[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/t/ - Torrents

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: tordl.gif (1.88 MB, 732x495)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB GIF
Hello,

I've created this command line utility for quick and easy torrent search. It has UI (curses) or API mode, it searches 7 popular search engines in parallel by default and can run your torrent client with fetched magnet link. It's also very easy to extend search by more torrent search engines. Check it out: https://github.com/X0R0X/cli-torrent-dl
>>
>>1032833
Fuckin sick.
>>
>>1032957
Installation is kinda complicated for a non-tech savvy person. If you could make an installer that would be very usefull.
>>
>>1032958
The process is pretty much cut and paste as long as you have python installed. It's just making a virtual environment first.
>>
OK, ill make a win32 binary release for you. It gonna be quite large tho (around 30 - 40MB), because it gonna have the whole python runtime inside
>>
>>1033052
no problem
>>
>>1032833
When searching multiple sites does it combine torrents that have the same content?

Eg: If torrent X from KickAssTorrents and Y from Zoogle are the same torrent/magnet link, will it show as a single torrent in your CLI with seeds/leechers combined?
>>
>>1033113
Hi.
Thanks for suggestion!
The thing is, it doesn't make much sense to combine (sum) seed / leech numbers, because public torrent search engines usually obtain seed/leech information from DHT (as far as I know), so summing up the numbers wouldn't lead to real numbers at all. On the other hand, it would make sense to compare magnet links and display the torrent only once. What do you think ?
>>
>>1033108
I'am sorry, I've tried to run this in VirtualBox on Windows 10 and it seems the ncurses behave in the different manner than in *UX shells :( I might check the problem in (near) future if I'll have time, but currently this is only for Linux and MacOS. sorry :(
>>
>>1033142
>it doesn't make much sense to combine (sum) seed / leech numbers, because public torrent search engines usually obtain seed/leech information from DHT (as far as I know), so summing up the numbers wouldn't lead to real numbers at all.

Ah yeah that makes sense. I wasn't thinking about DHT.

>On the other hand, it would make sense to compare magnet links and display the torrent only once. What do you think ?

Yeah that'd be sufficient. Could maybe make the Source column a list and show all the places that specific torrent was found
>>
>>1033146
Yea, that came up to my mind as well. Will do :)
>>
Based and redpilled
>>
Interesting but I dunno if I dare install it.
Which engines does it search?
>>
>>1033232
You can check the source code, it doesn't do anything nefarious :) By default, it searches GloTorrents, 1337x.to, thepiratebay, limetorrents, solidtorrents, kickasstorrents and zooqle.
>>
Good beginning but it should haved GUI like BitChe had. Also missing Offlinebay nowadays.
>>
>>1033421
>BitChe

Nope. This is a CLI utility - no clicking, thank you.
>>
>>1033146
Check the git repo, feature implemented.
>>
File: 1617415874595.jpg (46 KB, 750x1086)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1033445
>>
very nice. thanks
>>
>>1032833
if qbittorrent didn't have this built in I might have even downloaded it
>>
File: hehe.png (243 KB, 500x281)
243 KB
243 KB PNG
>>1032833
Giga-based I this is awesome
>>
I really like this. Easily the single most useful thing I've seen in a long while from 4chan. Going to keep this in my back pocket
>>
File: lame.gif (41 KB, 480x480)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>1032833
>no BTdigg nor FileListing nor itorrents nor BTcache nor downloadtorrentfile
>>
>>1034018
I tend to freely translate this to a "Feature Request", so:

1) btdigg.com - cloudflare protected. Which, if You are lame and don't have idea what that means, means that it requires user to demnonstrate he is indeed a human being (solve captcha). Not easily crawlable by robots and captcha circumvention is way beyond the scope of this utility - and even if it wasn't, it would never achieve 100% success rate.

2) filelisting.com - Thank's for suggestion, will implement.

3) btcache.me - First sentence on the website "You can not search or list torrent files that are stored here, you can only access them if you already know the info_hash value of the torrent you want to download.". So, no, cannot be implemented.

4) downloadtorrentfile.com - Same as point 3.

So, 1/4 thanks for a suggestion, 3/4 thanks for being lame.
>>
>>1034005

>>
File: SEAT.jpg (261 KB, 635x952)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>1034020
>thanks for being lame
You're welcome
>thanks for a suggestion
Make sure you have some kind of a blocklist like BTdigg has, otherwise pic related...
>>
>>1034024
Also while yer here, Chinks:
>btdb.eu + bt4g.org + skytorrents.org (maybe)
Russkies:
>torlook.info + bitvin.org
>>
>>1034025
Btw it's easy to write your own "plugins", check the 'tordl/engines.py' file ^^.
Pull requests welcomed OFC!

btdb.eu - no seed /leech info :( Is it just temporary (no update from DHT) or ?

bt4g.org - currently takes ages to load :( But can do.

skytorrents.org - cloudflare :(

torlook.info - cool, will do.

https://bitvin.org/ - cool as well.

thx for suggestion, will do when ill have a bit of time. (soon)
>>
File: pathetic.jpg (69 KB, 500x307)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1032833
curses (not cli) app launches a gui torrent client
>>
>>1034165
That's default. You can change the torrent client app by editing config (~/.config/torrentdl/config.json) 'torrent_client_cmd' field.
>>
>>1034032
Update:

btdb.eu: no seed / leech info
bt4g.org: JS protected, CBA
torlook.info: JS protected, CBA
https://bitvin.org: paid o.O
>>
File: mother-fuck.jpg (79 KB, 400x400)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>1034316
>paid
Last time I used the bugger it was a fully free exploit bypasser >:(
>>
>>1034614
Well, shit happens, definetly in mother Russia (and anywhere else, actually). Anyways, if you come up with some other BT search erngines, i'd like to hear about em. I'am actually thinking about implementing DHT search as well, but it gonna take some time. (pirate) cheers!
>>
>>1032833
You might to change the example command from Star Wars to something else anon. That could be grounds to get your repo removed.
>>
>>1035372
True. thanks. done.
>>
seems like really cool project, couldn't get it to work on popos though unfortunately. after installing it said "command not found" when trying to use tordl. also checked my torrentdl config folder and there was no config.json
either way, have a bump
>>
>>1037272
Heya. Iam sorry, but the shell scripts are totally broken... waiting for the author to fix it. You can do this:
1) install pip, virtualenv and python3.8/3.9 if You dont have it
2) virtualenv -p python3.8 .venv (or python, if it's 3.8+)
3) . .venv/bin/activate
4) pip3 install -r requirements.txt
5) python3 tordl.py
>>
>>1037272
Try it now, shell scripts should be fixed. You only need python3.8 (+) installed.
>>
File: ISS-38_EVA-1_Laptops.jpg (1.74 MB, 4288x2848)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>1037699
thanks for the reply :) it's working as intended. will now recomend this program to other friends.
>>
>>1037812
Good news then :) And thanks. Now it also has RPC Server (and client) and we are planning to implement web UI as well.
>>
>>1033445
OK. We are planning to implement web UI.
>>
>>1037912
can confirm for other macfags that it works ootb on mac.
do all bt clients use the same api for rpc? i use transmission and just adapted a script that uses curl to interact with transmission-remote and call that to add torrents on my seedbox
>>
>>1038075
Thanks for valuable info, that's a good news ! The JSON RPC is the usual "jsonrpc 2.0", the search and result is custom. And OFC it should be documented in README.md , sorry... will do. Soon. (now). u can run the server with tordl -s -p (-p for pretty printed json). Then on the other side run (to see the data format) rpc client: tordl -q . Also, in the rpc server mode it's useful to use -m argument to automatically fetch all magnet links. (Not all torrent search engines provide magnet links in the search result - for example 1337x). And if You wanna see the RPC client implementation itself, see tordl/rpc.py#JsonRpcClient class. And for parsing json from command line, You can use a tool such as jq. Hope this helps, cheers!
>>
>>1038075
Oh, and one more thing: You don't need to run via JSON RPC Server at all if you are ok with command line only - just use -a or --api and the same json will be printed directly to stdout :)
>>
>>1038151
i mostly wanted to use the tui that you wrote, which is pretty sweet. you mentioned that 1337x doesn't include magnet links in its search results, are you doing some parsing to get those magnet links? if i launch the curses interface and do a search and select a result from 1337x, it still uses a magnet link
>>
>>1032833
Sorry I'm dumb how do I install this. I downloaded the zip file and converted it but now what?
>>
>>1038940
if you're using linux, then just run setup.sh. if you're using winblows, then install linux, then run setup.sh
>>
Any way this could be set up on WSL? Running the script ends up with an error message.
>>
bump
>>
>>1032833
thanks guy
>>
why not just add a utility to add a search engine to it? also, sorry for being retarded but i am not a holy gentoovian but a humble mint chewer, this seems useful as hell but there are many like me who will be unable to use it without a gui, I know we're gay faggots who belong on plebbit, but i promise I will leave forever if you just make a basic gui that I can double click, and click things instead of typing them
>>
>>1042061
>I know we're gay faggots who belong on plebbit

yes
>>
>>1042148
you have the power to make me leave forever in the palm of your hands anon
>>
Well done
>>
>>1033446
Nice work man
>>
>>1042061
How the fuck are you using a GNUtism OS of any kind yet you don't know how to fucking type? kek
>>
File: pkg-resources error.png (9 KB, 956x40)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
uh anon?
>>
>>1044556
got the same error, removing the line
>pkg-resources==0.0.0
fixed it for me
>>
>>1032833
Somebody tried to use this tool over docker ?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.