[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This game brainbroke me. I can't do anything competitive anymore because I really have been pavlovian conditioned to believe I'll be mercilessly mocked for it at best and at worst have people active seeking to hurt me, no matter the outcome.
I can't even enjoy chess anymore. Too conditioned to think my opponent is laughing at my every move and will scorn me for winning the "wrong" way if I do manage.
>>
Can you explain. I never played that game but heard the community is gigatoxic.
>>
>>76442755
No matter what happens you get turbo harassed just for playing. Streamers will send their viewers after your profile. Some people will dox and send death threats. It's at the point whhere it's just to be expected. The justification is all some bullshit about having to "play the right way" which is absurd. I don't know any other community with such a complex around "play nice!!!" Imagine fighting games if everyone had to pander to the "throws are cheap" crowd
>>
>>76442793
Did that happen to you? If nobody doxxed you or even harassed you in any way the nothing happened to you. This is an epic games game right? You can use a different gamer tag name you don't use anywhere else so nobody can doxx you. Have a special epic games name you don't use anywhere and nobody can hurt you
>>
I like this game but it's hard so I play it only occasionally a few times a month. Those survivors always screw me over even when I'm playing overpowered characters like wraith and I still always lose and someone escapes
>>
>>76442856
It's happened to me while just playing casually. It happens if you win and happens if you lose.
>>
>>76442737
Im glad I never got into that game, it looks kinda fun but if the community is like that then not worth it. I would probably play it if I had friends who played it, I hate it when games make voice comms integral to the game, same reason I cant get into Lethal Company or couldnt get into Among Us, I hate talking to random people online.
>>
>>76442914
Is your epic games name the same name you use everywhere else? Like people can find your Steam just because they know your name on epic games? I don't understand how you get those bad things to happen. I play casually too but I didn't do that in a long time
>>
>>76442933
There's voice chat in dead by daylight? I thought people can't speak to each other unless they talk on discord with their friends they play with. Randoms don't speak to each other
>>
>>76442942
its on steam, not epic
>>
>>76442955
I have it on epic and it was a free game. Not sure how it's like on steam. Maybe downloading it on epic was a blessing in disguise because people can't stalk me. Steam is quite personal for me so I understand getting harassed there. Thank god I don't play it on steam
>>
Dead by daylight is too edgy for me but I like to play it sometimes. This is a game for cringe horror fans and I wouldn't be surprised if women played that game because there is a kind of horror bitches that like horror movies and that horror aesthetic but most horrors are just stupid. It's for simple bitches so maybe that's who fans of this game are
>>
>>76442953
I didnt know, I figured it would. Still wouldnt play it if the community is as bad as OP is saying though
>>
>>76442997
Yeah it's a lot of women w their boyfriends who will beat you up
>>
File: the frog.jpg (8 KB, 241x209)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>76442737
bhvr should explore other IPs
>>
>>76443133
Shovelware Dev needs to milk
>>
>>76442737
I dislike this game but only because it is Multiplayer slop and the fact that a horror game with more than one person is not a horror game, it is mario party with angry faces.
>>
>>76442737
community is super weird. there's just something about this game that makes winning or losing not feel good. Wins should feel like you've overcame the other side's great skill, but wins either feel like you just slaughtered a bunch of dum dums or you dispensed "justice" on a toxic player. Losing feels like you're about to be in someone's epic DBD montage.
>>
>>76443563
You're going to be in the montage either way. If you're lucky they'll blur out part of your steam name.
>>
there's just something about professional SWFs doing winstreaks that rub me the wrong way. Even if these are professional players DBD , SBMM doesn't mean that they will always go against professional players playing seriously.
>>
>>76443563
Sounds similar to league of legends lol. One reason I stopped playing this garbage game, it's too high competition and it stopped beeing fun altogether. Even low elos are competitive af. No fun even if you win, it's only fun if it's a tight match and that is rare because this garbage game is extremely snowbally. Ahh and yeah riot is actively destroying their own game and turning it into woke l/anime cringe fest instead of it beeing a based phantasy Warcraft type game.
>>
I don't like how winning a few games imakes me go against people way better than me.
>>
File: IMG_5501.png (609 KB, 907x916)
609 KB
609 KB PNG
>>76442737
I genuinely believe that anyone playing survivor is a horrible human being, if not downright sociopathic. Every survivor player, to some extent at least.
The devs are also faggots and pushovers. Not to mention that the survivor side will always be favored, both in the community and by the devs.
The community is just a majority vs minority thing. One team has 1 player and the other has 4. Guess which is which. Ofc any killer voice will get buried beneath the whining of scores of redditor survs.
The devs will also always favor survivors because there are more players playing that role, and they have easily 500x the purchasable cosmetics options of the killers. To the devs it is all about money, and they know the tranny survivors will gladly spend their every last cent on fucking bunny feng or whatever.
Oh, did I mention, the survivor team literally has more ways to harm the killer than any killer had to harm them.
The only difference being that while the huge, burly killer is weaker somehow, they have infinite lives.
But your mental is not infinite. Every pallet, every blind, head on, endurance hit, decisive strike and shit tonne of other ways the killer can be hurt leaves a wound on your mind that gets deeper every time.
DBD is such a disgusting, faggot and maggot filled shithole and I hate myself for playing it.
End of blogpost.
>>
>>76442869
Wraith is not overpowered. Nurse, Blight and Wesker are the top tier killers. Spirit, Chucky and Billy with his recent rework are all pretty good too.
t. over 3000 hours played
>>
File: Scaler.jpg (29 KB, 265x376)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>76442737
Those guys should stick to what they know.
>>
>>76442737
Play on console with anon mode on. It's so much better. Also who's your main? I play Feng and Chucky
>>
>>76443489
It's like a horror smash bros with popular horror characters and original horror characters. It's like a slightly creepy fighting game od something. At least it feels spooky sometimes and I kinda like that from time to time
>>
>>76443684
Ohh now that I think about it I didn't play nurse or billy yet. I only mained my waifu huntress and I started playing wraith and besides that I didn't play any nurse because I thought she was weak but I'll try, to be fair I don't even know what she does

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.