[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Possible to live in storage unit?

hello r9k. i want to move out of my house and live in a storage unit. does anyone have experience with in a storage unit or car? any tips? long story short
>be me, 19
>kicked out of bootcamp
>look like failure in front of family, parents hate me
>cant take it anymore, just want to be left alone

I know most of 4chan would tell me to quit bitching and move out so i am planning that and to become independent. My plan is to work 2 jobs and then doordash at night through the early morning. i would store my things in the unit which is not much anyway. I would also use the unit as an area to start and launch my business idea. if i cant sleep in the unit i will just sleep in my car. for food i can use one of those portable gas stoves. to shower i can create some sort of rig where i can do a ghetto bucket shower in the back of the unit. all of it sounds ratchet as fuck but you people always tell everyone to grow up so im going to become independent. Is there anything else i shouldve thought about or didnt cover??
>>
>>63111666
how did you get kicked out of bootcamp?
>>
File: 1023.jpg (24 KB, 890x646)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>63111683
basically i had been training with a waiting platoon cause things are a mess with covid and during recieving week there is a moment of truth where it is your last chance to state anything you didnt put on your record (gov can fine and jail you for fraudulent enlistment supposedly) and if u need to state something you go into the room and make a written statement. The whole time the corpsman (nurses) are like "nah we wont send you home cause you came all this way well just process this paper and you can train. why would we kick kids out when it is so hard to get them in?". i went in to ask about my security clearance cause i put fake references and the line i waas waiting for was drug waivers so the guy was like any drugs? and iwas like nah security clearance and hes like ahh cmon dont lie and all i did was state that i used lsd previously in the pass. kicked out for past use not even cause its in my system.They said oh yea you can come back in 6 months but have to start the process over again. My process took a whole year to get shipped out. i was actually motivated and ran 3 miles everyday for 3 months. These past 2 weeks havent felt real. i want to die
>>
Maybe don't do drugs Idk thought that was obvious desu
But yeah that sucks
>>
>>63111744
You probably looked like a druggie dipshit, and you are. Sorry anon
>>
>>63111744
You cant live in a storage unit ive already looked this up theres apparently some laws theyll kick you out if they catch you
>>
>>63111666
Buy an acre/1/4th acre of land and get a trailer. Cost of a storage unit large enough for you to fit in would be the cost of those two things combined in a year, so go for the reasonable option. If you need to, couch surf and go house to house in the beginning. Travel light and keep no physical valuables in the passenger area of you car. If you're going to be living in your car, take very, very good care of it. Monitor the fluids, the oil life, the air filter, etc. Watch YouTube videos on how to fix stuff in advance. Learn how to schedule and fall asleep easily. Rest will be 95% of your priorities if you intend on working 3 jobs. You cannot go without sleep and expect to not fuck up. Take these things and segment them into bite-size activities, and it won't seem so overwhelming. I wouldn't reccomend going back in. Military ruins your life.
>>
>>63111666
Why don't you get two jobs and save up money for 1-3 months, then move out? There's no point to live in your car unless you're literally being kicked out. You could save up a few thousands dollars, then get a decent apartment.
>>
>>63111744
ah that's so brutal
>>
>>63111666
>Possible to live in storage unit?
Easier just to live in your car and use the storage as a defacto room to change in and place to charge powerbricks.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.