is just the result of self-obsessed people autistically trying to catagorise everything about themselves

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.