[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 55 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: 1482640441989.jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Time for Secret Santa 2018:

https://goo
.gl/forms
/bD0sxh1jBPsq0kWO2

FAQ (look at this after looking over the form and before signing up):
https://paste
bin.com/QF2zSzwg

Email:
toysecretsanta2018@gmail.com

Dates:

November 12th:

November 13th-14th:
Assignments go out

November 23rd:
Proof of purchase deadline. Email me a picture of the gift or a receipt of your purchase. If you don't meet this deadline you'll be removed from the event.

November 25th:
International shipping deadline. Email me your tracking number by this date.

December 15th:
Domestic shipping deadline. Email me your tracking number by this date.

I'm most active around 8pm - 2am US est. If you ask me a question then I'll be able to reply right away. Feel free to email me questions or ask in this thread. Otherwise, feel free to discuss and enjoy this annual event. Have fun everyone!
>>
>>7227769
What shite link is that
>>
>>7227769
Why not label the thumbnail liek the other thread, this thumb is so forgettable and losable in the catalog. Do you not know PS?
>>
>>7227793
You have to copy the whole thing and paste it into the url bar
>>
>>7227793
It's 4chan spam detection. It's better that putting spaces or dots in the link like some people do. Just copy the whole thing and go.

>>7227797
There is a search bar on the catalog for a reason. Hope that helps.
>>
Looking forward to participating this year, I sat the last two out! What a fast year it's been :(
>>
File: Alfred the Lobster.jpg (136 KB, 484x504)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
Form sent! I'm hype to do this again, I've already picked out this years helper
>>
>>7227849
I remember you from last year. That was some fun shit. Glad to see you're doing it again.
>>
Haven't done one of these yet with /toy/, only boards that do it through amazon lists

How do you know what to get a person? How do you know you've bought them something they don't already have?
>>
>>7227874
>How do you know what to get a person?
In the google docs form you provide specific things or suggestions of what to get you

>How do you know you've bought them something they don't already have?
That's kind of on them to not put something they already have. Also you might be able to work with Santa to communicate with your giftee to better decide on a gift
>>
>>7227874
For Amazon lists I always put it in the notes because some people prefer to do it that way.
>>
>>7227874
Basically what >>7227881 said. If you are having trouble picking out a gift, no need to get nervous. Just ask. And if I spot a list that seems really way too vague I'll ask them to edit it. You'll be able to pick something out just fine.
>>
>>7227901
Signed up! So stoked as my home business (toy sales) kicked off, and I'm sitting on some decent stock I can send!
>>
>>7227942
Boy do I hope I get you cus that bludgeon is on my list.
>>
>>7227803
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScgaBbXsnR7x54dyofKZdMb2xUqXVwx41d7kgttImvgkn6U3Q/viewform

https://pastebin.com/QF2zSzwg

works for me
>>
>>7228675
Ah maybe it was because of me using the shortened link. My bad then.
>>
is anyone even doing this, it's been 2 days
>>
I will! We got til the 12th dude, chill
>>
>>7231321
I've already signed up, still over a week to go until people can do anything except fill out the form.
>>
>>7231321
7 entrees already and counting, sign up any time before the 12th, you have plenty of time.
>>
Its that time of year!

Its the season of GREEN
>>
If I want to use my work address (because I'm there 90% of the time, this is where I always send mail) would a photo of the shipping label on something I've already received, showing the address and my name be enough proof, OP?

I've always wanted to do one of these with /toy/!
>>
Whew made it, completely missed the deadlines last year, im glad these are still going.

Thanks Santa!
>>
>>7234123
Yes that would be fine.
>>
Finally sent in my info
>>
Only 10 days between the end of the sign up and when all of our purchases would need to be due? What if we want to order stuff online and stuff?

Also, do you have an update on how many people have signed up? 7 isn't very much, and last year, weren't there only 18-20?

I only took part one year, and that was two years ago where there were like, 80 people who took place. What happened? The organizer that year wasn't that great, so maybe that's what discouraged people from wanting to take part again...seems like past years used to get much, much better turnouts.
>>
>>7234624
does having a higher turnout mean the people participating enjoy it more?
why?
>>
>>7234576
would a parcelly work? Im quite a quiet guy, and its what I use. its a local buisness to me, and it makes me feel much more secure.
>>
>>7234624
10 days is ample to order online. This isn't the 1980s where you'd have to trek downtown and visit several stores to find said item and if not have to travel to the next town over etc

>Google said item
>Scroll through stores that have it in stock
>Compare prices and order item
>Done
Takes minutes, pick fast shipping and it will arrive within 7 days at most and that gives you three days to pack it all up nice and ship it out again. Or you can skip that step altogether and just have the website ship it straight to your recipient.
>>
>>7227942
I want Sofubi and Bludgeon
>>
>>7234624
>Only 10 days between the end of the sign up and when all of our purchases would need to be due? What if we want to order stuff online and stuff?
I only need a proof of purchase, meaning a receipt. The toy doesn't need to be in your possession by that date. If you look, the shipping deadline for domestic is December 15th. That's plenty of time for online orders to arrive and be sent out again. If you're importing (which is expensive anyway) be mindful of how long the shipping will take and order asap.

>Also, do you have an update on how many people have signed up? 7 isn't very much, and last year, weren't there only 18-20?

Last year was 16 including myself. So far the number is 11. Most people signed up towards the very end, like the day of. I expect to get many more sign ups by the 12th if the trend stays the same. Working with a small group is not only easier but it shows who is dedicated and who isn't. Not one person was grinched or unsatisfied with the exchange. I remember years where we had tons of sign ups and lots of confusion. I was only participating then, mind you. This is my second year running it.

>>7234794
That's an app right? Isn't that for retailers? You would have to tell me how you'd make that work for someone unfamiliar with it. Otherwise, as long as you can prove you can go to that location to pick up the gift it'll work. Hell, even a picture proving you're there at the pick up point is good. I just need to be sure it's a valid address and not a throw away.
>>
>>7235525
you pay a shop to let you use their address. its quite easy to use, and i could get proof of going there this weekend.
>>
I've been putting off updating my drivers license with my new address, but I guess it's time.

Merry Christmas Alex in NZ!
>>
>>7235525
I mainly get my mail at my PO box, I understand people taking advantage of PO boxes a lot, but is there any way I can send extra proof to prove I genuinely use it?
>>
>>7235617
Whatever works. I'll let your assignment know what you're doing assuming I can confirm your proof of address.

>>7235831
You would have to tell me how'd you prove it. I'm really kinda against PO boxes but if you think you can prove it It's fine. Throw me your idea.
>>
>want to join this.
>major postal strike has started until who knows when.

Still on the fence but had fun two years ago. Don't know if I could hit the shipping deadlines.
>>
>>7235846
Take a picture of me next to it with a picture of my name on the mail and a censored ID?
>>
>>7235403
Litterally 75% of my daily sales lately.
>>
>>7236345
An offical piece of mail with that address and your name is fine.
>>
How do the spend limits work. I see it’s a list of 5 items in the range of 25-35. Are we expected to at a minimum purchase one item but if feeling generous buy more than that
>>
>>7238307
I answered this question in the FAQ:
>The recommended price point is 25-35 dollars but you can go over that if you like. That is essentially the minimum though. Be as generous as you like or keep it simple. This way, everyone can do what's comfortable for them.

Having one item in the price range is for the folks that want to stay in that range. Give the gift you're comfortable with. As always, Secret Santa is about the fun of giving, not receiving. But obviously everyone should get something on their list. You know what I mean.
>>
>Pussed out last year for being scared of being swatted, pranks, etc due to mental illness
>Probably can't do it again
Can I just sign up to get like a christmas card through my email or someshit? I don't even mean like a gift card, it'd just be nice to get some sort of e-holiday card since I can't get over my paranoia about it.
>>
>>7238342
/a/ basically does this but I'm sure sign ups ended already by now.
>>
>>7238343
What if I sign up but dont expect anything material back but e-holiday card that has no currency attached? Is that acceptable?
>>
>>7238344
Sorry I meant I would send them something physical and pay for it and all that but ask nothing but a holiday digital card back
>>
>>7238345
They would see your return address so I don't know how you would keep that hidden. And I'd rather not do that because that complicates things. People sign up to send not just a toy but a fun gift decked out with fun surprises either big or small. The gift making is part of the fun. I'd be giving someone basically half of that experience secret santa experience. Like I said, /a/ is for that type of exchange. You could also try /co/ too, that goes all the way until the 25th with random amazon wish lists.
>>
>>7238349
>They would see your return address so I don't know how you would keep that hidden
I was planning to order something online and just have it sent to them and have no receipt attached to it.
>And I'd rather not do that because that complicates things.
How? If they don't send me an e-card I'll just accept nothing then. How does that throw things off?
>People sign up to send not just a toy but a fun gift decked out with fun surprises either big or small. The gift making is part of the fun
But you also said here that gift giving is part of the experience. I want to give. I just can't handle asking for anything in return. >>7238320
> Like I said, /a/ is for that type of exchange. You could also try /co/ too, that goes all the way until the 25th with random amazon wish lists.
I just checked /a/ and /co/, they have nothing regarding secret santa or anything remotely like that.
>>
>>7238353
Huh, that's weird. You're right I don't see their /ss/ threads yet. That's good then because you'll be able to jump in. Not sure what is going on with /a/, there's should have started. I think /co/'s would be perfect for you though. Basically, anons post their amazon wishlists, pick one out you want to fulfill, and then just send them the gift. You could do that anonymously too. Keep an eye out for it. There's usually start later, like in the beginning of December.
>>
>>7238357
>You could do that anonymously too.
I never said I'd sign up anonymously. I am willing to sign up to your terms, showing my stuff to YOU, my address and even tracking/receipt. I just don't want THEM to know. I still don't see the problem here nor how this would complicate your plan.
>>
>>7238362
I believe I already explained that and gave you an ample solution. I'm sorry you don't like the answer but this is a gift giving exchange. It's not meant to be one-sided. /co/, however, does this. And besides, why are you comfortable showing me your address but not anyone else? I'm just as much a random person on the internet as anyone else participating.
Again, I'm sorry if this upsets you but, it is what it is.
>>
>>7238668
Thanks for taking the time to answering my questions. I'm done trying with you. I don't see what the big deal is. If I should have the option to not get anything in return. The fact you want me to get something I want is weird to me.
>Why are you comfortable showing me your address but not anyone else?
You did last years SS, and now you're doing it again. Last year was a success and thus makes you have a positive reputation now for these things. When I saw the other SS threads earlier last month I wouldn't of bothered until I came across the post that you offered to do it again. And since there's been no accounts of people being shafted under your supervision I find you more reliable than random non-tripfags who need little to no reason making someone's life harder. It's just not something I want to sit in anxiety about. Very few people know where I live as I have very few people associated with me. I don't want the attention or feel like a potential target with swatting, doxxed, grinched, or other weird shit. It doesn't bide well with my condition. I wanted to participate with this because I do not get to have christmas like I used to, simply wanted to give something back to THIS community.
I don't know why you set these rules against no one can't just give something, but I tried and I have accepted that. I'm not going to reply anymore as you have made your point.
>>
As a reminder guys we're nearing the final few days for sign up. I'm closing the form at midnight on the 12th. Make sure you get your form submitted in time!
>>
>>7238353
>I just checked /a/ and /co/, they have nothing regarding secret santa or anything remotely like that.
/a/'s signups ended a few weeks back, and the actual secret santa threads are limited to the weekends because the mods are fags. There are a few alternate card signups that may still be running though, check the archive for that information.

/co/'s exchanges are done through Amazon wishlists, and thanks to this there isn't much of a rush by the people involved to start threads until sometime around Thanksgiving. But once those threads do start, it's a nonstop thing until the end of the year.
>>
>>7239544
Thanks for the info anon. I thought it was weird /a/'s ss wasn't in the catalog or archive. Hopefully he can work something out.
>>
>>7238689
>It doesn't bide well with my condition
Than you should probably not participate. Sounds like you're too autistic for this.
>>
Signed up. hope my PoA is good enough as I haven't recieved mail in 3 weeks.
>>
High key I might give away some toys I've been trying to sell (mib)
>>
>>7240008
What are they?
>>
A couple of days are left for sign up folks. You have the entirety of the 12th to sign up before it closes at midnight.

Also I sent one of you an email about your proof of address. Check your emails guys. And as a reminder, double check your forms for mistakes and/or edits you want to make. I already found a couple forms with some errors in the addresses they wrote down (I can use your proof of address to correct the problem but it would save me time if you guys take the time to check for mistakes).

Thanks!
>>
>>7239786
Because all conditions must be autism right?
>>
>want to sign up
>don't know what I want to put in my wishlist
AAAAAAA
>>
>>7240844
A weird hermit who doesn't like human contact, has "anxiety" over someone on the internet possibly knowing his name, and is convinced there may be a conspiracy against him to dox/swat/spill his information.

Sounds like Grade A autism honestly. Or tinfoil hat living off the grid.
>>
>>7240854
You can just make suggestions instead of actually putting specific items
>>
Parcelly dude here. all signed up and ready.
any other UK anons? if not, I will do international... just to be helpful.
>>
>>7240686
Hey I did not get an email. Its Adam btw
>>
>>7241459
I sent one person an email and they already replied. It wasn't you.
>>
>>7241462
Nope. Do you have the right email address?
>>
>>7241474
Its Adam S.
>>
File: 1433488859090.jpg (100 KB, 480x478)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
just submitted! first time doing secret santa through /toy/!
>>
>>7241503
Same. I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out.
>>
Does anyone know if there's a limit of how much a present to the United states can be worth without having to pay customs? I know for sending to europe there's a limit. I'm thinking of participating this year, but if there's too many limitations for sending a present overseas I'd rather sit out then having to compromise the present for the other anon.
>>
Sent in my first ever time doing Secret Santa tonight. Looking forward to it!
>>
Did my submission at around 8pm and got an automated reply. Can’t wait.
>>
>>7240856
autism has nothing to do with anything you just said. I think you might be retarded.
>>
>>7240856
That's paranoia not autism anon
>>
>>7241634
My best advice is just to google it? Sorry I'm not much help in this case. Hopefully someone else in the thread can give you an answer.

To everyone else, a little less than 24 hours remains to get your form submitted folks. Going to try and get all assignments out on the 13th so you guys can get as much time you need for shopping. Who's excited?
>>
>>7241970
How many currently signed up?
>>
Just edited my response, fixed the address, idiot me. Psyched. First timer
>>
Submitted! Christmas hype building
>>
File: buthurt house.jpg (144 KB, 641x504)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>7238689
>>
File: right kids.jpg (24 KB, 635x418)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>7240844
>Because all conditions must be autism right?
And sand in your vagina as well. From the way you're acting, you must have wallowed in the Sahara for days without your knickers.
> I'm not going to reply anymore
Sure. Sure you aren't, Sparky. At least until you think you've 'won' at some nebulous contest.
>>
>>7241878
Sounds like full blown psychosis. Either way, Koo-Koo Nut anon probably got the shit beat out of him very day as a kid Especially if he acted then as he is now.
>>
>>7241853
It's some kind of mental disorder and you'd probably be better just staying away from interacting with people like you said.

I was thinking about signing upfor this but between Captain Paranoid and the apparent other retards in this thread that can't understand that SantaAnon wasn't talking about them means I'm out. Even though SantaAnon has proven himself to be a good organizer participation is a risk because you all are just retarded.
>>
>>7242036
20 and counting.

Also guys if it wasn't apparent from the OP I'm on a US eastern time zone so there is still time to sign up until 12 am tonight. I kinda should have repeated that in the thread for anons not in the US.
>>
>>7242103
No where did I say I'd stop replying, and I have no idea what contest you're speaking about. Stop shitposting and samefagging already.
>>
>>7242110
>Gets offended when he had nothing to do with any interaction previously.
>Declares not to participate, even though he wasn't going to anyways.
What was the point in this reply?
>>
>>7242190
To point out how retarded some of you are. I feel bad for SantaAnon. He must have to deal with a mountain of nonsense.
>>
>>7242197
Things are pretty chill on this end, honestly.
>>
>>7242197
One person asked something because I'm assuming of some condition, everyone else has been fine. What are you talking about? This may shock you: There's assholes on the internet, you shouldn't quit something because of them.

>>
>>7242143
Is there any guideline for our "wishlists"?
I listed Some general themes I'm interested in plus a bunch of figures. I obviously don't want them all, I just wanted to make it easy for the other person to get something from that list without too much of a hassle.
>>
>>7242211
What you've written sounds good. Just follow directions on the form with at least one item being in the price range. Your Santa can decide what to do with the list from there.
>>
>>7242218
ok, thank you, sent out my form
>>
First time taking part in a Secret Santa. If I buy online, can I just send the present to the address on amazon?
>>
>>7242756
Yes you can do that, but I encourage everyone to try and send the item to themselves and then repackage it to add in your own little touches like a card or some candy. But if you don't want to that's fine too.

Also there is a little under an hour left for sign up guys.
>>
about to sign up, I got 20 minutes left, gotta move quickly
>>
Going to close the form entirely in about 20 minutes. So that gives everyone an extra 10 minutes after 12 in case anyone is panicking trying to get their submission in at the last minute.

More importantly though, everyone's proof of address is fine except for one person who I emailed a couple days ago with no response.

Plastic, if you're reading this please check your email. I'm going to give you until tomorrow morning. If it don't get something from you I'm going to have to toss your form. I have to get these pairs assigned and distributed.
>>
Anyone rushing to get their form done? Going to close it in about 5 minutes or so.
>>
File: 4538645384354.png (13 KB, 600x337)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Form is officially closed.
We have 26 participants this year (an increase from our 16 last year). And it makes 27 officially when you include me.

Good range of participants here and a majority of you signed up as replacement santas which, once again, warms my heart to see. Let's hope for another great exchange this year.

Assignments will be going out by the end of the day tomorrow.
>>
>>7242997
Ahh, can I join, I thought I had until the 14
>>
>>7243029
You're lucky you caught me right before I went to sleep. I'll leave it open until I wake up tomorrow.
>>
>>7242184
No where did I say I'd stop replying,
Oh?
>>7238689 " >I'm not going to reply anymore as you have made your point.<" And yet you kept on...

I'm just coming in on the end of this, as I just read the thread, and YOU are the one coming off as a shithead/trolll. No wonder people in real life don't even want to give you as simple card. Much less a group of nameless faceless anons. Especially if you act like this IRL.
>>
>>7242997
Nice work Santa, I really didn't have confidence in this anymore but seeing the number go up is pretty cool. Hope everything works out.
>>
>>7243029
So I left it open for several hours and I've seen no new responses so I'm sorry but I have to close registration now. I have to start making pairs.

For everyone else, please watch your emails today. I have to email some of you in regards to shipping requests, etc and the sooner you reply the sooner I can match you up so reply asap.
>>
Another reminder for folks to check their emails today. Assignments have not gone out yet but I've sent some questions to some of you. I need replies back so I can finish preparing assignments.
>>
>>7243350
Whoops I forgot the deadline because I kept forgetting to take a photo of my address on an actual piece of mail...
>>
>>7227769
I think this is really great, what you're doing. I can't wait to participate! I feel like I'm a part of something!
>>
Yeah I'm jittery with anticipation hearing which anon I get to spoil!
>>
>>7243667
I'm the same! It's kinda scary doing this with people from 4chan, but at the same time, it's really exciting and kinda gets me in the Holiday spirit!
>>
One last reminder about checking emails. I still need one of you to reply so I can finish sorting pairs.

Marc, please check your email.
>>
Good luck you bunch of faggots.
>>
>>7243709
Thank you sir! Good luck to you as well.
>>
>>7243693
Fascist
>>
still haven't gotten an email Santa
>>
>>7244124
same
i dont want to be left out!
>>
Ok I can now get pairs out within the hour now that I've gotten the info I need from the few clarifications I've sent out.

Just hang tight guys. The only thing holding me back now is typing out each email to 27 separate people. Gimme a bit.
>>
File: santyclause.jpg (56 KB, 929x1000)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Be patient
This is going to be a good year
>>
Sorry for the delay. I pulled an all nighter to get all the emails written and sent.

However, 2 were not assigned yet due to an issue I'm addressing. No matter what though, everyone is getting their assignment before the end of the day tomorrow.

Regardless pretty much everyone got an email. Be sure to reply to confirm you've received it. If I don't hear back from you in a few days, I'll be sending you a quick email just to confirm you're good to go. Get shopping guys, this is the fun part!
>>
>>7244438
Oh and also, for proof of purchase you can send it in at any time. You don't want to wait until the deadline to email me. Sooner is always better.
>>
im so hyped
>>
Got my assignment, now I just need to get paid
>>
>get assignment
>its all shit over $50
fuck you guys
>>
>>7244575
proof, hoss
>>
>>7242985
Got my assignment. Toys have been ordered.
>>
>>7244575
I tried to check every wishlist and I didn't catch this. Please email me asap so I can contact them for a revision. Sorry this slipped through.
>>
File: A356jiI.gif (1.9 MB, 316x213)
1.9 MB
1.9 MB GIF
>>7244575
I hope it wasn't mine. I specifically said to ignore everything on the wish list and do as you please since I'll probably just buy what I want.

>MFW when my candidate has literally the exact opposite tastes as me but has easily obtainable shit.
>>
>>7244712
Send expensive shit to Lucas
>>
>>7244575
UK?
>>
>>7244575
Hope it was not mine. Skeleton and skeleton accessories are cheap.
>>
>>7244575
you know what needs to be done

:^)
>>
>>7244575
For the record I still haven't gotten an email about this. Do so, and we can fix the problem without any trouble. The sooner the better.
>>
>>7244791
>$
>UK
>>
>>7244841
aw, fuck, i cant believe ive done this
>>
Got assignment this morning, Ordered all the items for my anon. Sent in my proof of purchase. Now what goodies to add in!
>>
Hey Santa, I didn't get any email. Its Matt H. Any word?
>>
>>7245208
Thanks Santa!
>>
>>7244827
I'd rather just grinch them and teach them a lesson
>>
>>7244827
>>7245240
Trolled
>>
>>7245240
You really shouldn't have made it so obvious you were lying. Shitposting is a craft, after all.

Anyway, time for an update. Everyone should have their secret Santa assignment now and some of you have even sent me your proof of purchase already. Keep up the good work guys.
>>
Quick update before I go to bed. I received a plethora of questions and requests from anons and emailed them out. Continue to check your emails so people can plan our their gifts.

And as a quick reminder, since someone else brought it up. If you plan to make any homemade treats to include in your gift let me know. Some people are comfortable reviving them and some are not. Don't go to the trouble of baking a nice treat only for them to get thrown away. It's totally cool, and even encouraged because it's a nice surprise but please ask me to double check first.

And that's it, so how is the gift planning going guys?
>>
>>7245381
its difficult, as my anon had a pretty smol wish list
>>
>>7245381
I'm waiting for an invoice, then I can send along proof of purchase!
>>
>>7245691
You can always email to request some more clarification on his list. Don't be afraid to ask. You can even ask for suggestions in the thread too.
>>
>>7245381
You gave me such a boring giftee
>>
>>7245849
The gift is only as boring as you make it. Creativity is everything.
>>
>>7245381
The stuff my guy wants is pretty clear cut so that is helpful. Putting together his box will he fun. That and we both like robots.
>>
>>7245853
I'm gonna stuff my stupid cat in a box bc she keeps shititng on the floor
>>
>>7245859
You'll just end up with a box full of shit then.
>>
>>7245849
Then give him something exciting. My giftee has the shittiest taste I’ve ever seen. Doesnt mean Im not going to get creative.
>>
I can't wait to start looking for stuff!

Adam H, any favorite candy or preferences?
>>
>>7245986
must be vegan
>>
My anon was pretty specific with a few items, and gave general things he likes which helped me. Awaiting everything to show up in the mail.
>>
>>7245381
Everything is going okay as long as nothing stupid happens with this ice/snow storm coming through. Last year our awning fell off from the ice.
>>
Alex M-C, just letting you know that I'll be ordering your gifts on Monday! Are you partial to any kind of sweets or snacks?
>>
Ugh... I know what I want to get my assignment but its like $65 and I just don't know if I wanna shell out that kinda cash for this
I don't mind spending over the budget, just I'm not made of money, so spending over like twice the budget is a bit much.

And it's not something on their list, it's something that I would think they would like, based on the stuff on their list. Their list was very vague, so I'm paranoid if I get the general kind of things they asked for, I'll end up getting something they already have.

Having trouble thinking of anything else to get though
>>
What's the date to have everything mailed out by? I assume we have to email Santa with the shipping info right?
>>
>>7246216
Read the OP
>>
>>7246206
I wonder if this is about me.. I kept my list pretty vague (Just four types of toy I like) specifically because I love surprises and thought it'd make things easier.

Maybe email Santa-anon and see if you can get your giftee to narrow their list down for you?
>>
>>7246206
I too was vague too

I am being nice to my anon Christmas recipient

You could be nice too

Or get them shit

Whatever

Just don’t buy books. Books show no love.
>>
How does everyone feel about wish lists? I gave Santa my Amazon wish list to give to my person.
>>
File: raw.gif (1.32 MB, 498x267)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB GIF
>>7246338
I'm a bit worried my own list was too vague or that I'm responsible for >>7246206 or >>7245859

But other than that I have been having a blast thinking of ideas and putting together a super sweet Christmas gift for my assignment (we have similar interests.) They had a concise list but at the same time are flexible and open to surprises.
>>
>>7246114
Sounds great, any kind of sweets or snacks are good
>>
A few of my items mighta been over the $35 limit but I also added in a theme I like and to have fun in the end!
>>
Hey Santa, if we're buying multiple things for our person, do you want us to hold on to our proofs of purchase and send them all at once or just send them as we buy them?
>>
>>7246338
Be careful with amazon cuz apparently they snitching on people viewing wish lists.
>>
>>7246516
Amazon lists have a don't spoil me setting set to on by default which hides purchases for several weeks, so as long as the person with the list stays logged into Amazon they won't know what was bought for them
>>
>>7246492
I need to see at least one item that is at minimum 25 bucks that's on your assignment's list. If you want to include more that's great. If I expected to see the "whole" gift that would imply I'm expecting everyone to gift over the suggested price which isn't true.

So the answer to your question is yes. You can send it now and you don't have to send me proof of every single item.

>>7246206
Don't spend more than you want. This isn't about breaking the bank. As other people suggested, email me if you want some help. That's what I'm here for. I can get a clarification for you. Plenty of other people have asked questions and gotten replies already. Please don't suffer in silence. Just ask.
>>
>>7245381
If I buy something online, should I get it sent to me and then sent to my giftee? or send it directly to him?
>>
>>7246848
It's really up to you. But I'm encouraging everyone to send it to themselves first to customize the gift. Like adding in candy or wrapping the gift itself before it's sent. Adding those special touches is where the fun is after all.
>>
>>7246690
Bucks US?
>>
>>7246891
Yeah sorry, 25 USD
>>
>>7246690
Wait one item that's 25 on their list or a total of 25 on their list. Either way is fine i just need to rethink the gameplan
>>
>>7246958
I need to see one item that is AT LEAST 25. That's the bare minimum and if that's what you can manage to give that's fine. I don't need to see the entire gift, I just need proof that you have something in your possession or on the way to you or the recipient.
>>
Hell yeah, done shopping and proof of purchase sent! I can't wait to get everything and wrap it. I'll see what kind of treats I can find to keep it >>7246003 vegan friendly for my dude!
>>
All my assignment’s items arrived today minus one that will arrive Monday. Then to wrapping and getting some goodies in! It’s happening!!
>>
I finished shopping for my secret santa. I always throw in a handmade gift too which I'm working on now. Will post pics of it when it's done.
>>
Wrapped some of my giftee's gifts. One arrives tomorrow and the last arrives Monday. I suck at wrapping presents. I think he'll understand.
>>
>>7227769
Stupid question. I'm an international participant but my recipient is technically domestic. I'm I good for the domestic shipping deadline because our shipping situation just got worse here.
>>
>>7248951
what's your question

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.