[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1626910994911.webm (1.88 MB, 464x825)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB WEBM
>mfw local mcdonald closed down because nobody want to work anymore
what's going on bros has the neet uprising started?
>>
Where I work it's getting bad
Both the amount of clients is increasing and the current staff is burning out.
We literally have three new hires next week and no one to train them.
>>
great macdonalds should burn as ever fast food and america too
>>
File: Untitled.png (508 KB, 1280x802)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>64662063
Nice.
Shekelstein btfo
>>
wait. hol up. NEETbros... how am I going to get my doordash Mcdonalds if wagie stops waging????
>>
>>64662063
god i cant stand you faggots posting attractive people doing mundane things
>>
Assuming it's the bidenbucks. It's close enough to their wage that it's not worth slaving away for 8 hours for a bit more money when you can do so many other things.
>>
>>64662063
i wonder if mcdonald's is hard up enough to finally hire me? i'm tired of being NEET and would like a shitty mindless job where i can interact with other idiots with no real skills
>>
>>64662095
honestly yeah id kinda like to see fast food go extinct as well as every other corporate bs cheapo depot business
>>
File: apotheosis.png (103 KB, 1437x908)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>64662185
Hush. The time for spiritual ascension is upon us. The wagies are reaching a higher level of consciousness.
>>
Oh shit maybe they're going to have to pay more for their employees huh.
>>
>>64662298
what happens if they raise their pay but raise prices on their boigas
>>
>>64662298
They don't want to raise the hourly rate because they figure covidbux will end soon
>>
Why has it taken this long for wagies to realize that they've always had this power? Imagine if they realized it earlier, they might've ben able to get enough consetions to make working at those shitholes not completely soul sucking and terrible.
>>
File: happyCrimson.jpg (36 KB, 401x400)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>64662063
>has the neet uprising started?
Unironnicaly yes, normies lost all their friends during lockdown and develloped mental illness by doing drugs by themselves.
Nobody even gets laid anymore, looks like everyone finally had to stoop down to our level.
>>
File: 56utgjkk.jpg (68 KB, 603x574)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>64662063
Corporations are so goddamn retarded. They rather choose to close the store than to create better working conditions or just raise the pay. Fuck all corporations and may the fuckers making these awful decisions rot on the streets.
>>
>>64662588
Mcdonald's is owned by franchise owners and the average net profit is $150,000, you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>64662636
>average net profit is $150,000
OMG how can they even survive???
>>
>>64662083
where do you work goriginal
>>
>>64662636
oy vey that's hardly any shekels
>>
>>64662636
I don't understand, are you protecting the paychecks? I am from Europe and the McDonalds workers get paid min. salary here. Corporations would pay less if it was legal.
>>
>>64662063
the price of things are increasing and the wages arent compensating
theres no reason to work in fast food anymore, its fallen enough below the cutoff point of a livable wage that youre functionally losing money wasting your time there
these food chains are gonna start sputtering and dying these next few years, first step is probably shutting down a lot of the stores and setting up contract gigs with food courts at shit like hospitals and public schools instead
>>
>>64662693
And that's for the best, if people start cooking again and support local businesses the economy will fix itself.
Fuck fastfood
>>
>>64662693
bro it's been that way for decades that's why only people whose parents pay their bills work there
>>
>>64662791
The Corp. isn't going to just give up, you know. They will find a eay to re-exploit the people by entering the market through a different enterprise.
>>
File: 1624315566555.gif (108 KB, 105x105)
108 KB
108 KB GIF
>>64662063
>work at Wendys
>manager is so stressed she literally cries in front of everyone
I feel like I could start a mutiny tomorrow if I wanted to, it would take barely any convincing at all, once it gets busy I could start reminding my coworkers we can just leave and get new jobs. Kek
>>
>>64662846
Based. You should start doing subtle acts of sabotage.
"""""Accidentally"""""" mess up orders, drop food on the ground, etc.
>>
Might get a job a mcdonald's now that wagies are treated like kings, would they even say anything if I come to work an hour late?
>>
>>64662636
So the average McDonalds franchise is stealing 150,000 from its employees? Most of whom could really use that money? Sounds like they could get a life-changing raise that would stop people from living paycheck to paycheck.

Profits are unpaid wages.
>>
>>64663229
It highly depends on the area, but franchising a McDonald's is extremely expensive and there's a lot of profit to be loss from repairing equipment, etc.
It also costs the franchise owner a million dollars to even begin doing that. So basically you're a whiney cunt.
>>
>>64663229
Awe come on now, Mr. Shekelsteinburg needs to pay his bills too
>>
>>64663247
sounds to me like McDonalds itself should be turned over to its workers in that case, the franchising expense is basically a monopoly rent paid to headquarters.Still money flowing to rich people and not to workers' pockets.
Losses to repairs and such are included in gross revenue, but not net profit, they're an expense just like wages and obviously would be paid however the place was organized.
>>
>>64662337
Covidbux are long over
>>
>>64663267
This I can get behind. McDonald's corporate is essentially a real estate company.
>>
>>64663277
Oh in that case they are just greedy cunts
>>
>>64662318
Raising the pay to 20/h increases the cost of the bigmac like 40c. It's fine.

Source: euro countries with livable wages
>>
>>64663288
Not me

>>64663267
Increasing the salary of each employee by $5000 reduces the net profit by over one third.
See how the math doesn't work out?
Employees aren't putting down any investment, they get a steady pay and shoulder no risks
Basically you need to shut the fuck up and get a real job.
>>
>>64662636
Fuck that's it? I make more than that and I'm a shitty software dev lol
>>
>>64663320
I'm not the anon you were replying to but your rhetoric really fails. By definition it already is a "real" job and no amount of emotional whinging on your part will ever change that, bucko.
>>
File: 1613525792816.jpg (38 KB, 600x397)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>64663320
>triptard
Opinion disregarded
>>
File: 1599214428273.png (194 KB, 422x400)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
>>64662063
maybe they should pay better if they want people to put up with shit working conditions
>>
>>64663326
programmers are massively overpaid for sitting on their ass
>>
>>64663267
>sounds to me like McDonalds itself should be turned over to its workers in that case
Did you miss the part where it costs >$1mil in order to build a mcdonalds? If you think you can crowdfund that shit from a bunch of fast food worker tier people then you're out of your fucking mind. What you're asking, then, is for some benevolent billionaire to drop the cash to build a restaurant, then transfer ownership to the "workers". Good luck with that.

There is no incentive for people to invest their money if they can't reasonably expect a profit in return. You gay shit will result in things like the "food deserts" black communities have been rewarded with in return for their behavior: when building a business is a losing proposition, potential business owners will stop building them.

What you need to understand is that franchise owners don't NEED to build restaurants. Investors don't NEED to back supermarkets or housing projects. There are a shitton of potential avenues for investment and if you make certain avenues unattractive or unprofitable, you're only hurting yourself. Wealthy people will simply invest elsewhere. They'll make money regardless, you can be sure of that. Meanwhile, you don't have anywhere to buy food, you don't have any local restaurants, you can't find an affordable place to live because no one wants to deal with the hassle of being a landlord or having to wrangle local crackheads who think they deserve $20/hr for flipping burgers.

To put it more simply: you need wealthy people. Wealthy people don't need you.
>>
>>64663535
>he doesn't know what a tripcode is
go back
>>
>>64663310
demand for mcdonalds is also lower in euro shit hole
>>
>>64663548
>no real skills
>can only get job in fast food or Walmart
>demands decent pay
haha you idiots get what you're worth. stop thinking you deserve anything except scraps for jobs that literal chimps could be trained to do
>>
>>64663648
That's not what the problem is, you actually get more money from neetbux than working at a fastfood restaurant.
If you work at a fast food now you're losing money
>>
>>64663566
The building's already made in this case. So what's to be lost from just, essentially, cutting the workers in for a bigger part of the profit? They already get paid out of the revenue, they would just get paid out more of the revenue.
>Wealthy people will simply invest elsewhere.
Let 'em. If McDonald's disappeared tomorrow we'd all be better off. Maybe they can get replaced with locally owned restaurants that don't use pink slime. Nobody fucking cares about impotent capitalist threats to pick up their toys and go home.
>>
who the fuck even eats mcdonalds? eating poison.
>>
>>64663648
>if you don't go to college or trade school you literally deserve to die
Fuck you. Everyone who works 40 hours a week deserves to make enough money to survive. McDonald's can afford to pay their employees a living wage but they choose not to so the CEOs can buy an extra yacht to add to their collection this year. The problem would resolve itself overnight if the mega rich would just be ever so slightly less mega rich. But we can't have that, think of the rich! What would they do if they could only afford a $500 million mansion instead of a $600 million mansion???? :(
>>
>>64662083
I can concur, I drove past the drive thru line yesterday and it stretched into oncoming traffic. who tf even eats this shit, it must take atleast half and hour to get your order LOL frescos mad as hell right now
>>
>>64663229
I'm sure McD the corp takes a decent chunk of the actual profits and $150k is what's left for the franchise owner.
>>
File: wagie.png (214 KB, 1485x535)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>64662063
reminds me of pic related. wagies were based for this. I'll give them this one.
>>
>>64663566
Remember that town in FL that didn't have a grocery store, so the local government just built one? Rich people are not needed. They don't do any fucking work.
>>
>>64663812
There is room for a lot of businesses to pay more wages, however, McDonald's is franchise-run, they're not all run by the overall company. Not every franchisee can afford to just up salaries out of nowhere, considering additional costs involved -- I feel like people always gloss over the other costs involved with businesses, especially food.

A CEO who makes $40M, or whatever, they could afford to take a hit.
>>
>>64663566
>. You gay shit will result in things like the "food deserts" black communities have been rewarded with in return for their behavior
McDonald's literally is the fucking "food desert" and a huge part of the problem because it displaces healthier eating options. Every hood in America is jam-packed with fast food joints. No one gives a shit if your dumb chain which sells horrible fake food wants to pick up its ball and go home.
>>
>>64663776
>Let 'em. If McDonald's disappeared tomorrow we'd all be better off. Maybe they can get replaced with locally owned restaurants that don't use pink slime. Nobody fucking cares about impotent capitalist threats to pick up their toys and go home.
This anon is right, megacorps are the reason society is so fucked nowadays, if fast food joints and delivery services fucked off the economy would be in a much better state.
Also how the fuck is the internet not free yet? The internet services are shutting down all the free access in my country.
I'm not saying capitalism was a mistake but it obviously got out of control, just look at the state of the music industry, all those copyright infrigement claims are killing the artfort, if a riff is even slightly similar to something in a song owned by warner or sony, they're the ones making money off of it, warner owns the fucking happy birthday song, you can now get sued for singing happy birthday.
We need more control by the state and less control by the corporations, or else we're gonna keep being slaves until our overlords fuck off on mars
>>
>>64663913
People like to shift the blame for this onto the franchisees and onto the nature of franchises themselves, as if the parent company has absolutely no influence in how much franchises profit. There is a number of things the parent company could do, from lowering the cost of the franchise, to paying for certain aspects of running the restaurants such as equipment and repair, to lowering how much of a cut they take from the profit, to better profit sharing models, etc.
If
>McDonald's can afford to pay their employees a living wage but they choose not to
isn't specific enough for you, then
>McDonald's can afford to allow their franchises to afford to pay their employees a living wage but they choose not to
should be.
>>
>>64662063
ITT: high school drop out NEETs that still live with mommy and don't understand supply and demand complain about how they should be paid $50/hr to flip burgers because they never applied themselves or learned marketable skills
>>
>>64664222
If you get more money from neetbux than from working fast food what's the point of working?
>>
>>64664258
you act like anyone can just get neetbux like that. but any moron can work at fast food or retail, so they have to be working
>>
File: 1626840851583.gif (769 KB, 363x489)
769 KB
769 KB GIF
>>64662063
>>mfw local mcdonald closed down because nobody want to work anymore
That's because a decent portion of the population are liberal COVID hysterics who want to remain in their house permanently despite having gotten two shots.

Basically they'll only take jobs where they can either work from home or won't have too see too many people. Musicians are also totally fucked now because a decent number of people will never go to a concert again due to this COVID shit. Really makes me wish that I lived in Singapore where they swiftly dealt with that shit.
>>
>>64664222
You: Bootstraps meme retard who still believes the game isn't rigged
>>
>>64664286
Or maybe it has nothing to do with that and people are just finally fed up with working their asses off 40-50 hours per week only to make such a small amount of money that they have to live with their parents and ignore medical problems until they die.
>>
>>64662221
You will be burned out in under a month. You will get no training, be put on double shifts to open and close 5 days a week (and called in on both off days when your coworkers don't bother to show up), and will be endlessly berated by shrieking boomers that are furious that you ran out of special sauce at a time when supply chains are disrupted and every fat retard in the country is descending like a locust swarm to eat inside a McDonalds again (as though that was ever something anyone would ever honestly miss).

Then some homeless guy will manage to shit in the paper towel dispenser/hand dryer while trying to shoot up in the bathroom, and you'll have to clean that out along with the pile of used needles he'll leave behind.
>>
>>64663868
>wagies were based for this
They were based because in that very moment they ceased to be wagies.
>>
>>64664457
Their choice if they want to get stuck paying the interest rates for their student loans after graduation because they were too lazy to work summer jobs.
>>
>>64664720
Are you seriously implying that you can pay for school by working summer jobs? Did you go to college in the 60s or something?
>>
>>64662221
>>64664477
This is a lot of it I think. When these places get a hire, they overwork them and lose them. They waste so much time on training with all the turnover that they never get ahead.
>>
>>64664801
Most delusional posts like that are from boomers, so probably yes.
>>
File: 1625499179239.jpg (99 KB, 599x720)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>64662693
>theres no reason to work in fast food anymore, its fallen enough below the cutoff point of a livable wage
lol you are dumb, anyone can live on minimum wage. not having roommates isn't a human right :)
>>
>>64662236
>That pic
How are neets self improving and ascetic.
>>
>>64662083
Sometimes I wish I'd work at those shitty minimum wage jobs, always cute teens working there, perfect place to meet and fuck some pussy, my job is full of men.
>>
Americans should really stop eating fast food and bankrupt these companies.
Wagies win
Diabetics win
Superior small restaurants win
>>
>>64662063
Good.
Who the hell would work at fuckin McD when you get more if you just live off neetbux.
>>
>>64662202
But isn't she purdy?
>>
>>64665610
But I like $1 burgers
>>
>because nobody wants to work anymore!
Employers don't want to pay a fair wage and are bawwwing about it.
>>
>>64662063
they'll just have all automated mcdonalds eventually except maybe one dude who only has to oversee the machines, and 1-2 people for store security (which will be attractive jobs for people, unlike customer service/ burger flipping)
In our lifetimes many of the menial jobs will be done by machines
>>
>>64662063
This is exactly why I'm going to college. I want to invent robots to replace wagies so they'll all be without jobs and broke
>>
>>64662063
Well im not working because it would cost me $16 a day in gas to get to and from work.
Min wage is $10.
40hrs x 4 = $1600 a month
= $1440 a month after taxes without paying insurances etc

$16 x 20 days = -$320
Which leaves me $1120 a month in pocket.

vs
I can get $200 a month in food and not be a slave for someone else's profit and not bust my ass for no future.
Not expose myself to sick people.
Not deal with people's shit.
Not stress myself out.
Not have to work myself to suicide even though I'm extremely disabled but my state won't acknowledge it, but they give disability for morbidly obese people that caused their own problems while I caused none of my own.

On top of that everyone online and everywhere in real life treats me like shit and attacks me constantly, so why would I ever fucking help any of you?
You've never been nice to me.
You always attack me and treat me like shit.

Ill just continue making investments and working to get paid under your federal poverty line bullshit requirements, and when my investments work out I'll own the businesses and products you'll be paying me for.
A decade of my life to afford 1/5th of a house?
Only an idiot would do this level of slavery.
You could beg on the street corner for more money or suck someone's dick or fuck their pussy as their live in bf or gf etc.
Why in god's name would you slave away 50 years of your life just to fucking die owning a house.
You only have one life to live. Every moment is precious and you choose to waste it at mcdonalds?
>>
>>64666898
Just get a job at a decent warehouse, they're always hiring. I make $13.25.
>>
>>64666914
if youre not making at least $10k a month youre wasting your life away
>>
>>64666837
>1 dude oversee 50 computers, routers, advanced robots, all the freezer and emergency systems
>one dude

the people who believe in automation like this are so fucking retarded it's not even funny, literal 12 year olds spouting Cyberpunk fantasies.
>>
>>64663648
these companies apparently need these people to work these jobs or they wouldn't be desperately trying to hire them. You are the idiot for thinking it is anything other than market forces that should dictate pay. "Deserve" has nothing to do with it. If they want the job performed, they have to pay what the market is dictating.
>>
>>64666822
>$1 burgers
Do you know how shitty and full of fillers a sandwich has to be to generate profit at $1 each? (I know most of the profit is from the $2 drinks that cost them <1 cent)
It's earthworms, basedbeans, sawdust, and lard with enough salt and sugar jammed into it that your tongue thinks it's good. Fuck, if you're paying $1 for food, it simply isn't good. Fucking dog food cans cost more than $1.
>>
>>64664222
>don't understand supply and demand
it seems you are the retard that doesn't understand supply and demand. These companies are desperately in search of labor to operate their businesses. People are not willing to take the jobs unless they come with large wages. There is great demand for labor, and the supply is low. Kind of funny how that can work against you bootlicking cunts, isn't it?
>>
>>64662298
Some places would rather call up people that applied years ago that they ghosted to offer a job instead of raising their wages
>>
>>64662215
you'd quit too if you were being paid minimum wage to serve shit that barely qualifies as food to roasties all day. Fuck anyone that doesn't give a livable wage
>>
>>64663320
Since everyone is walking out their choice is to either make less money or make no money at all
>>
And here I am having applied to multiple places and can't even get an email back. Maybe its more like shitty management rather than people not wanting to work.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.