[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 66 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: fnscar.jpg (119 KB, 913x752)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
Okay, this is Epic.
>>
>>7217810
>Not painting it black
pussies
>>
>>7217816
>black
>scar
>>
I think it is strange that they have the balls to make Nerf guns of Fortnite guns in this climate considering they are pretty directly based on real guns, but the fact that they're using these weird colors which don't even resemble how the guns look in game explains a lot.

Also, how the heck are Nerf guns still a thing? Don't kids just play video games instead of running around with toy guns?
>>
>>7217834
>not knowing about 5.56
https://fnamerica.com/products/rifles/fn-scar-16s/
>>
>>7218469
They don't make them for kids anymore. There's an "adult" Nerf community that obsesses over these as if they were real guns and organize Nerf tournaments with each other
>>
>>7218478
scars arent black and are never thought of as black

to say ">not thinking about irrelevant gun variant" makes zero sense
>>
File: B-WhP66IIAAqfTS.jpg (79 KB, 752x1024)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>7218491
Are you dumb? Irrelevant for fortnite kids?
>>
>>7218484
Couldn't those people just do paintballs instead?
>>
>>7217810
Uhm... yes please?
>>
the whole point of nerf guns based on real weapons is that you paint them
>>
>>7218536
not office friendly
>>
>>7218536
More painful, less whimsical.
>>
>>7218478
are you trying to "troll" me?
>>
File: nani.png (175 KB, 722x650)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>7219378
>available in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) or matte black.
>matte black
Sure
>>
>>7217810
You need to be over 18 to post in this site
>>
They have two color variants in game, Nerf just went with Nerf Yellow. wtf are you all going on about?
>>
>>7217810
does this mean we will get a bunch of nerf versions of real weapons now? Im not too keen on that, part of the appeal is that sci fi look most nerf guns have.
>>
>>7218469
Kids still play with toys, just not to the same degree. I always see people talking on here like they really do think no kids at all are even vaguely interested in toys any more and I have to wonder where they get that impression. Yeah, tablets and video games are huge, but they haven't completely killed the appeal of toys.
>>
>>7218469
I work at a kids' group home and the younger boys (12-14) are sometimes still into action figures and nerf and legos. Unfortunately girls are pretty much only into makeup and social media afaik. Keep in mind we dont take kids below 12, who are likely more toy-minded

I'm always the staff who gets to take those boys out for rewards cuz my coworkers know i can be trusted to make smart toy purchases, and its so great to get paid to take a kid shopping for toys then help him set them up
>>
>>7217810
WHERES CONSTHICCTOR
>>
>>7222753
Her name is Penny.
>>
File: 1539535837966.png (357 KB, 680x486)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>7222761
a lovely name for a lovely person
>>
>>7222753
What the fuck is with that redundant industrial-looking brace on her leg?
>>
>>7219793
I'm with you. Some dipshits is going to paint it Black and get his ass shot and all the angry moms are gonna put a bad view of nerf into the mainstream.

They've generally avoided making anything too realistic, and being fortnite branded doesn't make it not based on a real gun.

>>7218536
Can't shoot paintball inside the house.
And it's Alot harder to get places to let you hold a paintball match (say in a college field house or public Forrest/park) than easy cleanup, not as dangerous, and brightly colored (so the police don't get called) Nerf
>>
>>7219793
>>
>>7218469
I thought the same thing, but I saw some kids legitimately excited over fortnite monopoly. Figured they would just play the game instead of that.
>>
>>7222873
Probably something that enables one of her abilities, I dunno off the top of my head what it would be but I do know that Ninjas have springs on their legs and it's because they can double jump.
>>
>>7222984
Are moms really stupid enough to blame Nerf for that? Nerf makes their shit outlandishly colored, realistic or not, for this exact reason.
>>
>>7223470
>Are moms really stupid enough to blame Nerf for that?

Outstandingly, and unquestionably yes.
>>
>>7223470
Crazy moms will complain about anything, I remember back in the early 2000's how mom's complained that 1/6 scale military action figures where all a recruitment tool for the US military, brainwashed little boys into glorifying war, violence and made them desensitized towards blood and violence and turned little boys into cold blooded murderers and obviously wife beaters in the future. I still remember how one lady started berating my mom because she dared to buy me a gi joe soldier, I also remember my mom telling her to fuck off back to her mother's cunt too.
>>
>>7224132
Let me guess, Republican?
>>
>>7224239
Let me guess, newfag?
>>
>>7224240
Let me guess, Republican?
>>
File: jetfire is old.jpg (228 KB, 799x406)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>7219492
using epic the way they have proves they are.

no kid in the past decade uses epic like this. they just dab or go yeet instead. idiots.
>>
>>7224294
Um, the name of the company is Epic.
>>
>>7224294
“Okay, this is epic” is a meme based on a tweet from some politician late last year, grandpa. It’s usage here would even have a modicum of creativity and humor, given that Fortnite is made by Epic Games, if the joke wasn’t so overused already, including as the OP of a thread about Neca’s action figures on this board that was up about a fortnight ago.
>>
>>7224317
>Ben Shapiro
>some politician

He's just some far-right nutcase Twitter personality who the rightards like because he's Jewish so they can say "See, we don't hate ALL Jews!"
>>
>>7224329
Think about how fucking embarrassing is that you're a /pol/tard who regularly browses the fucking toy board. Literally manchild tier.
>>
>>7224323
You have to go back [spoiler]to /leftypol/ [/spoiler]
>>
>>7224331
>Everyone that makes fun of me is /pol/
Even if i was, and i'm not, it still isn't as embarassing as being a manchild leftypol faggot that comes to a website they hate just to try and turn everything into a politics debate there, even on the board for toys. Stay on /co/ where you fuckers filtered in from in the first place.
>>
>>7224338
>I-I'm not from /pol/!
>immediately uses the leftypol boogeyman that /pol/tards love
>>
>>7224339
>only /pol/tards can ever know of or reference leftypol
>therefore any mention is by a /pol/tard
>bystanders and third parties do not exist
You're not serious, are you?
>>
Stop replying to Milo-anon. Fucking christ, how new are you guys? The fucker comes crawling out if there's even whiff of something right of Trotsky.
>>
File: blog-yodagrapes.jpg (66 KB, 645x527)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>7223381
>I thought the same thing, but I saw some kids legitimately excited over fortnite monopoly.
It's like you retards just figured out how branding works

Why do you think they put Star Wars characters on packages of fruits and vegetables? Because kids will more readily eat the food if it comes in a package with a Star Wars logo on it.
>>
File: sadman.gif (299 KB, 448x256)
299 KB
299 KB GIF
>>7224294
Remember when people would unironically say "epic win"?
where has time gone?
>>
File: bench_friends.jpg (38 KB, 680x296)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>7224645
Times change like troll faces and wojacks
>>
File: 1534647566510.png (18 KB, 600x400)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>7224645
>Remember when people would unironically say "epic win"?
>where has time gone?
Those people don't matter anymore.
>>
>>7224684
I miss when 4chan was full of edgelord teenagers pretending to be nazis instead of actual white nationalists.
Real nazis are significantly less fun to talk to.
>>
>>7224715
>I miss when 4chan was full of edgelord teenagers pretending to be nazis instead of actual white nationalists.
>Real nazis are significantly less fun to talk to.
Correct.

Honestly, this is one of the worst parts about modern 4chan. I could deal with the unironic nazis, but they're so BORING. Every conversation, they hustle back to the same soundbites as quickly as they can. No wit, no humor, just trying to get the topic to whatever it is they think we need to hear about. There's nothing worse than trying to have a fun discussion and realizing that the other participant is only interested in "red-pilling" me and isn't even interested in the board they're posting on.
>>
>>7224334
AHAHA GIVE IT UP DUDE YOU'RE A TOY-LOVING MANCHILD AND YOU JUST FAILED SPOILERS BECAUSE YOU'RE A NEWFAG
>>
>>7224645
>>7224670
>>7224684
I mean people are now unironically saying "cringe" so if anything it's gotten worse.

This site has always been inhabited by literal children with undeveloped brains.
>>
What a badass
>>
>>7219793
Nerf's N-Strike lines have always been sorta realistic. But then that's why they have several lines on different themes.
>>
>>7225704
>>7225722
>>7225729
>>7225733
You niggas are way off topic, talk about toys already or take it to /co/ or /pol/.
>>
>>7225737
Wow this place is as bad as /co/umbler. If you want a hug box

>>>/reddit/

Is that way
>>
>>7225729
>>7225733
>>7225737
>>7225740
Case in point
>how come you aren't happy about my bringing up racial issues and immigration on the board about fucking toys? that obviously means you just want open borders for everybody and not want your hobbies-related boards to be hobby-related because you're a snowflake who needs his safe-space, not that I'm being completely off-topic since I just won't ever shut up about stuff that's completely unrelated to the discussion at hand, by the way have I told you about the jews yet?
You have a board for that stuff. If I want to talk about that, I'll go there, so should you.
And if you think content-related boards = "muh safe space" then maybe you should rub your two neurons before you open your mouth.
>>
>>7225780
Retard, they just do it for (You)s. You always see posts brining up race bullshit on other boards and you always get the retards, like (You), that get upset and reply. Which causes them to reply back. Just ignore it and don't reply. If you don't say anything they don't do anything else.
>>
>>7225905
This is true, but it's also important to remember to report them because the mods are real tired of that bullshit and they will delete it fast.
>>
Hopefully this thing has full auto, it does have the rev trigger so it's at least fly wheel powered. The grip looks like crap and the stock looks fixed, so there's really nothing about this gun worth getting for me. Shame too, cause I do love the way the SCAR looks, but judging by the Star Wars stuff, this thing will probably shoot like crap.

>>7222753
...McFarlane needs to make a figure of her if they do a second wave.
>>
>>7226269
I genuinely doubt any of the figures made will be Save the World figures. That game is just not popular, and considering they've left it for dead at this point I can see why. It's basically only good for earning V-Bucks that you can then spend on Battle Royale instead of having to directly pump another $20 into the game.
>>
Can we get some mods in here?
>>
>>7217810
Are the magazines going to be intentionally fucky looking like it is in the game?
>>
File: 1540570523827.jpg (83 KB, 726x1024)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>7222753
>>
>>7224239
Why would Republicans complain about military shit?
>>
>>7227077
Don't try and restart that shit.

>>
Can we get some more mods in here?
>>
>>7224239
You know, i live in russia, in my country conservators hate every "ägressive" toys, videogames, cartoons and other stuff. We have some fanatic redhead in our "big guys list", he tried to ban Monster High dolls in our country cause "cult of death". We call people like this "cottonpants".
>>
WHO LIKES FORTNITE?
>>
>>7224633
well, i saw FrozenTM ham slices, so your right, unfortunarely.
>>
>>7227508
Why cottonpants?
>>
>>7227508
>conservators
Cool
>>
>>7227598
because he's such a silly billy over reacting to child safe media.
>>
>>7227674
Are you the potatoes cooked that way guy?
>>
>>7227682
That guy was Romanian, i think some gypsies probably stole his internet by now.
>>
File: 1511555651658.jpg (79 KB, 716x768)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>7227508
>"big guys list"
Tell me more...
>>
Can nerf guns fire more than 10 feet yet? I would love to get some nerf guns but they have terrible range and even worse accuracy last I checked about 9 years ago
>>
>>7228368
A. Yes. They have for quite a while

B. Modding. depending on the gun and what you do to it, you can hit across a gymnasium without too much trouble
>>
File: 20zgU1a[1].gif (1.46 MB, 640x454)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB GIF
>>7228368
Base FPS is around 70fps for darts. Rival rounds shoot 90fps. Companies like BuzzBee and Dart Zone try to get a piece of the pie by sometimes offering higher FPS. The of course, there's modding for rediculous FPS, usually by changing batteries and motors.
>>
File: Arsenal 8-13-17.jpg (1.59 MB, 1536x2048)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>7228368
Your best bet is to look into the Nerf Rival line. It's mainly aimed at older audiences and focuses on competitive performance. They use small, dense foam balls so they have far better accuracy then most darts and the blasters themselves boast a lot of power. The Spring based ones especially required some effort to prime and fire, but pack one heck of a punch.

With old fashioned Darts however, there's still many blasters that work well and offer consistent performance. Some dart blasters will focus on specific gimmicks or visual themes, and their performance will suffer because of it (though they can still be fun to play with). But a few specific ones are just consistently good and are a great gateway into the hobby.

If you think you'd prefer a battery operated, semi auto fire blaster,you should pick up a Stryfe. If you want a spring based pistol to plink with, grab a Disruptor/Strongarm/Hammershot. All of them are good and offer similar performance. if you want a spring powered, mag fed blaster with accessory potential then you should get a Retaliator. A bit awkward to use, at first, but a solid blaster and with the right add ons, it can look pretty badass.
>>
>>7229035
I can never take the retaliator seriously.

>recon sucked balls
>for 5 or so years every other nerf was a reshelled recon and therefore sucked balls

>retaliator is new guts in the recon skin.
sot it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
Sigh.
>>
>>7224882
I'd like to see you to do a spoiler on /toy/. Show that newfag how it's done.
>>
>>7229048
For years the only gun I needed was my heavily modded Maverick. Did the russian roulette mod, the air restrictor removal, gluing in fast food drinking straws in their place to focus the air, and pennies behind the spring to increase the tension. It wasn't til the Stampede that I started getting interested in other blasters.
>>
>>7229048
I never bothered with the original Recon, so the performance of the Retaliator was always top notch in my eyes, though a bit wonky to use. That said, I originally got one because I saw a mod that slimmed it's profile down and trimmed the mag itself to sit flush in the blaster making for a pretty sexy pistol. I haven't attempted to recreate the mod myself, but I have plenty of spares to work with so it'll happen one day.

Though it's still a fantastic, versatile blaster due to it having a full range of accessory options. A personal favorite build for it is the barrel attachment it comes with combined with the Missile launcher tube and stock from the Tri-Strike. It makes for a gorgeous rifle with easy transition between dart priming and missile firing pumps. The relatively large stock from the Missile Launcher also makes for a very comfortable shoulder rest when priming the Retailator.
>>
>>7230710
No, no. After you, sir.
>>
File: 1535965822100.png (462 KB, 540x693)
462 KB
462 KB PNG
>built up nerf collection since 1st grade
>buy into the "newer equals better!" mentality
>kid in middle school asks about my longshot and offers to buy it
>"oh thats alright, I just got the upgraded version, 'the longstrike', i'll just give you my longshot for free!"
>months later find out his dad fucking destroyed it as punishment
>then learn what its value was
I'd be lynched if you guys found out how many rare toys i had that ended up being destroyed thanks to my dumb ass
>>
>>7231140
Hopefully his father also found out the value and felt dumb about it as well, but then again he's probably a Republican and they will bend over backwards to justify their nonsense and never admit fault about anything.
>>
Does this thread count as a Nerf general?
I’m just going to act like it is.

For those who care about Overwatch blasters, you can see firing demos here:

McCree revolver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRNVNyL6ttg&t=2m0s

Reaper shotgun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFW609dCo8&t=1m33s

D.Va pistol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SCpOKuEftk&t=1m51s
>>
>>7227015
absolutely this
>>
>>7224239
this is not in any way shape or form limited to Republicans. Parents strive so hard to '
be better then their horrible stupid parents' that they fall prey to all sorts of alternative quake bullshit 'certified' baby 'psychologists' spout out of their facial defecation holes. So when these parents do screw up they are so adamant they are not the 'failures mom and dad were' that they will blame anything else other then themselves.

its not a party issue, its a human nature issue
>>
>>7231450
Damn that D.Va one is actually really cool and faithful to the in-game one. I guess it's no surprise that the character who says "Nerf this" is well suited to a Nerf gun.

Also, I don't come here much, but do we really not have Nerf threads that often? I'd think it would be the number one thing to discuss on a toy board.
>>
>>7231450
>draconical
Good lord he is so annoying. he beats around the bush so fucking much.
>>
>>7232004
There isn't always much happening to keep discussion going, so sometimes there's a lull in threads.
>>
>>7231245
>Republican
>destroying a gun

lol no
>>
>>7232021
Yeah, I can't really stand to watch his videos. He takes too damn long to say anything and anything he does say isn't really that substantial. But that's true for many youtubers.
>>
>>7231450
>Does this thread count as a Nerf general?

Well there is a big yellow foam blaster in the OP, that's good enough for me.

>>7232004
Not surprising they're not the most effective blasters out there, but the D.Va and Reaper ones at least seem decent enough to hold their own. The McCree one however is a total let down. It's a one shot Rival blaster? Shaped like a Revolver of all things? It instantly went from "must have" to "piece of crap".

>>7232021
I agree 100%, he's just so off-putting that I can't stand to watch his videos anymore. He just rambles on about nothing and it's hard to actually learn anything from him as a reviewer. Throw in his wanna-be edgy vamp guy stuff and he just becomes cringe worthy.

>>7232048
The Fortnite and Overwatch stuff makes for good, thread worthy news, but there was also a new super huge Modulus pack revealed not too long ago. Using the Demolisher as the base blaster, it's a set loaded with lots of new, pretty fantastic attachments and a few mediocre returning ones. I'm more psyched for that set then any of the Licensed brand stuff, especially since I never got my hands on a Demolisher when it first came out. And I do love my useless attachments...though some of the ones in the set are actually really useful.
>>
>>7232078
It's not a real gun so it's ok.
>>
>>7232081
just watch coop, he can be a little cringy sometimes but he moves so quickly and thoroughly that it's easy to move past.
I used to make nerf videos as a kid and almost considered getting back into it but I feel like I wouldn't be able to offer anything he doesn't already provide and more.
>>
>>7232085
"The toy gun had Satan in it!" - Republicans
>>
>>7218469
Boys do mostly.
Mainly the hell COD but IRL crowd is still relevant
>>
>>7218536
Yes but Paintballs hurt more and aren’t as budget friendly as nerf guns.
Ironically some of the Nerf game mods are crazy
I’ve seen people add blow back recoil
>>
>>7218469
i dont get why they choose the realistic ones as opposed to the goofy looking shotguns.
>>
>>7232084
I’m looking at the mechanics and the proportions and I’m 80% convinced they could have gone with an actual revolver design with 3-4 shots in it if they had gone with a hammer-shot like set-up, onlywith the plunger tube moved back into the handle with the spring, so the cylinder is still in the back.

I’m 95% sure they could have made it hammer-primed and a revolver if they had just used darts instead of rival balls.
>>
>>7232298
Uh, mods?
>>
>>7232569
I remember one time I got permabanned for posting a dumb creepypasta that starts with "my name is alice and i am 5 years old" and felt so stupid typing up an appeal trying to explain the joke.
>>
Thank you.
>>
>>7232161
>I feel like I wouldn't be able to offer anything he doesn't already provide and more.

You can wear a sexy sexy bra. Coop won't wear a sexy sexy bra no matter how many times I email him. It's like he doesn't care about his viewers anymore.
>>
>>7226269
They have a list of figs for the second wave already :/ more battle royal skins, I only remember it'll have streak (if thats what it was the fox mask one) and some graffiti chick
>>
>>7232703
Where did you see the list? I tried googling around using the names of the skins I presume you're referring to (Drift and Teknique) but I could only find stuff about the first wave.

Side note, I am so disappointed in Epic for never doing a female version of Drift, it would have been so cool.
>>
>tfw modelfag
>tfw unironically considering buying some Nerf guns and repainting/detailing them as sci-fi style weapons
Am I a bad person? It's just the base designs are awesome and without the Nerf branding and safety colours they'd make pretty pimpin' display pieces. Like even the old Rebelle stuff that was aimed at little girls looks like if you repainted and maybe added some extra parts/sculpting you could make it into a pretty cool Covenant-style alien gun.
>>
File: VSDpa[1].jpg (54 KB, 1055x371)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>7232799
Why not, Hollywood does it.
>>
>>7232799
You should absolutely do that. the modding community is really prominent with nerf.
https://youtu.be/w0Av9b9G0WI
>>
>>7232710
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/10/random_mcfarlane_toys_is_releasing_fortnite_action_figures
It shows the wave on the back of that pink bear thing. Which I think is kinda nice letting people know what to expect
>>
>>7233304
Oh, that's useful. Thanks. I see that the girl is actually Brite Bomber so that might explain why I didn't find anything.

No skins I really like yet sadly, but they are all very popular skins so the choices make sense. Although I really can't help but wonder if they're only popular because they all fall under the category of being inexpensive or among the earliest released skins. Design-wise the newer skins really blow them all away.
>>
Yep, good stuff.
>>
Think I can get away with creating a thread on /sp/ about the NFL crossover or does that not fall within the rules?
>>
>>7232904
you could at least post a better example from a real holllywood film , not some crappy example from a failed sci-fi series ( yes i recognized taht from that series with time travelers and dinosaurs and quaritch)

like in guardians of the galaxy 2
>>
>>7236846
What happened in Guardians 2?
>>
>>7237406
Rocket's guns that he picks up in GotG2 on Yondu's ship are literally a Nite Finder and a shortened Recon that just had a bunch of shit slapped on them.

It's hard to notice while watching the movie, but it's very easy to spot when you look at stuff like the hot toys.
>>
Quite Epic.
>>
>>7237406
>>7237821
yeah , just try to look for the weapons that the ravagers , sometimes its just a black paintjob nerf with some gunmetal drybrush...not that they look out of place but if you know the modesl it ruins the suspensieon of disbelief a little
>>
>>7238387
But not a talking raccoon?
>>
>>7238557
Nah man, those are real.
>>
>>7224334
>the right spoils everything
>>
>>7244912
They really do.
>>
I LIVE IN somewhere far away from you
MY OCCUPATION IS being an unnecessary existence
I AM a nobody.
>>
File: Largefellow.png (1.06 MB, 900x675)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
>>7228156
>>
Yes, yes, well done Epic, well done Epic. HOWEVER
>>
>>7238557
well , a shitalking orange made president i no longer doubt there are some talking racoons on the wild out there ....
>>
>>7248174
Yep. You are right.
>>
Daft Funk

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.