[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: emrakul-the-world-anew.jpg (133 KB, 672x936)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Previously: >>94008712

Eldrazi edition

>OFFICIAL Commander website, where you can learn the rules, see the current banlist, and read the format philosophy, laid down by the rules committee:
https://mtgcommander.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen color identity.
http://mtglands.com

>Deck List Sites: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck strategy and card choices.
https://www.archidekt.com
https://www.moxfield.com

>CARD SEARCH
https://scryfall.com

>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM

>How to proxy using any printer
https://mtgprint.cardtrader.com

>TQ:
Do you play any Eldrazi?
>>
>>94012662
God I may be dumb, but at least I dont argue about what stax is with people who obviously know more than I do.
>>
>TQ
no, because the location provider for our games hates them witha passion and if I played them I wouldnt get invited anymore.
>>
File: 217.png (1.22 MB, 641x829)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>
File: jmp-169-rhystic-study.jpg (169 KB, 672x936)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
I'd like to see Rhystic Study banned next, even if that means less Terese art in my 99s.
>>
>>94012713
As much as I like Terese I've never liked this art
>>
File: smokestack-23380.jpg (131 KB, 298x431)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>94012675
Do you run pic related? Youre a stax deck!
You dont? Not a stax deck.
Ez
>>
File: yepitscomandtime.jpg (198 KB, 1599x899)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
You guys are all bots, show me a picture of a commander table where you were playing.
>>
>>94012662
I have an azlask deck that's pretty fun. A couple people at my table don't like it but they're idiots so usually all I have to do is sit there and do nothing for awhile before they turn on each other like rabid dogs and I can swoop in to play cleanup
>>
This card needs haste.
>>
I'm dumb. If don't gain life can I still reanimate a 0 cmc creature or does the ability require life to have been gained to trigger?
>>
>>94012747
B-but what if I run lodestone golem, sphere of resistance and trinisphere?
>>
>>94012753
Sorry sweaty, that would break cedh
>>
>>94012753
>one of the best commanders ever printed needs to be buffed
No, I dont think so.
>>
>>94012773
that's not Edgar markov
>>
File: etali.png (558 KB, 1384x1061)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
I've decided to build Etali. Are there any dinoGODS in chat? Share your spicy techs
>>
>>94012780
https://edhrec.com/commanders/etali-primal-conqueror
>>
File: 1000001383.jpg (142 KB, 756x1008)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>94012749
i don't like having my phone out during games but i'm not a bot
also organize your board ffs
>>
>>94012764
MUD control I dont see whats so hard to comprehend anon
>>
>>94012737
It's admittedly one of her less compelling pieces
>>
>>94012766
>he still doesnt know what stax or a hatebear are, or why they're different because he googled something and came to his own conclusion
Classic. Reminds me of the passfag saying teramorphic expanse was a fetch or that one guy who really wanted to call voltron decks tron decks for some reason.
>>
Thirty (30) starting life is objectively superior to fourty (40)
>>
File: Arcane.jpg (3.04 MB, 3000x4707)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB JPG
>>94012662
So as I was talking about right as the last thread was ending, I am doing 4 customised commander decks to hopefully print and play with friends. I'd like some of your opinion. 4chan decided that simply linking the previous posts is spam for some reason so I am going to repost the images instead of using image hosting
Deck 1 : Arcane BRG (Spirit+Splice Unto)
>>
>terramorphic expanse is a fetchland.
>thalia is a hatebear but not stax.
>cedh is not upset about the ban, its casuals
>>
File: Directoire.jpg (2.9 MB, 3000x4707)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB JPG
>>94012854
Yes, 7 attempts at "reformatting" later it worked out. Simply need to put all of them separately instead of linking my previous posts...

> Deck 2 : Directoire WUR (Wide token + Equipment + Keyword sharing)
>>
Gay Bolas
>>
Does this work with devour? Specific context is a thromok deck.
>>
File: Holy.jpg (2.76 MB, 3000x4707)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
>>94012854
>>94012885
Well it seems it works.. so sorry for the spam again.
> Deck 3 : Holy WBG (Copy dying creatures + ETBs)
>>
File: TriCrown.jpg (3.16 MB, 3000x5230)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
>>94012854
>>94012885
>>94012899
> Deck 4 : TriCrown URG (Counting colours in Monocoloured permanent)
>>
>>94012753
It does, you just need to pay wubrg for it :)
>>
>gains health points
>dies
>>
If you feel a compulsive need to justify why your deck isn't stax, it's stax.
>>
>>94012780
Solved commander. There is no spicy tech
>>
>>94012943
I'm just slowing the game down its not stax
>>
>>94012943
>my xenagos deck isnt stax, I dont run any removal!
Get him boys, he said his deck wasnt stax, it must be stax.
>>
>>94012737
Yea that guy looks like a gay Jeff Hardy.
>>
>>94012762
There's no intervening "if you gained life this turn", so it will still trigger and still be able to turn a 0-drop if you gained no life.
>>
File: b312546746.jpg (239 KB, 1690x732)
239 KB
239 KB JPG
Same energy.
>>
>>94012895
A creature entering with counters on it is considered to have those counters placed on it. It works.
>>
You have apologized to her, haven't you anon?
>>
>>94013016
Lol no. That's why Zabaz's replacement effect doesn't work on himself.
>>
>>94013026
>seconds before he gets used as a battering ram
>>
File: I love stax.png (553 KB, 531x534)
553 KB
553 KB PNG
I love stax because
a) it's a challenge. A poorly-timed Smokestack or Orb will absolutely get you killed, and once you attempt a serious lock you are guaranteed to be the game's archenemy.
b) it's fun to see how the table handles a stax presence. When you're an unabashedly terrible influence on the game, people usually have to work together to escape your clutches, and that's kind of exciting. Interaction becomes highly pronounced. More generally-
c) it completely rewrites how the game is played, in a way few other archetypes can. In a format loaded with big splashy plays, it's cool to be able to focus on the small- the difference between having a bounceland or a basic when Winter Orb is present, forcing people to be extremely careful in choosing which spells to invest precious mana in, being able to produce just one token a turn to feed to Smokestack or Tangle Wire, etc.
d) you're playing an extreme deck, a notorious one, and there's a certain allure to that. Whatever the other players want to do, you will put them in their place; you're the guy telling the whole world No.
>>
>>94013026
Who? Is that the bitch sacrificed for the sins of the rc?
>>
>>94012974
>solved
Not anymore, not with Dockside being banned. Combo lines need to be reworked and a few need to be outright pruned. Same is true for a lot of red decks.
>>
File: 1725924863115107.jpg (160 KB, 672x936)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
https://www.archidekt.com/decks/9354378/marvin

https://www.archidekt.com/decks/9171279/arabeella

These are my two new decks. Wepl Arabella I've put together it'll get some tweaks of course but I'm more or less happy with it. Marvin is still in a refining state but yes these are my new decks thanks for looking! Feel free to tear them apart
>>
>>94013049
Dockside ban didn't change much for etali though. Just use tried and true food chain loops!
>>
>>94013039
>Whatever the other players want to do, you will put them in their place; you're the guy telling the whole world No.
Edgy...
>>
>>94012839
Why do you admit to not actually playing every thread?
>>
>>94013026
As an additional cost to cast Fling, sacrifice a creature.
>>
>>94013016
>>94013036

Sorry, absolutely confused it. Zabaz is another case. You are right, it is considered as placing the counters. C.R. 122.6.
>>
>>94013039
I like stax because I'm a dick and it activates my pleasure centers. It reminds me of anime:
>oh ho ho, you may be stronger, faster, and a better swordsman, but that matters little because we're fighting in the poison swamp!
>I've spent my whole life building up a slight immunity to its virrulent powers, and despite being slow, my giant feet ensure I'll never be stuck in the mud, your defeat is inevitable!
>>
For me, it's Jeweled Lotus. The best commander mana rock. I even ask if I can start with it in my hand and the lgs is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

The first time I cast a Jeweled Lotus I activated it and got three mana. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly lgs worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the lgs greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me turn one Jeweled Lotus. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local game store, I go there at least 3 times a week for commander and a few games of cube, 1-2 times for cedh on the weekend, and maybe once for fnm when I'm in a rush but want a great game that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily competitive needs.

I even put my Jeweled Lotus in my Norin deck, it's powerful! What a great card.
>>
>>94013143
>/ck/ on MY /tg/?
>It's more likely than you think.
>>
File: mana-rocks.png (1.99 MB, 894x927)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
>>94012662
I use proxies but keep binders of real cards with 1 of each good card, all super well organised. I get to collect, without ever buying more than 1 of each card

It's nice to look through a binder while deck building, but I don't use the real cards in the decks, I just order the deck as proxies for $15

This is an example of what a page looks like in my artifact binder. The other pages are the various cycles of artifacts, like the talismans, signets, batteries, medallions, ramos artifacts, cameos, diamonds, borderposts, lockets, keyrunes, cluestones, the various myr, banners, obelisks, monuments, crystals, totems, and the last pages are just artifacts I like. I custom made the label cards for each cycle online so it looks nice.

I do the same thing with a binder filled with a couple pages of each color, so I have my favorite cards physically at hand for deck building

The third binder is lands organised by land cycle.

I stopped collecting after they blacked Kaldheim though. They insulted Europeans so I'm officially done buying product, fuck um. Every professional magic player is clearly a unironic cuk
>>
>>94012662
Yes. I run Promised end as a game-ender in starscream.
I also use Eternal scourge in an anti-removal deck.
>>
>>94013143
>The best commander mana rock
Anon, I.....
>>
>>94012780
One of the worst, most cancerous cards ever printed. I've played against most commanders and this one is my least favorite. I hate this fucking card so much.
>>
>>94013143
>For me, it's Jeweled Lot-ACK
>>
>>94013263
but anon, it's only as strong as the rest of the table
you're playing fair cards over there right?
>>
>>94013268
Yes actually, when people bribery me they literally insult me on how bad the options are. No duh, you need the WHOLE deck for it to work it's called a counter theft strategy boy-o. Now take that e wit and try again on someone else like a man
>>
>>94013268
Yeah 4 cards for free is only unfair if others are playing unfair cards definitely!
>>
File: new-deck.png (1.43 MB, 904x915)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
Rate my hate deck
>>
>>94012834
I mean evolving wilds and terra are fetch lands, If all I have in my graveyard is a evolving wilds I'm still happy to abuse the shit out of it with azusa/crucible. They're not like good fetch lands but they are fetching me a land... What am I missing here?
>>
File: mrd-204-mesmeric-orb.jpg (198 KB, 672x936)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>94013312
7/10. Bretty gud, but there are depths of hatred you've yet to experience.
>>
>>94013331
everyone loves happy fun ball
>>
>>94013321
You're right, teramorphic fetches a land, but a fetchland is a coloquial name for a specific group of onslaught/zendikar lands that grab two specific typed lands. He went on a giant elaborate rant about why that was wrong.
>>
>>94013331
No no, the cards need to be related to IRL hate, because I hate nu-wizards and their gay faggy diversity shit
>>
>>94013312
>Hate deck
>No Hatred

No Hatred/10
>>
>>94013312
What B/W Commander should this use? I plan on most creatures being colorless or 'treated as colorless' so all is dust will be one sided
>>
File: file.jpg (162 KB, 672x936)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>94013387
>>
>>94013058
i like to respond to people posting decks, so here you go: the majority of your cards in your arabela deck are white, but you have the same ratio on basic lands being plains and mountains, which is just mathematically wrong. You need to change that asap, remove some mountains and maybe put some cool dual lands like filters, etc. Also, anim pakal should go in your deck asap, they are like made for each other, kek
>>
>>94013356
I'm tempted to make a case myself but I dont really wanna argue it. I guess I would have to ask what do you call them then and what about the newer ones like the eldraine one and prismatic vista? Like what is prismatic vista if not a fetchland by name? Just prismatic vista?
>>
>>94013432
Actually pulled Anim from a random pack yesterday so I had that thought as well, definitely will now! As for lands I just put em in so I know what my card count is at. Thanks for looking!!!!
>>
>>94013450
(same anon)You know what just thinking about it if you said to me >"they're reprinting THE fetchlands
I would know what you're talking about. But if someone told me
>"You need more fetchlands in that deck" I would be thinking "oh ok evolving wilds, prs-vista-etc etc etc qualify"

So to me I think it's contextual like "fetchlands" is a catagory but THE fetchlands are like the real big boy ones. Does this make sense to anyone?
>>
>>94012662
Yes. I use Annihilate 20 library Ulamog as my creature topend in Omo that can make a shit ton of mana on turn 5+. Would add another Eldrazi titan, but no more room.
>>
>>94012675
>>94012834
>>94012980
>>94013154
>>94013295
i know hatebears are creature cards with stax effects which makes them stax permanents which makes them stax cards
i know that stax is a deck strategy which can use but is not limited to or exclusively comprised of tax, sac, tap, hate cards, and to lesser extents removal and counter spells, mill, discard, wheel, and more. not all cards with these mechanics are stax but when they are synergized into a deck that's overall strategy is stax, they are cohesive to that type of playstyle. i also know that all the hatebear's named thalia have stax effects, they are stax cards. i know that you, being retarded, trying to imply that because thalia gaurdian of thraben wasnt listed on the stax wiki it isnt stax, but thalia heretic cathar an almost identical hatebear with a stax effect was in fact listed in the stax wikipedia page making your implication completely retarded and pointless. i know that many many people define hatebears as stax creatures. i know that stax refers to several different things. i even learned about the vintage deck the $4k solution, which was called stax because it notably utilized smokestack to lock the opponents out by forcing them to sac, i know that this all started because i had referred to some retards shitty vren stax deck (https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Fg8IndsNHEucB7E3rbjmWg) that relied on forcing opponents to sac, graveyard hate cards, tax cards like rhystic, opposition agent, lockout effects through forced sac, etc. it's a shit deck but it was played against precons at a low power table, it seemed obvious to me a stax-y strategy. he even previously had cards like propoganda in it. and while i understand again, a card like rhystic is not a stax piece but an optional tax piece it's the sum of all parts that make a deck, and the overall playstyle made me say stax like. then it devolved into these bums trying to say hatebears aren't stax. despite their own defintions making them such. zZzZz
>>
File: otc-304-krosan-verge.jpg (148 KB, 672x936)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
>>94013513
>but THE fetchlands are like the real big boy ones
No because even if the word basic is excluded in the text, this is a fetchland. Obviously its not the category of fetchland you are thinking of.
>>
>>94013312
>>94013387
Is this even a question? You better be running every card that has a negative effect towards "nonwhites", too. Crackdown, for one.
>>
>>94012662
>9000 decks in edhrec
Is this guy actually good, or do mtg players just have a boner for the Fallout set?
>>
>>94013529
Wow that sure is long and autismal. Glad you learned something.
>>
>>94013553
I would agree with what you're saying mostly. But are you telling me that if wotc came out and said "we're reprinting the fetch lands" you would expect to see krosan verge in the bunch? Because I wouldn't. But I would not try to refute you if you said "krosan verge is a fetchland" because it by definition can fetch a land. Unless you disagree with the anon who started this whole line of thinking or if you are him which confuses me even more honestly.
>>
>>94013566
UB commanders always get a lot of deck lists, especially if they're the face of a precon.
>>
>>94013566
Insanely popular character from huge IP.
Gameplan is also fairly unique. Should have been esper though.
>>
Another one bites the dust.
>>
>>94013578
House was in a precon but he wasn't the commander for it. That was Caesar.
>>
>>94013582
Fair enough, I've never seen anyone run that precon without house, I've never looked into it to buy it for myself because I'm not interested in UB.
>>
>>94013580
Who?
>>
>>94013580
>CAG resignation
Damn I though a RC member for a second and got excited to see the chaos and speculation. Nothingburger
>>
>>94013572
Sorry to confuse you. I am more so thinking if wotc were to hypothetically say "we are completing the judgment cycle of fetchlands." And people do associate judgment as part of odyssey which might give false hype.
>>
>>94013580
I'm going to start saying I'm on the CAG because I'll have all the same authority as an actual CAG member (none, people will just think I'm important)
>>
The store I play commander at has ruled 0 the bans except for Nadu.
>>
>>94013580
So, two women have resigned? I can't help but feel this is a net positive....
>>
>>94013450
Yeah I'd just call them by name, unless they're the panoramas or slow fetches, which are their own cycle.
>>
>>94013610
Ok interesting so if I were to say "prismatic vista is a fetchland" would you say that is a true or false statement. Not trying to get you or anything I'm just genuinely curious
>>
>>94013604
The other three cards have a worse effect on the format then Nadu did.
>>
>>94013615
I'd say false. Verdant catacombs is a fetchland. If you said "prismatic vista fetches a land" I'd say true, since the action of fetching is completed by the vista, but it doesnt have the categorizarion as a fetchland, if that makes sense.
>>
>>94013618
Nadu's more just a play experience thing, because it's a non-deterministic potentially game-winning combo, so you can't just shortcut to the end, you HAVE to play it out, etc.
>>
>>94012713
Me too girlfriend. The less bigots and racist in MTG the better. The banned those old stupid old racist cards, there is no reason to keep this bigots art in the game.
>>
>>94013615
It is a card that fetches a land, and so calling it a fetchland is not incorrect, however it is not a member of the group of 10 cards people think of immediately when "fetchlands" are referred to as a category. It's like how you can point at an ostrich and say "that's a bird" but when you say "look at that bird" people are gonna assume it's something akin to a sparrow.
>>
>>94013625
Ok yeah it gives me a clearer picture to what you're saying. I dont know that I agree with it but I do see the logic behind it
>>
>>94013618
Why hasn't Thassa's Oracle been ban yet?
>>
>>94013580
I see this as an absolute win
>>
>>94013642
Uh we need her for demonic consult to work?? helloo???
>>
>>94013568
>wow that sure is long and autismal
funny, your mom previously said the same thing about my cock
>>
File: 200w.gif (719 KB, 200x268)
719 KB
719 KB GIF
An unfortunate scene: people with autism are debating semantics and ill-defined lingo near you.
>>
>>94013642
It's fine for casuals according to the rc. Take it up with them.
>>
>>94013580
2 down, 10 to go.
>>
>>94013637
Interesting as well. I think I'm closer to your thinking but both >>94013637 and >>94013625 have slightly different views on this it seems.
>>
>>94013642
It's less of a problem than the 1 mana combo pieces like demonic consultation that play differently than what was originally intended.
>>
>>94013609
Shittalk JLK all you want but that man has consistently had the most based takes out of anyone else in the format. Said Jew Lotus was a retarded idea from the get go, but also called them retards for banning it after everyone bought one, got used to it existing, and then had the rug yanked out from under their feet with absolutely no heads up.
>>
>>94013671
>he had the consistently based takes
Wasn't he the fag who said there should be no commander damage?
>>
>>94013580
kek what is the point in these kind of "statements" i could see it in an internal email maybe but posting it publicly like anybody fucking asked or cares is just embarrassing. literally who?
>>
>>94013566
well. rolling a 6 isnt hard. especially with advantage.
>>
>>94013661
>Thoracle is fine in casual
>Mana crypt isn't even tho games last longer and players have more time to catch up with pricier ramp effects
Wut
>>
>>94013689
Idk what to tell you man, I dont make the rules.
>>
>>94013659
mfw
>>
>>94013679
The mechanic that's a massive pain in the ass to track and usually isn't relevant because 21 damage from a single source kills you anyway?
>>
>>94013689
I mean if it makes you feel better I vote right now to ban thoracle? Also sol ring too. I mean for what it's worth at least... (nothing)
>>
>retards crying about what is or isn't stax
>when they probably can't even say where the term came from
Pottery
>>
>>94013689
>Someone plays ManaCrypt.
>Me spending 1 red mana to destroy it.
>Or spending 2 mana on Null Rod.
>or 4 on Karn.
>>
>>94013704
Sounds like fag talk.
>>
>>94013554
Racist
>>
File: 51yJVEokMdL._AC_.jpg (23 KB, 500x375)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>94013704
Bro, your spindowns?
>>
File: 1727445819970867.png (310 KB, 609x588)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>They'll reverse the bans. My investments are safe. They'll reverse the bans. My cardboard isn't worthless. They'll reverse the bans.....
>>
>>94013715
He's mixed color so it's not racist
>>
>>94013704
>distributing +1/+1 counters across boards is fine
>creating hundreds of different types of tokens is fine
>but using a three d20's to track commander damage is where I draw the line
?????
>>
File: kLbaRwp.gif (1.26 MB, 389x292)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB GIF
>>94013715
>>
>>94013730
>three
Are you forgetting partners?! That's six (6) d20 (twenty) needed!!!
>>
File: picture-3342962719.php.jpg (229 KB, 672x936)
229 KB
229 KB JPG
>>94013708
i posted where it came from a dozen times during that god awful "debate"
the $4k solution vintage deck
which was called $4ks (sacs as in sacrificing which morphed into the term stax cause picrel)

smokecrack
>>
>>94013704
but commander damage is just three more flavors of poison.
>>
>>94013722
They will just wait
>>
>>94013659
This happened with a friend and Dualcaster Mage + Starfall Invocation. He refused to accept that he might be wrong and called the WOTC customer support line and asked an employee/judge at one of the LGSes to verify because he didn't trust the other judge (despite using said judge's opinions whenever it benefits him).
>>
I'm going to go to a new lgs tomorrow and im going to buy 1 (one) booster
>>
>>94013720
>And this spindown is for anon's commander
>And this spindown is for anita's commander
>And this spindown is for anuan's commander
>And this spindown is for my commander tax
>And these two spindowns are for my life total
>And this spindown is for my energy
>And this spindown is for my infect
>And this spindown is actually a D20 for when I need to roll for effects
>...
>Aw crap someone bumped the table does anyone remember what all these were at?
Yeah, what's so hard to keep track of, idgi
>>
>>94013760
>>94013720
>Spindown trackers
ok boomers
>>
>>94013751
Dockside can get reverted. JewLo can suck it
>>
>>94013748
>Implying most voltron kills weren't already just buttfucking someone with tainted strike, making commander damage irrelevant already
>>
>>94013760
That's the name of the game.
>>
>>94013767
Weird take honestly but I salute your soon to be waning optimism.
>>
>>94013754
So what is problem with dualcaster with invocation?
>>
Here's how I definite them
>"Fetch"
A land whose primary purpose isn't to produce mana, but to instead search another land
>"Bad fetch"
Same as above, but somewhere along the line, something will unconditionally enter tapped (and not immediately untap, you Fabled Passage clowns), and/or require mana for the effect.
>>
>>94013772
okay :)
>>
>>94013772
sorry but wrong
>>
>>94013760
>>94013720
>imagine being such a brainlet that you can't keep track of all that without dice anyway
Retards like you should have been gatekept, are you even able to read the text on the cards you play and comprehend what the cards do?
>>
>>94013772
Whatever fag. I'll keep winning with evo wilds just to make you seethe.
>>
>>94013785
In the right landfall deck evo can make it fucking bleed baby
>>
>>94013784
It's not about being able to keep track of it, it's about being accountable with the amounts so no one disputes it.
>>
>>94013730
>>94013765
>>94013769
Except why just complicate the game more with information that isn't going to matter when 21 damage from one source is probably gonna kill you anyway?
>>
>>94013771
Probably infinite wraths and infinite ETBs and LTBs.
>>
>>94013799
>>94013798
>>
>>94013784
Commander damage isn't even on the text of a single card in the game, you dumb nigger
>>
>>94013798
This kind of shit does not happen unless you play with cheaters or retards.
>>
>>94013784
>are you even able to read the text on the cards you play and comprehend what the cards do?
Not really, no
>>
>>94013805
>>94013733
>>
>>94013800
So it works? I guess that is kind of an interesting deckout strategy as each time you wrath, you just force a player to draw a card.
>>
>>94013805
>>94013784
Smart people don't waste time remembering things when they can just use dice to do it for them. No one is impressed by your larp
>>
>>94013799
They should change it that landing 21 commander damagemakes you win the game instead. As a joke.
>>
>>94013816
Making just one player lose is more fun though
>>
>>94013803
I wasn't referring to commander damage being on cards, retard. I was implying that retards like you have problem comprehending text. Guess you're also one of them.
>>
>>94013814
>muh dice
ok boomer
>>
>>94013771
Well, because of the way gifts work (don't target) and the way copies work (they copy everything chosen for the original, even if those choices become illegal), unless you have Impact Tremors or a way to kill Dualcaster, you make one person draw his deck and lose, then the game ends in a tie (because you must reanimate Dualcaster with the copied gift-Invocation, and he must copy the gift-Invocation, and gift doesn't target so you can't say that someone else draws now). My friend insisted that he could make one person draw out, then switch the gift to another opponent, until he was the only winner. He even blatantly misremembered the previous discussion we had about the combo were the conclusion was "that doesn't seem to work, you should research it" to be "yeah you're so cool and based and we're just salty about losing"
>>
>>94013744
The name literally comes from $T4KS (STAKS), not the card smokestack or some semantic change from "sac".
The name of this deck truly gatekeeps refugees from knowers. Humorous how you could be so close and still be wrong.
>>
>>94013838
Ah okay that makes more sense.
>>
>>94013811
There's a ruling on Starfall Invocation about it, anon, so if those are checked (which you always should in these kinds of situations), you'd get an answer fast. Anyway:
>If you copy a spell for which the gift was promised, the gift was also promised to the same opponent for the copy. If a card or token enters as a copy of a permanent that's already on the battlefield, the gift isn't promised for that new permanent, even if it was promised for the original.
>>
>>94013806
Based GruulChad
>>
>>94013848
Um wrong.
>The staks is the game zone where spells and abilities are put when they are played and where they wait to resolve.[1][2][3] The staks system allows players to "respond" to the actions of other players before those actions take full effect, enabling interactive gameplay even with "instantaneous" effects.
>>
>>94013821
Nah I can just imagine the fear of the table when the next attack of your commander may turn it into a Thoracle.
>>
File: nophone.png (648 KB, 1280x720)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
>All these brainlets who use dice to record life + commander damage when there are good apps like lifetap.
>>
>>94013825
And I was using what you said as a springboard to make a point that this mechanic is so bad and the design time has so little investment in it they haven't interacted with the mechanic ONCE. They could've made a 'Billy, Squire of Commanders' that was a creature with the ability to do commander damage, or they could've made 'Staff of the Commander' as an artifact to make a creature deal commander damage. But they didn't, clearly because it's a shitty mechanic that doesn't really matter at the end of the day- because as I said, 21 damage isn't really relevant since that just kill a player anyway. And even then it isn't relevant because the gameplan for a serious voltron deck is just 'sneak in infect and win' because it's easier.
>>
File: 9kvzgd1jqek51.jpg (35 KB, 1010x542)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
There was nothing wrong with Jeweled Lotus or Mana Crypt. If you're so butt bothered about people sometimes being able to play their commanders quickly then you can fuck off you crybabies.
>>
>>94013892
they're taking pictures and video of their games with them to prove to us they arent bots
>>
File: 1726452155433445.jpg (158 KB, 1080x1105)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>94013884
Nice. Very nice.
>>
>>94013898
Um ackhtually they're banned so now YOU can fuck off buddy. Your commander is BANNED
>>
>>94013892
I don't like using electronics, though.
>>
>>94013892
>Oh wow, I kept track of your commander's damage all game on my SUPER COOL LIFE TAP APP, but it didn't fucking matter because that last 15 damage you did would've killed me anyway because there are 2 other opponents on the table dealing damage to me
>>
>>94013898
>If you're so butt bothered about people sometimes being able to play their commanders quickly then you can fuck off you crybabies.
Commander-centric gameplans in my commander games?
That goes against the spirit of the format!
>>
>>94013898
Sorry bus. Might I recommend learning to play the early game instead of accelerating your mana to turn 7?
>>
>>94013898
>Ban Mana Crypt.
>Ignore Mana Vault.
>>
>>94013898
There was nothing wrong with the mana curve. If you're so butt bothered about people playing spells on curve you can fuck off you crybabies
>>
>>94013913
You think taht's bad, just wait till they reprint it in the next set
>>
>>94013913
Mana vault is a couple tiers under mana crypt in raw power.
>>
>>94013898
How exactly is it better for the format to randomly have games where your commander comes out 5 turns faster?
>>
>>94013919
>they reprint it in the next set
>investorfags suddenly get nervous
>>
It would be rather funny if the marvel set came with a fast mana rock that ended up being very expensive.
>>
>>94013922
Shall we consult the RC?
> We aren't trying to eliminate all explosive starts—it happening every once in a while is exciting

It is exciting and the spirit of the format. Problem?
>>
>>94013913
>Dark ritual that you have to pay 4 to use again is comparable to 2 mana for free every turn
If you shake your head, does your brain make a rattling noise like a bean in an empty can?
>>
>>94013838
Your friend is correct. That is 100% how the interaction works
>>
>>94013894
Yeah, it's gonna be a no from me, chump.
>>
>>94013932
Pretty good chance of that, can't wait for the threads
>wtf wotc!!!! how could you make me have to buy this card!!!!
>I bought 6 of them but dont think this means i forgive you!!!
>I'm not even going to open a lot of these boxes i bought!!!
>>
>>94013922
Oh no another player had a lucky draw! We can't have that! Fucking deal with it then if a player gets ahead.
>>
File: l-intro-1599249167.jpg (164 KB, 1600x900)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>94013951
>Fucking deal with it then if a player gets ahead.
I did, though. I complained to the RC and they exiled your card, forever. That's called interaction, nerd.
>>
>>94013785
Hey if you like it, it's all good. It's not optimal but EDH isn't always about that.
>>
>>94013943
Wrong. You can't switch the gift getter when you copy a gifted spell.
>>
File: 1684410929171.png (340 KB, 417x380)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
>cardboard isn't a safe investment!?!?!?
>>
File: 1622073811539.png (540 KB, 865x655)
540 KB
540 KB PNG
>>94013898
I'll say this- even though I don't agree and think these bans are fine, you don't dump them all at once. This is supposed to be an eternal format, so axing 4 cards that pile up to about $500 all at once is ridiculous. If the had banned monke now, then Jew Lotus a few months later, then Mana Crypt finally, this shit would've felt way more acceptable.
>>
>>94013965
>Crybabies
Yup that's you, anon.
>>
>>94013992
It is we just need to wait for them to reverse the bans
>>
>>94013938
Manifold Keys, Voltaic Servant, Aphetto Alchemist, Unwinding Clocks I can go on.

Why are you paying 4 mana you idjit.
>>
>>94013997
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>94014006
Also Manavault prices have spiked over 100 dollars since the bans.

RC did fucking nothing to curb fast lands.
>>
>>94014006
>this card is really good!
>...........if you have this other card!!!
Way to refute your own argument
>>
>>94013915
This would only make sense if all ramp was banned and not just the one you don't like anon!
>>
Just watched the new tcc video. Why does everyone keep going on and on about muh death threats? Yes you shouldn't do that, but do they really have to keep going on and on about it like Iran put a fatwa on their head, or there's going to be some schizo in their backseat ready to garrot them? Death threats like this are always just some guy laughing while he does it and thinks it's edgy and funny. If anything going on and on about them helps validate them and give them more unnecessary attention. If I got death threats from a trading card community I would think it was funny.
>>
>>94013932
It would be funny if the Infinity Gauntlet was a colorless wincon in the same vein like TOR being a colorless draw engine
>>
Had 0 rizz to skibidi with the moth I had to kidnap the little black girl instead :(
Not very demure....
>>
>>94014006
What do you have to pay to play those cards anon?
>>
>>94014035
It's a deflection tactic I think we all know it
>>
File: drk-77-gaea-s-touch.jpg (271 KB, 672x936)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Post fast mana
>>
>>94013996
Me when I look at a YGO banlist and see 8 cards that cost $50 go on the Forbidden list in one day yet nobody loses confidence in their purchases.
>>
>>94013979
Targets are chosen upon resolution the only copy able characteristic is giving a gift
>>
>>94014040
My Walmart and Target stopped selling magic entirely.
>>
>>94013331
Bro, Timmys REALLY freak out about this card.
>>
>>94013331
God I hate this gay card
>>
>>94014035
>Why does everyone keep going on and on about muh death threats?
Because reddit and pretty much every talking head for magic is part of the diehard liberal 'protect trans kids crowd,' ofc that's gonna extend to cyberbullying is le bad.
Not like the other side disagrees though- we're just less quick to point it out because the type of humor here is 'I'll rape your corpse for banning cards in my children's card game' so we're not phased by it
>>
>>94014061
kek >>94014066
>>
>>94014057
Yeah but they reprint their main set expensive cards a year after release that's why they're so low
Magic only has masters for reprint sets and they're way more expensive so the reprints don't lower the prices as much
Hopefully Foundations fixes that in November (it probably won't)
>>
>>94014059
>Retarded company demands $40/box for unplayable dogshit precons and gives you no MSRP so you're just guessing how much people are actually willing to pay
>Won't let you selectively buy ones that will actually sell. You MUST buy all of them
>You have to play a fucking minigame to sell ONE line of product because its designers have their heads so far up their ass they think they're above easing the process in any way for retailers, ironically in the name of secondhand market
Yeah no shit. When they started pulling out that's why WotC scrambled to make "value boosters" AKA $10 worthless garbage that roughly matches the price of literally every other card game on the shelves.
>>
>>94013996
>I wish RC had dragged out the pain longer and made everyone scared shitliss more was coming down the pipeline
I like the way you think anon
>>
>>94013331
What's so bad about this? Oh no now I have a graveyard, you got me!
>>
>>94013331
Me shoving this card into my Netherbloom deck and making my opponents angry because I want lands in my graveyard.
>>
>>94014035
It's a tactic to deflect blame. Just like sockpuppeting casuals to take the brunt of it. And releasing a gay document. And pretending wotc knew about these bans a year in advance, despite clear indications to the contrary. And throwing one of their coworkers under the bus. Something extremely suspicious is going on, and the lack of transparency is concerning.
>>
>>94014041
Voltaic Servant? 2 mana same with the Alchemist.
>>
Our LGS store owner is having a meltie in the public discord and he's getting roasted for this.
>>
A year ago some retard argued with me that dockside wasnt an issue because it could whiff and I want to remind that faggot that I won
>>
>>94014093
>Month 1, Nadu banned
The usual muted whining from pubstompers but nothing too crazy
>Month 2, Dockside banned
Shock and awe as $200 invesment plummets. Investorfags up in arms threatening boycots and lawsuits.
>Month 3, Jeweled Lotus banned
Total disbelief as a card made entirely for Commander is no longer legal in Commander. Riots in the streets as a violent mob pickets WotC headquarters to no response, riots only kept at-bay by grass lawn outside new building.
>Month 4, Mana Crypt banned
News reports of fatties jumping from apartment windows across the world for no discernible reason.
>>
>>94014126
>obviously death threats not withstanding
Is this the new "I'm not racist, but..."
>>
>>94014143
What's funny is that he's not referring to the death threats the RC or CAG is getting, but the death threats the deranged anti-ban posters in the server are making to people who don't mind or support the bans. It's wild.
>>
>>94014132
and then the final stage, where the RC is like
>ok thats all for now

And everyone is like shaking in the corner after the beatings, some are yelling
>SOL RING IS NEXT, THEY'RE COMING FOR SOL RING NEXT MY DAD WORKS AT WOTC!!
>I heard they're bringing back banned as a commander just to ban a bunch of out favorite commanders!!
>SELL YOUR ANCIENT TOMBS!!!
>RC: No, no guys it's ok we're done now
>AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>94014126
>why would they push this card so hard
Spoken like a 40 year old card shop holder not a 14 year old lmao
>>
>>94014058
If you copy a spell for which the gift was promised, the gift was also promised to the same opponent for the copy. If a card or token enters as a copy of a permanent that's already on the battlefield, the gift isn't promised for that new permanent, even if it was promised for the original.
>>
>>94014187
LinkedIn energy
>>
>>94014162
Ancient tomb ban would be based
>>
>>94014162
>NEXT UPDATE IS GOING TO BE A SLAUGHTER LIST!!!
>THEY'RE SAYING THEY DON'T PLAN ON ANY NEW BANS SO WE CAN'T SELL!!!
>OH GOD THEY'RE MONITORING THE FORMAT!!! CHECK EDHREC NOW!!! NOTHING IN TOP 1000 IS SAFE!!!
>THEY'RE HOLDING OFF BECAUSE THEY'RE PULLING THE PLUG ON SOL RING WITH WOTC!!!
>>
>>94014126
parent of the year award right there lmao
>>
>>94014197
I dont own one and rarely see it
I guess the latter is about to change
is it really that big of a deal?
>>
>>94014126
>no!
>they banned my card
>they took my card away
>my collecting is invalid!
oh wait
>>
>>94014212
It's really good but it's honestly an entire tier below Mana Crypt, which is why it's legal in Legacy. One eats your land drop while the other doesn't.
>>
Wotc should start printing banned cards in precons
>>
>>94014212
Ancient tomb is just degenerate fast mana with a 60$ price tag attached
>>
File: cmd-64-trade-secrets.jpg (170 KB, 672x936)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>94014230
You rang?
>>
>>94014231
It's not as bad, it's guaranteed damage every time you use it instead of 50/50 and eats up your land drop. Crypt was so powerful because you could play a land to provide colored mana and then play crypt for your colorless. It's harder to get free colored mana from rocks than colorless, at least on the first turn.
>>
>>94014231
100 dollars.

Ancient Tomb, Mana Vault and a few other cards spiked in price after the bans where put into place.
>>
>>94014230
I hope they reprint them somewhere just to rub salt in the wounds. I could see wotc doing that espoecially since so many people who never owned it would be happy as fuck about it
>>
>>94014197
Tombs not a busted card though and eventually it just shuts off since you can't spare the life
>>
>>94014126
Regular crypt was $100ish at the time, why didn't he buy it and spend the other $500 on one or two entire decks? Horrible parent.
>>
>>94014256
>>94014209
You were really sheltered as a kid weren't you?
>>
I might be completely delusional but didnt they print a card in one of the 2011 precons that eventually got banned?
>>
>>94014267
I actually wasn't, and I wish I would have had a dad in the picture so I didn't make a stupid mistake like that (which I did, too). I am dumbfounded as to why a dad, especially one who owns an LGS apparently, would allow his son to make such a terrible decision with a large sum of money (for a teen) like that.
>>
>>94014267
I guess I must have been because even back then as a 14 year old I would have seen that as a scam
>>
>>94014275
Yes, >>94014237
>>
>>94014277
Why was it a bad decision anon? You can't use what happened after the fact for justification. Why in the moment, was it a bad decision to allow his child to spend the money he earned for, how he wanted to?
You are both retarded and judging the act based on the unforeseeable outcome, hindsight is 20/20 grow the fuck up. It is incredibly proper for a man to allow his child these kinds of freedoms (which is how I know you were both sheltered).
>>
>>94014277
idk how bad of a choice it was
I mean shit I did basically the same thing with a plastation 3 when it was brand new. the 60 gig version. It was so fucking awesome, had to repair it a few times and now it's sitting in pieces on my work bench cant figure out what's wrong and its probably time to throw it away.
Saving up to get someting you really want is a great thing to teach a kid, the bad beats of the banning doesnt take away the fact that the card is still super cool looking and a token of your hard work. Just because someone wont pay you MORE than what you paid for it doesnt mean its any less sentimental to you.
plus when he realizes that canlander is a better format he can spend his deck's points on mana crypt and then show off the bling.
>>
>>94014256
>>94014277
>man with no father and very likely no child passes judgement on what is or isn't a good parent
lol
>>
>>94014296
I really thought it was prime time or sylvan primordial for some reason
>>
>>94014297
A teenager could have used $600 to buy a game console, start building a PC, get a down payment on their first car, or build two or three very respectable commander decks. Parents should guide and advise their children at this age to begin making good decisions on their own. Even if it didn't get banned, dropping $600 on the chase version of a card instead of just buying $600 in packs from the set it comes from is a horrible idea. You'll not only likely get the card that you want that way, you'll have hundreds of new cards, many of which are very valuable as well, to use.
>>
>>94014297
>You can't use the argument of the parent being a long time store owner which by definition would make him aware how predatory wotc can be and how this kind of ecosystem takes advantage of people to say it was a bad decision, that's post hoc justification and I won't accept it!

Ok that's fine anon, I won't do that, I guess we can just parent our kids in different ways, yours can learn everything the hard way and mine will get all of my wisdom before they go in blind and get fucked up the ass.
>>
>>94014304
No games memes aside, a PS3 is a mich, much better purchase than a single $600 card.
>>
>>94014320
>yours can learn everything the hard way and mine will get all of my wisdom before they go in blind and get fucked up the ass.
Hahaha this, it amazes me that people would set their kids up to fail like this rather than helping their own kids get ahead as best as they can. I bet he'd turn around and complain about intergenerational wealth too, without realizing the irony of what happens if you reset your family in every generation.
>>
>>94014320
You only know he would get fucked in the ass with your hindsight so you failed. Now again, why is it bad to let your child spend the money they earned on what they want?
>>94014315
>is a horrible idea
Why? Have you never purchased something simply because you liked it? Or maybe a fancy version of something you already have for the same reason? I have three copies of Watership down, I only need one, were the other two bad choices? By what virtue are they bad?
>>
File: file.png (745 KB, 1099x429)
745 KB
745 KB PNG
>>94014313
Nope. The only cards banned in commander that were printed in commander-only sets were the obvious Dockside and Jeweled Lotus, Karakas from one of the LotR promos, and Trade Secrets.
>>
>>94014338
>>94014320
Okay and if the card wasn't banned and he resold it for 1000 dollars does it magically become a good choice in hindsight? There is no logical consistency in your view. You people are very dumb and acting out of resentment it's very sad
>>
>>94014324
You aren't wrong but lets just assume that some kid that can scrape together $200 bucks a month to blow on something is probably a super established player to begin with. It's not like hes got a precon with a mana vault in it and unlike me, when hes 30 he will likely still have his 600 item.
That being said if I was back in highschool, theres no way in shit I would go through the struggle that was scraping together $600 bucks for anything less than a ps3
I guess Im more sad that my ps3 doesnt work than anything else.
>>
>>94014340
You'll only ever accrue a finite amount of resources in your lifetime. The more you waste, the less value you'll have. By attributing this nebulous "if you like it, nothing else matters" attitude to it can also be used to dismiss the impact of banning mana crypt. If he likes it so much, then what effect does the RC banning it have? Doesn't have intrinsic value to him, as you say?
>>
>>94014346
what fucking set had karakas in it?
>>
>>94014348
From an investment standpoint, yeah, but weren't you just arguing that people should buy what they want regardless of the value?
>>
>>94014340
>You only know he would get fucked in the ass with your hindsight
Yet despite being able to afford dozens of mana crypts with no effect to my own personal finances, I don't own one. So I guess I must be psychic, because calculating risk with variables is seemingly impossible. Doubly so if you’re a specialist in that industry.......?

You're now post hoc rationalizing a known bad decision as good off principle alone so I guess we’re both flawed individuals hm?
>>
>>94014360
It was the box topper for the LotR set, and to prevent it from becoming modern-legal like the rest it was instead printed with the Commander set code.
>>
>>94012713
Not expensive enough for the Rules Committee to target. We Pauper EDH now.
>>
>>94014058
The target of the gift ability is chosen as you cast it.
>>
>>94014348
If he went to the casino and spent 200$ to make 1500 would that be a good lesson to him about the value of the casino?
>>
>>94014389
lmao
>>
>>94014126
Bro if I was 14 years old spending over half a grand on 1 card I'd worked hard for 3 months for I'd be pissed too
At the same time why the fuck is a 14 year old spending that kind of money on magic, what kind of parenting is that. My dad would beat me when I bought $100 of yugioh from my college financial aid lmao
>>
>>94014367
I'm asking why it's a bad decision and the only answer I'm getting is that he lost money which isn't a known thing at the time the decision was made and can't be used to judge it. You people are braindead and just happy to see others suffer because you're mad at cards lol
I mean honestly look how stupid your cohorts are lmao>>94014389
>>
>>94014408
I feel like the run-on sentences you're starting to type mean you're mad, and mad people are rarely right.
>>
>>94014408
>I mean honestly look how stupid your cohorts are lmao >>94014389
That's a totally appropriate analogy though.
>>
File: mymomisgunnafreak.png (363 KB, 534x355)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>94014416
incorrect
mad people are usually loud
and loud makes you right
>>
>>94014408
Do I have to say it's irresponsible to spend exorbitant amounts on re-printable cardboard with the expectation that that cardboard will retain all of it's value? Is that what you’re asking for? Do you seriously need someone to tell you TCGs are risky investments lmao holy shit what is happening right now

YES ANON, 600 ON A SINGLE REPRINTABLE CARD IS NOT A WISE DECISION IN GENERAL

>B-b-b-b-ut!

NOT WISE
>>
>>94014428
Loud people are usually women and women are never right, though.
>>
>the seething continues to burn
>>
sometimes it takes a kick in the nuts for a lesson to sink in
lesson learned: corpo bad. the younger one gets this through their thick skull the better
>>
File: 1591445756168.jpg (87 KB, 640x892)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
i lost nearly $2k in value from pic but you don't see me threatening to shoot up wotc hq
what the fuck is wrong with these fags?
>>
File: 1664052263017555.png (1.15 MB, 1000x832)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>TQ
Not anymore. First ever game of magic against with an adjusted Zhulodok precon running Kozilek as the commander. Got to run him myself a time or 2 too that day. Was sold on 'em because they reminded me of the movie Annihilation.
Got the newest precon, played it exactly twice and found out I find the actual 2 playstyles terrifically boring. Silver lining was that it made me discover I just like hitting people with creatures, ideally large and predominantly as often as I can get away with.

First deck I built myself, right after that, was Xenagos. Now branching out to Henzie. Basically anything with haste and nasty attack/combat damage triggers gets me brewing now. Already ordered Krenko and Zada. Looking forward to their shenanigans
>>
>>94014477
There's three groups of people who are upset right now. Investors, pubstompers, and to a lesser extent, cEDH players. The first two groups of people are completely irreprehensible don't deserve any of your sympathy. The CEDH players do, mostly just for dockside extortionist and how important it is to mono red, but they are already adapting and don't need any sympathy, which is respectable.
>>
>>94014521
*Reprehensible, not irreprehensible.
>>
>>94014521
Nah, cEDH players don't deserve any respect. They're rejects who play a joke format because they aren't good enough for real magic.
>>
>>94012662
>Do you play any Eldrazi?
My selvala explorer returned deck does and so does sidisi 4 horsemen
>>
>>94014532
Despite that, their redeeming feature is at the usually stick to themselves and their own autistic space and don't make it other people's problems.
>>
>>94014477
>cant even put them in decks
I don't understand the appeal but then again my magic collection is 3000 cards all of which are worth under 50c. So I guess my $1000-$2000 collection also could have been better spent.
>>
>>94014090
Anon, walmart and target doesn't give a shit about any of that- they stopped doing magic because they have $20+ boosters with cards worth hundreds of dollars in them and that shit is easy as fuck to steal.
>>
>>94014553
Must be nice, the cedh crowd around me likes to pubstomp and since the LGS does random pairings sometimes you just have to play your best deck and hope they die to your removal.
People say rule 0 is worthless but it must be worth slightly more than nothing because this system is the worst. the powerlevel basically defaults to whoever is playing the spiciest shit.
best part is there is no prizes, its a 5 dollar entry where you get a random promo at the end of the night. The promos can be pretty insane so I keep going back but fuck if this isnt the dumbest way to set up a commander night.
>>
>>94014126
oh nononononono
>>
>>94012662
>ban MC
>ban JL
>ban DE
They just hated Kaalia of the vast decks? She is not even that broken
>>
>>94014477
>but you don't see me threatening to shoot up wotc hq
well, in all honestly you propably should. not because of the death coronas either. just in general
>>
>>94014642
>Kaalia
oh well
>>
>>94014477
MTG like any card game is full of autismos who can't control themselves when their cards get taken away
>>
>>94014247
I mean just all banned cards in general. Print sway of stars and Sylvan primordial in precons. Would be hilarious
>>
>>94013965
Is this the episode of Midsomer Murders with Olivia Colman?
>>
>all of these rediculous card frames and alternate printings
suddenly a deck full of regular cards is looking pretty swagged out
>>
>>94014677
MAJOR SWAG OUT
>>
>>94014677
yeah i've got one deck that i put all the frame shit in and all my other decks have a strick extended art only bling policy. boardstates.
>>
>>94013999
>>
>my poorly ran LGS just closed
this doesnt have anything to do with the bans does it lol?
>>
File: Literally who.jpg (177 KB, 1080x1050)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Another tranny left the CAG
>>
>>94014724
literally who?
>lets get obscure microcelebrities to be part of an ambassadorship
what a retarded idea
>>
>>94014724
>yours sincerely
am I the autism or is that not right
>>
>>94014724
AND ANOTHA ONE
>>
File: essex-tontessex.gif (194 KB, 498x498)
194 KB
194 KB GIF
>my cardboard....! my cardboard.....! my cardboard.......!
>>
>>94014812
PUT HER DOWN!
YOU ARE CHOKING HER!
>>
>>94014677
I wonder if I could do a psychic damage deck by putting all the weird frames in one deck
>>
>>94012803
Is that an alpha sol ring? Either way beta or alpha super nice.
>>
>>94014826
you could make a pretty fucked up looking deck these days, it'd be pretty funny
>>
>>94014833
oh fuck I didn't even think of the secret lair ones
>>
just how many mana crypts and jeweled lotsues did some of these people have? if you own one of each and they're the cheapest copy, you were only out like $100 or so by the bans. some of these people are legit out for blood.
>>
>>94014770
Sincerely yours does seem to sound correct and also pretentious
>>
>>94014871
The most I have heard from someone so far is 15 crypts and 15 lotuses usually 3 or less docksides though.
>what were they thinking though!?!?

Not sure
>>
>>94014871
you know how theres the dead internet theory where the majority of internet traffic is dictated by bots or some shit
well I have a dead shit game theory which states kitchen table magic is way overestimated and the majority of cashflow is dictated by non-players
>>
>try playing brawl on arena
>every deck is just 1-2cmc removal tribal
very fun
>>
>>94014903
I have thought about this too but with sealed. Like when they report sales numbers and stuff how do we actually know where the boxes went? Like if a retailer or something/one/entity buys 2 million dollars in product and throws it in a warehouse and sits on it, is that ever accounted for anywhere? By anyone?
>>
>>94014871
People that are really bad with money apparently
>>
>>94014911
>play on brawl
>lose because the game passed priority when I wanted to flash in a creature
say what you will about mtgo at least its not arena and sure mtgo is ugly but its not a fisher price toy either
theres something about the animations that I really fucking hate and matches seem to take longer too idk but I will shit if they even default to arena over mtgo
you think crypt was bad imagine sunsetting mtgo lol
>>
>>94012662
>tq
I run It That Betrays in my Shattergang deck
>>
>>94014942
list?
>>
>>94014953
https://www.moxfield.com/decks/IoPZuePABk-0oJPB_EK0KA
>>
File: jeweled lotus release.png (839 KB, 944x1044)
839 KB
839 KB PNG
He tried to save you
>>
>>94015016
Good. FUCK all investorfags
>>
>Enjoy playing EDH
>Buy cards for EDH decks
>Cards are suddenly unusable
>Find out it was planed
>No longer trust WotC
Decks for this feel?
>>
File: 1708835814826186.jpg (30 KB, 450x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>94014724
>the Sheldon faction getting purged from the RC and CAG
The world is healing.
>>
>>94015026
B-but I'm not an investor, I just bought it for my deck to play with, which is totally a 7!
>>
>>94015029
Let me guess, your decks are all sevens?
>>
>>94015029
try playing a deck that just does fair things
>>
>>94015045
Honestly I've had zero issue with Jeweled Lotus, I've never even seen it at my LGS. I fucking DESPISE Sol Ring, though. I've lost count of how many times I've seen "land into Sol Ring, into mana rock" on turn 1 and then fucking congrats! You have 5 mana on turn 2 after dropping your 2nd land. FUCK Sol Ring.

BAN SOL RING
>>
>>94015029
>Buy massive fraud cards
>Get frauded by a bigger fraud
>Act shocked
>>
>>94015061
>He says this unironically in Sol Ring Dragon Highlander
>>
>>94015061
True, but I'm happy with incremental change. Now that the most egregious mana positive rocks are banned, the executioner's axe creeps closer to sol ring.
>>
>>94015061
Honestly I've had zero issue with Black Lotus, I've never even seen it at my LGS. I fucking DESPISE Sol Ring, though. I've lost count of how many times I've seen "land into Sol Ring, into mana rock" on turn 1 and then fucking congrats! You have 5 mana on turn 2 after dropping your 2nd land. FUCK Sol Ring.

UNBAN BLACK LOTUS
>>
>>94015072
*mana vault
>>
>>94015061
One of the reasons I'm stoked for the mana crypt ban is that this will happen 1/2 as frequently. I personally think its fun every once in a while but it does happen far too frequently.
>>
>>94015029
proxy cedh deck and pubstomp with it probably. That's what I see all the people pissed off saying theyre gonna do. I wont lie I think it's funny and I think the bans are funny.
>>
>>94015072
But it will never, ever happen. Sol Ring is the face of the format. You ask any casual fan what's the most popular card in Commander and they'll say Sol Ring 9 times out of 10
>>
>>94015087
I would be more okay with sol ring being banned over mana vault. Mana vault actually feels more fair, funnily enough.
>>
File: 1714100324520724.png (600 KB, 562x451)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
What non-artifact card will be banned next?
>>
>>94015096
It's not though
>>
>>94015095
We are treading new ground here, I wouldn't commit to absolute certainties, for now.
>>
>>94015061
based
>>
>>94015061
then play artifact removal
>>
>>94015098
Rhystic Study
Jackie Chan
FUCK
>>
File: GYffNl5aEAAnTGD.jpg (3.84 MB, 2232x2078)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
the hi-res of the miku SLD dropped today and jesus christ, weebs no longer eating good
>>
>>94015098
Tergrid
>>
>>94015107
It's basically a colorless dark ritual unless you build a board to support it, which I think is completely fair and acceptable.
>>
>>94015098
>pic
he's literally me!
>>
File: hurf.png (114 KB, 427x348)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>94015115
>artifact removal
>when I haven't even gotten my first turn
HURRRRRR
>>
>>94015123
STOP DOING REALISTIC ANIME IT'S FUCKING UNCANNY
>>
>>94015126
It's the same tempo gain as mana crypt
>>
>>94015134
I have no idea what franchise that is but I like the art
>>
File: 1708155927206565.gif (2.4 MB, 498x498)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB GIF
>>94015123
>all the planeswalkers are shit
>>
>>94015135
Look retard, I'm not going to argue this with you, if it was the same as mana crypt, it wouldn't have skyrocketed in price after mana crypt was banned because everybody would already have been using it in equal amounts.
>>
File: Image.png (191 KB, 265x370)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>94015133
>1 mana to pop a sol ring
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW POWERFUL SOL RING IS THERE'S NO ANSWERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>94015142
Every deck that cared already ran both
>>
>>94015135
but not the same sustained ramp
so its different and worse
>>94015139
I like dank lilly still
>>
>>94015147
Then why did vault double in price?
>>
>>94015123
>Freyalise, Troon's Fury
At least they captured the look of the average Miku fan there
>>
>>94015154
More content creators needed cardboard life insurance for their live-in girlfriends
>>
File: file.png (28 KB, 115x130)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>
File: alex judge.png (329 KB, 432x436)
329 KB
329 KB PNG
I've never had a single issue with fast mana because I run removal. I still think Jeweled Lotus is a trap.
>>
File: 1724220973192746.jpg (268 KB, 672x936)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
Why not just unban this portly fucker and literally destroy every mana crypt your enemies have? Ramped out with you own Mana Crypt of course
>>
>>94015162
I accept your concession.
>>
>>94015148
Sustained ramp isn't why the card was banned. The key argument for its banning was the speed and the explosive first turns it enabled, which vault does the exact same thing mathematically.
>>
>>94015168
yeah ill have a...........
snickers
no
kitcat
no
yeah
snickers
>>
File: vocaloid.jpg (200 KB, 900x509)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>94015137
anime microsoft same that carries a melodic tone, used for singing
>>
>>94015179
Microsoft Sam*, sry.
Vocaloid has existed since 2004 btw, so it's not like some RECENT ai slop thing.
>>
>>94015133
It's not 2002 anymore gramps, turn 0 plays are the format norm step it up or get out of the way
>>
File: civil lawsuit .png (462 KB, 1508x798)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
Shit is getting real
>>
>>94015176
It's both.
>>
>>94015176
its all part of it man
density too
idk why people are obsessed with trying to come up with logical pitfalls for the bans like they can own the RC with facts and logic and reverse the ban.
>>
>>94015191
>stolen

hahahahahaha wow I hope the lawyers laugh these retards out of the office
>>
>>94015072
I want it banned but it aint ever happening chief. It was now or never and they bitched out.

>>94015087
This one is definitely never happening and was never even up for consideration
>>
File: 1701050050682525.png (304 KB, 375x523)
304 KB
304 KB PNG
>>94015123
My sister is a huge vocaloid fan I love sending this shit to her. She thought Miku Lost But Singing was AI lmao.
>>
>>94015191
>stollen
its funny
every time
>>
>>94015191
>it's like a car
>except it's like literally nothing even close to a car
ok, why don't we guess how this one ends
>>
File: mana crypt ban reason.png (73 KB, 1244x308)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>94015195
>>94015197
empirically incorrect. their argument is very short and crystal clear.
>>
>>94015146
>completely ignores my post
>didn't even read a single word
>thinks he has all the answers
This general summed right the fuck up.
>>
File: 1265124421380.jpg (18 KB, 422x252)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>94015191
>stolen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH FUCKING GOD LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>94015215
>leaving the player untapping 5 mana on turn 2
Anon deleting his post in 3, 2, 1...
>>
>>94014616
Yup, same thing at my LGS. Commander nights were forever ruined because cEDHtards completely took over because they MUST get their hands on that promo pack. Now every game of commnader at my LGS ends in 3-4 turns because someone comboed off. I spend more time waiting for the next game than i do playing whenever i go there.
>>
>>94015215
I don't expect these releases to be an exhaustive list of reasonings
Though perhaps if they printed a 10 page list of reasons we could avoid the inevitable rules lawyering from the most overconfident, least successful group of nerds ever assembled.
>>
>>94015221
No it's just you
Blowing up Sol Ring on turn 1 negates all ramp you have for future turns because a majority of decks do not run artifact retrieval from grave and those that do are slowed down because they have to spend resources to put it back on the field so they're easier to kill when they could have set up more resources for a defense against the other 3 players in the game
>>
>>94015165
Shhh anon. The crybabies need to have their little tantrum. If I know you have a jeweled lotus I just blast your commander as soon as it fast mana'd out and now you're even farther behind.
>>
Anyone up for jank deck edh on untap
>>
>>94015239
>Blowing up Sol Ring on turn 1
>still
>has
>not
>read
>my
>fucking
>post
Here, let me repeat it for you:
>WHEN I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN MY FIRST TURN
>>
>>94015191
Have these people never played a TCG before?
>>
>>94015252
Unironically most of them don't even play Magic.
>>
>>94015237
the crazy thing is at my store you could show up with ashling and 99 lands and still get the promo and it still devolved into bullshit because if dipshit only shows up with a cedh list then any rule 0 discussion is worthless
>>
>>94015252
I genuinely think its a bunch of covid hype beasts invest all your money into cardboard bros that started playing during that time, its the only explanation on how retarded people are acting.
>>
>>94015123
Top Miku looks good, bottom Miku, wtf happened?
>>
>>94015252
They are very likely new whales who got hosed hard or what >>94015258 says. Seems like a lot of people figured edh is the safe format where all their stonks will thrive forever until they can retire and live in a castle of black lotuses
>>
>>94015248
whats untap?
>>
>>94015268
https://untap.in/
>>
>>94015252
I would be legitimately shocked if they even play Magic. You have *no fucking idea* how many investorbros have started collecting MtG cards just for the sake of flipping for profit. Hell you can find them in every popular TCG nowadays, it's not even exclusive to Magic
>>
>>94015264
>top was done by a moon runes name
>Bottom was done by a western dude
Luka is also fine

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.