[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 205 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

The first thread soared past the bump limit, the second thread barley got 20 replies. Let's try this again.

This thread is to help you with meeting other /trv/ users while travelling overseas, lots of us travel solo and sometimes it's nice to hang out with either a local for a few hours, meet up with someone wanting to do a similar activity to you (Hiking, motorbike touring, roadtrip ect) or just have a bunch of people you can go out with on a Saturday night. The choice is yours.

Alternatively, if your not travelling at the moment but still want to meet some new people you could always offer to be a guide around your own city or simply be down for having a beer at a local bar, its up to you.

To make sure your meeting up with the right people (IE: So a backpacker doesn't meet up with a sex tourist, or vice versa) best to include some details such as...

>Location
>Age
>What you plan on doing/what kind of traveller you are

Basic Q&A

>Why would I want to meet up with people from 4chan?
/trv/ is often quoted as having the most normal and least autistic users on 4chan.

>I think im too autistic
Get out of your comfort zone then. Nothing to loose.

>Does /trv/ have the best userbase in all of 4chan
Yes.
>>
File: GOPR1910.jpg (3.34 MB, 4000x3000)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB JPG
I'll kick things off:

>Nepal (May 20th to 26th Pokhara & Kathmandu. From 27th onwards, Annapurna loop trek)
>Europe (20th July onwards for months) Going to do the eastern block, berlin, Amsterdam for sure, rest will decide once I'm there.
>23
>Backpacker, enjoy hiking, partying and natural wonders.

Also to the helpful Bulgarians from 3 years ago who were going to help me get to Budludzha but never managed to work out: I'm coming back to Bulgaria at some point in the next few months, wanna meet up and get some beers?
>>
In Bali for the near future. 29, male. Surf, dive, explore, no interest in clubbing.
>>
Why not, resident in the italian alps for 15+ years, can go on a hike with anon (no buttsecks in mountain shelters tho)
Trentino Alto Adige area.
>>
>>1407552
>Trentino Alto Adige
Where exactly?
>>
>>1407472
White privilege: the picture
>>
>>1407575
u jelly?
>>
>Switzerland, most of August, September, and October
>20
>There for work, but planning on hiking and climbing in my copious spare time.
>>
I'm in Bangkok right now on the bts headed to nana plaza to watch girls a bit (won't be fucking one tonight). I'd be down to get a beer with someone or do something else in Bangkok that is fun another day, I'll be here till Thursday.
>>
>>1407592
O btw I'm 21 /fit/izen from the US, and I like the nature and temples here a lot.
>>
>>1407575
U mad, shitskin?
>>
>>1407472
*nothing to lose
Not loose
>>
File: 124609_front.jpg (80 KB, 611x826)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>Location
Sweden. Gothenburg & Stockholm.

>Age

Going to southern Italy (Salerno) first two weeks of July, both as a trip to the sun / mediteranean and to practice my Italian.

Might go to Thailand at the end of the year. Reason; Unknown. I have a friend who wants to go and I've never been there.
>>
>Copenhagen
>7-8 July
>20, student from Asia.
> Want to check out the natural beauty in Scandinavia but am down to party while I'm in the cities.
> Will be staying in hostels
>>
>>1407575
Straight bangs spotted, return to Tumblr pls
>>
>>1407575
Why do you live in the West if you hate whites?
>>
>>1407674
>Denmark
>Scandinavia
>Two days
>>
>>1407674
>>1407687

also

>denmark
>scandinavian beauty

Denmark is flat and boring
>>
>>1407575
Imagine being this upset you comment on a mongolian finger painting board on a subsection of focused on travel complaining about White people. Sincerely, seek mental help. Your life doesn't suck because of White people. Your life is shit, because you are shit.
>>
>>1407554
North Valsugana / Trento downtown depending o the day
>>
>>1407674
Didn't specify my plans before. I'm in Copenhagen for 2 days before moving on to Norway. I want to restrict the whole party phase of my trip to those couple of days and dont want to socialize much after that.
>>
21/F/Manila

Would like to meet new people, have a couple of drinks and/or tour them around.
>>
>>1408109
Can we go machinegunning drug lords with the boss?
>>
>Paris, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Germany (it will be around the first days of September)
>23/M
>im down to have a drink, smoke a blunt, talk about life or w/e
>>
File: 15139709245610s.jpg (5 KB, 150x200)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>1407472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37u4bPK8Smg
>>
>>1408117
That’s part of the tour friendo
>>
>>1408173
>tfw no genocidal azn waifu gf
>>
>>1408109
And go back to the hotel room together with a vague promise of getting a greencard?
>>
>>1408190
I don't hear much about killing drug lords nowadays so I guess the best thing I could offer is going to a shooting range

>>1408196
>marrying a mutt
I'm not that retarded
>>
>>1407472
They die because 4chan users have the attention span of infants and stop monitoring their posts after a handful of hours.

Also I'm going to be doing the South-West of France in Sep, still not got a full itenerary sorted but arriving in Carcassonne, doing the Pyrenees and visiting either Montpellier, Bordeaux or Lyon after. Open to suggestions or altering my schedule slightly if someone wants to meet for a drink, a smoke, some hiking or just a coffee
>>
>Location
Chisinau, Moldova
>Age
Backpacker, just chilling with relatives here atm, would love to have a drinking pal or sth. Not much to do here. Going to Romania at the end of the week.
>>
>>1408202
How about a European instead?
>>
Am going by myself to Thailand from July 5-13, 37 yo male probably gonna hang out in Bangkok and Pattaya with maybe a day or two in Koh Chang, may scrap all that and just go to Phuket instead since it's like $70 for a flight there from Bangkok.

Gonna probably train some BJJ while I'm there, not a big drinker but I'll be hanging around the bars, gonna bring some LSD with me, hit me up if you want to hang out.
>>
>>1408271
Nah I'm good. I don't want a hook up or a relationship, just someone to hang out with
>>
>>1408222
>They die because 4chan users have the attention span of infants and stop monitoring their posts after a handful of hours.
/trv/ is one of the slow boards, the expats and about-to-travel come back day after day.
>>
I’m in Calcutta. Let’s shit together.
>>
>>1407472
Orlando area local here, if any of you fags are going to Disney or NASA.
>>
American guy in Brno, Czechia
probably going to the balkans or ukraine for a bit however Ill be back
>>
>>1408326
>I don't want a hook up or a relationship, just someone to hang out with

That's why when I made the thread I didn't include gender in the info section.

Ultimately, it's not really important unless you really are looking for hookups specifically, in which case 4chan is probably not the best place to look for them.

If gender is something you think you need to mention before meeting people, just say it to them via email.
>>
File: GOPR1599.jpg (3.83 MB, 4000x3000)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
Is anybody going or want to go to EXIT fest in Serbia?

>23
>australian
>solo Backpacker

Lineup looks absolutely wild (Plex, Solomun, Beyer, Brejcha, Klock, Jax jones, Yetar, Elderbrook, Guetta, Garrix to name my top).

I'm traveling solo though so I don't know how it would be at a music festival, I've only been to them with 10+ friends which makes them fun no matter what.

Stuck in a rut and dunno what I should do, buy a ticket and regret or not buy a ticket and regret...
>>
>>1407473
Lmao I think this is me. Whad up?
>>
>>1407472
>Belgium
>30
>Heading to Vietnam/Cambodia/Thailand soon
>>
>>1408760

>Knew you still were lurking

Doing good chief, that trip to Bulgaria was my first solo trip ever, now on a 1 year round the world solo trip at 23. Come a long, long way since then.

Offer still stands to go for a day trip somewhere or beers (my shout) once I make it to Bulgaria some time in the next few months if you or your buddy are keen.
>>
>>1408776
Nice. Yeah, definitely down for meeting up next time you're around. I'll still be on trv, lurking in these threads.
>>
>>1408764
Would you be in Brussels or Antwerp?
>>
>>1408756
The amenities at Exit are what you can expect from a eastern european festival: shit. Plus it gets HOT in serbia in the summer. I guess you're australian so it doesn't matter, but be warned.

Alternatives with better lineups:
Dimensions (Croatia)
Melt (24h)
Awakenings (best techno/house lineup)
Dour (also has DnB, metal and hip hop)
Lowlands (During day hip hop/indie/pop, during night techno/house/dnb)

Do go to festivals on your own though, I've done it a couple of times.
>>
>>1409084
>Do go to festivals on your own though, I've done it a couple of times.

Alright I'll give it a think.

Awakenings sounds pretty good, though I'm still kinda sold on Exit.

The amenities can't be worse than some of the ones in Australia, 2 years ago the only shower at the whole festival was a firehose raised in the air that just created the biggest mudpit ever, so you'd go in there to get clean then get covered in muddy shit.
>>
Traveling to luang prabang tomorrow and will be there for a few days to check out some cool scenery and temples.
>>
>Location

Present--May 28: Western Massachusetts
May 29: New York, New York
May 29--June 24: Mexico City and surroundings
July 3: Tokyo (long layover -- will stay near Narita but visit the city in the evening)
July 4--August 28: India, primarily New Delhi NCR, West Bengal, Odisha and Chhattisgarh

>Age

24, will turn 25 in August.

Mixture of work, nightlife and travel in and around CDMX. I've visited India eight or nine times already and will be visiting friends and exploring some of the jungle and terrain in the eastern part of the country.

I'd say I'm a healthy blend of adventurous and lazy. I'm definitely not the kind of guy who feels pressed to see something new and crazy every day, but I'm still not too old for hitchhiking motorcycle rides to waterfalls and ignoring warnings about Maoist guerrillas.
>>
>FR
>26
>I will stay in Copenhagen for about 4 days, and maybe have a day trip to Malmo or Lund.
>>
>>1409184
This week ofc
>>
Going to the US late August early September, wanna see if I can go to a college football game somewhere in the south.

Was lurking in a thread a few months ago and it was one of the must do things lots of people recommended to do in the south around that time. I love watching sport at home, play (australian) football at home & interested a bit in the whole college scene (though would happily settle for a nfl game if it was easier).

Issue is, I know shit all about American football and universities in the US are not normally in big cities with plenty of hostels, other young tourists and attractions to visit...
>>
>>1408109
I unironically live there but not sure if I want to meet up with someone who could know me or people who know me
>>
>19/M
> ~6th of July

I'll be hitchhiking through North-Western France and then to Barcelona.
I enjoy art, music theatres, nature, exotic foods and cultural festivities.
Dislike beaches and weed, but I don't care if that's your thing.

Would love to meet like-minded people.
>>
>>1408697
My bad. Yeah you’re right, that makes more sense. My post sounded attention whore-ish for including the gender. Nevermind then.
>>
>>1409262
Well with the amount of people living in Manila, the chances of me knowing you or us having mutual friends is really low. But yeah no pressure, just looking for people to hang out with.
>>
Osaka, 20/M. Interested in anything at all, enjoy drinking/nightlife but any endeavor is nice. Will be traveling around Japan for next couple of months, in Osaka for a week.
>>
>>1408764
Will be in Saigon august-december, you gonna be around then?
>>
>>1407472
I don't know where else to ask this. But I want to travel around Europe for a few days (4-7 maybe) by train, starting from London. Hop on hop off type thing, where we just walk around the city and talk then move on to the next one.

But none of my friends want to, and I don't want to travel alone.

Where do I find travel buddies without getting killed lel? F 20.
>>
>>1409632
I'm sure you could find a guy who will not only travel with you but pay for everything and more. If you're okay with having a sugar daddy.
>>
26/M/Taipei, Taiwan

Let's go pound some beers and walk about Ximen or kill an evening at a night market
>>
>>1409632
>for a few days (4-7 maybe) by train

Any reason why you want to do it this way? You will literally see shit all in 4-7 days if your constantly moving.

May as well do 2-3 destinations proper.

Also heaps of backpackers in Europe, just go to a hostel somewhere, meet some people and tag along with them for a few days.
>>
>>1407575
It's abunch of monkeys drinking alcohol, what priviledge you retard.
>>
>>1409557
True, but it's a small world still. Let's say I assume based on your english proficiency that you're from a half decent school. That narrows it down by a whole lot.
>>
>>1407472
holy shit, I know the guy with no shirt on.
His stories about traveling around SEA are actually mind-blowing.
>>
>>1408524
Holding hands during defecation has no gay connotations in India, it's simply as sign of respect and friendship. Westerners need to get used to this fact. True buds squat together.
>>
>>1408639
All the cool NASA stuff is in Houston, surprisingly, unless you can time it with a launch.
>>
>>1409776
>Excitatory statement
>No shirt
>"mindblowing"
gay
>>
Gonna be in Vienna from May 26 to 30. Anyone up for beer?
>>
File: AA016A.jpg (5.17 MB, 2941x1960)
5.17 MB
5.17 MB JPG
June - Azerbaijan
July - Kazakhstan
August - Kyrgyzstan
September - Tajikistan

>24/m
>Canadian
>I like to fuck around hitch hiking, exploring, hiking, meeting locals, etc. or just chilling and playing ping pong or something. Speak a little Russian

Drop a contact if you wanna meet up
>>
>22/M
>Australian

Going to be in Adalucia (mainly Malaga) 10th July-18th July. Just going to explore, drink, touristy things, go to bars/clubs and practice my Spanish
>>
>>1409761
Sure, then how many half decent schools are there in Manila? And how many students in each school? But yeah don’t worry, it’s alright
>>
>>1408756
Don't listen to the other guy, EXIT is great

t. went more then 5 times to EXIT

I am currently in Novi Sad and will be there until the end of EXIT. It's comfy

Also I am traveling solo
>>
>>1409761
>>1410034
lmao, dodged an autistic bullet right there
>>
>>1409262
>I don't want to meet up with people I know

???
>>
>>1407472
Where do orange people come from?

:0
>>
In jakarta until august
28/m
>>
>>1409785
Falcon Heavy was pretty fucking cool to watch.
>>
>>1410066

Cool, so do you go solo every year?
>>
>Pattaya, Thailand
>27
>I live here, but I'm usually a "leave your phone and get lost" when I'm looking to have a good time.
>>
>>1411046
Can one hang out and date ladyboys in patts or they take paying customers only? How to sex them for free?
>>
>>1411091
>Can one hang out and date ladyboys in patts or they take paying customers only? How to sex them for free?
I had ladyboys ask me if I'd take them on a holiday. Obviously they wanted me to pay for everything but I don't think they were asking for a daily rate as well, would probably end up begging me for cash handouts anyway though. I didn't accept it because I wasn't after anything like that.

Had other hookers ask similar things but I never agreed because I was pretty sure they'd be asking for money from me regularly and I didn't want the grief.
>>
>>1409665
>22 y/o
>I'll be in Taipei from 22nd June till 6th July and am travelling alone.
>I wanna do some sightseeing and other tourist bs, but mostly I wanna relax and meet new people so I wouldn't mind having a drinking buddy there
>>
in asuncion now
>>
>Hong Kong (11th - 21st June)
>22
>sightseeing, hiking, generally like to hang out w/ people
>>
>>1412421
Oh, hey there. Will be in HK 19 and 20 of June. Could meet for beers or something.
>>
File: 1522503952578.jpg (419 KB, 1280x974)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>UK, Italy, Germany, Poland, Netherlands (July)
>19
This is my first time traveling alone. I want to make the most of my time in Europe but I need some guidance. I enjoy natural scenery, art, architecture, bars and local music
>>
>>1412831
If you're in the Netherlands between 14-20 july, come by Nijmegen for the biggest urban festival of the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen#Vierdaagsefeesten
>>
Will be in Laos for the first half of June. 29/m/USA, English teacher living in VN, will be traveling with Brit coworkers.
>>
>>1409785
Yeah also I'm in Houston if anybody wants to meetup
>>
>>1409665
Moving to Taiwan in a few days. Gonna be in Taipei for the first week or so before I go to Hsinchu. I wouldn't grabbing a drink at some point, probably gonna need it during my training.
>>
>>1409262
why even post
>>
File: 1525103695890.jpg (403 KB, 1959x1469)
403 KB
403 KB JPG
>Granada, Nicaragua (June 5th-14)
>32/M/US
>Hiking and crossing into Costa Rica for the National Parks
>>
>>1412425
sure
any idea on how to exchange contact info without spilling the beans on a jamaican farming forum?
>>
>>1413476
Correction: I will be there on 18 and 19. Arriving 18th, and I have pretty much all of 19th free. If you're still here I could do a sharklasers. Or we see later in this thread.
>>
>>1413210

I'll be in Houston mid September, is there anything much to do/see there?
>>
>Tbilisi, Georgia, caucuses
>22
>desperate to leave Georgia and do something interesting, light outdoors stuff, hitchhiking, backpacking

Bound for central asia but having trouble planning it and reluctant to just "wing it" as I don't speak russian and would probably just end up camping in some boring capitol for six months
>>
>>1407575
>t.nigger
>>
>>1409632
I recall hearing about a female only travel buddy app/site somewhere, maybe look into that?
>>
>>1414571
Travelgirls or something like that. Essentially just a site to find sugar babies.
>>
>>1413327
Cause he’s an autist
>>
>Japan, Nagoya (19th June)
>20yo
Hey guys, uhm...
I will be alone in center of Nagoya on 19th June, for a couple of hours (around 4-5 hours probably) may be someone here could keep me company? I’m a fat slav guy, can’t find any russian brothers on these dates, so would love to make connections with some of you.
>>
Western WA/Kitsap/Olympic Peninsula

27/M

I live out here and I'm a transplant. Super friendly (especially in comparison to Seattle Freeze types). Let's get a beer or something
>>
>>1412421
>>1412425
Im in HK from the 13th June- 27th by myself if either of you too wanted to meet up.

Ill post a throwaway email for contacting in the morning
>>
>>1414794
Please do.
>>
will anyone be in few months in sarawak/brunei?
>>
>>1413522
>>1414794
made a throwaway as well
dudeinhk@hotmail.com
>>
Bout to be in Hanoi, then Vientiane, then Vang Vieng, then 4000 islands. Let’s get a drink or rent bikes and go see some shit.
>>
>>1414484
update:
plans coming along, plant to take the ferry to aktau and travel by rail with a stop ar the aral sea and the baikur cosmodrome (which I woun't be able to get into but can still watch rocket launches from the perimiter).
then down through skyhmkent and to almaty
>>
I will be in Cairo this winter, probably in January.
Otherwise I live in Paris so if you'd like a local to show you around or have a drink I'm here.
>>
Anyone free at night in Bangkok June 12?
>>
>>1407472
In Chicago, going to Australia in August
I like nature and outdoor stuff, I don't like clubbing, bars and stuff
>>
>>1407575
theres an asian girl you racist shit
>>
July and August will be in Bangkok
September and November in Tokyo/Kyoto.
I'm not sociable at all. So if you don't mind a weirdo sitting next to you and listen to you talk most of the time, let's hang out and explore
>>
>>1415641
Where? I only see an oriental girl,
>>
>>1415471

Will be doing the exact same but in november/december, maybe someone else is planning ahead...
>>
>>1415615
are you coming to melbourne?
>>
Dubrovnik tonight(6th -9th) ...
then off to Kotor Montenegro (9-12)
Then Budapest until the 15th.

From there it’s berlin till the 19th ... can’t fucking wait (15-19)

Then Amsterdam 19-whenever (I’m Dutch Canadian)

If anyone is chill or wants to party let me know.
>>
>>1416398
not around but great itenerary
>>
>>1416405
Thank you sir.

So far it’s been ... Portugal (Lisbon,Lagos)
then into Spain, started in Seville and made my way up to Barcelona.
Took a flight to Milan, train to Genova, from there another train to Cinque Terre, camped for a few days, after I left for Florence then down to Rome.

Took a flight from Rome to Split and went up north to the national parks (Plitvice) currently now in Dubrovnik to party.
This trip has been mind blowing, been in every city roughly 3 nights. Cheers.
>>
I am a Bulgarian living in Sofia, Bulgaria. Not much into partying, clubbing, and girls. Interested in politics, culture, geography, history. Somewhat socially awkward but not that much. If anyone here will be in Sofia until August, contact me. I'll be busy in July during the days because I'll be an intern in our MoFA, but after 18:00 it will be alright for me.
>>
>Location
The Netherlands. Zwolle, but since this country is fuck small anywhere is fine.

>Age
18, yeah whatever

>What are your planning to do
From June 30th to July 8th I'll be going on a roadtrip through Western Italy, near Lucca and the Apuan alps etc. I'll also have a layover in Switzerland, near Luzern on the 30th and the 8th.

>What kind of traveller am I
To be honest I have to figure that out myself yet since the only thing my parents ever did when they went on vacation was sunbathing. I'd figure I'm more of a culture tripper. The things I'll do in Italy for example are a wine tasting and going to the opera in Lucca and hiking the Apuan alps, yes I know I sound boring.

Als to note that I've have a slight speaking deficiency which causes me to stutter, but I swear that my autism isn't noticable
>>
>>1416398
I live in the Netherlands even though Amsterdam is about 1 1/2 hours by train. If you'd like we could meet in the weekend because I have work on most weekdays
>>
>>1416398
>>1416854
See >>1416852
>>
>>1416398
I'm Canadian Dutch, nice to meet you
>>
>>1414794
contact me on this mail >>1415151
if you still want to meet up
>>

Plan: I kinda wanna make a social experiment YouTube video because if you're a foreigner here you can literally do whatever you want. I think people would laugh their ass off if they saw the shit you can get away with here. Immature I know but was just thinking about how fun it would be if my friend was here because we would be daring each other to do dumb shit all day.
>>
>24
>WHV backpacker
>Returning to Sydney late June
Let's go check out cars for sale together, friendos.
>>
Anyone in La Fortuna, Costa Rica? Looking to go out.
>>
>Corfu, Greece (4th to 8th July)
>20
>Relax at the beach, swim and explore the island cycling. Down for a drink.

This is going to be my first solo trip.
>>
>>1417827
Wasn’t there a post in this thread from Manila too?
>>
>>1418239
Oh wait it’s female and a local nvm
>>
File: 20171127_153239.jpg (2.38 MB, 4032x2268)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
Amsterdam
5-9 August

Lago di Garda + surrounding area
17-21 August

Up and down the German/French border region
11-17 August

22, male, normal, /fit/, American
Interested in culture, architecture, traditional stuff, nature, outdoors, food, beer, nightlife, etc. I've traveled plenty with my family and with fellow backpackers but this time I'd like to meet locals and see what they have to offer. Still down to have a beer/tour something with a fellow traveler though.
>>
>>1407575
Are you doing something to help out the non priviliged?
Fucking scumbag
>>
>>1409184
I am here rn don't go to Malmo is not worth the train and not really that nice
>>
Bali
22, male, Estonian
Interests:Try surfing for the first time, explore the island, making skinsuits of fellow travellers, hike/climb a mountain, visit some tourist traps and probably party a bit aswell.
In bali for a month starting at 22.06.
>>
>>1415546
I'm planning to do the same, what launch are you planning to see? Any info about you? Drop an email
>>
>>1407472
>Bangkok 14th - 18th of June (maybe longer)
>20, UK
>First time solo travelling. I'm down for anything see what this city has to throw at me, from the nightlife to chilling in temples. Wanna chill in bars and watch some World Cup, more than happy to take yanks who don't have a clue!
HMU: sunkilmoon212@gmail.com
>>
>>1418640
>making skinsuits of fellow travellers

are you a serial killer?
>>
26/expat

Living in and around Lille, France until September then moving to Wroclaw Poland if anyone wants to meet up

Interested in museums, hanging out, drinking and smoking. I know this area pretty well.
>>
>>1408122
Where in germany?
>>
>Lyon, France
>6-9 July
>19/M/Polish

like nature, good food, local culture and art.
>>
I'm a 25 year old frogman living in Lyon.
I won't travel abroad for a little while but I like to drink a few beers, smoke a bit and go to concerts during the weekend or hang around after my 9-to-5, and it would be nice to do that with foreign anons for a change.
Otherwise I can still tell you where to go according to your interests as far as I can help, and maybe accompany you depending on the circumstances.
>>
>dublin

>20 irish/arab

>italy/Switzerland

any irish bros out there
>>
>>1418799
forgot to reply to >>1408222 and >>1418744 like a good autist
>>
>Location

Indonesian Borneo, maybe East Java if I have time.

>Age

Going deep into the jungle to meet some orangutans and Dayak. East Java I'm thinking Mt Bromo.
>>
Going to Dubai in a few days for 4 days.

Is there anything much to do there? I ended up with 4 days as its just when my flights were leaving.
>>
>>1418813
>>1418799
Probably going to go to Lyon about the last weekend of August then, will give you a shout when I book accomodation
>>
Im in Quito untill next week monday and in San José costa rica until august.

21 dude down to get some beers.
>>
>>1418641
I'm in Aktobe ATM and it's epic boring, I'm having a hard time working out if there is in fact anything at all to do in the region.

I missed the manned launch on the 6th which was a real shame, the next one is on July 9 (or thereabouts) carrying cargo

Trying to work out if I should go north to uralsk or south to the arsl sea...maybe even east to Siberia
Not a load of info on the English web
>>
>>1420147
But yes I'm just one of those wanderers, 23/m
Had a jumpy year through China, Morocco, caucuses, Balkands etc.

If you're in the region let me know (firstportcall@mail.com), I might be able to help even if our schedules don't line up
>>
>>1420027
There are always festivals of one sort or another. Good beaches at Jumeira, assorted world's biggest thises and thats. Day trip up into the "mountains" ut as far as I can tell there is not much there other than looking at some "I am fucking visiting Mars" scenery which is cool if you think that is cool. Get out into the desert, there are cheesy "Bedouin camp" evenings, or more upscale excursions, at least one of which visits a reserve for Oryx and gazelles and such. If the camel races are on, se that. Various stuff around the "Ditch, including souks and dinner-on-a-boat stuff, including at least on place that has inner-tubes-on-steroids equipped with a grill so you can float around and grill stuff and eat. Ski indoors which is fun if silly. Water Park is good. Day trip up to AD to see the big-ass mosque. "Indoor skydiving" over near the Palm, but skip the Palm since from the ground it is just hotels and shit on narrow islands. If doing stuff on the ocean is your thing, there is that. There's a small museum in the old fort, only about an hour or so to do there, but it is the only hint of old-Dubai history I've found.

Anything you want to do outside, plan it for after sunset, though. You're going to find it brutally hot there this time of year.
>>
I'm in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City for the foreseeable future. Let me know if you want to get coffee or watch soccer. I speak French and Spanish too if you want to practice those.
>>
File: IMG_20180619_134712.jpg (3.55 MB, 4032x3024)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB JPG
Hi, two anons in Hong Kong here meeting up. From this thread.
>>
>>1418730
I have to leave from Berlin back to Spain, but other than that, I have a few days to explore anywhere around Germany (which I am totally flexible with it).

If you are up for a beer and a few memes I could try to make it there
>>
>>1421960
That's awesome, hopefully I get to meet someone, nothing better than meeting new people, it's been the salvation to my depression.

Cheers
>>
>Location

Newcastle Upon Tyne 20-30 June
Dublin 1-7 July
Amsterdam 8-15
Copenhagen 16-21

>Age/Nationality

22 year old Australian law student with unusual skillset so I have/can travel quite freely.

Museums, architecture, gardens/parks, drinking and live music. I'm also taking plenty of day trips to surrounding national parks and towns. Mildly autistic but would love to met some anons for a beer and/or a local tour if you're feeling it.
>>
I'll do it a little bit different.

>Dominican Republic
>25

If you're planning to come here, i can show you around.
>>
>>1422029
what are you planning on doing in Newcastle for 10 days? not a bad little city but thats pushing it (assuming you aren't going outside the city)
>>
>>1422128
I know - I'm staying with an old friend so I'm really taking advantage of the free accommodation and using the place like a base. Going hiking in the national parks, going up to Edinburgh on 25-26 June and so forth.
>>
>>1421960
Hi
>>
Kill yourselves
>>
Im a dutchfag who lives in tokyo, a couple of months each year for work (accountant stuff). Love the city and people but It can be lonely sometimes. Any /trv/ people who are in the area and wanna hangout or need a guide to show them all their weeb fantasy places?
Pic related, its the view from my bedroom
>>
>>1422258
Dude that's amazing, I'm not even close to going there for now, but could we just chat for a little bit? You sound like an interesting person and ttytt you could probably help me with my trip to Europe
>>
In Budapest tomorrow.

Thinking about going to one of the big party hostels for a night in a day or two, is this a good idea or will I be to shitfaced to see any of the sites the day after? I love to party, but don't want it to ruin my whole next day.

Anyone around and want to join?
>>
>>1422604
>is this a good idea or will I be to shitfaced to see any of the sites the day after?

Can confirm, was too shitfaced to do anything for the next day and a half...
>>
>>1408776
How's the money situation on this kind of thing? Do you need to have a huge amount of saving for something like this? I want to do something like this as well.
>>
>>1421960
>h-hi
>h-hey, you anon
>yeh he-he
>wanna get beers?
>....
>....
>....
>Here's you're beer gents!
>such a success let's post on 4chan he-he
>yeah he-he
>>
>>1424447
u jelly?
>>
>>1424447
That is the most homosexual post I have seen on /trv/ this week. Did you get lost here on your way to /r9k/ ?
>>
>Berlin
>24
>I can show you around, if you know what I mean
>>
>>1424447
Projecting hard
>>
>>1424467
19/f/neukölln

I'm new here. Do you think you can show me around the artsy part of Berli?
>>
>>1424467
I'm going to Berlin on September, I'm down for a beer or any recommendations you have.

23/male.
>>
>>1422258
How long have you lived there?
>>
>>1409266
Hi man. I am also 19 yo and I am from Barcelona. If you're finally coming here I can show you the city if you want. I love my city and you'll see it is very beautiful. It is a great way for me to also visit the city since even if I live here, sometimes we just don't explore our own city as much as we could. If yur're interested, let me now.
>>
File: 1496981272733.png (249 KB, 423x365)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>1424701
Hey man, that would be awesome!
let's get in touch; my email is mfnomad@gmail(dot).com
>>
Anyone wanna smoke a joint and hang out around Bled,Slovenia?

30yo and nothing to do in the next few days
>>
>>1424467
>>1424528
>>1424561
Berlin resident here as well. I'm 22 and down to show anyone around.
>>
31/m/cairo

I'm Egyptian but live in Abu Dhabi. I know only my family here. Down for anything really.
>>
>>1424528
Oh yes definitely bb, I'm an artist myself you know
>>1424561
Kotti for Kulturclash, Mitte for museums and nice historic buildings, there are many nice parks all around, you should check out Teufelsberg and/or Viktoriahügel to get a nice view over the city, many nice, small bars in Neukölln and Wedding, clubs all over the city, concerts of every genre almost every night etc. You wont get bored if you don't want to. We can go for a beer but I'm not very talkative
>>1425205
Greetings
>>
>>1407575
lmao you got them all to fall for that bait.
>>
>>1425260
>I'm an artist myself you know
You know how to wield your paint brush, eh?
>>
>Location
Washington DC for all of July
>Age
>What you plan on doing/what kind of traveler you are
Living in the city for a month. I'm just a little bit autistic.
>>
>>1425260
I wouldn't mind grabbing a beer or if you prefer, just walking around the places you mentioned, I could cover any costs you would have that day as a form of gratitud. All I want is to meet some new people and learn a little bit about new places. I know it sounds cliché, but thats what it is.

I'm leaving a temporal email so you can hit me up and from there see how it goes, still the trip would be in two month but I guess it wouldn't hurt to know each other a little bit before that, as both of us come from an arabian girl raping Afro-French forum.

The email lasts 24 hours but I could create a new one if necessary.
>>
>>1424528
hello I am not going to be anywhere near there (or in the same continent), but I would like to meet regardless

i think i'm in love with you desu
>>
>>1425205
Didn't read this answer but >>1425744
applies to you too.
>>
Anyone in Vienna? Passing through
>>
>>1416391
Almost certainly, I've already got my tickets to Australia just not sure if I want to drive all the way to Perth or make a big loop down, then up and around Eastern Australia back to Sydney and leave the same way I came in (SYD).
>>
>>1425254
I will go to Egypt next year, if you come back home we can hang
>>
>Barcelona (July 8 - 23)
>25/M
>Plan on seeing a bunch of museums, eating and drinking as much as possible, making new friends and partying

Voy estar en l'hospitalet y puedo hablar espanol y english pero no mas poquito frases en catalan. Que tan importante es hablar catalan.
>>
>>1426190
Next year I can't promise. Anyway, don't forget to go to the Egyptian museum of antiquities in Tahrir square and visit the mummy room. Don't miss Islamic (fatimid) Cairo and other related sites. Many coptic museums as well.
I'm here untill late August maybe.
>>
>>1425198

Pretty sure that degenerate shit isn't legal in Slovenia.
>>
>>1408122
Can hang when you're in the Netherlands
>>
>>1426534
Sure thing buddy, how can we stay in contact?
>>
>>1426263
I live in Hospitalet, wich you may know it's next to Barcelona. If you Spak Spanish, you're good. Everyone here speaks at lest both Spanish and Catalan. They don't speak Catalan to foreigners so you'll do fine.
>>
>>1426577
Would you be down to drink some beers and watch some of the world cup?
>>
>>1426577
I was living there, now I live in Canary Islands.
Age 21
>>
>>1421972
Amen brother
>>
Been traveling around Japan for the past two months, in Tokyo for the next ten days.
>>
>>1410066
Went to Novi Sad recently. Very comfy place. Also been to festivals solo around Europe two times, one of which was EXIT, but can't say I enjoyed it too much.
>>
>>1408125
Who is the gril in the mirror taking the pic?
>>
Anybody in Orlando during the last few days of October?
>>
>>1427159
Some sort of wardrobe assistant or something.
>>
>>1425744
>>1425760
I'm >>1425260
Alright then, didn't check the thread for some time so you need to create a new one. We can write a bit and see what happens
>>
Bangkok July 12-14. Met up /trv/lers there before, there's always a few in BKK. If anyone wants to grab drinks let's go.
>>
>>1427939
I thought it would be a better idea if I just create an email and we go from there: trv4mart (at) gmail.com

Let's see how it goes
>>
Anyone in Riems, France?
>>
>>1407765
im in norway atm, how long are you going to be here? i live around oslo
>>
>>1415677
Hey I'll be in Tokyo during early to mid November if you want to hang out. I'm usually really easy going, can keep a conversation and enjoy not overly adventurous with a balance of lazy
>>
>>1424447
he he
>>
>>1407575
stay pressed shitskin
>>
Who's in Bangkok? Down to watch world Cup and grab a beer? Bored as fuck, I'm at a dud of a hostel and can't meet anyone.
>>
>>1430197
Are you still there next week?
>>
Any other backpackers in London at the moment and wanna hang out or do something tonight?

I've been here visiting family for a few days but tonight they are all out of town, haven't done much in terms of nightlife or exploring at night so might take this opportunity while I'm still here.

23yo m backpacker btw
>>
>>1430197
I'm in bangkok. If you want to meet up with an awkward autist who's terrible at conversation leave some form of contact.We can explore random places.
>>
Anyone in Paris? Mon amis?
>>
>>1407472
huhu faglords, i ll be in BKK on the 15th and 16th of july. if someone is there id we willing to meet up for a drink
>>
>>1407575
FUCK OFF
>>
>>1430396
I'll be in Paris but on early September, hoping that someone is down to show me around and meme a little bit.
>>
>>1407472
26 Male Slav

Tokyo/Chiba (July 10th to 20th). Will be staying at " APA Hotel & Resort Tokyo Bay Makuhari ".

Mainly random sightseeing of Tokyo and neighborhoods by day and drinking and relaxing at bars in the evening.
>>
>>1408117
i been on /trv/ for a short time and its people like you who make this board so fresh sometimes
this board is too good, i think its cause you normally least expect comments like these which makes it good
>>
>>1431374
seems like a lot of people here are drinking a lot
what has happened in the past
any stories like what happens if you get hungover the next day
it seems like drinking cant maybe trouble your travel plans sometimes
>>
>>1431785
holy shit, do you also need a 101 on how to drink coffe without going full adhd?
>>
>>1430396
>>1431277
I'm in vacation right now but I live in Paris. There from august to forever after. Can spend a week-end day or two to show you around
>>
>>1425205
hey, I'm in Berlin with 2 other lads for 3 days (30 juli - 2 augustus) would be great to hang out, we're 20/19 years old, speak a bit of german but mostly english and dutch
>>
> BKK 15-17th july
> 31 /m/ger
>like to party/go to a pub/read books/enjoy the atmosphere
I am rather laid back if someone wants to meet up just tell me :)
>>
>>1431858
Perfect im down for it, I'll have a whole free Sunday with nothing to do, and I will also be free on Saturday night so if you want to hang out just contact me this way >>1428023

I'm the one who's going on September
>>
anyone from prague who wants to meetup, I'm there from 6 to 9 of august
>>
>>1407472
>normal and least autistic user base
We're just sexpats mostly
>>
File: 1_ecOlOKXQcvcv7i4eLyzlnA.jpg (626 KB, 1600x1600)
626 KB
626 KB JPG
>>1407472
chillin in barca right now
any1 playing guitar and interested to play with me and my homies?

we are travaholics smoke some weed, to get some chill time after finishing our master degrees

write me if you are interested
>>
File: IMG_20180712_151227.jpg (4.37 MB, 4032x3024)
4.37 MB
4.37 MB JPG
Okay BKK peeps, I'm here. Who wants to go for drinks? Here for the next 3 days.
>>
>>1433329
Berlin?
>>
File: IMG-20180709-WA0004.jpg (323 KB, 1600x1200)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>23
>Czech
>Male
>Backpacker

Right now in Qui Nhon Vietnam traveling north. If someone wants to grab a beer, hit me up.
>>
>>1433461
Wut?
>>
>Pattaya (maybe other areas of Thailand)
>unironically here for mongering like a good sex tourist
>don't drink loads but will in bars and shit
>here for 1 month but plan to travel around SE Asia
>am autistic
>24 y/o solo
>>
File: 52%.jpg (19 KB, 360x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>1407575
>>
> BKK, 16-21 july
> 27 y/o male
> autistic slav with fluent Russian and limited English
> not really into nightlife and shit
If someone wants to meet up for a drink or looking for a company to walk around with and explore the city just leave you contact.
>>
22/M/Kraut staying solo in Galway, Ireland for a few days. Art festival just started today, we could also grab a drink!
>>
19/m/paddy
Gonna be in Athens next week for a couple of nights if anyone wants to grab a pint or some shit
>>
Anyone else travelling around the Balkans at the moment?

Don't have much of a plan but probs gonna go to Bosnia and then Serbia, though I'm pretty open as I have a lot of time and money.

23yo backpacker btw
>>
>>1408306
Go home Joe Rogan.
>>
>>1409212
Everything nowadays is about apps. Uber, Airbnb, venmo/PayPal, Yelp, GrubHub all get you through the day.flight and train/bus apps make navigating public transportation stupid easy, most every city has one. As for what get to go to,akensure it is a South Eastern conference team and that the weather is nice. StubHub will get you second hand tickets.

On gamedayz walk around the area near the stadium, drinking will be happening and everyone will be happy. Wear something to identify yourself as a foreigner and chat up the nearest people playing a drinking game, they will be happy to give you alcohol.. tell them you want to know about the get and specifically their home team, they will like you. Of you are white and have a noticeable accept this will be so much easier, girls will fall all over you.
>>
>>1407575
nigger
>>
Anyone in Bangkok? Just a bored autist here looking for someone to explore the place with. Will be here til 30th of August
>>
>>1435284
Hey I’m in Bangkok as well, looking for people to explore the city with. Contact me if you’re down to hang out raknelat@giyam.com
>>
>>1436098
Autists of BKK, let's unite!
bkkanon@tuta.io
>>
>>1436102
>>1436161
>>1436098
you know you'll have to post the awkward beer photo after this
>>
Any bois in Amsterdam, Paris or Berlin in the next two weeks?

23 yo Norwegian dude here, travelling alone. Starting in Ams today, and I have no set plan, but I have a goal of going to atleast those three cities.

Up for mostly anything, hiking, drinking, music seeing the sights.

Hmu anons
>>
>>1436098
how can I be sure you wont kill me and rape my body
>>
>>1436956

I might be in Berlin early August if your around there then.

Im just a solo backpacker and wanna go to Berlin for the music, I'll only be there for a few days though before flying to Africa.
>>
>>1436984
I'll be in most likely be in Berlin the first couple of days in August if you wanna meet up.

Do you have a place you'd like to meet or should we just continue this convo when the time comes in the next meet up thread?
>>
>>1426187
there is some amazing stuff between eastern australia and perth, but be warned that you will be driving extreme distances without any human contact
>>
>>1426187
>>1437051
i can also recommend some outdoorsy shit to do around melbourne if you're interested
>>
I am currently in hcmc in Vietnam, but I'll be going to my tho in a few days then go into china from Hanoi since I've already seen a bit of Vietnam and want to make my way to mongolia eventually.

If anyone is going to be in northern Vietnam in like 5 days and want to meet up for some drinks in Hanoi I think that would be neat. Or if anyone is in hcmc and wants to meet up I'm down for that

Canadian
Backpacker
>>
>>1422258
Moved here a couple months ago working in technology, sure would be up for getting a drink
>>
>>1437004
>>1436984
Also in Berlin till 2nd august and going for music/party hit up my email ivoboijmans@gmail.com
>>
24/m/us

Gonna be in South Korea for a month traveling around the country and visiting a few relatives. No real set plans yet but I'll have a very flexible schedule from the 30th of this month to August 10th ish
>>
>>1437467

I am sure you have your itinerary planned but if you have the chance to go to jeju island you should go. Very beautiful place
>>
>>1437004

Sounds rad dude. I guess either chuck a throwaway email here or just wait till August swings around and post in the thread again
>>
Boring asian obsessed tards here
>>
>>1437653
It's better than mom's basement I'm sure you'll agree
>>
>>1407575
10/10, everyone fell for it.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.