[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

i ghosted a long-time internet friend after the guilt of lying to her about the most fundamental aspects of my identity (name, age, ethnicity) for a variety of complex but nevertheless unjustifiable reasons overwhelmed my conscience. my desire to reconcile with her has been kindled by a post of hers i came across a few days ago saying that she misses me. should i contact her again and reveal my true identity or continue to ignore her? i miss her too, but i don't want to be a liar again
>>
>>70320287
Are you male or female? It depends on that
>>
>>70320303
i'm a woman oregano
>>
File: 1624280166803.jpg (58 KB, 1080x963)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>70320287
You fucked up by lying and now you're facing the consequences, and you now know the strength of honesty. Learn from this and do better next time. Use the recondition of your weaknesses as opportunity to change. There is nothing wrong with having weaknesses, there is with doing nothing about it.
>>
>>70320316
nta anon but you gotta mend your ways
if you apologize and try to be genuine things will probably go right
best of lucks anone, and remember ghosting is a terrible thing to do, do not do that again
>>
>>70320316
Do it then. It's cool
>>
>>70320328
>>70320338
thanks, you've given me the push i've needed to reach out to her and apologize. if she rejects my apology, then oh well, that will be my punishment for lying
>>70320352
so if i was a guy, reaching out to her wouldn't be a good option? why do you think that is?
>>
>>70320469
Men are just seen as orbiters by women online
>>
>>70320469
anon can i ask you why do you lie about those things? im sorry if im being intrusive, but why do you think your identity might be a nuisance for others?
>>
>>70320501
she spends too much time on the internet. coincidentally, she also has bpd.
>>
>>70320510
So she's just as crazy as you, why wouldn't she understand your behavior since you both are very mentally unwell?
>>
>>70320510
oh, but i guess she still has a reason right? its not just because
>>
>>70320501
it's not intrusive, don't worry. we first met each other when i was an extremely mentally unstable, paranoid, and self-hating teenager, so i initially thought that lying to her about my identity was the best option for the both of us
>>70320510
i don't have BPD nigga!
>>
>>70320528
>you both
you've got the wrong guy.
>>70320534
when you cycle between 7-8 people to speak to, the conversations become much more impersonal (which was the case here). trivial information pertaining to identity can just be lied about in order to keep the conversation going, since she's non confrontational and would prefer to lie than consciously omit detail
>>
>>70320570
>i don't have BPD nigga!
I don't believe you.
>>
>>70320570
How long have you guys been friends for?
>>
>>70320570
oh... have you gotten better? it sounds like you have been through a lot of stuff anon
>>70320571
sorry if i am being unreasonable but you sound like you know the OP personally... i interact with a lot of people online and i dont think i feel like i need to lie, maybe its because i am not a bpd...
>>
>>70320596
almost five years
>>70320648
it's not intrusive, don't worry. yeah, i can confidently say that i have, otherwise i wouldn't have any desire to rekindle our friendship. also, the guy you're responding to is probably just projecting the experiences he had with bpd e-girls onto me
>>
>>70320648
>sorry if i am being unreasonable but you sound like you know the OP
don't apologize, polite-poster. you sound very sweet, but you should be more assertive and write with conviction. you are correct that that is how I worded my sentence. I'm either a schizo or I know who the op is.
>>
>>70320717
thats nice to hear anon, i'm proud of you
as long as you dont decide to give up you can thrive
>>70320722
thanks anon, you are right, but i still think you are a bit too harsh with op, she probably didnt mean to do any harm by lying. on the other hand, ghosting is terrible... i have been ghosted and hurt so many times i don't like to see people going through the same
>>
>>70320722
you're probably not a schizo, but i'm almost certain we've never interacted before. what's the first letter of the name of the person you're thinking of?
>>70320803
thank you, you're sweet
>>
>>70320469
>if she rejects my apology, then oh well, that will be my punishment for lying
Good lad, best of luck and if it doesn't work out then best of luck in the future. There is always forward to move
>>
>>70320328
fr fr no cap verily

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.