[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

zero idea why anyone would dedicate time and money to visiting germany unless they're into the berlin hip culture
>>
>>2665154
Good, hope you stay away then.
>>
hi I'm rick Steves, back with the worst of /trv/. in this episode, OP is going to suck big dick and not post anything useful or interesting
>>
>>2665169
Based Rick, OP BTFO
>>
>>2665154
Germany is indeed overrated
>>
File: 1629925340530.png (356 KB, 1200x1423)
356 KB
356 KB PNG
It has one of the best /trv/ travel maps somehow
>>
I leave for Munich in one week.
Looking forward to it.
>>
Look at Wallhalla or Hercules monument. We also got cool castles.
>>
>>2665239
Thanks, Aynon.
>>
>>2665239
Where can I find more of this for other yuro countries?
>>
>>2665154
>he didn't make friends with the funny German exchange student in high school
>He doesn't visit Germany every other summer
>He doesn't hang out with funny German people and drink beer in parks and smoke cigarettes all afternoon
>He doesn't drive 150 MPH in a BMW on the autobahn to a vacation house on Baltic sea for the weekend
>He doesn't fuck chubby German girls who lay down and sun bathe topless right next to you despite having only met you 10 minutes ago
>He can't enjoy the simple things like sitting in a quite beer garden all afternoon
>He will pretend like German food isn't the absolute best fucking thing to eat after a day of steady drinking in the sun

As long as you don't live there full time Germany is an amazing place to visit. The stereotype of autistic Germans and austere bureaucracy is there to some degree but normal German people are extremely laid back and some of the funniest people when you get to know them. It is objectively the best cunt to visit in Europe.
>>
>>2665833
That does seem extremely /comfy/.
>>
>>2665154
i don't really like germans but you are such a stupid nigger. ragebait. this site is shit.
>>
>>2665833
Why in the name of all that is holy do people type "cunt" instead of "country"
>>
>>2666718
its a meme from boards like /int/ etc, and is used when people want to discuss random shit but dont want to get banned
>"does this happen in your cunt"
>posts an interracial couple
>>
>>2665833
i am getting strong east german vibes from this.
>>
>>2665154
Good selection of bible study available in pretty much every big city
>>
File: IMG-20240516-WA0000.jpg (140 KB, 1156x1599)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>2666718
Because you're on 4channel anon. . .
>>2666745
Yes, it's a group of people I know in Halle. I didn't get get quit the same vibe when I passed through Cologne and the other parts of West Germany, though I didn't interact with the locals much.
>>
File: 20240530_161718.jpg (3.78 MB, 4080x3060)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB JPG
>>2665154
I took >140 photos and 6 videos of Dresden today alone. Kino as fuck parts of the city.
>>2665330
Are you going to the Bayerischer Löwe? It's the cream of the crop competition for schuhplattlers.
>>
>>2665239
You do realize that map was made as a shitpost, right?
>>
I travel to Berlin in 1 week.
What should I kmow?
I want to see DDR and cold war stuff. Went to Cologne last year and enjoyed Nazi stuff there so not really looking to explore that again too much. I just like the country and the people.
>>
>>2667259
>no benches
>nowhere to sit or lean in, for that matter
>no trees
>nowhere where you can get some shade, for that matter
>no fountain
why are western european plazas/squares like this
>>
>>2665239

I wasn't aware there was a /trv/ travel map catalog? Can someone dump it or link it?
>>
Aachen and Munich are cool
Stuttgart is awful, Berlin with none of the fun parts
>>
>>2665154
>>2665239
I enjoyed visiting Munich, the auto museum and various biergartens were my favorite features
>>
>>2668479
Berlin has fun parts? In 2024?
>>
>>2668513
I went in 2015 and didn't engage with clubbing or bars, mainly went to museums
Museum island in particular was really fun and I spent 2 days there
>>
>>2668545
A lot has changed in the world since 2015.
>>
File: Smug.png (15 KB, 250x348)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>2667318
>You do realize that map was made as a shitpost, right?
>>
>>2665154
It absolutely baffles me why Americans obsess over Germany. There is nothing particularly special or unique about Germany like this anon >>2665833 proves who basically just describes having a basic social life in any european country.

Imagine having one week a year off work when you get to go abroad and you go to fucking Germany lmfao.
>>
>>2666718
I guess it's a shortening of "cuntry", which was used as a funny spelling of "country" since times immemorial.
>>
>>2668641

It's almost going somewhere foreign to an individual is a fun experience. Who would possibly enjoy going somewhere in which people speak a different language, have different laws, eat different foods, drink different beer, and generally see the world in a slightly different way?

Just because something is normal to you doesn't mean it is for the other person. I despise California while countless Euros visit it every year for some reason I'll never understand.
>>
Comfy quiet Bavarian countryside, Chiemsee, German Alps, etc >>>>>> going to Berlin for clubs or whatever the fuck
>>
>>2668653
Going to California is very reasonable because:
-flights are cheaper than most of the US
-Tourism is more accessible (There is no tourism infrastructure in Texas for example)
-predictable good weather
-It is unfortunately currently one of the most culturally significant parts of the world let alone in the US.

I don't despise Germany, I actually like it, I just think for those things you listed Germany is the least exotic place for all those things. It's more like going to the US and visiting Kansas city. There are so many better places to see.
>>
>>2668660
i did a road trip through the bavarian countryside two years ago with my gf, was so much more fun than i expected
>comfy medieval towns
>sausages and schnitzel everywhere
>hotels and airbnb were pretty cheap
the people were also very friendly but a lot of them will only speak german, thankfully i can still manage there because i had german in high school (dutchfag)
>>
>>2668653
yeah but like why not go to Morocco? Italy? Malta? why go to Netherlands or Germany for fucks sake?
>>
>>2668852
I'll give you cheap flights but it's impossible to do anything in California without renting a car and even the infrastructure for that is in poor shape. Most people who live in California have negative things to say about and can't phathom why people visit in droves. Most of Northern/central Europe has amazing summer weather.

>>2668857
>Morocco
Get riped off by locals who despise your presence
>Italy
Northern Italy is the same culture/landscape as Germany just with a different language and slightly better food. Southern Italy is essentially the same as the Moroccan sentiments
>Malta
Pretty cool actually, do want to visit but far as fuck away from anything.

Again, different strokes for different folks. One of my best traveling experiences was in a beach house on the Baltic sea in late August with a bunch of East Germans. I understand if that doesn't sound desirable to you.
>>
>>2665239
Rating Düsseldorf and NEUSS more beautiful than Bonn and not even including Köln is fcking insane. Must be made by a Düsseldorfer. Def shitpost
>>
I quite liked austria and the alps, is Bavaria also just as comfy and beautiful? How about other parts of germany? Don't care about clubs or other nonsense
>>
>>2665154
Groundhopping (allowing me to ignore >>2665239, red circle is PEAK soccerkino)
Food
Price-quality ratio
>>
>>2669016
Most of Germany, including bavaria, is mostly flat
>>
>>2668857
Because they don't want to hang around a bunch of sandniggers?
>>
>>2665239
>Frankfurt
>Peak German aesthetics
This can't be serious
>>
File: fhgthgf+#.png (2.15 MB, 1344x1349)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB PNG
>>2669385
I guess they count the Römer and the unique skyscraper skyline

>>2669291
flat as in no mountains??
just cuz there is no snow on top of a mounain doesnt mean they aren't there, lmao
>>
>>2665154
What the fuck does this have to do with fitness you fucking ape?

Are jannies also asleep?
>>
Visit Germany to see a diverse utopia, rich in Arab, Turkish and Indian culture! There are SO many YUMMY YUMMY restaurants in Germany!! DELISH!!!!!
>>
>>2671947
this is not fit retard
>>
>>2665217
What about German is even rated?
Beer and bratwurst. If you found that to be overrated then you obviously didn't know what you were doing

Other than that...German architecture and castles you know what they look like before you even go so that can't be overrated

Other than that there isn't really anything else Germany is rated for
>>
>>2669385
this lmao. what a fucking dump.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.