[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 93ce79057e95f505.jpg (16 KB, 240x240)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>you dont enjoy or like anything, or any part of your daily life
>because nothing recharges you, you just get more exhausted by the day
>something like getting a job or going to the gym sounds like a fairytale
>every day you wake up at 11:30 and just lie there for another hour

inb4 try exercise. Rofl what tired person who is sick of chores wants more tiring chores.
People go to the gym for a chance at getting laid, I'm not in the game anymore so I dont need to take care of myself
>>
File: e7076ddb9b54873e.jpg (35 KB, 654x603)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
bglub
>>
>>66292819
same anon. thinking of rope because i have no dreams, plans or anything to give me a reason. everyday feels like an inconvenience and now that responsibilities are inescapable I feel like I'll sign out at any moment.
>>
>>66292964
I don't recommend rope. We'll inevitably die within a few decades and remain dead for the rest of eternity so there's really no need to rush it. Just kick back and smoke weed. You'll die automatically from a heart attack when life gets too hard, just remember that.
>>
>>66292819
They have a name for that?
Ahh shit. All them twitter stans have another word they can add to their profile.
>>
>>66292992
>We'll inevitably die within a few decades
A few painful decades
>>
>>66293153
Someone who uses twitter and is socially connected can't know true pain.
>>
>>66292819
>wageslaving
>good thing
>implying you can't exercise at home
>>
>>66293478
You don't know true pain if you've never been on Twitter for a couple of weeks. Unironically a worse place than /b
>>
>>66293914
Elon Musk searches for his employees on Twitter

Just why.
>>
>>66292819
I really enjoy being misogynistic?
>>
File: 1595379938239.gif (1.46 MB, 328x328)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>>66292819

>Rofl what tired person who is sick of chores wants more tiring chores.

Exercise feels great though. I read the /fit/ sticky and after a few months working out was not a chore, and I could feel a marked improvement in quality of life. Enjoying things doesn't mean the emotional high you get from jerking off. Enjoying things doesn't mean a magical handwave of having your problems solved. That's how women think.
>>
I am a 34 year old NEET autistic virgin but I still lift weights everyday because I have an addictive personality and once I do something it is hard for me to stop, been lifting since my early 20s. I know lifting does nothing to help me in terms of women, I realised that a long time ago, but I have not been able to stop lifting because it is addicting
>>
>>66292819

>I don't take care of myself
>why do I wake up a feel miserable

A mystery
>>
>>66294102
Because he's a fucking retard
>>
>>66294169
You have cause and effect backwards, like all normgroids.
>>
>>66294140
>>66294147

I hate it when bodybuilders think they're tough and mentally strong for being able to keep up the routine of going to the gym.
They LIKE going to the gym. That's not making a conscious effort.
I HATE going to the gym. I don't even have a car to drive me there. Like hell I'm going to ride a bike in a blizzard so I can torture myself
>>
>>66294289

you still have to take care of yourself if you want to feel better either way
>>
File: 1560149209596.jpg (517 KB, 737x900)
517 KB
517 KB JPG
>>66294310

I don't know what your problems are. But I'm pretty sure you can overcome them, whatever they are, if you apply yourself. You're stronger than you think. Do you want to get better?
>>
>>66294412
Yes, but I just want the suffering of a meaningless and empty life to stop.
I don't need to be Rich Piana for that. The problem is that I don't really enjoy stuff, I don't really get addicted to hobbies.
>>
>>66294310
you need to do it longer.
>>
File: 1613322792218.jpg (313 KB, 2048x2048)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
>>66294455

Just acknowledging that you feel you want to be better is a small victory.

But you don't have to enjoy things. Yeah, that sounds insane, bear with me a second. Kicking yourself because you don't enjoy something you think you want to enjoy or ought to do, just makes those things that much more insufferable. When you really, honestly, are enjoying something you don't stop and shit-check yourself "Wow! I'm enjoying this right?" That sucks the fun out of it. When you're constantly self-conscious about suffering through some chore because "well it's good for me" that too makes it a huge pain in the ass.

Now the next logical leap would be to say "obviously I don't want to be self-conscious about things - but now I'm self-conscious about being self-conscious!"

Still with me anon? Makes sense.
>>
File: sad_troll.jpg (9 KB, 480x360)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>66292819
I've tried all kinds of drugs like adderall to make me enjoy things but nothing works. it's all boring and it's always been this way.
>>
>>66294604

adderall doesn't make you enjoy things, it just makes it marginally easier to focus on stuff
>>
>>66294555
>When you really, honestly, are enjoying something you don't stop and shit-check yourself "Wow! I'm enjoying this right?"

Well said man. I've tried a million different hobbies with this mindset. I'm always overthinking things and trying to make sure if I'm actually enjoying myself or not.
I live too manually. Going with the flow and just existing is the hardest thing for me
>>
File: 1597517460985.jpg (1.45 MB, 2500x1745)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>66292819
go vegan. its great for anhedonia and depression. also take magic mushrooms. also do meditation. if you want a accountability buddy, just say so (me)

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/anti-inflammatory-diet-for-depression/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/antioxidants-and-depression/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression/
https://nutritionfacts.org/2018/04/03/the-best-diet-for-depression/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diets-for-improved-mood-and-productivity/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/plant-based-diet-mood/
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/improving-mood-through-diet/

it depends if you are willing to put in work to eliminate it, op
>>
File: 1570132240897.jpg (104 KB, 715x531)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>66294651

You know what I'm getting at. When you're going with the flow when you're "in the zone" you're not thinking if whatever you're up to is good for you, if you're enjoying it -- you are just going with the flow. That's real joy.

You can't see your eyes, if you do you have cataracts. You can't hear your ears, if you do you have tinnitus. When your body and mind is fully functioning you're completely unaware of it. Same thing can be said of anhedonia and any other problems up in your head.

Then when you lift heavy weights and are struggling to meet your new PR on the last rep. When you're fully engrossed in a book and want only to see the next word. When you're engaged in meditation and doing absolutely nothing for no reason, completely meaningless, and okay with it. That's where you find joy, and it will radiate in the background of your life. You won't necessary feel it, but it will be there.
>>
>>66294724
It's a paradox. How do you expect a wrecked motherfucker to put in work? How does one break the cycle without external aid?
>>
File: 1613877675203.gif (1.47 MB, 400x560)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>66294741

Trying a hobby "because it's good for you" is what makes it insufferable and makes anyone want to drop it. Everyone does this.

I invite you to repeatedly ask yourself sub-vocally every chance you get when you try to do something? "Am I enjoying this? Am I hating it?" If you do that enough you'll realize that joy and hate of doing things are mostly illusory. They're the product of you asking in the first place and you'll realize the delusion of it and allow the 'joy radiation' the bleed in.

For me it was reading that got me out of the hole. I didn't pick up cooking and lifting until later.
>>
File: anti oxidants.png (72 KB, 960x550)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>66294773
if you are willing to, lets do an accountability buddy for eachother. basically we measure our progress daily and talk about how we are feeling, and measure it, and set goals. its a good way to achieve stuff if you are a lazy underachiever, and its backed by science! read my post here, nobody responded to it!

>>66294011

i have other information pertaining to anhedonia as well, and i have personal experiences with it also. just add me if you want motivation
>>
>>66294412
>>66294555
>>66294741
>>66294786
Normies giving utterly vapid and unhelpful advice is one of my favorite parts of these threads. I'm not entirely convinced it isn't anon(s) trying to push anons to suicide desu.
>>
>>66294942

What did you hope with achieve with this post?
>>
>>66294942
look pal. we all feel like you. Every human feels shitty from time to time, it's how we cope with it. Exercise does generally make you feel better since it releases happy chemicals.
>>
>>66292819
rn im learning in freecodecamp, i want a stay home job so i can die alone and happy by myself
>>
>>66292819
>Rofl what tired person who is sick of chores wants more tiring chores.
working out energizes you if you dont do too much cardio
>>
>>66294978
A level of empathy that the unhelpful "just workout bro!" posts completely lack.
>>
>>66294724
Not OP but been interested in this diet a while and could use an accountability buddy. How can I get in touch
>>
>>66295687

You're the one who mocked my suggestion. I understood anon and he understood me and you made a snide comment.
>>
>>66295967
And if you think he'll actually do something because some random anon told him to "just workout bro!" either you're comically naive or he's not actually depressed or both.
>>
>>66292819
Only thing that keeps me going is finding new music, cigarettes and coffee. Everything else is a cope.
I really want to get opis they fix this shit instantly but im broke
>>
>>66296391
>finding new music
Sigh, I miss this feeling so much. I've been listening to the same crap for 10 years.
>>
>>66296720
Use lastfm and spotify. Ask around on /mu/, they're mostly faggots but there's always somebody with the same taste
>>
>>66296391
>I really want to get opis they fix this shit instantly
May as well kys. Cope with other drugs
>>
>>66296158

No more naive than telling people no ur wrong shut up and then expecting empathy
>>
>>66292819
Going to the gym really does make you feel better but yeah actually finding the motivation to do so can be an uphill battle.
>>
>>66292819
>go to the gym to get laid
fuck that shit, do it for yourself. If you want it to be a step to getting laid, it will only disappoint you.
>>
>>66296954
>>66297135
>le gym card
I did go to the gym. I stopped for several reasons.
>1. It was just another thing I didnt want to do in my daily life. Just another forced chore
>2. I don't enjoy lifting weights. I always look at the clock and wait til 45 minutes have passed so I have an excuse to get the fuck out
>3. I have to see hot women there. It pains me to see leggings butts that I can never have. DON'T even torture me with any false hope that they're single and waiting for me to talk to them. Shut the hell up about that.
>4. I didn't make any progress. Low test or whatever.
>5. I'm only 6 feet tall and didnt make any progress so what the hell is the point? I've seen pics of the guy who is even bigger than Hafthor Bjornsson. I'll never EVER make it in the muscle business so why waste my time man? Why not program or do something that's actually suitable for my genetics?
>>
>>66297177
Train harder and shorter with more rest days in between. Don't make it a chore.
>>
>>66297413
Also one of the biggest hurdles was getting to the gym. It's miles of riding a bicycle to get there, and it's always raining or snowing in here
>>
>>66296720
Yeah me too, but from time to time.youtube recommendations hit me up w stuff that I would never hear in my life and that's amazing to me >>66296891
Tried weed and makes it better for a moment then worse when I ran out and it's not easy to get, tried mushrooms and stopped since lately all I was getting horrible bad trips even though I tried doing what every psych fag tells u to do, tried benzos I don't have access to them anymore tho, Opioids are the only drug that will never let you down and always fixes the problem specifically, at least for me. Cigarettes and coffee everyday also
>>
>>66297470

Jump over to /fit/ and ask for bodyweight exercises, read the sticky, and make a mealplan. Going to the gym is not about going to the gym, it's about cultivating discipline and making the sad head voice quiet.
>>
>>66297516
The world needs scientists and programmers more than guys who have big muscles.
It's hard to focus on both goals.
>>
File: 1555514788819.jpg (34 KB, 354x381)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>66297611

Science is a discipline. Again, it's not about going to the gym, it's not about the muscles, it's about cultivating discipline in yourself. It doesn't HAVE to be lifting weights but lifting heavy thing up and putting it down again and measuring progress is the quickest, simplest, and easiest way of training yourself to train yourself.

>It's hard to focus on both goal

You're not busy
>>
>>66297476
>hard to get
>don't have access
No you get all of it on the DNMs. It's all just a couple clicks away. Opioids are just suicide though
>>
>>66292819
I was told to take GDNF/dopamine agonists and sigma-1 antagonists to fix my anhedonia.
But I just don't know, you know?
>>
>>66292819
Same anon
Even videogames feel like a chore
>>
>>66293153
anhedonia has been a term for a very long time in clinical psychology, it isn't some random twitter buzzword. It's used to describe the inability to derive pleasure or positive emotion from literally any activity or experience.
>>
>>66296954
HOW CAN I FIND MOTIVATION ANON PLS TELL ME
>>
>>66294386
*normgroid gets called out on retarded bullshit, has no response

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.