[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: akira.jpg (125 KB, 928x459)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
what is your favorite look for Motoko?
>>
First two, the manga version looks goofy but fitting for the story and is a pretty fun design while the movie version looks cool and militaristic. The rest all just look fucking retarded except for the doll one which I'm indifferent to.
>>
manga version where's she's fucking yoked
>>
File: unnamed (9).jpg (112 KB, 490x512)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>66298806
I like the manga and movie versions and also the one where she has the visor. She looks fuckin' sick like that.
>>
>>66298806
I like the visor one. Everything else looks dumb, but I enjoyed the movies.
>>
>>66298806
Film and doll one. Glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the aesthetic of SAC.
>>
File: 10.jpg (506 KB, 1280x1840)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
Back in the dawn of time, that is to say the mid-to-late-90s, I watched the first Ghost In The Shell movie. For the longest time I thought that super serious swole manjaw muscle mommy Motoko was the 'canon' version of the major. It wasn't until much later, and after several iterations of ubiquitous high speed internet, that I learned that manga OG Motoko was nothing like her characterization in the movie, and was just more of Oshii being Oshii. But all that said, because my first exposure to GiTS was the Oshii movie, that Motoko has always stuck with me. Sadly it seems like most of the lewd content out there has latched on to Stand Alone Complex instead of the original Shirow or Oshii versions, but that's neither here nor there.
>>
>>66299256
I honestly don't care about any version of her other than the movie version that sparked my sexual awakening. Watched SAC for like 5 episodes and dropped it. Just wasn't the same.
>>
File: wordswordswordsBUSHA.jpg (421 KB, 1280x1835)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>66299302
I think you should give SAC a second shot. I did and I enjoyed it immensely the second time around. I had the same initial reaction you did, "wtf this is trash not muh gits i hate this uninstalling system32 immediately" but I started to get into it after a while. The fact that it's different is kind of the appeal for me.
>>
>>66299360
Thanks for the heads up anon. Maybe one day.
>>
>>66298806
That puppet emo one is pure garbage.
>>
why does she have so many versions?
>>
>>66298806
Unironically the Masamune Shirow version in the original manga. Goofy but she somehow had soul despite being a machine. I miss his aesthetics
>>
>>66300183
Machine body can be upgraded to a different model but the source material is great and can be used for many stories. Easily the best is the StandAlone Complex series, which outdoes the movie in a big way. I personally love the mangas as I love Shirows art
>>
obviously sac for me(purple)
but I really can't enjoy Motoko in that way she's too much for me, but I did eventually realize underneath all the smart talk of the show is a artistic masterpiece part of the global consciousness but it's dated and unless you're nostalgic about it you won't really get it

we live in a society
>>
>>66298806
The netflix one
>>
>>66300273
Its disappointing in a sense that weve achieved an equally soulless society without having to trade in our body parts for machinery
I havent watched SAC in a long time but I can understand what you mean. The tech depicted and the theme of using machines to connect to the web is just dated now when all we have to do is use our smartphones without sacrificing anything. Our humanity is eroded
>>
>>66300378
A lot of it is just a metaphor for what already is, the people who write these stories are no amateurs and they satisfy the schizo in me.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.