[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Autism research might as well be a dead field because of how fucking vocal Aspergics are online and how popular self-diagnosis has gotten. Even in real life, hitting up a community center like a college for data would bring out the most mildly afflicted terminally online from their holes and skew it so hard you might as well throw it out. I say all this as someone who was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 3
>>
>>70315826
Yes indeed fellow autistic, the vast majority of help available for people with autism is only for children or those with severe impairments. Unlike you though I wasn't actually diagnosed until I was 30, since there was much less autism awareness in the 1990s, and my parents were anti-psychiatry anyways.
>>
>>70315826
Autism = being a sub5 male

Autism is just how people socially receive you. So it is impossible for women and Chads to be (((autistic)))

In other words autism isnt real. Its pseudoscience
>>
>>70315826
>autism isnt real. Its pseudoscience
Psychology is pseudoscience. Correct!
>>
>>70316108
Chad can definitely be so fucking autistic that he loses his halo. No woman wants to deal with a fully autistic male and all his bullshit hangups and needs.
>>
>>70315826
a lot of redditor-type people have adopted it as some kind of identity and will oppose any kind of treatment or research about it because anything that helps actual autists function better or helps understand their condition better is now an attack on their identity and an implication that they aren't perfect as they are.
As if life wasn't already hard enough, now we have these clowns to ruin any genuine scientific enquiry into autism.
>>
>>70316190
I am mostly talking about so called ((aspergers)) not full blown mental retardation.

If autism is a truth there wouldnt be a spectrum of vague definitions.

>oy vey youre obese son lacks confidence and isnt making eye contact. HE HAS le AUTISMERINO
>>
>>70315826
>diagnosed with Asperger's when I was 3
how old are you anon? i have a feeling a lot of older people were never diagnosed because they simply didnt know shit about it back then.
>>
My wife has assburgers. I never noticed any problem with her ass. Besides her gluten intolerance.
>>
>>70315850
Did you think you were autistic before you were diagnosed? What behaviors did you realize were symptoms of autism?
>>
>>70316228
I was born autistic, always had sensory sensitivity issues, especially with things like wearing clothes.
>>
File: 1661920168486031.jpg (48 KB, 648x674)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>70315826
this isn't related to your thread at all but
>tfw no schizo blehhhh :P gf to do fed RPs with
>>
>>70316228
>>70316256
But in retrospect it really became obvious when I spent a few years working in a supermarket after high school. It's one thing being a strange and weird character at school, but a whole new reality having to actually interact with employees and customers constantly. They could all tell something was not normal, but no one ever suggested autism- this was in 2006-2010. The department manager and store managers just told me vague things like smile more, be more approachable, have empathy. Received many compliments about actual content of customer service completion, and many complaints about petty shit like coming off as cold mannered or being rude or acting aggressive when I talked to people.
>>
>>70316212
20. A fair bit older than the ones I'm bitching about but probably younger than you
>>
>>70316219
Females aren't negatively affected by autism
>>
>>70316901
Her farts are extremely smelly.
>>
>>70316108
this.
autism has a direct correlation with attractiveness.
someone who chadstruck girls has to shit himself in public to for his weirdness to be unacceptable.
>>
>>70315826
yeah, while a lot of people suffer because they never felt like copying others for the sake of fitting in autism has a tarnished reputation because of the spergs who just completely lack self awareness. the difference isn't necessarily obvious to everyone but its there.
people who just really like eccentric shit like warhammer 40k or D&D and dont look chad doing it are lumped together with guys who breathe heavily while watching anime on their phone in class. being really good at something others generally aren't because they dont really care gives you the ick factor you'd get from wearing a cape in public.
>>
>>70316108
This is your brain on 4chan. Kill yourself already retard
>>
>>70316108
There are attractive spergs. I would know because I am one. And it's not placebo or anything because after I got diagnosed I was just as convinced as you that it wasn't a real thing and that I was maladjusted from excessive isolation. I know it's real now because I can't fix any of the symptoms.
>>
>>70317215
sadly it does not

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.