[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Genuine question why do men beards have a lighter color scheme than the hair?
>>
>>65756698
Christian Bateman probably dyes his hair, that's why.
>>
>>65756698
A girl I fucked told me my beard and moustache have blonde and red hairs in them, my hair is dark brown and looks black except in the sunlight when it shines red. Japanese goth boy. Why is it like this? Your body probably puts more melanin in the hair on your head for extra UV protection, which your moustache doesn't need.
>>
>>65756833
my beard has lots of reds in it too, despite my head hair being very dark brown to the point it almost looks black.
>>
>>65756837
Must be the UV protection thing I hypothesized then.
>>
>>65756837
I have literally black hair (not brown) but 75% of my beard is red beat that anon-kun
>>
>>65756879
it's an anglo world bros.
>>
My hair is light brown/brown but my beard and eyebrows are pitch black. I think beard color genes and hair color genes are just different
>>
>>65756698
the beard hair and the head hair are the same color but the head hair is a lot more dense therefore less light can pass through it making it look darker.
>>
>>65756698
Thats a good question I dont know. Personally mines lighter and even strands of lighter maybe even grey color. But head brown/dark brown. It's odd maybe just age?
>>
>>65756715
I have red beard, besides having brownish blonde hair. Explain that.
>>
>>65756698
The ginger gene Anon,
>>
>>65756698
Can't relate. I'm a ginger.
>>
>>65757523
this is not true
take one average hair from your head and your beard hair, they usually differ in coloration the beard hair being lighter
>>
>>65756698
My beard is darker than my hair tho.
>>
>>65756698
different texture, different structure, different thickness, they aren't the same kind of hair
>>
mutated gene that's typically indicative that you are a recessive carrier for blonde/red hair. your dark head hair is predominately expressed, but your beard hair can show those other recessive genes. beard hair and head hair don't match in texture/quality/etc, allowing different gene expression to be seen. for most people with ginger beards, it's a mutated mc1r gene indicative of having some red hair back in your family line somewhere. you are a carrier for that gene. very common all over northern/germanic europe and celtic europe, but especially so in ireland and british isles. hair genetics is tricky, as it's not purely a dominant/recessive hierarchy. a lot of things play into it. you can have the genetics for light hair and still end up a brunette through a bunch of different interactions between various genes.

I have a ginger/blonde beard and dark brown hair. i had blondish light brown hair when I was a kid that darkened with age. there's been a lot of people with auburn hair on both sides of my family, but it's mostly been a mixed bag of dirty blondes and brunettes in my family. ginger beard is common. most the blondes become light brown with age, while looking super blonde young.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.