[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 73 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.

For now, all boards are accessible through either domain.

Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

Living in Germany?
>>
The trains run on time.
>>
>>1477794
Ironically they do not.
>>
Don't.
>>
A thread died for this
>>
>>1477788
good
>>
>>1477798

In comparison to what? If you look at the stats I'm sure lots of countries are worse.
>>
>living
>>
>germany
>life
C'mon people. It's all about choices.
>>
>>1477879
It's more about the stereotype of Germany being hyper-efficient and punctual with a great infrastructure. In reality about 1/4 of all long-distance trains are late (>5 min), and in many places the Autobahnen and bridges are in bad condition. Of course it's better than most countries, but it rarely lives up to the reputation (compared to say Switzerland, which has extremely punctual trains).
This is part of the general myth of German efficiency. Sure Germany generally has good quality products, partially due to the apprenticeship system that tends to produce (over-)qualified workers and fairly high industry standards. Also corruption tends to take place only on the highest levels. That being said, German bureaucracy can be quite be a nightmare, "German quality" will often be overhyped in other countries and obviously there are plenty of absurd and dumb decisions by the government etc. (see the new Berlin airport, Stuttgart 21 and other large projects)
>>
>>1477893
Does almost everyone speak English in Berlin?
>>
>>1477995
I'd say about 50% can.
And half of those don't want to speak English with you

Also, Berlin =/= Germany
>>
>>1477893
I don't even know why Germany is still considered to make quality products, considering they have Miltec or, what's worse, Lidl.
>>
>>1478073

Germany exports the good militec and keeps the crap that does not work obviously...

Whats wrong with lidl? Good discounter...
>>
>>1478098
I was never able to get quality veggies/fruit from them. In some places they had good bakery though. no idea how are they now as I boycott them as their business model brings but poverty.
>>
>>1478105
Depends on what you are used to, quality wise. Bio stuff sometimes tastes better. But usually you get tomatoes from the Netherlands which taste like crap because they don't get enough sun there and the story is similar with a lot of fruits and veggies. Where do you buy your stuff instead? It is not called a discounter for fun. You get what you pay for
>>
>>1478073
>miltec
They started off buying the surplus from all the cold war standing armies of Europe. Then they started manufacturing in China.
>Lidl
Lidl fkn rocks. Know what you buy. They're the VW of supermarkets.
>>
>>1478109
I'm using other discount store wich mainly buys local produce instead of foregin one or just local veggie stalls on the market. Sometimes I shop at the supermarket but their food is usually rotten and still on display.
i never buy bio-branded food as my bio-food comes out of my garden instead.
>>
>>1477995
>>1478004
I would say 75% if not more, in the areas that are interesting to visitors.
>>
Nobody seems to have answered OPs initial question properly.

I am living in germany and I am very happy with the country. Living in a town right above 100k, infrastructure is good, streets are nice and the people are usually very chill.

Not really noticing any refugee crisis in a city this "small", you gotta go to the shithole-cities like Berlin I guess.

I think Germany is a good country to live in if you're lower, middle and upper class - which is pretty special in the world imo. It is definitely favored for the middle class though, most people here are in there. This means that we don't have many poorfags who roam the streets like the US, we don't have lots of waste on the streets like most other countries and that in general, everyone here is living a happy life (Unless they're dirt poor of course).

Avoid the big cities, come to the smaller ones that have history and tourism.

Definitely live in Bavaria btw, rest of germany can't compete.
>>
>>1478111
But VW is literally the complete opposite, selling overpriced cars with the same features as the competition
>>
>>1477794
And the word for a connection/connecting train is "Anschluss"
>>
Anyone been to Stuttgart?
>>
File: 1537976487664.gif (701 KB, 498x480)
701 KB
701 KB GIF
>>1477788
Not much different then living in any other EU nation. Good for work and if you can integrate and get a citizenship it is fantastic especially for your future family but that is about it. Don't go without real job opportunities and a basic grasp of the language, EU citizenship also makes a big difference. Surprisingly Munich, Hamburg and especially Berlin are great places to be if you are into CS or the creative type.
If the US motto is "live the dream" and the Brits are " you can't live your dream" the Germans would say "live your dream but it is fucking stupid and have some security when you get disillusioned"
>>
>>1479135
>Definitely live in Bavaria btw, rest of germany can't compete.
Go kill your self, Bavaria is besides having beautiful mountains shit, Come to the north sea instead OP. Shit is great ballin here
>>
>>1479135
Bavaria is the place that has a solidly poor reputation in the rest of Germany. Hardly anyone likes it, and their guttural bastardization of the language is as awful as the gibberish they speak in Brandenburg for anyone that learns German in another country, "NÖÖÖ"
>>
I am from germany but live in asia now.
Germany is cucked beyond insanity.
When i was in Hamburg recently, i could vomit over all this niggers and arabs hanging out at the rail station area.
They really make whole districts go bad. But the germans are such good guys and let even more of them in.

I feel that Sweden, France and Germany become a no go area more and more, at least in the cities. But who moves to a countryside in a foreign country?
>>
>>1479685
>no go area
Just fuck off and stop meme-ing. Oh well, you did fuck off. You are a paria in Asia instead now Horst. No doubt people turn away not to see your sweaty lard-ass walking down the street.
>>
>>1479691
Stay cucked, i hang out in Japan.
Funny how you guys get triggered so fast
>>
>>1479702

- whines about dirty migrants in Germany

- becomes a dirty migrant in Asia
>>
>>1479702
>My name ist Horst und die leute in Japan really liebe mich ja
>Ich do not sweat when I move my fat arze down ze streets of Harajuku nein
>I am one with the einwohner ja
pic unrelated
>>
>>1479685
>>1479705
>>
>>1479685
Why do you keep posting shit like this every day, American? You have never been outside your country. Or even your basement in the last years.
>>
>>1479702
Post timestamped picture of Japan.
>>
>>1479705
Funny how he doesn't mention all the niggers in Tokyo. It's almost as if he only knows what Japan is like from animes.
>>
>>1479731
Yeah because i dont hang out in Roppongi, also who said i am in Tokyo anyway
Stay cucked and dress your daughters up for some nigger
>>
>Roppongi meme
Confirmed for being larping American who has never been to Germany or Japan.
>>
>>1479771
Now say it in Hochdeutsch.
>>
>>1479777
Was willst du denn hören Junge?
Bleib halt in Deutschland und zahl dich dumm und dusselig während alles immer weiter zerfällt.
Und ich kann nachher auch nen Bild machen wenn es sein muss, juckt.
>>
Just got into a Study Abroad in Hamburg, how easy is travel to interesting cities from there?
>>
>>1480709
Very. But Hamburg is also cool.
>>
30yo boomer bernd here.
its the best place to live, period. there might be some few exclusive places actually a little better but these are not to choose for most ppl. if youre looking for a stable, safe and pleasant life on high living standards and endless opportunities, germany is the place to go to - regardless your social class or status.
also the refugee meme is heavily exaggerated. yes, there are some cases of aryan qts getting gangraped by brown ppl recently but its still way better than anywhere else in the world. ofc politics and society is cucked beyond belief but this really shouldnt be an issue.

also living in germany is fucking boring, gonna gtfo to some 3rd world shithole for jokes and entertainment as soon as ive saved up enough to quit the grind once and for all.
>>
File: 1479491145088.jpg (64 KB, 599x688)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>1480009
Alpha

How can you afford staying in Japan? Do you have a job there, a remote job or a business?
>>
>>1477788
shithole like the rest of western europe, i will stay comfy in my 99% white eastern european city
>>
>>1481444
where are you from?
>>
>>1481444
Stay poor, ivan
>>
>>1481405
/biz/ hat geregelt
Früh in btc
>>
>>1482388

gib
>>
File: 1517454554390.png (2.11 MB, 1267x830)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB PNG
I hope they keep importing rapefugees until they make Nazis out of the populace.
>>
>>1477788
no but im visiting for 2 days, berlin, tell me what to see

non tourist shit
>>
>>1479135
>be me
>korean american manlet with 2 ivy league degrees
>work in international finance
>my multinational want me to work in their frankfurt office
>don't even speak german
>apparently this isn't a problem

How true is this? I've visited the office and they indeed conduct business in English, but can I really live there (get a work visa) with minimal German proficiency? My company says my work experience and multiple degrees will get me in easily. The only reason I am even considering this is because of the brothels (sauna clubs), desu. Even though everyone in the country is nearly a foot taller than me.

I'm so lonely ;_;
>>
>>1484663
You'll be fine. Expat cities are expat cities. You will pick up a base level of german needed to buy crap from natives very quickly. That's usually all you need.
>>
>>1481289

Is it absolutely necessary to speak German in Berlin (or any other big city) to find a shit job and get by?
>>
>>1484226
Go to the park at the Wasserturm in Kollwitzkietz and grab a beer or two from a kiosk before getting there. Karl Marx Strasse has beautiful architecture, really nice to walk around there. Don't go to Potsdamer Platz unless you want to visit the Gemäldegalerie or see a movie at Arsenal. Max und Moritz serves old Berliner street food recipes from the 1900s but it is a little touristy in a way.
>>
>>1484737
Absolutely not. In big cities literally everyone is speaking english.
You'll be able to find a job and get by pretty easily without any German. However, knowing at least a little helps with integration in society.
>>
>>1479576
Except for the weather unless you really hate having a Summer.
>>
>>1479691
>>1479727
Triggered. He does not write like a native English speaker, even one who is trying to write poorly on purpose. So either not an American or exceptionally good at being a fake.
>>
Gibt es jemand hier von Sachsen? Ich ziehe nach Leipzig von Spanien in ein paar Woche. Mein Deutsch is ganz schlimm aber ich will erst für zwei Monate oder so Deutsch als fremdsprache studieren und dann arbeiten.
Ich bin einen ausgebildete Sprachleher (Englisch, Spanisch und Katalanisch) aber hab ich auch als Rezeptionist und Kellner gearbeitet. Wie kompliziert ist ein okay job zu finden, wenn man nur Scheißdeutsch spricht? Also, Ich hab 8k gespeichert, wie lange kann man mit das in Leipzig leben?

Sorry for all the mistakes lads, all I want is to learn your language and not go completely broke in the process really.
>>
>>1485558
Wenn du sprichst, wie du schreibst, ist dein Deutsch bereits besser als das des durchschnittlichen Sachsen desu.
Das hängt natürlich von deinem Lebensstandard ab, ich könnte von 8k ganz easy ein halbes Jahr in Leipzig leben, vielleicht länger.

Your German is way better than the average Saxon's para ser honesto, don't worry this will be sufficient for getting a job. Depends on your lifestyle, but half a year on 8k shouldn't be a problem, maybe longer.

Also, ftfy (not that many mistakes though):
Gibt es jemanden hier aus Sachsen? Ich ziehe nach Leipzig aus Spanien in ein paar Wochen. Mein Deutsch ist ganz schlimm, aber ich will erst für zwei Monate oder so Deutsch als Fremdsprache studieren und dann arbeiten.
Ich bin ausgebildeter Sprachleher (Englisch, Spanisch und Katalanisch) aber ich habe auch als Rezeptionist und Kellner gearbeitet. Wie kompliziert ist es, einen halbwegs anständigen Job zu finden, wenn man nur Scheißdeutsch spricht? Außerdem, ich habe 8k gespart, wie lange kann man damit in Leipzig leben?
>>
>>1485558
Du könntest den Sachsen Deutsch beibringen.
siehe:
>>1485805
>Wenn du sprichst, wie du schreibst, ist dein Deutsch bereits besser als das des durchschnittlichen Sachsen desu.
>>
>>1485555
Damn son
>>
I'm moving to Hamburg next year to be a software developer. Best tips to find apartment?
>>
>>1477995
visited Berlin for a weekend when I lived in Germany
Never heard German being spoken on the street or even in most of the bars
I'd say 75% is on par
>>
Fuck Germany, live in Austria.
>pic related
>>
Ever since Brexit, there has been a concerted effort among multinational offices in Frankfurt that all business be done in English, some companies even demand that correspondences between native German speakers be in English. This is an effort to attract those companies that had their European headquarters in London to relocate. On a personal note, English is the de facto language of brothels since most of the whores are from central or eastern european countries while the customers are either german or from first world nations doing business in Frankfurt.

>>1484663
You should be fine as the Frankfurt region holds the largest Korean community in Germany, numbering in the thousands, and many Korean multinationals have their European offices in Frankfurt. As an American citizen with multiple college degrees and work experience, you will get a work visa with no issues if your company requests it.

>>
Bavarian here. I can give you some facts.

>Pro:
- Best place on earth for a safe and healthy life
>Free healthcare. Get cancer? No probs, the doc is gonna help you out FOR FREE. Have a flu? Go to doc and get some good medicine for free as well.
- Job security. Once full employed it's hard for your boss to kick you out for a non-sense reason. You don't have to worry about it anymore.
- Work-Life-Balance: The law is protecting you to not get sick from work. Usually we work around 35-40 hours. Overwork is always paid or you can take additonal holiday. Around 30 days of paid holiday. I have 32 which is amazing.
- Germans are very honest. If you do shit at work, your boss is going to tell it right in your face. No shit-talking, no lying, etc. Honest feedback.
- Houses and apartments are of superior quality. Never saw buildings that good. Perfect isolation against cold and hot weather.
- Also: Beautiful nature, lots of nice lakes for swimming in summer, weather is ok, no homeless people, very low crime rate, perfect roads, hard working people, free university/school, good food and beer,
>>
>>1489721
- Beautiful historic towns, castles, etc.
- Best cars despite Japanese (BMW, Porsche, Daimler, ..)
- Still leading when it's up to engineering world wide. If you are Germand and you are an engineer, companies from all around the globe are asking you to work for them.

>Cons:
- It's very boring. Sure you can go hiking, swimming, skiing, watching a movie in theatre, going to a nightclub or bar, bowling or to a museum. But that's about it. There is no real entertainment. A Chinese friend once said "one life in China is equal to three lifes in Germany". That's why most young people just sit at home and play video games.
- Most Germans don't have any pride at all about their country. Just saying things like "I'm proud to be a German" usually leads into a long discussion about a German telling you that it's impossible to be proud of a nation. And especially with our history we should not feel any good about it, etc. JESUS CHRIST.
>>
>>1489721
>Free healthcare. Get cancer? No probs, the doc is gonna help you out FOR FREE. Have a flu? Go to doc and get some good medicine for free as well.
Healthcare isn't free, it's just mandatory and if you're unemployed it gets payed by the state. It's not like NHS and whatever the Canadians have.
>no homeless people
Maybe not in Gammelsdorf, but pretty much every larger town has plenty of bums and there is a housing crisis going on.
>perfect roads
Infrastructure is good, but far from perfect

Otherwise I'd agree, as long as we're talking about South Germany.
>>
>>1479425
Used to live there. What do you want to know?
Stuttgart is pretty expensive but other than that I did like it
>>
>>1489725
>there is no real entertainment
>posts an ample list of entertainment available

C'mon. You have everything available that you can have everywhere + some things that are not available everywhere. From FKK, to drugs, to world class museums, to EDM, beaches, mountains, and every single musical act stops over on their tours. If Germany is "boring", then the world is boring.
>>
>>1489725
Your Chinese friend is jelly as fuck...
And besides, the GOAT entertainment is philosophizing, and Germany ranks pretty high for that.
>>
>>1477788
the taxes will make you question your life choices on a daily basis

>either hartz4
>or tax evasion @caymans
between that lies pain and degradation. you're living at the politics whim and are merely more than cattle

>>1477794
just never take the last long distance train on that day and you'll be generally fine

don't use long distance trains to go to airports

don't use trains at karneval time
>>
>>1489862
can you explain what you mean about the taxes?
>>
>>1477788

debating permanently immigrating to Germany in 5 to 10 years; earliest id do it would be 2025. Looking for Advice, Suggestions; yes, i lived there, briefly, a few months, about 10 years ago. Thought was a nicer, cooler, more mature version of Burgerland. And, In early stages of learning the language. Oh, and ancestors came from there about 100+ years ago

My main question really is how hard is it to secure a job over there, as someone immigrating from a different first world country. I don't have a particular interest, job wise, have a boring office job here, not sure how well the experience would translate there, if at all.

>>1479691

they usually assume all whites there are Burgers

>>1484737

the only time i ever ran into a problems was when i was ordering a pizza or at a gas station, everyone else usually was able to speak english. I'm just learning German its a requirement to immigrate, supposedly.

>>1489576

Frankfurt is my main choice. Sounds nice
>>
The only thing you should never buy over there, and I mean NEVER, are Second Hand Computers/Laptops.

I swear, I never came across one that's:
1. Not filled with Viruses.
2. Not Rusty and Dusty from the inside.
3. Not as slow as molasses.

It's like Computers are like Socks to Germans. The moment they break, they just toss them out...
>>
There is an old stereotype about Germans not having a sense of humour. But, once you see their version of the Muppets (Bernd Das Brot), you'll switch your opinion over real Comedy immediately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a-JvVZaO4k
>>
>>1490742
What absolute nonsense. Ebay.de is one of the most active regional Ebays on the market. Just go for a machine that is "generaluberholt", IE factory refurbished. Your selection bias means nothing
>>
>>1490748
I don't trust sites that force me to make an account just to buy stuff, nor sites that don't take Debit Cards.

Especially those that require you to have a PayPal account to buy most things.
>>
>>1490751
>i am traumatized by online shopping.
So find a site that sells refurb computers against a debit card then. Enjoy paying premium
>>
>>1477794
No, they're not. I have to commute with the S-Bahn to my workplace in Frankfurt every day. In an average week most of the trains I was supposed to take will be late by 1 or 2 minutes, two or three trains will be late by 5 minutes (even when it isn't rush hour and the trains are almsot empty this happens all the time), one or two by even more than 5 minutes. I've even had trains get cancelled without prior announcement on multiple consecutive days, and had to wait for the next one coming 30 minutes later. Of course I was late to work every time and my boss wasn't very happy. The Regionalbahn isn't any different.
Trains used to be hyper punctual here in the 70s and 80s and people would legit use their arrival times to tune their watches and clocks. These days are long gone, however
>>
>>1490745

i remember when i lived there 10 years ago. I was laying in bed at like 2 am watching this, not speak a word of German. it s what finally convinced me to try and use the pirate bay

>>1490990

are you a local or an immigrant? if immigrant how do you like it? anything you'd recommend before going there

and how is that skyline mall?
>>
>>1491253
I'm a local
>>
>>1491253
>>1491255
>anything you'd recommend before going there
I don't live in Frankfurt, but in the surrounding Rhein-Main-Gebiet, and commute to Frankfurt. Frankfurt looks nice, but near the Bahnhofsviertel you'll have trouble finding even a single white person, and near the Römer you will see an insane number of beggars and street performers who want to make a quick buck. Whether that puts you off or not is up to you.
I'd recommend visiting one of thee towns in the surrounding region. They are well preserved, they aren't too big, and usually they're connected by S-Bahn or U-Bahn to Frankfurt's public transport system. They're not any cheaper than Frankfurt though, since the people who make good money working in Frankfurt move to these surrounding towns and settle there. Kinda like the white flight in America. Especially pretty towns are Idstein, Eppstein, Hofheim, but there are even more nearby Frankfurt that look nice too. There's also Alsfeld, which is super pretty and also decently sized, but it's not exactly in the Rhein-Main-Gebiet and getting there will be more difficult if your base is in Frankfurt.
Try the Ebbelwoi (Apfelwein) which is the regional drink of choice on big parties and folk fests.
>>
Isn't Germany just a worse version of the Netherlands?
>>
>>1491280
I've lived in Berlin and Amsterdam and Utrecht. To me Berlin is the best of the west. The dutch are petite bourgeoisie with tidy curtains on their showpiece homes. And the dutch are insular as fuck behind their facade of cosmopolitanism. Case in point: they all have an outstanding English vocabulary, but they can not shake their accent. And anything you can do in NL you can do in Berlin + some. But then Berlin is not like the rest of Germany.
>>
I've been in Germany -Bodensee- for about a month now. It's pretty comfy, but the big cities didn't look so exciting. Germans -yes, Germans- don't know how to behave in public in big cities, after a certain hour (but to be fair, it was October).
In small towns however it's great. I haven't even seen a single conflict in the town I'm staying in. Plus, the germans know how to keep nature within their towns. I can go in woods 5-10 minutes from my house. And one other great thing is it's a very bike-friendly place, but this may be regional.
>>
>>1490990
On the train station right now. No trains will come at least until 08:00. 3 trains cancelled.
On time my fucking ass.
>>
>>1492003
Scratch that. Until 8:33 at least lmao
>>
>>1491280
>And the dutch are insular as fuck behind their facade of cosmopolitanism.

You are not wrong, Dutch are elitist assholes who think they are better than anyone else.

But how is Germany better in this respect? Maybe Berlin is the exception but Germans hate foreigners in my experience. First of all if you are not Germanic of skin, you are going to face straight out racism. What surprised me also is that not only Arabs get attacked but also Chinese and Indians. But besides that, anything that is un-German about you will be attacked. Are you American? Don't ever mention it! They HATE America! Are you southern European? Get prepared to have every stereotype under the Sun thrown at you. I could go on. I think maybe the only countries they don't find a fault with are the Scandinavian countries. Sounds familiar?
>>
>>1492160
It's especially bad with the Dutch. Swedes and Germans get humility and tolerance hammered into from birth, while Dutch are just racist pieces of shit; even though their country is a tiny irrelevant shitstain that wouldn't exist if not for the protection of other powers.
>>
>>1491280
Is a swamp comparable to a full range of landscapes?
>>
>>1477788
It's alright, I did so for 19 years. But there's no reason to live in Germany when you could live in Austria. Munich is great but probably too expensive. Move to Innsbruck, Vienna or Salzburg, three of the best cities I've been to. Especially Vienna is surprisingly affordable.
>>
>>1492206
This argument makes no sense. You'll still onlyblive in a place with a skngle landscape and have to travel to these different landscapes.

So why not travel there from the comforts of a better country?
>>
>>1492400
Better in what way? Wages are virtually the same in both countries, and Germany has a substantially higher HDI (human development index) and just much more to offer in general. How are the Netherlands a better country?
>>
>>1492409
It was just bantz, there is almost no difference hans.

Also
>Germany overtakes NL in HDI rankings I'm 2016 with a 0,005 difference
Significant
>Average wage differs about 10%
Not significant

Pls
>>
Any Berliner here mind helping out with something?

I remember being in Mauerpark and seeing a very cool stall where they sold T-shirts with cool breast pocket design, it was usually a diagonal cut for the pocket with a very minimalistic design like birds flying out of the pocket or a swing coming out of it.

Anyone who knows of said stall? do they have an online website or some other way to get the shirts?
>>
>>1492160
IMO you are correct in your assumption that Germans are fairly racist, but like to hide it under a veneer of cosmopolitanism (as >>1491282 said about the Dutch). What I disagree with is being anti-America. The whole "travelling to Europe and pretending to be Canadian -meme" is bullshit. Germans usually like Americans, but we love to critisize your government and parts of your society, because we often can't understand the American sense of individuality and think our system of conformism ("Volksgemeinschaft") is superior.
When Germans attack your government or things like the imperial system, guns etc., don't take it as personal offense, we are swamped by US-media and trends and often interpret them differently. It's never an attack on you as an individual and I think we more have the stereotype of you as loud, low-alcohol tolerant, friendly, but somewhat oblivious people.
In essence, yes Germans are pretty racist, hell I cringe if I hear certain types of accents from a different region, not even 100 km away. But we also aren't openly hostile towards other ethnicities, we just generally take certain stereotypes at face value, since Germany is much less of an "immigrant nation" like the US is.
>>
>>1492482
>since Germany is much less of an "immigrant nation" like the US is.

>Im Jahr 2017 hatten in Deutschland 39,1 Prozent aller Kinder unter fünf Jahren einen Migrationshintergrund

There is no country in the world that has been overrun with migrants like Germany
>>
Age of consent is 14. But they suck in bed from personal experience. Might still be worth it for the experience though.
>>
>>1492503
75% of these are Europeans like Russians, Poles, Italians or Spaniards. Also people count as having a "migration background", when just one of their parents is foreign. Say, someone is half German and half Polish, the kid is still gonna count as being a migrant, even though it speaks the language fluently and has German genetics.
I'd rather take fellow Europeans than Indians/Chinks/Mexicans/whatever other people the USA are taking in right now. At least fellow Europeans are genetically similar to us and share a common history.
>>
>>1492510
>we're totally not overrun by foreigenrs
>okay, but at least they kinda look white and totally European

god damn Germans are cucks

>Die meisten der 19,3 Millionen Personen mit Migrationshintergrund stammten im Jahr 2017 aus der Türkei (14,4 Prozent), gefolgt von Polen (10,9 Prozent), Russland (7,2 Prozent), Italien und Rumänien (jeweils 4,5 Prozent). Kasachstan und Syrien sind mit Anteilen von 6,4 bzw. 3,7 Prozent die wichtigsten nicht-europäischen Herkunftsländer.
>>
>>1492519
A half Turkish and half German kid still counts as having a migrant background even though it's probably entirely integrated and speaks the language on a native level.
Also, the German industrial machine needs foreigners if it wants to keep running. I'd personally rather not have any foreigners at all, but since movement is free within the EU anyways, why not take the people who want to come here, give them good wages, and let them contribute to the pension funds of old German people, pension funds which would collapse if not for the migrants?
>>
>>1492504
No it's 16, the consent age of 14 is more of what I think is called "Romeo and Juliet"-law. If you're under 21 you technically can have sexual relations with 14/15 yo, but the legality is a case-by-case decision.
>>1492519
Cool that you completely misunderstood my initial statement, I said Germany isn't a a country built on immigration like the US is, not that we don't have to deal with immigration, meaning the society itself is more inherently racist, since immigration isn't part of the national heritage, but rather a recent phenomena.
>>
>>1492523
sociaal security as it is inter alia in germany is a ponzi scheme and should be illegal
>>
>>1492546
>misunderstood my initial statement
> Germany is much less of an "immigrant nation" like the US is.
>1/3 of West Germany is immigrants

It doesn't matter if you recognise it, but Germany is an immigrant nation.

In most parts of the country you have 50% of meeting a foreigner when approaching somebody in a city.

>>1492523
>A half Turkish and half German kid still counts as having a migrant background even though it's probably entirely integrated and speaks the language on a native level.

wtf I love population replacement now!
>>
>>1492523
>ontribute to the pension funds of old German people, pension funds which would collapse if not for the migrants?

lmao 99% of immigrants in Germany are low skilled losers. At the same time, the German people have to provide all the public for these people additionally. This is why everywhere migrants gather in high numbers, eg Western Germany, albeit being comperatively affluent on paper, those places look like absolute shitholes.

If you don't make 6 figures annually, you should be kicked out immeadetly (5 of the population contribute 95% of tax revenue for the state. Low- to mid income indivualds will never contribute anything at all)
>>
>>1492578
Yeah, a kid with German grandparents that is culturally entirely German sure is replacing native Germans...
Do you realise that this has happened before? In the 19th century Poles migrated to the Ruhrpott to work in factories, and within two generations became indistinguishable from the natives. Even earlier, people from Wallonia and Cathars from France migrated to Hesse, since their homeland was flooded or they were being persecuted. They too abandoned their native tongue and became entirely German. Were these exmamples of population replacement? There were examples like this in most European nations, and they all eventually integrated and became part of their host country.
They weren't. Neither is European migration right now. Turks are half European anyways, let them come here if they want.
>>
>>1492580
>lmao 99% of immigrants in Germany are low skilled losers.
Do you have a source for this?
>>
>>1492578
Holy shit it's retarded.
>>
>>1492582
Yes, the immigration of unskilled workers and foreigners has always been detrimental to society. Different population groups with varying degrees of productivity and cultural differences have always been a source conflict. More immigration is bad, re-immigration is the only solution to all of Germany's and the developed world's problems.

>>1492583

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/auslaender-verdienen-21-4-prozent-weniger-als-deutsche-a-1126355.html
>>
>>1492666
>re-immigration
So we get the amerifats back? No thanks

>spiegel
Your sauce does not contain what he asked you to sauce. Do you do this on purpose or out of ignorance? In the latter eventuality it is quite ironic.
>>
>>1492677
>german humour

epic comeback, bro!
>>
How is cologne? I want to live there for a month this summer.
>>
>>1492580
>5 % squeezes all the work and money out of lower and middle classes to give it to the government, who give it to niggers
>>
I'm gonna murder the next person who claims that trains in this country are punctual
My train this morning: 12 minutes late
My train now: 7 minutes late then stops at the station and says that this is the final station it stops at (no reason given) and that a substitution train will come in 22 minutes (without any prior fucking announcement)
Woooww so on time and efficient!!!!!!
>>
Let's say I'm a US-citizen studying in Germany
who has successfully applied for a Residency Permit that has not arrived yet,
and have already resided in the country for more than the 90 day permitless limit:

If I wanted to travel to Denmark and back, would I be fucked at the border control while flying from airport to airport?
Websites say there were additional checks put into place at the geographic borders of Germany and Denmark, but I don't know if this applies to airports as well.
>>
File: fm120322.jpg (318 KB, 1617x1200)
318 KB
318 KB JPG
>>1494204
our trains are notoriously unpunctual, outdated and generally in bad condition

it's not our fault that foreigners are projecting stereotypes on Germany that have been outdated for decades
>>
>>1494238
This isn't a question you should ask here.
Maybe you can check if there is some form of provisional document or maybe a Fiktionsbescheinigung. On the other hand, until you get that you might already have gotten the real one.
>>
>>1494238
Very unlikely you would be border controlled. But if you have overstayed already, then you are in deep shit. Better hope you do not get into a situation where you get asked for passport details.
>>
>>1479685
I live in Hamburg
Fuck niggers
Fuck turks
Fuck the left and all the do gooders
I am so done with this
They are literally killing us

All my international business contacts speak to me about it.
I stopped reading the news and got rid of my tv. That helped
>>
>>1481289
Pls die
>>
>>1492582
You have an iq of about 85
>>
>>1494489
>>1494491
>>1494495
seething
>>
>>1485558
Congrats, Leipzig is probably the best city in Germany right now if you are into alternative/youth culture and nightlife. It's like Berlin 15 years ago. Rent is still cheap, lots of interesting clubs, bars and artsy places. You can get anywhere very quickly by bike or public transport.
Saxony as a whole is very right wing, but Leipzig is kinda like a leftist fortress. I don't think you're gonna have problems as a foreigner here, but I can't really say for sure because I'm a white guy from bavaria.
With experience as a server you'll probably find a job in some hip bar or restaurant even with minimal language skills.

Hit me up if you want to know more. I've only been living here for a year but I really enjoy it.
>>
File: 1541802965984.jpg (86 KB, 500x620)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
I guess this is a relevant thread so ... Germany, Belgium or Netherlands?
I'm thinking of moving there soon for better opportunities and higher salary (Software engineer) , but I know almost nothing about life in these countries
>>
>>1494956
are you white?
if yes:
>netherlands
if no:
>belgium or germany
>>
>>1494956
For expats:
Netherlands > Belgium > Germany

Netherlands is English speaking which is important. Never underestimate the language barrier. Quality of life is highest. Cost of living is also highest. But over all it evens out. Dutch food sucks.

Belgium is not English speaking but they are welcoming people. Also you have a mixture of culture. Not just the Calvinist North but also the Catholic south. They are more cheerful people and less weird. Taxes are lower than in the Netherlands but that is because their infrastructure is falling apart. Food is MUCH better.

Germany is the least welcoming and hardest to integrate in. However they probably also have the largest English speaking expat communities. Cost of living is cheapest. Food is very good compared to Dutch food. Depending on where you go, people can be welcoming or cold but because of your lack of German you will still struggle a lot.

Also I did not touch of the difference in office culture. Read up on it. There are some big differences but I don't know since I work in a university which is a completely different thing.
>>
>>1496463
>Cost of living [in Germany] is the cheapest

Can confirm, I moved from new England to NRW and the place I can get for ~$600/month including utilities went from a room in a shared flat to a 3 room apartment.

Instead of spending $100/week for myself to eat well at home, it is now $60 for me AND my girlfriend.

Jungticket costs like 60€ a month for unlimited trains trams and busses.

I'm moving to Austria though, because entering a German university is a fucking circus. First I would have to earn a few creddies in a uni from America (didn't take calc or chem in high school), then take studienkolleg at my own expense, and then finally maybe be accepted into uni. In Austria its more of a "ja kom und lern" Attitude. Very helpful for anyone looking to study in europe
>>
>>1496471
>"ja kom und lern

I wish. They're very picky when it comes to plätze for medizin.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.