[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
[s4s] - Sh*t 4chan Says

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1631710938477.jpg (55 KB, 576x1024)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
le s4s dating squad rolls up on ur gf, what do?
>>
>>9898815
ask them why they can't take a joke

Your fortune: Good Luck
>>
warm up my cringin' muscles
>>
>>9898816
seuss
>>
File: 1621084244328.png (18 KB, 551x433)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>9898827
hm?

Your fortune: Outlook good
>>
>>9898838
seuss
>>
File: da-fucky.jpg (28 KB, 232x319)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>9898846
What did you want to tell me?

Your fortune: You will meet a dark handsome stranger
>>
>>9898853
seuss
>>
File: 1555677429827.png (281 KB, 604x604)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>9898855
>>9898856
what's the matter?

Your fortune: Godly Luck
>>
>>9898860
never post this picture again thanks
>>
File: woah.jpg (377 KB, 1089x836)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>9898863
>>9898866
>When the world began /in the small factory of my father's imagination /he never spoke of this gnarled concoction /of bone and blood that is nothing like wonder /but just the opposite, something /simply ravaged. He too would die soon after /the making of the world. I would go on /waking, sexing, mimicking enemies. /I would go on coaxed by gravity and hard science. —Tina Chang, Invention

Living in a society can be so demanding...

Your fortune: キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!
>>
>>9898883
The will of the individual is absolute! The chiefest concern of the brass is to validate the concerns of the individual.

>>
>>9898815
I unsheathe my blacksteel katana and kill them all in one fell swoop

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン
>>
>>9898891
>Never attract attention to yourself! Stay calm, however much it goes against your character! Try to gain some insight into the size of the court organism and how, to some extent, it remains in a state of suspension, and that even if you alter something in one place you’ll draw the ground out from under your feet and might fall, whereas if an enormous organism like the court is disrupted in any one place it finds it easy to provide a substitute for itself somewhere else. Everything is connected with everything else and will continue without any change or else, which is quite probable, even more closed, more attentive, more strict, more malevolent. —Franz Kafka, The Trial

It can be difficult trying to understand society. As an embryo, we grow and connect with other living objects nearby, forming the connectome of culture, but society does not prevail if we cannot honor our own public authority and personal spaces... there can be no society when the individual is invalidated. I understand some of your feelings.

>>
RIPA
>>
seuss
>>
>>9898900
>>9898906
you're both mental
>>
>>9898910
Learning to understand people, it's difficult. Most forms of existentialism are difficult. Naturalism and its children are not easy to befriend. We feel alone most around others, and feel misunderstood while in solitude.

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again
>>
>>9898872
this shit is so bad
>poet laureate
how???? why
>>
>>9898958
It's called confessional poetry.

https://poets.org/text/brief-guide-confessional-poetry

>The confessional poets were not merely recording their emotions on paper; craft and construction were extremely important to their work. While their treatment of the poetic self may have been groundbreaking and shocking to some readers, these poets maintained a high level of craftsmanship through their careful attention to and use of prosody.

>>
>>9898978
the only shocking thing about it are the plaudits it received
>>
>>9898986
Confessional poetry is very controversial. Sylvia Plath received accolades, but there were also detractors. In the end, she wound up killing herself by suffocating in an oven.

Your fortune: Better not tell you now
>>
>>9898815
I'd marry her
>>
>>9898989
She was from Boston, Massachusetts. Thank you for checking.

>>
File: check em!.gif (663 KB, 320x240)
663 KB
663 KB GIF
>>9898999
Well you got triples.

>>
>>9898988
>Confessional poetry is very controversial
That’s not the issue here, that example was just garbo. Maybe she has better stuff but that one made me want to puke.
And while Plath’s poetry was perhaps fueled in part by her psychological torment, she would have killed herself with or without it, attributing greater significance to her poetry because of her suicide and conflating critique with her death is an outgrowth of the voyeuristic celebritization characteristic of 20th century consumer culture permeating even the intelligentsia who deliberately created cults of personality (even when the personality in question didn’t want the cult), like an intellectual paparazzi, as part of their agenda of credentialism and egocentrically presenting history as the product of individual geniuses which they, mired in their inferiority complexes, wished they could be
>>
>>9899004
Do you like Asian American poets? Her work is very similar to Li-Young Lee.

>>
File: 1515355089989.jpg (51 KB, 499x500)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>9898989
this is a pretty cool get. well done anon!

Your fortune: Good news will come to you by mail
>>
>>9899011
She was one of my favorite sailors.

Her and Jupiter were my crushes in 4th grade.

>>
>>9899005
I will look later when I eat a sandwich
>>
>>9899017
I think I will order chinese.

>>
>>9899022
>C.C
I think I've seen this character before, but I'm not sure.

>>
>>9899028
Oh I don't remember watching Code Geass very much. I only know about the Lelouch memes.

>>
>>9899026
you're gonna make me make apology videos for the residents of this apartment for disturbing public peace

>>
>>9899036
I don't think I'll be donating any more cycles to things I can't understand.

Your fortune: Excellent Luck
>>
>>9899039
Do you think a massacre is an event where both people can fight back?

>>
>>9899051
Massacres usually involved an affected class, unable to compete. But if you say so, I think it's liberal to bend the rules just this once. Big words and all.

>>
>>9899062
It's nice to be socially relevant. Reika Tamaki is a very good source of inspiration in finding the sociability of a scenario endeavored. I don't think you can live thinking that all conversations are categorically wins or losses, however.

>>
>>9899065
War is about winning by not doing much. Conserving resources and converting your enemies without anyone dying. Even if people think they have won, there must be something to achieve; some ground to obtain or resource acquired.

>>
>>9899067
what do you want me to do send you a gift card

Your fortune: Reply hazy, try again
>>
>>9899073
It seems you agree with a lot I'm saying. Then I would only suggest that finding the eye of the storm is where you want to be. The most dangerous part of any social disagreement is the nexus of opinion, the nucleus of interpretation.

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck
>>
>>9899073
die

>>
>>9899089
It's just that, a conversation is a very deep and very sophisticated form of communication. Even in the Bible, conversations are predicated by their liturgy and hermeneutics, god talking to man, man to each other; the rite of speech is not one to be taken lightly.

So to win the hearts of others, the speaker must be very pronounced: that is the eye of the storm. There can be no confusion about his words, or his meaning.

>>
>>9899093
Sometimes it is hard to complete a deep thought so quickly, I'm glad you like it.

>>
>>9899102
I think it's important to remain attached to our ideals. Dreams are what give us sexual pleasure.

>>
>>9899108
So did you decide how you would respond if le s4s dating squad macked on your girl?

>>
>>9899120
I'm a very mean person. I don't give hints, and my clues are extremely minimal. I am like the tectonic plates of the earth, I reveal very little about my intentions, until suddenly, an earthquake!

I think your dream was very influential, no one has talked to me for this long in months.

>>
>>9899132
So how are you going to capitalize on this new horizon of pleasure?

>>
>>9899139
I tried to go to therapy once but the official only recommended me addresses which no longer existed. I think I can relate sometimes to needing a real connection, a small hello, or a faint goodbye. Just something tangible to hold in my hands.

>>
>>9899148
That's really scary! Not knowing when your next conversation will be, relying on meaningful moments you're never sure will transpire. I struggle with it every day.

>>
>>9899161
It's really scary, I cry myself to sleep often wondering when my next meaningful conversation will be.

>>
>>9899169
I don't have many friends so I can't relate to opinions about me. They change very frequently, and I never know if it's because I'm doing something or if the idea of political opinion is salient. It would be bad though, I think. Sometimes it can be a blessing, the ways you are vulnerable.

>>
>>9899005
Lee had some enjoyable moments, his naturalistic moments both rural and urban are beautifully rendered, some of his more personal divergences are gay but I can’t fault him for my taste, he doesn’t seem to be trying to do anything other than express

I gave Tina another chance. I tried to find at least something to like about it, so much of it reads like 2deep4u art hoe gibberish, like an AI wrote it, none of it seems genuine to me and I can’t agree that she is like Lee. Maybe somewhere in her oeuvre is something I’d like but I’ve clicked through quite a few now without success
>>
>>9899176
So it's the poet's disability if he can't find room for oscillation between technique and audience?

>>
>>9899178
I’m saying she’s a dime a dozen poseur who happened to wet the right willies for a reward, figuratively speaking
>>
>>9899181
Yes but that is the censure of all great hip-hop. You can't say, "arthoe2deep4u," is bad and then recollect your opinion to A Tribe Called Quest or whatever.

>>
>>9899185
I’m just saying that if all poetry was like Lee’s humanity could at least survive, if all poetry was like Tina’s civilization would exterminate itself. I have a preference in that regard, sue me
>>
>>9899187
You could make an argument that most interpretive arts are of a skilled vernacular but I don't think it is logical to say that a person's style is inductive to sophomore. You don't become stylish by trying to impress less people.

>>
>>9899180
If that's how you feel, then it should be easy for you to know where your dream will take you; especially since it occurred so recently.

Your fortune: Average Luck
>>
>>9899192
That's pretty romantic.

>>
>>9899189
this is less a condemnation of her stylistic execution, and more that her style is terrifyingly vacuous and moreso that it is rewarded and praised publicly. My reaction is a reflection of my greater anxieties about the state of artistry, critique, and the intellectual tastes of the audience, all of which give cause for dissatisfaction
>>
i fuck em ALL in the ass
>>
>>9899199
Those things are called style, font and flavor in other cirlces, you know. I don't think it's uncommon to feel lost in a world subsumed in distraction, but that's what art is: a distraction. Labeling styles and form of it as sophomore or immature is only going to elicit responses about where good art comes from: it begs the question. I don't think your dissatisfaction is trivial, I just think it's a lot sharper than the texts you're referring too, which again begs the question.

>>
>>9899221
that dude needs the bronk so badly, just help him get the bronk
>>
>>9899221
I only think it's unfair to celebrate style when it's convenient. Thanks, though.

>>
>>9899245
the bronk though, get him the bronk
>>
>>9899245
I've come to the point in my life where ruining someone else's life is very easy and I could have forgotten it was even my doing. So I try to be nice nowadays.

Your fortune: Average Luck
>>
>>9899257
I'm not a very moral person, I don't think of morality as important to my life. I have local amnesia and find it hard to hold grudges. So things like right and wrong, ethical conclusions and so on just force me to forget even more stuff.

>>
>>9899257
ay yo, bronk
>>
>>9899281
bronk, dude. bronk.
>>
>>9899281
Oh well that's good. I like to learn hand-on. Do you think people can get their hands dirty if they are frequently washing them?

>>
GET SEUSS THE BRONK
>>
>>9899312
I'm generally amoral, I think. Some people will disagree like my mom. But I don't think morality can be part of my decision making. I don't look for answers in between or find ways to get over, I just do what I'm told, I don't think about right and wrong beyond that.

>>
>>9899212
If they were not inhibited by competitors these “Other circles” would kill everyone if they could under the guise of “art”, art is not a distraction, it is an expression of the direction of consciousness, which presently is trending into the abyss, being softly killed by flatterers and malobservers who have adapted themselves to the degenerating tastes of the crowd, performing their murders naively or cloaking their intentions with sweet language. I’m not going to comment on the intent of Tina, since there is no way for me to know her character, but she is being instrumentalized as one of many tools bent toward, as you put it, distraction
>>
speaking of inhibited
seuss should probably get some bronkaid
>>
>>9899319
So you think art isn't a distraction, and that it's a validation of expression. Though you have to admit that since expression is something every human being has it's a kind of distraction. All expressions are conduits to other concepts like politics and science.

>>
seuss just please tell me you got the bronk
>>
>>9899325
art is the relationship between observer and observed, disrupt this and you disrupt consciousness, annihilate it in others while keeping it for yourself and you can do anything you want. of course the manipulation of this relationship has Political implications and can be gamed Scientifically with an understanding of human behavior (biology)
>>
really admire you guys for so steadfastly ignoring all of these posts about bronkaid
but honestly seuss does need it
>>
>>9899337
This is news to me, so you have to forgive me if I'm not absorbing all of this right way. But, art is NOT a distraction and the sensation of egg and dreamer is compartmentalized by external forces?

Your fortune: Bad Luck
>>
>>9899347
correct, art is the ongoing existential battleground of competing consciousnesses, the wrangling of wills, that art simply “happens” is an illusion, it is directed and pushed with an agenda, and part of that agenda now is to disrupt access to art, to distract and capture, to make incomprehensible to all but a tiny few what should be simple to everyone. It has been taken away
>>
>>9899353
no that is a renaissance

>>
you guys sound so fucking stupid it's insane
shut the fuck up
>>
>>9899362
I don’t think so, but a renaissance could free them. A Renaissance is needed
>>9899367
JOIN US
JOIN OUR RENAISSANCE
>>
>>9899382
I just don’t want it to be fake. Or, I hope it is at least as genuine as possible, with many manufacturers and not just a small group
>>
le penis

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.