[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: giant-fan.jpg (278 KB, 672x936)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
Previously: >>93893983

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net/

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com/

>Deck List Sites: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>How to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com/

>TQ
What's the best thing about playing a deck that doesn't care about mana colors?
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
>>93899876
Artifag here:
My favorite part is being able to play every card in my deck on two basics. Which ones? Doesnt matter.
>>
>>93899886
>WotC slipped this one in and nobody noticed because it was an old card getting new art
Oh no...
>>
Alternate TQ:
How long have you been playing, and how long do you think it took you to be a good deck builder?
>>
>>93899904
Like twelve years. But it takes aproximately 5 years to learn to pilot and tune a deck from scratch to good assuming you have all the cardboard. Sometimes it takes even longer than that to acquire the peices you need.
>>
>>93899904
11 years, and it took me up until like 3 years ago to look beyond just synergizing the entire deck tio fit my commander 100%, like I wouldn't run cards that didn't progress my board state or draw me cards until recently, including off-theme wipes and removal.
>>
File: plc-27-mycologist.jpg (286 KB, 672x936)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
wtf she cute
>>
>>93899904
>how long have you been playing?
About a decade.
>how long did it take you to become a good deckbuilder?
7ish years, the last 4 I watched about 3 hours of magic five days a week. I still learn new things. Becoming a good deck builder requires sacrifice and conviction in equal measure. I had to give up my eldrazi, my praetors, blightsteel, my love of the graveyard, and many others. It's not glamerous to get better, but it's worthwhile.
>>
File: benis.png (1.49 MB, 672x936)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>93899932
mhhh mushroom
>>
>>93899904
Like 15 years but basically retired at theros-ish. Learned to play by drafting, always ran 4-colour drafts even without duals. Got good at tuning that way. Retired because my playgroup was all 'watch my rollercoaster' players who despised removal, making me archenemy every game.

Good to see the proxy Chad's won the war, haven't been on edhg in like 2 years & boy did this used to be a shitstorm.
>>
File: freyalisellanowarsfury.jpg (100 KB, 265x370)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>93899904
>How long have you been playing,
7th for kitchen table, whenever they made Freyalise for EDH
>and how long do you think it took you to be a good deck builder?
I'm still not there
>>
>>93899904
2 months. I am not a good deck builder.
>>
File: bone cancer.jpg (53 KB, 465x640)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
You expect a shipment of valuable cards. You walk down to your mailbox and see one of your neighbours messing with it, obviously trying to steal your letters. They haven't noticed you yet.
Your actions?
>>
File: cyber hound.png (286 KB, 1005x574)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>93899904
5 years, although "playing" just means "build decks and play them against myself like I'm in Yugioh"
It has taken all 5 of those years and then some personally, I used to dismiss life cost cards like Anguinshed Unmaking as "lose more" and board wipes as "useless because it hits your own creatures too, why would you play those???"

Now I understand their importance.

Anyway I just finished season 1 of my big schizo MTG Commandfest tournament arc in my bedroom today. This little pupslut went 8 and fucking 0 just raping all of my $300+ dollars and somehow clocks in at only $120 on Moxfield. I literally just mashed 2 precons together and added a couple cards from my collection, and BOOM! Just an unbeatable tempo, some of my other decks came close to beating it but man Aethersquall Ancient's mass bounce is insane late game.
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ztgMrtTt50aiJfmH0gG5xw

I really love Energy now. Thanks whoever designed this for Modern Horizons 3. I am officially Guild Azorius.
>>
>>93900066
Remove pants.
>>
>>93900080
Go play with other people. Go to a store or play over webcam. Playing with the weirdest, sweatiest neckbeards is better than whatever it is you are doing now.
Go on anon, we believe in you.
>>
Cap life gain to 60.
>>
>>93900133
>Okay, before we begin the game, here are our extra rules. Life gain is capped to 60, here is the list of cards I don't like and which therefore are banned, here is our dress code and...wait where are you going?
>>
File: 902.jpg (30 KB, 500x403)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>93900066
>>
>>93900066
Tape it then call the non emergency line for the cops.
>>
>>93900118
Nta but I'll staple my balls to my forehead before I create an arena account just to play in person.
>>
File: fingas.jpg (322 KB, 1828x1449)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>93899918
>>93899921
>>93899962
>>93900016
>>93900023
>>93900080

Why not answer the REAL TQ?
>>
>>93900229
Because it's dumb? Some people shouldn't be allowed to make threads.
>>
how do you fuckers organize your cardboard? like what goes in a binder versus a box and so on?

right now my binder is exclusively for anything worth more than 3 bucks, have some cheap boxes for lands and modern border commons / cheap stuff / pauper selection etc and then i have thick acrylic display cases for my 800ish collection of revised / ice age / urza etc, and lastly a nice modular magnetic 4 deck capacity box for the decks i'm actually playing or building wip.

i'm a proxy chad so to tell you the truth i my real cards don't even come out of the boxes anymore. my decks are 100 basic lands they give away at my LGS sleeved up with printer paper proxies.
>>
>>93900229
What does mono brown even do? Artifacts are just boring, Eldrazi make it work because they're actual creatures and stuff. A mono brown commander can't work without colored support cards
>>
>>93900279
I put everything into binders. Every single common card, even many basic lands. I gave away the bulk cards, that I probably won't use. I never regretted it. Going through several boxes when you're looking for some specific common/uncommon is just miserable.
>>
>>93900292
>What does mono brown even do?
Superpower by 2029 sir.
>>
>>93900315
well i'm not a sadist, the boxes have dividers based on type and color sorted by CNC and i have everything scanned and added to a digital collection and as i get more cards i add them to the "database" so whenever i need a specific card i check the digital list to see if i have it, then it's pretty easy to locate what box it's in and retrieve it, definitely don't advise just tossing them into a random box raw.
>>
File: vdv2.jpg (681 KB, 1280x720)
681 KB
681 KB JPG
>>93900250
>>93900292

Could you elaborate on why you think playing a colorless deck is 'dumb'?
>>
File: dsk-66-the-mindskinner.jpg (175 KB, 672x936)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
i printed a proxy of him just for trying it. and holy fucking shit, people do really hate to get milled out, i always died first while i milled at best 50 cards.
still fun as hell as a deck.
>>
File: nope.gif (2.1 MB, 330x166)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
>>93900356
>i printed a proxy
>>
File: file.jpg (334 KB, 672x936)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>93900356
as grixis A+B combos go it doesn't end the game but it is very funny
>>
>>93900356
>Mill 50
Appreciate that bro
>>
>>93900349
Sure, to start with, you are completely weak to mass artifact removal, boardwipes like Farewell and Vandalblast now blow up your entire board, not just your support cards.
Second, most artifact decks run entirely nonbasic land cards, so you can't fetch out anything unless you run Expedition Map or Urza's Cave or the like for your specific effects. You don't have to worry about manafixing, but you will have to worry about abilityfixing instead. You brick your searchers, you better hope you get ignored for last.
Thirdly, the fact that there's no color at all means you can't use mass draw spells if your board crumbles. Good luck rebuilding back up to a Rise of the Eldrazi for 13 mana when your 2 colorless mana dork tappers get wiped.
Fourth, the mono brown options are limited and expensive. Metalworker $120, Mycosynth Golem $25, Blightsteel $35, Darksteel Forge $30. These are all must runs and it just leads to copy paste artifact decklists.
>>
>>93900008
pls do not be mean to my short-bob haircut wife
she has inspired me to do stupid fungus memes
>>
>>93900279
Binder = playable expensive cards I won't use and will trade with other players
Box = playable cards I will use and keep in my decks
Cardboard Commander deck boxes = Various Rares and Mythics I keep as parts I dig through whenever I start building a new deck and riffle through the lands and etc. to see what I need to buy

I usually use bundle boxes as a giant deck box for 2 decks and separate them. My giant cardboard box under my desk is just everything else, all the commons/uncommons/rares from all the product I've bought over the years so I don't get them mixed up with the other card games I play haha
>>
>>93900427
Leyline of Punishment, among other effects, lets you cut this to just izzet. It's still a really goofy combo and it's funny because it's izzet with a gameplan that isn't spellslinger for once.
>>
>>93900356
mill is fun
>>
File: file.png (575 KB, 450x600)
575 KB
575 KB PNG
i wanna see if there's any other commanders i could literally just slot in and it still work with this deck with few other card changes. any suggestions?

https://moxfield.com/decks/dVREWj7lSUi4bJa6-i80vA
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
File: box.jpg (526 KB, 3060x4080)
526 KB
526 KB JPG
>>93900488
Eldrazi are colorless though.
>>
>>93900551
Anon Eldrazis are 6 color decks what are you even talking about? Don't give me that Devoid crap they have color pips in their costs.
>>
>>93900544
Is that why everybody is using 30 starting life? Oh no, wait. Nobody ever uses 30 starting life. They use 40 like normal people. And they will keep on using 40. And in ten years you will still spam this sorry shit, because by then people will still use 40 and won't waste a thought on this 30 life nonsense.
>>
>>93900118
I mean yeah playing at a store at least once is the goal but I haven't found a job yet so I can't really afford the ideal magic night of just meeting some friends, splitting a box and just cracking packs and having fun for now
Plus I'm kinda too autistic to not be shy and sit in a corner by myself all night while I open my deck box, shuffle my cards and then put them back in my backpack before doing the same thing 10 minutes later
>>
File: vdv3.jpg (184 KB, 900x900)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>93900568
>Anon Eldrazis are 6 color decks

There are only 5 colors.
>>
I fucking hate Bolas's Citadel.
What were they thinking when they made that card fucking hell.
>>
>>93899876
>WUBRG
>Legendary Creature

>At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player shuffles their hand, graveyard, and all permanents they control into their library. That player draws that many cards. For each permanent which left the battlefield this way this turn, that player may put a permanent on to the battlefield without paying its mana cost.
If [cardname] would be shuffled into a library because of this ability, exile it until the next upkeep.

How bad is it?
>>
>>93900589
Plus butthole mana.
>>
File: Warp world.jpg (39 KB, 223x310)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>93900621
Absolutely terrible. That must be the worst card idea I have ever seen. Often times people would rather concede than have Warp World resolve once. And you want this every turn?
>>
>>93900614
"We want another big flashy card for our mega-pushed set"
>>
File: alms collector.jpg (113 KB, 672x936)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>93900621
lol
>>
>>93900644
>>93900589
>>93900568
Colorless pips are such an interesting design space, wish they used it more as a core ""color"" in sets
>>
>>93900654
>That must be the worst card idea I have ever seen
>this is the tame version
>>
>>93900745
Write in full sentences, you midwit.
>>
>>93900733
They stopped doing it because colorless pips are a drawback in most contexts, making it very easy to incidentally meet the requirements for butthole mana.
>>
>>93899904
>How long have you been playing
Since C14. My only mtg knowledge beforehand was elves so I started off with the Freyalise precon
>how long do you think it took you to be a good deck builder?
I'm still bad at building decks, but I've become exceptionally good at crafting stupid niche strategies that catch players off-guard.
>>
>>93900544
Based and checked
>>
>>93899904
my first pack was the 7th edition starter deck with a foil thorn elemental.
>>
>>93900579
>shy and sit in a corner by myself all night while I open my deck box, shuffle my cards and then put them back in my backpack before doing the same thing 10 minutes later
I feel that. We shybros are suffering. I just wish I had a friend I could go to the lgs with. Going by myself feels awkward, like going to the movies or a restaurant by yourself.
>>
File: 1000038526.jpg (133 KB, 672x936)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
WotC clumps cephalids and viashino into more generic types, but why the fuck are slug and snail different creature types? No synergy in between Wick and Toxrill.
>>
>>93900654
People scoop to Warp World?
>>
WotC has decided that YOU are going to be design lead on a radical new top-down deck strategy campaign. They’ve come up with the names for the play style and YOU have to decide what they do and what cards are going into the pre-con
Your prompts are:
>group-shrug
>pillow fart
>windmill
>land splatters
>realpolitik
>>
>>93900356
Milling has always been the least fun, most annoying, and least effective strategy to play with/against. As soon as I find out someone is playing a mill deck I will mindlessly suicide into them until they switch.
>>
Weird question, did the black and white Innistrad set have two different kinds of foils? Or did they just call the regular foil “silver screen”. It’s so confusing
>>
>>93900948
>Nasty, but tempting cards, like 1-2 mana Farewell, but it draws 3 for every opponent when it resolves.
>Every time opponent even thinks about doing something, they get rad counters or poison counters, possibly their creatures get -1/-1 counters when they attack you.
>Stuff that makes you mill, but before you do, you guess a number, shuffle your library and then mill, then if the card was a permanent with mana value equal to the number you chose, you put it to the battlefield.
>Lands get ability to deal damage, in the way of either Koth emblem or Swooping Pteranodon.
>Jeskai deck full of new Tempting Offer cards, Bribery-, threaten-, goad- effects and Detain cards. Contains reprints of Propaganda and Reparations. Also contains a new functional reprint of Armageddon with the name of "Peaceful Protest"
>>
>>93900980
As far as I'm aware, Double Feature had just a single foiling style, but there was some special foil lands that were given away by LGSes, I think. I think that even the different art cards had a same kind of foiling than the regular border ones.
>>
>>93899876
Someone rate my color breaking fiery gandalf
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/cXRkpAnZRkGE9cuLYj-d0w
>>
>>93901017
>twf stuck between the pillow fart and windmill players
>>
>>93901092
Honestly pretty cool anon. I’m glad you’re doing your own thing here
>>
>>93901017
First one could be made as if you had to balance between risk and reward, especially if it had some self punish. Second one can be made as a crime mechanic. Quite interesting design space, doing lands do damage. Always liked when some mumbo jumbo is done with core mechanics.
>>
>>93900980
>>93901025
There’s two kinds, one is a regular foil and the second is a weird grained monochromatic foil.
>>
>>93901148
Isn't that textured one specifically only used for the special giveaway lands? I don't recall seeing that kind of foiling anywhere in the actual pulls, it's only been in the basics.
At least there's no textured foils of Toxrill in cardmarket.
>>
I was really hoping they’d have a cool commander I’d like in Duskmourn, but they wasted so many slots on shitwalkers and a tranny rat

Maybe the Jews will do a good Halloween secret lair with a commander but i fuckin doubt I’d even be able to get with with scalpers if it ever happened
>>
>>93900904
Just group Pests at this point
Spiders, insects, worms, etc
Whatever that gross pest commander buffs
>>
>>93901167
There’s two kinds, regular foil and “silver screen” foil. They genuinely do look quite different but that whole set was trash, so I wouldn’t bother. I got a sludge monster with the treatment
>>
Is toxrill good even? His cost is so fucking high
>>
>>93901179
Can you post a pic? I haven't seen any different ones, I just know of the regular foils in the set.
>>
If I were to cast Ghostway to blink Eternal Witness and some other crap with etb triggers, could recur and cast Ghostway again with all the other triggers still on the stack if I let Eternal Witness' trigger resolve first?
>>
>>93899904
So you just want to swap out Multani? Masumaro is the obvious first choice. If you want to know which cards to cut, then I can think of plenty, notably stuff like Maro and Realm Seekers
>>
>>93899904
I've been playing since 97-ish, about 2-3 years because I was like 10 when I started. Building a decent deck isn't hard, it's learning how to play properly that takes time.
>>
File: IMG_2547.jpg (552 KB, 1170x1622)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>93901191
Here’s an example. You can see how it’s not just a shiny card and it’s got a grain overtop with most contrast. It’s pretty weird
>>
>>93899904
Magic since 2002ish
Commander for maybe a year or two
I've never become a good deck builder, I'm addicted to over adding cards and effects I like and not adding enough draw or removal
>>
>>93900356
Mill has two modes.
Fucking useless or removing a player instantly. This is why players hate it, same reason they hate stax. You're either playing the most unfun degenerate shit in existence or you're going to sit there and do nothing except be annoying and then die. Mill is even worse since a lot of decks can work out of their yard for value.
>>
>>93901207
Isn't that the normal foil though? I don't think there's two different foilings of Sludge Monster or anything else. I think my Mask of Griselbrand and Dreadfeast Demon are the same as that one, but there's no "regular" foiling, just that one.
>>
>>93901178
Squirrelfags and ratfags would probably cope that their favorite type gets classified as a pest.
>>
>>93901224
https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=513&v=tfBR7DjEr9A&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2F

Here’s a guy who opens a box for a few minutes. He gets a normal foil and the silver screen one as a planeswalker, so it’s pretty clear in the video
>>
>>93901229
Does Vlex or whatever that guys name is affect squirrels and rats? Maybe just bugs and buglikes
Insect, Spider, Slug, Snail, Worm, etc
>>
File: 1715646352677039.jpg (23 KB, 660x367)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>93900948
>Group Shrug
"You can't lose the game" and "Your opponents can't win the game" effects
>Pillow Fart
Defensive enchantments, but ones that punish people for targeting you instead of preventing it
>Windmill
Creatures with Miracle (More will need to be invented)
>Land Splatters
Lands with ETB abilities, and ways to repeatedly trigger them
>Realpolitik
Theft effects combined with Gift effects to give your opponent's creatures to each other
>>
>>93901242
It doesn't, I was mostly thinking of Swarmyard.
>>
>>93901237
I can't really say from the video, if there's two distinctly different versions of Chandra, then it'd be different, but I feel like that it's more of a case of art popping out more, afterall, the chandra art in that video has more silver colour in it.
>>
>>93901224
>>93901237
Wait did I get fucking memed?
Do they seriously just have one foil but renamed it for this set?

For some reason i thought they had rainbow ones
>>
>>93901017
>>93901245
So basically Venerated Rotpriest is a pillow fart card?
>>
>>93901271
Norn's Decree as well. There might be some more "if your opponent looks at you funny they get a poison counter" cards that I don't remember.
>>
>>93901271
Exactly. So is something like Emberwilde Captain.
>>
>>93899904
Been playing since 2013
Took probably 6 months of playing most days, a lot of that was learning all of the cards, edh was my first format
>>
>>93899932
>ugly bangs ruining a cute girl
SAD many such instances
>>
>>93901171
>complain about "da jooz"
>still buy their products like a good golem
>>
>>93900229
There's literally one good answer and its fixing. Boring question, try better next time.
>>
>>93900279
4x 1000ct long boxes for anything remotely playable, sorted by color
1x 3000ct box for bulk that I am in the process of sorting/throwing away
1x 2000ct box of basic lands because I can't bring myself to throw basics away in case I need specific art for a deck
>>
>>93901245
>>Group Shrug
>"You can't lose the game" and "Your opponents can't win the game" effects
I actually like it
>>
>>93901245
>>Realpolitik
>Theft effects combined with Gift effects to give your opponent's creatures to each other
>>
>>93901342
it's to make her look like a mushroom
>>
File: mrd-204-mesmeric-orb.jpg (198 KB, 672x936)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>93900356
>and holy fucking shit, people do really hate to get milled out, i always died first while i milled at best 50 cards.
I had to abandon my mill deck because it pissed off too many retards. I'd have people with 30 cards in the bin swearing bloody murder if I kept going. I still get a taste of it whenever I drop the retard orb in other decks, people just go batshit when you start flipping stuff into the graveyard. It's really fun but it just drives people crazy and it isn't strong enough to handle the heat.
>>
>>93901374
Peeped this in my LGS. I'm into dumb plays that go for a "madness" vibe (I run Anje also).
Is there anything fun I could do with this?
>>
>>93901245
Land splatters would also involve saccing/discarding lands to do shit. Like, Borborygmos Enraged would be the protoype "Land splatters" commander
>>
>>93899904
>how long you been playing
13 years. Started back when the first commander product came out.
>how long do you think it took you to be a good deck builder
Five years, but I usually played on cockatrice and would routinely tune my decks. Lot of it was brewing themed decks. I generally found I like making decks with higher than normal land counts and taking advantage of the excess lands. Over time I been leaning more into running blue if possible for mana severance as a way to get rid of the remaining lands in my decks during a match when I don't need to have more. As the only time that has backfired on me is decks that engage in land destruction.
>>
>>93901459
Found you a commander
>>
>>93901171
Imagine being this guy lmao. Some discount right winger bitching about nothing holy fuck. You make me ashamed to love hitler anon
>>
>>93898706
I was thinking
>Grixis world evils (Corruption and Crimson) (BoC partnered with EoW, possibly with colorless artifact creature mech bosses)
>Protagonist and NPCs (haven’t decided colors) (Protagonist with guide as backup commander)
>Gruul Jungle (Plantera with Golem as a backup commander)
>5c lunar event (Moon Lord with lunatic cultist as backup commander)
>Jeskai Hallow (EoL with Queen Slime as backup commander)
also that is incredibly based
>>
>>93899904
Half a year.
Not sure I'll ever be, but the journey itself is fun and that's enough for me
>>
I don't get people who like mill strategies. The graveyard is basically another hand, and you're doing the work for me.
>>
>>93901459
Seriously not as bad as it used to be
>>
>>93901217
>>93901433
Problem is whit Mindskinner is that it mill every player, making them go full retarded on your ass.
>>
File: IMG_4669.jpg (231 KB, 980x1469)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>93901418
Still a female bowlcut
>>
File: qt.png (499 KB, 527x560)
499 KB
499 KB PNG
>>93901670
All women depicted in art for the Magic the Gathering tabletop card game should have this hairstyle
>>
File: Prime.png (943 KB, 1532x954)
943 KB
943 KB PNG
>>93899876
Heh, that's kinda funny.
>>
>>93901693
>reads like an Un card
>le genius black girl trope again
Standards really are slipping.
>>
>>93901697
>le genius black girl trope again
Again? Haven't Zimone been in four or five sets now? Isn't it mostly the same person?
>>
>>93901697
It reads like less of an un card than Void Winnower
>>
>>93901701
Invented in 2021, fairly recent. If anything, appearing on 5 cards in 3 years is more of a reason to give the trope a rest. It was already tired a decade ago
>>
>>93900427
took me a minute to get it. nice.
>>
>>93901701
She's had 4 cards, two of which were in this set (including the precons), and one of which was a team-up card in MOM.
>>
>>93900978
brainlet
>>
>>93901693
xDDD

Edit: I'm gay.
>>
>>93901701
zimone has been in multiple sets, but i feel like she's a character who has gotten multiple cards despite absolutely no one caring about her. there's also aminatou, who falls into the same sort of trope space (maybe not necessarily a genius, i don't think they've put out any material that lets us know her level of intelligence, but she;s damn near omnipotent, or was before desparking)
>>
>>93901819
Aminatou are Zimone are the same damn trope. Not character, trope. Super capable young black girl that's so much better than everyone else without even trying. It's a trope that became overused the first time it was used.
>>
Dinosaur players really are the kings of downplaying their decks huh?

>All dinosaur players insist their deck is low power because its just "haha timmy stomp"
>Tribe got fellatio'd by wizards to make sure it has good cards
>Half their cards either completely clear other cards in value, or just blank any combat because they're overstated
>"hruguh anon this is low power im just running hot"
>Entire table is scrambling for a board wipe and its turn fucking 3

Is there any other deck/tribe/whatever that's so fucking good at drawing attention away from themselves until they win?
>>
>>93901736
Please help I'm a retard. Do you just get both? Damage and mill?
>>
>>93901766
1. It's too many
2. It's saturated into media way more than just her cards.
>>93901819
>>93901826
It's such a dumb trope. The people behind it really think that there almost no black geniuses in real life because they're not depicted enough in media. If they do their part by cramming them into media, all the little black girls- who are totally into shit like comic books, video games, and MtG- will grow up to be scientists and this will inherently make the world a better place because as we all know, quality of life and success of a civilization is entirely dependent on how racially diverse every possible category of people is.
>>
File: le genius black girl.png (832 KB, 492x863)
832 KB
832 KB PNG
>>93901833
Forgot pic
>>
>>93901831
I want to stomp on dino-timmy heads. Just imagine I'm a heckin cool t-rex as I do it, and go peacefully.
>>
>>93901836
they should give all of them lightning powers
>>
>>93901819
>no one caring about her
Libtard women do
>>
>>93901833
Yeah, that's the other thing, all this shoving of female characters into traditionally male spaces serves no one but the people that matter the least. It ain't gonna attract more women to the product since men and women tend to like different things, it's not gonna make the guy fanbase happy since the characters are almost always written horribly and not even visually appealing to look at, so who the fuck does it benefit other than out of touch suits and people who don't want to buy your product now and never will.
It is fucking baffling that "We need to change the product to no longer appeal to the core demographic" is an actual mainstream belief.
>>
>>93901862
>It is fucking baffling that "We need to change the product to no longer appeal to the core demographic" is an actual mainstream belief.
It's left-wing thought + corporatism.
Number must go up. Best way to make number go up is to tap into a demographic you don't have. Left-wing thought is all demographics are the same and do not have inherent differences. Therefore, untapped demographics can be tapped if you market towards them.
Utterly delusional, but it's been going for about 15 years at least now.

Look up when Bic tried to market pens to women
>>
>>93901847
>”Women”
>Not hulking mouthbreathing men who like to play dress up who cut their genitals off with daddy Newsom’s money
>>
>>93901847
they do not care. they pretend to. you know who they ACTUALLY care about? chandra, nissa, liliana, elspeth.
>>
>>93901874
>>93901862
>>93901847
>>93901846
>>93901836
>>93901833
>>93901826
>>93901819
You WILL like the nigger hobbits created by rainbow hair libtards and you WILL be happy
>>
>>93901874
>Utterly delusional
It's obviously absurd, but it has the effect of tapping into a different demographic: fellow believers in the left-wing religion.
>>
>>93901846
When they're riding bikes?
>>
>>93901895
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElectricBlackGuy
>>
>>93901893
The best part is that the believe that X demographic doesn't buy their product because they don't depict enough Xs.
But at the same time, if you are not X demographic and complain about them constantly putting X in the product, you're a racist
You have to shut up and like it, but everyone else has every right to see themselves depicted. Utterly bizarre
>>
>>93900279
Good stuff in around 10 binders, stuff I want to build a deck with set aside, and the trillions of bulk cards goes under my bed in slide away storage totes. 2 close friends and me started in 2011, and since we're good friends, we just tossed all our cards together into the group card pool. They stopped around 5 years ago, so now I have 3 collections worth of shit. Legit want to pay someone to sort it all, its so much crap. Help me anons. If I did this>>93900315 id have dozens upon dozens of folders, but your right about having to dig for something you want being a pain in the ass, like say a Tainted strike i half mutiple copies of.... Somewhere
>>
>>93901905
It's ritual, not a rational. Thee evil white man must be the scapegoat regardless of the logical inconsistencies involved.
>>
>>93899876
Is a krenko tin street kingpin goblin tribal deck worth it? I started out a mob boss oriented deck but I realized he's a "kill on sight" situation at my table, and I want to pivot towards a slower combat/burn deck that allows me to do more shit than just get autocucked without changing my entire game plan of "buncha goblins"
>>
>>93901836
The fuck is with the giant round glasses thing? Even the African one’s face paint is made to resemble them
>>
>>93900878
Just gotta suck it up and ask the simple question - "hey guys, cool if I join?". There you go. Pop a xanaxx or something if its such a issue. These are your people, fellow nerds, dont worry about it so much
>>
>>93901171
Bro isnt there only 1 walker and 1 tranny rat, so 2 slots? I swear some of you faggots love to come here and complain about the dumbest shit
>>
>>93901951
>Pop a xanaxx
Seconding drugs. I'm debilitatingly shy, but it's nothing a couple of beers can't fix—even if it's midday or early morning
>>
>>93901948
harry potter look/it's the "smart" look.
>>
>>93901968
>nashi is trans

I'm sorry did I fucking miss something?
>>
>>93901948
>>93901981
Maybe I'm just old but I always thought they were trying to invoke Steve Urkel.
>>
File: pringle.jpg (1.84 MB, 4096x1842)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
show me your most warped foils (natural)
>>
>>93902001
Then you're dumber than the niggers it's pandering too anon great job! Not even the same kind of glasses
>>
>>93901981
Harry is literally a jock. The only things he's good at are Defense Against the Dark Arts and quidditch. Does anyone seriously look at him and go "yeah he smart" just because of fucking glasses?
>>
>>93901996
No, people just don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>93902024
>Does anyone seriously look at him and go "yeah he smart" just because of fucking glasses?
yes
>>
>>93901833
>If they do their part by cramming them into media, all the little black girls- who are totally into shit like comic books, video games, and MtG- will grow up to be scientists and this will inherently make the world a better place
This part is actually true though. Stories have a lot of power over what people think is possible. That's not why they're doing it, they're doing it so that suburban white boys will perceive their product as morally superior, but it's still true.
>>
>>93901980
>>93901951
>>93900878
>>93900579
Holy fuck you guys need to work retail. Especially as an alternative to popping fucking pills.

People are retards. Their opinions of you don't matter. They're also massively self-obsessed and are way less likely to remember something cringey you did than you think.
Go work retail, or volunteer at a thrift store or something. I promise you, in a matter of weeks you will be over any "anxiety"
>>
>>93901996
Im just going with what the goober said, but I dont think so. Niko is though, as is Alesha, Who smiles at death. Kinda cool name for a card actually
>>
>>93901187
>in the year of our flat earth lord 2020 +4
>casting spells with their manacost
>>
>>93902019
I'm sorry that you're mad.
>>
>>93902032
>Stories have a lot of power over what people think is possible.
I really don't think this extends to race. It's the typical meme that every little boy wanted to be Goku, Mexicans especially. They couldn't give a fuck what color he is.
>>
File: Image (4).png (137 KB, 223x311)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>93902040
Is that cannon?
>>
>>93902039
Im the guy that suggested meds to help, I also worked retail for 4 years without any meds. It was just a suggestion anon. Be anti drug if you want, but they work, and they were created to help with the exact issues anon is having
>>
File: 1722377523473411.jpg (81 KB, 625x625)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>down to 4 life
>still manage to win
>>
>>93902065
yes, alesha is the first trans mtg character.
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic-story/truth-names-2015-01-28
>>
>>93902040
Niko isn't trans, just nonbinary.
>>
>>93902047
>I really don't think this extends to race.
Nichelle Nichols has received a lot of hand-written letters claiming that it does.
>They couldn't give a fuck what color he is.
In general, nobody cares what race an anime character is, but Goku is a complicated example because when he powers up his hair turns yellow and his eyes turn blue.
>>
>>93902067
Yeah I would oppose using the most abused opioid in the United States just because you can't ask to join a game.
>>
>>93902076
anon, i...
>>
>>93902065
>>93902074
FYI this one is actually worth reading.
>>
>>93902086
Did you see where I first suggest for anon to just nut up and ask to join? The xanaxx was just a throwaway line, chill out anon. But god forbid someone with severe anxiety uses a medication to alleviate it. Either way, anon needs to stop being a pussy and just ask to join, meds or not
>>
>>93901819
I am either misremembering or with Zimone she
>She can recite pi backwards.
>She solved some impossible math equation
>>
Do you guys think this would be worth a slot in Arabella to turn herself into a genuine threat outside of her attack trigger? Would serve as pseudo protection as well, from a decent amount of blockers id encounter I figure
>>
>>93902122
I would personally rather just make her unblockable/indestructible and rely on her trigger
>>
>>93902122
I dont see why not, add Sunbond too
>>
>>93902115
>But god forbid someone with severe anxiety uses a medication to alleviate it.
This but unironically. Anxiety is a result of under-socialization. Things seem scarier when we aren't used to doing them. Even people with anxiety can get used to public speaking if they do it enough because even if you fuck up, it's not the biggest fuck up of your life, you can measure it against other similar fuck ups and realize it wasn't as bad as it could have been and just move on.
Suggesting drugs even as "a throwaway line" for a condition that can be treated just by normal human experience is retarded.
>>
>>93902137
>>But god forbid someone with severe anxiety uses a medication to alleviate it.
>This but unironically.
Seconded. You're just stealing happiness from your future self at an egregious exchange rate.
>>
>>93902137
Tell other anon that. Tell them to do everything you mentioned, just like how I mentioned that they should just ask to join. Stop trying to push your viewpoint on me, stop trying to argue with me, i legitimately dont care about your opinions. Im leaving it at that because this is a pointless argument that is just derailing the thread.
>>
>>93902183
>Stop trying to push your viewpoint on me, stop trying to argue with me,
Cry more, you're on 4channel
>>
>>93901245
more lands with more powerful etbs would actually break the game forever
>>
>>93902122
*casts doom blade on your commander*
Thanks for the two for one
>>
>>93902070
>down to 6
>keepin the combo player in check
>third player points lethal my way
>you know we will lose if you can't stop the combo like I can, right
>I don't care
>passes turn
>we lose
every fucking time
>>
>>93902183
>Im leaving it at that because this is a pointless argument that is just derailing the thread.
Yea, that's fair, there's no point in arguing further so you should just move on to something productive. Pop a xanaxx or something if its such an issue.
>>
>>93901847
And not a single one of them play magic
So why is it in our game?
>>
>>93902221
After playing countless games, I can say with certainty the the vast majority of players have terrible threat assessment
>>
>>93902231
Plenty of libtard women play Magic, they're all cosplayers because the woman's natural inclination is to whore herself
I've seen em on Game Knights
>>
>finally had a reason to activate hammer of purphoros
Achievement unlocked
>>
>>93902242
>ive seen actors at conventions and on youtube
Wow
>>
>>93902262
They play the game my man. If you wanted to attack their legitimacy, how long they've played the game is the better avenue. Look at the bios of the rules committee. All the men have been into Magic since the 90s, and all the women joined in the early 2010s or later.
Pretending that they don't play at all is just retarded. It's not a very high bar to set.
>>
>>93902089
While nonbinaries are closely associated with trans people and many nonbinary people end up transitioning (either towards androgyny or to be transfem or transmasc), nonbinaries aren't necessarily trans. Niko is what's known as a "theyfab" - a female-presenting female-bodied nonbinary who, despite being a biological woman who looks and acts like a woman, uses "they" pronouns and says they're nonbinary. Theyfabs aren't trans and theyfabs who claim they're trans are generally hated by most actual trans people, due to them literally just being cis women who try speaking over trans people on trans issues or who take advantage of resources intended specifically for trans people. I've never understood why WotC seems to push non-transitioning, binary-presenting nonbinaries so hard, while completely ignoring actual trans people, considering that the demographic they're targeting generally wants to see actual trans people. We've gotten two (Alesha and Yuma) throughout the game's entire history, but it feels like they slap in a new nonbinary at least once or twice a year.
>>
>>93902274
Why is it always women doing that retarded "she/they" shit
>>
>>93902242
Also peoples' girlfriends. And I knew a few moms who got into it with their kids. And girls who started collecting because they thought the art was dope and eventually got tricked into learning the game. And as a point of fact, there are libtard women playing the game who don't fall into any of those categories, they just aren't that common. Racists and sexists are prone to sweeping generalizations and hyperbolic language.
Anyway, the real point of liberal signaling is to make white male liberals feel better about the game.
>>
>>93902274
do they have bottom surgery and hormone pills in magic the gathering planes
>>
>>93902249
based
>>
File: dsk-4-dollmaker-s-shop.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
I'm having a total brainfart. I promise I'm not bad at the game. This triggers for each opponent you attack correct?
>>
>>93902274
lol
It's because you used the rhetoric of tolerance and open-mindedness to trick normies into accepting your insane-ass ideology. Dumbass. Now you think you're the holy arbiter of the new orthodoxy, but no one else sees you that way, no one takes you any more seriously than the they/thems or the xhe/xhers.
>>
>>93902238
it still amazes me that it happens so often even after telling them straight up how the situation is going to go down. this has happened to me more than one too. sure I might have a scary board and that might be part of it. when you can see the threats, it's more likely to be answered than if one has the win hidden in their hand even tho people know they have it after a tutor or whatever.
how should I avoid situations like this without playing combo outta nowhere myself? there has to be a way to go under the radar some other way. should I just play bad cards?
>>
>>93901654
I like hitting myself with Traumatize.
>>
>>93902280
Because it's all about attention and narcissism
>>
>>93902238
>>93902338
People at my table sometimes seethe about neutralizing threats. Its usually in good fun, and after the game no grudges are held or anything, but they will absolutely be spiteful in-game if you blow up their Commander when they cast it or a key piece of their engine. Sometimes I just prefer to let them have it for a turn and make friends.
>>
>>93902334
>whenever one or more [...] creatures
It triggers once
>>
>>93902338
Yea I thought explaining the situation clearly would make a difference too, but it rarely does. I did have one playgroup that was based as hell, when there was a crazy board state we would all stop and basically have a huddle to try and figure out how to deal with it. Even the person with said board state would chime in. Cool dudes
>>
>>93902360
But it says "attack a player." Wouldn't it trigger independently when attacking different players?
>>
>>93902378
How many creatures you control are attacking a player? Is it one or more? Then the effect triggers.
If it multiplied with the number of players you attacked it would say "each"
>>
>>93902270
Not once in 10 years have I seen one at an LGS
You can keep asserting whatever you want, reality just doesnt agree
>>
>>93902203
As it stands the list right now has 20 pieces of protection so I am confident she would survive
>>
>>93902378
Yes. It would trigger for each player you attack.
>>
>>93902334
>>93902378
It triggers for each player attacked. Disregard the other anon, he's wrong, gay and cringe.
>>
>>93902292
Yes, they canonically do, it's brought up in the OTJ stories.

>>93902335
I'm not trans, nor do I care about the game's trans representation. I just find it weird that they push nonbinaries so hard, when pretty much every other piece of media I can think of that's pushing trans stuff is pushing actual trans people. MTG is the only thing I can think of that's specifically pushing nonbinaries, and almost exclusively nonbinaries, and I'm curious about why. Does WotC just have a bunch of she/they women working for them? It wouldn't surprise me, but it's still weird to see. I don't want more trans people, I just find it weird that they aren't pushing more of them, considering everything else they're pushing.
>>
>>93902390
The internet must be a terrifying place for you.
>>
>>93902388
That is wrong. The key here is "attack a player".
>>
>>93902390
Based solipsist anon
>>
>>93902394
>>93902399
That's what I thought.
>>
>>93902394
>>93902399
>>93902405
No, it wouldn't. Because regardless of how many players you attack, one or more of your creatures are attacking a player. That is the trigger condition, not the number of players attacked. Otherwise it would say "for each player attacked"

Cannot fucking wait for the set to be legal, I will screencap this just to dab on you with the rulings.
>>
>>93902431
Release notes disagree with you.
>>
>>93902431
Here's a ruling from Akiri who reads
>Whenever you attack a player with one or more equipped creatures, draw a card.
>>
>>93902400
>Does WotC just have a bunch of she/they women working for them?
Probably. Also it's a magical multiverse, "actual trans people" and their medical needs/fetishes are the product of an extremely specific time and place, everyone is aware of this even if they pretend otherwise. Also other media actually does have they/them figures (Star Trek has several, and no "actual trans people" that I'm aware of. Orville by contrast has actual trans people who were transitioned against their will at birth and want to go back to their original gender).
I apologize for making assumptions about you, but I still think it's very stupid to refer to plastic surgery addicts as "actual trans people", or to imply that pronoun fetishists are less trans somehow, or to imply that they shouldn't be "taking advantage of" resources intended for trans people.
>>
>>93902431
From Meriadoc's rulings:
6/16/2023 Meriadoc Brandybuck's ability has you create just one Food token per player you attack with a Halfling, no matter how many Halflings you attack them with beyond the first.
You're certified retard and a faggot.
>>
>>93902470
>>93902454
>>93902449
>>93902448
Not the first time Wotc cannot into basic English
>>
File: file.jpg (161 KB, 672x936)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>93901832
Yes. Usually this sort of effect is phrased with an intervening "when damage is prevented this way" or the like, but Mindskinner doesn't care if the damage is actually prevented, it'll mill either way.
>>
>>93902485
You're definitely a ESL with lacking education.
>>
>>93902485
When you attack three separate opponents, that is three separate instances of "one or more creatures you control attacking a player".
>>
>every commander game on yt with pronouns next to their names
>>
>>93902485
The key phrase is "a player." It's actually not that hard to understand if you aren't retarded and it reads perfectly fine.
>>
>>93902498
>>93902516
>>93902521
The only ESLs are at WotC. Fucking flagship demon of the set and they don't even know the difference between "didn't" and "doesn't"
>>
>>93902538
>If a card you doesn't control would be put into an opponent's graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
Are you black?
>>
>>93902548
He might be the same guy who sperged about the Ixalan mythic cat. He doesn't understand the game and is barely literate.
>>
>>93902530
This put me off so much I stopped watching everything except I Hate Your Deck. Can't stand that deranged shit.
>>
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/NQXqqdks4E60zq3uXhxa8g

What do I cut from here? I definitely need to make room for more lands. Stuck vacillating between Mouth Of Sauron or Lord Of The Nazgul as Commander. I definitely want to keep Konrad and Cut Your Losses as a possible (unlikely) wincon, but I'm open to being called a retard and having my hand held to figure this out.
>>
>>93902431
>is a retard
>is overconfident and makes fun of people who know what they're talking about
Sad! Many such cases!
>>
>>93902587
I think there's a certain type who misunderstands rules text and then gets mad about it, but I'm also convinced that there's just one guy who does 50%-80% of it in these threads.
>>
anyone have that "you look up and this is the blue players face" pic?
>>
>>93902604
You have an ungodly amount of cards in here that do nothing. Consuming corruption that'll never do more than three or four damage, merfolk looter when you don't use the graveyard, zulaport cuttthroat when you don't have any sac outlets, fucking demonic vigor....

You need to take a serious look at what you want this deck to do and why, then take out every card like razorlash transmogrant or spellscorn coven that are just pieces of cardboard with words on them
>>
>>93902602
Didn't I hate your deck have BLM shit constantly in the background?
>>
>>93902665
That was a long time ago when the black guy was along but they split (that was about 2 years ago). Then the cool guy got cancelled because some tramp accused him of some bullshit without any evidence and all the usual leftoid channels like the gayfessor cut ties with him. Then it took him a while to get his shit back together but now it is a stable channel of just cool dudes having some actually fun games.
>>
>>93902694
I heard the black guy was actually toxic af off screen
>>
>>93902737
I don't know any instance of a leftoid person that is not toxic, so it checks out.
>>
>>93902655
I see, thank you. I want to Amass armies and sling budget jank spells to make Wraiths. How could I better achieve that?
>>
My friend is kinda new to magic and wants to build an energy deck, which is something I don't know enough about to recommend commanders and nice cards to him. Any suggestions?
>>
>>93902749
Facts
>>
>>93902874
There's really only a few energy commanders right now. I would just have him pick up the precon
>>
>>93902548
>>93902587
The text of that card is wrong though, it should say "don't", it's the wrong tense
>>
>>93902857
The first step is figuring out which of the commanders you want, and on power/consistency level I'd highly recommend lord of the nazgul because that works like a souped-up Talrand whereas mouth of sauron gives you one single token even if you flicker him endlessly. From there, look at an average Talrand list. You'll want a whole host of cantrips (ponder, preordain, etc). You'll want dark ritual for ramping out the commander early. You'll want counterspells and removal because unlike most decks you still play to the board when playing reactive 1-for-1 cards. A few wraths wouldn't be amiss either because you'll want very few creatures other than your commander.

In these styles of decks your commander is something you cast in the midst of you controlling the pace of the game and sculpting your hand, and then use the token army as an inevitability engine. Think of it less like you cast your commander and execute your game plan to win the game, but you execute your game plan of drawing cards and killing shit before using your commander to wrap things up.
>>
>>93902924
But wouldn't the subject of the sentence (card), having died, then be past tense since the effect takes place immediately after subject got killed?
>>
>>93902924
You don't control it as it enters the graveyard. It's just a weird technicality, if you steal your opponents cards and they enter the opponents graveyard, you technically don't control them at that moment even if they were under your control while they were under the battlefield.
>>
>>93902980
Yeah, if it said "don't", then Val would exile them even if you controlled them.
>>
>watching sports ball
>playing issac
>drinking beers
>cards in the mail
>going to play games tonight
Life's good bros.
>>
>>93902969
Inevitability engine? I see, thank you. So cheap spells and instants?
>>
>>93902975
>>93902980
>>93902996
It absolutely isn't some weird technicality about who controls something as it hits the grave.
The fact it says "would" necessarily means that it has not happened yet, therefore "don't" is the correct word and not "didn't". Didn't means it's already gone when the effect triggers, which it isn't.
>>
>>93903058
"Would be" is to prevent it from entering the graveyard at all, due to the numerous effects triggered upon entering it, or upon being exiled from it. There's a moment of the creature being in limbo where it has not yet entered the graveyard and is no longer technically under your control, which is when Val's ability exiles it.
>>
>>93902901
Okay thanks, that's not a bad shout
>>
>>93903096
>"Would be" is to prevent it from entering the graveyard at all
Correct. And while you can still say "would be" it is prospective, so the word is "don't". I don't know why this is fucking difficult for you.
>There's a moment of the creature being in limbo where it has not yet entered the graveyard and is no longer technically under your control,
What is the correct present tense sentence to describe something not in your control?
I'll give you a hint, it involves the word "do not"
>>
>>93903130
So what you're saying is you think that everything an opponent controls should trigger it, regardless of whether or not you controlled it. You want the card to work differently. Because yes, "do not" applies there, and would apply regardless of whether or not you controlled it prior - so clearly, you want to change how the card works.
>>
>>93903150
>everything an opponent controls should trigger it
"everything an opponent owns should trigger it", typo.
>>
File: stx-177-decisive-denial.png (1.59 MB, 745x1040)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>93901836
>smarter than you
>smugger than you
>sassier than you
Yas qween slay
>>
File: a25-32-rest-in-peace.jpg (98 KB, 488x680)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>93903150
It is literally just second part of Rest in Peace on a monster and without applying to you.
>>
>>93903173
Yes, we are all well aware of that. It's not relevant to the discussion at hand.
>>
>>93902082
>Goku is a complicated example because when he powers up his hair turns yellow and his eyes turn blue.
ENTER
>>
File: Exalted x2.jpg (562 KB, 1490x1040)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
Both of these cards say "have exalted." I would interpret that to mean that other creatures only have one instance of exalted, but the rules text on Sublime Archangel would suggest otherwise. So should I rather be interpreting this as "have exalted (from Sublime Archangel)" and "have exalted (from Order of Sacred Dusk)"?
>>
File: frf-91-arcbond.jpg (297 KB, 672x936)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>anon posts about arcbond yesterday while helping a guy out with xenagos
>try it out
>it's fucking insane every single time
Any other cards that absolutely fuck?
>>
>>93903186
>we
Clearly you're not.
Maybe it's your tranny 'tism but you seem to think that the text is trying to address something it clearly isn't
>ummm akshually comprehensive rule 109.4 says that once a spell has resolved or a permanent has been destroyed and put into the graveyard, that card no longer has a controller. A card only has a controller when it's on the stack or battlefield.
Yeah, that's great, retard. Vulvagoth's effect applies before the card is put into the graveyard, so the card still has a controller, so the correct grammar is a card you DO NOT control.
>>
>>93903209
Yes. If you had both of these cards out at once your vampires would have two separate instances of exalted. They stack.
>>
>>93903229
>so the card still has a controller
Actually it's a replacement effect meaning it occurs the moment the card would leave, i.e., the moment it stops having a controller.
>>
>>93903380
Holy fuck you are retarded. 109.4 is literally right there in front of you. Cards do not have controllers when they are destroyed AND put into the graveyard.
Valgavoth's ability necessarily happens before the card is in the graveyard, because it says "WOULD BE put into an opponent's graveyard"
So it's not in the graveyard.
So it has a controller.
So it is correct to say "do not" or "don't" control.
So it is incorrect to say "didn't" control.
>>
>>93903397
Stop replying, he's pretending to be retarded, and does it all the time about literally anything. You're technically correct; doesnt matter because the clown world is run by tards.
>>
>>93899876
This general has the worst fucking TQ's
>>
>>93900433
>scoops to a land that can only be dealt with by blue
>>
>>93903487
It's one newfag who thinks he's really clever and smart
>>
Is there a SLD tomorrow or some shit? The release dates of SLDs feel hard to come by lately and every drop just happens and sells out without me having any fucking clue it would even be going on sale yet. Their mailing list is so shit they'll actually inform you AFTER sell out.
>>
>>93903487
Better TQ here >>93900948
>>
I wish they didn't do shit like make canonically strong characters into pathetically weak cards P/T wise
>Valgavoth has a 4/4 version for some fucking reason
It's even worse when they do it to UB stuff, since then you're not even pleasing the fans.
>>
>>93903519
That's a thread essay.
>>
>>93903526
They actually explained this when they revealed it. Valgavoth has molting processes, and soon after that process is finished he's lacking in energy and is weakened, and needs to feed. The 4/4 Val starts off weak but grows as he feeds.
>>
>>93903509
I literally just do not get email notices from them. Even checked spam.
At least the showcase: duskmourn one on their social media looks mid.
Hopefully there's better artists series than the trash last time
>>
>>93903541
a 4/4 dies to a lot of normal humans and shit. It's a bit silly some epic archdemon that's basically the God of a plane could feasibly be killed by Edgar Markov
He also has no real evasion since ward "pay 3 life" in commander only matters in the most niche of scenarios.

Why didn't the heroes kill him in the molting process? There are creatures bigger than 4/4 in the set.
>>
>>93903555
I'd just like to know since if it's tomorrow then I don't even get a chance, since I have to attend a funeral.
>>
>>93903558
Because they don't know anything about Valgavoth and he's usually hidden away until he has the advantage?
>>
Is this +2/+0 for every creature I bring in or is +2/+0 the best he can buff in a turn.
>>
>>93903581
If you're not gonna put the effort in to rotate this image I'm not gonna put in the effort to answer.
>>
>>93903581
+2/0 per dino that entered this turn and is dealt 2 damage

>>93903591
4chan is tricky, you have to take a picture in landscape to avoid having it flip.
>>
>>93903558
Because like every evil thing with a obvious weakness it's probably hidden away in a place no one even knows exists.
>>
>>93903538
Engage or don't.
>>
>>93903055
Essentially. What you want to lean on is the fact that every instant or sorcery gets you value, so you get a lot more equity out of casting spells like ponder than a normal deck would.
>>
>>93903558
15 squirrels can kill Emrakul
>>
>>93903640
K I won't lmao
>>
File: Emrakul The Aeons Torn.jpg (317 KB, 650x909)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
>>93903682
More like 15 000 squirrels.
>>
>>93903757
What is this?
>>
>>93903776
It's a Dual Masters card. It's like MTG, except good, because it doesn't have lands.
>>
>>93903790
But lands are good?
>>
>>93903812
If you're a battered housewife suffering from sunk cost.
>>
>>93903821
No? I just like lands as both a system and a game peice. Lands are one of the best parts about magic, and you're unironically low skill if you disagree.
>>
>>93903821
Then play a different game if you don't like this one? Lands aren't great but I enjoy them other than them being retarded expensive for good ones.
>>
>>93903837
I am here to laugh at you, not play the game.
>>
>>93903832
>you're unironically low skill if you disagree.
Luck isn't a skill.
>>
>>93903509
30 Sep
>>
>>93903606
Thanks
>>93903591
Yea it’s an iphone thing.
>>
>>93903849
Thanks.
>>
>>93903821
>>93903832
>>93903837
It is notable that almost all rip-offs have of Magic have cut lands, created new ways to get mana, or cut mana entirely.
Magic would not be made with lands in the present day, it is atrociously bad game design.
>>
>>93903846
No, but it's incredibly easy to mitigate through good skill based deck design.

>>93903863
You say this, but there's a reason every other game is awful.
>t. Ex yugioh tourny fag
>>
>>93903882
>every other game is awful.
Source?
>>
Shit I hear in Commander circles
>You don't have to pay the 1 if you're ramping
>Rhystic Study is overrated and a bad card
>You don't need to remove Smothering Tithe
>If your (1 card) combo involves your commander it's fine
>Coalition Victory can never come back because it's impossible to interact with
>Primeval Titan and Sylvan Primordial can never come back because they're the most oppressive wincons in the game
>Wasteland is cEDH
>>
>>93903887
>>Coalition Victory can never come back because it's impossible to interact with
This one bothers me the most. The format has 1 card combos that auto win and commanders that go infinite with a single spell. Not to mention thoracle.
The format has various uninteractable fucking wincons
>>
File: pay it.jpg (64 KB, 625x415)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>93903887
>>
File: jin the chin.png (1023 KB, 672x936)
1023 KB
1023 KB PNG
Do double faced foils pringle?
Tempted with pic related
>>
File: 1697303315730370.jpg (113 KB, 1434x961)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>93903882
The skill in question:
>>
>>93903886
Me, a guy who has played at least 6 different games.

>>93903887
>You don't have to pay the 1 if you're ramping
No idea what this means.
>Rhystic Study is overrated and a bad card
Accurate.
>You don't need to remove Smothering Tithe
Depends on a wide variety of factors.
>If your (1 card) combo involves your commander it's fine
There are no one card combos. If it uses your commander it's at minimum 2.
>Coalition Victory can never come back because it's impossible to interact with
Eh, disagree, it's pretty mid.
>Primeval Titan and Sylvan Primordial can never come back because they're the most oppressive wincons in the game
Nonsense.
>Wasteland is cEDH
Lolno.
>>
>>93903919
No, the skill is having a low curve, the right number of enablers, the correct ratio and selection of lands, as well as the proper considerations in terms of colour idenity. It's most definitely a skill and nowhere near as arbitrary as you say it is.
>>
>>93903863
I disagree on it being bad game design, but I'm not really heated enough to be angry that we disagree
>>
>>93901836
>>93901833
I'd say Claudette Morel is pretty CLOSE to fitting the archetype as well - she's autistic, and struggled in school, but once she got a teacher that understood her learning disability, she excelled. Sort of subverted by making her non-traditionally smart, and a socially awkward loner that didn't fit in? I'd say it was a good representation of 'hella smart black girl'.
Prior to having the cosmetic removed, Bubba (Leatherface) could farm Claduettes for the 'Smart Face' skin, that was literal black face, but the name emphasized that being smart as an important character trait.

that said, I'm surprised Duskmourn doesn't have a DbD tie-in.
>>
File: 1700335179834523.png (133 KB, 517x585)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>93903954
>Blendettes come to MTG
Help
>>
File: 1720579604934480.jpg (37 KB, 700x525)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>93903938
Agreed. LSV was just awful at deckbuilding. He would have won pro tour finals if his curve was lower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsP_H-hydNA&t=2380s
>>
>>93903887
The other day when talking about Kianne, Corrupted Memory.
>Simic doesn't get a lot of draw effects, those are mostly in Red.
>>
>>93904001
>single black mana to cast
>Legendary Human Coward
>Shroud, can't attack, can't block, exiles itself until your next upkeep whenever the opponent casts a spell
Immersed Blendette, sits there and does fucking nothing to progress the game state
>>
when dry running a deck using online tools. what sort of benchmarks should i be using to gauge my deck.
>>
how to play online
>>
>>93904023
I know this meme, it is brutal, but a single niche "set" with awful fixing isnt representative of the fixing available in real formats
>>
>>93904103
mtgo :^)
>>
>>93904103
Forge
xmage
>>
>>93904093
>how fast do you hit your wincon
>how often do you need to mull
>how fast do you goldfish
>could you have played through disruption
>>
>>93904093
How fast can you present something to end the game?
How fucked are you if a given card gets removed or countered?
Did you hit enough lands/ramp and draw enough cards to play your stuff in a timely fashion?
>>
>>93904121
Thankyou
>>
>>93904109
You're playing Commander which is the fakest format there is.
>>
>>93904144
Please note, they have insanely unfriendly ui, but gameplay is automated
>>
>>93904076
UHHH SINGLE WHITE MANA, BIGOT
>>
>>93904151
No, that would be standard, followed closely by pioneer. In commander you have every tool in magic's history at your disposal.
>>
>>93904165
trying too hard to fit in
>>
>>93903918
most of mine don't but I have one that bends in weird ways from nu-kamigawa so maybe it's set by set basis or what country printer it came from. my jin is good tho
>>
>>93904185
White cards
Black people
>>
>most valuable card in my deck is a land
>its worth more than all my creatures.
>>
>>93904131
>wincon is a critical mass of creatures entirely dependent on how much blockers opponents have
>>
>>93904174
>Gameplay boils down to mulliganing for one of two (now three) cards with a less functional banlist than Vintage
Fake format.
>>
Newbie Zombies guys here, I'm not sure what to cut and if I even need these cards in this deck: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/0iQNwHb2O0KihV2jt3vPCA

I'm trying to find a spot for Mikaeus, The Unhallowed and Zombie Master... but I don't know if Zombie Master is good enough to replace anything in the deck.

Also any thoughts or feedback would be awesome.
>>
>>93904165
fuck, you're right; i need to justify it
uhhhh
A blendette would never be caught in white, as it draws too much attention to them; their dedication to remaining unseen transcends the color pie.
one could also argue that their presence is a toxic cognition hazard, spreading anger and frustration through mere proximity (being a useless piece of shit)
>>
>>93904093
The PP test.
If you're not rockhard playing cards, it's time to start over with a new deck.
>>
>>93904225
Yes, as it should be. An artifact would also be acceptable.

>>93904245
What are you on about?
>>
>>93904244
That's not really a wincon, hate to break it to you. Getting specific dudes and triumph of the hordes? Wincon. Random creatures that you hope out scale a table? Not a wincon.
>>
>>93904337
yeah at first I was about to write that I run no wincons but then I just would've gotten yelled at
>>
>>93904337
What if I'm running Selesnya tho?
>>
>>93904401
Then your wincon is getting under the table and servicing the other players.
>>
>>93904416
N-nani?
>>
>>93904215
Nice. Do inky foils look as cool as I imagine them to?
>>
>spend 38 of His Majesty's finest Great British Pounds Sterling buying singles for a new deck
>can't even get a bunch of recommended cards
>discover that a precon I thought was worthless because it's always the cheapest one online actually has a shit load of cards I was looking for
>it's £31
It's not all the cards I wanted, and actually it probably would have worked out more expensive if I'd still bought some of the other cards I picked up, but damn it would have changed my calculations.
>>
>>93899904
Wait.
You guys are building good decks?
>>
>>93904246
Well you can cut the Liliana, it's hard to get her ultimate and milling your good enchantments feels bad.
I'd also cut the commander's sphere for a dimir signet. 2 cmc rocks are your friend because if you play them on turn 2 you get your commander on turn 3.
I'd recommend cutting the butcher of malakir for a viscera seer as well, more sacrifice outlets is good.
Chill of the Grave I'd cut for a negate just a better card in general.
>>
File: 1726187212781787.jpg (28 KB, 271x271)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>93904540
Consistently. And I help out anyone who I can, most of which flat out ignore me. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
>>
>>93899932
Every girl I've known that was into mushrooms is also a supercutie
>>
>>93899904
>1st deck is just silly tribal fun
>2nd deck is really good if it gets going, otherwise just sit there being an annoyance
>3rd deck won really easily even without really hitting its stride
>all within a couple weeks of getting into EDH
>>
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 1139x1518)
295 KB
295 KB JPG
>>93904456
I think so. the white is the most reflective surface so the rainbow comes off pretty strong
I know that's not the flippy jin but foil sheoldred is there and they are both flat. I live in a pretty dry environment so curling has been a problem for me but I'm surprised even the single sided one is that straight
>>
>>93899904
9 months, "good deckbuilding" isn't a goal, if you want to build a good deck you use the obviously good cards. it's just that simple. i want to use cards i rarely see with themes i like instead.
>>
>>93904555
so you force shit down people's throats that did not ask for it?
what a waste of trips
>>
>>93904624
They always ask for it, practically begging most of the time. And I'm happy to help them get better. But a lot of people just want their ego stroked and dont actually want help when they ask.

>>93904617
This is exactly the opinion someone who has played under a year would have.
>>
>>93899904
Probably about 10 years.
The reason it took me so long is i had to realize the cards i like are not good.
My first deck was Kaervek the Merciless and was full of stuff that makes the games go quicker like forsaken wastes, wound reflections, havoc festival and everlasting torment specifically because i didn't like the format and thought games took too long.
So you know. I had a 7 drop commander.
Truely an amazing deck builder.
>>
>azorius
>boros
>dimir
>golgari
>gruul
>izzet
>orzhov
>rakdos
>selesnya
>simic

For each of these, explain what you assume about a person when they say it is their favorite color identity.
>>
File: skeleglasses.png (71 KB, 181x203)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>93904246
Curse of Restless Dead can be fun if you put it on someone that likes to ramp lands, but you're spending 3 mana to do nothing immediately, and the payoff is only a lone decayed zombie, it's not too exciting.
As much as I love Champion of the Perished, and Unbreathing Horde, they just amount to big guys that can hit hard, and you don't have many payoffs for them? Like, making them burst into a lot of tokens with Carrion, or flinging them with Rite of Consumption would be cool, but from what I'm seeing they're just big grugs you can hit stuff with - good if you can get them with your evasion-granting lords (Geralf, Hordewing), but they anti-synergy with Mikaeus (They'll probably have counters when they die, so no Undying benefit)
I personally don't like the Amass cards, since the associated amonkhet lords only give their benefits to tokens, and Zombie Army tokens just amount to one slowly-growing big fella - not too exciting. Further, it seems like the only token creators you have are pumping out basic decayed zombies, the standard 2/2s, zombie army and the occasional copy from Cleaver Skaab? You're giving some pretty strong keywords to less than stellar creations.
Butcher of Malakir is 7 mana, and while it synergizes with the sacrifice focus your deck has, that's way too expensive.
Ghoul's Night Out depends on your opponents - you could grab some sick giant dino, or nothing if they're spellslinger; just seems unreliable, to me. Anti-synergy with Poppet Factory.
Poppet w/ Wilhelt is gud, tho.

Some cards you might wanna look at idk YMMV:
Unholy Grotto is like, 10bux, but it lets you put a zombie on the top of your deck for one black
Secluded Courtyard is a tribal land, but you're only in two colours so you might not need it.
Lazotep Plating is Amass 1, and gives all permanents + yourself hex proof
I personally love Necroduality, and Reflections of Littjara in my zombie decks, but they're a bit expensive, in cash and mana respectively.
>>
>>93904657
>>azorius
They like U/W
>>boros
They like W/R
>>dimir
They like U/B
>>golgari
They like G/B
>>gruul
They like G/R
>>izzet
They like R/U
>>orzhov
They like B/W
>>rakdos
They like R/B
>>selesnya
They like dick
>>simic
They like U/G
>>
>>93904652
you are either going to post an example deck that has obviously good cards in it holding the jank together or you are going to post an ass list that only wins in your local meta and we're going to have to take your word that it's functional
>>
>>93904692
Why do you think that?
>>
>>93904691
Truly you are a master of insight
>>
>>93904709
because if there was some secret skill to making good decks CEDH would not be so homogeneous and individual players would have a bigger fingerprint on the meta
>>
>>93904657
>azorius
gay
>boros
based
>dimir
gay
>golgari
based
>gruul
based
>izzet
gay
>orzhov
gay
>rakdos
based
>selesnya
extra gay
>simic
gay

now do the triads
>>
>>93904733
>now do the triads
I suspect I can guess some of your answers
>>
>>93904733
Opinion on Jund
>>
>>93904721
That has nothing to do with me or my opinions and is a vast (incorrect) assumption about a topic you are evidently inexperienced in. Full dunning kruger charlatan-san. You didnt even ask what I thought, you had already assumed some nonsense for arbitrary reasons, and likewise, so will your decks.
>>
>>93904751
omega based best color group
>>
I baked new, we're not going to 400 this time.

>>93904793
>>93904793
>>93904793
>>
>>93904657
>azorius
Depends on a wide variety of factors, but I would say a petty tyrant.
>boros
Aggro player from another format and generally silly.
>dimir
Cool guy, probably has a shirt with a skull on it, and thinks he's a genius despite low grades and mid iq.
>golgari
Cool skull guy variant 2, nurgle cultist edition. Has a fridge full of moldy food and smokes weed.
>gruul
Metacontrarian, very low skill level.
>izzet
The worst parts of MaRo and Rick and Morty, but a guy. Will absolutely waste your time, probably wont win the game.
>orzhov
Either they like big tiddy goths, or they're lawful evil psychos, but lack the ability to be taken seriously.
>rakdos
Has a knife on him right now. Also punches holes in his drywall.
>selesnya
Uncreative, bland, and generally boring.
>simic
The worst parts of izzet, but also the worst parts of selesnya. Big fag.
>>
>>93903832
>low skill
So cheating by mana weaving is a skill now is it?
>>
>>93906243
No, but making your deck with the proper amount of lands in it is a skill.

Playing slower decks with slower game plans that mitigate land luck problems is also a skill.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.