[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Fleshwound Edition

Here is a thread to discuss trading card games other than the big three.
>Build Divide
>Force of Will
>Final Fantasy TCG
>DBZ CCG
>Wixoss
>Keyforge
>Gundam
>Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
>Digimon
>Flesh and Blood
>Gate Ruler
>Battle Spirits
>Ashes
>One Piece
>The other DBZ game
>Sorcery
>Doomtown
>Magi Nation
>Warlord
etc.

Post about card games you've played and help other anons get to know your games!

>Wixoss Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/LC8SpttH

>Force of Will Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF

>Dragonball GT Shadow Dragon saga rulebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp

>Gate Ruler Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/nbcZP0nB

>Build Divide Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/1cQT2pkz

>Flesh and Blood Pastebin
https://rentry.org/oypcs

>Ashes Reborn Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/2jr0EG9S

>Netrunner Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/g3yQAQ7w

>Fusion World Rules
https://www.dbs-cardgame.com/fw/pdf/rules/fw_OfficialRule_Manual_en_v1.00_2.pdf

Play with /acg/ through voice chat! No text chat so coordinate in thread to get some games in.
https://discord.gg/rCQFKcGcEP

>Last Thread
>>92999283

>Thread Question:
Are they expansions or releases you remember particularly fondly? They got you into the game, or the limited was great, or you built a memorable deck with those cards?
>>
>FaB TQ is IESLB
kek
>>
>>93025747
>Not calling it a Nuu thread
you had one job
>>
I don’t think she stacks up to Bang but what does?
Without the color locks and very little type support I can’t see her getting much use outside of Midoriko decks very desperate for green. Might be a massive pain in prerelease though.
>>
So how um how is 2024 Wixoss exactly?
>>
>>93023135
I want to like Soulforge Fusion, but something about it just feels off to me somehow. I think I'll stick with Keyforge for now.
>>
File: ZX Cthulu set.png (964 KB, 516x706)
964 KB
964 KB PNG
Can you still get a free starter deck from ZX? Going next month. Favorite one catfag?
>>
>>93026062
Top left, of course! :3
>>
File: Good End Yuzu.png (1.39 MB, 750x1047)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>93025971
Based, as usual. Mandatory beach episode set drops soon(tm).
>>
File: Spoiler Image (72 KB, 520x518)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>
>>93025971
Great. The current set is a pretty good entry point. There's a new 'block' that is pretty self contained so you don't have to go chasing old cards. The next few sets are pretty hype too.
>>
>>93026426
Ayo can the janny delete this please.
Why is this allowed here???
>>
>>93026062
Oooh, top right looks really cute!
>>
>>93026768
Kys
>>
File: 10060.jpg (546 KB, 500x700)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
>>
File: Jihl.jpg (259 KB, 429x600)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>
>>93025931
pieces are colorless right? are lrig technically color?
>>
>>93025971
GP Flordia was fun apparently even if they dropped the ball with prizing and had to mail it. GP Vegas is in July. Top 2 get to go to Japan to play. Current and next set are amazing for new players.
>>
>>93027254
colorless pieces are colorless, yes
LRIGs have color
>>
>>93027069
Fftcg is the most soulless tcg I've seen. More so than even dragon ball and Weiss.
It seems to have a healthy community though.
>>
File: 8-039C_eg.jpg (92 KB, 429x600)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>93027345
>more than Weiss
It's really not.
>>
I always wonder where people play all these games. The only acgs I've seen people play are FFG, Bandai, and for some reason Vanguard was big at one store. And even that's casting a wide net because some ffg/bandai games just didn't land here.
>>
File: average acg poster.png (68 KB, 300x420)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>93027450
It's simple. They don't.
The people posting here are paid shill crisis actors running a nefarious pyramid investor scheme in plain sight!
>>
>>93027450
I play at my LGS in one of the largest cities in the world.
>>
>>93027536
False
>>
>>93027536
Yeah, it might just be exclusively really big areas. I live in a top 30 metro, which isn't nothing (especially since everything after the top 10 are basically the same size anyways), but I'm sure there's scenes in places like Houston or Chicago for stuff that's unheard of here.
>>
Fusion World ban list on June 20th if anybody still cares
>>
>>93027450
>games fully supported and available by distributors are easy to spot being played irl
>games with almost no distribution or dead or close to are not that common to see being played

Nah, anon, it is all a big pyramid scheme from those small companies.
>>
>>93027683
hopefully they list the entire cardpool
>>
>>93027536
I live in the most populated county in my state and I've never seen a single soul playing FaB in 5+ LGS. It's a shame too since I actually like the game
>>
>>93027987
It’s annoying, I live near 3 lgs and they’re all pretty boring and don’t have much more than Magic, but an hour away there are 2 that run all sorts of acgs. You can easily be stuck in a dead zone.
>>
>>93027254
>technically
Literally
>>
>>93027987
it truly depends on your shop owner. im lucky to live where there are 15 some table top shops in a hour radius. some are mtg only, some yugioh / vanguard only, some minis only, about half do bandai games, all the mtg only ones now also do lorcana, about 3 do FoW and Wixoss because the shop owners like the games.
Really want the LGS to do a /acg/? get the shop owner into it.
>>
They just announced a Japanese version of Heavy Hitters releasing next month due to the great reception of Part the Mistveil world premiere in Tokyo. Which other tcg does a rerelease of an older set in a different language? LOVEFAB
>>
>>93027450
private gatherings, organized events, conventions, and online.
other than Big 3 and whatever the hot new thing is this month, you're not going to really see them if you don't go looking.

for instance, I could play netrunner in person 3 or 4 nights a week without ever driving more than 45 minutes. but if all I ever did was pop in to the LGS randomly I'd never even know that game existed.
>>
>>93028596
Based japs saving TCGs yet again.
>>
>>93028596
They should've done outsiders, the Japanese would really dig that set.
>>
File: GPN3ExJbwAAFee9.jpg (2.68 MB, 2894x4093)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>
>flesh and blood
>advertised as MTG alternative
>automatic rotation mechanic to regulate power creep
>all cards can be used as "mana" so no mana screw
>no pay-to-win
Reality:
>a good deck still costs like 600 dollars
>weeb shit added in
>steampunk shit added in
>cyberpunk shit added in
>90 percent of the cards are useless trash
>this applies to 95 pervent of the Generic cards
>Except for 10ish meta cards that are must-runs and take up slots in your deck because every fuckin deck runs them and just degrade deck diversity.
>>
>>93027683
the 20th? but im going to the regionals on the 16th. so that means its a topku tournament and those who get to go to the next one will get to play a better game? great. source?
>>
>>93028739
What the fuck? Bros... is this true?
I think I'm going to.... f-fuck fab!
>>
>>93028739
>>advertised as MTG alternative
Where?
>>no pay-to-win
Who ever said that? It's a TCG, they are p2w by design.
>weeb shit added in
>steampunk shit added in
>cyberpunk shit added in
These are such non-arguments lmao
The schizo headcannon is getting wild.
>>
>>93028596
>Which other tcg does a rerelease of an older set in a different language?
Games like Digimon and Wixoss just kind of exist in the past where English is concerned. Magic also did Renaissance sets for other languages way back when. I think pokemon did the opposite and skipped at least one early set.

Now I’m in delusion mode, but getting early Z/X sets or getting Myth and Legends in English would be cool.
>>
>kmc perfect hard inner sleeves
>ultimate guard katana sleeves
miss me with that dragon shield shit
>>
>>93026331
Wish cross came back.
>>
File: IMG_20240610_115509.jpg (376 KB, 1241x1755)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>93028742
It won't let me link the English announcement from Facebook but this is the JP announcement on Twitter
https://x.com/dbfw_cardgameJP/status/1800121995700621464?t=ueYMfTajQzotE0-lzOS37A&s=19
>>
>Ultraman tcg releasing "this summer"
>it's june
>still zero information about the game or how to play
>>
>>93027376
>A mixture of serif and sans serif font, in the same sentence no less
>Generic sci-fi font for the power value
>Separate differently designed frames for each attribute
>Lumping in the artist credits with the copyright information and giving it a glowing drop shadow making it an ugly blob
>Subject of the card occupying only 40% of the card
>Half of the subject is obscured behind the card text and mana symbol
Yeah I'm thinking it's soulless
>>
>>93028893
For me? It's KMC hypermattes
>>
>>93028996
For me it's the steam.
>>
>>93028834
>>93028787
Yeah it doesn't really matter when they added that shit because it's garbage. We have enough weeb card games and steampunk should be kept in MTG where it belongs.
>dude a medieval warrior somehow defeats a cyberpunk chick with a laser pistol
Absolutely retarded.
>>
i don't know about all that, but steampunk makes me physically ill. something about the rusty colors makes me sick, and the fat cosplayers with 5 pairs of goggles on don't help at all
>>
>>93029053
holy BASED
fabgots will never recover from this
>>
For me, I just dislike kitchen-sink settings.
>>
Does Wixoss take place on a fantasy planet?
>>
>>93029053
>wizards losing to martials
>pistol losing to a literal wrench
>the most highly armored richboy losing to a naked 1 armed ape
>women being put in their place by 40 fucking tigers
Yeah Im thinking its based actually
>>
*our* fighter
>>
>>
>>93029213
It's on Earth but Diva/current WIXOSS has a VR world element where the characters battle and the story takes place there.
>>
>>93029373
I can imagine people doing really good with this guy until they get to play against automatic damage guys or dmg that can not be defended by a roll.
Pretty cool nonetheless, shame my lgs stopped supporting the game before native americans/pirates/colonizers factions were a thing (or they bought too little and when I came looking for it they were all gone).
>>
>>93029469
>colonizers faction
EWW
that's a heckin yikeserino from me my guy
>>
>>93028965
>A mixture of serif and sans serif font, in the same sentence no less
Yes, for setting apart important keywords
>Generic sci-fi font for the power value
Is that really what it looks like to you or are you just looking for shit to bitch about?
>Separate differently designed frames for each attribute
This is a good thing.
>Lumping in the artist credits with the copyright information
This is also a good thing. All non-essential information for playing the game should be shoved off in a separate location together
>and giving it a glowing drop shadow making it an ugly blob
I will give you this though. Copyright and artist info should take up as little space and attention as possible. It should be a smaller font size and shoved deeper into the corner.
>Subject of the card occupying only 40% of the card
Not inherently a bad thing. The text box is translucent so that you can still see the art anyway. If it were up to me, the text box would be moved down a little bit and the strip with the power stat would be made smaller.
>Half of the subject is obscured behind the card text and mana symbol
Again, this is fine because it's see-through and could be made better with a minimal fix, but is still fine. Weiss looks far more gaudy, distasteful, and jarring.
>>
>>93029488
Get mad
>>
>>93029488
History doesn’t care about peoples’ feelings
>>
File: 20240610_121908.jpg (2.49 MB, 3264x2448)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
More kitties. Loronerol a cute. Hope you're all having a lovely day.
>>
People asking for R/P Law to be banned.
Wtf is up with this community
>>
>>93028739
>>weeb shit added in
>>steampunk shit added in
>>cyberpunk shit added in
But what's wrong with this?
What are you, fucking 50 years old?
>>
>>93027683
It was expected. I don't see why anyone should waste time on this game when they've already fucked things up. Black hasn't even arrived.
Unless you love Goku so much
>>
>>93027345
Souless in what sense.
I was going to get into it since locals near me does events on Saturday

Can someone tell me how good the gane is?
>>
>>93029572
Too much removal is cancer. People want to play the game and knowing literally anything you play is going to be removed the next turn is not fun. Maybe the leader itself shouldn't be banned but at the very least promo Gordon should be. The fact that the deck gets to run 8 of the same card that enables its degeneracy is so stupid.
>>
>>93029686
>>93029572
Also there was some Asian tournament where 11/16 top decks were RP Law
>>
File: SWH02_105_Spark_of_Hope.png (762 KB, 716x1000)
762 KB
762 KB PNG
>>93029291
And hero closes the gap on ramp.
>>
>>93029706
>RTH because nobody cared
kek
>>
File: IMG_8313.jpg (432 KB, 1536x2048)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>93029213
wixoss takes place in telepathic dream-state between 2 emotional girls tapping into a energy plane they use to mind rape each other formed by the ghost from Exorcism to trap normalfags in unending suffering that the ghost demon girl unknowingly is channeling from Erdrich horrors that are also sexy lolis (one has nipple rings holding up her clothing).
Hope this helps.
>>
>>93029213
>>93029756
*tlrl on earth and infected/spread take place when the actual game did so 2014ish in Tokyo.
As >>93029456 said the diva lore is some gatcha phone game tier vtuber thing and pretty much its own unrelated thing to the original lore.
>>
With One Piece I've noticed they've started introducing protection effects so cards that say they can't be removed via effects
>>
>>93029787
ok
>>
>>93029089
Yes. Generic fantasy is fine, but catchall kitchen sink settings end up repulsive.

>>93029275
>muh martials
Never mind, you have terminal brain rot anyway.
>>
>Friend who kinda lives a little far away told me to play One Piece
>Bought a deck and signed up for the online regional a couple weeks ago
>Got really busy and forgot
>Regional is this weekend, I literally havent played a single game, and I still need a webcam
Uh damn I fucked up. Think I might just skip this one.
>>
>>93029649
I like it. Every card in your hand can be discarded to pay for costs, but you also have dedicated cards called Backups who work like MtG Lands. They generate less mana than discarding does and you draw 2 cards per turn, meaning you're expected to use a combination of the two to play your cards. The game also has something called Parties that lets you group your weaker cards together so they can defeat bigger creatures.
>>
>>93029889
Are there counter spells or things you can do on the opponents turn?

How cheap is the game as well?
>>
>>93029706
Did they not have as much ramp before?
>>
>>93029905
>Are there counter spells or things you can do on the opponents turn?
There's a card type called Summons that you can play on either player's turn and most abilities of cards on the field can be used in the same way.
>How cheap is the game as well?
They recently reprinted a bunch of staples, so it's fairly cheap at the moment. Alt art stuff can get pricey (fucking Cloud).
>>
>>93029972
villain had better access ramp in set 1
>>
>>93029873
You can use your phone as a webcam. You just need one of those snake holder things.
>>
>>93030036
I hadn't considered that. Gotta be tricky balancing a phone on one of these, though.
>>
>>93028678
Okay but then how did you find your netrunner group
>>
>>93030391
Craigslist
>>
>>93030391
discords, facebook, reddits, hitting up various groups, meeting people at cons and exchanging numbers. just generally talking to people and being part of the community.
>>
>>93029775
I mean the actual card lore not anime
>>
>>93030538
the card lore is the anime lore. "signi" (the creatures) are "signatures" - memories from when the LRIG were human. Thats why they are all objects or places etc. The cards only exist in the psychic world.
>>
>>93030538
Short answer is Earth. Fights take place in the late night animu secret magic battles dimension.

Game lore is an ouroboros of not giving a fuck. Some of cards reference the anime, but some of the cards also exist in the anime as a product for those characters to buy and have nothing to do with the magical bullshit outside meta connections, and the cards are advertised irl with the same language as anime-specific terms. Sometimes card-only characters interact with characters from the anime/manga, continuities cross over and canon is treated with a Who Cares attitude.
>>
>>93029524
>for setting apart important keywords
Bro, your card's keywords has inconsistent capitalization. If it's so important why don't they seem to give a shit about the presentation.
>dull and Freeze
Lmao, it looks jank as fuck.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of it. Fftcg has many fans so it must be doing something right. But god damn does the card layout look like it was designed by someone with 1 week experience in Photoshop
>>
>>93029649
Soulless in the sense that it's a screenshot tcg. Majority of cards are made using existing art assets square enix has laying around. With no regard if anything fits so it looks like a mess with 3d models, concept art, game box art, Amani's art, chibis, sprites etc all in one incoherent mess.
And the card layout has the nu-enix minimalist but not really look.

No idea about gameplay so I won't comment on that. I will say it seems like it has a strong community so it has to be doing something right
>>
>>93030848
imagine if it was all original art by amano. i would play that shit so fast and my pants would be cummed the whole time
>>
>>93026891
Uoooooohhhhhhhhh
>>
>>93029706
>we're the chemical reaction that will create the spark that will light the match that will combust the fuel that will fire the First Order
>>
File: 21-116H_eg_FL.jpg (312 KB, 429x600)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>93030782
"Dull" is the game's version of "tap." It's not capitalized for the same reason that "hand" and "field" aren't.
"Freeze" is the actual keyword, meaning that the card won't become active next turn.
It's done that way for a reason, though it may look funny.
>>93030848
When they do use original art it tends to be pretty sweet.
>>
File: 1708086639961331.jpg (649 KB, 992x1386)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
>>93031027
LOL SIKE
>>
>>93031039
HIGHLY based Jack poster
>>
File: 22-012C_eg.jpg (362 KB, 429x600)
362 KB
362 KB JPG
I think this thing's a cat but I'm not sure
>>
I wanna fuck Build Divide kid
>>
>>93031039
Well done schizo
>>
>FW starters restocked near me
is there any reason to play it over masters, other than "it's more popular"?
>>
File: Law.png (896 KB, 548x785)
896 KB
896 KB PNG
>>93029572
Would you call it a SHAMBLES?
>>
>>93031194
Game is boring as shit so no.
>>
dubs decides if i get a PtM box, if this post is dubs then i don't buy it
>>
>>93031557
Don't support a bad game. Play Wixoss instead
>>
>>93031557
Get it. Don't be a bitch.
>>
>>93031728
>don't support a bad game
>shills wixoss
Play one piece
>>
>>93031778
>don't support a bad game
>shills bandai slop #132
kek
>>
>>93031766
Winrar
>>
>everybody talking ashes shit last thread
>new ex pack appears in the mail today
I'd completely forgot this was even coming. groovy.
>>
Blue/villain legendary, Snoke.

Seems a bit too low-impact for an 8 cost unit in most cases, but maybe if set 2's meta is more midrange dominated or if you can cheat him out with Palpatine's Return for 6.
>>
>>93031972
i have a funko pop of this guy. anyone want to see the jar? it's coming along nicely
>>
>>93031948
Nice!
>>93031972
Do you start at 0/1 resources in this game?
>>
>>93032477
>Do you start at 0/1 resources in this game?
You start at 2 actually
>>
>>93032561
Okay, thanks. Didn’t know if that was a turn 8 card or more a turn 5/6 one, crap or not.
>>
>>93029572
you don't play the game
>>
File: 094.png (924 KB, 716x1000)
924 KB
924 KB PNG
>>93032685
Yeah, this would be the main way to play him I think.
>>
12 1st place
8 2nd place
2 3rd place
2 4th place
1 top 16
25/85 tournaments
Can't wait to see rp law in the banlist. What a fucking tumor.
>>
If you are poor. you will never enjoy FAB to full potential.
>>
>>93032994
The same could be said with most card games.
>>
>>93030981
>"Dull" is the game's version of "tap." It's not capitalized for the same reason that "hand" and "field" aren't.
Yeah I figured. I checked the rules just to make sure I knew what I was talking about. Then that begs the question of why only "dull" is of a different font but not field, hand, etc. You could then say cause only "dull" is a keyword action while freeze is a keyword ability but point is, it looks stupid.
>>
What TCGs you are playing that you draw the full hand every turn and how it plays differently from TCG that you draw one card per turn?

For example, aggressive deck often runs out of card as the game progress because you play more than you draw.
>>
>>93033246
Keyforge. One of the key differences in drawing up to hand size is that your decisions can change dramatically turn to turn, keeping things fresh as the game goes on.
>>
>>93027450
Within less than 20 miles of my apartment are five, possibly six, shops that sell ACG stuff. I don't engage with the local communities for fear of them all being meta chasing cunts, but we've got a pretty wide gamut of games to but around here. And my city ain't that big.

>>93028739
>weeb shit added in
>steampunk shit added in
>cyberpunk shit added in
Those have all been in since like set two. Try harder.

>>93029373
>>93029563
>>93029570
Is this game any fun? I love the idea of it, but don't know if my one acg buddy would be into it. Could maybe be fun to collect if one can find it for a reasonable price.

>>93032746
This card is going to be wild.

>>93033246
Keyforge and Flesh and Blood both have this.
>>
>>93033246
The way aggressive decks in FaB work is eventually they will run out of steam and deck themselves quickly if you successfully block them out the whole game.
>>
>>93032746
I still I can't believe anon was right about the "Somehow..." card coming in the next set. Nailed it.
>>
>>93033246
scoreZ and panZ did something similar and they're great. you'd draw 3 cards every combat and you'd figure out what to do from there while you attack and defend against attacks
i wish FaB was just panZ but with a medieval theme. it would have been a lot less boring and shit
>>
>>93033246
ScoreZ had you draw 3 cards (and manipulate your top deck) so even if your strategy wasn’t firing off you could plan around the turn. Aggro/fast decks either ignored the opponent’s strategy or tried for infinite attacks, midrange/setup/whatever had things like allies or massive defensive setups or board effects, and control decks sought to disrupt everything your opponent might do even harder than other decks. Having a main character, a mastery card, a side board card effect, and the aforementioned deck manipulation meant everyone could pretty reliably do what they wanted to do. You also had deckbuilding choices like endurance that gave you choices when taking damage. Strategies (aggro in red, discard in blue, infinite in red, setups in orange, etc) were hard locked to the archetype colors but after a few sets the colors had enough variety and your character combined so it wasn’t just “I’m playing orange deck 1 or orange deck 2” as much as synergizing orange 2 with character C or E.
>tldr multiple archetype cards shaping the main deck synergy

>>93033448
>Is this game any fun?
Yes. Admittedly I’ve treated it more like a time killer or a board game than diving into deck building or the competitive sideboarding, but it’s fun deciding what order to reveal your strategy, throwing dice, spacing stuff out and all that. It’s real fun with 3 or 4 players because it’s just chaos.
Roughly 50-70% of the cars pool is easy to buy still, and finding images for print-and-play isn’t the worst either.
>>
>>93033246
Ashes redraws your hand between rounds. Resets your resources too so you maximize what you have available to you while responding to what your opponent does since you trade moves back and fourth.
>>
Anyone collect acg's but don't play them? I really like FaB artstyle but none of my friends or the people at my lgs want to give it a shot, it's like 60% MTG, 20% YGO, 10-20%fotm now with a lot of people playing 1-2 of those nobody wants to start a 3rd game. I still sort of want to support it by just collecting but feel conflicted about just pure collecting
>>
>>93034863
I collect One Piece and Wixoss, but hope to one day have at least a playset of everything Wixoss on the off chance I can find someone to consistently play with
>>
>>93034863
It’s fine to collect things. I play a bunch of games but have cards I collect from things I don’t play. Some of those I’ve since tried, and some games I played have been relegated to just having or collect-only as either my or my friend’s interest to play it fell of. Hell I have a huge pile of Wixoss decks and then a pile of cards I got specifically to collect.
>>
>>93034863
If you're conflicted about just collecting then honestly you should have been conflicted about spending on card games you play too.
You need to figure out what percent of your income you can honestly justify spending frivolously, and start from there.
>>
>>93034863
I essentially do that with BSS because it's cheap and dead in most areas. I still play with friends every so often, but it would probably be my top game if it has a scene.
>>
>>93034920
autistic speech pattern
opinion disregarded
>>
File: 20200918_141721.jpg (3.67 MB, 3264x2448)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
>>93034863
I collect stuff from certain artists so I end up buying a lot of singles for acgs I have no intention of playing like Wixoss. I also like getting sets of dead ccgs I think look interesting like the Zombie World Order tcg.

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of collecting for it's own sake.
>>
>>93034920
>>93034962
Yeah it's only a problem if you find yourself skipping meals or unable to pay rent to feed your card habit.
>>
>>93034863
I have a shit ton of starters for random games all sleeved up and ready to go.
>>
File: IMG-20240609-WA0055.jpg (114 KB, 1088x633)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
The OP07 meta is fine, there are at least 5 or 6 decks that can top tournaments. OP08 meta is another thing. Law is going to be banned so fucking hard
>>
>>93035285
A shame, it's the only fun deck in the game. Black Maria just means you're playing on easy mode whenever you have it out.
>>
>>93035285
WA LAO
>>
File: 1690494084667725.png (306 KB, 1080x1143)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
>sneed is retarded
it's over
>>
SNEED
>>
>>93035395
Does mtg even still have a comp scene?
>>
>>93035484
yeah and it's as bad as you'd expect
>>
>>93035484
>>93035489
BASED MtG shambles BTFOing even the best of what those FABGOTS can manage.
Fabbies can't compete.
>>
>>93035285
>>93035296
Just like how they made a new nerfed sakazuki lead when he got banned they’ll probably do the same for Law. Here’s my idea
>plays 3 cost or less
>pops 2000 or less
I think that would take care of the problem because playing 4 drops for free is just too powerful.
>>
>>93035578
He has a lot of different levers to pull so they should be able to find a better balance. I just hope that they only touch him and not cards like Reiju who is vital for other decks.
>>
>>93035395
FaB players being retarded salty mtg players and juan pissers only ever being magic fags has been well documented. GA premium cards are somehow just worse weiss, why do people make tier lists when they clearly have no experience in what they are talking about?
>>
>>93035766
he also thinks bandai has the best cardstock. he's a literal retard
>>
>>93035774
that was clear with mtg being the best comp scene when they killed their good comp formats and only thing people play is commemeder.
>>
>>93033076
$200 or less meta deck vs $600 minimum meta deck
>>
>>93033246
Warlord. Draw up to 5 each turn. No resource. You play things in “lines” accordingly to their lvl (you have to play characters in the same line as their lvl, and only if the line before it has more characters than the one you will play it).
Aggressive decks are not as big of a problem as long as the midrange/big characters decks can start playing their cards as the difference between lower lvl characters and higher lvl characters can be quite huge (not that the lower lvl ones can’t kill it, but that the higher lvl will probably kill the lower lvl ones before they can kill it).
Aggressive decks still work well but requires higher skill and card knowledge.

>>93033448
Anachronism is cool. But It works better as a boardgame. (Use miniatures in a chess board instead of moving the warrior cards on a grid)
>>
>>93035780
bro but what about cedh!>!>!>!>>>>>>???
>>
>>93035766
>FaB players being retarded salty mtg players and juan pissers only ever being magic fags has been well documented
The voices in your head aren't "documentation", Anon...
>>
>>93030970
>the symbol of her church
>>
>>93036030
>$200 or less meta deck
Name 3 (three) non-Pokemon games
>>
>LSS announces great success
>Suddenly a fresh wave of constant anti-fab shitposting
Jealousy is a bitch, huh?
>>
>>93036155
kek
>>93036201
>in my head
no, its the loud obnoxious voices at my LGS and Bandai events.
>>
>>93036218
Your head isn't an LGS, anon...
>>
>>93035395
cringe
>>93035411
based
>>
Any upcoming TCGs you guys excited about? I'm looking for things that aren't scams and don't have dice.
>>
>>93036436
not really no.
>>
>>93031948
covenant was playing it on stream yesterday too. guess it's just that time.
>>
File: Atonement Art.jpg (704 KB, 2448x3264)
704 KB
704 KB JPG
>>93036436
I'm looking forward to Kryptik's third set, shocked as I am that it exists at all. Art is generally great, the game plays like a more fluid (cards changing zones frequently) mtg with a catch-up mechanic in the "prizes"
>>
>>93036693
I think I heard something about the game bein dead. Is this the last set?
>>
>>93036709
TBD, but it's less dead than a few months ago.

Tldr, the main producer couldn't get the set together for whatever reason, and basically threw in the towel in late Spring. Someone from the community who runs a printing business of some sort stepped in and licensed the printing of the third set, printed to demand up to 2500 boxes.

Set format is a bit different now: 150 single-rarity cards/set, boxes of 30 boosters of 7 cards, with 5 single-rarity and two "chase" (serialized, various foils, Kryptik script) in each booster, so a box gives you 1x of all cards plus 60 chase pulls.

I hope it goes well but seems a hard sell to LGS and such. Regardless the game itself is great, I've had a ton of fun with just the two sets avaliable.
>>
File: 1712495496134445.jpg (34 KB, 355x281)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
God damn OP01 prices are insane.
As far as I'm concerned this deck is unplayable until the starter deck reprints the leader. The anime screencap art the default leaders have is a travesty and I won't be caught dead playing with one.
>>
>>93037399
Just proxy for fucks sake no one cares that your game has bad art. Do you want us to feel sorry for you paying full price to pick the worst villain from the shittiest arc?
>>
>>93037399
hahaha. imagine paying hundreds of dollars for alternate wan piss art. it's not even a chick with big boobs. just some retard's face in ota's shitty style. the game is shit, too
>>
File: firefox_8oUUi2ucuS.png (667 KB, 1272x624)
667 KB
667 KB PNG
>>93035395
>best collectibles: pokemon
I feel so bad for all the retard 90s kids who are now aging parents who got tricked into believing their crap commons from the first sets will be worth big bucks, I've gotten pretty good about not laughing outright when I see their cards at the tradein desk but I just can't help myself sometimes
>>
>>93037399
I mean at least it has very unique custom-made art on it that you can't see anywhere else
>>
>>93037513
is the foiling even nice? ignoring the horrible bandai slop curling for a moment, masters actually has interesting foil cards sometimes because they utilize different patterns and metallic stamping or whatever even on the same card. some of them are eye-rapey but some actually look nice like the gogetas i have
>>
>>93037447
You’re fucking retarded. Look at the Market Price for EVERY card on that page. That’s the price people are buying them at.
>>
>>93038108
oh, wow, we've got an economics genius here!
>>
>>93036209
nta and it’s funny how different the reaction to a $200 deck / $25 card is in Wixoss.
“Only $25?”
“Well I guess I’m not playing white.”
>>
>>93037542
I dont like, even dislike, juan piss but the high end foils are very pretty. no idea on card stock but one thing bandai games do well is the foiling.
>>93038198
it wouldnt be so bad if you could even find anyone selling a remember//memoria. At least every other deck in the games cheap and it gets a start deck reprint next year and a congrats promo sometime in the next few months.
>>
File: 20240611_122657.jpg (2.38 MB, 3264x2448)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
Only a few kitties in the mail today.
Hope everyone is having a nice day!
>prevent t
>hat deletion
Well that's certainly cute.
>>
File: 20210315_151230.jpg (1.18 MB, 1681x2356)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>93038528
>The fuck you doing here
Posting cards.
<3
>>
>>93037399
Early bird gets the worm as they say.
>>
>>93038641
Very nice, anon!
>>
File: firefox_wCxiQ5yibx.png (266 KB, 992x740)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>93038108
>another know nothing in /acg/
lol sure bud your frayed and scratched ponyta (NOT 1st edition stamped) is totally 15$. Investor mental illness is contagious and at an all time high.
>>
>>93038688
And keep in mind retarded print runs like Base set pokemon had 6 total copies. No your crap isn't worth shit. Bring a charizard or nothing at all, champ.
>Shadowless 1ed
>Shadowless
>Base Set 1ed
>Base Set
>BS2 1ed
>BS2
>>
>>93036209
Before 2019: mtg burn, some standard decks, some pioneer decks, even some modern decks. During 2014-2017 you could make death and taxes in legacy with $200 and proxying less than 5 cards (when legacy tournaments allowed proxies).

Yugioh.
DBZ when it was being produced (either score or panini)
Before 2014: L5R, even at its worse you could still make a good deck for less than $200 (most decks were in the range of $150-350)

Digimon (the new bandai game) had at least 5 decks you could build for less than $200.

Well idk other games well enough to say, guess we can always see that video where the guy accounts for 3 decks for each of 10 ccgs and even the result by the number of decks he made. Fab is still as if not more expensive as mtg if you plan to go competitive (aka buy cards for a deck), there is no denying to that.
>>
>>93038708
>before 2019
>before 2017
Ok, but how is that relevant for 2024?
>>
>>93036436
It is a shame that the anti-warlord anon doesn’t like good gameplay.

You can play the Wrdjdhyai: throubles of the non binary mind tcg
>>
>>93038739
>anti-warlord anon
He's the anti card game schizo that somehow decides to spend his time in a card game general.
>>
>>93038764
And he pays for demo decks too
>>
>>93038764
cope kek
>>
Guys you should stop bullying him or he'll start a one piece general to go talk about his new 400$ card obsession until he's right back here posting FUCKWANPISS
>>
Damn it I want to play Midoriko now.
>>
>>93038730
Mtg you can still make tier 2 decks for $200, you just have 0 chances of winning big tournaments with it (but can probably win local tournaments just fine).

The dead acgs are cheaper in 2024 than they were between 2019-2022 so the prices for DBZ and L5R being cheap is still true.
Digimon, and yugioh still have cheaper decks.

There is no shame in having a expensive hobby tho, most of them are in 2024, if people didn’t try to pass fab as really cheap we wouldn’t be having this conversation.
>>
>>93038739
I'm not sure if you were referring to me when replying, or someone else, but with scams I was referring to shit that people just buy to speculate on (like Metazoo), and by dice I wasn't referring to any one specific game, I just dislike dice in my card games.
>>
>>93038837
>Mtg you can still make tier 2 decks for $200, you just have 0 chances of winning big tournaments with it (but can probably win local tournaments just fine).
FaB you can make tier 2 decks you won't win big tournaments with for 50$.
Again, I fail to see the relevance.
>>
>>93038688
Dude you work at a card shop. Don't be so arrogant.
>>
>>93038859
But can you win local tournament with those cheap decks? The decks have real chances of winning? A tier 2 deck in mtg is not bad, it is just not as robust as a tier 1. It being unable to go first in a big tournaments isn’t because it is bad but because it will be played so many times that sooner or later it will be in a bad match up.
>>
File: fat faggot.png (345 KB, 367x507)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>93038898
>dont be so arrogant GOSH
>>93038108
>ummm acshtually youyre retarded mr retail daddi told me my cardboard is worth $$$
Sorry hunchback, your cards are worthless. Not my fault.
>>
>>93038921
>A tier 2 deck in mtg is not bad, it is just not as robust as a tier 1. It being unable to go first in a big tournaments isn’t because it is bad but because it will be played so many times that sooner or later it will be in a bad match up.
It's the same thing for fab. You can easily win a casual local tournament with a cheap deck you used cheap alternatives for. Just don't expect to perform at a ProTour with it.
>>
>(You)
Sorry faggot don't you have a card shop owner to go yell at in real life? Maybe in YOUR fan fiction they'll take your 10c Luffy "rare" for more than half in store credit. hahahaha KWAB
>>
I love the DIGIMON card game. This is one of my favorite artworks, I like how it illustrates that there's more then 1 Agumon. I've already known this but alot of people don't seem to know or realize it.
>>
File: proxies are 2 dollars.png (30 KB, 588x455)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
All because I made fun of your 300$ purchase lol
>>
>>93038993
cool card. i can't wait to sound mine when it arrives
>>93038998
>hey guys i know how to inspect element
nice. go back to writing fanfiction, please
>>
>>93038813
No one even talks about One Piece on here....
I'm surprised people aren't gunning for Fusion World with how shit that game has turned out.
>>
>>93039013
only me and like 1 or 2 other people shit on FW (maybe including you). it's crazy. i don't know why this general treats it so nicely when it's such fucking garbage
>>
>>93039032
Half of the people ITT can barely use tcgplayer, you expect them to be able to get the cards together to play your dead score and toasted panini games?
>>
>>93039032
It's DragonBall. People respect the brand more than One Piece. They'll see Goku on any product and turn into kids
>>
>>93038312
>the foiling
I don’t remember being too impressed with the card stock but the foiling was nice on the Digimon cards. First few sets at least.
>>
>>93039032
>garbage
It's hard to value your opinion on the game when you say that about literally every game itt.
Not even a FWfag.
>>
>>93039044
>together to play your dead score and toasted panini games?
But what has this go to do with Fusion World???
>>
>>
crazy how popular i am. people here talk about me more than they talk about their favorite games. kek
>>93039031
obsessed fanficcer
>>93039044
>>93039045
it's just weird to me because masters is legitimately better than FW in every conceivable way. masters isn't a great game or anything, but there is NOTHING about FW that is superior. they dumbed it down to make it more marketable, so they could make a digital client without putting more work in, and apparently because the japs wanted a DBS game and didn't want to collect english cards (which is understandable i guess, but they could have just made FW a japan exclusive or something imo)
>>93039056
don't care. i already got thoughtful responses
>>
>>93039060
Theyre all dragon ball games and are cross compatible according to my 4 year old cousin
>>
Oh wow so the autist who had his spergout was the anti-fag schizo all along? Dude is completely fucked in the head.
>>
>>93038837
>There is no shame in having a expensive hobby tho, most of them are in 2024
Wrong
>>
File: j2uPFvZ.png (79 KB, 408x239)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
God damn FAB prices are insane.
As far as I'm concerned this deck is unplayable until a blitz deck reprints the leader. The SamDoesArt AI look the default leaders have is a travesty and I won't be caught dead playing with one.
>>
>>93025741
what was that TCG that was basically just YuGiOh but a bit better designed and not powercrept to shit?
>>
>>93039207
Rush Duels or Duel Links or Duel Masters or Ma-
>not powercrept to shit
LCG like arkham and pathfinder are board games, they aren't talked about here.
>>
File: 04034.jpg (129 KB, 424x600)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
LOTR LCG question. Would this trigger at the end of every turn so that I just get all their threat or is it optional/doesn't trigger for that?
>>
>>93039207
wish i knew. if you mean art-wise or something, there are plenty of anime games. wixoss might be what you're thinking of
YGO's gameplay, as far as i know, has never been properly cloned. at least current YGO, i mean, which a lot of people dislike, but my munted frontal lobe has an attraction to dumping 20 cards on turn 1 into one of multiple combo routes, weighing your options based on what your opponent is playing and also improvising based on what you are able to get into your hand. i want somebody to make YGO 2.0 so i can stop buying konami slop
i would never play YGO as my main game, but it'll be a side game for me until somebody properly takes its current gameplay and improves it. the fact that every combo is just about setting up a field full of negates kinda ruins the game for me. wish they somehow kept the game centered around special summoning beefy monsters, but without all the negate shit, but i don't have the focus right now to think about if that's even possible. surely there was a different way YGO could have turned out, right?
>>93039219
how are arkham and pathfinder anything like YGO? sure, they don't have powercreep like YGO, but he specifically said "basically just YuGiOh"
>>
>>93039273
>A special ability or event labeled with the word “Response:” indicates that you MAY perform that action whenever the trigger described in its game text happens.
Not necessarily.
>>
>>93039280
>how is YGO like a LCG
It's not bad joke
>>
>>93039290
fair enough. was wondering if i was missing out on some LCG that managed to copy YGO. that shit would be cool as fuck
>>
>>93039198
>Rare promos are expensive
You should look at OP promo prices m8
>>
File: zSxfsCf.png (96 KB, 411x254)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>93039297
Yep card prices are retarded whats new. Pricecharting says ebay puts this one between 2800 ungraded and a 10 from PSA at 3600. Expensive stuff that you should really proxy if you're not cracking packs tbqh
>>
File: IMG_0001.jpg (358 KB, 549x959)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>93039326
You do know there's a much cheaper version of the card you posted earlier, right?
>>
File: firefox_IEFYtdmht4.png (105 KB, 406x256)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>93039340
>You do know there's a much cheaper version of the card you posted, right?
What?! No, this can't be happening.
>>
>>93039357
That wasn't my point. Why are you claiming fab is expensive and whining you can't buy the 4k$ card when you can buy the card with the same art and gameplay use for 20$?
>>
>>93039357
I don't understand, are you pretending to be retarded?
>>
>>93039374
>>93039373
No, not at all. You're telling me I could suck it up and play the "worse" art so I can have a cheaper version? What, next you'll tell me to read the thread or god forbid print a proxy
>>
>>93039397
It's the same art, anon. Do you have a point besides "luxury goods are expensive"?
>>
>>93039407
You're right I shouldve picked an adult marvel so that the copy paste of the donquixote one piece leader drivel would make more sense
>>
>>93039219
No it wasn't those. It was the gameplay of YuGiOh, but wasn't any YuGiOh related brand. Wasn't an LCG either.

>>93039280
Not art-wise, gameplay-wise. Art-wise/themematically, it was a kind of "Future/Cyber/Alternate Dimension" theme. (with lots of robots and robot dragons and "computer"-looking stuff.)

Gameplay wise it was pretty close to early YuGiOh but with some changes to make sure not every deck had the exact same staple cards.
>>
>>93039480
buddyfight maybe? i honestly can't think of anything else that matches your description
>>
>>93039280
tbf "field of negates" stopped being the norm ages ago and now decks are more focused on removal/destruction. But that doesn't change most decks having to combo their board out which turns most people off.

>>93039480
The only game I could think of that was inspired by Yugioh was Elestrals but I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking of.
>>
>>93039506
>>93039523
I found it, it's called RYFT Card Battle.

Gonna check out Elestrals too though, thanks anon
>>
>>93039558
>RYFT Card Battle.
this actually looks kind of interesting. thanks for posting its name
>>
File: 1703253838867500.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
i might actually try the sandland game. i've wanted to try a grid tcg for a while and this one isn't sorcery, so it's interesting at least. i just have no idea why they picked sandland as the theme for it. who fucking cares about sandland? i get that toriyama died pretty recently, but did that draw more attention to sandland or something? i haven't heard anything about this anime since it was announced, and i don't remember anyone giving a fuck about it. thought it was an attempted FOTM slopnime like nearly everything else that /a/ slurps up like freeza on MDMA. i'm sure the manga was fine, but who cares about it enough to warrant making an entire tcg when you're already swamped with others being made by the same company? put that effort and money into making more content for masters, ffs. it's just weird as fuck
can anyone enlighten me? i feel like i'm retarded for even being slightly interested in this shit. seems like it'll just pop up, have a few sets, and then disappear, but that part doesn't really matter to me as i already actively enjoy dead games
is the anime/manga worth checking out? i always feel weird playing a tcg based on an IP i haven't experienced
>>
Am I the only fag who's erased Yugioh from his memory.
Fuck that trash game.
>>
>>93039812
>>Kozmic
>>Bandai Dick sucker
>>
>>93039821
I literally forget it exists sometimes. Whenever I think of the big 3 it's usually
>mtg, Pokemon and euh.......oh yeah
>>
>>93039821
same

FUCKYUGI
>>
>>93039072
>crazy how popular i am
Most people wouldn't find being seen as the most annoying faggot in a room full of annoying faggots as a positive.
>>
File: IMG_20240606_141207_912.jpg (3.14 MB, 4096x3027)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB JPG
>>93025741
At its peak Chaotic was as big if not bigger than magic, but never got to be on the same level as pokemon or yugioh before it died. Something about it being dead and never coming back that makes it extra special. Got rid of most of my magic and yugioh stuff, but will never get rid of my complete Perim collection.
>>
>>93039821
it's shit, yeah, but it's a guilty pleasure for me. i don't pay attention to the meta because it's cancer, but i like playing petdecks. my favorite deck is synchrons. i feel like a piece of shit for liking YGO, but, like i've said several times in this general recently, i can't name a single other game that has replicated what i like about YGO (other than that RYFT game that anon mentioned a few posts up, which looks okay, but the art bugs me and i'm very picky about how my cards look)
i don't know what to say about YGO, to be honest. it's shit, but it's a special flavor of shittiness that nobody else has replicated yet
>>93039825
who's kozmic? did he make that image or something? was the first result on google
>>93039840
kek. i don't really enjoy it at all. i actually find it creepy how obsessed some of the posters ITT are with me. one guy replies to quite a few of my posts and every time he basically says he monitors my posting habits. another guy (or maybe the same guy) picks arguments with me nearly every evening and gets BTFO so hard he leaves the thread without another word. maybe that's you, who knows? i don't mark down posts i think are yours on some corkboard with pins and strings matching them to each other because i'm not an obsessed schizo freak
>>
>troll is phone posting now
I wish the schizos who insist YGO Master Duel thread isnt a general worthy of being taken off of /v/ and put into /vg/ or the /vm/ wasteland where it belongs would leave this thread for good.
>>
>>93039837
FUCKBIG3 and FUCKINVESTORS desu putting money into games was a mistake. Do you want to buy my limited hyperChrome monopoly thimble with leading NBA basketball player Doncic??? I got it fresh from the pack WTT no lowballs only
>>
>>93039821
I'll gladly take it over the other two
>>
File: 1697008603279542.gif (1.85 MB, 498x346)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
>>93039957
investors are a plague on this hobby, but rare cards are cool out of context. if only there was a way to have rare cards without people buying them just to resell them later. i guess the system was fucked from the start, because that's just a fantasy. i buy rare cards all the time, but i never sell. i get enjoyment knowing that my deck is max-rarity or close to it, but only if the cards actually look good in whatever rarity they are/whatever game they're from
>>
>>93039974
So you'll play a game where you don't even get a fucking turn?
>>
>>93040061
just go first it's ez
>>
>>93040066
Bruh it ain't even that, add ontop of Yu-gi-oh locals being filled with absolute morons.
But hey, if that toxicity is ur thing go enjoy that brother
>>
>>93040110
i don't play comp shit. i play a petdeck once in a while. going to competitive events for YGO is just retarded behavior
>>
>>93039326
Peasants
>>
File: oh what a lovely day.jpg (31 KB, 498x346)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>93039198
>tfw just printed out proxies for everything and local group I play with don't give a damn.
>>
File: 1715687335505818.jpg (33 KB, 708x254)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>93040330
get a real job
>>
>>93040351
Holy shit, I had no idea card inflation on top end was that high. $3m for a black lotus. Wish I'd sold my car to buy one in 2010, when it felt ridiculous that they were $30k.
>>
File: BL.jpg (304 KB, 1280x720)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>shitty limited set with pile fatigue as best strat
>worst looking marvels in the entire game
>worst fable, even deathmatch arena sees more play
>none of the heros were competitively viable for months
>quote unquote a part of FABs "powering down" phase where sets werent meant to be as strong to prevent powercreep
>next two sets proceed to have the most busted heros and cards imaginable
>literally had to reprint tunic to get people to buy it
why does LSS hate mechbros?
>>
>>93040330
>paying for grading or CGC in general
Normies are so stupid, I swear.
>>93040351
If magic is selling at an auction house and not an lgs does that mean its art and not a game? Has a historical physical game piece (not a card) ever even sold for this much? Disgusting
>>
>>93040406
Grading is such a fucking scam, but it's scamming people with the "greater sucker" theory, so I don't sympathize much.

>>93040402
BL was terrible and nearly killed the local scene.

>>93040344
Based. Wish the chinks would spin up the latest two sets, but whatcha gonna do.
>>
>>93039998
>If only there was a way to have rare cards without people buying them just to resell them later
that's literally the problem keyforge was devised to answer. you remove deck construction from the formula, and you can have the good part of card rarity ("the jungle", collector novelty, encountering shit in the wild you've never seen before) without the bad parts of card rarity we're the most unbalanced stuff gets exploited for revenue.
>>
File: 1711979809353813.jpg (85 KB, 1080x1074)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>93040461
People would still try to flip strong Keyforge decks lol
Gambling is human nature.
>>
>>93040402
Yeah the pre-releases were insanely boring to play. I signed up for 2 and left the 2nd one early out of sheer boredom.
I still like Dash I/O a lot. She just needs 1 or 2 new cards to be viable.

Fuck fatique decks btw
>>
>>93040472
they do and did. but the practical effect of having to buy and sell decks as a unit meant that the real prices of meta decks were an order of magnitude lower than similar games, and that there was always undiscovered meta decks in the wild.
>>
>>93040400
you've got your wires crossed. those real big numbers are for alpha lotuses in near mint condition. it's extremely unlikely you had an opportunity to buy one of those at any price in 2010.
>>
>>93040742
>>93040400
Oh that makes sense, I think the $30k ones I saw here or there were lightly played or moderately played Betas.

Whatever the cost, that cost is entirely unjustifiable for a collectible or piece of art or really anything you can't turn into ongoing revenue.
>>
>>93040061
As the kids nowadays say: skill issue
>>
>>93040761
especially when WotC probably prints them for employees with senility
nobody ever talks about this possibility though
>>
Something else I'd note about Keyforge is that while you certainly have decks that are stronger than others, that line is also a bit blurry. SAS ratings can't always tell you everything about a deck, and after piloting one multiple times you'll begin to intuit that it's stronger or weaker than its score would suggest.
And that brings me to another point on a bit of a tangent - pilot skill with a specific deck can be incredibly important in Keyforge. Unlike other games where you can read a fairly straightforward primer on how a deck archetype works, Keyforge decks can be a lot more subtle and intricate to get good lines of play since the boardstate and your hand tend to dramatically shift turn to turn.
I regularly pilot a 70 SAS rated deck against my friend's substantially stronger 86 rated deck, and he hasn't won that matchup a single time yet because I'm just more familiar with my deck than he is with his.
>>
>>93040817
I'd go further than that. SAS is just completely wrong like 25% of the time.
and the reason you can't read up on how to play a deck is because nobody writes primers for decks that only one person owns.
>>
>>93040563
As someone who actually played a lot of BL draft, it's definitely the worst limited set in a long time. Probably since Monarch.
Mistveil seems pretty good for now after one draft but I'm not set on it yet.
>>
>>93040868
I didnt even go to any mistveil pre-releases tbqh. And hearing about Zen 40+ damage turns made me not play for the past couple weeks.
>>
>>93040854
>SAS is just completely wrong like 25% of the time.
That seems like a bit of an inflated number, but since it's an unprovable asspull of a number, you can have it.
I still say the rating system serves a useful function, as imperfect as it is.
>and the reason you can't read up on how to play a deck is because nobody writes primers for decks that only one person owns.
That was, effectively, my point. Though I will point out that some exceptions do exist, because there are some popular decks people will use on the online client where "ownership" is irrelevant.
>>
>>93039558
now this is how you shill your kickstarter "organically" lmao.
>>
>>93039864
I love Chaotic but what the fuck are you smoking it was never even close to mtg much less yugioh. I have a ton of cards and outside a few fellow autists in highschool never found a actual players or shop selling just wallmart.
its gam play was very unique though and should be tried again. the every card being unique with stats was a issue.
>>
>>93041157
yeah, that thought crept up on me after i found out the game was a shitstarter project. if the devs really come here to shill to 1 or 2 people at a time, you know they're fucking desperate
>>
>>93041230
its happened multiple times before. sometimes not even devs but investor types trying to gain traction for their bags.
>>
File: Cat Girl Card.jpg (499 KB, 716x1007)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
I always thought /acg/ was good place for anons to talk about card game design and learn about niche games. Post comfy cards with kino frames to save and enjoy. Post our shit Game ideas that we inevitably put on indefinite hiatus and have other anons laugh at us. Sad state this place has become. Look dont get me wrong I hated FAB at first. But the one thing that really rubbed me the wrong way about it was the investor fags surrounding the game. Which LSS have actually purged from the game now I just accept its existence. I'm not into that genre of TCG but it's cool that others like it. What I want to say is end the FAB hate. Kick it out. And may /acg/ once again know peace.
>>
>>93041157
Nah, I will continue to shill the things I like and will be playing the drafts and prereleases in October (for Warlord)
Keep mad.
>>
>>93039558
>Gonna check out Elestrals too though
Hope you like Chain Energy.
>>
>>93041265
at least warlords is a actual game and some kickstarter scam like sorcery or any of the ai nft metazoo types.
>>
>>93041366
the only difference between warlord and any other shitstarter scam is that they're using a long-dead license to make it seem like a well-established IP to the untrained eye. your average tabletop bozo will see this and go "oh, but it's not like metazoo or sorcery, because it's a revival of a game that people must have loved! there's no way an old IP could be a scam!"
>>
File: Spoiler Image (613 KB, 494x700)
613 KB
613 KB PNG
Play Build Divide.
>>
>>93041120
We’ve always had the most popular games at the moment get the most responses and always had posts with 0/1 reply.
Post about the game you like. Actively brewing or just lamenting you can’t get someone to sit down and try it?
>>
>>93041391
The thing with the Warlord IP is that it is still owned by the original company (Aka AEG) and over the years they have declined over and over again licencing the game (they only did it once, right after they stopped it the first time, and they did not renew it afterwards). Why the new company got the license? Well, because the 2 guys contacted AEG in 2019-2020 asking them about if there was any plans to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the game, they ended up helping AEG for free on their 20th anniversary promo pack. The main guy from AEG saw that they at least respect the game+story and gave them a thumbs up on doing a revival. That is why the KS was a big thing for people who have been around the game since the committee was created, it will not be something like L5R LCG… it is a continuation of the game, no retcons, no big change on how the game is played, done by people who actually play and like playing the game.

Imagine this: the guys making fan sets for DBZ ccg or Star Wars ccg got the rights to print the cards they made and balanced, they also can bring back tournaments and other shit from when the game was alive… this is somewhat what is happening to warlord.
>>
>>93040900
>That seems like a bit of an inflated number, but since it's an unprovable asspull of a number, you can have it.
I mean yes, I absolutely pulled 25% from my butt, but I've seen a hell of a lot of SAS prediction upsets. I've seen 55 decks whip the shit out of 80+ decks enough times not to put much stock in the algorithm.
>>
>>93041514
>I've seen 55 decks whip the shit out of 80+ decks enough times
Wtf, was the person playing the 80+ deck mentally challenged or something?
SAS may have its many flaws, but you're definitely exaggerating it.
>>
File: GPx_YfiaoAAv2Nm.jpg (3.66 MB, 2900x2200)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>
I won my Fusion World locals. Congratulate me.
>>
>>93042194
based chadku player
>>
File: 1709396989590978.png (345 KB, 860x1205)
345 KB
345 KB PNG
>>93042202
>implying
>>
File: 1700721871937472.gif (1.02 MB, 320x240)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>>93042217
based. vegeta is so good. care to share your winning list? i'll show you my list i am taking to the Peoria, IL regionals on the 16th
>>
File: 20200604_015355.jpg (2.08 MB, 3264x2448)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>93042194
Congratulations, anon! I hope you had fun!
>>
File: 1689629892770608.jpg (1.94 MB, 2560x1440)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>93042229
Full disclosure: I netdecked the shit out of this.
Honestly red might be in trouble if ToPku is hit. Non ToPku red feels free as fuck to Vegeta. And Vegeta in general might just be the BDIF if ToPku is gone. Feel like Green is a 50/50 and you just absolutely shit on red/yellow.
>>
File: 1716557327100891.png (620 KB, 807x525)
620 KB
620 KB PNG
>>93042256
interesting. so far this is what I am using. it's pretty focused on beating goku, and ill hopefully get in some more testing before friday when deck lists are due. if and when goku is nerfed it will be cool to see what happens to the meta.
>>
>>93042256
also, what do you think of the SCR vegito? i've not tested with it much. i prefer the double strike 5 cost, but goku black/zen-oh are usually the late game items that close it out for me.
>>
>>93042256
>>93042276
>so much Goten and Trunks
Delightful!
>>
>>93042288
I love SCR Vegito but against ToPku specifically which you're going to see a lot of at a regional it's probably not good enough and just dead in hand. The only worthwhile thing it bounces to hand in that deck is Android 17 and I think ToPku players are moving off of it.
>>
>>93042306
<3
>>
>>93034863
Everything I have currently I play, but I am debating buying some booster boxes of older UFS sets and Doomtrooper cards and the likes off eBay just to collect.

FaBbros, I got a question for you. I've got some store credit at a local shop and am thinking of buying some FaB stuff with it. I'm looking at the Round the Table set because bards, but do we think we'll ever get more bard cards? Or should I just grab a box of something? Thinking either Bright Lights to expand my Dash options, Dusk Till Dawn to try and expand my pool for Prism or jump into Heavy Hitters since all four heros in that seem fun.

Or maybe grab Round the Table and the Olympia or Kassai blitz decks.
>>
>>93042194
Fucking braindead game anyway. I ain't congratulating you for shit.
>>
>>93042758
Round the table is a solid product. It gives you decks that will allow you to play against your friends at any level.
They will probably bring bards back eventually BUT idk if it will be anything more then blitz. Any other classes that you are interested in? If not then Kassia is a good blitz deck to pick up.
>>
>>93042758
Depends what you want to do with the game. Dip into CC? Play casual kitchen table?
>>
>>93041470
Based Divide
>>
>>93042758
>because bards

don't, bard is just kano gameplay but physical damage
>>
>>93042758
bards are not one of the "main" classes that get actual support. i wouldn't count on it.
>>
File: 1614335355521.jpg (454 KB, 500x701)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
>>
File: images (21).jpg (30 KB, 512x343)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
How did I miss a baseball TCG being released? Time to go all in and max rarity my favorite team.
>>
File: Armor Burn 2024.jpg (4.61 MB, 4608x2240)
4.61 MB
4.61 MB JPG
Just finished recording one of my gay little deck profiles. I wish the guy who prints my proxies would get back from his break because I am going to need a lot of decks in a very short time. Anyway, this deck rapes pretty hard at locals. It plays more like the MtG/Wixoss archetype 'Death and Taxes' rather than outright resource destruction as is typically done with Armorloids.
The plan is to play a bunch of cheap expendable attackers and then forcing my opponent to pick between taking damage and advancing my strategy, or blocking my attackers and stagnating in the face of a growing army. It's very annoying and trollsome which is why I love it to bits.
>>
File: image-38.png (503 KB, 594x823)
503 KB
503 KB PNG
Now this is gaming
>>
>>93045516
Any idea if the gameplay is any good?
>>
>>93046512
>disney’s star wars
That is not real star wars. Death Cadeus is the son of pricess leia and han solo. They have 3 children (2 male 1 female), and luke married mara jade and had their own skywalker children.
That is the oficial lore after episode 6.
And before that sith were the bad guys, knowingly, and Jedi were good guys (most of them).
>>
>>93046926
>Death Cadeus is the son of pricess leia and han solo. They have 3 children (2 male 1 female), and luke married mara jade and had their own skywalker children.
That's almost as dumb as what we got with Disney. Almost.
>>
File: mammalorian.jpg (159 KB, 1602x900)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
>>93046926
>>disney’s star wars
>That is not real star wars.
Oh but it is. Case in point. How do you delude yourself to think Disney has no power over SWU?
>>
Star wars fans/antis are the nogames schizo of movies
>>
File: the future you chose.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>93047128
This is not going away after one set, it's getting accelerated. And when the money well dries up, then you'll be given crumbs of Old Wars to fill it back up.
>>
>>93047151
We're literally getting Clone Wars set 3.
Set 2 is the designated obligatory Disney SW dump.
>>
I need a convincing argument as to why RP Law is so good and has to be toned down.
>>
>>93047695
Are you unable to formulate the argument on your own or do you not believe the supposition to be true?
>>
>>93047723
I just need to own this smug faggot in Discord really fast. He turned the whole place against me in a week. I suspect he's doxxed me because at the same time stuff in real life started going sideways on me. I think if I can shut him up now he'll back the fuck off.
>>
>>93047734
*Walks away from you really quickly.*
>>
>>93047738
C'mon man help a bro out. I don't even play One Piece.
>>
New, migrate whenever

>>93047930
>>93047930
>>93047930

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.