[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 6pjHG.png (1.48 MB, 1079x1733)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
Science deemed inconsequential by educational aptitude experts
>>
Science section is a meme anyways
Redesign standardized tests so they correlate with IQ again
>>
>>16288994
>Science section is a meme anyways
sour grapes, classic coping mechanism
>>
>>16288977
The science section of the ACT was just interpreting graphs and coming to conclusions based on data. Unlike the rest of the test, I bet the results are 1 to 1 with IQ. No prizes for guessing why it's going away
>>
One of the main things an occupying force does to hinder their enemy is to limit their education. For example, the Nazis killed as much of the intelligentsia and archivists as they could in Poland, whilst limiting education to primary school only (and a 4th grade level at that).
>>
>>16288977
that was literally the only part that was based. now your college score is based entirely on math problems and how you interpret leftist short stories?
>>
>>16288977
It's interesting that it was science and not math becoming optional.
>>
>>16288977
Been years since I took it, but wasn't that one basically retard tier? It's just looking at graphs and making obvious observations
>>
>>16288977
Math is racist created by white supremacists
Science is optional
>>
>>16290228
The short stories are also created by white supremacists. It all needs to be done away with in favor of purely raced-base admissions by another name.
>>
>>16290247
Not race-based. Thats racism. We need to do it by personality. We grade people by their personality based upon their uhh names
>>
File: 1680404906220304jaxon.jpg (15 KB, 597x597)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>16290247
>purely raced-base admissions
what about preferences based on gender and sexuality? and what about physical and mental handicaps?
academia has been particularly bad about excluding people with mental handicaps
>>
>>16288977
This is part of the general push to get rid of standardized testing. Without these tests, the only metrics for college admission will be GPA and extra-curriculars. GPA is meaningless due to grade-inflation and inconsistency between schools. Evaluating based on extra-curriculars is super subjective and dependent on the resources of the school/family. If you are a normal white kid you'll get fucked while jews and niggers flood in.
>>
>>16288977
I took that shit and got a 36 on the science section without even reading a lot of the question prompts. Mostly just looked at the answers and noticed they were generally off-topic and made no sense except for one.
>>
>>16292993
Removing standardized graduate exams has been absolutely devastating to universities - they've been flooded with substandard grad students who end up dragging research and undergraduate classes they TA down

Just imagine what removing it for undergraduate degrees will do.
>>
I know people hate standardized tests since they can be so stressful, what if they just had more smaller ones like once a month or so and then average the results
>>
>>16292993
And that's a good thing!
>>
If I remember correctly, there wasn't even any science knowledge on it. It was all about reading graphs and charts.
>>
>>16292993
They want to remove objective standards. Then they can deny white males and let in all the niggers without getting sued since the white male will never be able to make an objective case.
>>
>>16293101
Having a black woman TA in a Chemistry class was one of my first awakenings to the nigger problem. We would all go to TA office hours to work on the homework together. She literally didn't know how to solve a single problem. We were basically teaching the class to her.
>>
>>16288977
>ACT scores drop for 6 years straight
>Make it easier
Yeah that's America, for sure
>>
>>16293101
>Just imagine what removing it for undergraduate degrees will do.
Equity.
>>
>>16293353
we had a jeet ta in my physics course last spring and trying to get any help from him was like every bad customer service experience i'd ever had rolled into one.
>>
>>16293357
They did the same thing for pilots' licenses a couple years ago, changed the test and lowered the standard for passing all in order to promote a political policy that is only going to reduce safety standards
>>
im still proud of my 28 on the ACT
>>
>>16294283
why should people who fly on private jets care about the safety standards of commercial cattle car aviation?
>>
>>16294283
>>16295617
You have never even needed a license for ultra lightweight aircraft.
>>
>>16290092
I would think it’s the other way around. Being able to do math quickly and analyze written language are hallmarks of high IQ. Aptitude in science is based in IQ but is also dependent on memorization of facts, which can be achieved by an average person given enough time.
>>
>>16288977
governments created education systems for indoctrination purposes not actuall education
us is just dropping the act with their indoctrination/demoralisation plants
>>
>>16294333
29. I did it to spite you and you alone. I hate you personally, and I hope it rains piss in your area. Promptly followed by a record breaking heat wave.
>>
>>16295682
you're low iq
>>
>>16294333
Nice, 31 here. Lowest was a 27 in science and 2 decades later I'm an unemployed alcoholic with 2 engineering degrees one financial downfall away from dying. I got a 36 in english and reading, those clearly indicate success in life.
>>
>>16296942
you sure do seem to like talking about yourself on social media
>>
File: coolface twum.jpg (106 KB, 717x717)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>16288977
Do you get extra points on your ACT score for looking like a scientist?
>>
>>16299901
yes
>>
>>16299901
You get extra points for taking three shots of espresso and two adderalls before the test. That's what 16 y.o. me did to get 98th percentile.
>>
>>16288977
>>16299901
Isn't the ACT the one where checking the "I'm not white" box gives you a higher score? Or was that the SAT?
>>
>>16298455
you sure do seem to like talking about talking about yourself on social media
>>
>>16296942
Are you me? Other than the alcoholic part, that's a pretty good description of my life, including the engineering degrees and being on the edge of destitution. Guess this place self-selects pretty well.
>>
>>16288977
Long Live Mrs.Jesus
>>
am i the only one who got 1300/1600 on the SAT and still couldnt get into college because i never did any homework literally.
>>
>>16288994
They already do, I don't know how much the SAT changed since I last took it in 2013, but I remember reading at the time that there was a pretty tight correlation between it and IQ, something around 0.8.
>>
>>16301268
>98th percentile
upper midwit
>>
>>16303716
>upper midwit
buzzword
>>
>>16303714
It’s because at least in 2011 for me, if you were a person with the ability to take tests and think critically, 1300 was the minimum you could score unless you were fucking around
The questions were all worded in a way that with a basic level of logic you could sus out the answer just from the question

If you end up with “low” SAT scores to the point where someone tells you “yeesh you should buy some study books” you’re probably stupid and would better serve society killing third-worlders in the military or being turned into fertilizer
>>
>>16303701
I fucking blew off my homework more than I should have, but I still managed to get into a decent school.
What where you doing?
>>
>>16288977
ACT exams are fucking retarded anyways why do amerimutts do this shit?
>>
>>16288994
this

any nepo baby with Jew money can ace these tests

the only thing these tests correlate with is how rich you are
>>
>>16290082
tsmt
>>
>>16303701
No I got a 28 ACT and 1300 something SAT but had a 1.8 GPA and was expelled my senior year. I didn’t go to college. I went into sales eventually.
>>
>>16305272
congratulations on not wasting 4 years of your life at college
>>
>>16305272
>i had shit standardized test scores AND i had a shit GPA

ftfy
>>
>>16303701
1600 SAT and i had a 2.5 GPA w mainly AP courses. almost didn't graduate because i failed and had to retake a couple required courses. still got into a bunch of colleges with decent scholarships and right now am doing a math phd at a school you respect
>>
File: 07182022_part01_09.jpg (120 KB, 1200x628)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>16291254
>academia has been particularly bad about excluding people with mental handicaps
lots of downies get college degrees these days, they get phds too
>>
File: carl-sagan.jpg (65 KB, 1200x1200)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>16290226
Something normies still struggle with.

Let's face it, scientific literacy amongst the public is non-existent. Science sections in standardized tests would force some people to learn basic interpretation of data. What this move is saying is that science should be left only to those who choose to study it (experts). What the experts don't realize is that if the public can't understand science, they won't value it and their funding won't be protected, something which Carl Sagan understood very well. America today values soft skills over hard skills and this will continue to be true for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: sagan.jpg (42 KB, 1000x525)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
>>16309402
>and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues;
lol this dumb cuck thinks voting is real
>>
>>16306737
thats cool but unfortunately i dont respect math phd's
>>
>>16303714
The SAT was switched to being primarily knowledge based in 1994. Before then, a significant portion of it was analytical. Test takers with high IQs likely are tightly correlated with those having acquired better than average amounts of knowledge so even if it's not testing intelligence directly, it still manages to have some predictive ability. Since people of lower intelligence can prep through cramming with the set of likely knowledge required for a high score and highly intelligent people can come from backgrounds that limit their access to knowledge of the type on the test, more outliers likely exist than on the pre-1994 SAT.
>>
File: 1722930255666714.jpg (51 KB, 646x679)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>
>>16288977

Route memorization of terminology and cookie cutter processes isn't impressive, that is probably why unis don't care that much. Math is more competitive, hence it is the topic used to weed brainlets out.
>>
>>16288977
Because science is more objective and it isn't as easy to use it to indoctrinate youth into obedience in the same way humanities, arts, history, etc. are.

That's just the simple truth of it most likely.
>>
>>16293101
Do they care though? Universities are making record breaking profits. From a business perspective, getting rid of those barriers means you get more potential customers.

>>16293520
>>16293353
My entire senior year of college was nothing but jeets and nigger GAs teaching. I don't think the professors showed up more than five times the entire two semesters. The jeets were actually the worst because they would get problems wrong that they were showing us and the class would correct them and they would always get butthurt. The nigerians are exactly what you would expect. They were 90IQ diversity quotas that were below the undergrads in comprehension.

If you want to have a good chuckle, go to the student doctor forums. They have to be extremely passive aggressive because they got a bunch of cucked mods and it's reddit lite now, but they make it a point to tell everyone how it's completely fair for blacks to score 50% lower than whites on the MCAT and still get accepted because IQ is culturally relative.
>>
>>16288994
Just have it be analogies and ONLY analogies.
>>
>>16312998
>your degree had TAs teaching past first-year courses
>can't understand why his field is overrun by chimpkind
i've never stopped reading a post faster.
>>
File: 1723169889212.jpg (89 KB, 720x720)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>16288977
>>
>>16288994
>IQ
Doesn't exist. You're a moron.
>>
>>16309402
Shithead quasi-commie kumbaya pukes like Sagan are directly responsible for the declining standards and the sad idiocracy western civilization is rapidly plunging towards. I remember reading one of his retarded books where he talked about how smoking weed and taking a shower made him have an amazing epiphany about how race doesn't real cuz like... feelings man.
>>
>>16294333
>>16295883
>>16296942
After scoring a 1460/1600 (780 math) on the SAT, I was scheduled to take the ACT a month later on a Saturday but overslept and said fuck it. Banged out a 1470 on the GRE before physics grad school (790 math, tfw no 800, pathetic). Suck it you ACT fags.
>>
>>16288977
The science section was the only section I was good at. I swear I never learned the punctuation rules the english section expected me to know.
>>
>>16288977
They want less useless paycheck collecting researchers at unis.
>>
>>16303373
i did the ACT and dont recall having to tell them my race, so it must be the SAT
>>
>>16288977
ban exam prep if you want them to be taken seriously, all people do is learn how to ace the exam after school with test taking strategies instead of learning the material
>>
>>16313033
That would actually be kinda fun. Proposal approved.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.