[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/t/ - Torrents

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

there are a number of single profiles on piratebay which upload a stupdenous number of torrents.
My questions are:
Are they really a single person? Are the torrents all OC? Is it actually something like the Russian government mass torrenting? Are they doing this because perhaps they are imbedding bitcoin miners in EXEs (harmless exercise if it only runs with the EXE and isn't over the top resource consuming tbqh)
I'm just curious about it
>>
>>1140178
I'm sure a large number of them are groups who do releases of tv shows, movies, software etc.

You really killed a thread for this? :V
>>
>>1140181
It was just a cringe thread for 'Piracy position' wallpapers. This is a good question I think.
>>
>>1140178
>Are they really a single person?
If you consider bots to be a person, sure.
>Are the torrents all OC?
No, mostly reposts
>Is it actually something like the Russian government mass torrenting?
lol no
>Are they doing this because perhaps they are imbedding bitcoin miners in EXEs (harmless exercise if it only runs with the EXE and isn't over the top resource consuming tbqh)
Depends on the bot, some do, some just repost from other sites.
>>
>>1140178
Bitcoin miners, I think, can be checked with an antivirus scan. BEFORE running the executable. I myself scan whatever I download, manually, as a security measure. Scanning the entirety of the folder. In case the malware is hidden in the data, and then embedded into the programme
>>
>>1143426
I'm assuming you're not talking about windows defender. Which antivirus scanner do you use?
>>
>>1140181
>You really killed a thread for this? :V
if the thread was good it wouldn't have died in the first place. natural selection.
>>
>>1143426
This is not how malware works. Most of the malware campaigns out there are not detectable by simple anti-virus scans, you instead need to analyze the malware during runtime, which is what most real-time protection based antiviruses do.

Also, if there's malware hidden in the data, it's not going to be detected by a scan without executing the malware first, as most likely the malicious payload is stored encrypted inside that data then decrypted and executed at runtime.

>>1146021
Windows Defender is a great antivirus for detecting malware before it infects your computer, however if it misses something or something is already running on the system, I have found it to be terrible. However, when properly hardened, in my tests it blocked 100% of brand new malware samples.

Here's a good guide on hardening defender: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-harden-windows-defender-tom-murphy
>>
Holy shit what a retarded series of questions to make a thread for

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.