[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2354364576547567.png (1.42 MB, 1012x673)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Is there any majority least half decent cities in the US I can visit where I don't need a car to get around? What I mean by half decent is not smelling like piss, very little migrants, and sparse homeless loitering around.
>>
>>2666163
no. this board is full of people escaping the US because the third workd is literally better. why would anyone go there?
>>
>>2666163
>Is there any majority least half decent cities in the US I can visit where I don't need a car to get around?
San Francisco
>What I mean by half decent is not smelling like piss, very little migrants, and sparse homeless loitering around.
Oh. Then no
>>
Boston and Pittsburgh are not so bad. Washington DC is somewhat nice, on the West half anyway. Chicago is remarkably clean for a city of its size. Philly is not but is still worth visiting for the history. All of these can be easily traversed by foot. There are others that are clean sort of but they’re not walkable and not worth visiting.
>>
>>2666163
Denver. I’m gonna try Seattle and/or Portland next year.
>>
>>2666163
Philadelphia and just don't take the El or use city hall/suburban station
>>
>>2666163
>why would anyone go there?
I was probably born to late to visit it before it went to shit but I want to see it once to say I did least before it gets so bad not even the migrants will be crossing that border anymore.

>>2666238
>Boston
I didn't consider it, hope someone does tour guides on the Boston Massacre(bombing) that happened years ago.

>Pittsburgh
This might be an interesting city to visit it came up on a list I was looking at, I like how some of the houses are built into the hillsides. Least it looks like it has a interesting layout but I'm not big into sports I'll have to read up more about the city.

>>2666240
Maybe Denver but from what I heard Portland ain't great idk about Seattle.

>>2666245
>Philadelphia and just don't take the El or use city hall/suburban station
I guess I could just go there for a quick phillycheese steak just to said I ate one once and take a greyhound or something to Pittsburgh after that. Maybe I'll just visit Pennsylvania if it's a half decent state that is.
>>
>>2666240
You’ve obviously never been to Denver. Also Seattle and Portland make NYC look spotlessly clean
>>
>>2666163
Yeah no that doesn't exist.

You can have walkability or not seeing migrants and bums. Not both
>>
>>2666163
No.
>>
File: 1708563772194113.jpg (28 KB, 460x345)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
If you're willing to do some research the Midwest has what you want
>b-but you need a car!
Most places in the midwest have a bus system, at least any place anyone could recommend. Get an electric bike for easy of getting around, bus for winters, and enjoy.

>>2666240
>What I mean by half decent is not smelling like piss, very little migrants, and sparse homeless loitering around.
Have you BEEN near any denver transportation? Summers are wrecked with homless coming up from AZ who bum around every street corner.
>>
>>2666551
I’ve lived in Denver for 2 years you dumbass.

Portland or Seattle guys? where should I go?
>>
File: 0503493462820171516578.jpg (132 KB, 850x1063)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>2666163
>where I don't need a car to get around?
do you realize how massive the USA is- let alone the cities within it? The only real cities with public transport are Los Angeles or New York and even at that, you'll still be deterred by the urban sprawl. It's not Europe or Japan. If you must, atleast use ridesharing apps or rent a vehicle for each visit. USA is a vehicle-centric experience that is unique in that regard.
>>
US? idk, probably not, NYC is probably the most maintained and has the most security. for canada, vancouver is quite safe and has tons of security but you cant get away from the smell of a certain group completely. I heard boston is also not bad.
>>
>you can't live in a city without a car
Lived in Phoenix for over 5 years no car, buses were in towns from flagstaff and Tuscon; even some smaller cities. Not sure why people forget most everywhere in the US has bus systems that you can also rack your bike on. Bike+bus is just as good as a car unless you're fat.
>>
>>2666573
i'm an extreme transit advocate cager hating faggot and I know that's a lie, I've lived places with only bus service. BRT can be fine like in ABQ, otherwise the frequencies, schedules, inconsistencies (stuck in traffic mostly) are unbearable and commuting is a huge chore, where I lived it was faster to take my escooter over 18km than to take the bus.
>>
>>2666274
>guess I could just go there for a quick phillycheese steak
Nevermind don't come
>>
>>2666577
I would use my ebike for pretty much any day that the weather was fine. What I mean was you can use them in combination to overcome some issues such as rain, snow, +100F, if getting to work not looking like shit was important
>>
>>2666163
Pick a college town you like
>>
>>2666573
>Bike+bus is just as good as a car unless you're fat.
havent heard of this combo but sounds based
>>
>>2666573
Phoenix hits 120 in the summer I doubt the buses have good air conditioning you just sound very poor
>>
>>2666274
Philly can be fun but it’s 32% white and 39% black. If you do go, check out the historical sites, hang out in center city, and do not get your cheesesteak from Pat’s or Geno’s (they’re tourist traps). Pittsburgh is good, but only for certain people. The weather is complete dog shit, maybe the worst of any bigger city in the U.S., and it’s got a post-industrial vibe. You’ll see a lot of busted up 20th century build houses. But you’ll also see a lot of old, brick style houses, some trendy new areas, a nice downtown, and a city that is majority white with good schools and colleges.
https://youtu.be/JVTP6yv81Qs?si=iFnatobMZG25qcg6
The downside is Reddit seems to have caught on to Pittsburgh and there’s a meme that suggests it’s the primo city for people planning for climate change, so they’re moving there en masse to shit up the place. Until now, Pittsburgh has been basically normal but in a few decades it will definitely be a solidly blue leftist city like Portland or Minneapolis.
As for the rest of Pennsylvania, well, the landscape is nice. Some of the small towns and college towns are comfy. Most of the cities that people live in are complete post-industrial shit filled with opiates and or black and Caribbean islander people. So not great overall. It’s a min-max state. Really comfy towns and really shitty cities, a place of extremes.
>>
>>2666163
There’s only 3 big cities with majority white populations: Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis. Jacksonville is not walkable. Some smaller ones are
Madison and Columbus.

>>2666613
Wouldn’t recommend it as college towns are alienating once you’re older than 25 or so and single. The above are college towns but more than college towns.
> t 31 year old living in a college town atm
>>
>>2666163
Hold on what the FUCK is that image? You need to have security guard beating up anyone leaving their trash to subway right now. Do it and kick them out if they dont stop. Next you get rats or virus in the subway.

Id be fucking embarrassed to take that M-Train to work. Looks like american homeless camp.
>>
>>2666163
No. Actually no.
>>
Lived in DC for 5 years without a car and never had an issue.
>>
>>2667997
DC is 65% non-white though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.