[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/toy/ - Toys

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 51B+HKjyfCL._SY355_.jpg (19 KB, 308x355)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Welcome to the LEGO General! I hope you have a nice time here

Previous LEGO General: >>7232925
TECHNIC General: >>7218076
/pbbg/: >>7109416

>FAQ
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YVt-4sibEMFOU8H484MpB-K6rNla5SIYdHZG8lyCHLQ/edit?usp=sharing
>/lg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/rvtqMuP
>/lg/ Flickr Group
https://www.flickr.com/groups/legogeneral/
>Archived Threads
https://archive.nyafuu.org/toy/search/subject/lego%20general/
>Third Party Information:
https://pastebin.com/YHYxy2Ze
>Thread challenge:
Build something cozy for Autumn/Winter.
>>
>>7238373
The other one is dead?
>>
>>7238552
Seems like Hans was early this time
>>
>>7238611
I see.
>>
>lego makes 1 chair piece
>it is a fucked up non-standardize size
>>
>1/3 of the way through November
>Lego's new theme still hasn't been shown, hinted, or even leaked
This is driving me nuts, it's clearly something big but I want to see whatever they've got in store.
>>
>>7239338
Galidor 2
>>
>>7239338
what is, if they don't have one
>>
>>7239338
What do you mean bro? We already saw Overwatch.

You didn't think Lego was going to put out an original theme did you?
>>
>>7239338
New big bang theme for next year is Lego Movie. We might get something new in second half
>>
File: batmobile1.jpg (1.31 MB, 2560x1920)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
I was honestly shocked to find out that i have so many lego pieces that i can successfully replicate at least 90% of this set, minus the windshield and some specialized pieces.
I could have also made it look like a monster truck, but went with something akin to classic batmobile.
>>
>>7239338

The new themes for the first half of 2019 are Lego Movie 2 and Overwatch, this has been known for some time.

LM2 will likely continue for at least 3 waves, maybe 4, so well into 2020.
>>
ded thread.
>>
>>7239802
>licenseshit Op picture
That's why this thread sucks and last one was kino. Wish we still did those year based threads. I think we stopped at 2008. Licenseshit was a mistake.

>>7239338
Enjoy Overwatch anon. This is why you should've buy Nexo sets.
>>
DID THE 2019 LEGO CITY SETS LEAK????
>>
>>7239817
Tbh, i will buy the D.va mech set and that's pretty much it.
>>
>>7239823
Some of the sky police sets. Lots of crime in LEGO City required the National Guard.
>>
>>7238435
I don't think it was intentional. The original directors had a vision and then once it came out TLG were like "oh, shit, we can make a money outta this" and immediately moved to batman and ninjago; where parenthood is at the core of batman, and where lord and lloyd are like the only thing of note in ninjago. It's definitely not gonna be a focus of the extended "girl power" special that is the sequel.
>>
File: 75974 Lego Bastion.jpg (802 KB, 2194x1810)
802 KB
802 KB JPG
Man, can't wait until they release the LEGO Overwatch sets. Gonna build Bastion and keep in my office cubicle.
>>
>>7239895
Well there was a Youtuber that reviewed it and couldn't make him go to the gun mode... Does it transform or do you have to rebuild?
>>
>>7239907

I think the guy was probably just retarded. I can tell exactly how it's supposed to transform just by looking at the box art.
>>
>>7239932
>>7239895
It wasn't this one. I found the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H94WwnOHTKY
>>
>>7239895
I can't wait to put D.va on my desk, especially when i'm approving bank loans.
>>
>>7238373
so, is the other general dead
>>
>>7239960
no, this one's dead
>>
>>7239940

Yeah, that's a completely different Bastion set. I don't think that one's even supposed to transform.
>>
>>7239970
No wonder this one's dead, retard OP didn't even link it.
I'm not just calling him a retard to call him a retard, just look at this. >>7238374
>>
>>7239895
>Hanzo vs. Genji
>197 pieces
>25€

>Dorado Showdown
>419 pieces
>30€

I'd really love to meet the dipshit at Lego who comes up with the set prices.
>>
File: 817IvlWZxDL._SL1500_.jpg (204 KB, 1396x1500)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>7240062
Sometimes it's relative size of pieces, right? Lot less plastic in a stud than a baseplate but Lego still counts them as a single piece each. I haven't seen the set so I couldn't say. Still that'd be a lot of big pieces to make up the difference.
>>
File: 75971_alt2.jpg (188 KB, 1346x858)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>7240081
The smaller one is just this little display thing here...
>>
File: 75972-1.jpg (460 KB, 2400x1760)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>7240083
...while the larger one has a car, an entire front of a house and a bunch of other stuff.
>>
>>7240081
>4-99
So at 101 no more Legos?
>>
>>7240085
For some reason I find the image of Soldier just casually driving the payload hilarious
>>
>>7240085
>an entire front of a house

It's the archway at the entrance to Dorado Square, halfway to the first checkpoint. It even has the little candle in the window.
>>
>>7240086
It's just a suggestion. They have to put that there.
>>
>>7240085
>>7240095
It also has the reaper shrug spray on the side (sticker)
>>
>>7240092
Senior citizen driving, oldies station blaring, puts his blinkers on even for lazy curves in the road, then drives over an entire crowd at a farmer's market earning the Play of the Game.
>>
>>7240109

>somewhere far away, Reinhardt is standing in the parking lot of a Country Kitchen Buffet wondering why Jack never came and picked him up
>>
>>7239576
>>7239584
>>7239699
Then what the hell was that AL theme that seemed to be listed but never explained?
I'm actually fine with OW and TLM2, but I really though we were getting something a bit different.
>>
>>7240149
Oh you mean the Dots thing? I doubt it's anything more exciting than a Mixels type subline.
>>
>>7240182
That'd be pretty exciting in itself.
>>
>>7238373
Does lego city have prostitution?
>>
>>7240085
wait a fucking second what are those pieces on the front of the black edgelord guy's guns?
>>
>>7240194
1x1 studs with a hole that have been around for years.
>>
>>7240200
No, behind those.

1x1x2/3 brick?
>>
File: Tracer gun.jpg (82 KB, 1384x738)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>7240205
Nope, regular 1 x 1 bricks on top of the new "gun base" mold that they use for most characters this wave
>>
File: new piece.jpg (276 KB, 1881x902)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>7240209
I know about the gun base, but the 1x1 looks too short to be a regular brick and too tall to be a plate.

I bet it's this, just with an open stud.
>>
>>7240217
wow, this GUDI piece is really good. Looks great. I want to buy some of their sets. They aren't knockoffs, like some brands. (Most LEGO pieces are public domain.)
>>
>>7240194
Lego being unable to make convincing guns
>>
>>7240224
Gudi is pretty based. Their military line is what id imagine city to be if it did military subthemes
>>
>>7240229
I don't think that they can't I just think they think they'd get in trouble for selling realistic guns with sets.
>>
File: 1533605014071.jpg (78 KB, 720x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>make bricklink order from low feedback Russian user for $220 worth of minifigures
>seller immediately messages me after payment and tells me he'll be 4 days until he's able to take the trip to the post office (?)
>box comes in the mail a month later
>it comes in an ammunition box that's been meticulously cut down to a smaller size
>a tiny wooden frame as been made inside of the box to protect the contents
>inside, meat packing paper that has been hand sewn with twine into pouches to hold the figures in smaller ziplock bags
>a zip lock bag full of "Alyonka" chocolates with old artwork on the wrappers
>a hand written letter with a russian flag sticker thanking me and asking me to leave feedback
>look up the return address online, it's depressing commie blocks in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>7240245
That is adorable. That guy sounds like a top bloke
>>
File: gudi 8211 vehicle.jpg (291 KB, 1736x765)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>7240224
Gudi's probably my favorite clone brand. Better quality than Enlighten, nice designs, and they have some neat parts like light bley space airtanks.
>>
>>7240245
share his name on here so we can patronize him
>>
>>7240245
Seriously, give that man the best feedback ever
>>
File: Edgelord guns.png (1.18 MB, 1382x740)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
>>7240217
Just watch any of the hands-on reviews - they're definitively regular old 1x1 bricks.
>>
>>7240283
That minifig head is almost MF Doom
>>
Why are there no interesting lego series anymore? I feel like all I see are City, Creator, Star Wars and Ninjago sets. Why isn't there any Agents or Alien Conquest or Adventurers type things anymore?
>>
>>7240301
You grew beyond the age limit set forth on the box.
>>
>>7240301
city sets are great anon
>>
>>7240086
>4-99
>So at 101 no more Legos?
That's the age range that will most enjoy the product. At age 101 you're ready for Technic.
>>
>>7240283
Sad! Oh well, just wishful thinking on my part, I guess.
>>
>>7240301
I feel the same. Only creator interests me. More 8 stud wide cars would be cool.
>>
>>7240301
Because all of Lego's original themes have been beat out by similar licensed themes that sell far better. It's over, anon.
>>
>>7239976
it isn't
>>
>>7240301
there was always an up and down of interesting lego series
even the years 1997 to 2003, which I personally see as the dark ages for classic lego sets, had stuff like Samurais, Johnny Thunder, and don't forget bionicle
>>
This is $20 at my local LEGO store, is it worth it for the minifigures
>>
>>7240460
yes
>>
>>7240460
The Emperor's New Klocki
>>
>>7240463
>>7240460
>>7240469
GDI I knew I forgot something
>>
>>7240471
There aren't any interesting pieces, I wouldn't
>>
>>7240245
post his store.
>>
>>7240262
>>7240230
I'm checking their sets... they're using minifigs... they really shouldn't... LEGO has a trademark on that. Yeah, we'll have to call it a clone brand while they don't change that. That kind of saddens me. I want to see some LEGO competition.

Oxford looks good too... I believe they're from South Korea. But they have figures similar to Minifigures but they're different, they have three kinds of legs, I think. One of them have bendable kness and torso. I think they're pretty cool. So they're not breaking any law.

https://youtu.be/clafd7dXYjo?t=188
https://youtu.be/a0CXC5ATJ3w?t=310

I'm seeing some reviews, GUDI sets look great, but they still have some problems with missing pieces and connections that fall apart easily in their sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdqPzJPgMlQ

I think that if GUDI fix their minifigures, LEGO will have a problem with GUDI and OXFORD as competor in the future. Their sets are much cheaper and are almost in a par with quality. And they're also much cheaper.
>>
>>7240301
Castle is an internal competition for Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings...

Pirate is an internal competition for Pirates of the Caribbean...

Also they did pretty bad in 2000's... basically Bionicle and Star Wars saved them. So I think that they created a belief that their toys sell better with licensed stuff...

But the real problem was that they fired most of their designers to hire "new" people, top graduates from university... and well. They almost broke the company. that and the infamous fiber optic piece, that actually made the whole set cost more to produce then the price they were selling.

So they bet in licensed stuff. It's a sure that it'll sell and will probably block their competitors to sell licensed sets.
>>
>>7240704
Oh, and I forgot... Space is internal competition for Star Wars. Bionicle was changed to the CCBS system. So it's not Technic anymore.

I remember that I stop like LEGO when the Bionicle series were getting released. I thought that was so strange.

I like old school LEGO. I don't like too much specialized pieces, that's a problem for modern sets, and that Mini-doll thing.
>>
File: 3363-1.jpg (10 KB, 384x288)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>7240704
>But the real problem was that they fired most of their designers to hire "new" people, top graduates from university... and well. They almost broke the company.

To go into some lesser known details, there was a time around 2002 where the Duplo brand was removed and replaced by Explore, a catch-all theme for Duplo, Primo and stuff that wasn't even Lego and all it did was alienating its consumers even more since not only was half of the stuff not Lego but run-of-the-mill toddler-toys, it also turned out that people really liked the Duplo logo and its bunny a lot and removing it was like a cardinal sin.
It got so bad that chain stores told Lego's representatives that their company has no fucking clue and that they know way more about Lego than Lego itself.
>>
>>7240721
That's what they got for firing senior designers...

Sadly LEGO recovered themselves to their original form...

Do you think the adventures set and the Extreme Team sets were products of these new teams? I remember that these sets were too different from the ones from a few years ago.

I don't think so, I think they're in line with Paradisa sets... I really liked Extreme Team and Adventures. And Paradisa... LEGO was doing great with these sets, they looked great, more advanced, used more technic pieces and everything...

Why did they think it was smart to fire senior designers?

That Knex think was a competition territory that LEGO didn't need to step in.

Yet Star Wars sold so well... that they made up for their mistakes, that's for sure.

LEGO even tried to produce bikes, didn't them? I remember seeing a LEGO bike.
>>
>>7240700
Being a clone brand wont stop them from being competition; capitalism doesnt care for niceties, only bigger fish.

Lego is the big fish in this case however. They most certainly accounted for such competition so they concentrated on brand power with license shit and expanding multimedia engagement.

The vast majority of klocki fans dont even collect non lego because all the companies lack legos resources and sheer brand power.

Lego isnt under any threat; why they are in an better position than even with based megabloks being btfoed by the dominance of lego. Im still amazed at how mega failed to kick off into a real lego rival despite at one point packing so much value and attention into their sets.

Even now if lego wanted to btfo the chinkleggers, all they had to do is make military sets since that niche is the only reason most people even bother with chink bricks.
>>
>>7240740
The problem with Megabloks is that their quality is bad, a lot of pieces don't connect well, and they feel cheap. Also their figures are ugly, just look at the Call of Duty. It's hard to change that perception...

But yeah, you're right.

To compete with LEGO you need a multimedia approach + high quality product.

That means, good games, good community, good costumer service, good sets, and really high quality products... the Chinese are only getting into the quality territory lately, and they still lack LEGO quality...

After that they'll have to create great games, good movies, good animations, create a community... it's hard to dethrone LEGO.

But in emerging countries... I think they'll have a good chance.
>>
>>7240729
Basically the new guys wanted Lego to delve into other markets because their core product, the brick, wasn't considered "hip" anymore according to them.
What followed was a shitshow of juniorised sets, a sad attempt to create their own named action hero Jack Stone, nonsensical new systems like Znap or Galidor, Lego software development that became vaporware and wasted loads of money and much more.
They desperately tried to expand everywhere too fast with no concept and at the wrong time.

As for the Lego brick system itself, the whole company was a mess at that moment with little communication and supervision between the different departments so if a designer wanted a new part they just created a mould for it with no regards to anything.
One of the most important steps to make the company profitable again was to get rid of redundant or overly specific moulds and focusing on creating stuff out of basic bricks and simple shapes again.
This wasn't even a "toss a few dozen Junior and Znap pieces out of the list" deal - they got rid of THOUSANDS of pieces from their catalog.
>>
>>7240748
>>7240740
I have one non lego set, a tank from oxford, i really wanted a tank and i read up that oxford were the best tanks
>>
>>7240754
So the communication problem happened before the designers firing or before?

Did LEGO rehire the original designers back?

Around 98 the sets felt very different. They really had a lot of specialized pieces already. Specially minifigs stuff.
>>
>>7240762
IIRC well before.
By the time the part-genocide happened they had like a dozen chef hat molds for some reason.
>>
>>7240771
lol, I see.

yeah, I can see why they fired a lot of designers now.
>>
>>7240704
>>7240721

People keep saying the late 1990s were the dark age for Lego design but man 2000-2005 are the absolute bottom of the barrel for me just because it depleted the classic Lego themes so badly.
>>
I have nothing against minidolls, but I just realized how many great medieval clothes for figures we miss because of that.
>>
>>7240824
Good thing they're perfectly suited for a race of elves.
>>
>>7240827
I was talking more about the disney princess but yeah, you have a point.
>>
People who complain about minidolls don't remember the horror that was Belville figures. At least minidolls are roughly compatible with normal minifigs
>>
>>7240085
This set is a must have
>>
>>7240182
Dots are Jewelery line for girls. AGAIN
>>
>>7238373
Rarely do I make a post, fellow soldiers, but can I get a thought and a prayer for this victim of Sid. I found him suffering in a thrift store bag. I’m pretty shaken. I’ve seen my share of damaged parts, but there’s something really sadistic about this crime scene.
>>
>>7240824
>>7240848
I wouldn't hate minidolls nearly as much if they didn't do the battle droid/life on mars mono-leg thing, but given how thorough the development was that probably made it more successful with girlchilds somehow so I'm not gonna gripe about it.
>>
>>7240811
I agree, after this period the company has never been the same again.
>>
>>7240217
>the good
>the bad
>the ugly
>>
>>7240193
>double-sided torso print
>has tits on her back
This is a pretty retarded idea, and I haven't begun to discuss the absolutely dogshit printing quality.

>>7240880
You can rebuild him. You have the pieces.
>>
File: Brick-in-mm.png (20 KB, 320x320)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
I was studying the LEGO brick. I think I've discovered why it's not 1:1 has a cube as the base for the system...

I was wondering about that too much actually. The pieces are 5:6.

So, there's some math involved. Everything revolves around the unit of 1,6mm.

1,6 x 6 = 9,6mm
1,6 x 5 = 8mm

So far, so good, but the problem appears if you want to stack 3 plates.

Each plate needs to be at least 3,2 height. 1,6mm for the stud and 1,6 for the top part.

For each 3 places you get one piece... so 3 x 3,2mm = 9,6mm.

A stud has a diameter of 4,8mm (3 times 1,6mm), the walls have the size of 1,6mm

So a small piece with a stud between two walls would measure 8mm.

If you want to keep everything at the same proportion, using "one unit" to fit everything, it would be hard to make it in a 1:1 cube, I think.

Maybe you'd have to use 4 plates to make a brick, instead of 3. I didn't calculate a possible resolution for that. But it's pretty interesting that LEGO has a standard unit for everything. including the studs.

Everything in a LEGO piece is about using a unit of 1,6mm and multiplying by 3. I mean, at least the most basic pieces.

I actually think these units first appeared at the Kiddicraft pieces. But I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm that?
>>
Notice how everything fits together under this unit. It's really nice to see actually. The LDU apparently is 0,4mm.
>>
>>7241050
Don't forget that the LEGO logo is raised above the top surface of some pieces.
>>
Time for a census.

Which one is the SHITTIEST projectile-based play feature in lego?

>Flick-fire missiles
>Spring-loaded missiles
>Stud shooters
>Minifig power blasts
>other
>>
File: maidenhead.jpg (85 KB, 800x600)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>7241061
I notice you didn't include cylinder-firing cannons, which is good because they're clearly the best
>>
>>7241057
yeah, but I think that's so small that it doesn't interfere.
>>
>>7241061
squid launcher
>>
>>7241061
Don't those power blasts damage the figure's hand over time when used too often?
>>
>>7241071
>yeah, but I think that's so small that it doesn't interfere.
It interferes if you're doing a stud-to-stud SNOT build, because if a flat surface is supposed to lay flush against the studs, the logos push it out of alignment and create a slight gap. That's why you have to use pieces that either have an inset logo or don't have any logo.
>>
File: call the cops.jpg (155 KB, 1121x841)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>7241071
>>
File: tentative tentacles.jpg (122 KB, 800x600)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>7241073
Your post got me thinking how you could make a small-scale squid.

Anyone have other ideas? This was the first thing I thought of.
>>
>>7241082
ohhh I see. you're right.
>>
>>7241087
>>7241082

Yeah, I see. that's a problem. Maybe their logo should've been cut inside the piece.

That's bad. Probably an oversight that led to problems later...
>>
>>7241102
>Probably an oversight that led to problems later...

It absolutely was, because the original models didn't really have any SNOT techniques, and for a long time things like the Erling (headlight) bricks were just used for basic protrusions. It wasn't until the rise of digital modeling software that Lego's designers started going crazy with SNOT, but by then there were already billions of bricks with the logos raised.
>>
>>7241077
Don't know about the poswer blasts but the super jumpers certainly fucked the minifigure's legs over time.
>>
>>7241104
I see.

But I don't get it, why didn't they do that before?

What's exactly was stopping them?

I download this .pdf, looks great.
>>
>>7241121
My best guess is that the raised LEGO logo has become so iconic that changing it would cause a massive outcry.
And also, changing it sounds simple on paper but it'd mean retooling EVERY SINGLE brick mould that features the raised logo.
>>
>>7241073
Unironically the best
>>
>>7241125
Yes, I agree. I know that retooling would cost millions and millions.

But I didn't think about the outcry, yes, it's iconic, they're not changing it.

But what I meant why didn't the designers come up with SNOT and other technics before digital modeling?
>>
>>7241132
>But what I meant why didn't the designers come up with SNOT and other technics before digital modeling?
It's a lot easier to create complex SNOT builds using a digital program because you can pull apart sections, swap pieces, view interior connections, etc. in ways that aren't easy to do IRL. Plus the QC people can verify that all the connections are legit by clicking "check legitimacy of connections" instead of painstakingly doing math with a ruler.
>>
>>7241132
Because brick-goes-on-top-of-brick was the go-to building technique before the digital age and what little SNOT bricks they used were mostly for detailing like headlights.
Sets like Macy's Bot Drop Dragon, which felt like half of the thing was SNOT brackets, were simply unthinkable back then.
>>
>>7241136
>>7241139
I see. It makes sense.

Which program exactly do they use? Is it LDD?
>>
File: let there be light.jpg (697 KB, 1693x1351)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
Aww yeah, time to get lit!
>>
>>7241143
A more advanced version of it with a bigger parts library.
It's also used for pretty much everything else, be it the Lego movies or the models seen in the Traveller's Tales games.
>>
>>7241031
THE SIX MILLION BRICK MAN
>>
File: IMG_3775.jpg (187 KB, 1000x750)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>7241061
>>7241073
The squid shooter has the worst gun portion, made of some rubbery plastic that I haven't seen in any other bricks, and the worst projectile, prone both to breaking and picking up an obscene amount of dust. And for all that, it doesn't even work.
>>
>>7240301
Nexo Knights is on its way out. Ninjago is also due to end soon. No idea what could be next. Maybe Pirates in Space/Nexo Pirates or something like that.
>>
>>7241146
Where are those lantern pieces from?
>>
>>7241175
Xtra
>>
File: download.png (220 KB, 758x426)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>7241148
I see, thank you for the information, it was very helpful. I really liked that pdf about illegal connections.

It needs an update though, I know the pieces can handle some stuff that used to be illegal.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (14 KB, 255x198)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>7241203
These new reviewed pieces can hold plates now.
>>
>>7241163
Has anyone ever been able to actually shoot from it?? For me the fucking squid always got stuck.
>>
File: tractor beamer1.jpg (91 KB, 817x533)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Well, now Nexo Knights truly bought the farm.
>>
File: tractor beamer2.jpg (96 KB, 731x645)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>7241212
This one only uses the Twinfector.
>>
File: 1392235638510.gif (1.55 MB, 640x336)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB GIF
>>7241212
>>7241213
>that tractor
>that tiller
>that filename
>>
File: wreck and park.jpg (443 KB, 800x1800)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
Posting some stuff over here if anyone is interested in the builds from the game:

>>>/qst/3020299
>>
>>7240083
Genji looks horrendous.
>>
>>7241203
I have my doubts about this one though... it's possible that it's illegal. But, somehow, passed the QC?
>>
>>7240256
>>7240267
>>7240271
>>7240684
It's a copypasta newfags
>>
>>7241077
There's no way it doesn't.
>>
>>7241163
It's the only launcher that gives us cute Rahi animals. I always loved the kraata and krana how organic and mysterious those creatures were and sea mosters are my favourite. Zamors were cool but they were falling out of sockets too often and midaks were too heavy and big. The cordak revolver got always stuck and flickfire and rhotuka never worked. I understand why can somebody hate it but I always had fun with that gun as a kid, yeah it didn't shoot well most of the time but it was hell of a fun to play with the squid monsters to pretend they swim/fly and chew the armor or suck the life from enemies. It feels more fantasy like and less sci-fi. Maybe its just me, I never liked guns I always prefered medieval and fantasy weapons.
>>
>>7241212
Question. You can build that tractor with mostly the parts that are included in that set?
>>
File: HIVE CRAWLER.jpg (182 KB, 1500x1158)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>7241066
Better than a plasma bug catapult that shoots rocks that split apart and contain bugs?
>>
>>7240880
He's not so bad, there's no structural damage to his joints or head. He'll have some holes, but that's what armour is for.

There have been some other 6 million brick men built in the forums, with crushed torsos, gouged faces, and missing limbs. They've found new life, so can this guy.
>>
>>7240880
>>7241031
>>7241452
I love Lego humor.
>>
>>7241208
>Has anyone ever been able to actually shoot from it
I developed a certain feel for shooting these things.
If I let the squid head rest against the protrusions at the front of the shooter instead of squished inbetween, and gently pull the tail back slightly I get it to shoot nearly every time.
>>
File: 1432205787773.jpg (2.6 MB, 1860x1860)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>7241452
>>7241460
Behold not my pics: the legend of one of /toy/'s six million brick men. (I can't find the other one because I haven't organized my lego folder in about a thousand pictures)
1/2
>>
File: 1432320826480.jpg (3.72 MB, 2511x1936)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>7241464
2/2
>>
>>7241464
>>7241465
Seeing theese in the original thread was so wholesome. If all those damaged minifigs could talk about all the adventures they went through. It does give them a lot of character, even TLM acknowledges this to a certain extent.
>>
>>7241464
>>7241465
I remember this guy
>>
>>7241163
The squid were fucking awesome. I must have bought at least ten of the little squid ammo packs and still have most of them.
>>
>>7241163
Funtron, do you have your stuff with you now?
>>
>>7241447
>rocks that split apart and contain bugs
We call those eggs, Anon.
>>
>>7241543
And you must eat them all!
>>
File: 61ePUZs4wLL._SX355_.jpg (13 KB, 355x266)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>7241551
>>
File: IMG_20181111_141653.jpg (3.21 MB, 4048x3036)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
The Kohl's Lego section is actually good. The only drawback is every employee being a Stacy or a faggot
>>
File: pixlr_20181111190350796~2.jpg (851 KB, 2048x2048)
851 KB
851 KB JPG
The 911 is one of the least satisfying cars for engine detailing. It's also really hard to build, so the challenge of that out weighs the subtly of the presentation
>>
Visited a LEGO store an hour from my house since I was in the area, saw Garmadon Garmadon GARMADON! For $62, the new LEGO brand store for $25, Winter village station in full stock (usually sold out near me), and a starlord keychain I could’ve easily soldered our the rod for $2.50. Did I fuck up not piclking up any of these?
>>
>>7241464
I have a minifig somewhere that was overrun by a carnival truck...
poor guy
>>
>>7238373
Looks like OP's gay for Moleman.
>>
>>7241588
What inspirations do you take from when building those engines?
>>
>>7241583
Which Kohl's is this. I'm in MA and see the Pat's gear in your pic so this is close by? Would like to see it as my Kohl's has no Lego.
>>
>>7241712
Who wouldn't be? That manly physique? Those seductive eyes? Those lips that suggest he has no teeth? Imagine.
>>
File: IMG_3127.jpg (3.02 MB, 4320x3240)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
Found this bad boy at a thrift store for about $50 a while back. Has all the pieces, minifigs, and decals. Box is in good shape too. Whoever had it originally never even built the full thing because there is still unopened baggies. Good find yay or nay?
>>
File: 12042.jpg (330 KB, 1000x1000)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>7241752
i'm a mechanic, so there's that.

The 911 has an iconic engine, pic related, so that was just straight up imitation. Usually I just build generic v-block that I think looks cool.

I've been trying for quite a while to build an engine to the scale of the technic 911 gt3 / chiron, as a display with cutaway elements. The results have been... discouraging.
>>
File: mega haul.jpg (1.21 MB, 1600x1200)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>7241755
Not bad, but I've done better. I copped the FA version for 30 USD . Complete and unopened.
>>
>>7241755
>Good find yay or nay?
Obviously, you prick.
>>
>>7241753
Westbrook Maine
>>
>>7241762
>Complete and unopened
How does this even happen?
>>
>>7241769
Buyer's remorse. I buy stuff that was returned. They're not always complete, but everything in that pic was.
>>
File: 9780756672812.jpg (208 KB, 401x480)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>>7241753
My Kohl's has them rarely. It's where I found the book with the skull piece. Love that fucking thing, though I rarely find a chance to use it. They used to have some Kre-o too, which was cool. I used to use collect the figures before they became overly detailed pieces of shit. If you're going into the knockoff brick business why fuck yourself up the ass like that? Ah well, not really the thread for that.

I miss out on a lot of the book stuff and almost all the exclusives. Lost the local Target, only Lego Store nearby is in this god awful mall that's a pain in the ass to get to let alone find parking. Feels bad, man.
>>
File: Awesome dragon.jpg (475 KB, 900x1200)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
>>7241762
I hope you sacrificed a goat afterwards because this is the act of the God of Klocki to let this bounty fall to you in such a pristine state.
>>
>>7241781
>sacrificed a goat
B-but muh slampiece.
Also, a moment of silence for all the bonkles that gave their lives for that awesome dragon.
>>
File: HagridsHut2010.png (223 KB, 459x319)
223 KB
223 KB PNG
>>7241775
>>7241769
Go to stores and ask if they have any damaged boxes/sets they'll sell cheap. Sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you strike gold, though. Years after pic related was off the market my local Walmart dumped four of them on the shelf for fifteen bucks each. According to toy department guy they found them behind a shelf in the back and just wanted to get rid of them I bought three since the fourth had a badly fucked up box. My absolute favorite find, though, was Lego Series 3 minifigure bag, completely unopened, stuck on a peg with the current Series 7s. Damn thing scanned at 20 cents. I mean who programs something that cheap into inventory? Turned out it was the fisherman. Not a great find but for that price hell yes I'll take it. I dug around hoping they had more but no dice.
>>
>>7241794
Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.
>>
>>7241794
Fuck, I thought that open door and lighting was a new trans-orange windscreen and got all excited.
>>
>>7241292
Gave me good laugh

>>7241061
super jumpers that broke the feet of leg pieces

>>7241094
that is very cute

>>7241213
impressive!
>>
File: 05.jpg (114 KB, 800x825)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>7241815
Sadly it is not. It isn't a bad little set all things considered. Shame I don't have more of my old castle sets from when I was a kid, I'd love to build a village and set some knights and wolfpack around it. I suppose I still could. I have quite a few of the figures, including the old green tights robin hood guys, but not the actual castle/forts anymore.
>>
>>7241780
Such a fun piece.
>>
File: IMG_8314.jpg (315 KB, 997x997)
315 KB
315 KB JPG
>>7241823
>>
>>7241834
Stop making me want to buy brickheadz eyes!
>>
File: castleboat.png (311 KB, 340x480)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
This is such a qt boat.
>>
>all this talk about secondhand finds
I'm glad my local media store expanded into toys. I've found some ancient lego pieces, and a ton of discontinued parts (mainly Bionicle).Once and a while they have complete sets, but they're usually the same or more price, and really I'd rather spend 3 hours in the big ass bin.
>>
where can I get discontinued lego star wars the clone wars sets for cheep?
>>
>>7240748
Thats precisely the problem. Mega bloks has great quality now but most klocki fans wouldnt ever know that. Shockingly bad market presence for such great toys.
>>
>>7241583
JUST
>>
File: babby sleeping.png (1.31 MB, 1022x900)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>7241834
>>7241823
it's one of my favorites!
>>
>>7241834
kawaii
>>
File: 999999-887961312799_5.jpg (234 KB, 1500x1152)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>7241885
but their figures are still horrible... and they kind off look cheap, don't they?

They created some marbled military pieces...

It's so wrong.

I think they're lacking some design sense. They some principles of design to create the pieces...

Even LEGO has lost it lately with their specialized pieces.
>>
>>7241972
Also, they could've solved the logo on studs problem... but they didn't. I watched a review and their stickers had defects.
>>
>>7241754
and he is only 30 years of age
>>
>>7239895
fucking disgusting
>>
>>7241972
The issue with the marbled pieces is that they look less like camo and more like moulding-testruns where they didn't bother with the correct plastic and color mixture.
>>
File: Nanoblock.jpg (20 KB, 425x425)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>7240700

>I want to see some LEGO competition.

Nanoblocks occupy a niche for people who want more intricate and 'cute' designs. I've enjoyed constructing a number of their sets.
>>
Fuck! Finally finished this tedious ass piece of shit, now time for the Old Fire Brigade from the same year.
>>
File: Child Jabba.jpg (116 KB, 800x600)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>7241998

Looks cool anon. You should make the tile design by the entrance way into a swastika.
>>
>>7242000
You can use hydrogen peroxide to restore the original color of the yellowed grey bricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGagdufGvGM
>>
>>7242004
>>7242009

Well, I must thank you for providing this information as a number of my older white pieces have begun to turn yellow, but it hardly relates to the shitpost above.

For clarification, the photo above is not of my own creation. I realise now that this may have been what motivated you to notify me of this colour correction.
>>
>>7242011
yes, the idea was to give info about that. There's also this slightly different method. But both use hydrogen peroxide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nAXhiT2kc
>>
>>7242000
>>7242009
>>7242011
I think yellowed grey bricks actually have quite a nice colour for stonework
>>
>>7242018

While every colours has its place it is much harder to preserve the purity of white than it is to allow the descent into colour.
>>
>>7242043

*While every colour has its place
>>
>>7242000
>Child Jabba.jpg
Excuse me his name is Shrimpo the Hutt
>>
>>7242065
incorrect his official name is Lig-Ma
>>
File: quiet contemplation.jpg (89 KB, 800x600)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>7242108
Nah, that's definitely Shrimpo. Hulkbuster anon can vouch for him.
>>
So, with 2018 almost over what were your tops and flops from the sets you bought this year?

favorites:
>Mythical Creatures
Pretty much the best no-bullshit mecha starter kit you can get right now for under 15 bucks.

>Tech Wizard Showdown
Talking about deceiving looks. The set looks fugly and unappealing on the box (and yeah, in a way it is) but the play value is through the roof to the point that there are multiple functions on the set that aren't even shown on the box.
The whole Gordian/Baikanfu-mech style is just fun as fuck to mess around with and having the option to shove the Merlok or Monstrox holograms into the large mech is just icing on the cake.

>Twinfector
The first leaked images made it look pretty boring and uninspired but when it was revealed that it has a split and transformation function it shot up to one of my must-buy sets of this year. It feels like it's straight from the late 80s/early 90s and with a slightly different color scheme and simpler parts wouldn't really look out of place in something like the Blacktron II line.

disappointments:
>Quantum Realm Explorers
This would've been one of my favorite sets of this year, with its surprising amount of greebling, relatively low price, cool design and more but holy shit, did they blew it with the minifigs. Wasp in particular is horrendous and the fact that we're getting an accurate helmet mould next year in an unrelated set is just adding insult to injury.

>Ideas Voltron
It's big, its imposing, it can combine... and uh, yeah, that's pretty much all there is to it. The play value of the combined model is next to zero, some areas even feel unfinished like the SNOT brackets on the back of the soles and the whole thing screams "Why? Because we can". The sword handle also feels way too wobbly and if something is about to break off.

>Unikitty Cloudcar
Overpriced outside the States and Unikitty's head is poorly printed in pretty much every set.
>>
>>7241348
Well, I guess that what's "only uses the Twinfector" means...
If you want I can give you a breakdown of the model or an LDD file.
>>
>>7241972
The figures are amazing; and more customisable than minifigs ever will be

Most of this tank is actually made from basic pieces. Far better price to pieces ratio than lego too. Only the hatch and tow launcher are specialised parts.

>>7241973

Mega bloks prints all their bricks now

>>7241982
Camo bricks arent always perfect; this particular light tan is alright aside from too many whites.
>>
>>7242163
>The figures are amazing
they don't fit in with the brick aesthetic at all
>>
File: wip.jpg (664 KB, 2493x1243)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
I'm working on a cowboy prison loosely based on Fort Legoredo.
>>
File: lego rock.jpg (9 KB, 300x209)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>7241543
Well, it only came with two eggs, so you had to be resourceful when reloading spider and scorpion payloads.
>>
>>7242179
Those are my favourite types of pieces. But isn't it bit whacky on that left side?
>>
>>7240209
Gonna need some brick arms for these guys. Hopefully they make them game accurate.
>>
>>7242383
It is because I'm waiting on some tiles from cracklink in order to finish.
>>
>>7242179
I love this name. lol
>>
>>7242065
It's ok, he's a larper, so he's retarded.
>>
File: .jpg (36 KB, 500x333)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>7242194
fwiw you can also fit 15 spiders in one of these sharks.
>>
File: 726201711426.jpg (168 KB, 800x570)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>7242177
They don't fit with Lego brick aesthetic. They look fine with their own, more detailed stuff.

And even then, the figures are still amazing independent of the sets.
>>
>>7242429
Yeah on it's own this doesn't look bad and actually seems like fun, but combine it with Lego and it's an eyesore.
>>
>>7242429
Eh that goofy ass ladder in the background shouts brick aesthetic. They tried to do too realistic when the molds are more advanced than the printing. The figs you posted are pretty good, but a lot of them, especially older, have the green plastic army man vibe from the over use of one color with no printing to break it up.

I liked the world of warcraft line because the cartoony style and colors translated much better to toy form, and matched the brick aesthetic a little more.
>>
>>7242429
They look like bad action figures. They look like some cheap figures you get a 3 year old so that when they break you aren't out of too much money.

They are bad and you should feel bad.
>>
>tfw the comfy pre-lego movie days of /lg/ are gone
>>
>>7242437
Maybe the very first wave of CoD figures. I have some of those first sets and yeah, the green plastic looks a little soapy. But it's really not been used since that I can think of. Although i really don't know what printing you're expecting on green fatigues.

>>7242441
I'm sorry about your eyes, anon. I hope you can afford that surgery soon. :)
>>
>>7242445
Cheer up anon, now we can have brisk stimulating conversation about the portrayal of gender roles in the next movie!
>>
>>7242449
That anon described what I felt...

Bricks are geometric things... the figures should met it. That's why the Minifigures look so good with LEGO. The mini-dolls not so much... but it's okayish... but these soldiers are just too detailed.

Mega blocks needs to hire a good designer.
>>
>>7242449
Not expecting printing so much as expecting realistic coloration to match the realistic sculpting. Soldiers don't wear solid colors with boots that match their pants. The light tan harness on the right fig over his light tan torso looks very green plastic army man to me. The pockets and detailed sculpt there could use some printing, or just use another color harness like the left dude.

I'll stop before this gets even more PBBG though.
>>
>>7242445
what do you mean anon
>>
>>7242449
I'm sorry you're so poor you could never have nice things.
>>
>>7242463
Eh, nah. I just genuinely disagree with you.

>>7242467
Fair enough I guess. Although if you're only saying the stock figure configs are the problem that's a pretty easy fix. In fact those guys are just from my generic mook/background character group of all my leftover desert-y guys. So they didn't get much consideration, looks-wise. Also, most boots are now seperate swappable pieces. Very few match their pants like on these much older figures.
>>
>>7242471
before the lego movie was released lego general was slower but the quality of posts was much better
>>
>>7242425
oh thank god
>>
>>7242138
>Tech Wizard Showdown
I want this one. I'll probably buy it.
>>
>>7242475
As far as post quality goes, bitching about post quality is probably the lowest. People still do MOCs and post leaks and discuss sets. There is just more discussion between 'good' posts. You can easily check once a week and still see everything.

This is actually the best /lg/ has been since I got here since no one is shit posting about licensed themes, there is no daily reminder about spots theme, and there aren't any TFW no klocki memes in every thread.
>>
File: IMG_20181112_153952216~2.jpg (721 KB, 1710x2453)
721 KB
721 KB JPG
>>7242163
> figures are amazing

The xenomorph is legit. It's the only mb fig I have, so I can't speak to the whole lineup, but I love it.
>>
>>7242489
>mb alien

I hope funtron does a minifig vs. preditor quest one day.
>>
Guys, if you want to buy LEGO in bulk I found out that shopgoodwill.com is a good place to look for.
>>
File: 20181104_162848.jpg (3.65 MB, 5312x2988)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
>>7242441
Well they are pretty affordable, massable and have way more than 5poa despite being The Smallest action figure on the market.

>>7242437
The comparison to army men has been made by others and in a good way. Military toys arent doing so well but these figures keep that aesthetic alive. However the ability to mix and match countless pieces across their different themes to make custom figures is quite unlike anything else.

The other good thing is they are well scaled to giant pbbg sets.
>>
>>7242528
Checking it out right now. Some are shit, but most are actually pretty cool.
>>
>>7242528
>>7242537

This one looks great, for example:

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/59969915

I wish I was in US. But I'll try to import some stuff.

>>7242534
That military anime girl is 10/10.
>>
>>7242539
>>7242537
T-This one can o-only be wrong, right?

Any anon in US can make it happen? lol

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/59973646
>>
>>7242546
Okay, it's wrong. Forget it:

Box Measurements (inches):
Length: 14"
Width: 14"
Height: 14"
>>
>>7242546
>1232 lbs.
>$2 handling price
well okay then
>>
>>7242463
I dont know about you but some block builds get quite photo esque; these figs look especially great next to the aircraft mega has made.
Megas design team is amazing; they have a tabletop/videogame concept art flair to them and tackle fantasy and sci fi quite well.

>>7242467
Some figures have more prints and paint apps than the others but since this isnt lego, they sadly do not have the resources to go all out. What you still get is insane value. Lego has it lucky they can just do 2d prints; even the backwards chinese are able to make unique minifig printing.

>>7242489
Count yourself lucky, many mega general folks havent even been able to find this in stock.
>>
>>7242551
I noticed something about the Alien thing...

Do you think that mixing terror stuff will work well for a kids brand? Or do they want to capture adults too?

I don't think that adults would choose megablocks instead of LEGO though...

Personally I think these war sets and alien stuff are a turn off to me.
>>
>>7242445
>tfw the comfy pre-lego movie days of /lg/ are gone
Reminder that there was never a time before the Lego Movie and your memories of the threads lasting two weeks and not being filled with tourists is just nostalgia.

Trust me, I've been here since 2016 so I'm pretty much an oldfag.
>>
>>7242579
>2016
>/lg/ oldfag
lel
>>
>>7242583
>pretending that the shitstorm since 2016 hasn't felt more like 20 years instead of 2
It's a technicality but I'll have to side with that anon on this one.
>>
File: lego6.jpg (1.59 MB, 2448x3264)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
My latest MOC.
>>
File: lego3.jpg (119 KB, 1280x1118)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
another view
>>
>>7242599
Cute and simple
>>
>>7242485
>This is actually the best /lg/ has been
It's not bad, but I miss people participating in the thread theme builds. I feel like there was more of that one or two years ago. Though I can't bitch too much, I personally don't really have the time to participate anymore either
>>
>>7242605
yeah i agree on that, the slow pacing and fewer posters made it feel a bit more tight-knit and made people take the time to make something
it's still nice here, definately my favourite place on this website now after like 9 years of coming here already
>>
>>7242548
Yeah, it's a typo. Estimated shipping shows 23 lbs. Still worth a bid or two.
>>
>>7242564
Im pretty sure thats where mega has fucked up the most. Only high disposable income klocki obsessed manchildren like me seem to love the perfect blend of gritty army toy, block building system and joyously fiddly toy that megas collector series stuff represents. They seem to have a target demographic of 15 - 25 yr olds. Of course typical normies within this age bracket wouldnt want a thing to do toys at all aside from a quirky geek funkopop or lego starwars set.

Unfortunately while classic bungie halo had enough legacy to actually hook in gamers between 15 and up to the point where licensed brick sets sell, they could not repeat this success with cod.

For the same reason i dont think overwatch lego will do very well.
>>
Just2good is a Chad. His ex girlfriend is a qt 3.14
>>
File: The Falcon.jpg (421 KB, 1712x1152)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
>>7241755
I got mine off of a friend who included the Galaxy Patrol set with the green mech and tank and a garbage truck for a little less than 100 altogether. Mine was missing a few parts, but nothing major. Unfortunately it was all fully built, so I didn't get to build it myself.
>>
File: pixlr_20181112183128158.jpg (2.24 MB, 1803x2048)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
I put an engine in a different 911 last night, so I thought this would be a breeze. Took way longer, but looks good. IDK if any anon knows about this Porsche's rear wing it wasn't for aerodynamics. it was an extension of the engine cover, where the intercooler was housed. I really want to build that feature in the future.

>>7242551
>Count yourself lucky
I do. I went back the next day to buy another, haven't seen another, anywhere.
>>
File: pulse.gif (1.23 MB, 600x338)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB GIF
Beware my pulse canon!
>>
>>7242732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtO8Rq6L4U
>>
>>7242732
One of my absolute favorite minifigures. I was so surprised when Lego decided to release a classic gray alien. I have four but I wish I had more.
>>
>>7242689
instructions are always available online. just part it apart and build it yourself, dude
>>
>>7242684
Why would he do a podcast with her?
>>
>>7242750
His pay pigs wanted it
>>
File: 1428372254661.jpg (97 KB, 457x425)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>7242732
>sergeant 'dick' mcgayface has panicked
>>
>>7242763
Ahh, still imagine it would be super awkward
>>
File: jungle buggie.jpg (99 KB, 800x600)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>7242605
>It's not bad, but I miss people participating in the thread theme builds. I feel like there was more of that one or two years ago.
Not many people do the thread challenges anymore because even if you see the thread as soon as it's made, you only have a day or two to work on the challenge. We used to get more participation because the threads always lasted a week or more.

I want to say this was from 2014?
>>
>>7242825

Do you know if there's a way to request mods to sticky lego general threads for this purpose?

Another option is to start a discord which retains members and cycle through new threads every few days.
>>
File: weather strips.jpg (223 KB, 800x600)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>7242836
>Do you know if there's a way to request mods to sticky lego general threads for this purpose?
You would have better luck these days just making a specific thread for that specific build challenge, separate from the /lg/, but linked from here. It takes several days for a thread to fall off the board if it's not autosaging.

Somewhat unrelated, but I kind of liked that anon's idea to make a booru for mocs.

>>7242009
>You can use hydrogen peroxide to restore the original color of the yellowed grey bricks.
Yeah, I do this every summer with my yellowed white pieces, but I enjoy the various shades of gray.
>>
For a while we had monthly challenges. Why not just go back to that? It should be easy now that we don't have multiple people competing to make the next thread early and not bothering to copy the OP, links, or make a good challenge.
>>
File: IMG_4249.jpg (300 KB, 1305x1202)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
>>7242741
Same here.

It'd be perfect with the new mid-length legs in light bley. I have really short third party ones but they're a little too short.
>>
>>7242883
>It'd be perfect with the new mid-length legs in light bley

That'd be nice! It was pleasantly surprising that Lego added swingin' short legs finally.
>>
File: blacktron.jpg (45 KB, 736x760)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
When are going to get a new space theme?
>>
>>7242939
Never ever
>>
>>7242939
>When are going to get a new space theme?
They should be coming out with some sets for this in 2019.
>>
>>7242942

I really hope Lego doesn't touch this series. Hopefully with the release of the final Clone Wars season they will have a justification to mostly avoid it.
>>
star wars is not lego space theme
>>
>>7242939
>you may talk to me or my son whenever you wish
>>
>>7242954
>you may talk to me or my son whenever you wish
what does this mean ? is this a joke?
>>
>>7242957
It's an old meme that anon has just repurposed for a friendly new use
>>
>>7242944
Maybe it'll be like Rebels. Feels like they didn't really make too many sets of them at all given how long the series lasted. Stranger still was Freemaker's given it was a flat out Lego Star Wars cartoon!
>>
>>7242968
I think it's because each year they're pushing a lot of Star Wars sets from the movies, so there's only so much room for the cartoon tie-ins. Then again what the hell do I know about Lego's decision making process, I'm surprised they're doing arctic city sets again so soon. Maybe we'll get totally-not-the-same volcano explorers in year or so and it'll be a stealth Power Miners return.
>>
File: pixlr_20181112232159760~2.jpg (716 KB, 2048x1824)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
This was the first speed champs I bought, and I bitched endlessly about it. But if Lego had never produced the theme I'd haven't been able to build this, and other, really dope vehicle-shit.

Got to roll with the punches.
>>
> T-two! I-I-mean, one! Ticket to Brixxie Bley in: Studs N’ Suds!
>>
>>7243001
Fuuuck
>>
I don't know why but I genuinely feel warm inside whenever I look at those old spacemen minifigs. Does anybody else have this feel?
>>
>>7243003
Good one!
>>
>>7242825
I want to make them but I ususaly dont have time to do them :(
>>
>>7243026
I am saddened remembering all the Lego lads who didn't survive the 80s and I lament the carless little shit I was with them growing up. Sorry, laddies. I'll pour one out for you later.
>>
>>7243026

My goodness those are in excellent conditions. The only sign of damage I can see is light abrasion on the stud of the black astronaut.
>>
>>7241495
I have one bucket of assorted bricks on hand, but no time to build with them. I'm looking forward to getting back into it during the winter holidays.
>>
>>7242599
nice

>>7242674
Yeah Overwatch will be interesting. We'll see how far the licenses can hold the sales.

>>7242702
cute

>>7242732
It's made of crystalized human heads.

>>7242825
That's easy to fix. Make the thread two week long with the same theme. Or maybe make it monthly...

What do you say?

November challenge: Build something cozy for Autumn/Winter.

>>7243026
Space Power Rangers.

>>7243003
Nice.
>>
>>7241203
You know... I was thinking why this connection is legal and the other one from the Illegal connections pdf is not....

I think that the act of placing a plate between the stud is no illegal... what makes it illegal is the plated pieces with studs... why?

Because of the LEGO logo on the top of the studs... if you place the plates like this connection, it'll damage the logo, but if it's stud-less it won't, thus why it's legal.

That's why this set is legal.

What do you think?
>>
A studded plate placed with its stud between two studs feels legal.

A tile doesn't have that limitation and can be placed anywhere. Its edge is beveled though, I think that's why it's legal. The clutch on that beveled edge is less stressful.
>>
>>7243252
I see. But what is it about the stud that makes that connection illegal?

The width of the piece continues the same, even with the beveled edge...

It would be the same stress, I think. Since some connections are illegal because of the LEGO logo, I think there's a possibility of it being illegal because the stud is scratching/stressing the logo.

It's hard to know, because it's now explained in the illegal connections pdf.
>>
>>7242425
from where is that shark?
is it perhaps a pirates of the caribian set?
>>
>>7243026
They were so great back in the day. I still remember playing with those guys with my brother. I remember we would use the space under the footrest of my dad's recliner as a big cave on an alien would to explore. We had them walking upside down on the 'cave' ceiling because fuck physics we're space explorers!
>>
>>7243282
Yeah, the Silent Mary. Came with a pair of them.
>>
When do the Spider-Man sets come out? I want that fucking venom mech
>>
>>7241212
This just might be the best alt model of all time
>>
>>7241212
Harvesting laughting fruits.
>>
>>7243026
Hygge af
>>
File: IMG_20181113_171917.jpg (3.8 MB, 3024x4032)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
A thing I made
>>
>>7243377
Looks nice
>>
>>7243162
>light abrasion on the stud of the black astronaut

Mine has that too. No Nut November is for pussies.
>>
>>7243003
I didn't realize there were so many suspicious lego expressions.
>>
Should I get the Parisian restaurant or the Detectives office beforethey retire?
>>
File: lego.jpg (623 KB, 3264x2448)
623 KB
623 KB JPG
>>7243514
Yes Yes Yes
>>
>>7243377
Pretty cool. I'd add statuettes to the corners of the pedestal.
>>
File: Christmas Morning 1990.jpg (1.54 MB, 2988x5312)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
OK /lg/, I just bought some road plates and a couple of smaller modulars with the intent of creating a small main city street. The question I have is how should I design my sidewalks so that the baseplates the larger modular sets are built on line up with the road plates?

In return, I suppose I'll post some displays from a local Lego event I went to a few days ago.
>>
File: Down on The Farm 1.jpg (1.67 MB, 5312x2988)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB JPG
>>7243551
>>
File: Down on The Farm 2.jpg (1.21 MB, 5312x2988)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>7243552
>>
File: 20181111_110353.jpg (1.02 MB, 2988x5312)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>7243554
>>
File: Hidden Goblin Village.jpg (1.41 MB, 5312x2988)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>7243557
>>
>>7243557
God DAMMIT, Unikitty.
>>
File: Tie-Dyed Fighter.jpg (1.25 MB, 2988x5312)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>7243562
There were like three other "Cloud Cuckoo Land"-ed Star Wars ships. I was particularly fond of Pic Related.

>>7243561
>>
File: Amoeba Records.jpg (1.47 MB, 5312x2988)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB JPG
>>7243567
>>
File: Amoeba Records Interior.jpg (1.28 MB, 5312x2988)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>7243569
>>
File: Dragon King Castle-Mech.jpg (903 KB, 2988x5312)
903 KB
903 KB JPG
>>7243570
>>
File: Snow-covered Pass.jpg (981 KB, 2988x5312)
981 KB
981 KB JPG
>>7243571
>>
>>7243573
>>
File: Lego Golden Gate Bridge.jpg (1.37 MB, 5312x2988)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
>>7243576
>>
>>7243580
>>
>>7243573
"So who's gonna climb up to the very top and light the signal fire for Gondor?"
"1-2-3 NOT IT!'
>>
>>7243589
I actually met the guy who built that, >>7243576 and a minifig-sized replica of the Charles Bridge in Prague... And he made that joke too.

>>7243586
>>
File: 20181111_110540.jpg (1.75 MB, 5312x2988)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>7243591
And of course, you can't have a complete display area at a Lego Convention without at least one big-ass modular city...
>>
File: 20181111_110857.jpg (1.4 MB, 5312x2988)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>7243598
A lot of it was made up of actual modulars though, so I'll just focus on the OC stuff like this church.
>>
File: 20181111_110943.jpg (1.33 MB, 2988x5312)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>7243602
>>
File: 20181111_110702.jpg (1.82 MB, 5312x2988)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>7243609
These apartment buildings which happen to be sitting next to a modified version of the Ninjago Temple.
>>
File: 20181111_110645.jpg (1.86 MB, 5312x2988)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>7243611
>>
>>7243591
Maybe that IS the guy. He doesn't even want credit for his creation, he just wants to keep telling that dad joke.
>>
>>7243614
Yeah, he was more jazzed about the space station build because it was the first time he had ever branched out into something like that and admitted that he's going to scale back on the castle stuff...

>>7243612
And to top off the town setting, there's a spooky cemetery
>>
>Just spent $114 on
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=75045-1#T=S&O={%22cond%22:%22N%22,%22ii%22:0,%22ic%22:0,%22iconly%22:0}
and 2 used of
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw537#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}
Please tell me I'm not a complete and total retard for spending that much on Star Shit. I shouldn't have spent anything cause I just bought the Old Fishing Shop about one month ago, and I'm a student who's probably gonna drop out, so idk what I'm doing.
>>
File: 20181111_110719.jpg (1.56 MB, 5312x2988)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>7243617
And I forgot the image like a newfag.
>>
File: 20181111_110755.jpg (1.86 MB, 5312x2988)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>7243619
>>
File: 20181111_110834.jpg (1.84 MB, 5312x2988)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>7243618
Sombody at the con I was at had the Wolfpack minifig with all accessories for almost double for what you paid, while I don't know enough about Star Wars sets to say whether or not that second one was a good deal.

>>7243622
>>
>>7243491
I used to hate the more detailed expressions because they, well, sort of imposed a personality on a figure and exchanging a new expression could be tricky. Either you don't have the expression you want or say you do but the facial features aren't close enough.

Still I've come to love them, even some of the goofier ones like the almost maniacal smile on the brick suit girl's face.
>>
File: 20181111_121512.jpg (1.26 MB, 5312x2988)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>7243627
Yeah, I kind of grew to like the more expressive minfig faces.

Also, to continue my photostream from the little Lego Convention I went to, the vendors were a little bit price-gougey IMO.
>>
File: 20181111_121159.jpg (1.42 MB, 5312x2988)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>7243631
Some of them had interesting things for sale though.

Also, MINFIGS EVERYWHERE HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
>>
>>7243003
https://youtu.be/ob47JX3KKAE
>>
>>7243552
wow, it has a really nice harvest moon into it.
>>
>>7243631
>Black Pearl for $100
That's a steal.
>>
>>7243551
>I'll post some displays from a local Lego event I went to a few days ago.
thanks for the pics, I always enjoy seeing Lego convention displays. I'll make sure to take some pictures this weekend at Lego Fanwelt too
>>
>>7243571
gomon gibe a hug bah vriend
>>
>>7243627
Do LEGO still have the : ) and the 8 ) expressions? I love them.
>>
>>7243698
They were common enough for the big modulars, though I think with the diner they decided, fuck it, and switched to modern expressions.
>>
>>7243714
>>7243698
I've found it, you can buy it from LEGO replacement parts... it's code is 9336. I'm buying a ton. They never went out of production. They cost 28 cents.
>>
>>7241208
I learned that you put the head gently in instead of squeezing it inside of the shooter. It was deifnitely a weird way of shooting it compared to others but it was doable.
>>
File: 1541862773565.jpg (28 KB, 400x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>7243722
>I learned that you put the head gently in instead of squeezing it
>>
File: blakctron2.jpg (33 KB, 600x450)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Where Blacktron the baddies or was that MSM fake news?
>>
File: Lego-Series-11-Evil-Mech.jpg (1.15 MB, 4320x3240)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>7243738
Says it all, really.
>>
>>7243755
Space. Villain. 'nough said.
>>
File: IMG_1339.jpg (170 KB, 2048x1536)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>7243757
>>7243755
Octan are evil now too. NOTHING IS SACRED
>>
>>7243774
What why
>>
>>7243798
President Business owns Octan
>>
File: yBMDyCIO_400x400.jpg (10 KB, 265x265)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>7243798
Because fuck capitalism.
>>
>>7243551
>Christmas morning 1990
But the SNES wasn't released until 1991... I know, because I bought one.
>>
File: 61tY89dvk7L._SL1000_.jpg (60 KB, 1000x1000)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>7243824
You mean your parents bought one for you, right Grandpa?
>>
>>7243633
Holy shit that spaceman looks terrible. At least get the head proportions right, damn
>>
File: good.jpg (63 KB, 350x350)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>7243191
>That's easy to fix. Make the thread two week long with the same theme. Or maybe make it monthly...
>What do you say?
>November challenge: Build something cozy for Autumn/Winter.

OK, you're in charge of making every thread for the rest of this month. Don't slack off!
>>
>>7243850
When they were working on the head they accidentally picked up the wrong instructions. It happens, okay?
>>
>>7243561
Love builds like this. Looks like they just cut it right out of a larger world and plopped it down on it's own.

>>7243377
Oh I see. You think you're too good for us so you built an Ivory Tower to keep us at a distance?
>>
>>7243827
>You mean your parents bought one for you, right Grandpa?
Nah, I bought it myself. $200 at Woolworth's. $50 from my grandparents for Christmas money, the rest I had saved all year because it was like a Nintendo only super. Also bought F-Zero because I had enough.
>>
File: snuggle strugle.jpg (1.12 MB, 3264x2448)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>7243627
>>
>>7243868
>incorrect rotation
>disgusting hair all over the figs
>ridiculous resolution

You tried.
>>
If the anons who drew these are around, please tell me if you would like to be credited on the wiki
>>
File: Rin.png (18 KB, 422x700)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>
>>7243863
>Also bought F-Zero because I had enough.
good taste

>>7243904
>>7243902
wew lad
>>
>>7243551
Oh wow, that's a great idea.
Build any 8-16 bit console out of lego and just pop in a raspberry pi running an emu.
Shit that sounds fun.
>>
>>7243872
Actually I didn't even try. Someone else posted this a while ago and I just saved it. Didn't even bother trying to rotate it afterwards. I didn't even earn a fail star on this.
>>
File: pixlr_20181113214751072~2.jpg (529 KB, 1926x2048)
529 KB
529 KB JPG
Does anon have an opinion on this build technique?

It's not forced, but it doesn't clutch. it's less secure than a clip holding a tile. it is held in by more than gravity though.

Rant. Some dumb fuck Verizon customer keeps getting b& on /pol/. I had to go through 6 captcha screens and read a fucking warning.
>>
>>7244144
I use Technic pins to anchor those ribbed tubes.
>>
>>7244230
There is one on the cone end. Another one, on the opposite end, forces the centerline of the tube too high, and the hood won't close.
>>
>>7244253
What if you use a 1x1 brick with Technic hole instead of where you've got that tap
>>
>>7244258
>1x1 brick with Technic hole
If there wasn't a stud on top, that would work. The gold studless round tile is the hard limit on hight.

I might need to post an image with more angles
>>
What's the consensus on Destiny's Bounty? I can get it for around 100 EUR and it would be mainly for display purposes.
>>
>>7244303
The new one is 10/10. You can even sell few figs for good money.
>>
>>7244303
Assuming you mean the Ninjago Movie one, it's an absolute 10/10 and you should definitely get it. Immediately. It's easily one of the best sets of 2017 and I can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>7243815
>>7243816
n-noo
>>
>>7243856
I'm not the guy charged with that, but that's a better solution.

I actually think there are multiple guys charged for that. so the last thread was a mess.

So let's make it monthly, right?
>>
>>7243868
h-hey

that's not smash bros...
>>
>>7244144
Do you use 4chanx? It helps.

Nice car.

>>7244253
Yes... technic bricks have side holes higher than the system bricks... it's also illegal to connect the studs into the hole, since they're smaller...
>>
Hey. How much people here play Minecraft?
I'm thinking to get realms server to play with you guys.
>>
>>7244385
>Do you use 4chanx? It helps.
>Nice car.
>Yes... technic bricks have side holes higher than the system bricks... it's also illegal to connect the studs into the hole, since they're smaller...
No it's not. It's only illegal if you connect more than one successive hole on a brick. But either way, the discussion was about Technic pins.
>>
>>7244469
I stopped playing Minecraft in middle school
>>
>>7244469
Can't play online server games. Have a limited bandwidth per month. Something like Minecraft would bankrupt me.
>>
Question or a riddle , answer me to set you free ?!?

How many parts in one kilogram of lego
>>
>>7244584
about 7
>>
File: 2FrJbeH.jpg (227 KB, 1024x768)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>7243557
>>
>>7244584
>How many parts in one kilogram of lego
Seven.
>>
>>7244469
I would play.
>>7244573
Damn, living in the third world must suck.
>>
>>7243660
Different guy but I recently scored a republic gunship without minifigs and only missing 2 or three pieces for $40 Canadian at a toy show, meanwhile down the hall there was a guy selling one in box for like $300. I was so happy
>>
>>7244584
Shfifty five
>>
>>7244584
Bout tree fiddy.
>>
File: Balls Deep in Klocki.jpg (180 KB, 862x856)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
>>7243872
>>
File: 1528542945822.png (16 KB, 923x713)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>7241972
As someone who collects both Mega Construx and LEGO, I can say that you have a point regarding some of the Mega designs, but recently, they've improved quite a bit. The figures don't look horrible to me. Sure they lack the great LEGO approach to customization, but they're still very customizable and are just closer to action figures than LEGO minifigures. Surprisingly, you can like both brands!
>>
>>7244584
10 kilograms of feathers
>>
File: 1523722267116.png (77 KB, 645x729)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>7244715
>"no you cant like them both"
>>
>>7240062
I believe box weight is a factor as well
>>
>>7244806
who are you quoting
>>
>>7244845
Elliot Rodger, Ph.D., CPA, Esq.
>>
File: IMG_20181114_163259.jpg (1.81 MB, 2448x3264)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
Just passing by.

Also the polish Cartoon Network magazine has Unikitty with disc shooter polybag.
>>
>>7244854
>kosa bojowa
Kurwa, yes!
>>
>>7244854
>saggy
>old
>man
>tits
>>
any Classic Space fags around? A guy on eurobricks posted a way to turn trans-clear parts a pretty decent yellow, using turmeric for dye.
>>
>>7244924
how?

Does it get inside the pieces or is it just a painting?
>>
>>7244926
>how?

boil 2 cups water and 4 tsp turmeric
reduce heat until it's just simmering
toss pieces in and stir
wait 2 minutes
remove and wash pieces

Seems to work better with some parts than others. With the 6-wide round flat thing the color is not quite intense enough, but the 6-wide windshield is just right. And yeah, the color soaks in, it's permanent dye.
>>
>>7244958
So the pigments do enter inside the piece. That's cool.
>>
>>7244958
>>7244924
Wow, that's some cool shit. Can you take some comparison pictures of those next to true trans-yellow pieces?
>>
>>7244958
>>7244924

if you want to make the transparent pieces to shine again follow this guide:
http://the
brick
blogger.
com

/2012/04/make-your-clear-lego-shine/
>>
>>7245038
I couldn't post the link, 4chan was thinking it was spam. Anyway...
>>
>>7245038
oh hey thanks. I've got some parts that could really use this.

>>7245029
The 6-wide windshield on top, the container door, the circular whatsit and the oval canopy on the bottom are dyed. The rest is standard Lego.
>>
File: IMG_20181114_190702992~2.jpg (808 KB, 2666x2221)
808 KB
808 KB JPG
I've been looking everywhere for a sticker sheet. I found one from a friend's set, so....

I got a weeb car. I wish I'd taken it a little more seriously. I have more though, I'll see what happens.
>>
>>7245155
This is your best one yet.
>>
>>7245155
What set are those stickers from?
>>
>>7245155
Fuckin nice.
Looks excellent, anon. Now just get a anime girl to drive it.
>>
File: Lego Hitomi.jpg (78 KB, 700x700)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>7245264

To my knowledge Lego's only line featuring manga looking minifigures was Exo-force in 2006.

Of this series I think Hitomi was the only female. She looks a bit tsundere but I think she would fit in with the overall design.
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=exf020&name=Hitomi&category=%5BExo-Force%5D#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}
>>
>>7245271
As you can see she has large anime eyes. Do any other anons know of any other manga/anime inspired Lego minifigures?
>>7245155
>>
>>7245279
The ninja/castle theme minifigs had asian looking faces.
>>
>>7245279
Just Exo Force.

I remember seeing some anime bootlego heads that were pretty decent if you want to go that route.
>>
File: 3626bpx3.png (98 KB, 240x300)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>7245333
Pic Related is the only female face from that series though.
>>
>>7245335

That's a shame. At the very least of the few lego exo-force minifigures made most tend to be fairly cheap.

>>7245339

Her features are simply oriental (epicanthic fold, etc.) as opposed to cartoonish. Strangely anime faces sometimes appear more West-Arctic than East-Arctic.
>>
>>7245279
The Clone Wars faces look like retard anime characters.
>>
>>7245364
true
>>
Used the LEGO What am I? For a nice Star Wars display, kindve wish I had a bit more Jedi or find a way for my clone commanders/captains to fit. Also both generations of General Grevious and Nute Gibran did not fit although a Savage Opress, Chad Bane (if he fits) and Count Dooku.
>>
>>7245364
Fucking this, the new Dooku and RotS Anakin look great but the Clone Wars versions are god awful, especially that one snow geared Anakin with the Family Guy mouth
>>
>>7245067
>turmeric
I think it could work with real pigments.
>>
What does /lg/ think of Lego board games?
I picked up Atlantic Treasure at a market on the weekend and although I haven't played it yet, I read the instructions and it seems like it should be a bit of fun. I've got Heroica but it was a little disappointing. We've had fun with Creationary, though. Are any of the others of any value?
>>
>>7245568
>What does /lg/ think of Lego board games?
they're neat but often very simplified and held back due to being made out of Lego. That's sadly especially true for Heroica.
I did have Atlantis though and remember it being my second favourite after Pyramid.
>>
>>7245568
Heroica is 8/10 But only if you play it all witsh slight changes
Pyramid is Fucking amazing/10
Harry Potter is 10/10
Kokoriko and SHave the Sheep are my favorites
>>
>>7242939
You'll get more grey Star Wars ships and like it.
>>
>>7245568
We have the old Lego Castle (2007?) chess set, the one with the skellies vs knights. We hate chess but it was a good source of army building.
>>
>>7245621
interesting, they always seemed so boring to me.
>>
File: macy-brigette.jpg (107 KB, 1049x530)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
New Macy hairpiece now that LEGO is doing OW. Please?
>>
>>7246042
We'll never get it, like we'll never get the Classic Space shield.
>>
File: IMG_20181114_174333093~3.jpg (1.03 MB, 3357x2679)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
Put stickers on my gt40. Don't know if improved it, but the black dark grey color scheme looks better to me.

>>7245157
>>7245264
Better or than stance?
>>7245219
No clue. Not even sure it was friends, just assumed from the palette.
>>7245271
My cars can't fit minifigs.
>>
>>7245219
>What set are those stickers from?
Some of them are from the Heartlake Hair Salon

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41093stk01
>>
Do you folks have significant others?

Recently started seeing a really amazing girl, but I was worried what she'd think when she saw the Lego shelf, and live steam engine shelves, but she was drawn like a magpie to both, and wants to do a joint build of the Lego Disney Castle.

Reckon this is a good sign, or not?
>>
>>7246464
Well funny enough my fiancé was the one that brought me back into LEGO after buying a couple sets for fun.

She never was exposed to LEGO as a kid only old toys from her grandparents house like Lincoln logs and found the process calming and fun overall, she has a bit of OCD so when I first found my old box of legos (characters were mixed up or incomplete ) so we spent the whole day making all characters back to normal (CMFs, Super Heroes, townspeople, etc. I did all the Star Wars ones though.

After that she was interested and we’ve started a little city we have on display on our upstairs hall. Honestly if you find a girl AND she’s excited to build a Disney castle she’s a keeper. But most importantly, make sure you guys are both happy with each other
>>
>>7246469

I'm gonna blog post a bit, so bare with me folks. We had been talking for ages, and met up on Tuesday, we were pretty much instantly comfortable. We were both nervy at first, but I uh, broke the tension, as it were. Well, anyway, we took a night time stroll of one of the UK's heritage sites, and looked at all the nifty antique/thrift type places, then we went and explored a long dirt road, in the middle of nowhere. I mean, major red flags if suggested, but she loved the idea. After that we came back to my place, she had a rummage around all of my nifty things, Lego, model trains, vinyl, live steam engines, and we pretty much spent an entire day just cuddling, and chatting, in bed. It was great, really relaxed and natural. So I have a really good feeling about it, and she's worried she's overly affectionate. (Something I was worried I was doing, whoops)

Well, she wants to do some Lego stuff together, and have a mess around with some of my other toys, too. So I'm gonna buy in a few sets she'll be interested in, and we'll put on a movie or something. She likes Disney, so have you folks got any good suggestions for sets you can do together? The Castle is gonna have to wait until I take on my Christmas job, but it's something we can both do together for Christmas.
>>
WHY THE FUCK HAS NO ONE MENTIONED HOW CHEAP EVERYTHING IS ON FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE?! FUCK ME I JUST SAW 2 FULLY COMPLTE DEATH STARS AT 200, 3 RECENT MODULARS AT A $120 STARTING PRICE SOMEONE SELLING THE FORE BRIGADE. AND CAFE CORNER FOR 250 FUUUCK
>>
>>7246529
>SCHNOZZBOOK
>>
>>7245621
Pyramid is Reiner Knizia, and it makes all the difference
>>
>>7246495
I don't have any set recommendations, but I just wanted to say that sounds like a very, very good first date and i think you've got yourself a keeper. Good work, anon. Keep it up and just stay natural. Don't overthink things too much and do whatever feels right!
>>
>>7243627
Expressions on generic faces are great if you can collect enough of them for specific faces when it comes to photography. Makes me wish the neutral beady-eyes face had more expressions a-la Benny.
>>
>>7242599
Looks like a ghetto version of Robin's mini-Fortrex.

RIP Nexo. I told them to focus on buildings in the feedback, but they wouldn't listen!
>>
Got this set for 50 Aus bucks, great set!
>>
>>7246678
Man I wish Star Wars never existed.
>>
File: d66.png (561 KB, 854x740)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>7246692
>being this bothered by people liking things you don't like
>>
File: 45848941492_d070b46d73_k.jpg (707 KB, 2048x1366)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
Do your worst.
>>
Been together with my girlfriend for 5+ years. She likes what I build, but she has her own hobbies like painting and crocheting. It's all cool, every once in a while either one of us goes "honey, I love you a lot, but I'm gonna do my own thing now."
>>
>>7246529
Am I retarded or can you not search for stuff? I don't see a search bar.
>>
>>7246718
Wow anon, if you made this then you did a really fantastic job! The only thing I don't like is the laziness with the dude's eyes.
>>
>>7246718
That's pretty cool.Except for the cheese slopes that form red girl's cheeks. No way that's a legal connection.
>>
>>7246800
Unless he's Iain Heath / ochre jelly then he didn't make it. Saw it on Iains fb earlier.
>>
>>7246815
Double-width cheese slopes attached to a half-Travis in the neck.
>>
File: pixlr_20181116130310535~2.jpg (478 KB, 1331x2048)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>7246815
Not necessarily, but a lot is obviscated by being out of focus
>>
>>7246886
>>7246889
Yeah, that was my thought too.

Still think those eyes are a shitty cop-out.
>>
It's going to take a while to flesh this out, but it's a start.
>>
>>7246678
Where and how?
>>
Bread is almost dead, new one baked right out of the oven:

>>7247035
>>7247035
>>7247035
>>7247035
>>7247035
>>
I don't want to shit up the new thread.
Sticker placement on the engine came out nice.
>>
>>7247085
Not a fan of stickers, but that looks nice.
>>
>>7246943
Dude was selling on gumtree, he had a heap of Star wars sets. He wanted to sell me then in bulk but I just wanted an X-Wing. He advertised it at 60 but when I got there he didn't have change and accepted 50. Maybe he just needed to get rid of it? But it's brand new.
>>
>>7246692
>>>7246678 (You)
>Man I wish Star Wars never existed.
Hey look, two Lego space theme sets!
>>
>>7247110
Lucky sonofabitch. I haven't had a good score on Gumtree in over a year. Well done mate, I'm jealous!
>>
>>7247243
Well I jumped the gun spending over the odds for the new Hogwarts express because I couldn't find it anywhere to seeing it at Myer for 105 so everything fine a balance.
>>
This one was always going to be less interesting, visually. At this scale, mid mounted will be hidden by the b pillar.
>>

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.