[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

female coworker: "i have diagnosed IQ of 145"
> always loses chess with me
>>
>>62461222
Having a high IQ doesn't mean you'll be a pro at chess, do you know how IQ works?
>>
>>62461222
>iq determines how well you can play chess and nothing more
>>
>>62461222
ok sit down niggers OP here, point i was trying to shove up your buttholes was that women live in wonderland and they have no idea how hard average guy has to work to get basic things in life
>>
>>62461251
that point has nothing to do with iq or chess
>>
File: 1223334.png (170 KB, 1104x736)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
Dunning Kruger effect
aside from that people can have that IQ and be shit at chess OP.
>>
my IQ is 146 and I suck at chess lol
>>
iq is 146 last I checked and I'm garbage at chess.
>>
>>62461222
she finna pay for that.
>>
>>62461222
>diagnosed
lol
>>
>>62461237
>do you know how IQ works?
yes, it doesn't
>>
>>62461456
>>62461426
get a room and suck your cocks.
>>
>>62461222
Women's chess performance is reduced by about 50% when they know they're playing against a male.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/227674544_Checkmate_The_role_of_gender_stereotypes_in_the_ultimate_intellectual_sport

50% of you winning is thanks to gender stereotypes and her insecurity about playing against a man.
>>
>>62461498
I bet that's also the reason there are like 2 female grandmasters and several hundreds of male grandmasters.
I bet that's also the reason chess tournaments are divided by gender, even though supposedly women perform just as well in cognitive tests.

Female IQ is tooooootally the same.
>>
>>62461517
Yes it is, read the study. Women perform about 50% better against men when they think they're playing against a woman.
>>
File: 1601075795862.jpg (38 KB, 800x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>62461531
are you not embarrassed?
>>
>>62461593
No, read the study again.
If anything you resulting to emotional responses instead of logic makes me think her iq probably is much higher than yours.
>>
>>62461222
OP here. I completely forgotten to mention that I'm trans
>>
The correlation between chess and IQ is not that strong + many more components go into good chess play.
>>
File: 1606183688184.jpg (743 KB, 983x1280)
743 KB
743 KB JPG
>>62461602
>cites logic
>simultaneously asserts women only lose because they are intimidated by the big bad men
>they are opressed even in a completely gender-agnostic, completely cognitive game.

Fascinating. Post-hoc rationalization is a female forte after all.
>>
>>62461498
Copity cope,women are just degenerate men who need to be eradicated from existence after we figure out artificial ovaries
>>
>say really fucked up schizophrenic shit on /lgbt/
>basically explaining why trannies are fucked and have no souls and all this shit and how they should be better people
>everyone's calling me crazy and schizo
>one anon chimes in saying they have 150 iq and everything I said made sense unironically
>>
>>62461724
OH MY GOD AN ANON CLAIMING TO HAVE 150 IQ SAID YOU MADE SENSE UNBELIEVABLE ARE YOU A GENIUS PLEASE IMPREGNATE MY MOTHER YOU ABSOLUTE GODLY CREATURE
>>
>>62461639
That's what a lifetime of "male good women bad" conditioning does to a brain.
>cites logic yet keeps arguing without reading the study because he just wants to argue
>>
>>62461498
Maybe they let me win because they think i am cute?
>>
>>62462014
I PUT THE AM'S IN KAMISAMA kakaka
>>
>>62462062
Of course anon, just keep what I said in mind pls.

Just an anecdote, but I used to lose to my bf constantly when we were starting to play chess together, but after I won against him once, I finally felt like I could win, and I wasn't so stressed while playing anymore. Before I thought things like 'yeah sure men and women are as good at chess' but I didn't believe it on an emotional level because I didn't fully believe it. Now that I'm more confident we're about equal in wins, it was really just me hindering myself.
>>
>>62461222
chess aint iq game who says that
you suckers train to become a pro at that shitty board game
>>
Knowledge of opening theory >>> far more important than IQ at chess.

If you're familiar with a few positions you can leave the opening up an entire minor piece in positional advantage.

Kasparov for example had his IQ tested at around 135 (which is high but not that uncommon.)

Nakamura scored 102 on an online test....

old.reddit.com/r/chess/comments/ghxq6j/hikaru_nakamura_takes_the_mensa_iq_test/
>>
>>62461251
You are right my man, i agree with u
>>
>>62461414
These stupid infographics misrepresent the study so much it actually makes me a bit mad.

Aside from that being good at chess is mainly related to how much time you've put into getting good at chess. Maybe there's a certain ceiling that you can't pass if your not smart enough, but I'm pretty sure OP doesn't play at that level.
>>
File: 1581805790861.jpg (13 KB, 260x194)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>62461222
my IQ is 2674, I am the smartest creature in the universe and I suck at chess, in your face OP
>>
>>62461498
Maybe women should simply man up and stop being insecure little fucking bitches. Like the whole western world is set up to artificially prop up women(see it in the medical field) and they still have the gaul to whine, complain and cry oppression. Western women are just fucking lame and sad to look at.
>>
File: smart apu computer.png (205 KB, 659x525)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>62461222
>people can't have a diagnosed iq of 145 and simultaneously lose at chess to anyone
I mean, she was clearly bragging about her iq, but that doesn't necessarily mean she is good at chess, or everything.
It doesn't mean she is good at everything either.
>>
>>62462753
finally, someone understands my point. that bitch was bragging and showed her her place.
>>
>>62461222
You will never meet a woman with a 140+ iq, their frequency in the population is negligible.
This is like someone claiming they've flipped 100 coins and got heads on each.
You don't need arbitrary tests to figure this out.
>>
>>62462032
>That's what a lifetime of "male good women bad" conditioning does to a brain.
Pretty sure we all went through the exact opposite. The feminist curriculum is precedent in every western nation.
But part of that curriculum is also telling you it's not the standard and your school was the only enlightened one so that the establishment lessons can be seen as against the grain and rebellious.
It's all so tiresome.
>>
Chess is a skill that even midwits can get good at
>>
>>62463040
It's a part of our culture, been so for decades.
>guys tell each other 'don't be a bitch/sissy/pussy' implying that being feminine is bad
>'you do x like a girl'
>women wearing mens clothes is acceptable but men wearing womens clothes isn't because being feminine is bad, again, unlike being manly
>get back into the kitchen propaganda implying women are bad at everything (including chess) except homemaking

>It's all so tiresome.
True. Add onto that the whole beauty and fashion industry which is built to make women insecure in order to profit off of it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.