[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Uh, you do have an internal monologue, right, anon? You aren't an NPC... right... anon?
>>
>>64093471
I try and understand how it must be like to have no inner monologue. I kind get it, but I just don't see how you can form and complex ideas or really visualize/day-dream vividly...
Like I dont see any usefulness to not have an inner monolgue.
>>
>>64093471
>faster brain means npc
YIKES
>>
>>64093471
Everyone has this, stop acting like thinking is anything special. I also find it stupid when people act like imagining things is impossible for some people
>>
>>64093471
My internal monologue is calling you a faggot
>>
>>64093471
It's all IQ. Low IQ people don't have introspection either
>>
>>64093471
hold on do you hear your voice as if you spoke aloud to someone or is it a softer barely audible sound? Mines the latter, also can't visualize anything unless I close my eyes then its like a dark room with shadows making the outline of what I'm thinking. Fuck am I a robot bros?
>>
>>64093471
I've always had an internal monologue
>>
I have internal monologue but zero mental imagery at all (aphantasia)

still struggle to understand that some people can actually see imagery to various degrees (closed eye, open eye, from blurry to full picture.. and then me, nothing but blackness)
>>
>>64093780
exactly what I got going on, wtf went on?
>>
>>64093780
can you recall the tastes of food? do songs get stuck in your head? I can think of vanilla and "taste" it in the same way I can picture an object.
>>
>>64093832
>can you recall the tastes of food
neither taste or smell. I still recognize tastes and all that, I just can't taste chicken on demand.

I love cooking but unless I've cooked something before to know the recipe I struggle with food/spice combinations and how they'd taste since I can't imagine it. I religiously use recipes

>do songs get stuck in your head
very much so, I'm pretty ok with audio especially since all I hear all day is "my" internal voice - it's not that I literally hear it it's just "there" and seems to hit the same parts of the brain without hearing it in my ears. I guess is similar to how visual mental imagery would work if I could do it.

>>64093824
just a difference in imagination ability, nothing wrong with you. I've come to prefer it - I daydream but it's more akin to reading a book in my head (internal monologue) and using spatial awareness to make up the daydream as I go. sorta like an audiobook
>>
>>64093471
143 IQ here. I can't "hear" my thoughts and I have no mind's eye. I imagine having either of these things makes logical tasks significantly easier, no? If so how do you not obliterate spatial reasoning tests etc?
>>
>>64093471
I really find it hard to believe there people who don't have it. Like really, this stuff just happens on its own in your head. The same goes for imagination, when people say thay can't visualize something like an apple.
>>
>>64094082
Have you tried really hard to think with an internal monologue? I heard it is something that can be trained with time. For the record, nobody is physically hearing a voice, we are just imagining the voice in our head the same way one can close their eyes and picture an apple, we are just imagining audio.
>>
>>64093525
>less functional brain means I'm not npc
Don't be sad anon, nothing wring with being npc.
>>
>>64093496
>I kind get it, but I just don't see how you can form and complex ideas
It's even weirded, like how do they even think of the concept of "complex idea"? That in itself is an abstraction, there's nothing to visualize about it.
Do they just visualize a piece of paper with "complex idea" written on it? But that doesn't even mean anything, it's just words on a page.
>>
File: SIFzioR.gif (1.92 MB, 398x494)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
You dont fucking hear voices unless youre schizophrenic. Everybody has an internal monolog, its called being conscious. People just have different ways of explaining how theirs works because thought is a highly abstract concept.

People who post on Twitter (or post images of tweets on other sites) should be executed for crimes against humanity
>>
File: Jhin.jpg (38 KB, 720x537)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>64093471
Yeah I unironically speak inside of my head all the time.
>>
>>64093471
I don't hear my thoughts I just know them as I'm thinking, unless I'm doing something like reading, writing or I actively think about having an inner monologue. Think of it like an extra step that isn't necessary.
>>
>>64095071
>unless
Understand that there are people who don't have it at all, in any circumstance. They aren't actively deciding to think a different way, they just can't do it.
>>
>>64093471
I actually used to have no internal monologue! It's absurdly difficult to explain, things just "are" you don't really need to put them into words. Instead of thinking "the sky is blue" you just know the sky is blue... Good lord that sounds dumb, hard to put into words.

Either way it came up in a conversation with a friend back in high school. Once I learned it wasn't normal I taught myself to think in words instead. It helps an ungodly amount with communication, I feel like a lot of people with communication disorders don't think in words. But on the other hand I definitely feel stupider than before, so it's a trade-off.
>>
>>64095131
Yeah I know, I don't have it 90% of the time so it's pretty easy for me to understand but a lot of people in the thread don't seem to get it
>>
File: EQI-ampWoAAuHzS.jpg (22 KB, 960x509)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
I don't get the fixation with the internal monologue. As someone that does both thinking solely in words seems much more NPC than thinking solely in abstract thoughts and visuals.
>>
she does not want you anon sorry to tell you this now but you should know
>>
>>64093471
literally everyone has an internal monologue. Who the fuck doesnt
>>
>>64093471
monologue fags are the npcs
articulating things is a great utility, but if you think you're superior for depending on it, you're a fool.
>>
File: Gigachad.png (262 KB, 680x763)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>Yes, I think both in monologue and vivid visuals, both of them being a constant presence within my consciousness, how could you tell?
>>
>>64093471
I do but unfortunately a little too much - to the point I hear many different voices in my head and not all of them are nice.

Intrusive thoughts that TALK internally are the fucking worst.

What's worse, NPC or schizo?
>>
>>64093471
Spoken language is an incredibly slow and narrow tool for communication. Thoughts are literally a thousand times faster. I pity the people who can't help but slowly articulate each thought in their head. I remember reading a few studies a few years back about this phenomenon where the ability to think in these compressed and ultra-efficient abstract concepts was strongly correlated with a higher IQ. Honestly it wasn't a surprise at all.

Personally I can force myself to hear my or someone else's voice and to spell things out in my head, but I rarely bother other than for the sake of some strange amusement. In a typical client meeting I compress what is easily several pages worth of sentences in my head in less than a few seconds, all so I can come up with a way to output the information in as dense, easily understood and informative package as possible, while cutting out all the hundreds of variables they don't need to know because otherwise my monologue would take forever.

I pity you Dunning Kruger people who fail to see this, and in your ignorance and narcissism assume it's all the others who are NPC's. There's so much irony in that.
>>
>>64093471
Yes im schizophrenic.
>>
>>64093471
I can think without using inner speech, but I use inner speech to think most of the time.
>>
>>64096447
Dunning Kruger effect in practice.
>I am smart because my brain lacks functions
>>
>>64093471
I have more like an inner conversation. There's a main voice in my head which is my own voice, it's like the head voice of sorts. When im thinking, i hear other voices which don't sound like anyone i ever met particularly but yeah i "talk" with the other voices and form a collective opinion which i then type/speak out if necessary. I usually engage in conversation with the voices when im bored or not doing anything. I do get intrusive thoughts sometimes but my more positive voice whom i like to consider my tulpa gf helps me tune it out. Didn't know this was a thing which others had before.
>>
>>64096545
>my brain lacks functions
Mmhmm, exactly the level of reading comprehension I was expecting. Well at least you did not disappoint.
>>
>>64093471
Aphantasia is not real
>>
>>64093471
I guess I can 'hear' something in my head if I think about it. But I still read outloud anyway
>>
>>64096447
Sounds like you might just have autism buddy
>>
>I have voices in my head and they never shut up
>>
Serious question, what the fuck do NPCtards do when they have to write something like an essay?

I have a permanent internal monologue but I can also "skip ahead" in it and know what I'm thinking/saying before I do it, in an instant.
>>
I think I can verbalise my thoughts but it takes more mental effort than abstract thinking.
>>
>>64098840
Now that I think about it, maybe the other way around. For me, anyway.
>>
>>64093471
bot having internal monologue and being an NPC are different things. aperson who thinks visually can still think for themselves

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.