[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: SAM_2990.jpg (2.99 MB, 4000x3000)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
I like deserts
What's the best desert you've been to outside of the United States?
>>
I have been to Tunisia. Fucking hard time.
>>
Been to Sahara in Tunisia, through Oman, Empty Quarter in UAE and most of Gansu and Xinjiang provinces in China.

Most interesting views where in China due to size and diversity. Most fun was renting a quadbike in Liwa and messing around in the dunes of the arabian sands.
>>
>>1492451
>most fun was using machinery to destroy beautiful things
Fuck you.
>>
>>1492316
why hard time?
>>
>>1492556
Because the desert can be physycally devastating
>>
>>1492526
>t. literal retard
>>
>>1492586
Go to Merzouga, the most popular sand dune region in Morocco and try to find a panoramic view that isn't covered in 4x4 tracks. You literally can't.
>>
>>1492587
Is there fine sand? If the dunes are "soft" there's no problem, tracks get erased by the wind every day.
>>
>>1492605
It's like talcum powder. The problem is that the assholes are out there every day.
Ain't nothing wrong with tiptoeing around the sand dunes barefoot, watching birds and insects, admiring the natural play of elemental forces and treading lightly in nature. In fact I'm almost certain it's more enjoyable than paying big bucks for the privilege of plowing the douchemobile around babby's big sandbox.
>>
>>1492308
>I like deserts
>What's the best desert you've been to outside of the United States?
Israel is probably the most interesting.

But, don't forget much of the Caribbean is arid desert climate, and tends to have the prettiest beaches of all.
>>
>>1492629
No kidding, Baja looks amazing. But I'd be afraid that all the beaches are clogged up with SoCal scum.
>>
maybe try atacama desert in Chile. Driest place on Earth
>>
File: 1444650003574.jpg (86 KB, 480x435)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>1492621
Wow, you must be from the no fun generation.
I hope your kids rebel
>>
>>1492667
better drink another can of monster; you're getting cranky
>>
File: sad1.jpg (7 KB, 247x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>1492308
When I was in theater for 3 years, the most fun I had was in the ME. I got to clear some sand peoples houses, shoot up suicide bombers, and take large cement like MRE shits, all the while playing some good old country music in right headphone.

One time in the ME, .. green text.

>bememe, 2004
>watching my field of fire, sun hot on my back, sand in my crack.
>elevated position, buddy watching my 9
>9 means left side perspective
>left ear playing country music
>suddenly suicide car breaks through barrier.
>Country Roads next in que, and starts playing as some 1980s hatchback is racing toward my position.
*JOhn Denver in my ear, singing about some country road, and mountains, glowing or something*
>right ear get confirmation to wait cause, haji is not yeilding to posted signs but new SOP is "make sure".
>chorus starts playing in my ear, as I move the 50 cal to aim.
>right ear listing to crackle radio.
>PFC anon, you are authorized to shoot.
>John denver goes on the second stanza
>I push both thumbs on the fucking trigger, carefule to aim at the car not the combatant.
>50 cal barks and rattles. (If you rattle your teeth with your mouth closed, it sounds like a 50).
*John denver has that weird chord change, as the Suicide car careens towards a dug out vehicle trench. that spans the complete distance
>"mountain momma, take me home" BOOOOOOM

Everytime I hear JD sing about west virginia or everytime I see that "SUICIDE BOMBER SUICIDE BOMBER webm, I get taken back to a place that I belong. War. Fuck John Denver, fuck country music, fuck Hajies.

>select all cars. Fuck google too.
>>
>>1492587
And this is even 1/100th as bad for the natural world as the plane you took to go see someone else's sand dunes and act entitled? Ok
>>
>>1492634
>>>1492629
>No kidding, Baja looks amazing. But I'd be afraid that all the beaches are clogged up with SoCal scum.
It's got a season. Go offseason and less expats and visitors will be seen, but have to say it's why people like Baja, just enough mexican, but the safety in numbers for people sticking together in communities. Head farther down where it's safer, I'd say. Costa Rica is gorgeous on both coasts, but we're not talking arid desert now. If you want really desert-like, most of the Bahamas, Provo, Aruba, Curacao, Anguilla, even Cayman. It's got the sparkling blue seas like swimming pools, but can be flat and boring, only scrubby plants, if not volcanic rock, like Cayman.
>>
>>1492805
I spend winters in baja but I dont hang out in cabo. There are canadians and some americans but honestly the entire place is pretty much deserted . Even the largest cities in baja sur are pretty small. I go because I like to be alone on the beach for days at a time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.