[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 49c.png (181 KB, 409x409)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
I genuinely don't enjoy being around people. I hate traveling with people. I prefer to be alone and live my life alone. I would genuinely rather just have a love doll for my sexual needs than get a girlfriend.

I'm not socially anxious or anything. I'm just not very talkative and don't wish to have friends. And obviously I'd have to interact with people in order to work and stuff. But I don't want to interact with people more than I have to.
>>
File: 1628121653617.png (201 KB, 948x1197)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>68628788
Me too. I hope one day I can get an easy remote job and then move to a house/cabin the middle of nowhere so I can ride out the comfy schizoid life.
>>
>>68628812
I wish I could work remotely. I'm majoring in Physics though, and don't know if that's an option.
>>
>>68628788
If my life turns out a certain way I'm going to bring a bunch of books out to an off the grid cabin and just live off the land, reading and meditating all day until I die
>>
>>68628788
it's just cus you havent found the right friends yet. you'll get there friend.
>>
>>68628788
I often wish that I could and while it would be great in theory, it would not be so great in practice without the proper skill set. Living in the middle of nowhere more often than not means living in a dirt hut or run down cabin with no modern amenities and you'd have to know how to grow your own food, hunt, and find a source of water which is almost certain to be infected with parasites that you'd have to boil first. While the peace, quiet, and solitude would be nice, it feels like most of the time would just be spent trying not to die.

It's absolutely my own fault that I am too lazy to learn how to do any of those things but it seems like a hassle all the same. Maybe I just don't hate humanity strongly enough to make getting away from it my life's mission.
>>
>>68628948
yeah, this.
Maybe if I just lived somewhat far enough where I could still visit stores and stuff. And have Internet
>>
>>68629116
That sounds a bit easier to do. Plenty of places where you can get an out of the way cabin if you don't mind having to drive for an hour to do your grocery shopping. The only real issue with the "lite" version of the hermit dream is that it also requires having either a source of income or some other pool of money to draw from. Having a traditional job would be counterproductive to the goal of seeing as few people as you can.

I don't think I am going out on a limb when I say that the kinds of people who want to be hermits or social recluses are usually also the types of people who don't have the financial means to do so. Most are likely NEET by choice, myself included. By refusing to participate in society we have shot ourselves in the foot.
>>
File: 1602639111876.jpg (669 KB, 1600x1280)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
>>68628788
same here OP, solitude is so comfy for me, sometimes i feel really lonely and depressed but most of the time i enjoy being alone, idk i just hate dealing with people and their bullshit.
>>
File: 1644679826594.jpg (95 KB, 982x942)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I do live as a hermit. I live in a russian forest, about a 5-6 hour drive away from the nearest town.

It is.. not as fun.

>>68628948 is actually right. It's a perpetual dance of fixing your house, trying to ration utilities, and make a proper plan for improvements. And while it might sound like fun, it requires a lot of technical skill and tedious planning.

Also suprisingly you start craving social contact the moment you miss it. You desperately want to see a human face, as you go downright delerious when you are desolated and have nobody to keep you company.
People sometimes call me autistic or say there is something "off" about me, because I lost grip on very basic social norms and always have to be actively reminded they exist, so it's very hard to make friends or get a girl.

If you do want to find a reason and a benefit to such a lifestyle, it makes for great inspiration.
I am a game developer, and since moving here I have encountered darkwood-tier stuff on a daily basis. I sleep pretty well when I am not being harassed by the birds too! Speaking of..

Picrelated is my pet crow Georgi. He likes rice crispies.
>>
>>68628788
Yes but I more wish I was capable of doing so >>68628948. It would probably self fulfill being successful in society anyways but I really just want out at this point.
>>
>>68629240
How's the internet out there? I don't feel like the social thing would be much of an issue for me since I've got a handful of online friends I can speak to if I want company.
>>
>>68629240
>It's a perpetual dance of fixing your house, trying to ration utilities, and make a proper plan for improvements
have you tried not living in a shithole
>>
>>68629358
Not him, but that's the thing about being a hermit of presumably limited means. It's not going to be luxurious or even nice.
>>
>>68628788
I live like this. I have a small room I rent out with my neet bucks and I live as a hermit neet. I don't want to be a wagie

fuck normies
fuck meat eaters
fuck woman and whores
and fuck simps
>>
>>68629366
but its not like it would be any worse than the repairs, utilities, and improvements needed in most other houses, those aren't downsides of hermitdom, just of living
>>
>>68629439
I meant more that it comes down to how much money he has to work with at all. I don't know if he's renting or owns the place but it's both cheaper to rent and to buy in a shithole than it is in some place not as shitty. Double so if the building isn't a particularly nice one. Seeing as he is living somewhere like that, I don't imagine he is making bank as a game developer either. If housing prices in Russia are anything like the ones in the US he likely wouldn't be able to afford a decent place in a nicer town anyways.
>>
>>68628788
I already do. It's ok. I follow college lessons online and basically only see and speak to my mom except shopping for groceries every couple weeks. Sometimes I'd like to do other things but it would mean moving away and going to the city my uni is in, which isn't that far away (1 hour and a half by bus, less by car but fuck traffic), but I don't want to be uncomfy in some ratty apartment with loud noise 24/7.
>>
>>68628788
I think you could call me a hermit. I moved away from america and to bulgaria with all of the inheritance money I got, I live in a cheap shitty apartment.
I have no friends or girlfriend and I almost never talk to anybody. Living like this is the only time I've ever been happy. You have to be a specific type of person to enjoy living like this though. I think a lot of people would go insane.
>>
>>68629378
u dont know how lucky u are, not having to work and yet able to go on the internet is all a man truly needs nowadays - this is freedom. u should feel lucky u live in a world where theres such thing called "neetbux", which is totally unthinkable in other parts of the world

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.